Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Joining Before Vigil's Keep - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Joining Before Vigil's Keep - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Joining Before Vigil's Keep - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Joining Before Vigil's Keep - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Joining Before Vigil's Keep - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Joining Before Vigil's Keep - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Joining Before Vigil's Keep - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Joining Before Vigil's Keep - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Joining Before Vigil's Keep - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Joining Before Vigil's Keep

+13
Dragonis
Kraven Shadow
Jezarine
Swift_Assassin
Macha
Ostef Ziker
Takara
Rakot Hemlin
Varen
Khael
UncleVanya
Calliara
Nygozy
17 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Joining Before Vigil's Keep - Page 2 Empty Re: Joining Before Vigil's Keep

Post  UncleVanya Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:16 pm

"That story didn't go the way I hoped it would...."

Ostef was interrupted by Rakot's fist delivering a punch to his abdomen which tossed the mercenary to the ground.

"Well, I'm all better now. Let's hope this Joining gets underway soon, I still need that drink."

UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:37 pm

Jezarine sat on the rockand listened to all that was going on with a hand over her mouth to stiffle the snickers that came out because she was well too close to Rakot to let him hear her laugh but as time went on she could not help herself and started laughing in hilarity especially about the cow incident. She was slapping her knee and finally fell of the rock, nocking her head on the ground but still could not stop laughing. It ended up with her face going completely red, the tattoo flowers an amazing, bright pink while she choked on the laughter.

Nygozy kept her face expressionless as Khael became upset at the regular rules and let him rage and get out thefrustration then smiled at him, "You are correct, Khael. If you wish to take the joining now then it certainly is your right. Your past has made you have to grow up fast. I am sorry that I would prefer that you have some time for being youthful as I know how painful it is to lose that. And sorry but I did not realize you were twenty. If you wish to do it now then you both can but you must know that there is danger to the joining and bad effects as well. If you are fine with that thenby all means you can."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Varen Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:59 pm

Varen looked around with a calm look on her face. Amusing as all of this talk was, the mage was confused. If people could die during the Joining, why was every one so calm? Why weren't they leaving messages for their loved ones, or telling someone to look after their sibling? "It makes no sense..." She muttered under her breath. Varen was half tempted to go and talk to Nygozy about the Joining, but knew better than to interrupt. Besides, it wasn't her place to speak. These people seemed to know each other, at least a little. The tattooed woman, however, had no such pleasure.
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Wolfram came by to watch the joining, knowing that Rakot and Ostef were both going to undertake it. He wanted to explain himself before they join, before the opportunity is lost to him. He was also curious to see if the perform their Joining a bit different.

He walked over to the 'twins' as they were collectively known. "Nice to meet you, Calliara Maherial. I'm afraid we haven't formally met. I'm Wolfram Caron, a recent transfer. I've heard good things about you and look forward to working with you."

"Rakot, Ostef, I wanted to apologize for my actions earlier. You deserve an explanation. I doubt I can change your opinion of me, but I won't have you continue to hate me without hearing my side."

"You see, I had been trying to stop the fighting, which was why I threatened blood magic earlier. Kraven had actually stopped his attack, that I provoked, as you arrived. As you disobeyed Nygozy's orders, I attempted to stop you with blood magic, because the alternative was trying to get close and freeze you in place."

"I'd like to wish you both luck. Trust me when I say that what Kraven did to me was nothing compared to what you two are about to face."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:14 pm

"Keep your apologies, mage. You don't turn on your comrades to protect someone that attacked you. Your first reaction should be to help, and if you're too much of a coward to do that, then naturally you should have gotten the hell out of the way. If you are my ally, I must be able to trust you to watch my back, something that I can not do because of your actions. You're not my ally, ask yourself what that makes us."

Rakot spoke in an irritated voice, looking into the blood mage's eyes.

"What Rakot says is right, though I appreciate you trying to apologize. Trust once lost, is no easy thing to regain."
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:27 pm

"I followed orders. Standing orders were to stand down. Kraven had orders to not kill anyone. Even though you provoked that fight, he still followed orders. However, you two didn't follow those orders. So, I tried to stop you before you got someone killed. I'll tell you this, though. Kraven has lived for a long time. You wouldn't have been able to stop them with the amount of experience he has under his belt."

Wolfram began feeling frustrated. This was just wasting time he could be spending actually meeting some of the other wardens involved. "I'd also like to say that if you think you can just train long enough to eventually beat him, your wrong. Kraven's planning to do something with that dragon that arrived. Something that would leave him even stronger for it. Also, believe it or not, but for the time being, Kraven is your ally. Once the situation at Vigil's Keep is dealt with, I'm sure that may no longer be the case."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Rakot gritted his teeth.

"We provoked nothing. He attacked you, we gave the proper response. If I could not kill him then I would die trying, and be content because I am a warrior, fighting and killing is what I exist for. And I will get strong enough! If there is a will, there is a way, and my will is one thing that nothing can break. He may be your ally, but he is my enemy, nothing will ever change that! I will kill him!"

Rakot's muscles tensed up. Ostef stepped in between the berserker and the mage trying to stop things from escalating further.

"Wolfram, how about you piss off before things start getting way out of hand. Rakot, calm down, he isn't worth it."

UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:55 pm

Everything was funny for a while then it changed rather quickly. This gave Jezarine pause and got up off the ground then walked towards what she felt was the more disturbing situation. She stopped beside the men and looked at the men, gulping with some fear then spoke, "Please let's not fight ok? Ser maybe you should go see others. Rakot... please, everything is ok. The joining will be soon. Maybe... uh go beat on a tree to calm a bit?"
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:59 pm

"It's okay Jezarine. It's just a misunderstanding that will never be understood." Wolfram said to the healer mage. "I'll be sticking around for a while. I came to watch this Joining, which is only fitting since I brought you two here. Again, good luck to the both of you. You'll need it."

Wolfram walked away and saw a familiar face. He recalled seeing her back in Orlais with Riordan. What was her name again? Oh yes, Macha Cousland. He wondered why he didn't get a report on her, but that may have been because she spent most of the blight in Orlais. She was also the one who performed the first Ferelden joining since the Blight.

"Hello, Macha Cousland. It has been a long time. I haven't seen you since you left with Riordan, Maker watch over him. I heard that you performed the previous Joining. The results were quite impressive."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rakot Hemlin Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:18 pm

Wolfram walked off and Rakot relaxed his muscles.

"Don't worry Ostef, Jezarine, I'm fine. I control my rage, it doesn't control me."

Do I even believe that anymore?

"I'll hold off on the violence against nature till later, the trees can sleep safe tonight. This Joining is getting more and more hyped up by the minute, wonder whats taking so long to get it started."
Rakot Hemlin
Rakot Hemlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Varen Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:25 pm

"I believe we are waiting for someone to actually administer the Joining." Varen remarked, speaking to Rakot. "It seems as if there has much talk of who will actually begin it." The elf sat down and pulled her dagger from its sheathe on her leg in an un-menacing way. She just wanted to look at it, or clean it. Just wanted something to do.
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:32 pm

"Does it really matter? Not that I know what comprises a Joining, but it sounds like a bunch of ceremonial crap. You'd think they decide on this kind of thing beforehand. Ah, sod it."

Rakot noticed as Varen pulled out her weapon.

"Well, thats a mighty fine dagger you got there little elf. I used to be a weapon's merchant in the past, know a bit about these things. Looks like elven make, but not Ferelden, Tevinter perhaps? Am I correct?"

"Jez, we're obviously going through with it now, do you mind telling us what the Joining is? I'm sure if its some sort of test it won't get any easier by you explaining in broad terms what actually goes into it."
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:04 pm

"Thanks Wolfram." Jezarine spoke with some relief knowing there would not be a fight. She did not like fights between people who should be working together especially.

Her head turned as the elven gal spoke and she shrugged, "It's probably more to the extent of getting everyone arranged. This isn't a regular joining so we wait for everyone who should be here."

Ostef then spoke and the healer brushed her top teeth over her bottom lip nervously before turning to him. It was easy to tell that she wanted to get this over and done with and was worried, "Well ... the joining itself isn't that hard to do. It's just that you have to drink some of the liquid in that nice big cup there but ... uh ... it's not a nice drink and ... well, it's kinda dangerous but the last joining went well. I think it should be really good again."
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Khael Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:05 pm

"Thank you for your concern commander, but my childhood ended the day Lothering fell and nothing can change that. I would rather be prepared to fight than try to regain something that can never be. I am willing to take whatever bad there is to have the tools to avenge my family." Khael spoke slowly, the fight having gone from him instantly.

"I never had a ch... childhood and I'm much t... too old to start now. Thank you for giving us this chance commander. This is Khael's p.. path and I wouldn't b... be alive without him. I... I want to follow it with him. I d... don't know what else to do." Takara stammered but she looked down at the commander and looked her in the eye while she spoke.
Khael
Khael

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:15 am

"Very well. You will be called for the joining." Nygozy turned and walked away not wanting to speak any more with them but not showing that this was the case. This was something she did not like and she was not about to do more talking about it as she felt she would go crazy if she did.

She walked over to Calliara and turned to her, "Takara is older than she looks. She is twenty. Khael is determined to do the joining now as he feels that with all he had gone through he should have the right as an adult since he lost his childhood once the Darkspawn took Lothering. I agree with him. He is no child except by age and even then, most people are not really children by that time as we cannot afford to be so."

Nygozy looked to Macha, "It is ok that you are late, Macha. Sorry that I did not answer you right away. Ali seems to be off probably in a cheese stupor so you get the rights tonight." She was not thrilled with the factor that Alistair's being the king took him from a lot of the warden things which he should be able to commit himself to and she turned away to go stand to the side so she did not show this fact to her friends.

Once in her place she stood as tall as she could for one her size and spoke, "I believe everyone is here who should be here so let's get to the joining ritual. Everyone being initiated stand in a line and anyone here to support the new wardens stand to the sides. Macha?"
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:00 pm

When Wolfram adressed her, Calliara bowed her head a bit, with a little smile. ''Nice to meet you. Maybe later we can talk''

Then Nygozy told her about Khael and Takara, and the Wolf just nodded, even if she was still thinking they were too young. ''I am sorry, Commander. It wasn't my intention. I just wish... I just wish that everyone could be children while they are. That's all''

Then she moved to the sides, to join Bowen and Gunnar that were already there. Gunnar asked out loud something about why the hell was the Cousland guiding the Joining instead of the Commander or her second, but Calliara made him shut up with an icy look.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraven Shadow Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:48 pm

Kraven shimmered into view next to Wolfram and placed a hand on his shoulder. For some reason he was not sent into painful convulsions as before.

He leaned in close to Wolfram, whispering in his ear, "I apologize for my outburst. It was uncalled for, as you were just voicing your concerns. Concerns that were indeed justified, but worry not my friend, for you having nothing to fear from me."

He looked over at Calliara, smiling warmly, giving her a nod in greeting.

He caught the eye of Nygozy and bowed his head in thanks, before turning to the ritual at hand. He had observed many joinings in the past, he knew the risks and rewards that were to come.
Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:54 pm

Calliara smiled as well and bowed her head just a bit, then whispered something to her two companions.

Bowen looked at Kraven right in the eye and smiled friendly. Gunnar studied the elven Keeper longer than him, but finally nodded as well, with a ''hmm'' that wanted to be friendly
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Khael Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:08 pm

As Nygozy called the joining to order Khael and Takara moved up to where the dwarf woman indicated. Khael could tell the wolf that had rescued them was not happy about their presence and in a way he was grateful she cared, but his mind was made up.

Khael gave Takara's hand one last reassuring squeeze. "Good luck little sister. If something happens to me promise you'll look for Drazy?" He whispered to her and then stood tall and proud, refusing to bow to the fear of what was to come. The darkspawn had taken all possible future's from him. This was the only path left open.

"Good luck to you too brother. Y... you know I will. I.. if something h... happens to me, please p... protect another i.. in my place. Th... there are many who n.. need you." Takara whispered back to him. Taking a deep breathe she stood silently, defiant despite her fear.
Khael
Khael

Back to top Go down

Post  Varen Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:51 pm

Varen nodded to Rakot in response to her dagger. "Yes, it is of Tevinter make." She smiled down fondly at the dagger. Sure, she wasn't the greatest blades-woman out there, but she knew a good weapon when she saw one.

The elf sheathed her weapon when the Joining was called. She walked over to where Nygozy had indicated, standing next to the woman with a scar on her cheek. Muttering a few words in an ancient language, Varen prayed for safety for all of them.
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Post  Macha Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:57 pm

Macha nodded to Nygozy, understanding without saying so that the dwarven Commander had been under more than a little pressure lately, and that any curtness was to be expected (and even encouraged, because Macha knew more than most that bottling things up, being polite when you wanted to scream, was dreadfully bad for the health). If Alistair was unavailable, then she'd do the Joining - by now she was so familiar with the ritual that she hardly needed to think anything of it. She felt a small stab of disappointment as she turned around to face the strangers looked up at her - she usually liked to know at least something about the potential recruits, because it made wishing for their safety all the more personal, but the traveling had not afforded her the opportunity. When - if - they survived, she would have to make more of an effort to get to know them.

"We are on the road," she admitted with a friendly smile to all of them, "and formality has been affected as such. If you will forgive the lack of pomp and circumstance, however, we can be on our way." She glanced back at the cup of darkspawn and archdemon blood, and then her gaze flicked to Nygozy. "Names?" she asked, as she always did. "Unless you'd like to call them forward while I perform the ceremony?"
Macha
Macha

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:10 pm

"The knife eared bastard is here..."

Rakot said to Ostef, assuming the position indicated by the Commander, and throwing a hateful glance at Kraven.

"Ignore him, we got the Joining to contend with."

"Oh, I will, its not the time to draw his blood yet. But the day will come."

"You haven't forgotten your promise to take care of my family if something happens?"

"No I haven't."

"Good, lets do this then, brother. KILL!"

"KILL!"

The two shook hands and waited for further instructions.

UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Wolfram just stood by and kept a careful eye on the twins. Macha had become preoccupied with the new joining, leaving his greeting unanswered, but it's understandable. This was a unscheduled joining brought on by the number of new recruits...probably.

With Kraven here, Wolfram watched Rakot and Ostef talking. Presumably saying something about his ears, a typical elven slur, and something about killing him. Very predictable and very Rakot. If only Ostef had enough of a mind to rid himself of Rakot's influence and go off on his own.

He stood by, however, ready to help move anyone if it is needed of him.
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraven Shadow Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:31 pm

Kraven looked upon the gathering of people; both veteran wardens and recruits were gathered. It was a good sign that the Fereldan wardens were on the rise again. They had done so much good in the past that it was a shame they were banished before.

His gazed stopped at Rakot and Ostef, he smiled sincerely at them and gave them both a respectful nod. He could sense the ill will towards him. He ignored it, as he no longer cared. His mortal coil had been left behind, along with his anger towards other races, even humans.

He knew they had done his race wrong. Just as he also knew they were misguided in their ways. They were rushed as their lives were so short, they thought they needed to stuff it full of so many things that it blinded them to what really mattered.

Kraven sensed the mistrust that some of the wardens and wardens to be felt toward one another. He hoped they learned to trust each other, as once you are a warden you only have each other to count on.

He moved gracefully down the line of Veteran wardens and stood beside the white wolf.

He gently touch the small of her back as he leaned in, whispering in her ear, "You take your duty as warden very seriously, as you should. It is not every day that an Elvhen warrior gets to take up that mantle. You are an example of what an Elf used to be and what I hope they will be again. I hope we can talk further as we travel, for there is much I wish to discuss with you."
Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:43 pm

Calliara turned her head to Kraven, listening. Next to her, Bowen looked at the elf as well, curious but not trying to listen. Gunnar just looked once and then turned his eyes to the recruits.

The Wolf nodded briefly and whispered back. ''I give you my thanks, hahren, but I just do what I must. I hope we can talk as well, there are lots of things of our culture that I wish to know. And you got me curious with those things you say you want to discuss with me''

Bowen's elbow nudged her side gently, and she smiled. ''Ah, yes. Please, hahren, I know this is not the moment, but I wish to introduce you to my two brothers, Bowen Pentaghast and Gunnar Karanir. They both joined the same day as I did, and we've been more than friends, almost siblings if not by blood, since then. I trust them with my life''

Gunnar looked at them then, and nodded. ''Well met''

Bowen smiled wide and offered his hand without even thinking about it. ''Nice to meet you''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next