Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Joining Before Vigil's Keep - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Joining Before Vigil's Keep - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Joining Before Vigil's Keep - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Joining Before Vigil's Keep - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Joining Before Vigil's Keep - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Joining Before Vigil's Keep - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Joining Before Vigil's Keep - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Joining Before Vigil's Keep - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Joining Before Vigil's Keep - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Joining Before Vigil's Keep

+13
Dragonis
Kraven Shadow
Jezarine
Swift_Assassin
Macha
Ostef Ziker
Takara
Rakot Hemlin
Varen
Khael
UncleVanya
Calliara
Nygozy
17 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Joining Before Vigil's Keep - Page 5 Empty Re: Joining Before Vigil's Keep

Post  Kai Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:41 pm

"My fault? What are you talking about. I've done everything I can to get her to eat and sleep short of tying her down." Kai watched impatiently as Kraven came over and talked to the healer.

"Spell, what kind of spell?" Kai stopped in his pacing and knelt down beside the cot on the other side from the other elves. He took the dwarf's limp hand in his own and looked down at her, fear and concern on his face.

The elven assassin look up with a start as Drake spoke. "Dragons. Bombs. Spells. Someone tell me plainly what is going on before I start stabbing the information out of you."
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:48 pm

Wolfram had followed the group and stayed a few feet outside, but when Kraven stepped in, he got closer. As curious as the situation was, he moved a bit closer before hearing Kai mention a spell. This was very interesting and perhaps a bit cold hearted to think more about it than the commander's well-being, but this was something he had to know about.

"Don't mind me," Wolfram addressed as he stepped as close as he could."What exactly do you know about this spell?"
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:11 am

Calliara rushed inside the tent, stoic as always, but highly worried. Damn it, if the Commander was knocked off, that meant she was the Commander in functions until Nygozy was back.

''What the hell is happening?''

Way too much people in here

The Wolf turned to the others, and snarled.

''Everyone but Kai and Jezarine, OUT. This tent is big but not that big to have all of us inside. We'll talk outside, and from there we can hear Jez if we leave the flap open. Gentlemen, OUT''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Macha Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:09 am

Macha side-stepped a little away from the tent opening, already outside of the tent anyway but moving to let anyone else out. Calliara was right - overcrowding wasn't going to help Nygozy, and since Macha knew little in the way of healing, she could at least provide a standing guard. She didn't say anything, because Calliara was in charge now, and Macha had to let her assert herself. Truth be told, Macha always thought that Calli was a little nervous when she took control, but that didn't stop her from being a fantastic leader. Nygozy couldn't have asked for a better Second.
Macha
Macha

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:16 am

Fremelda bristled a bit from Macha's backhanded compliments but didn't say anything. And then Nygozy went down after succumbing to exhaustion it seems. This put Fremelda on the alert and her hand on Thorn, as if expecting some unseen assailant. When she heard what the symptoms were, she frowned and relaxed a bit. "Just exhaustion... Come, Cousland. Let's give the Commander some space. I doubt we'll be able to do anything but hinder them." She said, forcing herself to be a little friendlier with Macha this time around.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:32 am

Jezarine bit her bottom lip as she looked at Kai, "Uhm well ah ... yeh sorta Kai ... uh ... KRAVEN ... eh do you want to tell him?" She chickened out on that account not knowing how the assassin would react but as soon as she was asked about the further characteristics of the spell she was right on that.

"It is a healer spell which can be used to put a patient to sleep so they can be operated on or because they are too difficult to stay in bed when they need to. You know, like warriors and the like who just can't behave and not reopen their wounds."
Jezarine was in her field now, healing knowledge her forte, "So someone set this for a specific timing and set another one to increase reproduction capabilities. Whoever it was did a really good job of it."

She looked to Kraven, "I can't remove the spell but you may be able to and be able to pull her out of the sleep."
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:38 am

Drake walked out of the tent but spoke as he went, "Whoever they are, they have a seer and Branchel believes they saw that Kraven would ask Nygozy to join to him in order to keep the peace so, since that binding would connect them so strongly they figured they couldn't get to Kraven a conventional manner to kill him so go with a healing way, and put them both to sleep for a while. Killing Nygozy wouldn't do anything but if the two were unconscious they couldn't go after the dragon lord. And since that spell could only be removed by the originator or Kraven ..."

He shrugged as he leaned against a pole, "It is a good thing the two of you decided on the blood bond instead."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:43 am

Calliara just stared at them. She couldn't remember drinking anything that night, but surely she was having a growing headache.

''Say what?'' The Wolf snapped. ''Would you mind explaining that more clearly, love? I'm afraid I don't understand what the hell you're talking about''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:55 am

Drake gave Calliara a quick smile but then went back to his stoic demeanor:

"Of course my love. You wouldn't know everything I just said.

There are enemies who do not want us to stop the big baddie from the fade getting out of the fade.

These enemies have a seer.

The seer saw a situation where Kraven suggested that he and Nygozy go through a ritual which would connect them in such a manner that both would feel and receive similar reactions to wounds and death.

The seer did not see that they would take a blood ritual instead which only connects them.

An agent from the other group put a medicinal type of spell on her before you guys showed up. The spell would put her to sleep and if she and Kraven had done the first ritual, he too would be asleep.

The only one who can pull Nyggy from this sleep is Kraven. If he were asleep as well, boom two down and big fade god in our world causing heaps of trouble.

You see, they couldn't go after Kraven and kill him easily so they devised a more subtle trap which sorta worked. Even without Kraven down they probably think Nyggy is out of commission because of the extra addition to the spell they hoped would come to if the foreseen relationship with Kai happened."

Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:08 am

Calliara just stared at him. Then she looked inside the tent, where her cousin was nursing Nygozy just as a mother hen, or just a lover. Then, she looked at Kraven, Macha, Wolfram, and back to Drake.

''I have a headache'' She announced tiredly. ''Macha and Fremelda, go take care of the newest Wardens until they all are up and running. Send Bowen and Gunnar to take care of the others. Wolfram, I am sure you'll have something to say about this, it seems you always have things to say about everything... I guess it's an Orlesian thing... Drake, Kraven, I need you to explain this further. If I have to take care of the Order while Nygozy is sleeping, I have to know everything. Jez, try to make her comfortable until she wakes up. Kai... just stay with her. If we have to remain here tomorrow we'll do, we won't move until we're sure Nygozy is fully recovered, and that means I'll make her sleep and eat properly even if I have to chain her and feed her like a chicken''

The Wolf looked around, in her usual serious mood, but now was something else. ''Drake and Wolfram, after everything is explained to me, you both will go and inspect the camp's defenses and watch's posts. I want the children in the center of the camp, close to the biggest firepit, and the Tamassran with them. The newest recruits will be moved there as well until they're up. Marcus and Guremi too, they both are still recovering. I want the mabari with the children. Tell the mages I want them with their reserves of lyrium filled. Send Griffinhart here, I wish to speak with him. Also, the horses and wagons, in the center as well, I don't want anything of importance out of our sight from the main firepit. If any of you have questions, this is the best moment''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Macha Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:21 am

Macha cast a vaguely put-out look in Fremelda's direction, the intent 'do you really think I'm going to leave because you say so?' clear on her face. It wasn't that she wanted to insult the former assassin, but she was the senior Warden between them, and her orders came from Nygozy - or Calliara, in this case - alone. She appreciated Fremelda's intentions of letting Nygozy rest, but she wasn't leaving until she had solid orders.

And then Calli spoke, and those solid orders finally came to her. "Understood," she said, nodding her head to the temporary Commanding elf. Argos, who'd been by her feet the whole time, heard the orders for the mabari and barked to attention, and looked to Macha. He understood what he was supposed to do - protecting the young ones was of great importance - if Macha's orders came from the Commander, then his orders came from Macha, and Macha alone. The noblewoman looked down at the Mabari and nodded, and that was all the signal he needed. He'd rather be protecting her, but he knew well that she could take care of herself.

She watched Argos turn and run off before looking back at Fremelda, smiling overly-sweetly. "Well, let's go see how much poking it takes to wake the kiddies up, yes?" she said, a mischievous glint in he eye. "I bet it takes a hit from a high-dragon's tail to wake up Rakot." Of course, she wasn't really going to wake them up - they needed their rest - but the humor helped to steady her nerves as she walked away from Nygozy's tent.
Macha
Macha

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:45 am

"I guess you haven't heard enough of me. I have a Ferelden accent. I'm a Free Marcher raised in Ferelden who joined the Orlesian Wardens. I knew little Ianto back when he was a recruit in the Tower of Magi." Wolfram remarked, before resting his hands on his head. "What you are seeing is the researcher in me."

"I guess your seer wasn't expecting me...or expected that no one would except my idea. Kraven is not the only one who can go in. Blood magic is rather powerful and I can also go in. Granted, since Kraven's not in this same state, it's not needed, however if something should happen to Kraven, I would say I'm the backup plan." Wolfram calmly added.
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:28 am

Before Kai could even begin to work through Jezarine's mumblings to work out her meaning everyone else was talking. Drake and Jezarine's explanations about the spell helped calm Kai somewhat. She was asleep but she wasn't about to explode. But what had they said about something extra and about him?

The assassin was about ready to cut a straight answer from them when his cousin began giving orders. They were very sensible orders and he was glad of it. The blond elf looked up at his white haired cousin and nodded his thanks for her taking control. He then looked down at Nygozy and gently pushed a lock of hair off her forhead before looking back up again.

"What is this extra you are talking about and what does it have to do with me? The assassin asked with an icy gleam in his eye. "I want a straight answer right now!" He demanded, clearly losing patience with the elven healer. The hand that was not holding Nygozy's was now unconciously resting on one of his daggers.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraven Shadow Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:31 pm

"Easy Kai. This is a very interesting union for sure. I don't think I have ever see it happen, ever. Probably because you wouldn't normally see an elf and a dwarf romantically involved."

He looked straight at Kai, placing his hand on the assassin's shoulder, "When you protect the Paragon, you will be protecting two lives now. She is with child"

"Blood magic should be a last resort measure, it can have......interesting side effects on both parties." he said looking over at Wolfram.

Kraven shook his head, "All we need is more seers. One seer is enough to worry about, two is just well, not good at all."

"I will take the spell off, but will keep her in a restful sleep so that she can get some rest."

Without another word, Kraven drifted over to the sleeping dwarf, looking down on her he saw how peaceful she was. He brushed the hair out of her face as he touched her forehead. He closed his eyes in concentration. Soon his hand had shed its physical properties, becoming pure energy. Just as easily it had appeared, the hand faded from view.

There was nothing there, no energy, no hand. It was as if it faded from existence. No sooner had Kraven's hand vanished, his physical body became enveloped by white energy; it radiated heat and made everyone shield their eyes for fear of going blind.

The radiant light only lasted for a moment, as it too vanished from sight. With his physical manifestation shed, Kraven could no longer be perceived by the mortal minds of those around him.

A soft white aura surrounded the sleeping dwarf, cascading up and down her body. A gentle and soothing warmth radiated from her, putting everyone in the tent at ease.

This lasted for several moments. Just as the aura faded from view, Kraven reappeared, his fingers still on her forehead.

He stood up straight, looking around at the others in the tent, "It has been removed. She is now safe, but she will rest for several more hours before my sleep spell will allow her to wake. She will be fully rested and alert at that time."

He again placed his hand on Kai's shoulder, "They are both fine, you needn't worry about them. They are out of danger."
Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Kai flinched at the touch from the other elf, not used to the touch of anyone other than Nygozy. Then the words the elf spoke penetrated his mind. "With. Child?" He said slowly in bewilderment. "But... what.. OH," He said as the reality of the situation slowly washed over him and all the bits and pieces of conversation crashed into place.

That was what the extra something in the spell was. Something to allow a warden to become pregnant. Someone had done this to her, to him, to... them on purpose. But before his rage could truely grow the white aura and calming effect Kraven was putting out washed over him.

Kai was far to confused and shocked to even know how he felt or what to do now. He decided to stick to what he knew and just worry about Nygozy for now. The rest could be dealt with later. "Thank you" he said to Kraven as the elf spoke.

The assassin moved back to the cot and knelt down beside Nygozy once more. Then he decided he didn't care what anyone else thought or said and he laid down on the cot beside her, wrapping his arm about her protectively.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:30 pm

A smile lit across his face for a moment once again as Calliara took command and started issuing orders.

He heard a growl from under the cot that said one mabari was not doing anything but protecting his person and anyone who got in the way of that was going to have body parts removed.

Once all was done and everyone was moving, Drake took Calliara to the side, "I checked the perimeter before coming here. All is well but I will be doing more checking. This was done while she was in mine and Sinjan's care." His eyes became dark and menacing but not at her, "It must have been one of the traders or others whom we came into contact soon before any wardens had arrived. I wish to have leave to send a small group of wardens and Sinjan to find whoever did this."

He watched Calliara's eyes as she considered her words then nodded. He kissed her then left, unhappy that he had to leave her there in such a worried state but he had things to do. Now.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:31 pm

Shade stood outside the tent and stepped in as Kraven became a white flash which made him chuckle the Old Elf seemed to like showing off his power whenever he could. He turned to look at kai getting his first real good look since he had appeared by the Chantry, A smile spread over his features as he sat down next to the elf. "With Child huh I don't know much about you and Nygozy other than that kiss you shared when I first met you but if it's yours we need a Party. guys only I'm talking large fire, dancing girls, hot food and women entertainment. We need to celebrate and outfit you with things a kid will need. A leveret dagger for your child is always useful. So are you the father ore do I need to find another guy for the party? ". Shade was grinning from ear to ear for some reason he liked kids and he always wanted to throw a party.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:44 pm

Whatever Kraven had done had worked. It was gone, whatever it was but Jezarine was sure she could trace the effects to whoever had done it. Yes, she knew a way of setting that up. She became excited about the concept but kept it within as she touched Kraven's hand and looked up, "Thank you."

She turned to Kai now in the cot with Nygozy, "She is well. I have a way of finding the culprit and will bring it to Calliara's attention. Uhm ... congratulations."

As she was walking out she heard Shade's idea of a baby shower and chuckled lightly as she went past the young man, "It is his so you have the right man." Then she was gone, speaking to Calliara and Drake for a moment to tell them she had a way to find whoever did it and left to get to that work.
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:59 pm

"It's always a backup plan. Who said backup plans don't have kinks in it? That's what makes it the backup plan as opposed to the first plan."

Nygozy was pregnant with Kai's child. That...was very alarming. It's wasn't common for Warden's to have children, especially since they might not be able to see them grow up before their calling occurs. And there was no way around the Calling...or was there.

"I have one concern for you two. The Calling. Normally she wouldn't be able to see this kid when they mature, due to her calling probably occurring near the same time. I know of two methods that may help around that. I heard rumors of a blood mage named Avernus who may still be alive in Soldier's Peak, who had been a Warden many years ago under Sophia Dryden. I don't doubt his methods of survival were wicked at best. Another one has to do with a warden named Fiona. She was one of several forced on a premature Calling that was brought on by magical amulets. Supposedly, after being cured of the cause of this, some believe Fiona may no longer have to embark on a Calling." Wolfram said.
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraven Shadow Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:09 pm

As soon as he heard his apprentices voice he whirled around, took a step towards him, and tapped a finger on his forehead.

Instantly the red haired elf collapsed in a heap on the ground, his arms and legs at weird angles, yet remained unbroken.

Kraven looked down and just shook his head, "His memory has been wiped of what he saw here today. Someone drag him back to his woman and tell her to keep a better eye on him. I will speak with him later about proper protocols later."

Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:21 pm

All Kai wanted was a few minutes of quiet to think about all he had just heard. Unfortunately that didn't look like it was going to happen. Luckily Kraven dealt with Shade before Kai threw a dagger at the young mage's head. He was sure the mage probably meant well, but the last thing he wanted right now was a nosy mage when he had just learned that mages had been messing with Nygozy.

Reluctantly the elf kissed Nygozy's forhead and stood up. "We should take this outside. Let the Hero get some sleep."

As they moved outside Kai took up a position so he could see Nygozy inside, but the others outside as well. He first turned his attention to Wolfram. "My first concern is who did this to the hero, how they did it, and exactly why. I am glad you have ideas about the calling, but that is many years off and should not be our primary concern right now.""

Next he turned to Calliara. "Cousin, I trust you can see to the camp and its safety while the Hero recovers. Please keep me informed of any news."

The assassin surveyed the whole group for a moment before speaking again. "Now if anyone other than Jezarine or Calliara enters this tent again I will stab first and ask questions later." And with that the elf dissapeared back inside to continue his vigil beside Nygozy's cot.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  Torture Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:28 pm

Torture followed Kai and sat to the side waiting for his person's mate to tell everyone off. He then took position at the front of the entrance, snarled at everyone outside and flipped the front flap closed with a bark of "like he said, so there."

He watched Kai go to the cot then turned, sitting down in front of the doorway and listening and smelling for anyone or anything accidentally coming in. Whoever misbehaved would have a dagger and mabari teeth to deal with.
Torture
Torture

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:39 pm

The look Macha gave Fremelda did not sit well with the assassin. She took it as defiance. Calm down, Fremelda. she thought to herself. They're your new family now... learn to stop being such a bitch. She chided herself mentally. She bit her lip angrily until the order came from Calliara to tend to the unconscious recruits. Fremelda gave a half-hearted, casual salute. Then Macha tried to lighten the mood with humor. Rakot? Probably have a bronto jump up and down on him a couple times." She forced a chuckle, though there was still an air of mistrust around her, especially mistrusting of Kraven, who fancied himself a god now.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Varen Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:29 pm

Varen sat up the rest of the way, leaning slightly on her toes. All of the excitement near the tent was worrying her, but she dare not go near it. The elf stood that the best that she could, wobbling a little. Her face had a frown plastered on it, but said nothing of the protest her body was making.

"Where would you like me to go?" Varen asked, addressing Macha. She seemed to be the one in charge of the new wardens as of now.
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Post  Macha Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:23 pm

Macha had a hand to her face when she heard someone address her, and she looked up, letting her hand drop down to her side as she smiled tiredly at the girl - Varen, she remembered. She never forgot anyone in any Joining she performed.

"No," she said, shaking her head a little. "Right now, all of the new Wardens just need to rest, and let us handle things. Right now, there's nothing to be done, anyway." She looked over to where Jez was still with Nygozy in the tent, and then looked back at Varen. "Jezarine - the healer, you might know - is a bit busy at the moment, so all I can recommend is rest. You're standing, which is a good sign, but don't wear yourself out."
Macha
Macha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next