Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
So - Dragon Age 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
So - Dragon Age 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
So - Dragon Age 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
So - Dragon Age 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
So - Dragon Age 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
So - Dragon Age 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
So - Dragon Age 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
So - Dragon Age 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
So - Dragon Age 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

So - Dragon Age 3

3 posters

Go down

So - Dragon Age 3 Empty So - Dragon Age 3

Post  Ianto Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:16 pm

E3 released a trailer and more info about DA3 today, as I'm sure most of you have seen. Info so far, as I've seen, includes open-world play, gorgeous in-engine graphics, the introduction of more demon categories, the re-introduction of Morrigan, not to mention the details we've already learned about the game.

It looks great to me, and I'm super excited (not so excited about the late-2014 release date, but hey, as long as it's good)! Maybe this will spark some more inspiration in all of us!
Ianto
Ianto

Back to top Go down

So - Dragon Age 3 Empty Re: So - Dragon Age 3

Post  Dragonis Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:59 am

And I believe I read somewhere the Warden and Hawke make appearances as well.

Also, Brunette Varric. Discuss.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:47 am

I honestly can't tell if the hair color was just a result of the lighting or not. Or maybe it was an effort on their part to make the hair color more "realistic" (ie, darker to match the grittier feel of the trailer)?

Also, I've been hearing some conflicting things about Hawke and the Warden. Clearly they both have to have some big part, since DA2 makes a pretty big deal about emphasizing how both have mysteriously disappeared, but who knows in what capacity they'll appear. I mean, if they don't end up being at least partially PC, and just turn up as NPCs, wouldn't that be a kind of weird turnaround? It'd be like . . . they're your Hawke and Warden, but at the same time, you don't get to make their decisions for them so they're not your Hawke and Warden? I know I'd been hoping for at least some measure of PC capability with them, but who even knows. At least it looks like Bioware decided to get their shit together after DA2 and ME3.
Ianto
Ianto

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:32 am

>open-world
Ugh. I fully expect BioWare to fuck up amazingly, and not in a fun(ny) way. I can barely trust them with their formulaic narrative railroad, I have absolutely no faith in their ability to pull off a Skyrim. I mean, at least Bethsoft did it wide and shallow; but there is an expectation of depth (for a given value of "depth") from BioWare games, and that's kind of the thing that open-world games are incredibly bad at.

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

http://www.innocentmachine.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am

That's been the nagging little fear at the back of my mind, too. Whenever I consider something like Skyrim, I marvel at the world and kind of let the endlessly repetitive characters and general story fall to the wayside, because wow this world is huge and I can spend all day just stalking deer and be happy. And then I think about Dragon Age, and yeah, you're mostly confined to a set-map in terms of where you can explore, but I think that the characters are really what makes the game shine (in a great way). While it would be a blessing to have both, you kind of have to wonder just how they're going to manage to pull it off (and, if they do "pull it off," you have to wonder just how astronomically buggy it's going to be).
Ianto
Ianto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down