Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Joining Before Vigil's Keep I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Joining Before Vigil's Keep I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Joining Before Vigil's Keep I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Joining Before Vigil's Keep I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Joining Before Vigil's Keep I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Joining Before Vigil's Keep I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Joining Before Vigil's Keep I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Joining Before Vigil's Keep I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Joining Before Vigil's Keep I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Joining Before Vigil's Keep

+13
Dragonis
Kraven Shadow
Jezarine
Swift_Assassin
Macha
Ostef Ziker
Takara
Rakot Hemlin
Varen
Khael
UncleVanya
Calliara
Nygozy
17 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Joining Before Vigil's Keep Empty Joining Before Vigil's Keep

Post  Nygozy Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:32 pm

Nygozy stood in the small field looking out to the sky, her eyes partially closed as she thought of those they may lose and those they had lost. It hurt but she had to be strong as she was the Warden Commander after all. She waited knowing that the drink was now being set up by Jezarine, fresh as can be, and that there were sentries along the line to make sure no one arrived or left without consideration of what that would mean.

Jezarine was finished and she went to the side to wait, trying to be calm but not doing too well at that job. Nygozy looked over at her and motioned for her to be seated on the rock with a fur on it so she wouldn't fidget so much and she did.

Now the next thing was to wait for those of the more experienced of the wardens to arrive who would and the warden recruits. And hope there would be no deaths.

Last edited by Nygozy on Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Joining Before Vigil's Keep Empty Re: Joining Before Vigil's Keep

Post  Calliara Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:46 pm

''You look tired''

Calliara's soft voice came from behind her, and just after her words, the Wolf's hand pressed gently Nygozy's shoulder.

''I can take charge on this, if you want. You should rest. Is Macha going to guide the ritual again?''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Hazel eyes shifted to look at the Wolf and a slight grimace played on her lips, "If I were able to I would but as the Grey Warden Commander it is my duty to be here." She shook here head slowly, "This is my responsibility and it is upon my orders that these people have been recruited. If anything happens it is upon my shoulders."

She turned her head to see her friend better, "I believe she was going to but I believe she is on watch duty. Alistair had wanted to, being King and all."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:04 pm

''Being King and all is the reason for what he is not suited for that. Remember that we can't mix royal matters with Warden matters. I know that the poor cub wants to be just a Warden, but unless he abdicates, that's not possible and he should think about the political consequences''

Calliara studied her friend, and her eyes softened, her hand still on her shoulder.

''I know you have to be here. I just wish I could take some of your charges from you. You really look tired''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:10 pm

She smirked, "Well, he wants to anyway. He did abdicate to Teagan until he went back to reassume his position so I do not think that interferes and even if it interfered with the king and warden deal then he shouldn't have been able to become a king in the first place."

Nygozy sighed, "Sorry if I'm sounding kind of snarly, Calli. You do what you can to help cut down the chores but there have been some tough calls in such a short time and I have many more to go soon. After the joining I will go rest. Kai is starting to become agitated with me not sleeping or eating properly again."

Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:14 pm

The Wolf smiled proudly when she heard about her cousin's concern about his chosen love.

''I think you should let him take care of you, lethallan. But for now, I'll be here if you need me. I am sorry that I haven't been with you with all the problems you have gone through earlier this night. I was trying to get things done and ready in camp to rest, and I got absorbed. I truly apologize''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:14 pm

Ostef found Rakot in the training field. The berserker was sitting on the grass in his fatigues, soaked head to toe in sweat and chugging water from a canteen. Surrounding him were many chunks of rock in various sizes, some cut, some black from scorching, others crushed into fine powder.

"Good work, these stones won't be bothering anyone ever again."

Ostef grinned, Rakot faced him.

"I'm taking a five minute break, do you have a reason for interrupting me?"

"Yes, they told me to fetch you. The Joining, Rakot, its time for our Joining."

Rakot put the canteen down and slowly got up, reaching for his chainmail and putting it on.

"Really now....well...let's not keep them waiting. I'm guessing that Nygozy thinks that I'll be easier to control once I am a full fledged Warden, can't wait to prove her wrong."

"Well, to each his own, I'm looking forward to the pay increase myself. Also 'I'm a Warden' should prove to be a hell of a pick up line."

After Rakot got ready, the duo started walking towards the camp.
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Khael Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:24 pm

"Come on little sister. Let's get this over with." Khael said gently to Takara as he grabbed her hand and puller her to her feet.

"But what if I can't do the test brother? I can't even read properly! I can barely cast a lightening spell. I'm just going to look like a fool!" Takara cried out, clutching at the skirt of her robes anxiously.

"I doubt it is a written exam to become a warden little sister." He said reassuringly. "If it were something you could prepare for they would have set homework. Now come, it won't get easier by waiting."

Hand in hand the red haired dwarf and the dark haired human walked to the field they had been told to report to.
Khael
Khael

Back to top Go down

Post  Varen Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:31 pm

Varen walked from the nearby forest, adjusting her cloak. Seeing a couple of other people heading a particular direction, the mage joined them. 'This is it...' The Joining. Her only ticket to freedom.

Of course, that wasn't the only reason she was here. Being a Grey Warden was an honor. But why her? The Commander had not seen her fight, or seen her prove her wit. No, the Grey Warden had only seen her cower in fear like a child hiding from its reprimanding mother. So was it pity? Varen shook her head, clearing it of thoughts like those. Now was not the time to consider such things.
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:32 pm

Calliara was about to say something more to Nygozy when she saw Khael and Takara coming. Her smile froze, and she looked at them, then at Nygozy, and whispered to her.

''The two cubs? Are you... Are you truly going to let them try the Joining? They are too young, Nygozy! They are not even in their twenties! I... '' The Wolf looked at the two youths again, surprised, and worried, then at Nygozy once more. ''You have my trust with everything, but I can't agree with that. They are too young. Way too young. It's... it's unfair. I had no other choice, and I guess Griffinhart hadn't other choice as well, and we both are the youngest when Joined that I can remember. Khael and Takara... and Dartmoor, and Kassina, they are all too young. They don't deserve to be condemned this young...''

Believeing that she had spoken too much, The Wolf fell silent, but she had said what she needed to say
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:56 pm

Once they reached the site of the ritual they stopped.

"Well here we are. Greetings Warden Commander, and eh....everyone else. Feels like a good day to become a Warden."

Rakot looked around noticing Khael and Takara.

"The Wardens are that desperate that they're letting children join? Kinda erodes the prestige of the organization, don't it."

"Well, you never know, maybe they can handle a blade well enough. I hear kids these days are really desensitized to violence."

"Could always use another meat shield on the battlefield, or they could be used as munitions for tossing."

Ostef gave Rakot a disapproving look.

"That's a bit harsh, isn't it? They're just kids."

"War doesn't care, and neither do I."
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:03 pm

The Wolf smiled quietly when the Trouble Twins arrived. In spite of past events, those two amused her to no end. She kinda liked them, to be honest.

''Welcome'' Calliara greeted them, with her calm voice.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rakot Hemlin Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:16 pm

"Oh...the wolf, it has been a while. Must admit, I saw a lot of Wardens since we last met, and you're still the only one with some sense in your head. Bothers me to no end, especially since you're an elf. How goes it?"

Rakot grinned, the elven Warden had made an impression the last time mostly because she was the one most intent on killing Rakot and his henchmen during the kidnapping incident. Rakot respected that, since that aligned closely to what he would do if roles were reversed.
Rakot Hemlin
Rakot Hemlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:21 pm

Calliara offered him a wolvish grin as well. She greatly enjoyed those 'verbal fights' with the berseker. Irony was something that not everyone had. She was sure that Rakot would survive the Joining. She was almost sure that Ostef would survive as well. It was surprising to find that she was silently praying for their survival.

''Well, I am flattered, big guy. So it bothers you because I am an elf, or because I am a female elf, hmm? That I wonder''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Varen Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:23 pm

Varen silently watched everyone talk around her. The human's comment on the other elf made Varen ball her hand into a fist. If there was nothing she hated more, it was discrimination. She said nothing on the matter. The mage just watched the conversation go back and forth, curious to see what would happen.
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:26 pm

"Good day Ostef. Rakot." She smiled tiredly at the two men.

Nygozy listened as the others talked and looked to the youth who were being mentioned. She wondered about their arrival but said nothing to Calliara as of yet. She had not expected them to show up. After Calliara stopped talking and the Trouble Twins completed their joking around she went over to the youth who were not even eighteen, "There has been some confusion and I am sorry for that. Yes you are warden potentials but you need to go through training and be over eighteen to become a full fledged warden. That way you will be more skilled and ready for the position. If we allowed you to do the joining now then it would be much more dangerous for you. Do not think we do not want you because we do but we do not wish to toss you in to sink or swim. We want to teach you how to swim first."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rakot Hemlin Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:34 pm

"Aren't all elves female? I always thought that's the trait they shared with Orlesians."

Rakot's tone changed a bit, to something that one would consider friendly, if the person talking was someone other than Rakot.

"Also I'm a racist now by the way. Or so they will have you believe, heh. Some people just can't take a joke or a swing to the head without getting all self-righteous about it. They can't understand that I hate everyone equally, and the thought of squishing their puny heads with my bare hands is what keeps me going in absence of booze and whores. Also the reason for why I'm just so sodding cheerful all the time."
Rakot Hemlin
Rakot Hemlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:41 pm

"Aren't all elves female? I always thought that's the trait they shared with Orlesians."

Calliara laughed sincerely, and shook her head.

''No, they are not all females. Had it been that way, we'd been extinguished long ago. You know, females fucking females doesn't give children'' She answered bluntly, her wolvish smile still on, but her tone was the same friendly kind as his. Just trying to not show it too much

''And I understand what you mean. How couldn't I, when I almost killed you and our young friend over there and here we are, chatting. Isn't life curious? The only thing that I regret is that I don't have the strenghth to squish heads like you do. Also, how are you doing without whores? I hope you won't be molesting the mares...''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Takara Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:46 pm

Takara listened in silence as the warden spoke and then did the unexpected. She lifted her chin and took a step away from Khael. "P.. parden me commander, but I.. I'm twenty. And I.. I think living through twenty years of slavery is as good of training as a... any."

She looked at Khael out of the corner of her eye and saw that he was furious and was trying desperatly to control his rage.

"Those darkspawn bastards burnt my home." Khael began in a growl through clenched teeth, trying not to lose his temper. "Killed everyone I know. My mother, father, brothers, nieces, nephews, friends. All of it is gone. I escaped that to live in a black hell for two years. My sister is lost to me, my place is gone. The only thing I have left to me is killing as many darkpawn as I can. And you say I am too young?"

His voice was raising slighting in anger now. "I wasn't too young to fight to protect my home from the darkspawn. I wasn't too young to fight for my life for the last two years. The darkspawn care nothing for age. Let me have the tools I need to defend myself and my new family. Do not leave me defenceless against them again."
Takara
Takara

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:52 pm

"Hey! You know about the cow incident? Who told you? Ostef? Sinjan? I'll have their heads!"

Rakot raised his voice exponentially.

"I know I didn't tell anyone else, and it could be that she just mentioned bestiality by coincidence."

Rakot froze for a second, then continued, lowering his tone.

"Well then...I was drunk, really drunk, and I wasn't even successful. Did I mention I was drunk? Well...sodding stone, did I really have to yell it out? But eh....yeah, so this just happened. Now every time I think of the day I took the Joining, it'll bring up memories of the time then I let everyone know that I once attempted to mount a cow from the rear. Great....I currently need to be a lot more drunk than I am right now."
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:57 pm

''A... a cow?''

The Wolf looked at him with wide eyes (and looking strangely cute that way), and couldn't help but giggle. Just the mental image was too much, and she giggled again, daring to patt Rakot's enormous arm

''Well, to be honest I just said it by coincidence as Ostef said, but thanks for your honesty. I think the cow would have felt flattered... or something...'' She giggled again. ''Don't worry, Rakot, we all do strange things when drunk. Nygozy and I got REALLY drunk in Denerim and the last thing I remember we were naked in the garden's pond...''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Varen Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:58 pm

Varen's face was some sort of mixture between disgust and confusion. She turned away from the drunk conversation, only to be met with the argument between the commander and a man with a mark on his cheek. The elf stepped away from the heated words being thrown. She understood the man's point of view, but also the Warden's. Varen held her tongue and stood away from all of the mess. These people were a rather....interesting group.
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ostef Ziker Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:03 pm

"Oh no, do go on Calliara. Rakot will be in a trance for a few minutes. It happens then the moment's awkwardness makes his brain implode."

Rakot lowered his head and looked at the ground, muttering something incoherent under his breath. Ostef looked at the elf with a smile.

"So you and the Commander were naked in the pond and...."
Ostef Ziker
Ostef Ziker

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:07 pm

''... and Garoll fell of a tree just inside the pond'' Calliara laughed ''Completely drunk as well. He was trying to hook up with a cat or something, he was calling it 'baby' or something like that. Then he decided it was unfair that we were naked and he was still dressed, and then there were two dwarves and an elf, naked and drunk in a pond'' The Wolf finished, almost singing the last words while laughing, just as she did that night while drunk ''Until Kai found out where we were and got mad at us... We were SO, SO drunk''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Macha Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:10 pm

Macha cursed a little under her breath in the broken dwarvish she knew as she pulled a finer tunic over her head, adjusting it and then fixing her dagger belt over it. She was late for the Joining Ritual that Nygozy had planned, which did her no credit. She'd been distracted by training with Argos in the woods, and she hadn't realized that she was late until she'd noticed how low the sun was in the sky.

She pulled her hair into a low ponytail - it was all she really had the time or patience to do right now - and promptly strode out of her tent, a tired but alert Argos on her heels. In just a minute, she was coming up to the place where Nygozy had set aside space for the Joining. As she walked through the small group of potential Wardens - not many this time, she noted - she said a mental prayer for them to the Elven Pantheon and Andraste, and then smiled as she noticed Nygozy.

"I'm sorry I'm late," she apologized as soon as she stepped up to her dwarven friend, and smiled warmly at Calliara before looking back at Nygozy. "I could give you a million excuses, but none of them would be true." She looked back at the few people, and then turned back to Nygozy and Calliara. "Who's performing the Joining ritual tonight, hm? I'd heard Alistair talking about wanting to do it, but I'm not sure that's such a good idea." She grimaced a little at the idea of Alistair performing the Joining. He'd been the chief speaker at her own Joining, and she trusted the man to take the duty responsibly and solemnly, but he was King now, as much as he wished he wasn't, and Wardens were not the King's men. It wasn't his place anymore, and that thought made her unspeakably sad.
Macha
Macha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next