Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Beginning of Freedom. (Open.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Beginning of Freedom. (Open.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Beginning of Freedom. (Open.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Beginning of Freedom. (Open.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Beginning of Freedom. (Open.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Beginning of Freedom. (Open.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Beginning of Freedom. (Open.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Beginning of Freedom. (Open.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Beginning of Freedom. (Open.) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Beginning of Freedom. (Open.)

+3
Nygozy
Sinjan
Elenri
7 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Beginning of Freedom. (Open.) - Page 4 Empty Re: Beginning of Freedom. (Open.)

Post  Elenri Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:58 pm

Shade smiled to himself wondering how many people Pendra actually infuriated into attacking her however Shade had dealt with that kind before so he wasn't going to be taunted instead he soared around in the air watching her like a master hunter watches a juicy rabbit. He silently wished they were outside where he could use the sky and disappear amongst the clouds than attack. Shade looked around for some kind of advantaged and tilted shooting down aiming For Pendra once again.

His wings stayed closed as he got closer and at the last moment he shot the other way and corkscrewed in the air as he landed his body shifting into the Wolf again and in one bound he leaped at Pendra his large paws Extended aiming for her left side hoping to knock her over.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendra Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:29 am

The last trick was what could have made a big difference. Pendra turned and tried to keep him in her sight then swirled as he landed, throwing a bottle at his chest but even if it didn't hit his chest it would fall to the ground in front of him. Either way it would break, spewing out a fast acting vapour that would envelop whatever was there before it could even move and take away magical powers just like a Templar spell.

She rolled away in case it didn't work but was quite sure it would.
Pendra
Pendra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:25 am

Shade shifted back to himself but continued running staff in hand having dealt with those who negated magic before, he closed in on the dwarf with three easy strides do to his superior size and the length of his legs as he struck out with his staff twirling it as he struck. The staff whirled for her head only to shift at the last moment and go for her leg while he stepped in close range. The blow if struck would damage the nerves to the leg and he would step back and strike out in a Swinging arc aiming for the lower side of the skull where armor was weaker and hoped the power was enough to knock her down.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendra Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:00 pm

The lad was good but still needed some training in exactness and footwork. He was fast, sneaky and talented which did bode well for if he did go through the joining. Pendra was crafty though, noticing that he tended to fake a lot and decided to try something much different.

She moved to the side a bit then when he attacked she grabbed for the center of the staff as that would stay basically in the same position whether he attacked high or low. If she caught the staff she would fall back and throw him over behind her with all her weight and the use of a foot. If she didn't catch it she would go for his arm to swing him around.
Pendra
Pendra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:05 pm

Shade lost his staff as he was flipped into the air and twisted his body coming down on his feet but slid backwards trying to regain his balance. His hands sparked as he threw them forward sending out a web of lightning in a full spray the bolts hitting a good five feet to both sides and four feet above Pendras head with her right in the middle of the lightnings path. He had planned to get close to her because at the distance the odds of him missing or her dodging were very slim.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendra Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:25 pm

Shade was on the move quickly and Pendra saw that he was going to attack with a spell. She held the staff and grabbed a round shield from the ground where her trainees had set it with other items scattered about and got it in front of her just in time. It covered her top half but not the bottom and she snarled from the pain but did not cry out. Once the lightning was through she looked over the shield with an amused smile on her face.

It looked like she was trying to get fully up then she threw the shield like a frisbee at Shade's legs and rushed him with his own staff. If the shield didn't knock him down she'd try to hit him in the shoulder to do so.
Pendra
Pendra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Shade leaped over the shield activating his barrier spell and landed just as the staff smacked his shield and bounced off. Shade took the opportunity to sweep out his right leg with all his strength aiming for Pendras legs since the shield was gone and the staff had deflected the speed of his attack working with the fact that she was slower worked in his favor as he aimed to knock her off her feet. he went up for the back of her legs instead of her ankles knowing it be harder for her to jump over his sudden attack. Shade hoped this would work since he was on the very threshes of his Magic the barrier only lasting until his magic energy ran out.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendra Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:29 pm

The mage seemed to think that she wasn't as fast as he was as he kicked out with his right leg to trip her. That seemed rather cute that he would assume that because she was smaller that she would be slower. Her mocking smile never wavered as the staff came down in front of the leg he was trying to kick and as his foot got closer she lifted it to strike at his leg to throw him off balance then she would use all the force of running into him, shoulder's down like a line backer so she could land on top of his body, just below his chest and grab for his arms to hold him down.
Pendra
Pendra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Shade was hit and tripped up as he hit the ground he laid his head back and laughed thinking how he dwarf was more experienced and skill than some of the Templar captains he had faced. He sat up chuckling then stood up bowing at the waist. "That was a good fight I hope I impressed and if not will have to fight again some time." Shade picked up his staff and set it back into it's leather bind.
He walked over pulling a Mana potion and drank it down feeling his power restore through his veins than sat down.

Shade looked over at Tatsoo and smiled before looking at Pendra. "So you assessed my skills what do I do now?". Shade waited for the answer. he didn't mind that he lost in fact he had learn a few tricks during the fight.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendra Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:03 pm

The dwarven woman got off Shade so he could sit then stand and rolled her shoulders then went and sat down beside Tatsoo to rub her legs because of the shock treatment the mage had used on her. She stretched her legs then her arms and looked at him as he spoke.

"You have much more talent than many I have seen let alone those your age. Fast thinking, quick retaliation and good concepts of where and how to attack. I am impressed." Pendra said calmly, "However, there are many things which you can build upon and learn for combat skills which will increase your abilities. We all can learn new things from each other and I sincerely hope you will be pleased to learn from me."

She took a flask from her bag at her side and drank the water within, "I know of some tricks you can use in your alternate forms and I think more literal hand to hand, not jaw to hand," She chuckled, "Would increase your abilities for the times you cannot use the spells."

Tatsoo had been amazed all through the fight but was still rubbing her ears from the screech. She listened to the two and was proud of her new friend for doing so well. Pendra had trained many warriors, even dwarven soldiers when she had been in Orzammar so she was quite impressed that he could stand his own with the woman and almost win as well.

She smiled back at him and waited for Pendra to finish then waited to see what Shade would say.
Pendra
Pendra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:29 pm

Shade smiled and walked over sitting down. "I have no problem learning new things in fact the more you teach the better I will be for it so whenever we got time I will see you in the training circle." Shade looked over at Tatsoo and winked before he turned back to Pendra sitting back as he drank another potion. "Pendra I have to say your quite talented a natural born fighter I'm surprised you weren't the one to slay the Arch Demon. Nygozy must be a lo stronger and more skilled than she appears."
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendra Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:57 pm

"That is an easy answer. I am not a warden. After I was saved from this group of terrorists I was asked if I would like to join and I agreed to it but I still have to go through the joining. Nygozy, from what I have learned, was recruited by the wardens a couple years ago and was one of the only survivors, including King Theirin, from the Ostagar fiasco. And yes, the little one is tougher than I am as well as a born natural. I have seen her work and have done training bouts with her. She is faster, craftier and meaner when she wants to be. I have never seen anyone more directed in their fighting or more confusing. You never know what she's up to."

Pendra stretched again then noticed some more students showing up for the next class, "That's it for now, younglings. I will catch you next time for training, Tatsoo. Maybe then you two can face off. Have fun."

With that the woman was up and yelling commands at the next group of students.

Tatsoo stood and smiled at Shade, "Maybe some food be a good idea, yes?"
Pendra
Pendra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:10 pm

Shade looked up and smiled. "Actually ya I am hungry after that fight, potions help but there is nothing like dinner. Besides we can call it our first date." Shade smiled jokingly up at her before he stood up and waved his arm to her. "After you. If I lead will get lost I guess that's why i got the prettiest guide in the whole Wardens." Shade stood there realizing he had just taken a leap bu he mentally shrugged for risks have always been his way.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:45 am

It was a good plan to go have something to eat. Tatsoo had neglected eating that day and was ravenous because of it. She walked out to the stairs and then seemed to be confused, "Date?" That was a curious word, "What be a date? Ahv heard dat word but it be a food, dried fruit ah think."

When he called her the prettiest guide she looked at him, seemed to sniff the air then smiled, "Ah doan know what ta say." She touched his arm while looking directly into his eyes, "Ya mean dat, don' ya? Ahm ... fladdered." Her honey eyes dipped shyly but she was enjoying this.

Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:18 am

Shade smiled thinking just how cute Tatsoo was even the things she didn't understand only made her cuter. His own hand covered hers as she placed it on his arm and he lifted her chin to look into her Honey eyes. "I do mean that and I owe Nygozy more for bringing me here because if she didn't I would never have met you so I owe that Dwarf alot." He moved her hand into his where he was holding it and chuckled. "A date is a dried fruit but it is also a word for when two people go out together as possibly more than friends.".

Shade looked at Tatsoo hoping he didn't offend her since her tribe may have customs bu Shade had barley talked to a girl in his life except for his mother and sister so this was a brand new field to the young elf. He tried to stand there looking Handsome and charming sadly his stomach growled and he blushed to his ear tips.

Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:33 am

Her nose wiggled like a bunny's and she smiled as he explained himself further. She felt honoured by his words and appreciated his ability to speak outright about what he wanted as she could see he was not playing games like other people would. There were too many who had tried to trick her but Shade was not that kind. She could see it in him and that made her all the more pleased for it.

"Ah be owin Nygozy as well den as ah like dat very much. Let's be getting that food for de date an eat it in a quiet spot. Ah bet yer da type ta like eatin outside in de sun. We ken get a good picnic includin de meats however ye like it an great salads. Ahv neva had such salads before here."
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:40 am

Shade chuckled walking next to her as they headed for the kitchen. "A picnic I haven't ever had one of those and yes I love eating outside where the wind blows and the sun shines I really enjoy rainy days and I fly in great storms feeling the surge of wind under my wings the vibration of thunder the deadliness of Lightning striking around me. But I talk to much as for meats I have to pass I'm a vegetarian except when i eat in Wolf and Dragon forms which I have had to do a few times they however like meat raw.".

Shade felt hope blossom in his chest as he realized something could happen between the two of them he liked Tatsoo's wit and charm and was happy that she was herself and never tried to be someone else. He respected her for who she was and even more for how she dealt with the bad things in life. His hand squeezed hers gently as he tried to convey his feelings through there touch.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:09 pm

"Ah picnic be what hoomans call eating outside wif a basket an blanket. Dey say it be speshal but ahm na really sure why as it is sommat done a lot wif ma tribe an it was normal fer us." She shrugged, continuing to hold his hand and smiling as they got close to the kitchens, "But it is nice in dis weather. Dere be some who eat only veg-tables here but ma tribe did na often as de south be lotsa snow so hard to grow stuff fer long. Ah eat meats a lot an sometimes raw, or part raw. Ah ken cook but ah don cook meat all much assept in buns."
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Shade chuckled looking at her. "Eating only fruit and vegetables is a personal choice and I won't force it on anyone else so if you want meat please get meat and I'm sure the cooks wouldn't mind cooking you up some and I'm sure they will have plenty of fruits and vegetables for me. As for a picnic I never really understood the nature of it either but it's outside and that's all that matters." Shade walked in silence for a moment than looked over at her. "What is Snow like? I mean I heard it was cold but that's all i have never seen Snow. I seen ice I have even used it as a spell but never snow."

Shade walked through the doors to the kitchens and saw the people eating and whistled. "Wow the Gray Wardens really have grown since the last blight I'm glad we have so many people between the Darkspawn and Elves. I guess others would see them as defenders of the whole races but it's Elves for me and I guess some Dwarves are ok."
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:48 pm

"That be good cause ah don know if ah could eat only veg an fruit. It be difficult as ah crave de meat." She found a serving wench and smiled at her, "Ah like ta have salads, fruit an veg an steak, tatoes an deserts. Tank ye, Adre" She knew this serving girl and that she would come back with a basket of foods for her as it was how Tatsoo normally ate.

"Yes ser. I will tell them that it is for you." The young elven woman ran off to get her food.

Tatsoo went to sit at a bench to wait, "De elves in de palace be paid a regalar wage lak de hoomans. De hoomans did na like when de king forced dat." She smiled at Shade, "Anyway, de snow. It be ... fluffy. Wet an cold but fun. It be kinda like fluffy wada. Dere are difrent kinds a snow. Ma tribe had many words just fer da kind of snow dere was." She laughed, "An here dere be one. Ah no two cause dere be snow an snowflake."

Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:59 pm

Shade smiled and leaned against the table his eyes drifting closed as he listened to the noises around him his fingers tapping against the wood feeling the hard surface than reopened his eyes looking at Tatsoo and smiled realizing she was a beautiful sight to look at when his eyes opened. "I'm glad the King has done that but he should be pushing for the freedom of Elves ha all he has to do is decree there freedom he is the king after all no one can argue with him. He may make enemies but he will gain a entire race of allies including powerful warriors and mages.".

Shade smiled as the woman brought there stuff in a basket and a thin blanket so he picked them up and turned his head looking longingly out the window where the sun shone. "Come on let's go outside I don't care much for stone walls." He waited until she stood than walked out the door and through the woods before spotting a thick Oak and smiled sitting at the base of it and unpacked cooked meat, Apples, Strawberries, blueberries, carrots, and a large bottle of Mead with two glasses. "Well it's a good thing your friends with the cook they gave us quite a meal here."
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:17 am

When his eyes opened she watched them with interest. The colour was bright and sensitive even when he was upset about the plight of the elves. She smiled back at him, "Ah heard he was bu somethin got inna way. Ya hear lots when ya hang around de workers. Dey talks a lot an some overhear a lot. That be likely why de workers not be in de meetings de headsa stuff are in."

Tatsoo was on her feet and ready to go moments after Shade spoke as she was just as eager to get outside. Wooden buildings she could handle but stone was never her favorite. When they got outside and he found a wonderful spot she sat in the shade and watched as he took the food out, "Dat is a lot taday. Deyr very nice. Ah think dey saw we are on a date an was bein helpful." She popped a strawberry into her mouth and reveled in the taste, her eyes closing as she sighed contentedly, "Berries are so good."
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:13 pm

Shade smiled and watched her and realized just how much her company alone meant to him which only made him smile more since he had never been close to anyone. "So you say the King found something more important to do then freeing a entire race which has been enslaved, abused, murdered, assaulted, and taking advantage of for countless Years? What kind of King allows Slavery?". Shade took a deep breath trying to relax for he didn't want to upset Tatsoo. His hand reached out plucking a blueberry and popped it into his mouth savoring the sweet juice hat erupted from the smooth skinned berry.

Shade laid back against the tree relaxing as the warm rays of the sun penetrated the leaves causing them to light up and seem to glow with life. "I love Nature it just keeps amazing me that even without any of us here it would still live and flourish, In a way it's like it has no need for us what so ever. If every sentient being died tomorrow the world would still survive." Shade looked over at Tatsoo and chuckled. "I just find that to be amazing hat a whole world could survive on it's own.".
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:41 pm

"Nah. From what ah heard he was forced off it an steered away." She said as she took a couple blueberries, "Ah hear he will be goin wif us ta Vigil's Keep. He is a warden. Mebe ye ken ask him den."

Tatsoo lay back upon the ground with her back against the tree beside him and popped a couple berries into her mouth while listening to him talk. He had a nice voice which helped her relax, watching the leaves shimmer in the breeze, "Da world was alive long afore people ever arrived on the soil to do as we pleased. The plants be our breath, shelta, food, warmth ... it is ova-welmin ta think a what it be all of. Ah find de land magical on it's own and de fact it be here without us makes it more a da special ting ta me as well."

She looked over at him and smiled, "Yer a romantic at heart."

Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:37 am

Shade laughed looking over at her. "Well to be honest being a Romantic is alot better than being a killer. I would have just enjoyed being a normal elf wandering the world forever never coming into contact with cities or other beings just living in the great forests and wilds. But if that had been my path I never would have met you Tatsoo and though I wouldn't know who you were I think I would have been eaten away by my desire to actually meet you." Shade looked into her honey gold eyes and reached out gliding his fingers over her cheek before sitting back against the tree.

His eyes looked up as the great clouds began to move in filled with Gray and Black and felt his bones vibrate as thunder shook the air and lightning seemed to sweep through i like a giant snake of the sky. "I love storms especially flying in them nothing in the world can compete with it. Not fighting Darkspawn or leaping off the ramparts of a wall to land on a ogre, Or even blowing up a chantry. Nothing is as beautiful and deadly as Nature itself. I wish I had the power to take you up there. I may be able to do it as a dragon but I'm not sure I have never tried before.".

Shade looked over with a sly smile as he nodded towards the storm. "Want to see if I can carry you through the greatest thrill in the world? If you do I will try but I make no promises that I can lift you. However I have lifted a fully grown armored man before and was able to carry him for some time so we can try."
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum