Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Beginning of Freedom. (Open.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Beginning of Freedom. (Open.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Beginning of Freedom. (Open.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Beginning of Freedom. (Open.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Beginning of Freedom. (Open.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Beginning of Freedom. (Open.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Beginning of Freedom. (Open.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Beginning of Freedom. (Open.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Beginning of Freedom. (Open.) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Beginning of Freedom. (Open.)

+3
Nygozy
Sinjan
Elenri
7 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Beginning of Freedom. (Open.) - Page 2 Empty Re: Beginning of Freedom. (Open.)

Post  Kai Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Silent as a shadow the blond elven assassin appeared at Nygozy's side. He liked what the kid wanted, but not the way he was going about it. He too wanted freedom for his people, but assassin or not he didn't want to see so many innocent people die in the crossfire.

He didn't want to take his eye of the seemingly insane mage but his little hero's lips were just so inviting now that he was so close to her. He put a hand on her shoulder and gave her a quick but passionate kiss on the lips before looking up again at the mage.

"The hero will do everything in her power to help our people when the time is right. She knows as much, if not more about the elven people than most elves do. She has already done much for our people. The wardens and their group are half elves, if not more than that now. The wardens doing good work will greatly help our people. Slaughtering hundreds of innocents will not. Please trust her as I do not want to have to gut you like a fish."

Having said his piece Kai gave Nygozy a quick kiss on the top of the head, squeezed her shoulder once more more and dissapeared back into the shadows.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:35 pm

Tortured looked at the meat then looked up at Shade with an expression that asked how stupid he thought he was. How did he think that he'd eat something from him without knowing much about the guy? He snorted but did not eat the meat just to make sure it wasn't poisoned somehow.

Nygozy kissed Kai back and turned to look at Shade while he spoke with the mage and shrugged. She touched Kai's cheek as he kissed her head and watched as he swiftly disappeared then turned back to Shade with a smile, "Yes, I will. As Kai has said, it is one of the things I deal with."

With that she turned and started walking away, noticing Sinjan chuckling where he continued to stand.

"Coming?" She questioned Shade, "You back to the palace and get another room made up. We have company, I believe."

Sinjan nodded and took off at a walk.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:56 pm

Shade looked at the assassin and chuckled staring him over. "You could try but if you do I might roast you like a piece of meat." Shade turned around looking at Torture and shrugged picking the meat up and setting it back into his bag and walked past the Mabari. "Fine I will just give it to some passing wolf they tend to like it." Shade turned around looking back at the Chantry and growled before following the dwarf.

He sighed as he thought of more stone walls and stayed a few paces back. "Is there somewhere not in the castle I could stay maybe some barracks or the Dog dens? I have a thing about stone walls they bring me nightmares." He continued to follow the Warden Commander not even bothering to question her about the Assassin either they would get along or he would kill him simple as that.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:24 pm

A threatening growl issued from the shadows around them. "I'd like to see you try, boyo." Kai couldn't believe how headstrong and cocky this young elf was. Roast me like a piece of meat, I'd like to see you find me first was Kai's silent thought.

He was glad the elf didn't want to sleep in the castle. He wasn't sure he would sleep tonight if the elf was anywhere near Nygozy.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:41 pm

Torture bounded ahead of them, ignoring Shade's comment that he would give the meat to a wolf and rushed after Sinjan. A moment later a scream and falling sound could be heard then the barking of a happy dog off in the direction they both had gone.

Nygozy chuckled knowing that the mabari was teasing Sinjan then gave Shade a look as Kai spoke to him. She smirked for a moment as she knew that Kai was right. Finding him was difficult even for her and she was a master at hiding as well.

"There are barracks outside. It won't be long until we are on the move. I'm sure you will prefer that. How much have you been in the wilds?" She continued to walk but took a different route from Sinjan's and started looking at items in the market, "Hmm. Too gaudy."

The dwarf turned away from the stalls to see a human pulling a young elf around. She rolled her eyes then went over to the human and poked him in the back.

"Get away from my merchandi... who the hell do you think you are? I was given sanction from the ..."

"Slaver?"

"Yeh what of it?"

Before he could say another word Nygozy stepped between the child and the slaver so he could not see as she had her sword in hand and cut upwards, slitting the man's throat. She wiped her knife off on his coat and let him fall, "Guard!" She called and pointed at the body, "This one was a slaver. Find out from where."

As the guard came over she grabbed an apple from a vendor and handed it to the little boy, making sure she was between him and the corpse. She tossed a coin to the proprieter then picked the child up and started walking, "I bet you want to go home to your mom and pa, yes?"

"Uh huh." He said then bit the apple. He was about four years old.

"Let's go then." She started off towards the alienage.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:55 am

Shade chuckled his ears twitching. "Careful Assassin your voice gives you away after all we don't need the resonance just the source." Shade looked at the elven boy as he was freed and sighed shaking his head walking forward. "Did you hear him? He had permission this is what I mean. Let's have elves enslave human children I bet the whole city be up in a riot in minutes ha filthy scum dogs.".

Shade walked next to the boy and looked around spotting three men with long daggers following them and sighed stopping. "Well Warden looks like someone isn't pleased we freed the elf child do you want to handle this or should I? I will admit I would love this chance to stretch." Shade turned as the men stopped and looked at them pointing to the elf child. "That there is our property and while your at it the older Elf can accompany us as well I'm sure a week in the mines would break his spirit enough." Shade turned his head looking at Nygozy and smiled.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:14 pm

As the three men with long menacing daggers began to approach they looked towards their dead friend, and spotted the guards still looking over the body, and waiting for a removal team to come and take the body away.

The guards looked up and spotted the men approaching the Commander, the young elf, and the elven boy.

Four of them, jumped up, swords drawn, but were a split second too late as the three men dashed off, jumping over crates and barrels , quickly losing the armoured guards in the crowd.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:36 pm

Nygozy sighed as the men ran, made a hawk call then looked back at Shade, "Don't worry about it. It is being dealt with as we speak. Right little guy?"

A moment later they heard a call from a hawk and she grinned as she continued to walk, "It's really quite boring when they try that bronto pucky." She ruffled the boy's hair and smiled at him, "You see, the problem is that a certain Arl Rendon Howe had given many slavers, including Tevinters, the right to take and sell elves and also human children from the lower classes. Even after my people and I got rid of the Tevinter slavers and a few others there are still splinter groups who didn't get the memo to stop and desist. We just found one of these groups who are using young men and children in fighting rings. This one is probably connected."

She walked into the Alienage without any concern and was greeted by some elves and others ran to get the elder, "Abelas (i am sorry), this child was taken by slavers. They are gone now but I need to find his parents."

"Andaran atish’an (greeting), you are always welcome hero. Thank you for your kindness. We know Darsen and will bring him to his parents. His mother is worried sick. Will you stay for some tea?"

Nygozy looked back at Shade, "Did you wish for tea or are you in a hurry?"
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:12 pm

Shade smirked as he walked next to the Warden. "Must be nice to be the Commander of the Gray Wardens I been on my own since I could remember and never had anyone to watch my back it's probably why I'm jumpy around your friends. Not use to those." Shade laid a hand on the kids shoulder and whispered something then stood up and shrugged. "I think it be better if we didn't linger the Templar's know what I look like now and there probably just waiting for a excuse. I think the less we deal with the Alienage here the better for them."

Shade looked at the elves feeling his heart break as he saw the conditions they had to live in while seeing the large houses Humans walked around in and sighed. "They don't even treat there animals like this." Shade turned walking out of the Alienage and leaned against a wall staring at the Chantry from where he stood. He sighed sliding down placing his head between his knees and laughed to himself.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:49 pm

"Shade is correct. We should be leaving." She gave the child a kiss on the forehead and let him down to the ground, "Now you make sure to stay near Mommy at all times, Darsen." She stood and nodded to the woman then walked out of the Alienage and sat down beside Shade, her legs at her chest as she crossed her arms over her knees.

"Being the commander came through necessity more than anything. When I was your age I was just escaping my people and joining the wardens. Before that I was little more than a nug, no less than a nug to them." Nygozy shook her head, "My 'services' had been sold by my mother for booze since I was less than five years old. I had no true friends, only a co-worker in my teens who would have used me as well if I had not been stronger than they thought I was. I am castless my friend which to a dwarf is like an elf is to humans. Useable and disposable."

She put her chin upon her hands, "This world is full of things like that and I wish to try to make it at least a little better for everyone. Or at least try to. You gain friends in time. I'd like to be one of them."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:02 pm

Shade laid his head back staring at the sky and chuckled. "I don't really have a deep back story. I was born in a Alienage far from here a place I will keep o myself. My parents were both born in the same Alienage and raised there. My father was a lowly Merchant and my mother a servant at a estate I had a brother and a sister then one day my mom got sick well the people she worked for knew a Apostate and asked him to come heal her. He agreed and when he arrived I don't know he felt something in me and after healing our mother told them I was a mage who just hadn't fully come into his power but my parents didn't want to send me away. A week later Templar's appeared and beat my father until he told them everything then my mother for the mages name, We didn't know he never gave it to us when they decided we were telling the truth they used my sister and cut her throat. My brother was a year older than us he attacked the Templar's and they cut him down like he was nothing but a animal and laughed.".

Shade looked over at the elves and sighed leaning back against the wall. "After that I went to the circle it was fine for a couple of years than the Templar's started attacking mages mostly elves and using them, When Carol was....used a day after her harrowing she said she was going to report them so the captain had her made Tranquil. Carol was my friend so I killed my first Templar that night....Actually I killed twelve that night and seven when I escaped. Since then I been on my own just trying to get every Templar I can and hoping the more I kill the less they can bring to the war when Mages and Templar's go after each other."

Shade stood up nodding his head. "The rest will have to wait and I said enough so let's go.".
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:30 pm

Shade's life was nowhere near unusual for an Alienage elf. It was much too common for her to accept but she had to put up with it because she was unable to do much at this time. It hurt to hear it and know that more people were abused and taken advantage of. She'd dealt with Templars who were much like those Shade had taken down but she also knew good ones.

As he stood she did so with him and stretched, "You will be happy to know that a lot of the really bad Templars in the Tower were destroyed by blood mages and demons a couple years ago. They still have other bad ones but there's nothing to do with that yet."

Nygozy walked along and looked to the sky as she went, "Almost half of my people are elven or half elves. We have some Templars as well but they left the order due to the bad treatment of elves and mages. I know you hate humans and Templars but remember, my people are not those who hurt elves or mages. I do not allow that sort of treatment from anyone."

She looked at him, "There is one Templar though. If he bugs you then you are allowed to slap him around. Don't kill him, though. I think he is a spy and I prefer the ones I know over the ones I do not. You will know him by the scowl he will give you for being a mage and elven."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:41 pm

Shade walked next to Nygozy his footsteps thudding against the hard ground. "So what are your plans with me Nygozy it seems like you expect me to stay with you and your little group. Not like I have much else to do but it seems like it's expected or did you plan to meet me today and inform me of this plan?" Shade looked at her waiting for a answer as he walked and tried to figure the Commander out and what she was actually planning. he learned quick she was good at evading questions.

Shade laughed placing his hands behind him. "I will try my best but of he reaches for his sword i will kill him but I agree that it's best to know who wields the knife much more than it isn't." Shade sighed wondering where his life would take him now for years he had done nothing but prepare for the war between Templar and mages and to weaken there Mortal Foes. It seemed he decided it was best to learn of there plans than use them to kill them all.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:23 pm

"My plans are actually quite simple." Nygozy stated as she went in a side gate to the palace and waved down the guards, "He's with me." She said then went towards the gardens, avoiding the discussion about the grumpy Templar in her group.

It took a bit of time going around the building and climbing through the wooded area. The woman enjoyed doing this as it let her almost be like a child and at one point she hung upside down by her legs on a branch then swung herself into the tree. Suddenly she stopped and stretched out on the branch.

"This is as good a spot as any. Basically, one of my head people found out from a seer, or fortune teller if you will, that you would be coming here and I needed to meet you to get you on your path. All I really know is that in the next couple of days I will find out where this will lead."

She jumped down to the ground, "So I used the warden's rights to get you for us but I don't intend on having you do the joining. That's likely to get me into trouble once the heads of the order find out but I've been informed that it will be worth it for myself and the elves if I can keep you safe until then."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:23 pm

Shade leaned against a tree running a hand down the trunk and whispered something in a foreign tongue than turned to the warden and nodded. "This wouldn't have anything to do with me able to turn into a dragon would it? I mean it is useful but I doubt that will be something to involve the Gray Wardens. But if you didn't know than there must be something else and I am curious to what path you are going to set me on and more if I have the skill to succeed yet." Shade watched her and laughed as he reached up and with ease lifted his own body with one arm to the top of a branch and sat down.

He looked around his eyes in wonder as he stroked the trees branch. "There's something about trees that makes my blood run smooth as if a ancient part of me misses them and longs to be in there realm once again. Did you know before Humans came there were no cities just miles and miles of trees. thick trees some as large as buildings and thick around as five horses. My mother told me of such one Ali Balistor also known as the Tree of The heart. She said that the first elves were sung right out of the tree and whenever the elves would meet they would sing to the Heart and more would be born. It's a old legend but a interesting one.Shade looked at the Warden and turned his head and chuckled.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:58 pm

"To be honest I would like to see that. I always love seeing mages turn into dragons and you turn into a baby dragon. That will be interesting." Nygozy put her cheek against a tree trunk and breathed in, "No your turning into a dragon has nothing to do with the wardens. It could be used by us but I refuse to put you through that. I wish I knew the path you will take but I did not get specifics. Damn cryptic seers."

She looked up to watch him touching the tree and smiled as he spoke, "That had been told to me and I have met living trees who told me the same as well. I would have loved to have seen that as I too find the trees to have restful properties. Strange coming from one who never saw trees until only some few years ago."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:18 pm

Shade looked down at Nygozy. "You mean there are others who can turn into dragons as well? i would love to meet them. I learned it froma odd teacher a very old woman with yellow eyes she came to me one day in the circle and told me to do it I thought she was crazy but she just laughed insulted me and told me to try and I did and poof baby dragon." Shade leaned back smiling as he thought of meeting other mages who can turn into dragons which gave him a odd feeling of being less alone than he once thought. "So you have no idea where I go from here and neither do i, I can't join the Wardens without pissing someone off and even if I did I don't know how that would help my people. If it gave me advantages than yes I would join the Wardens but I have to find a way to free my race."

Shade laid his brow against the tree and jumped out of it landing with practice ease and stared at the Warden. "So what now Nygozy what do I do now if slaying Templar's and burning Chantries won't help my people? I don't know how to continue now."
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:54 pm

"An old woman? I'm getting the funny feeling I know who you mean and if it is then she is no longer around. If she is then that could mean trouble though." Nygozy patted the tree branch, "That was one person I knew could change into a dragon. Pretty freaking tough, that was Flemeth alright. Yet I do know another. That person will help you learn to control that form if you prove to him that he can trust you."

She leaned back, playing with the bark of the tree with a finger, "I can make you a warden if you really wanted to be one. That is not a problem at all. My demand for you as such has already upset some but it won't be worse if you took the joining. It will be worse if you don't but either way, I can handle all that. There are ways to have you help your people be free if you are or if you are not a warden."

The confusion in his voice saddened her and she was not hiding her emotions today. This was no diplomatic mission, it was a true life discussion and a difficult one at that since it meant a complete change to this mage's life, "We find a way for you to help your people without killing and hurting innocents and we have you trained in your abilities more than what the Circle could, or would teach you."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:07 pm

Shade stared at the tree tracing his fingers with it and nodded and shook his head as if he was arguing with himself than gave in and looked up at Nygozy. "I think becoming a Gray Warden will be the best way for me to help my people don't ask me how but I think it is the path destined for me if Not than I chose wrong and I will be to blame for my actions. I may leave the Wardens but I will hold no grudges so Nygozy if you allow me to take the Joining I wish to join the Gray Wardens and learn."

Shade laughed as it registered in his head and nodded. "Yes Flemmeth that was her name it was odd I only saw her that day in the Circle and it was if no one else could she was powerful and quite rude but she was like no human I ever met. She called herself Flemmeth and me a fool for talking too much and not doing what I was told. The next day I asked about her and all I got were blank stares I actually thought I dreamed it except for the fact I could turn into a dragon. As for this other Mage I must meet him for if he can show me how to use this power for my people I will be better off.".

Shade looked up at Nygozy and waited his hands in his pockets as his staff leaned against the tree, His eyes were once again full of hope and fire for he had found a path and even if it was a wrong path it was still a way for him to go and learn.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:34 pm

"If that is what you would like to do then with the next joining you will be included. I must warn you though, it is dangerous and there is the possibility of death. What you will experience after the fact will not be nice at times either." She warned, making sure he knew there would be steep consequences if he chose that path.

Nygozy grinned, "She gets everywhere. Well, I guess you never heard the tales of her. One of the bards can tell you everything." She started to walk, wanting to get to the gardens, "He probably can teach you, even though he may not be what you would expect. Ah here we are. I have to go do paperwork." Her nose wrinkled in distaste, "But Jezarine will be able to get you set up and help you out. Jez? This is Shade. He needs to have a room in the barracks, a single room with no one else in it. Please arrange this. He is a mage and wishes to be a warden."

A pretty dark elf looked up from some plants and smiled, her dark eyes sparkling.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:38 pm

"Oh hi!" Jezarine stood and wiped some dirt from her pants, "I'm Jezarine, the healer. So your name is Shade? Interesting name. Are you the one Nyggy was worried about? She was sure concerned that you weren't killed."
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:44 pm

Shade chuckled following her. "I have about as much of a chance as I do charging a army of Templar's and the aftereffects I heard the stories of feeling Darkspawn and Nightmares of the Arch demon. Trust me mages of the circle gossip like old women around a fire at mid winter." Shade entered the garden and smiled lightly he liked the outdoors and beauty of it. He leaned down plucking a flower and pressed it against his nose breathing deep as he felt the pulsing energy inside the flower.

Shade looked up and stared at the pretty elf and nodded bowing regally at the waist before he stood back up and looked at the landscape feeling slightly uncomfortable around the elf woman not having been around many in his life and just smiled. "Yes I'm Shade it's nice to meet you Miss. I'm glad she showed up when she did.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:19 pm

"I will see you both later." Nygozy said as she turned to leave, "Thank you for listening to me, Shade, and deciding to take another route."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:24 pm

Shade looked over at Nygozy and smiled. "I thank you for showing me another route for I fear had I been allowed to continue I may have brought more harm than good and for that I thank you and for the kindness you shown me. I wish you luck in your paperwork for that is one endeavor I will always avoid." Shade turned back to Jezerine and nodded. "After you please."
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:30 pm

Nygozy chuckled, "Well then, I will remember not to kidnap you to help with paperwork. See you later." Then Nygozy left with hardly a sound and seeming to disappear as she did so.

There were voices in the garden making Tatsoo sit up from where she lay to look over at Jezarine, Nygozy and some young elven man. She listened to what they were saying then got up and walked over to stand beside Jezarine and smiled at Shade, "Jezarine, y'want that ah take Shade to his room? Ah know yer busy with the plants an all and Ianto may na like to leave you alone wif anyone else."

She put out a hand, "The name's Tatsoo. Ah'm a new warden an from south a here, past the Kokari Wilds."

Jezarine looked between the two as Nygozy had already left, "Are you ok with that, Shade?"
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum