Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
DRAGON AGE 2 SECTION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
DRAGON AGE 2 SECTION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
DRAGON AGE 2 SECTION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
DRAGON AGE 2 SECTION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
DRAGON AGE 2 SECTION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
DRAGON AGE 2 SECTION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
DRAGON AGE 2 SECTION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
DRAGON AGE 2 SECTION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
DRAGON AGE 2 SECTION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

DRAGON AGE 2 SECTION

+9
Serethiel
Devin
Caterina
Final Warrior
Calliara
Ianto
Dragonis
Kraven Shadow
Nygozy
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

DRAGON AGE 2 SECTION - Page 2 Empty Re: DRAGON AGE 2 SECTION

Post  UncleVanya Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:28 pm

Thats why they got dragon age wiki, you can look up just about anything DA related.
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Serethiel Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:53 pm

I'm chomping on the bit for the DA2 RP, but I think it's also important to be patient :3

There's also a lot that you can't really get the feel of just from the wiki. If someone's not going to play the game, then a separate thread for DA2 would allow people to opt out of the DA2 RP.
Serethiel
Serethiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:27 pm

Ok just saying for a DA2 we could add the city of Kirkwall and the areas. Courtyard, Gallows etc. As for those who haven't decided to play the game...Play it trust me it's worth it. Makes DA1 look like kindergartners made it a lot better system way better story line and awesome choice and graphics.

Now for those who haven't played it the story changes a lot based on choices Hawke makes Like you decide to side with the blah instead of the Blah the story changes to a different ending or if you chose not to help Anders with justice then the story changes again so you don't really have to worry about Spoilers.

Now Bringing in a hawke would kinda undermine a lot of characters I mean he was the Champion and therefore pretty dang powerful anyone who has him and faces someone they basically have to lose because the Champion doesn't lose. Now adding places like kirkwall to the Site would be a good time since it opens more areas to Rp plus more exciting missions and Quests we can do. Oh Add the Hanged Man i'm with Varric i want to take that over.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:13 pm

Eh, would just like to point out that no matter the choices you make, the ultimate results of the storyline remain the same. And those results are awesome, and give us a lot of material to push our RPs off of.
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Canus Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:25 pm

I'm against a post-DA2 RP. A lot happens in ten years, and who knows what effect Nygozy and the others might have on the continent of Thedas. After all, on this forum, we've pretty much made our own canon with the characters and events that are occuring.

There would be a lot of plotholes to fill. That, plus the fact that there would be spoilers as well. There are people who can't afford DA2, or don't want it. IMO, we would better with RPing out our own version of the game's events if we were to do a DA2-based RP.

Hopefully that made sense. ^^;
Canus
Canus

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:33 pm

I agree Canus we don't need Hawke's story just like we don't need the hero's story here. We do a different Dimension line like if the Champion never came then others stepped forward. Be better since only things that would be revealed or places and that's not a big thing at all.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:50 pm

The ending of DA2 gives us ample ground for doing whatever the hell we want, with the added bonus of a very interesting backdrop. Why would we want to pass that up, instead opting for rephrasing DA2 in our own words?

In addition I'm sure all of us know by now, from the trailers atleast, that the point immediately after the end of DA2 is about 9-10 years into the future from the events of DA1. Make a separate section for post-DA2, so those who haven't played the game/care about spoilers have the option to simply not look, and go on with the DA1 RP.
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:53 pm

Because if we end it like that then the Champion can return and by standards none of us could kill him. idk about any of you but I played the Bone Pit hawke kills a High dragon Idk how many people here can do that.

Seriously I would put it like he never came to Kirkwall city of chains. This way we can make our own stories.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:56 pm

That would be passing on a good opportunity, as well as throwing the canon storyline out the window. We currently in our Origins RP have the Hero of Ferelden, Nygozy, RPed by the Admin, and its not creating any problems so far. Plus the story of DA2 itself isn't that interesting, what happens as a result of it has much more RPing potential because it impacts the world as a whole.
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:58 pm

Shade wrote:Because if we end it like that then the Champion can return and by standards none of us could kill him.
Your words seem to imply that anyone here can kill anyone else. There's an implicit rule on these boards that no player character can be killed without the permission of its player.

So no one could kill the Champion, but it's not like the Champion can kill anyone else.

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

http://www.innocentmachine.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:00 pm

I understand that but what I meant was no one would be able to beat him because he is the Champion. Anyone who faces the Champion is going to lose because it's the champion of Kirkwall no one is gonna beat him/her.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:37 pm

And no one's really beaten Nygozy, but that hasn't taken away from the dramatics and the storytelling.

Just because a character can't be defeated doesn't make them a Boring Invincible Hero.

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:43 pm

I'm just saying that no one should be unbeatable.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:01 pm

We have several Origin characters still alive and well in our RP here. Nygozy's just the one who ended up killing the Archdemon of them. As for having no Champion of Kirkwall, well thats what having two Hawkes is for. We have a canon surrogate to gather around.

Hawke is a Badass Normal because he didn't need to choke on Darkspawn blood to get his powers in combat. Even so, he's not unbeatable. No one is infallible otherwise they're Mary Sue characters. Even Commander Shepard has bad days.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Dragonis wrote:No one is infallible otherwise they're Mary Sue characters. Even Commander Shepard has bad days.

Those are the days then he eats bullets and shits out mustard gas instead of napalm.
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:19 pm

No, those're the days s/he doesn't get to kill a Collector or sixteen.

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:43 pm

They didn't get powers they just were immune to there blood once they survived it and saw visions and dreams of the Arch Demon. Didn't see any special powers there.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:53 pm

Thanks for the explanation, buddy...
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:56 pm

Just saying no special powers there. You know I wonder how many actually survived that and how many died.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:17 pm

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Joining#The_Joining

"The Joining ritual grants Grey Wardens several abilities: their link to the group mind allows them to detect the presence of darkspawn and they become immune to further corruption by the Blight. However, they also suffer from bad (if occasionally prophetic) dreams, ravenous hunger, and shortened lifespans. Also, while they can sense darkspawn, darkspawn can also sense them. As much of a boon as this dark gift is for the Wardens, it has also allowed them to be hunted by the darkspawn on occasion.

Avernus, when asked, states that the darkspawn taint conferred by the Joining contains incredible powers, with the ability to sense darkspawn as the least of such. He speculated that applications of energy and blood could unlock these powers, and endeavored to replicate the effects alchemically — leading to the Power of Blood talent tree.

When the Warden or companions in Awakening go through the Joining (and survive) they gain 1 attribute point and 1 spell or talent point."

Emphasis mine.

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:22 pm

FW, sometimes its just not worth the time and effort.
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:12 pm

Hm Interesting I don't remember special abilities. i remember fighting freaking Spiders....I hate spiders. You ever notice like every freaking rpg game out has a damn spider queen somewhere in the game? I hate spiders.

Anyway I never beat DA1 kinda gave up on it too be honest the whole story just lost me and it grew boring and the fighting system i just couldn't do it anymore. I barley bought DA2.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:02 pm

WHAT WILL HAPPEN:

The Dragon Age 2 section will be for Dragon Age 2.

It is not going to include the characters from Dragon Age 1 as it takes what, 3 or so months to get to Kirkwall? Unless you want to have your character relocated to that section and have a long interval that they are not doing anything besides being on a ship then don't send them there.

Anyone who has not played DA2 will not have any need to go into the DA2 section as none of their characters will be affected.

The DA2 section will have spoilers. That is a guarantee as there is no way to play it without spoilers being involved. If you don't want to see spoilers don't go into that section.

It is true that the hero and champion are not required in either section; however, some of us like the idea of having them. If you do not like that and prefer that the champion is not there then don't play. I am not about to take away what I have promised to many people for the disinterest of a few.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm

Can't Argue with that lol.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Canus Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:32 pm

Good. ^_^ I'm sure it will be fun. I may relocate Canus there, because it would be most interesting to have him in Kirkwall (he's such a loon. He'd hang around the Hanging Man for sure. xD). And I am definitely interested in trying out for one of the Hawkes.
Canus
Canus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next