Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Meeting of an Old friend - VK I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Meeting of an Old friend - VK I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Meeting of an Old friend - VK I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Meeting of an Old friend - VK I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Meeting of an Old friend - VK I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Meeting of an Old friend - VK I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Meeting of an Old friend - VK I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Meeting of an Old friend - VK I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Meeting of an Old friend - VK I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Meeting of an Old friend - VK

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Meeting of an Old friend - VK Empty Meeting of an Old friend - VK

Post  Kraven Shadow Sun May 01, 2011 6:30 am

Kraven had watched the festivities from a far, keeping to the shadows as he watched the fellowship of wardens enjoy some much needed merriment considering everything that has happened over the past couple of days.

Now the sun shone on his face and he smiled at the warmth. It had been far to long since he had felt the warm, life giving rays of sunshine on his body.

He whistled into the trees and a small blue bird flew from the branches and came to rest on the fingers of his out stretched hand.

He communicated with the bird for several moments, asking it to go find his old friend as he was more than over due.

The bird took off, climbing high into the sky heading away from the rising sun.

It was less than half an hour before the chirping messenger arrived back. It circled Kraven and told him he had relayed his message to the old elf.

Without another chirp, the bird flew silently back into the safety of the forest.

At least I can enjoy the sun on my face for just a bit longer.
He thought to himself.

He crouched down to feel the blades of grass between his fingers. Just as his finger tips grazed the tops a soft giggle came from no where.

"Stop! That tickles."

Without another word the grass shimmered beneath him and rose up, taking the form of an old elf.

He stood around five feet five inches tall, a good foot shorter than Kraven. He wore a simple green robe; with a grey sash around his waist.

Numerous pouches hung from the sash, they went all the way around. Several charms and trinkets decorated the sash, some looked like animal bones, others shiny rocks stung from wire. White hair stuck out from all directions, it looked like it had not be combed in weeks or never for that matter.

Jagged scars crisscrossed the right side of his face. Where a bright blue eye should have been was a milky white orb, obviously blinded from whatever wounds he had sustained.

A tattered, bulging satchel hung on his left side, the strap crossing his chest to rest on the opposite shoulder.

On his right, the old elvhen man supported himself with a gnarled grey staff, clearly made from the rare iron bark that only the most skilled crafters could work with.

A skull of a small lizard adorned the top of his staff; the wood weaved in and around it to hold it in place.

"Greetings old friend," the elvhen man said in a soft voice, while giving Kraven a respectful bow of the head, his smile never leaving his face.

"No need to be so formal Uthza. We are friends." Kraven said as he grasped the mans left forearm. Uthza laughed and gripped Kraven's arm weakly in return; his true age showing through.

"It is good to see you again. And I am glad to see that you can smile, I was beginning to wonder if your face was made of stone after all." he laughed.

Kraven shook his head and chuckled, because with his time amongst his own people he knew that rumors circulated about him being made of stone. As he never smiled and seemed immovable, even to the greatest of warriors.

"How have you been?" Kraven asked, once again his serious self, a look of concern on his brow.

"Things have been better. It seems that the frequency of the attacks has increased. But I manage and they tend not to last very long. Things are much better as I stay focused and keep taking my herbs; I tend to keep them under control. this way"

"Don't worry yourself my friend, these things happen. I have experience many things in my life time and have chosen a certain path that has led me here. There is no need to worry yourself over something that no even you can control."

"I've still got a lot of years left in me, this just makes things interesting is all." the old elf remarked.

The two elves began walking slowly toward's the camp. Kraven had to take small patient steps as the weak elvhen lacked the speed of his long strides.

"So I am to guess you called for me because you found a student. And you need me to teach them."

"Yes, there is one in mind that does need much guidance. The rules of human magic have been drilled into his head for the entirety of his training at the circle, that he knows no elvhen magic to speak of. The closest thing that even resembles our magic is the ability to change his form. However, that is mostly due to the slight evidence of dragons blood flowing through his veins."

"There are also some untrained mages as well that may need your guidance. But that will be up to Nygozy to allow that. Until she gives the word, only teach my apprentice."

At the mention of dragons blood, Uthza blocked Kraven's path with his staff as he stepped in front of him.

"Wait, did you just say dragon's blood?" he questioned the ascended being.

"Do not worry, it is as diluted as a drop of wine would be in a barrel of water. Yet it does burn in him, it shows in his anger and rage. Even the smallest drop can have that kind of effect on someone, especially without the knowledge or training to suppress it so that it doesn't take over."

The revered elf sighed with relief, "That is good, because with a little bit of dragons blood inside a mage can have some serious consequences. Have you thought of removing it from him so that the temptation would not be there?"

Kraven lifted an eye brow and looked down at the frail teacher, "That is not for me to do, he was created this way and thus has to live with it. You know that I can not interfere to that degree in the lives of mortals, it was you who showed me that. 'There are rules that must be followed.' "

"Now now, no need to be quoting an old man. Even for one as old as yourself you thought you could do what you want just because you had been chosen by the old pantheon. I am glad that your views have changed, as it is now up to you to set an example for those who are to follow."

"So who is this lad?"

"You won't be able to miss him. Shade has a full head of flaming red hair. You could spot him a mile away. He is probably off with Tatsoo somewhere enjoying himself. He will find us soon enough. For now, let us talk about the old days and all that has happened since then."

Last edited by Kraven Shadow on Sun May 01, 2011 2:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Meeting of an Old friend - VK Empty Re: Meeting of an Old friend - VK

Post  Elenri Sun May 01, 2011 10:41 am

Shade walked through the camp listening to the sounds having left Tatsoo to rest after bringing her breakfast he decided he wanted to go out for a walk. His footsteps carried him through the camp quickly for to be honest to himself he didn't trust these people and only Tatsoo kept him from running away or blasting them to ashes though the second part would take a lot of work.

Shade slipped into the woods and went berry hunting and listened to the wilds of Nature, His eyes closed as he felt the power of the forest vast and ancient though still young compared to some of the trees he had met before which were as old as the sea and so very wise. Shade looked as a stag appeared he called for it reaching out with his hand as he whispered in elvhaen that he would not hurt it. The stag came to his hand and Shade stroked it's beautiful fur looking into eyes as Majestic and regal as any king for this was the king of the forest lord of all deer. He bowed his head and the stag sauntered off prideful of what it was.

Shade turned walking back towards camp when he saw his master and another elf and not wanting to intrude he turned to walk away when he heard his name which to him was all the invitation he needed. After all they can talk about him in front of him. Shade walked out of the forest and bowed first to Kraven though it took a great effort and then to the other elf for which he found it much easier. "Master Kraven, Master Elf. I heard my name is there something I should know?" The last part had a edge to it he didn't like being talked about without knowing what was being discussed.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraven Shadow Sun May 01, 2011 5:07 pm

"Even for an elvhen you have sharp ears. Be careful that it doesn't get them cut off." Uthza laughed as he rustled the young elf's hair.

"Yes, he has this thing about people talking about him when he is not around." Kraven commented as he smiled and winked at Shade.

"When you said red hair, you really meant red hair didn't you?" the aged elf chuckled.

"Yes it is a rare colour for Elvhen, but it most likely has to do with the little bit of dragons blood that is in his system."

The elder mage scratched his chin as he circled Shade, poking him several times with his staff. He sized him up as if he was buying an animal and making sure it wasn't foul.

"Hmmm, he's a little rough around the edges. Needs some work. A real fixer upper. Might take longer than normal."

"You say he has talent? Doesn't look like much though does he? I guess I will have to see for myself."

He again took his place beside Kraven to stand in front of the red haired elven mage.

Uthza looked at the mighty elf out of the corner of his yes and then smacked him on the back with his staff.

"Stand up straight. We don't need the new Leader of the Elvhen pantheon to get bad posture. Just because you are in a seat of power doesn't mean you get to slack off." Uthza shook his head in disgust.

"That goes for you too apprentice." he said as he pointed the butt of his staff at Shade.

Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Sun May 01, 2011 5:34 pm

The food Shade had brought was good and Tatsoo did spend some time napping but then she woke up and had to go find a bush. She did this then decided to go for a walk, wondering where Shade could have gotten to. Maybe she should leave him be and wait for him to return but she wanted some exercise so she followed his scent.

As she strode along she listened to the birds and smiled at their chittering songs. They were pleasant little things but hardly made an appetizer so even as a werewolf she seldom tried to catch one. Then again, it was almost like eating cream puffs. Once you eat one it was hard to not eat another and you never realized how many you went through until you were looking at an empty bowl.

She needed something crunchy now so when she saw some rhubarb she picked a bunch and continued on until she saw a clearing. Tatsoo walked out into the clearing while munching on a rhubarb stalk and stopped, looking at Kraven and the old mage.

"Oh." She said calmly as she noticed them, "Ah did na realize dat yer were doin de trainin today. Ahm sorry. Ah did na mean ta intrude."
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sun May 01, 2011 5:59 pm

Shade stared at the two elves as they discussed him he didn't mind at least they were talking about him in front of him it was just behind his back that pissed him off. He looked at the older mage his eyes narrowing as he tried to push the anger inside him back. "We all have a lot to learn Elhven even one as old as you can still learn. he turned his head as Tatsoo came into the clearing and his face lit up noticeably. He walked over and smiled stroking her cheek. " My dear where you following me? I'm not sure if we are training now but the old one is going to be teaching me."

He looked back at the pair and tried not to laugh as the older elf scolded Kraven. He walked back and stood in front of them wondering if Tatsoo should stay or go.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraven Shadow Mon May 02, 2011 7:12 pm

Uthza looked after Shade as he left them to go tend to some golden haired girl.

"He really does need to learn respect for his elders, as well as to know when to say something and when not too." Uthza could only shake his head.

"I make no guarantees Keeper, but like all of my students I will do what I can to guide them and see if they follow the path set before them."

"Hmmm..I wonder what it would be like to be air?"

Kraven looked at hims out of the corner of his eye and just as he was about to reply, Uthza seemed to burst; wisps of mist faded and where carried away by the gently morning breeze.

"I don't think......" Kraven stopped in mid sentence when he realized his friend had already vanished.

"Well, I feel light. And I can see all around me at once.....ON NO!!! THERE ARE BUGS IN ME!!!!"

The voice came from all around, at first a soft whisper on the wind, then it became violent as the voice cried out. However it only effected the immediate area around Kraven, the wind whipped his hair around, causing it to go in all directions. He could only stand there and shake his head as he gave out a low chuckle and moan.

Just as the cry died down Uthza reformed his body and began to violently spit, as if something was caught in his mouth.

"I don't remember ordering up any insects for breakfast. GAH" He quickly took out a cloth and began wiping his tongue clean, trying to get the taste of whatever was in there out.

"Note to self, being air is fun, but you must like to eat insects for it to be worth it."
Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Mon May 02, 2011 7:28 pm

Shade watched the pair and tilted his head wondering just what they were to each other in the end he shrugged deciding it wasn't really that important anyway. He watched the man vanish and heard the voice normally it would have freaked him out but the old elf was just too funny. He laughed listening to the old man. "They say bugs are a good diet suppose to keep you around longer." He turned to look at Kraven.

"So when does my training start or is being spoken ill of considered training these days? I was born in a alienage and trained in a place that humans ruled I am sorry I don't know much about our ways but it isn't my fault. I have only been on my own for a few months and if you don't mind me saying I think i have done pretty good progress on my own." Shade looked back at the old man and took out his water flask offering it to the older elf to help with the bugs. "It's safe I boil my water."
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Mon May 02, 2011 7:35 pm

"My dear where you following me? I'm not sure if we are training now but the old one is going to be teaching me."

"Ah wanned a bit a exercise an ah caught yer scent on de breeze so ah followed it. Ah had no idea dat ye'd be seeing de elder mage." Tatsoo grinned and shook her head in amusement and nudged him, nipping his shoulder playfully like a wolf mate would, "Love! Dat not be da way ye speak of ye teacha. Ye neva met a shaman did ya? Dey be da ones ta learn ya ... teach ye and dey don take it well when you call dem 'old one.'"

"They say bugs are a good diet suppose to keep you around longer."

She shrugged at that thought as she'd eaten bugs but was not thrilled with the taste of most of them.

"So when does my training start or is being spoken ill of considered training these days? I was born in a alienage and trained in a place that humans ruled. I am sorry I don't know much about our ways but it isn't my fault. I have only been on my own for a few months and if you don't mind me saying I think i have done pretty good progress on my own. It's safe I boil my water."

She followed Shade without thinking then wondered if she should stay or go but she was curious about this teacher. Tatsoo wanted to meet those who her mate would be learning from and get to know them as extended tribe members just as she felt for the warden groups. If he was going to be part of Shade's tribe then they were connected.

"Hello. Ahm Shade's mate an ah wanted ta meet ya but ah did na think ah would so soon. Ah hope yer travels were safe. Did ye need a tent or place to dwell? Ahm sure de commanda would na mind ye gettin a tent from de supplies."
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraven Shadow Mon May 02, 2011 7:47 pm

Uthza looked down at the flask that Shade offered him, giving the young mage a crooked smile as he took a step back.

Kraven pushed the flask back to the red haired elf, "Don't take it personally, he will not eat or drink anything that he has not prepared himself."

The old teacher grinned at the both of them as he shimmered and became translucent; literally becoming water.

"I have my own water thanks." a bubbling voice said.

After a moment he returned to his natural form, "Water is pretty fun, except when people try to pee in you. Then it's down right disgusting. Once when that happened the oaf found himself hanging from a pike by his underpants. Not sure how he got there though, but I sure would have loved to have watched it."

Last edited by Kraven Shadow on Mon May 02, 2011 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraven Shadow Mon May 02, 2011 7:51 pm

Kraven looked over a Tatsoo, "You are always welcome here my child. You are a good influence on Shade, let us just hope he doesn't do something to screw it up."

"Everything that happens is part of your training Shade. You will be tested when you least expect it, so always be prepared. So if you think that there is going to be some lessons like in the circle, then you are sadly mistaken. Elvhen mages do not learn like that. Soon you will realize that the human way is slow and clumsy and goes against all that is the beauty of magic."
Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Mon May 02, 2011 7:57 pm

Shade watched the old elf liking him more and more with each moment. "No apology needed I can understand that perfectly myself." He watched the old man turn to water and laughed listening to him talk. "Master Kraven when does my training start to be honest i am very interested in learning from this Elf. I'm sorry I never got your name though you already know mine."

He smiled at Tatsoo as she walked up his hand reaching back squeezing hers as he smiled. "My dear I don't think he will be staying in Camp and if he does he will probably stay with Kraven."

Shade turned his head looking at Kraven and just smiled. "Good enough. I didn't expect human magic and elven magic to be the same in any way. I am here to learn I don't expect it to be easy so don't worry about that."
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Mon May 02, 2011 11:36 pm

"You are always welcome here my child. You are a good influence on Shade, let us just hope he doesn't do something to screw it up."

She chuckled, "Ah don think he would be a one ta do somethin dumb about us. Tanks fer da confid ... confie ... dance in me. It be good ta know ye be like tribe."

The mage changed to water and Tatsoo was astonished, thinking of stories of old, "Ye know de art a de elements and de world about dem. Dere be tales from me tribe about de el... ve hen in de line who be like dat. Ah kinda wish ah be a mage ta learn but ahm not."

"My dear I don't think he will be staying in Camp and if he does he will probably stay with Kraven."

She squeezed his hand and shrugged, "Maybey not but it not hurt ta ask and be polite."
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Uthza Tue May 03, 2011 3:36 am

Uthza looked over at the golden haired girl and gave her a warm friendly smile.

"I never did like changing into animals all that much, thought it was too easy, to mundane. So I chose a different path. People thought I was a bit crazy in doing so; well, there are quite right on that account, but that has nothing to do with shifting." he winked at her.

"I have yet to meet another shifter who has the same desire to change into water, or air. Or even become part of the earth. Do you know what it feels like to be a patch of green grass, no care in the world, just the gentle breeze caressing my green blades....." he sighed as his voice began to wander as he looked else where, just gazing out towards the rest of the world.

His eyes seemed to glaze over for a moment, but he shook his head and came back to the present.

"What were we talking about? Oh yes, I think this lovely young woman was going to show an old man where he can get something to eat. Something that has nothing to do with bugs. Come let us eat and I will tell you the story of how I became stuck as a chair for three days." He held out his arm for Tatsoo to take, his eyes twinkled as he smiled brightly at her.

Uthza
Uthza

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Wed May 04, 2011 6:47 pm

She smiled at the older man and giggled as he winked at her. He was very amusing and she really liked him. He was a good person for the tribe and she was looking forward to seeing how he trained Shade, "Ah ken only change to de wolf and de were so it na too simple for me. Dat would be innerestin ta change into other things but ah don know if ah would wanna."

Tatsoo smiled and took the elder gentleman's arm, "Dat would be nice. Ah think ah'd be scared if ah were a chair fer any time. Ye have to tell us an ah ken find ye good food an ah ken cook too. What do ye like ta eat?" She looked back at Shade and put her arm out for him to take the other side, "Comin Shade? Kray ... Kraven?"
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraven Shadow Wed May 04, 2011 7:16 pm

"You three can go on ahead, I must find the Paragon and there is much more to discuss before we break camp." Kraven said as he waved them off.

Uthza waved back at Kraven before turning his attention back to the beautiful golden girl next to him

"You can change to a wolf? I remember when I was only ten summers old... Or was it seven summers..." his voice trailed off again as he thought about it for a moment.

He shook his head to clear it, "Oh well, it's not really important. Anyways, when I was young and had no choice but to change into animals, I took on the form of a wolf. Of course to teach my keeper a lesson I ran off and stayed that way for over a year before I came back. It was fun at first, then became quite unpleasant. I ate raw meat, slept in caves, chased my tail; which to this day I have yet to catch."

"Do you know what it is like to uncontrollably chase your tail for hours on end, not only fail and collapse on the ground out of breath and dizzy? I tell ya, not something I would repeat."

He looked at Tatoo's hair, "You have such pretty hair. Oh oh oh, that reminds me!!" he said excitedly. "A friend of mine burned all his hair off and since I didn't want people to make fun of him, I changed into hair to help him out. Of course people always wondered where I was all the time, because we were usually pretty inseparable. Good times, good times."

"I have always wondered what it would be like to have blonde hair." he chuckled and smiled at the golden haired girl.

Uthza shook his head and long golden locks of hair fell to his shoulders, "There, now I shall know how it feels."

Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Thu May 05, 2011 8:14 pm

Shade took Tatsoo's hand and leaned over kissing her twice on the cheek and once on her hand before he followed watching the older elf and ready to move if he fell. He watched him and Tatsoo talk which was fine she had helped him so many times it was good to see his love doing it again and to one as old as the Master mage. He laughed when the man grew golden locks doubling over as he walked. "I must say it looks really really good on you almost as attractive as Tatsoo here better put it right or else the elven ladies will be chasing you around screaming for you to be only there's." His arm wrapped around Tatsoo in a playful guarding manner. "However this Angel is mine you can't have her." He leaned over kissing her again as they walked through the forest.

Shade took a deep breath looking at the Elf who was going to train him. "Master Uthza if I may be so bold as to ask what kind of training will I be taking. the elements like you do i must say are very interesting but I have a question. Can you turn into Lightning? It is raw power something like that must be devastating to become. And how long will training take? I don't expect a few weeks and I am eager to learn our old ways more than eager so I am curious when we begin. I know it won't be throwing spells there mus be history, culture, stories and so many things to learn i am just eager to begin."
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Thu May 05, 2011 9:32 pm

"Ye were a diffecolt student den? Ah have chased me tail, it be weirdly addictive when you start that. One more try, jus one more try den ye wear yerself down a cuz ye should be able ta do somethin dat seems so easy. Den ye say neva again an next time yer relaxin and de tail is just in yer sights ye try again cause ye got to do it some time don ya?"

She laughed at the story of pretending to be someone else's hair and smirked when he made golden hair for himself. Shade seemed bemused and smiled as he tenderly kissed her cheek and hand. Tatsoo found it even more amusing when he played about like he was guarding her and even though it was joking about here he did mean it and would show it if there were any real threat.

Then the conversation went to training and that is when Tatsoo stayed quiet, waiting to hear the answers to the questions.
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Uthza Thu May 05, 2011 10:13 pm

Uthza shook his head again and his hair returned to its natural white.

"Lightning? I have become pure energy before, yes. However, one must always be careful in the power one welds. It is very easy to corrupt yourself if you go beyond what you should. It does not matter if you can or not, because the greater power you use the more you open yourself up to the fade. And each time you step over that line you will lose a bit of yourself to the fade. Eventually there will not be much left."

He shook his head and chuckled while looking over at Shade, "Remember young one, no one can ever belong to another. Not even the one you love. If you lose yourself in someone, you cease to exist, you both do."

"You certainly do ask a lot of questions don't you? That is good. However I can not tell you when your training will start. That will take the fun out of it, that will prepare you. Who says you are not learning right now? Look around you, look at the birds, feel the grass under your feet."

"The elves are a part of nature, they are a part of Thedas, they ARE Thedas."

He turned to Tatsoo and grabbed her arm, turning her to face him. He stared down at her, his eyes glazed over, looking through her, passed her, "You must help him see what you see. Without you, he will be consumed"

Uthza shook his head and looked around, "What was I....." his voice trailed again, "Oh yes, you see I had an idea, I figured if I turned into a chair I would be able to hide from them. Little did I know that he would fall asleep in me for THREE DAYS. Who sleeps for three days??? That was the last time I turned into a chair in someone elses home. Worst game of hide and seek EVER."
Uthza
Uthza

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sat May 07, 2011 12:48 pm

Shade liked the older Elf he was far more patient than Kraven and he shared knowledge though in his roundabout ways it reminded him of his old tutor at the Circle a elf who was old and dying but a wise and patient mentor. "Sadly I do not know as much of Nature as I put on I was raised in a Alienage and then when I showed signs I was sent to the Circle I lived there for years than escaped and have only been free if you can call running free for a few months. I have spent little time in Nature but I feel alive when i walk through it as if I been there a hundred times. The trees speak to me when I sleep under them, he Birds and wildlife guide me when I am lost and the Grass feels as soft as feathers when I lie down. I do not know if it is magic or a gift but I am grateful for the kindness it has shown to one of it's children even one who has never before than praised it."

He looked over as he grabbed Tatsoo his first instinct was to go for his weapon but the Elf hadn't harmed her so far and then he let her go, Shade moved over taking her hand to make sure she was ok. "Master Uthza what did you mean without her I would be consumed? And Yes Tatsoo knows more of Nature than I do that is no secret."

Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Sat May 07, 2011 2:51 pm

Uthza seemed like a fun man and it was nice to hear things from a person who was so worldly, even if he did seem to have his mind bouncing from one place to the next but then again her tribe leaders often said that geniuses sometimes were crazy. Then again, geniuses were not often treated like the regular crazy even though they were. Now there was a circle of technical confusion she was not ready to get into with herself.

Anything about nature pleased Tatsoo, even slimy things did not bother her, so listening to the men about it was a good thing. She smiled as they spoke and let her mind wander until Uthza grabbed her and turned her around.

"You must help him see what you see. Without you, he will be consumed"

That was a surprise which made Tatsoo just stare at the mage then shake her head as he went on to talk about being a chair. When Shade asked what Uthza meant she stayed quiet for in case the man would explain.
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Uthza Sat May 07, 2011 5:23 pm

"That is naturally how most elves feel. Especially ones that are closely connected with magic."

He stopped and turned to Shade, "You were an Alienage elf. How horrible! I can not imagine being stuck behind the walls of any city. Before elves settled in what was known as cities, they were quite nomadic in nature. They believed that they needed to move around so that they didn't hunt their food sources into extinction. It was very rare for a tribe to stay in more than one place for more than a season. They usually stayed ahead of the winters."

He continued walking, "They eventually set up in places that they felt could survive their long lives. But these cities were open places. Only temples or crypts were made of stone. There were no walls to keep us in, as there was no need. We held no ill will towards others, so why would we need to imprison ourselves in side something that is so unnatural."

"Consumed? Did I mentioned being consumed? Hmmm...Are you sure? That doesn't sound like something I would say. You should see a healer about getting your hearing checked."

Uthza stumbled a few steps before grabbing his head in pain. He screamed out in agony, as he body seemed to contort before their very eyes. He fell to the ground, his mouth open in mid scream, but no sounds came out.

His body shimmered, his robes turned white and became sheer. His white hair became silver, which flowed all around him, covering the ground. But it wasn't a he any more, a female knelt on the ground before them.

She stood up and smiled at the two. Her long silver hair reached the ground, the sheer white dress was almost see through, but only an outline of her slim delicate body could be seen beneath it.

Her eyes were as dark and blue as sapphires; sparkling and glittered as them too. Her skin was pale almost to the point of being white. Her skin seemed to give off a slight glow, but it was only the effect her very pale skin gave off in the light. Pointed ears stuck out from beneath her hair; there was no mistaking it, she was definitely an elven woman.

She held out her arms, raised her head to the sky as she twirled around laughing. She came to a stop and looked at the two before her.

"I am Areth and it was I who said you would be consumed."
Uthza
Uthza

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Sat May 07, 2011 5:44 pm

There was a serene attitude that the master mage gave off and even though it was strange that he was not aware of what he had said about being consumed he was still one of the sweetest beings Tatsoo could imagine. His words were calming and somewhat amusing until he stumbled and seemed to scream out.

Tatsoo quickly turned, putting her hands on his arms and looking into his face as he seemed to be in pain, "Shade ah think we should be getting Jezarine! What's wrong, Uthza? Shade be getting de healer. Mayhaps ye be sitt..."

Changes had started even before Tatsoo noticed them but she backed up a couple feet when she realized that the mage was changing. This made her turn her head to look at Shade with a helpless expression then back at the now woman, Areth.

She turned a bit sideways and gazed at the woman from the sides of her eyes, ready to react if need be, "Awerth? Ye be in dere all de time? What be happening to Uthza?"
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sat May 07, 2011 5:51 pm

Shade watched the elder elf change and was about to help when he noticed he was changing. He stood back watching the transformation from male to female and leaned against a tree. "Finding a girl friend must be hard when you house two sexes into one being must suck sometimes. So if you said I would become consumed I am interested in what you mean for your basically saying I can not defend myself against attacks. What will consume me? Draconis, A demon, Mother earth, A pissed off eagle? A little elaboration if you don't mind." His eyes burned not from anger but of being told he needed others to defend him. "And you better not be threatening Tatsoo as well because I promise it won't end good."
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Uthza Sat May 07, 2011 6:05 pm

"I am sorry to startle you my child," she began in a soft soothing almost musical voice, "Uthza sometimes fights us. And when we need to get out it causes him pain sometimes. We are sorry for that."

"Do not worry he is safe and unharmed."

"You, Caranu, you with your anger, your hatred, your rage. You will be consumed unless you rid yourself of these things. No elvhen mage would dare be so forth coming with such aggressive emotions." She said this in a hard cold voice, gone was the musical undertone, gone was the soothing feeling.

"You, Caranu would dare speak to an Elvhen master in this manner? You are quick to assume anything. You are young, even in Human terms. Two sexes? Really? That is what you think we are. You know nothing of Uthza. You know nothing of what he has gone through, the trials he has faced. You would not have survived."

Areth looked lovingly at Tatsoo, giving her a warm smile, as her voice return to what it was before, "You, Culleth of elvhen, you must keep his anger at bay. You are the only one who can do so. It is your love, a love that flows so freely that it embraces him and protects him from himself. It is this close bond that will prevent him from being consumed by his magic."

(((Caranu: Elvish name for Red Son. Culleth: Elvish name for Radiant Bride)))
Uthza
Uthza

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Mon May 09, 2011 10:06 pm

"We? Ah don understand what ye be sayin." Tatsoo gaped at the woman, sniffing to see what she could tell from her scent and then Areth became incensed with Shade's words. She stepped closer to Shade in case they would have to do anything and waited, carefully watching this woman to make sure all was alright.

"Red Son?" There was an interesting name to call Shade. Red as his anger and hair maybe? That was quite possible. As Areth turned her attention to the were it was under quite a different guise and reaction altogether and made Tatsoo calm and look up at her with a tender smile, "Ah be not rad... dien or a bride yet but thank ye fer de title. It be special ... no ... thankful ... ah thank ye fer dat. Ah shall try ma best but we canna be togetha all de time. Ah hope it ken help though that ah do love him and wanna be dere all de time even when ah canna."
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next