Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
After Joining Partay - VK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
After Joining Partay - VK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
After Joining Partay - VK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
After Joining Partay - VK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
After Joining Partay - VK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
After Joining Partay - VK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
After Joining Partay - VK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
After Joining Partay - VK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
After Joining Partay - VK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

After Joining Partay - VK

+13
Pendra
UncleVanya
Swift_Assassin
Varen
Takara
Dragonis
Elenri
Tatsoo
Kassina
Ianto
Macha
Khael
Jezarine
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

After Joining Partay - VK - Page 2 Empty Re: After Joining Partay - VK

Post  Takara Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:35 pm

"I.. I'm s... sorry," Takara stammered, seeing that she had upset the other mage. "I d.. didn't mean t.. too..." She trailed off, not sure how to adress the other woman's obvious distress.

Takara shook her head slowly. "I... I don't k.. know much about fr.. freedom. I was a s... slave until a f.. few days ago. The w... wardens freed Khael and I fr.. from a group that was using us f.. for fights. The other sl... slaves fought to entertain the h... human nobles and I... I patched them up a... after. Before that I... I was a slave in a br.. brothel." Takara muttered the last sentence, turning slightly red in embarrasment.

Slowly Takara shook her head again and looked back up at the other mage. "The p... past is done for b... both of us. Let's t.. talk of happier th.. things. You... you can shapeshift? K... Kassina can do th.. that. M.. maybe you can t.. teach me one day."
Takara
Takara

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:36 pm

"To da tent." She agreed and laughed at his jokes of what they should actually be doing. Her eyes were not on food or interested in socializing. That did not matter so much.
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:39 pm

Shade laughed and kissed Tatsoo deeply holding her lips. He nodded walking towards the tent leaving the festivities behind. "Your wish is my command my Golden Bird." He turned walking into the tent and closed it laying her down on the soft sleeping mats he had taken from someones tent.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Varen Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:42 pm

Varen listened to Takara's story with attention. She kept her face passive, but felt anger and sadness rush through her veins. Such sadness for so many people. Varen assumed that Khael was Takara's brother.

However, what the other mage said was true. What was past was past, and both of them were free now. Well, for the most part. Varen nodded and gave Takara a reassuring smile. "It would be my pleasure to teach you. Perhaps, in return, you might help me go find a certain flower sometime?" Varen had been searching for any record of a black flower with white spots. There had been a single, tattered page about it in the Circle's library, but that was it.
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:32 am

Wolfram looked up and saw the another elf mage speaking with Takara. He had to pause for a second to try to see if there were any other human mages around. He couldn't recall seeing a single one. He seems to be solitary in a lot of things in this group, like being an 'Orlesian' Warden, or being a blood mage, or being a human mage. All other mages here were elves, and only two of them weren't shape shifters. Although, this could be a premature statement. They haven't all been organized into a single confined area were one could discover such info.

He also appeared to be the most senior of the Wardens. If a blight was to start anew, tradition would have him be the one to sacrifice himself and finish off the archdemon, provided Ferelden was were in made itself known. That also means barring any new transfers in or out of Ferelden, he would be the first to leave on his calling, and he would go alone.

When the topic of the Circle of Magi started, he put down a marker in the book and closed it up. He listened and remembered how isolated he felt. His whole life was isolation. When they establish their permanent command in Ferelden, he'll probably isolate himself in a place he can conduct his experiments in peace. It wasn't a healthy life, but it was one he was accustomed to.

"Takara, is it?" Wolfram interrupted. "I couldn't help but overhear that you are interested in learning shapeshifting. If you'd like, I could also teach you some elemental magics, if you are interested that is. It was actually my area of focus when I was in the tower."

"And Varen, it is Varen, right? Well, the only thing hated more than an elf is a mage. Some templars might favor one race over the other, but generally we all suffered, provided you thought of the circle as torture. I'd like to ask you something though. You recently escaped, right? Have you seen a mage named Anders there? I never found out if that escape attempt was successful or not. I have to thank him for the opening for my own escape whenever I see him."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Takara Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:54 am

"I d... don't know much about fl.. flowers but I'd be happy to h.. help. I've heard Jezarine k... knows lots about plants. S... she had books about th.. them."

Takara looked up as another mage approached. She recognized him from her joining, but had not actually met him yet. "H... hello." she said as he approached.

"I w... would love to learn elementay m.. magic. Khael always s.. says I need to learn to fight. I c... can manage a sad little li.. lightning bolt, but that's about it. I m... mostly know healing.

The young human girl listened and nibbled on a carrot stick as Wolfram spoke to Varen. "I.. I've never understood why humans are so.. so mean to elves. I.. I've often been mis.. mistaken for an elf b.. because I'm s.. so short."
Takara
Takara

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:05 am

"For the same reason Orlesians look down on Fereldens. Orlais conquered Ferelden, which lowered them to second-class citizens in their eyes. It just so happens that humans conquered elves." Wolfram replied, almost not acknowledging her announcing she was human and constantly mistaken for an elf.

Once it registered, he looked at her, happy that he claimed most of his previous thoughts may be premature statements. "I think part of it has to do with your facial features. Your face possesses a number of common elvish features."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Takara Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:41 am

"W... well I don't k... know who my father was. I... I guess it's possible. Elves d... don't frequent br... brothel's much, b.. but I guess he c... could have been half or... or something." Takara stammered in reply. She had never really given it much thought as there was no way to find out.

Takara
Takara

Back to top Go down

Post  Varen Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:09 am

Varen regarded the man who approached with caution. Sure, Calliara said she would be safe here, and sure, this was a party, but Varen could never be too sure. "Anders? I do not recall ever meeting an Anders, no. I did not concern myself with many people within the circle."

The elf's gaze turned to Takara. Human? Varen was almost sure she was an elf, other than the fact that she couldn't see her ears. But she seemed.....nice. The mage didn't press the topic. "I'll have to talk to Jezarine, then."

Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:31 am

Boyfriend. Putting it quite that way . . . Ianto knew the difference between feeling scared and feeling that strange, adrenaline-rushed feeling of being really, really happy, and right now, both of those feelings were mixing together in that word. He did let either show through, though - he didn't want to worry Jez, and his own personal relationship demons were his own to handle, for now at least.

"That sounds about right," he grinned back at her. "The 'saucy mister boyfriend', at your service, ser and miss." He moved back to stand behind Jez, and rested his chin on top of her head, snaking his arms around to hug her around the shoulders and neck. He smiled as the dwarf and mage, a little warmed at the apparent closeness between the two. Well, the girl certainly looked like she needed someone looking out for her.

He nodded his head (and, by extension, sort of made Jez's head do a shallow nod as well, with his chin resting atop her head) as the mage girl politely drifted away, clearly unused to human conversation, and then he looked down at his dark-skinned chin-rest. "Do you need any help with the cooking, Jez?" he asked with smile, even though she wouldn't be able to see it.
Ianto
Ianto

Back to top Go down

Post  Macha Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:49 am

Argos lifted his head as someone approached, and Macha was turning to face the man before he'd really started speaking. She knew him well, as she knew all of the Wardens who had gone through a Joining with her, but more than that, she'd known him before. In Highever, a squire under Ser Gilmore when she was young, a small bit of her past come back to find her. She couldn't control the brief flash of pain that crossed her face at the mention of the . . . of the attack, but it was no fault of this man's. He was only offering his condolences, and he had more right than most to give them.

"Ser Maddox Hyperion," she said, her smile growing warm and honest. "Or shall I say, Warden Maddox Hyperion? I remember you. Your father was a good man, and a friend to my father. To hear that Cercium fought so valiantly on our behalf humbles me indeed. Cercium will be recognized for its bravery, and I can only apologize that we've failed to recognize it already. Times have been hard for Fergus, trying to resettle Highever."

She turned briefly to move a piece of wood closer to the fire, and ran her hand down Argos's back as she stood back up to face Maddox again. "You do me too much credit, Ser Maddox. We are all family here, us Wardens. I am no more a 'Lady' here than I might be in the Wilds. 'Macha' is fine."
Macha
Macha

Back to top Go down

Post  Khael Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:50 am

Khael continued to munch on the goodies available as he watched everyone arround him. He was happy to see that Takara had found some people to talk to. He kept an eye on her out of the corner of his eye, but left her alone. She needed to learn how to be social without him. She would be doing mage training while he would be working on his fighting skills.

"Yes, we travelled with Pendra. She seemed like a wonderful woman." He said in reply to Jezarine. "Takara needs to learn to fight too. Maybe you two can practice together, she might feel less threatened by you. It's going to be awhile before she can learn to trust people I think. Especially men, no offence." he said with a nod to Ianto.
Khael
Khael

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:03 pm

Marcus returned to camp with an armfull of fresh cut wood, despite still walking with a visible limp and that he had not fully recovered from his injuries yet, he was still working. Laying the firewood next to the campfires, he stretched a bit, looking around at all the companions and fellow wardens. He smiled wearily, and combed his fingers through his thick brown hair. "It's not every night I see everyone so happy." He said quietly to himself before looking for something to eat.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:33 pm

"It hasn't been so kind to my brother, Daren, either. He was thrust into our father's position and had to try to maintain peace during a time when most of our surviving soldiers were out with me fighting a civil war," Maddox replied. "Had word been able to get to my father before he fell, he would have tried to retake your lands from...him. I would have, but my father had most of our experienced soldiers with him, and my men were hardly ready to siege the castle."

"Sorry about that Macha. It's been groomed into me to do refer to noble women like that. It'll bit a hard habit to break, but I think I'll get over it."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:04 pm

"That sounds about right. The 'saucy mister boyfriend', at your service, ser and miss."

Jezarine giggled as he wrapped his arms around her and she leaned into the feel of his strong body and the comforting rub of his chin against the top of her head. She loved the contact with him and even though they had not yet done anything past sleeping together in the same bed and kissing she craved being close to him as it felt natural to have him hold her.

"Yes, we travelled with Pendra. She seemed like a wonderful woman. Takara needs to learn to fight too. Maybe you two can practice together, she might feel less threatened by you. It's going to be awhile before she can learn to trust people I think. Especially men, no offence."

"That is a great idea. Since we are both healers I do not see any reason that would not work out. She'll feel better around miss fumble fighter here."

Jezarine was happy with the idea and smiled at Khael then giggled even more as Ianto nodded their heads, "Do you need any help with the cooking, Jez?"

"Oh I'm not cooking tonight. I'm leaving that to the people Nygozy brought with us for caring after the Keep. She made sure that really good cooks were chosen to come with us. No. Tonight I'm all yours. So what did you want to do?"
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Varen Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:31 pm

Varen nodded to the two that she was talking to. "If you will excuse me." She bowed her head courteously before going over to the table where the food was. She scanned it, and picked out a few raspberries. Backing away from the table, the elf surveyed the crowd and ate the fruit. A perfect Joining. It was something to celebrate.

The mage watched closer to the fire going in the middle. A small smirk played on her lips when an idea came to mind, but decided to save it for later when people started to ask for entertainment. Varen popped another raspberry into her mouth and hummed a tune.
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:51 pm

Ostef and Rakot arrived on the scene a bit late and made their way to the closest keg. Rakot chugged four full mugs in a row, before he started sipping the fifth. Ostef was trying to catch up but gave up after chugging the second one.

"This party is lacking in the number of whores and drunken brawls."

"You're not thinking what I know you're thinking?"

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not, I am a very complicated man, see."

"Like a bronto turd, lots and lots of layers? That actually explains a lot."

"Heh, really? I got a feeling that the drunken brawl shortage is going to be rectified very soon."

"I got a feeling I need to be more drunk so I don't feel the pain for then the punches come."

"Now that's fine thinking."

Rakot finished off the rest of his mug in one gulp.

"Now stop drinking that ale like the mug got a tit on it, and down it like a man! RAAAGH!!! *burp*"
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:55 pm

These people wanted to celebrate, it made sense to him. However, all they have to offer is food, music, and alcohol. That would be good enough, but Wolfram had other ideas in mind. Something that not only demonstrates his non-blood magic skills, but is also very entertaining to watch. He left the party area and gathered a bunch of containers of varying sizes and filled them with water. He grabbed an assortment of berries and flower petals, as well as a few mortars and pestles. He planned to demonstrate a little thing he came up with during his downtime between research projects.

He should have everything in order by the apex of the party, provided there are no interruptions. But first, time to juice some blueberries.
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Takara Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:28 pm

Takara stood for a moment, not sure what to do as the two other mages drifted away. Then two loud humans came into the area and instantly went for the alchohol. She knew their type only too well, especially the louder one.

The mage moved quickly over to the safety of Khael, glancing nervously at the two humans. Khael was back at the food table, having wandered away from Jez and Ianto to give them some time alone.

"Hey there little sister. I see you've been making some friends." He said happily as she approached. "You really need to eat more!" He admonished seeing how full her plate still was.

The two took plates full of food and went to sit by the fire and eat.
Takara
Takara

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendra Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:44 pm

Pendra walked about taking little bites of tidbits here or there and smiled at people here or there. She was about to go talk with Wolfram when she heard the ones who were coined the Trouble Twins discussing the possibility of just that. Trouble.

"Yer not about to be popping any ladies with calling them whores, you drunken nug fucker." She smirked then slugged back her ale in one gulp then clunked her mug onto the table, "You men are too light for brawlers." She teased.

The dwarf grinned, waiting to see if either one of the two would take her bait as she made sure that she was in a position that landed towards a field.
Pendra
Pendra

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:59 pm

Rakot looked down at the dwarf from his towering height and grinned.

"Am I mistaken, or are them fighting words? Care to back em up, duster?"

"Oh....the fun part begins...greeeeeat."

"Anderfels rules. Chug a mug, then you get one swing at your opponent, then your opponent does the same. Whoever gets knocked out, passes out or is unable to hold their ale looses. Lets see what you got, shortstack."

Rakot motioned to Ostef.

"You'll be refilling our mugs, don't forget to keep count of them."

Ostef nodded, grabbed the keg and poured ale into both Rakot's and Pendra's mug.

"Ladies first."

Rakot's grin became ever wider.
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Varen Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:07 pm

Varen rolled her eyes when she saw the fight about to start. Those two were sure to be sore in the morning. Eating the last of her raspberries, Varen turned back to the fire. She had studied in Primal magic in the Circle, and knew enough to protect herself, but not enough to teach another. She could, at least, put on a little show.

The mage stood a little ways away from the fire. She muttered something in an ancient language, and gently swayed her hands in front of her. The fire flickered a little, and then begun to swirl strangely. Varen was only able to control it long enough to have what seemed to be a man of fire spin a woman in a dress. It wasn't much, but maybe Takara would like it.
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendra Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:22 pm

"Well now you're an inventive beast I see. Take your best wind at it, cloud eater." Pendra grabbed the mug of ale, slugged it back in one shot then took a slight jab at his chest just for the hell of it. She knew it wouldn't hit but was testing his reflexes first.
Pendra
Pendra

Back to top Go down

Post  Macha Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:22 am

Macha waved the slight off, and smiled at the Warden to show that no harm was done. "Don't worry - it was a good while before I stopped being so polite, as well. Ingrained mannerisms don't fade quite so quickly, not that I think we should forget them entirely. As long as you feel at home, that's what really matters."

She turned a bit to glance down at Argos, and then looked behind her to where the ale and food were set. "Well," she said with a hearty breath, reinvigorating herself after that somewhat heavy conversation. "Would you like something to eat or drink, Maddox? This is, after all, a party, and I don't think Nygozy will be cross enough at us all if we don't eat absolutely every last bite."
Macha
Macha

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:27 am

Ianto snickered a little, and tugged Jez a little closer to him, purposefully putting her off balance before he caught her, making her steady again. "Careful what you say, Jez, or I might take you up on that and you'll miss the whole party." He grinned down at her to show that he was joking - sort of - and went back to resting his chin on her head as he looked around the party area. "Well, if we absolutely have to enjoy this party everyone's worked so hard to put together, I'm sure we can find something to do to entertain ourselves, right?" he asked with a wink, not sure if she could see it or not but not really caring if she could either way. She could hear the bubbling amusement in his voice, anyway.
Ianto
Ianto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next