Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
VK - Nygozy, Kai, Wolfram, Griffinhart, Alistair and Zevran - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
VK - Nygozy, Kai, Wolfram, Griffinhart, Alistair and Zevran - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
VK - Nygozy, Kai, Wolfram, Griffinhart, Alistair and Zevran - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
VK - Nygozy, Kai, Wolfram, Griffinhart, Alistair and Zevran - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
VK - Nygozy, Kai, Wolfram, Griffinhart, Alistair and Zevran - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
VK - Nygozy, Kai, Wolfram, Griffinhart, Alistair and Zevran - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
VK - Nygozy, Kai, Wolfram, Griffinhart, Alistair and Zevran - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
VK - Nygozy, Kai, Wolfram, Griffinhart, Alistair and Zevran - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
VK - Nygozy, Kai, Wolfram, Griffinhart, Alistair and Zevran - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

VK - Nygozy, Kai, Wolfram, Griffinhart, Alistair and Zevran

+7
Zevran
Dragonis
AlistairTheirin
Swift_Assassin
Final Warrior
Kai
Nygozy
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

VK - Nygozy, Kai, Wolfram, Griffinhart, Alistair and Zevran - Page 2 Empty Re: VK - Nygozy, Kai, Wolfram, Griffinhart, Alistair and Zevran

Post  Kai Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:18 pm

Kai scowled at the thought of leaving Nygozy alone but then looked her in the eye and nodded. Next he turned his attention to the other assassin. "Zevran, if anything happens to her while I'm gone I'll skin you alive. You too." He added with a glare in Alistair's direction. And then he was gone before either could open their mouths.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

VK - Nygozy, Kai, Wolfram, Griffinhart, Alistair and Zevran - Page 2 Empty Re: VK - Nygozy, Kai, Wolfram, Griffinhart, Alistair and Zevran

Post  Final Warrior Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:11 pm

Griffinhart was glad to be ahead of the main group, though he did not even know he felt glad. Better that he was away from their bickering and their nonsense, focusing instead on being vigilant - aware, awake, alive - and keeping them safe from ambush at the front. He had ridden ahead - still unwieldy on his beast, but no matter - removing his helmet and setting it on the horn of the saddle, for he had greater need for peripheral vision than head protection as point man, and prepared the somatic and verbal components to his Fade-magic.

The fireball rested in head and at hand, a signal flare ready to let loose at the slightest hostile provocation; the warrior let old habits take over and began to scan forward of himself - and, by proxy, of the party - both along the vertical and horizontal axes; for they did not travel on flat plains where one could see the lay of the land for days onwards, and danger did not always come from the same height.

Last edited by Final Warrior on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

http://www.innocentmachine.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:37 pm

Wolfram waited for Kai to be out of hearing distance before speaking. When he finally was, he looked over at Nygozy, and spoke, "While I appreciate his level of dedication towards you, he seems a little...unbalanced, maybe obsessed. If you don't mind me asking, why exactly would you need a bodyguard when you've slain a archdemon? No offense, King Alistair, but wouldn't the king be in greater need of a bodyguard than the Warden Commander? A Warden Commander can be replaced, but a King, not so much."

Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zevran Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:03 pm

"Well, to be honest Ser Wolfram, I can answer that one for you." Zevran piped up as he rode along the other side of the man, "You see, Nygozy left me in Denerim to take care of the King but Alistair, being who and what he is was much more worried about Nygozy as he felt that she was going to go into the Deep Roads and do something stupid like ... oh let's see ... ah yes, trying to find out if there was another Arch Demon down deep. She refused to take me back saying Alistair was more important so the two of us decided that she required someone else to watch over her so hired the youthful, obsessed Dalish you have acknowledged. So you see, he is not hired to care for King Alistair Theirin at all and we did give him the priority of making sure that the Warden Commander was well taken care of and the right to make sure to protect her even from herself. I on the other hand am the king's guard and so far, as you see, he has survived even with all of his jokes."
Zevran
Zevran

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:52 am

"Had there been a second Arch Demon, you wouldn't have had time to hire a bodyguard for the commander. If it was that easy for the darkspawn to find the old gods, than the Wardens would have slain them all and the order would be dead. Although, since the commander survived slaying the archdemon, that raised the a question I've been meaning to ask. The only way you could have survived was if you weren't a Gray Warden, yet only the Grey Wardens can kill an arch demon at the expense of their life. Since the blight was quelled, it's obvious that the demon was slain, however, there is no explanation for your survival."

He paused a bit, perhaps hesitant to divulge this info. It may make it appear as if he had ulterior motives for coming here, but he felt she deserved to know. "You see, back during the blight, I was slated to become the new Warden Commander, since at that point we had believed the Fereldan Wardens dead. When word that that blight had been ended, I was still intended to become the Warden Commander, but upon word that you survived, they decided it would be in the Warden's best interests to leave the hero in charge. You may not know this, but a number of wardens abroad still question how you survived. I requested to be the one to find out how."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:01 pm

''Ah, Wolfram, as always, Orlesian Wardens trying to mess things up. There are three veteran Ferelden Wardens alive, Wolfram, and they are not Nygozy or me. Had not been Nygozy the Commander, one of them should have been, don't you think, Josie?''

Alistair shrugged, looking around and petting his horse's mane absently. ''And it's none of your business that information, Wolfram. She survived, and that's all what matters''
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:20 pm

If it hadn't been for Zevran, Nygozy would have answered Wolfram but the assassin gave a good enough accounting of what had happened, as far as the warden needed to know. Any more would put to light what exactly her personal relationships were and that was not something she wished for him to know. It was likely he would hear soon enough if he hadn't already but she was not about to enlighten him.

More words and then Alistair acting defensively which was likely to catch Wolfram's attention. Alistair certainly was no diplomat as he wore his heart on his sleeve and that made her smile thinking of all the times he'd been so forward about everything and how he stammered when he had trouble lying or asking things. However, his approach could have tipped the Orlesian off as to the fact that Alistair had something to do with her survival.

"The fact that I had survived was what prompted me into considering a trip into the Deep Roads to see if there were hints I could find as to why this happened. It has been difficult to understand why the soul did not try to enter me and destroy us both." Nygozy shook her head as she thought of how much confusion she had gone through about that, wondering what she had done wrong and if she had somehow only delayed the Blight by only a short time.

"Calliara Mahariel, Bowen Pentaghast, and Gunnar Karanir are the three wardens the king just spoke of." She commented dryly, "They went through the joining then left Fereldan for reasons which are their own to tell. It is interesting that they would choose an Orlesian warden for the possible commander when Fereldan has been known to react so violently to anything from Orlais. In fact, the reason that King Cailen and our order was betrayed was because of a belief that the Orlesians would invade. That is a popular hatred within these borders and considering that we had been vanquished for so many years due to such things ..."

Nygozy went quiet, considering everything carefully, her eyes narrowed as her mind worked things out even further, "What reason did you say you came here again? To find out how I survived. What else?"
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:55 pm

"That is the matter, Alistair. You know as well as I do that a Warden is supposed to sacrifice their life slaying the Arch Demon. That's why an elder Warden is usually meant to deal the killing blow. But I'm sure Riordan explained it to you. I mean, he was a casualty of Denerim, he must have told you this." Wolfram replied.

"Considering the chaos that reportedly happened at Ostagar, we had no knowledge that there even were Wardens alive after the battle. And with the regent declaring wardens outlaws, any remaining wardens may have been killed for a bounty. Ferelden was struck by a civil war and the blighted armies were on the march. We had no way of confirming anything. When Riordan, maker bless him, was sent to Ferelden, the next thing we hear he had been killed in Denerim. And as for the Orlesian thing, I was born a Free Marcher, and raised Ferelden, and even resided in the Ferelden Circle of Magi for years until I fled with my sister to Orlais. They chose me because I'm more or less Ferelden at a time when we didn't know which Wardens yet lived, if any."

"My original intention was initially to find out how you broke the cycle that had claimed the lives of the slayers of the four previous arch demon. Now, I find my self intrigued by these Free Brothers The Shadow mentioned. As well as that elven keeper who travels through the fade. Regardless if I get my answers or not, that transfer orders bind me to Ferelden until I receive new orders to the contrary."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:00 pm

Kai had been back from his mission for several minutes but remained out of sight to listen to the conversation. He could tell the mage warden's questions were not ones Nygozy wanted to answer, so he decided now was a good time to announce his return.

He dropped the shadows and allowed himself to be spotted as he reached Nygozy's side. "All the groups have been briefed and are on the move Hero. Everyone seems to be settling in well although the recruits that just returned from Lothering are well... being themselves I suppose." Kai decided to keep his report short and fill Nygozy in on the other things he'd heard later. "I stopped by the supply train." He said with a grin as he handed her a small chunk of cheese he'd pilfered.

Then he turned his eye on the mage. "I know I'm not a warden, but may I suggest this might not be the best location for these conversations? You never know who or what may be listening."
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:16 pm

"Please forgive this following comment then. If there was someone nearby who could possibly be eavesdropping, wouldn't you or Zevran have noticed them by now?" Wolfram threw in. This kid set himself up for that. Why would he be trying to change the subject? Does he know something he does not? It's a little suspicious. In fact, Alistair was also trying to stop the conversation as well, even if he went about it without trying to change the subject, although bringing up Calliara, Bowen and Gunnar might count as changing the subject had he said it last.

"I'm getting the feeling you are hiding something. Something you plan on keeping hidden until you trust me to not report it. Fine. I'll drop that topic for now," Wolfram addressed. "If your wondering, why, it's because I don't think I've seen those two agree on a single thing so far, until this topic came up. Wolfram said pointing at Kai and Alistair.

"I'd also like to add that I was never interested in the position. I'm more of a researcher than a leader anyway. Besides, if I was forced to lead these people, I think I'd embark on my Calling to get away from the amount of stress brought on by certain individuals that I won't name."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:01 pm

"If they are a rogue, yes I would spot them. But have you noticed the amount of shifter mages around here? Every passing bird, bug, or rabbit could be a spy. Your horse could be a spy for all you know." Kai responded sneering at the mage.

Kai wasn't sure why, but antagonizing the mage was rather amusing. Almost as much fun as antagonizing Alistair.

Suddenly Kai was gone again from Nygozy's side and appeared next to Zevran and began whispering to him, filling him in on the placement of everyone in the group and other information he thought the other assassin would require.

Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:39 pm

"Of course. How did you know Sinjan's father just loves giving Grey Wardens horses that are actually apostates?" Wolfram replied. This Kai was being either being extremely paranoid or just trying to rile him a bit. "Would you like for me to use my blood control on every passing animal and see if they are really an animal?"

Kai neglected to reply and went off to talk with Zevran about something. "You might want to put that in writing! You never know what form a shape shifting mage might take!"
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:35 pm

Wolfram was tenacious with his curiosity which made Nygozy consider the man further in her examination of what she thought of him. He was going to be difficult about how she survived and it made her almost wish that Alistair had not told her how it was done. Sooner or later one of them would have to say something regarding the matter but how would one say this without more questions being brought up? The answer? There wasn't a way. Now, how to go about answering questions without complete disclosure. It was a good thing that she had learned how to deal with nobles and anyone else who had a keen mind to diplomacy and verbal espionage.

Kai returned bringing with him one of Nygozy's favorite things in the world. She had no clue that he'd actually swiped it from Alistair and not the supply train as he said it was. That gave her a moment's respite as she smiled at Kai for the present and nibbled it almost like a mouse, savoring every tiny morsel. It was too small to share with anyone, or more importantly she didn't really want to share.

The warden's questions were immediately derailed by Kai getting in on the discussion which gave Nygozy more time to consider how to discuss the topic carefully and without mistakes. She looked to Alistair and gave a chirp to him and winked, informing him that he was to go along with what she said and did. The warden commander hoped that Alistair remembered her signals as it could mean the difference between being heavily questioned or having the answers being accepted as the end all be all of that situation. At least for now.

As the assassin went to speak with the other assassin she had to restrain laughter at the teasing and then of Zevran looking in their direction and getting a wide grin on his face. It seemed that Kai also informed the mischievous elf of how easy Wolfram was to tease.

"It looks like you are starting to get the hang of the dynamics of the group." She commented to Wolfram after eating the last tiny morsel of cheese, "You have already been slated for jibing. I hope you feel proud of your accomplishment. As for your orders, they do not matter to me. What matters is you ability to work with myself and my division of the Gray Wardens. What you may have been slated for or not in the past is of no matter; however, you will find that my people are not as," There was a pause to get the right word, "Rigid as many of the others. They are as disciplined as any other warden when it comes to fighting and doing their duties. Otherwise, they are allowed to be as themselves and they do not pretend to get along when they do not. I prefer openness over fake platitudes."

Nygozy looked directly at Wolfram, allowing Palindrome to continue on as he would knowing that the war pony knew how to follow the others as she wished, "Now I shall be what I am best, frank with you. Or Francine, whichever you find best. The fact of the matter is that my friends are always concerned for my well being and anything to do with the Arch Demon has been a difficult affair for me. My life was spared and that was disconcerting. It took me by surprise as I had expected to die as would any other warden. Concern plagued my existence as Riordan's death seemed like a farce as was all the other sacrifices made because if I was not dead then the Arch Demon must have jumped to another being. At least that had been the belief. In time I found out that what had happened, my living through the killing of the Arch Demon had not been a wasted effort. With luck I had come into contact with one whom I traveled with before and was eventually informed that she had performed a ritual which removed the Arch Demon's soul so that it would not be able to come back and so that it would not kill any warden who affected the last blow. The spell must have been passed down to her by her mother at some point. In any case she did not tell me how it was done and disappeared soon after we saw each other."

There was no lies within her words even they had been edited but the truth stood as the truth and Nygozy only hoped that Wolfram was no better at finding loops in her words than all the diplomatic people she'd met who all could not tell the difference. She doubted he would be able to figure anything from her words or expressions and just hoped that Alistair would stay shut up. If he looked surprised it was fine as it would only look like he didn't know of the ritual either and was just relieved that Morigan had cast her spell.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:38 pm

Wolfram was surprised that Nygozy decided to answer even after their attempts to change the subject managed to work. Nygozy had informed him that he already started to integrate into their group, by way of Kai's recent behavior. She also told them of how strict she wasn't in terms of the personal lives and beliefs. "While I appreciate your openness with your people, I'd like to advise you that you may have to do more to step in on certain destabilizing elements in your company. From what it seems, however, this recent situation regarding these elements have barely been with you long enough to cause problems."

Wolfram took out his documents and began looking through his dossiers on companions. This ritual must be some kind of blood magic, or something equally as old which may be called that. He couldn't find any documents on who this person was, even though he did read that Nygozy had an apostate companion. "Now, that does explain things, but I'm left with more questions unfortunately. I have been provided with dossiers on your some of your companions. Alistair, Zevran, Wynne, the Sten, and Leliana are some examples, but I don't have anything on this individual you spoke of. Can you tell me her name, or better yet, the name of her mother? There is no way someone with knowledge of that sort of magic is not recorded somewhere. And before you ask, no I have only read enough about you to know what you look like and what you can do. Don't ask me where they got the info, but please, feel free to take them if you wish. I just needed them to help locate Nygozy."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:05 pm

Alistair mumbled something about people writing documents about other people without their permission, and kept that way for a while, listening to Wolfram and Nygozy talking.

''How many dossiers do you have?'' He asked suddenly, looking at the other Warden, eyebrows lifted and really curious. ''I shall be interested in reading some of them''
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:56 am

"While I appreciate your openness with your people, I'd like to advise you that you may have to do more to step in on certain destabilizing elements in your company. From what it seems, however, this recent situation regarding these elements have barely been with you long enough to cause problems."

Wolfram was certainly correct that there were some issues she was going to have to resolve with the newer people in the group. She had made herself very clear with the first wardens and others who had arrived but since then there have been more and a few were very vocal with their thoughts and attitudes. The only one she'd had trouble with before had been Lithawen and now there were more. She breathed out her nose derisively and shook her head.

"As I said, I prefer openness to fake platitudes; however, there is a limit for these attitudes and I do not take well to prejudism against others or actions which are hurtful. I expect the utmost care and courteous treatment towards others even if the wardens do not like them. The only reason to behave differently is if there is a danger." There was silence for a moment as she replayed the earlier happenings in her mind, "It is true that some felt that Kraven was a threat due to his actions but I had also made a stand down order which had been ignored. What happened was not tolerable from any Grey Warden or member of my group and those who have acted out of line today will be required to meet with me regarding that issue. These were newer members but that does not excuse their actions."

"Now, that does explain things, but I'm left with more questions unfortunately. I have been provided with dossiers on your some of your companions. Alistair, Zevran, Wynne, the Sten, and Leliana are some examples, but I don't have anything on this individual you spoke of. Can you tell me her name, or better yet, the name of her mother? There is no way someone with knowledge of that sort of magic is not recorded somewhere. And before you ask, no I have only read enough about you to know what you look like and what you can do. Don't ask me where they got the info, but please, feel free to take them if you wish. I just needed them to help locate Nygozy."

The fact that he had dossiers on almost everyone who she had been associated with was not pleasant news even though she knew that someone somewhere must have taken notes on them for the other branches of the order to know of them all. This is a concern she wished to address but Alistair took an interest before she spoke.

'How many dossiers do you have? I shall be interested in reading some of them''

"If you will submit them to us then it would be appreciated. Those dossiers are of interest. Did you wish to lend or give them away?" Nygozy considered her answer regarding her apostate friend then decided that even if she did not tell him that he would be able to find out almost anywhere anyway, "Why not? It's of legend and many do not believe it but her mother was the Witch of the Wilds, Asha'bellanar, or if you prefer, Flemeth. She raised Morrigan to be much like herself. I doubt I will ever see either of them again."

Nygozy had to chuckle about the last due to having killed Flemeth but Morrigan had told the dwarf tales of her mother which she did not take out of hand.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:19 am

"Yes, individuals like Kraven have very extreme prejudices, perhaps more than is actually warranted. However, Kraven needs to be watched, especially in these human areas. If he sees any elf getting harmed, he may lash out to extreme lengths. I hate to say it, but Kraven is a prime example of why mages get made tranquil. He has too much power and too much hate to not use it."

He paused, already with the knowledge that blood magic is also a reason for tranquility. He is always aware of the consequences of his actions, however Kraven is not. He is perhaps doing more harm to elven kind that good.

"As for the dossiers, I have a dozen, I think. I haven't really looked them over. I'll give them to you for now. Because of the Fade issue, I don't think I'll be able to do much of my normal research safely, so I may feel inclined to update them and maybe write some new ones during a slow week." Wolfram replied, taking out the bunch, carefully trying to keep them together. He put them back in his bag. "I'll hand them over later, when we aren't on the move."

"Flemeth? The Witch of the Wilds? Well, that is a very notable name. Normally I would question the authenticity of such a claim, but she is the only witch who may possess such knowledge alive today. It does make me wonder just what this ritual entailed, but it probably wasn't a very pleasant one. The only way of knowing would be to possess her grimoire, but if her daughter was the one to do it, I would suspect that it's now in Morrigan's hands."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:53 am

"Yes, individuals like Kraven have very extreme prejudices, perhaps more than is actually warranted. However, Kraven needs to be watched, especially in these human areas. If he sees any elf getting harmed, he may lash out to extreme lengths. I hate to say it, but Kraven is a prime example of why mages get made tranquil. He has too much power and too much hate to not use it."

"You see the situation quite well. I agree with you and it is one of the reasons that I wanted to speak with Kraven before he blipped out of existence. It is always difficult to work with beings who are of a higher level of capabilities than the majority of the planet's populace but it is doable. The full extend of this note worthy's skills is unknown and I do understand his reactions. I do not condone certain ways of showing that frustration but it will be worked out just as Rakot's issues will be."

She shuddered at the thought of the Tranquil, "It hurts seeing Tranquil. I keep wondering what the person was like and what happens when the person is made tranquil. Are they completely changed or is it like being on the other side of a window while someone else speaks for you and does what you should be doing? The thought of having no control, being deprived of most feelings. It is a horror story come to life. I admit I do not know what else to do with those who would become abominations but death is likely a better deal. And what if the person is turned Tranquil out of nothing more than having spoken out? I dare say that I am glad to be a dwarf and have no magical aptitude but it does make me fear for others."

"As for the dossiers, I have a dozen, I think. I haven't really looked them over. I'll give them to you for now. Because of the Fade issue, I don't think I'll be able to do much of my normal research safely, so I may feel inclined to update them and maybe write some new ones during a slow week. I'll hand them over later, when we aren't on the move.'

Nygozy started counting those she had spent much time with to account for dossiers. Of course there were the ones he mentioned. Alistair, Zevran, Wynne, the Sten, and Leliana. Morrigan must have been mentioned even if not by name. Oghren, Sandal and his father Bodahn, Sinjan, and Drake. Well there were twelve right there, "Thank you for allowing us to borrow those. It may be irrelevant for me to ask but are you intending upon creating and updating the dossiers for yourself or for the Orlesian order? I admit that dossiers are required; however, I am curious upon what they have. Also, it would be nice to be able to get these copied out for our own files."

Flemeth? The Witch of the Wilds? Well, that is a very notable name. Normally I would question the authenticity of such a claim, but she is the only witch who may possess such knowledge alive today. It does make me wonder just what this ritual entailed, but it probably wasn't a very pleasant one. The only way of knowing would be to possess her grimoire, but if her daughter was the one to do it, I would suspect that it's now in Morrigan's hands."

"That woman has a multitude of knowledge which is forever removed from mage's grasps. Many mages would probably drool at even the minute amount of information Flemeth knows. I admired her and still do. She is the reason that Alistair and I survived at Ostagar. It was quite a revelation."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:20 pm

"It's easy to fall victim to the power. I can easily become as powerful as him, but it would cost me greatly. I could even lose myself if the attempt. He may think he can contain it, but he might lose who he is if succumbs to his anger."

The discussion on tranquil surprised him. Most people don't care about the rights of mages, but hearing sympathy from a dwarf was surprising. The files did say that she was at the Circle of Magi. She would have seen tranquil there, no doubt. "Tranquil are emotionless husks of their former selves. There is nothing for them after death once they become tranquil. Some choose tranquility, others have it forced. Had I not joined the Wardens after becoming a blood mage, I would have been just another tranquil in the tower, if I survived the fight with the Templars."

"There are also dossiers on Calliara, Bowen, and Gunnar. They figured you would have some of your old companions as well as the other surviving wardens with you. As for the purpose, I think it might just be for myself, unless I get orders to return them. I may send copies to Weisshaupt to help update their record of the Ferelden Wardens. Wouldn't want you fading from history."

"So Flemeth saved you from Ostagar. Not surprising, all things considering. With such a reputation as hers, she probably foresaw perhaps a bit of your destiny. Considering the circumstances, her house would now be on blighted lands. It wouldn't be to safe to return there and try to see if she had any other such tomes hidden away. You said 'forever removed'...what did you mean by that? Do you mean Morrigan has seemingly vanished forever, or that Flemeth has?"
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:49 pm

Dark clouds swirled in, blocking out the sun. Intra-cloud lightning spread across the clouds lighting up the sky. The blots of electricity cascaded out from one cloud; jumping from cloud to cloud. As each burst of power hit the next cloud it too spread out. This was almost a constant effect, sending ribbons of purple, blue and white streams of power over the darkened sky.

The wind blew against the group; as if to knock them off their mounts.

Suddenly the show of lights was over and the wind disapeared all together.

Then without warning a large bright bolt of lightning blasted from the clouds overhead, and struck the ground near Wolfram's horse. This terrified the animal; it rose up, throwing the mage from its back. It tore up the ground as it galloped off out of sight.

The smell of burnt grass and ozone filled the senses of those around the blast. Chucks of dirt had been thrown into the air; raining down upon the riders.

As the dust settled and cleared; Kraven was kneeling before them on one knee; his head down.

He rose from the ground; his eyes filled with rage as energy cascaded across his body.

He marched right up to the fallen mage, staring down at him with contempt.

Before Wolfram could react, Kraven pulled him off the ground holding him in the air with one extended arm.

"Unwarranted? Really?" His voice sent shivers through the people around him, the hairs on their arms stood up.

"And to think such a fool could be a mage. You really think you could handle the power that was thrust upon me? You really think you could come by it EASILY?" The strands of energy that cascaded across his body threw themselves onto the helpless mage. Pain erupted all over his body; it was as if every nerve was on fire.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:12 pm

As soon as the first of the clouds began to darken the sky Kai sprinted to Nygozy's side. When the lightening began he had a good idea what was coming. He had been eavesdropping on the conversation while he walked with Zevran. Elven hearing was good and despite his warning the human mage was not exactly quiet.

Kai had winced to himself when Wolfram spoke so offhandedly about the plight of the elves and the power of the ancient insane elf. Now the sky showed that Kai had not been the only one eavesdropping.

As lightning began to tear up the sky Kai grabbed the reigns of both Nygozy and Alistair's horses and began leading the pair away from the mage as quickly as he could get them to go. Once they were a bit away he assumed Zevran would take care of Alistair and he gracefully hoped up behind Nygozy to better be able to shield her from whatever was to come. He wrapped his arms around the little dwarf and grabbed the reigns tightly. "Hold on Hero, I think the keeper is pissed. Again. Why can humans never keep their mouth's shut?"
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:15 pm

"There are also dossiers on Calliara, Bowen, and Gunnar''

''Maker's breath, let me read those. Specially Bowen's. Here, here, let me'' Alistair tried to get them, but Kraven chose that very moment to appear, and suddenly Kai grabbed his horse's reigns so the King almost fell from the horse.

''And here goes the day again...''
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:22 pm

"Well that was quite-" Wolfram was cut off as Kraven lifted him in the air. He figured that Kraven would be listening in. The only reason Kraven appeared was because Nygozy mentioned Kraven by name, while he was only attempting to hint at him at first. Once she use his name, he ended up using it as well.

"I said 'perhaps'"

Kraven cut him off again. Wolfram tried grabbing his knife. If he acted fast enough, he could use his blood magic to stop him. Unfortunately, he dropped his knife just as Kraven attacked. The attacked surged through him viciously, only proving what he had said about him. The pain was great, but didn't compare to the joining. He managed to cling on to consciousness when the attack finally ceased.

"Kraven...your hurting your cause. Hurt me all you like, you'll never be accepted by anyone like that."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:57 pm

As the duo drew closer they could now spot figures in the distance.

"Looks like its our elven 'friend' with emotional problems. Must have come back lacking an audience to listen to his whining."

"Heh, that would explain a lot, but not the fact that I can see Wolfram hanging in the air. Like I said before, treat all knife ears as insane until they prove otherwise, this one just confirmed my theory yet again."

Nearing the group, the two jumped down from their horses and unsheathed their weapons, sprinting forward.
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:08 pm

High in the sky an eagle wheeled and turned lazily on the currents watching all the people slide slowly by below. For a time everything was calm. then the sky began to boil and sizzle above one of the groups. When the lightening died down the eagle was able to glide closer for a better look.

At first it seemed all was under control. The blond elves were protecting the commander and the king and the stranger was only threatening an unknown human. But then two men rode up on horses and drew their weapons, heading straight for Kraven. The eagle owed the strange elf her life and would not let these men harm him. She also feared they may harm the commander or the king.

With a screech the eagle dove toward the earth infront of the two men. At the last moment it pulled up and suddnely a giant black bear took its place. The bear stood on its hind legs between the humans and the elf and roared a warning. It roared to warn the strange men to stand down, but also to make the Commander aware of the human presence and to ask for her instruction on how to handle these men.
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next