Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Raphael Griffinhart I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Raphael Griffinhart I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Raphael Griffinhart I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Raphael Griffinhart I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Raphael Griffinhart I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Raphael Griffinhart I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Raphael Griffinhart I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Raphael Griffinhart I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Raphael Griffinhart I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Raphael Griffinhart

Go down

Raphael Griffinhart Empty Raphael Griffinhart

Post  Final Warrior Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:05 am

Raphael Griffinhart Nomercyg

Raphael Griffinhart GriffinhartPony-1

Raphael Griffinhart Raphaelg

Character Name: Raphael Griffinhart
Sex: Male
Race: Human

Class: Warrior/Mage
Specializations: Spirit Warrior, Arcane Warrior
Favored skills: Dual-wielding swords, acts of violence in general.

Personality: "My word is my honor. My honor is my life."
The Grey Wardens that know of Raphael Griffinhart know, at the very least, of his reluctance - perhaps his refusal - to associate and fraternize with others. Among the Wardens, as among most social creatures, it is expected that everyone will want time to themselves every so often. But Raphael takes that want to a whole new level: he is spoken of, or spoken to, but never spoken with. His taciturn nature stems from distrust, a black betrayal that no one but that man that inducted him into the Wardens - a man now known only in the Wardens' histories and in the darkness of the Deep Roads - knows.
Instead of socializing with others, Raphael spends any of his free time in deep meditation or in deep training. He is usually found either in quiet, stone-like stillness, calming his mind and soul, perhaps even crossing into Fade-dreams and communing with demons and spirits; or putting his skills as a Mage, trained as a Warrior, to use, either in a training room or out on a field of battle.
But the most important aspect of his nature, and the one that his commanders most value, is his absolute, unwavering loyalty and commitment to an order. The warrior has always delivered results - even when ordered to work with others, Raphael has blended in with a group well, on a tactical level (aesthetically, his brooding nature makes him stand out like a sore thumb), knowing his place and using his experiences to achieve the best possible outcome: everything that needs to be dead, being dead and everything else alive. Once given an order, Raphael follows it to the absolute letter.
It has yet to be seen what would happen if he were given conflicting orders, or if he were ordered to "make friends".

Hobbies: "There is killing to be done."
Killing darkspawn (as well as anything else that would try and harm him), practicing personal combat, being vague and taciturn. Raphael is not a particularly ambitious man, in the same sense that everyone has ambitions. He has two goals - "kill darkspawn" and "protect innocents". Everything he does, therefore, is to achieve these two goals. Hobbies are generally a waste of time for someone with such focused sociopathy.

Background: "I am your sword."
Where did the man bearing the name of the near-mythical, now extinct mounts of the Grey Wardens come from? The histories indicate Anderfels. Recruited young and sent to Ferelden at word of the Blight, Raphael did not arrive until the moment of the slaying of the Archdemon, and felt its fall. But something about the man does not feel... Anders. He speaks the Fereldan language without flaw and does not act in a way that indicates any more piety towards Andraste than is usual - indeed, he has never been seen giving public prayer or tribute to the Maker's Bride. Then again, he speaks so little that few even recall what his voice sounds like...
But his outright refusal to associate with others, his pure, single-minded focus on killing do reveal something about his past, when taken into account his long journey to reach Ferelden simply because he was ordered to: first, few Grey Wardens in Anderfels care about anywhere other than Anderfels. Second, Anderfels needs all its Grey Wardens, as the threat of darkspawn is persistent and constant in a way that can only be rivaled by the Deep Roads.
Obviously, Raphael's presence in Ferelden is a punishment - sent away from home to die in a foreign land (if, indeed, Anderfels was ever his home in the first place). But a punishment for what? And that haunted look in his eye... what happened to him, to put such tired hatred in those eyes? None have ever tried to find out - most are willing to live and let live, others are perfectly satisfied with Raphael as long as he continues to be brutally efficient at killing darkspawn, and the rest aren't particularly keen in trying to converse with a wall.

Appearance: "Dress to kill."
A mane of steel-silver hair, usually unkempt, framing a face worn with bitter hatred and betrayal, aqua-argent eyes that, beneath the deadness, belie a world-weariness entirely unbefitting someone who is still so young - eyes that have seen things not meant to be seen by anyone, living or dead, human, elf, darkspawn, spirit, or otherwise.
Six foot and a quarter, Raphael moves with the lithe elegance of a man used to navigating a battlefield - instinctively noticing obstacles and going over them, or around them if that's not possible (or appropriate). He moves with confidence, born of surety of self - he is the only thing he can rely on. He moves powerfully, a brewing tempest in his being - he is a storm unleashing its fury without mercy or grace.

Weapons/Armor: "I am a weapon."
The panoply of a soldier born and bred, of a knight that fell and dragged himself from the brink of death, of a Warden that spurns the companionship of his brothers and sisters, is neither elegant nor elaborate. It is efficient and effective. Several blades visibly adorn his person: a long blade at his waist on his left, a short on the right. A third sword, also long in length, is secured to his back, its hilt emerging over his right shoulder for a left-handed draw. A knife, six inches long and single-edged, is sheathed neatly against the front of his left shoulder for an easy right-handed draw.
Clad in black and silver, the old colors of an old house no longer gracing Anderfels, a battle-tattered hooded cloak that shrouds the armory and armor beneath: a composition most unbefitting the rituals of mages and the parades of regiments, leather and chain and plate slapped together in a way that, although appearing to be haphazard and dangerous to the wearer, lets Raphael move the way he moves while protecting him as he does so. But not only does it serve to protect, but it serves to kill (as most things in Raphael's possession are wont to do): surreptitious spikes protrude three inches from his forearms at the elbows for lethal strikes, and similarly so from his shins. The knuckles of his gauntlets are reinforced, not simply armored, meant to deliver bone-shattering blows when necessary. Finally, a fearsome, faceless helm caps this frightful form, a smooth plate that barely conforms to something face-like in appearance, with several slits cut for breathing and two furious holes from which Raphael peers, surveying the world that his his battlefield. Three low crests rise from his helmet: one at the top, the other two between the top crest and the side of the helm, recurving to make for tremendously murderous headbutts.

Note: Pony by Fei. Sprite by Dragonis.

---
Buh. Not sure if I'm satisfied with this. But I've been up since 1PM (it's 7AM where I am right now) and my contacts are really messing with my eyes. There may be fixes/edits/whatnot later.

Also, hello everyone.

-- Griffinhart

Last edited by Final Warrior on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:53 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Pictures~)
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

http://www.innocentmachine.com

Back to top Go down

Raphael Griffinhart Empty Re: Raphael Griffinhart

Post  Final Warrior Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:18 pm

Tropes

Anti-Hero: Specifically, Type IV.

Awesomeness By Analysis: Know your enemy; use their weaknesses.

Badass Longcoat: Cold moonlight shines down on a solitary standing figure amidst a bloody warground, two blades flickering in and out of view as the ragged hem of a black cloak whips about in the wind...

Bad Dreams: It comes with the Gray Warden business.

Berserk Button: Do not harm innocents around Griffinhart if you get squeamish at the thought of bleeding to death.

Black Cloak: Yes, actually. A surprisingly heavy one. Not necessarily indicative of evil, though.

Blood Knight: Griffinhart has no greater ambition than killing darkspawn.

Combat Pragmatist: There is no such thing as "fighting dirty" in Griffinhart's lexicon; there is "fighting" and there is "dying".

Covered With Scars: All over on the outside, all over on the inside.

Dark And Troubled Past: And present, and future...

Dark Is Not Evil: But that doesn't mean he's good, either.

Don't You Dare Pity Me: Griffinhart knows what the word "pity" means, just not why you would ever need to use it.

Every Scar Has A Story: Griffinhart isn't a storyteller, but his flesh is.

Face Death With Dignity: Or rather, with a purpose.

Good Scars, Evil Scars: And scars of other, less clear-cut alignments, too. The big one that runs vertically down over his right eye, for example...

Heroic Self Deprecation: "I am your sword."

Hidden Depths: Despite being terrible at interpersonal relationships, Griffinhart's paranoid perception of the world around him gives him insight into people and their motivations that is not wrong in its entirety.

I Gave My Word: "My word is my honor. My honor is my life."

Jade Colored Glasses: See Bad Dreams, above.

Kick Them While They Are Down: He wouldn't be a proper Combat Pragmatist if he didn't.

Knight In Sour Armor: Paranoid and distrustful of anyone and everyone sapient enough to have conscious thought, and yet Griffinhart has sacrificed himself to a cause meant to keep those anyones and everyones from being Blighted off the face of Thedas.

Knife Nut: Griffinhart keeps several knives close at hand, and a certain one close at heart.

Lawful Neutral: Griffinhart lives by his oaths; and he would die by them.

Lightning Bruiser: Hard living in the Anderfels, coupled with years of training as a warrior under the watchful eyes of the Gray Wardens, has resulted in this. Being able to maintain a Haste spell doesn't hurt, either.

Magic Knight: His Fade-magic is focused on self-improvement, but he is just as capable of lobbing a fireball downrange.

No Sympathy: "What does not kill you, makes you stronger."

Nerves of Steel: Calm and collected and calculating, even as he dodges death and brings others to theirs.

Not Afraid To Die: But don't think that means he'll lie down and let it come easy.

Physical Scars, Psychological Scars: The memories might fade, but the flesh never forgets.

Scars Are Forever: At this point, he's probably more scar tissue than not.

Silly Rabbit, Idealism Is For Kids: He's a bitter, cold person, having killed without protest or flinching... but he does it for a good cause. Or so he tells himself.

The Stoic: And some day, all those bottled-up emotions are going to kill him and everyone else around him.

Tranquil Fury: Cold and calculating kills more precisely than bellicose and berserking.

The Unfettered: Because otherwise, how would he be able to do his best at killing people?

Weapon of Choice: Dual-wielding swords. This doesn't preclude other weapons, of course; "A true weapon master is a weapon, armed or not."

We All Die Someday: So make your death meaningful. "In death, sacrifice."

White-Haired Pretty Boy: Well, "pretty" is up to the beholder, but the silver hair covers the "white" part.

---
More will be added as appropriate.

I'm still dissatisfied with that charsheet...

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

http://www.innocentmachine.com

Back to top Go down