Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Journey from Highever to the North Road - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Journey from Highever to the North Road - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Journey from Highever to the North Road - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Journey from Highever to the North Road - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Journey from Highever to the North Road - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Journey from Highever to the North Road - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Journey from Highever to the North Road - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Journey from Highever to the North Road - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Journey from Highever to the North Road - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Journey from Highever to the North Road

3 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Journey from Highever to the North Road - Page 3 Empty Re: Journey from Highever to the North Road

Post  Sloane Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:00 pm

"Yuck! Looks like the maid quit." Sloane commented as she was assaulted by yet another giant spiderweb.

Suddenly Sobaka started barking and jumping around just as Kaine and Selene began looking intently at the ground.

"Sloane, take a look at the ground, take a very close look."

Sloane stopped Loshad and looked down around the horses hooves. "That's just disgusting! I specifically asked for interesting, not disgusting." She shook her head and turned Loshad so she could see the others but still keep an eye ahead of them as well. "Lamont, how long has it been since you last took this path?"
Sloane
Sloane

Back to top Go down

Journey from Highever to the North Road - Page 3 Empty Re: Journey from Highever to the North Road

Post  Kaine Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:34 pm

"About a year or two. Most people I guide through the mountains don't like it because it goes under the mountain and not over it." Lamont shrugged.

"Well, lets press forward so we can find a good campsite for the night."

The group traveled for an hour or so, and finally reached what seemed to be the end of the trail. There were no insects around here, as they had left them behind about half an hour ago.

The torch light outlined what looked to be a cave that lend into the mountain. Beams of stone and wood seemed to brace the sides of the entrance.

"Looks like an old mine of some sort." Kaine commented as he saw the faint lines of a railing hiding underneath the dirt.

"That be what it is ser." Lamont said.

"Lets set up camp here, and set out to go down in the morning." Kaine commanded.

Selene slid off her horse, rubbing her rear, "Gah, Now I know why I walked everywhere." she said as he went about unpacking her gear, and setting up a nice cozy place to sleep.
Kaine
Kaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloane Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:07 pm

As they set up camp for the night Sloane began digging in the packs of one of the mules."I'm going to set some snares up the trails a bit, see if we can cat some rabbit or something." Sloane took her bow and arrow and Sobaka and headed back up the trail. About 20 minutes from camp she set a line of snare traps, then headed back to camp and set another about 15 minutes from camp. She wasn't likely to catch much, but it was worth a shot.

When she got back to camp she was still wrestless. The quiet was still unnerving her. Lamont had stew on the fire already when she returned so she was off the hook for cooking tonight. "Anyone up for a sparing match before dinner?" She called as she made her way back into camp.
Sloane
Sloane

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaine Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:01 pm

Kaine looked up from his meal as Sloane re-entered the campsite.

"Anyone up for a sparing match before dinner?"

Kaine grinned, "What do I get if I win?" He asked as he stood up. He cracked his neck a few times, and stretched out, getting his muscles all nice and limber.

He unstrapped his sword, and laid it on the ground. His fingers flicked the claw mechanism open and closed, testing to make sure everything was in working order.

He started doing some martial arts training exercises; moving his body very gracefully around the camp site. His kicks, punches, and open handed strikes struck out with perfection; causing the air around them to snap.

Kaine
Kaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloane Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:48 pm

"Winner doesn't have to do any camp chores tonight or tomorrow morning?" Sloane suggested. She knew he was fishing for something else but she wasn't going to make it that easy for him.

She placed her shield, sword, quiver, and bow away, and her few most obvious daggers. "No weapons of any sort," She said glancing at his gaultlet claws. Sloane kept her leather armor pants and tunic on but removed her gloves and began stretching and warming up. She kept a very close eye on Kaine while doing so.
Sloane
Sloane

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaine Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:02 pm

Kaine raised an eyebrow at her and chuckled, "Sure, no weapons." He un-clipped his gauntlets and let them fall to the ground.

Selene, and Lamont stared at his right hand for a moment, seeing the skeleton fingers clench and unclench.

Kaine smiled evilly at them, and gave them a wink.

"No weapons it shall be."

Soon the rest of his armor dropped to the ground, as it had been designed to take off and put on as quickly as possible.

He took off his leather under coat, showing off his impressive muscles that rippled all over his chest, stomach and arms. Well, all but the right arm, because from shoulder to his finger tips it was all bone. Red and blue streams of energy seemed to flow around the bones, almost like a blood flow of sorts.

Kaine
Kaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloane Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:41 pm

Sloane was far too well battle trained to react to Kaine's arm as he removed his armour. She had known he was hiding something since be bathed, and even tumbled with his armour on, and she had heard rumours. She wondered briefly if it had the same strength and durability as a normal arm but then she figured he wouldn't have removed his armour if it didn't.

Sloane mearly shrugged and finished her warmup and then stepped toward a clear open space on the edge of the camp, away from the horses and the fire. "Ready for a whooping boss?" She called to Kaine putting up her fists.
Sloane
Sloane

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaine Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:27 pm

"Ready for a whooping boss?" She called to Kaine putting up her fists.

Kaine grinned at her, as he put his feet shoulder width apart. His right foot foward and his left foot back; his knees were slightly bent. His right side faced her, as he put his left arm above his head and his right skeletal arm extended before him.

His right hand beckoned her to attack.
Kaine
Kaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloane Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:24 am

Sloane approached Kaine slowly and catiously, observing his reactions to her moves. She stayed light on her feet to use her agility and speed to her advantage. She advanced and retreated several times and threw a few fake punches to gage his reations.

Finally she went in for her first real attack. She came in on his right, wanting to test out his strange arm. It was a serious unknown in this fight, and unknowns could get you killed in battle. She needed to break his stance so she could get his legs out from underneath him.

Making a fake grab for his right arm she kicked out with her left leg, aiming for the back of his right knee.
Sloane
Sloane

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaine Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:33 pm

Kaine grinned as he follow her every move. When she stepped forward he would step back; when she would step to the side, he would step the opposite way, circling her.

He looked into her eyes as he watched every move she made. He watched as her eyes would look for an opening, knowing that her muscles would tense up upon attack, allowing him the opportunity to defend.

He saw the fake punch coming and as she went to kick him on the back of the knee he brought his right leg up, placing it behind her just as she struck down causing her to miss. Kaine used Sloane's momentum against her as he went to slam his arm into her back which would cause her to stumble forward and be off balance.
Kaine
Kaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloane Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:08 pm

Sloane knew as soon as she began her kicked that it wasn't going to connect, but it was too late to stop. Instead of trying to abort she continued through with the move and continued forward as she knew Kaine would try to push her. When his attack came she went with the flow and instead of stumbling she propelled forward and ducked her head, trying to roll out of his range and hopefully connect a foot with his face on the way past.
Sloane
Sloane

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaine Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:43 pm

Kaine spun around while completing his move. Sloane was coming out of hers as she went into a round house kick aiming for Kaine's Head.

Kaine barely had enough time to deflect the blow with his left arm. As she brought her foot up, he countered with a low round house kick to her exposed leg.
Kaine
Kaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloane Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:41 pm

Sloane grunted as she felt Kaine's foot impact her leg. It wasn't a full contact, but it still hurt and threw her off balance. She landed unevenly, but managed to spring out of his reach before he could react to her weakness. She regained her feet and grinned. This is going to be a good match she thought to herself before jumping back into the fight.

Fifteen minutes later Sloane was sweating and breathing heavily. She had dozens of new bruises blossoming under her armor and knew the end was in sight. Kaine was larger and stronger, and far too fast for someone of his size. In a straight out fist fight she was at a serious disadvantage.

She decided on one last desperate ditch effort. She got low and ran at Kaine as if she was going to ram him. At the last second she aimed her feet at his leg and slid, trying to get enough force to knock him off his feet.
Sloane
Sloane

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaine Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:20 am

Both Sloane and Kaine were full of bruises, and beginning to tire. Kaine had a cracked lip and his nose was bleeding, but not broken.

His muscular chest was full of fist size bruises, as well as a long one across his stomach from a round house kick that Sloane had skillfully landed.

Kaine knew that she was a good fighter, yet still needed more practice at hand to hand combat. She didn't quite use her speed to her advantage and tried to come at him with force, which was not wise when facing a stronger opponent.

Kaine saw her last ditch attempt as she tried to take his legs out from underneath him. He could only shake his head as again she used force instead of her speed. He easily side stepped her attack; all she did was slide right past him.

He looked down at her and smiled.

"You're a good fighter Sloane, but you keep trying to use strength against a stronger opponent."

He grasped her forearm and helped her to her feet.

"You are amazing with your sword and shield. However, you need to learn how to defend yourself if you are ever disarmed. Once disarmed you most likely will face someone who still has their weapon which will put you at a great disadvantage."

He went at sat near the fire and began tending his wounds; even though he knew that they would heal quickly.

Selene came over to him, "Allow me to help you." She smirked at him, giving Kaine a seductive smile.

Kaine grabbed her wrist with his skeletal hand as she went for a cloth. Selene instantly withdrew her hand as she felt the cold touch of bone. She took a step back, looked at the arm with disbelief.

"I heard stories...." her voice trailed off as she took a seat on the other side of the fire. All she could do was look into the flames.

Kaine grimaced, and immediately covered it up with his specially made armour. This armour consisted of the gauntlet, Vambrace, Rerebrace, Pauldrons and Couters all interconnected. It opened up on one side that allowed him to place his arm inside, and then snap it shut. He had this specially made so that he could easily get in and out of his armour without help. When it came time to attach his Cuirass, there was a clip that would attach to the pauldrons; which held the same purpose of the interconnecting pieces.

He instinctively extended his claws to make sure they were in working order; after which he retracted them.

He glared at Selene for a moment as he returned to tending to his wounds.
Kaine
Kaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloane Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:14 pm

Sloane sighed in defeat. She knew her last attack was stupid but she was tired and sore and wanted to eat dinner. She listened and nodded as Kaine spoke. "Most foes I face are mages. They aren't usually that strong, or well trained in hand to hand. It has been a long time since I had a strong opponent to face. Most of my sparing partners are drunk. We will need to practice more. Later."

The dark haired templar walked over to the fire and began removing her armor to inspect the damage. Bruises in all shapes and sizes covered her body, including some odd shaped ones she guessed were from Kaine's skeletal arm. Sloane was not the shy type and didn't seem to care that everyone could see her sitting around in her underclothes.

She dipped a cloth in some cold water and began cleaning up her injuries. She was bleeding from a cut on her jaw as well as some scraped on her hands. Hands really weren't the best weapon and she grimmaced at her raw knuckles.

Once she was done tending her wounds she slipped on a light tunic and pants and then grabbed a bowl of food and sat down next to Kaine. "So how does that arm of yours work boss? it looks like a skeleton, but it sure punches like a solid arm, I've the bruises to prove that! At first I was afraid it would shatter when I hit it, but it sure seems solid." She looked at him with genuine curiosity in her eyes. While she guessed many people may find it disturbing she found it fascinating and wanted to know more.
Sloane
Sloane

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaine Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:48 pm

As Sloane sat there in her underclothes he watched as he finished tending to his wounds. smirking at her openness.

"So how does that arm of yours work boss? it looks like a skeleton, but it sure punches like a solid arm, I've the bruises to prove that! At first I was afraid it would shatter when I hit it, but it sure seems solid."

Kaine looked into her eyes as he spoke, "I had a brutal run in with an apostate a while back, probably before you even joined the Templars. The Reapers had only been together for a short while, he handled most of the stuff that regular templars wouldn't go near."

He paused a moment, taking a long swing from his water flask, "This was an unusually powerful mage, it almost baffled us how powerful he really was. As my men stood in front of him, battered, he went to cast one last spell that would have roasted them alive. I dove in front of them; the fire blast roasted my arm to the point that all the flesh was scarred and melted off. So much that even powerful healers wouldn't have been able to heal me."

He looked down at his arm, he clenched and unclenched his hand. He looked back up at her, "I however had a few people in my group that that saved my life. Yes, one was a mage, the other a dwarven rune crafter. Hell, I even had a tranquil; but he was kinda crazy and still had some emotional out bursts from time to time. Anyways, the dwarf and mage worked hard and long and came up with a solution. They infused me with high concentrations of lyrium. And when I mean high, I mean lethal doses that would drive a man insane. Everything is regulated by these lyrium tattoos, which also keep me alive."

He grabbed her hand, and ran her fingers over some of the tattoos on his chest. Sloane could feel that they were more than just tattoos, they were groves in his skin, something she didn't notice in their previous throes of passion.

"The lyrium flows along what remains of my arm, giving it life, allowing me to continue my work. Without it I'd be a one armed man drunk in a ditch somewhere; or even dead."

Kaine sighed heavily, "It is hard to owe my life to a mage, however, he is one of my reapers so it is a bit different. If it wasn't for the quick response of my men getting me back to our sanctum I would surely have been dead. That mage is still out there somewhere. I have vowed to rip him limb from limb for what he has done."

"There is one small side effect to all of this. Healers are useless to me, as is most beneficial magic. The high concentration of lyrium that flows through my body prevent magics from taking hold on me. Might you, I can still be burned by fire, and frozen by ice. I have no illusions that I am immune to the effects of mage, no one is fully immune. However, I do have one slight advantage, blood mages can no longer enthrall me with their demonic powers. For my blood is not even blood. There is so little blood that flows through me now that their magic has no real effect on me."

He looked at his greyish skin and shook his head sadly, "Of course, that has also made me look like a lifeless corpse in return. There is no such thing as perfect magic. There is always consequences for its use, but most mages do not even realize this, and go about causing ruin and destruction where ever they go."

He looked over at Selene, "Yes, even those who try to do good."

He looked back at Sloane, brushing a stray hair out of her face with his unarmoured hand.

"You are the only one I have ever shared this with. I have never truly been close to anyone, however, you seem different. You are a strong willed woman who can hold her own in a battle, even when the odds are stacked against her. You have guile, and know how to use it to your advantage. And you are beautiful."

He paused again, running his hand over his dreadlocks, and pushing some of them out of his face.

"I respect you Sloane and I hope even after this mission is over, we can continue to fight side by side. Even you joining the Reapers if you wanted. You're not a crazed blood thirsty lunatic like most of us, but I am sure you will do just fine."

He smirked at her with that last comment and gave her a wink.

"I would lay down my life for you. I just want you to know that."
Kaine
Kaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloane Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:12 pm

"I doubt it was before I joined the Templars. You're not that much older than me and I was sent to train with them when I was thirteen." After this comment she fell silent and watched him as he spoke. The memories obviously weren't pleasant ones and she did not want to interrupt.

She stared at him as he ran her hand over his tattooes. How had she not noticed the feel of them before? She must have been very distracted. Sloane reached her other hand up to her face and ran them over the tattooes on her cheek, noticing the very distinct difference.

When he complimented her she turned slightly red and was momentarily speechless. No one who knew the real her ever complemented her in such a way. Most were far too afraid of her. Sure she had been told she was beautiful before, but usually by the men she took to bed who had no idea of what she was really capable of. Most men where intimidated by a woman who could kill them many times over in a minute.

"A reaper eh? I have always gone where the order sends me. I was raised first by the chantry and then by the templars. They are more than just my job, they are my family, my life. But it is certainly something to think about. Luckily this is a long term mission and will not be over anytime soo I imagine."

"I would lay down my life for you. I just want you to know that."

Sloane halted and looked at him for a minute. "And I for you boss." She looked at him a minute longer and then shook her head. "Alright, since I lost I guess I have some work to do." With an exhaggerated sigh she got to her feet and set about doing her and Kaine's camp chores as the light began to fail. She worked in silence, her head full of thoughts and emotions she wasn't used to.

Finally when her work was complete she sat down by the fire once more and began applying an ointment from her pack onto the worst of her injuries. Damn was she going to be sore in the morning.
Sloane
Sloane

Back to top Go down

Post  Selene Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:51 pm

Selene half listened to Kaine as he told the story behind his arm and tattoos.

She had heard rumors of a warrior who was like death. Now she knew the rumors to be true.

As Sloane got up and began doing chores around the camp, Selene got up and walked over to her and began helping her with the chores she had to do.

They worked in silence as they went about the camp, neither really paying much attention to the other.

When Sloane went to tend to her wounds again, Selene kneeled before her, smiled, taking the ointment and setting it beside her.

Selene closed her eyes for a moment; a blue aura soon enveloped her. As she touched Sloane, the aura extended to her; surrounding her body.

She felt a warm and safe feeling wash over her as the aura cleansed her; healing all of her wounds.

She smiled again, took the ointment gave it back to Selene and walked away without a word. The aura soon faded from them both as the magic was released.

Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaine Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:59 pm

Sloane went about her chores, Kaine could only smile at her.

He stood up, grabbed his sword from its scabbard; allowing the fire light to catch the red lyrium core of the blade.

He ran his hand up the blade, feeling every curve, every rune.

Then without a word he jumped up, over his pack, and began going through a martial routine. Soon he was in such a rhythm that you could hear the blade as it cut through the air.

As he neared the end of his routine, he jumped up and screamed. The sound echoed through the camp and down the canyon path; the air seemed to vibrate. As he came down he plunged the sword into the rocky ground; red and blue sparks shot up into the air as steel cut through stone. The blade had sunk half way into the ground.

Kaine grinned evilly and again with stone grinding against steel he removed the blade.

Lamont watched the whole spectacle; realizing that this man could pretty much cleave another in two. He was glad they were on the same side.
Kaine
Kaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloane Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:24 pm

Sloane closed her eyes as Selene cast a spell to heal her. She never would have asked for the healing as she despised the feel of magic being cast on her, but she was sure she would be glad of it in the morning. Gritting her teeth against the feeling she waited with eyes closed as the spell did it's work. "Thank you." She said quietly as the other woman walked away.

She watched Selene in silence for a moment before her thoughts were interrupted by Kaine's scream. Sloane was instantly on her feet and a dagger appeared in her hand, seemingly from nowhere as she searched for the danger. "Sod it boss! Don't scare a girl like that!" She exclaimed when she realized what the noise was.

Sloane put away her ointment and then laid out her bedroll by the fire. "Whose turn is it for first watch?" She asked as she stiffled a yawn, hoping it wasn't her.
Sloane
Sloane

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaine Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:03 pm

"Sorry about that, needed to get that outta my system." Kaine stated.

"When we were sparing I had to keep my berserk rage in check, it needed a release."

"You guys sleep through the night, I will take full watch." Kaine said as he suited up, strapping his sword to his back.

He looked over the camp site; his eyes wandering to the dark maw of the cave. He wondered what things crawled around down there, but knew he would soon find out.

He strolled to the canyon path, standing at full attention. He stood there, keeping a look out for anything that may come their way.

He listened, as he heard the scurrying of creatures in the dark; yet he saw nothing come into the light of the roaring camp fire.

Kaine
Kaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloane Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Sloane looked up at Kaine doubtfully when he said he'd stand watch all night, but she was too tired to argue. She suspected Selene had put some sort of sleeping compulsion into the healing, as she should not be so tired. With another yawn She curled up in her sleeping bag with Sobaka and was instantly asleep.

Despite how tired she was when she went to sleep Sloane didn't stay asleep for long. Perhaps two hours after she had gone to sleep she woke with a start. She didn't know what had woken her as all seemed quiet, the fire burning low in the ring of rocks. Sliding out of her sleeping bag she slipped on her boots and made her way over to Kaine who was still standing at the canyon entrance.

She stood beside him silently for several minutes listening to the sounds of the night before she spoke. "About earlier, I... thank you for sharing your story with me. I know how lonely it can get when your job requires everyone to fear you." Again she fell silent staring into the darkness and listening to the sounds of the night.
Sloane
Sloane

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaine Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:54 pm

Kaine glanced over at Sloane as she approached.

"About earlier, I... thank you for sharing your story with me. I know how lonely it can get when your job requires everyone to fear you."

"You do know that I will tear your heart out and eat it if you tell anyone, right?" he said with a chuckle.

"Yes, fear. No one but the rest of the Reapers have seen me outside of my full armour, helmet and all. It was specifically made to strike fear in to those that I stood against. Along with being a trophy of a dragon I slayed"

He paused a moment; choosing his next words carefully.

"I know you have a certain dedicated to the chantry, and to the Templars. That is all well and good. However, a lot of the times your hands are tied in certain matters."

" The Reapers know no such bounds. We work above and outside the law. We have been given total immunity to any crimes committed in the name of the templars and the chantry."

"However you are never in the spotlight and none of your missions are ever made public. We are phantoms. No one will remember us when we die"

He looked down at her, his eyes almost seemed to glow with an eerie light of their own. "If you truly want to serve the chantry to the best of your abilities, then join The Reapers."

"This is a request of respect. You are able, you have a strong spirit and you never give in."

He turned his attention back towards the darkness of the path ahead of him. His ears twitching to the disturbing sounds that lay beyond.

"I will give you until we reach the north road to decide."

He looked down, and stomped his foot onto the ground. All that could be heard was a loud juicy crunch as Kaine killed a rather large beetle under the power of his boot.
Kaine
Kaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloane Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:32 pm

"You do know that I will tear your heart out and eat it if you tell anyone, right?"

"Your secret is safe with me boss." Sloane said with a mischevious grin.

She listened in silence as Kaine spoke, and remained silent for several minutes after he had finished. "You have certainly given me much to think about. I have never really considered following a different path than the one I have been on. But it could be time for a change. I will think on things in the days to come."

She was silent for another minutes before she suddenly grinned. "Alright, I've filled my serious talk quota for the week." Sloane dissapeared into the camp and returned a minute later with her flask. She took a big swallow and then offered it to Kaine.
Sloane
Sloane

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaine Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:28 am

"Yea, enough seriousness for awhile." Kaine shook his head and chuckled.

When Sloane reappeared with the flask he happily took it; taking a long drink.

"Thanks."

"You can go get some more rest. It's not an order though, as I do enjoy the company."

He listened to the eerie and strange sounds coming from the path. It sounded like a hundred legs clicking against stone.

"Honestly, I would hate to meet whatever it is that is making that sound. It may sound like a bunch of insects just scurrying around, but I can hear a pattern. It's one large..." Kaine that for a moment, "Well I don't know what it is, but its a large...thing."

"And from the look of all those bones back there it likes to feast on...Well, on us." Kaine smirked.

"Lets just hope we don't meet whatever it is once we start our trek underneath the mountain."

"Sloane, how is our food supply? The last thing we need to do is starve half way through an underground passage. If that happens, we may need to resort to Cannibalism." he grinned.

"Don't worry I will eat you first." He smiled evilly.
Kaine
Kaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next