Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Kraven's Journey through the Fade I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Kraven's Journey through the Fade I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Kraven's Journey through the Fade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Kraven's Journey through the Fade I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Kraven's Journey through the Fade I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Kraven's Journey through the Fade I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Kraven's Journey through the Fade I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Kraven's Journey through the Fade I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Kraven's Journey through the Fade I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Kraven's Journey through the Fade

Go down

Kraven's Journey through the Fade Empty Kraven's Journey through the Fade

Post  Kraven Shadow Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:04 am

As Kraven stepped through the portal, he was confronted by the swirling mist that made up a great portion of the endless place. Most of the paths in here were created by other conscious and a where beings that inhabited this place.

A few moments later Lobo stepped through another portal behind him, only carrying his satchel.

"Where is your pack Lobo?" Kraven asked.

"Lobo leave at camp. Lobo no need. Bag carry all things Lobo ever need master." he replied as he patted the satchel at his side.

" I am sure it does, " he commented with a smirk.

"Travel carefully my friend, there are creatures in here that would have you for a snack. Stay close, and I will mask you from them."

With those words of Caution, Lobo stayed very close to Kraven, no more than a mere step behind him.

Kraven looked to his side, and waved his hand over the veil. So that he could see the party of wardens. He held out his hand, and removed the jagged pieces of crystal from Drakes back.

They vanished, and appeared in his hand, Drakes blood still dripping from them. "This will come in handy, store these carefully in your bag Lobo." Lobo carefully took the shards from Kraven, and placed them carefully in the satchel. They vanished into the darkness that occupied the inside of the bag.

Kraven spoke soft words to Drake, charging him with protecting the elves in their group, not letting them come to harm.

With that, he closed the veil, but with his sight, he could still keep a watch on them, to make sure things did not get out of hand.

It was unforunate that he could not travel with them, however the attitude that some of the humans held towards elves, he would not have been able to contain himself much longer. He would torn them limb from limb, and absorbed their life force, making sure their souls never found peace.

He grinned evilly at these thoughts, but shook his head to clear it. Violence is not the answer, it is always consider the last resort. He has seen his share of death and destruction in all the many millenniums he had walked through their land. And he remember the blight, and how it ravaged all the lands, killing many, leaving nothing standing.

He remember that he had to use some old magic to cleanse some of the land to be livable again. It took years to go all around and restore Fereldan. This left his powerless for a short while, while he regenerated.

But the blight is not what worried him, it is the year. The Age of Dragons has been upon us for many years already. And with the dragons coming back, getting more and more bold as each year passed, he knew that it was only a matter of time before One of the Old Ancients broke his prison here in the fade.

His children called to him, with each growing year, the calls become more and more powerful. He just hoped this major tear in the veil was not him trying to get free of his prison.
Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Kraven's Journey through the Fade Empty Re: Kraven's Journey through the Fade

Post  Kraven Shadow Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:09 pm

Kraven kept a close eye on the group. They had just left Denerim, however he felt better if he kept a constant eye on them, especially the elves.

Just as he thought things were getting pretty calm, one of the elves broke off from the pack and scouted ahead, changing into a large red wolf.

He shook his head at the display of magic that was certainly unnecessary, if the mage would have been trained properly. He could feel the power inside this one, however it was matched by an equally powerful rage, which in itself was a very bad combination.

He closed his eyes for a moment, and through the fade connected with this elf. He sent a barrage of images of the people he had killed. The images cut right into the elf's mind, pushing against his thoughts until he cried out.

That seemed to have only phased him. He bounded over the top of a hill and down the other side. He changed into a dragon and flew up above the group, taking cover in the clouds. He thought that he was unseen, but a creature that size could never hope to go unseen on the open plains.

Kraven again shook his head and sighed. This elf will need to be watched closer.

He focused back on where he was, just in time to see a demon of pride come charging at him.

Kraven quickly drew his two handed sword, pushing Lobo behind him at the same time.

As he drew his sword the large demon slowed and stopped altogether. It's size even dwarfed the mighty elf's figure, standing at least twelve to fifteen feet above Kraven; making the creature around twenty feet tall.

"Stand aside fadewalker. I will have that elf for myself!!" the beast rumbled, while it beat its fist into its hand, trying to look more threatening than it already was.

Kraven shook his head, "That one is not for the taking!"

And with those words, bent low to the ground, and with amazing strength, leaped up high and chopped down with his blade. He sliced into the demon's head, sending purple sparks through the air. He used his momentum, and the attack to vault over the large creature. He landed skillfully on his feet, turning quickly to face his opponent.

The great demon of pride stumbled for a moment, however the attack had only dazed the creature.

It turned and roared at Kraven, smashing down with its two mighty fists.Shards of rock went flying as the fade created ground cracked and broke apart.

Kraven was much faster than the lumbering creature. As the mighty fists of the beast came down, he jumped and ran up its arm. He plunged his sword deep within the creatures might arm, creating a jagged gash as he ran up. As he got to the beasts shoulder, he leaped off and twisted around while flipping, landing on his feet facing the beast once again.

The pride demon cried out in agony as it's arm hung uselessly at its side.

"Do you yield beast of the fade?" Kraven yelled to the creature.

"You have taken many of my brothers and sisters fadewalker. And for that I shall wear your skin and travel the mortal realm as I was meant to."

"So be it." The two rushed at each other, the demon holding up its one good arm, while Kraven held his two handed blade above his head.

With a flick of his wrist, he sent the blade flying through the air where it plunged into the chest of the beast. As soon as the sword left his hands, he dove to the side not wanting to be crushed in the demons stampede.

The pride demon reeled a moment from the impact of the blade, but its momentum kept it going forward. It stumbled and fell to one knee. The beast looked down at the blade deep in its chest, only the hilt showing out of its spiny skin.

It grabbed the hilt, and tore it out, screaming in pain as it did. He looked at the blade, and tossed it aside. the blade clattered along the ground, coming to rest quite away out of Kravens reach.

The demon sneered, "You are now without your mighty weapon Darkweaver!!"

"That sword is but a tool that I use, I have more." Kraven's eyes flared up, energy crackling from the very sightless orbs that lay within the sockets. His arms came out; palms facing the creature and two white hot, crackling bolts of energy flew out, striking the evil creature. As the crackling energy flew out, it pulsed continuously as Kraven pushed more and more magic into it. The beast tried to brace itself, pushing against the blasts. Groves appeared on the ground as the demon was pushed further and further back.

Still the energy pulsed out at it, soon the spiny and scaly skin began flying off in chucks, the demon scream in pain with each flying piece. Yet it could do nothing to stop the attack. It could not move to the side, because if it tried, the beams of energy would just throw it back into the nothingness of the fade.

"Pleeeaase, stop!!! I yield!!" the demon cried, hoping that Kraven would show mercy.

At the call of surrender, the energy stopped. Kraven stood there; his chest heaving from the exertion of the attack. His arms fell to his side; trails of smoke rose from his hands, as if the very attack had burned him as well.

Kraven took a staggering step forward, the last of his strength almost gone.

Then, he stood up straight, his body trembling with the effort. He walked slowly towards the demon, until he was right in front of its smoldering body, chucks of flesh had been ripped off and were scattered around.

The demon was on its knees, its mass greatly reduced by the attack. It looked up at Kraven, its eyes pleading.

"Please, I will let that one be."

"Yes you will," was all that Kraven said as his fists turning into crackling balls of energy. He plunged them into the demon. Energy seemed to flow from the demon to the elf; with each pulse the size of the demon diminished ,while Kraven look less and less haggard.

Soon there was nothing left of the demon but a pile of ash.

"Yes you will, " he whispered.

Kraven held out his hand, calling his sword to him. It flew hilt over blade into his our reached hand. He quickly sheathed it.

Lobo came from behind a rock, "Bad thing gone Master?"

"Yes Lobo, bad thing gone." Kraven smiled at the little creature as it ran up to him, again walking close as they continued through the fade. Kraven's again reached out and watched the group once again.

Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraven Shadow Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Kraven watched as the large white dragon took flight after the smaller red one.

"What's this?" he asked himself.

He took a closer look, the white one was circling the smaller red one, and they seemed to be talking. Kraven strained to listen, but could not understand their words.

"Lobo, what are they saying?" he asked the funny little creature.

Lobo looked and the scene before him, and listened intently, his ears twitching.

"Master, they speak Draconic. White one says to get back to ground. Red one asks who the other one is. White one says he is part of commander group." he replied.

"Part of commander group? Lobo no see dragon with commander." Lobo scratched his head in confusion.

Kraven thought for a moment, then his eyes lit up. "Lobo, the shards of glass please."

Lobo put his hand into his satchel, and pulled forth the shards of glass neatly wrapped in a velvet cloth. He handed them to his master.

Kraven carefully infolded the shards, "Lobo, time for you to mix me a lyrium and blood potion. Use this blood AND the shards together."

"Why Master want glass in potion?" Lobo asked all confused.

"The shards are part of me, it will allow me to absorb the potion much quicker." Lobo only shrugged, and from his satchel withdrew a small chest and laid it on the ground.

He pressed a small button on the side and the chest unfolded into a small table with a bunch of small drawers all over it; the table was the perfect height for Lobo.

Lobo began taking out vials from certain drawers, and pouring them into what looked like a small bowl made out of some sort of bone.

He took out a small blue potion, and poured it slowly over the top of all the other ones; the concoction hissed and bubbled. Wisps of golden energy began to emanate from the bowl.

Lastly, Lobo took all the shards of glass, and began dipping them into the strange liquid. With each dip, more and more of the blood stained glass seemed to drip off into the potion. Soon all the glass and blood was mixed together. Lobo took the bowl, and began slowly pouring it into a wide rimmed bone goblet.

The bone goblet began to glow an eerie white color and it seemed that some sort of golden energy was being transferred from the bowl to the goblet.

Soon the goblet was full, and Lobo handed it to his master, "All ready master." Lobo said with a happy sound to his voice, as he always liked to please his master.

Kraven took the goblet in both hands, and pressed it to his lips. He trembled as the liquid ran down his throat and was soon absorbed into his body. Soon his veins glowed gold; he raised his head to the misty sky of the fade as power pulsed through him as he absorbed the energy from the potion.

He quickly fell to his knees, almost like it had drained him. He shook his head to clear it then jumped to his feet.

"Lets see if it worked." he grinned evilly. "Be careful master, not much blood. Not much change." Lobo cautioned the mighty elf.

Kraven seemed to pay no heed as he reached for the sky and roared. His body glowed gold intensely, and his body began to change.

His form shifted, became blurry, as dark mists flowed wildly around him.

Soon he cried out in pain, as the features on his face changed, bone cracked and expanded, scales tore his flesh, covering his face. He fell to his knees in pain, his body trembled and shook violently.

His hands twisted as scales broke through his skin, and black sharp talons tore his finger nails away from him.

He fell to the ground, curling into a fetal position, never feeling so much pain. His armor seemed to meld into his body, becoming a part of it, as scales grew all over. His legs broke violently, as his knee was pushed forward as his feet grew, growing talons as his hands did.

Finally, as the pain seemed to vanish and he tried to bring himself to his feet, pain wracked his back, as his flowing shadowy cape fused itself to him, and large shadowy black wings grew outwards, soon he had a wing span of over twelve feet.

The pain vanished as soon as it had begun. The transformation had taken mere seconds, however to Kraven it seemed far far longer than that.

He looked at his hands, large talons grew from his fingers, and his skin was now full of scales; wisps of black shadow seemed to flow around him, making him blend in with the darkness.

He spread his wings wide, and gave them a strong flap to test them out. He asked Lobo for a mirror, who gladly gave him one.

His face was draconic, his neck a bit longer. His teeth were white against his black scales, and sharp as blades, ready to shred anything that got to close. His eyes were still solid orbs of blue. But this mattered to him not, as he had gained a new power. The ability to transform into something other than his humanoid shapes.

It was not a full transformation, but he still felt the power flow through him.

He grinned at Lobo, "So? What do you think?" his tail flicking back and forth.

Lobo scratched his head, "Well, not quite a Dragon, but, still scary."

Kraven concentrated for a moment, and with a swirl of black mist, he changed back into one of his normal forms. He felt slightly weakened since he had changed so quickly from one form to the other without giving time to regenerate.

He smiled evilly as he continued through the void, towards the tear in the veil, that he could see clearly n the horizon.

Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraven Shadow Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:55 pm

Kraven had Lobo translate everything that Shade and Drake were saying; being thankful for having such a useful creature with him, regardless of his corruption.

Even though Shade had spent time in the circle, it seemed like his training had been rushed. He showed signs that he could barely control the magic that he wielded. He attracted too much attention from the fade creatures. He was putting himself and all those around him at risk.

With so much anger it would be easy to take his body from him and transform him into a weapon of destruction.

He looked over at Lobo, "Lobo, I need you to go and keep an eye on him, make sure he doesn't get into anymore trouble."

"Lobo no like leave master. Master need Lobo." Lobo protested. "But Lobo will do what master asks." as he hung his head.

Without another word Kraven opened a small tear in the fade; Lobo jumped through and the mighty elf closed it behind him.
Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraven Shadow Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:28 pm

Kraven watched as Lobo entered the mortal realm; he shook his head and chuckled as he saw his give the lyrium flute to the White haired elf.

His attention was diverted as he heard the whisper of his name. The commander and the blood mage Wolfram were discussing things about him. He sneered as the human mage spoke of things he did not know about.

"Yes, individuals like Kraven have very extreme prejudices, perhaps more than is actually warranted. However, Kraven needs to be watched, especially in these human areas. If he sees any elf getting harmed, he may lash out to extreme lengths. I hate to say it, but Kraven is a prime example of why mages get made tranquil. He has too much power and too much hate to not use it."

"More than is actually warranted?" Kraven's eyes flared up as his body trembled with rage. "What does this young fool know what is warranted?"

Kraven thought back to when the lands they traveled upon were the lands of the elves. All of Thedas was the land of the elves. And then the selfish mortal beings called humans decided to take what wasn't theirs to take.

The only reason why the elves were even defeated was because the humans were like ants; they were too numerous to count. They overwhelmed the peaceful elves; beings of immortality who had found that violence was not the answer to problems. They had devoted their lives to art, music, and spiritual endevours. They were not prepared for the savages and corruptions that the humans brought.

They took the lands from them and brought the darkness of the blight.

How dare he say that his anger is unwarranted.

"It's easy to fall victim to the power. I can easily become as powerful as him, but it would cost me greatly. I could even lose myself if the attempt. He may think he can contain it, but he might lose who he is if succumbs to his anger."

"Fall victim to power?" Kraven spat. "I have not fallen victim to anything. I was given the strength to over come and not give into the desires of mortal beings."

"Easily become as powerful as I am?" Kraven just shook his head as he thought of all the things that he had given up, that he had sacrificed to get this far. "That human could no sooner reach what I have become, than I could give back what was thrust upon me."

Kraven had had enough of this fools talk.

He stepped closer to the image of the Nygozy and Wolfram. He plunged his hands into the mist, tearing a rift between this world at the next. With rage fueled power he flung himself through; sealing the tear behind him.
Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down