Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
The Fade I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
The Fade I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
The Fade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
The Fade I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
The Fade I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
The Fade I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
The Fade I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
The Fade I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
The Fade I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

The Fade

4 posters

Go down

The Fade Empty The Fade

Post  Final Warrior Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:33 pm

His eyes opened, and he immediately knew something was wrong.

For one, Griffinhart was keenly aware of the fact that he was asleep. That somewhere else, his living body and waking mind were in a state of rest. But that didn't change the fact that he was also here, in a state resembling some kind of consciousness, some sort of awareness. Even worse than that was the knowledge that this was not the first time such a thing had happened.

Turning away from his thoughts, the stolid warrior used his open eyes to survey the terrain before him. It was barren. Grey. Bleak, even. A little dry. The sky was slightly lighter grey - enough that he could discern a distant horizon. In a word: boring. But boring suited him. It settled him. For all that he was familiar with action, boring meant no surprises.

Griffinhart rested his right arm lazily on the pommel of the sword at his hip - something he would never do if he were somewhere, anywhere else so comfortable as this - and began to walk. He had no goal in mind; he knew there were no goals to keep in mind. This part of the Fade was his, was him, more than the swords he wielded or the armor he wore or the scars he bore.

It was all a lie, as false as the soldier that strode the wasteland.

I haven't made an RP post in, no lie, months.

So I'm a little sad, a little angry, a little pony, and severely deprived of sleep (and it's only been a week into the semester blargh).

So I had this wonderful, awful idea, after thinking about the recent posts about people needing to catch up on previous threads:

"What if we had a thread where canon is irrelevant? Where you could post whatever with whoever and it only matters as much as you want it to?"

Which wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't acted on it. Call this a particularly terrible (and awfully late) Christmas present from a particularly terrible (and awful) person if it makes you feel any worse better thing at all.

Welcome to the Fade. It is a place of dreams, but not quite like dreaming, where you wander places you haven't been, meeting people you've never known, saying and doing things you'd never say or do while awake. Anyone and everyone is unwelcome to post in this thread, even characters who can't feel the Fade, because fuck you, this is a different kind of Fade. Continuity doesn't matter. Not even within this thread. And to make this place a little more unbearable, here's my promise to you:

There will be at least one post per week in this thread, until either DAAE goes down permanently, unforeseen calamity strikes, or I die (and I plan on living forever). Even if that means this thread devolves into just me writing Final Warrior's Masturbatory Fantasy Land Time™ (because at least then I'd be getting some practice writing).

And remember: what happens in Vegas the Fade, stays in Vegas the Fade. Unless you don't want it to. So if you make a particularly cool post here, and want to reference it somewhere where canon matter, do it. (Unless the admin says don't.) And if you make a particularly horrible post here, and someone else references it somewhere where canon matters, just tell 'em it was non-canon. Out of character. Out of continuity. That'll shut 'em up. (Unless they're admin, in which case you're SOL.)

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

http://www.innocentmachine.com

Back to top Go down

The Fade Empty Re: The Fade

Post  Damien Zeehem Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:02 am

((You know what? Just because I can. Hell, I’m almost over with all my exams, and I’m in a good mood for RP. Just feel a bit rusty, though. But hey, if it’s non-canon, I guess it’s the perfect opportunity. Hope you won’t mind if I pop in.))

“Aw, man.”

A desperate sigh rushed out between Damien’s teeth as he contemplated the landscape around him. There was no telling how he got here in the first place, but his mind found itself unable –or is it unwilling?- to form any question about the matter. To the elf, everything felt normal, as if it had been a usual thing for him to wander this realm; only the land itself looked new, unknown, and incredibly boring.

“Why do I always get sent to the stupid places?”

Grey, grey, everything was grey. How boring. Damien was a man of action, always longing for fights and challenges, boiling with violence and ambition; if anything, grey was color he could legitimately despise. And it wasn’t steel-grey, either, no, just boring-grey. Like, if boring was color, that would be it. If it was a landscape, that’s also pretty much what it would look like. The more time the warrior spend scanning his surrounding, the more frustrated he grew.

“There’s nothing even around here!”

He had secretly hoped shouting the remark out loud would have triggered something, maybe prompting something hidden to show itself, but obviously it didn’t. Instead, the volume of his voice lost itself in the distance, not even bothering to echo back.

“What IS this place?”

Finally, at long last, realizing that nothing was likely to happen just by complaining out loud, Damien decided to pick a direction at random, and started walking. He was wearing casual clothing, with a thick white shirt over a pair of dark brown trousers. He had a sword at his side too, that was a good start. At least that was something to rest his hand upon while walking. Not like anything was likely to happen here. Seriously, what are the odds?

Damien Zeehem

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:55 pm

[Post as much or as little as you want. Like I said - no continuity, no canon. A good place as any for everyone, new and old, to get their write on.]

Groggily, Zillam Reynardine opened his eyes, expecting the absolute worse. What he got was even worse than that.

"Oh, Maker have mercy. Really?" The pink-purple misty sky that greeted him replied, "Yes. Really." Or at least, it certainly seemed to. Despite not knowing at all where he was, he knew exactly where he was. "I really think I would have preferred the hangover to this."

"Too bad."

"Ugh. You're no help, you know that?" The young swashbuckler sat up, rubbing his eyes. This was an absolute catastrophe. "I didn't think it was even possible to drink your way into the Fade." Shaking the sleep off his shoulders, Zillam looked around: warped, ethereal tree limbs sprouted from the ground; here and there, ancient architecture crumbled eternally. An utterly unfamiliar landscape greeted him.

"This certainly doesn't seem like me at all. If anything, I should be surrounded by blushing, youthful beauties... though, I guess the Fade doesn't trade in that kind of... kind of... hmm." He stood there for a moment, tapping his foot against the ground and his finger on his chin, muttering quietly. "Blade, stayed, played, maid, made, wade, bade, paid, laid... damn it all! None of these are a good way to finish that rhyme!" Zillam pouted and kicked a small stone, watching it bounce and roll.

Stone... brick, boulder, rock, gem, jewel... "No, wait! Jade! I guess the Fade doesn't trade in that kind of jade! Ahahaha!" He pumped his fist, marking once more his victory over language. His mood lightened, Zillam walked over to the rock he had kicked and picked it up, eyes glistening. "You see, 'jade' works in this context because in certain regions, jade is used for financial transactions, much in the way that bronze, silver, and gold coins are in other parts of Thedas," he explained to the inanimate object. "So don't give me that look!"

The Orlesian man drop-kicked the rock and chased after it as it soared through the air. If he had nowhere to go and no one to go with, the rock would suit as both guide and companion in the meantime.

"What... what are you," he breathed, stumbling backwards, tripping on his own feet and tumbling to the ground. Slack-jawed, he stared up at her; she burned brightly in this darkness, wreathed in fire. Her reply was in the cracking of bones and glass:

"
A joyous death."
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:16 am

[I'm a day late. Shush.]

The landscape had changed. It was subtle; the terrain had grown a little rougher, the ground a little less even, and Griffinhart put more effort into walking. Without really realizing it, the warrior soon found himself shin-deep in...

Snow.

It was the cold that pooled in his feet that drew his attention to the environment once more. Griffinhart stopped walking for a moment, trying to remember exactly when the ground had become covered by softly rolling snow-dunes. Unsurprised, although displeased nonetheless, he can't remember. The stoic warrior resumes trudging through the snow, keeping his displeasure to himself - even here, in the Fade, where there are no others to notice him, the man lacks any semblance of outward humanity.
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Lithawen Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:36 am

Lithawen was wondering the fade, her mind was fuzzy, it had been Creatures know how long it had been since she was possessed by Desire. Most of the time she would be found in her own desire-center dream. However this day (if one could track time in the never ending Fade) The mage was wondering around the sepia landscape, stepping through portal after portal looking for something, anything that would bring her back to life. She had felt lonely and cold during her travels through the world of dreams, it was much emptier than any place in Thedas could ever be.

Stepping through the haze of purple mist to stand in front of a familiar face. Lithawen looked completely socked. The few demons she came across had either tried to eat her or convince her they were someone she held dear. No, Griffinhart was not someone she held close to her heart. He was a man she found along side, and nothing else. So it made no sense for a demon to impersonate him.

"Are you real?" she asked cocking her head to the side, still in shock.
Lithawen
Lithawen

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:17 pm

Once again, Atticus found himself in the Fade during his sleep. He hated being here, it meant dealing with him. The Rivaini maleficar looked around, finding himself on a platform made of fleshy growths. Then he heard the deep, throaty, condescending tones of the demon that shared his body. "You can't hide your thoughts from me, Atticus." The Pride demon boomed. Atticus grit his teeth. "Stay away from me, Triumph. You know Fade time is my alone time." Oswell growled in turn. A sinister chuckle eminated from the air of the Fade and slowly distorted into nothingness.

Collecting himself, Atticus decided to take a walk and explore for the time being, eventually seeing a pair of people seemingly aware of their surroundings. His red eyes watched them from afar, to discern their intent.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:41 am

"Are you real?"

His arm moved from rest, his hand pushing the blade just barely forward from the sheath, resting lightly on the cool grip. Griffinhart eyed the woman before him, a steely gaze hidden by the imposing helmet. Plenty of words ran [through him|him through], but he gave voice to only two.

"Are you?"

The warrior drew taut, even though he recognized her (well enough). A one-time superior. He wasn't sure if she still was, wasn't sure of her intent, wasn't sure if the Fade was fouling with him, wasn't sure if it was something worse, wasn't sure if he'd remember anyway.
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Zeehem Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:07 pm

“Damien? Is that you?”

The voice called from behind him, from a dune the elf had crossed moments ago without noticing anything. His hand immediately reached for the handle of his sword as he turned around. Because the voice was so familiar, he didn’t immediately jump on his guard ready to strike; because the voice was too familiar, his mind crystallized from his previous slumber to skeptic vigilance. Something had happened, something too good to be true.
A few feet across the warrior, at the base of the little dune, on an unremarkable patch of ground, sat a young woman. She did look a bit older than Damien, but only because humans do not all enjoy this elven finesse of traits that could make even corpses look young; both were, in fact, of the same age. The woman was rather of the pretty sort, with light brown hair falling to the middle of her neck, chestnut eyes and charming smile. She looked good, as Damien thought, she even looked better.
Which wasn’t surprising, considering the last time they saw each other, she was dead.

“Please, sit down,” she said patting a spot of ground beside her, inviting him to join her “I’m sure we both have thousands of questions to ask.”

It took a few seconds for Damien to properly consider the offer; letting go of the pommel of his sword, the right hand fell back to his side as the feet stepped back to a more neutral stance. “Thanks, but I must decline,” he coldly announced, “I’ve gotta keep going,” he added jabbing his thumb over his shoulder, pointing the direction he was headed to before this unexpected interruption.

“Keep going? Whereto?” With a sweep of her arm, she embraced the dizzying vastness of the landscape around them. “You’re already where you need to be.”

Unsure what to say, an eyebrow raised in surprise, the elf stuttered “Well, it’s…just that, um…Last time I checked, we were in the middle of nowhere.”

With a light chuckle, she shook her head and explained herself:

“You’re out of Denerim. It’s all that matters. You’re far away from all this now: the gangs, the streets, the skirmishes that cost you so many lives, and almost cost you your own. It’s behind you now, there is no need to move on. I mean look at you,” she pleaded, extending a hand to her former lover, “the Blight has passed and you are now a respectable warrior: you have your gold, your weapons, you even have friends, and people talking good of you. People you’ve saved.”

“And I’m still not finished,” Damien interrupted sharply. “I have goals to reach, and I shall see them through.”

“You won’t,” the woman shook her head, desperately trying to make her mind clear to the man in front of her. “Don’t you see that your meaningless ambition will be the end of you? Every step you will take to your… your illusionary goals, will cost you all that you’ve worked for so far.”

“Meaningless? What now, do you think I got to where I am by chasing after flowers and butterflies?” His mind still clouded by the oneiric tableau it failed to acknowledge, a strange anger started to stew in the warrior’s heart, as if threatened or betrayed – most likely both. “If it weren’t for me being who I am, I’d have died in that fire, back at the mansion!”

“I know, but I can see where your lust for power will lead you,” she too was growing rather annoyed, “and there won’t be another Blight to get you out of misery, clean your hands and give you another chance. I refuse to accept that I have sacrificed myself, just to see you repeat the same mistakes again, and die in a pool of blood, like the low-life thugs you’ve despised so harshly! I’ve given my life to set you free, and you are going to waste it all!”

“Now you listen! You’re responsible for your own actions, and whether you’ve foolishly sacrificed yourself in vain or not is none of my concerns! I have my life to fulfill, and I will not tolerate inference, not from you, not from anyone!”

“What-” the violence of the words threw the woman off balance, words suddenly stumbling in her mouth, “how…dare you?”

“I’ve survived trials tougher than the back alleys of Denerim, and without your help. Without anyone’s help. I can take care of myself! Promises I have made, I have made to myself alone, and I will not tolerate betrayal. Now, if you’re done pestering me…I have to keep going.”

On those final words, boiling with an irrational anger, Damien turned around and resumed his walking, only this time at a much faster pace. Hopefully he’d gotten the direction right; it wasn’t easy keeping a straight course with such a landscape. With each stride he took his passion slowly settled, until he could at long last consider her words more peacefully.
Sacrifice.
She said ‘sacrifice’, didn’t she? Does that mean that…Oh. So she still thinks that she…

The elf halted his march, pondering.
Maybe I should tell her. At least she would stop feeling that way. Maybe that would appease her…in time. Well, I guess she knows me well enough, by now.

“Ariadne, I have to tell you-”

But she was already gone. Damien had turned around, had looked, and seen: she was no longer there. She was nowhere to be seen, actually, but he stood here in silence for a minute or two, hoping to see her again, walking from over the edge of the dune. But Ariadne was gone. Just in case she might still be listening from some hiding spot, Damien finished his confession out loud. His words echoed in the distance, his prayer unanswered. Finally, with a deep sigh he turned himself to face his goal, and once again started walking. Around him, the air had gotten cooler, a wind had started to blow, and underneath his feet, while he paid no attention but to his own thoughts, the soil was slowly turning to snow.
Somewhere in the distance way ahead of him, shapes where turning into silhouettes. But the elven warrior, looking in himself, felt like bearing a pair of eyes that couldn’t see.

Damien Zeehem

Back to top Go down

Post  Lithawen Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:03 pm

Lithawen looked perplexed by the question. She hadn't thought about her own state of being for a while. Was she real? Or was she a misguided demon creation, wondering without a purpose. Closing her eyes the woman started a list of simple things she knew to be true.

My name is Lithawen Bein'Nore. I am Dalish. I was First of my clan. I am now a gray warden. I am a mage. I am surrounded by snow, yet I am not cold.

"We're in the fade." she concluded, her eyes opened while her features turned stoic. "I've been here for so long...I don't know why." she admitted.

Moving forward she put her hand up to reach out to Griff, fingers gently brush his cheek as she stares at him with her two toned eyes. "The demons have tried to trick me, but never with your face. I mean no insult, but they usually attack much closer to the heart. And you are merely another fighter, in an endless sea of faces I've fought beside."
Lithawen
Lithawen

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:10 am

[OOC: Ugh, I'm awful at keeping promises online, apparently. I've been having mild computer issues that've only just been resolved minutes ago (software, nothing unfixable - obviously; I just did a dumb thing [trashed Windows 7's Master Boot Record while uninstalling Ubuntu] without making a backup beforehand) . There will be a post, soon.

I promise.

-- Griffinhart]
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:02 pm

He wondered, idly, if her fingers were warm as they passed over the unyielding metal of his helmet. It was a strange thought, unbidden and alien. He wondered too, about the compliments she paid him. The elven woman certainly seemed... less hostile than all the other times Griffinhart had interacted with her.

His guard, of course, had not slackened in the least. She hadn't answered his question, only told him...

There was something strange. Griffinhart had been wandering for a while in the Fade now (though he had no concept of time in this place; it was a wonder that Lithawen did), and yet, he had encountered no one and no thing. After (what had seemed like) the first five hours, he ascribed that oddity to the Fade's whims.

And now, he had met a one-time superior, claiming to be hounded by...

"Demons?"
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:09 pm

Atticus cleared his throat, after assessing the people in front of him, he decided to at least give a shot at interacting with them. If they were hostile, he would kill them. His blood magic still worked in the Fade. The Rivaini Mage's red eyed gaze settled on the petite elf and the armored man. "So it seems I'm not alone in here tonight for a change." he murmured in his baritone voice. He folded his arms over his chest. "Are you phantoms of my dreams or real, I wonder?"
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Lithawen Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:04 am

..:: This post and the last one are brought to you all the way from Cancun Mexico. NO EXCUSES! Lol just kidding guys <3 ::..

Lithawen nodded, "Demons. They haunt me in this place. One has trapped me... I feel victim to possession." She scowled and her voice turned angry. "And some filthy demon is walking around in my body!" her tone quickly turned to her usual one. The anger inside her at the idea of being possessed brought her some clearer thoughts. She tried with all her might to hold onto this one emotion she knew to truly be hers.

However, with most things in the fade, anything that can connect you to the waking world can easily slip away. And a mellow emptiness followed the intense wave of anger she just felt. Her hands dropped to her sides in defeat. "It would be a terribly cruel fate if I were not real. To have these loving, sad, angry, and all intense memories. If they are not mine, if I am some disgusting twist of demon magic then I would prefer a sword through me now."

There was a voice beside the two. A noiseless approach (or perhaps he was there from the start) followed. Lithawen looked to him, though she did not answer his question, she started at him for a long time. His face was familiar enough. There were no emotions attached to this man, and it seemed her head only cleared when her heart started pumping. At least she thought it was pumping. At this point she could only hope it was still pumping. Here in the fade there is no need for blood to travel through your body, no need for it to power your actions, only will was required here.
Lithawen
Lithawen

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:55 pm

[OOC: The default font is so uncooperative with single-character strikeouts.]

Is that how she defined her realness? By her emotions?

Did that, then, mean that he was not real?

Was never real?

But her definitions were not his, and he shoved the thought away. "Real" had no meaning to him. "Alive" and "alive", those things had meaning. If he was alive - or if he thought he was alive - then that was good enough. It would suffice, until he was alive. After that, semantics would have no meaning. Nothing would.

Another being had stepped out of the haze, out of the rolling mist, out of the unstained snow, and asked that same question. "Are you phantoms of my dreams or real, I wonder?"

"Does it matter?" Griffinhart shifted, w(e)ary. It would not do, to change from "alive" to "alive", simply because he had been surprised.
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:16 pm

The strangers seemed incredulous at his being there, so he figured they were not phantoms. He clasped his hands behind his back, appraising the petite elf from hearing snippets of her conversation with the armored man. Like him, she too was possessed by a demon, at least that was what he had heard from her. "I suppose it doesn't matter." He stated to the armored man, nodding. "Very well then... Judging by our meeting here, I suppose I was brought to this specific part of the Fade for a reason. I am... Atticus Oswell." He stated his name, outside of the Rivain it would likely carry no meaning. No, outside his homeland he was known by another name, whispers among travellers who had witnessed the atrocities he committed under Triumph's thrall.

Atticus the Bloody.

Crude, but fitting. for nearly fifty years he had served as Triumph's vessel, while retaining his youthful looks. He no longer cared anymore, all he had was lost due to the deal he made with Triumph.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Zeehem Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:51 pm

So, it turned out they were people, after all. Considering how his trip had had been going until now, it wasn’t new but it was a surprise nonetheless. Still completely oblivious to his being in the fade, he walked with long strides to the small group ahead of him; the faces –or lack thereof- seemed rather familiar, although in his present state the elven warrior would be unable to name any of them, the talking armor, the Dalish blonde and the Rivaini mage. It didn’t help settle his mind, though, and he still bore an anger filled look as he approached the group, scanning its members with mistrusting eyes.

“Hey!” he called out loud right before he came into talking distance, “hey! Can any of you guys point me to the nearest tavern? I sure could use a drink, right now…”

He paused for a second, with that unsettling feeling that he had forgotten something. It took him a quick frown to remember.
“Please?”
It felt alien just to use that word, but if it could increase the chances of a positive outcome to his request, Damien might as well try and give it a shot.

Damien Zeehem

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:17 pm

[OOC: At least the average number of posts per week is >1, right? ... Right?]

"Someone say tavern? I could really use a drink right now. Not to imply that I couldn't use a drink some other time. I could always use a drink. Hey, who wants to go for drinks? First round's on me!"

Zillam Reynardine's head poked out from behind one of the many snowdrifts that dotted the landscape, along with his his incorrigible enthusiasm (and alcoholism). It wasn't until he had fully revealed himself, like a green-hued Venus, that he took stock of the situation at hand. It was a motley crew to be sure, but he was just as equally sure that there was nothing a round or twelve of stiff drinks couldn't resolve. "Hey, you know what goes great with an impasse of Fade-wandering projections who aren't sure which of the others is real, like this? A keg of Ander stout. Or six."

Griffinhart hadn't reacted visibly. He was sure this man had to be "real", at least; his psyche wasn't this off-topic.

He hoped.
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Lithawen Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:41 pm

Lithawen looked on to the ever growing group. It was strange that she was wondering for so long and then all of a sudden she was surrounded by men she hardly knew. Or at least she thought she hardly knew them, she was starting to question her idea reality, her own memories. The little elf had been in the Fade for far too long, her mind was turning in on it's self.

The mage looked over her shoulder to the portal she came through before. The idea of running back and finding her own desire filled knightmares crossed her mind more than once. They were addicting, everything she wanted, happy.

Lithawen moved her eyes back to the ever growing group around her. "Why are you all here? Here in the Fade."
Lithawen
Lithawen

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:24 pm

[OOC: Life is awful.]

"I woke up here," replied Griffinhart, tacit and direct.

Zillam, on the other hand, hadn't stopped grinning the entire time. "It's surprising the things you can get up to with enough alcohol, Miss, er..."
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Zeehem Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:28 pm

Damien eyed the latest newcomer with a suspicion, as the greenish-haired man appeared as if from nowhere. Even though the elf had done just the same thing not seconds ago, the sudden apparition still annoyed him. That and his funny looks. That and the fact that the man was at least eight inches taller than him. Especially that last point, actually.
Why is everybody around here so freaking tall?

“Ander stout? Mph, that’s a girl’s drink. But if the place is really that desperate…it still tastes better than water.”

But in this man’s words, and in the inquiries of others around, something else had caught the attention of the elven warrior. As soon as the word was first mentioned, it had Damien become more perplex, somewhat more defensive in his attitude.

“Also, why are you all talking about the Fade? We’re not in the…”

As if to prove his point, he jabbed a thumb over his shoulder but accidently caught his own attention, moving his eyes to follow his lead and contemplate the landscape once more. The mist in his head was starting to lift. Though at first imperceptible, the uncanny feeling grew more distinct. He tried to identify his surroundings, and failed; tried to remember how he got here in the first place, and failed as well. Then again, it wasn’t the first time Damien would wake up in the middle of nowhere with a sore head and no memory of events prior to his waking. But… was it Sunday already?

“We’re not…”

It felt like the cold of the snow, instead of soaking his clothes and gnawing on his bones, was making its way into his head: like a freezing breeze blowing through his mind, clearing thoughts out. And though he suddenly felt a little bit chilly, Damien slowly re-gained control over himself, as the creaking gears of his reason started to work themselves out of slumber.

“Where the Hell are we, anyway?”

Damien Zeehem

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:17 pm

[OOC: Spring break is over and roommates, they are a-changin'.]

"Boy."

A heart beat.

"
Boy."

A fluttering eyelid.

"
Wake up, boy."

A creaking in his bones as he roused himself from death. A scream echoed in his ears, three steps removed and four steps too far, but it woke him regardless, fresh-baked flesh sloughing off the skeleton beneath. Every point of him hurt, every instance of his being, and every twitch and quiver cracked his skin-glass. But he could not resist that voice, honeyed with tears and wet with heartsblood. "What... am I?" groaned the gases that escaped his corpse.

"
Dead, as you have always been." He smiled at this, lips splitting and parting and splitting and parting until he was more lips and teeth than he was ever bone and nerve. He took joy in this, in his death, in knowing his death.

"
Go," came the word and the order, and he obeyed without question.
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down