Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Healing at Wardens' Home I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Healing at Wardens' Home I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Healing at Wardens' Home I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Healing at Wardens' Home I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Healing at Wardens' Home I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Healing at Wardens' Home I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Healing at Wardens' Home I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Healing at Wardens' Home I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Healing at Wardens' Home I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Healing at Wardens' Home

4 posters

Go down

Healing at Wardens' Home Empty Healing at Wardens' Home

Post  Jezarine Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:29 pm

There were few left who were still badly injured and one had taken off even though Jezarine had made it known that it wasn't so great an idea. But Fremelda always had a mind of her own and hated to be cooped up so Jezarine made her promise to come back at supper time before the meeting with Nygozy. It had taken the big, sad Jezarine eyes to con the woman into promising that but it worked.

Now she had to deal with her other "guests" and make sure that they were doing well. Hopefully Ianto had gotten the packages she had required easily enough from the trader caravan which had come to the keep. He had a precise list and she showed a lot of trust in him asking him to get the packages with his addiction. The thing was she did trust him.

As she checked some of the nastier of the wounded she continued on to some who had been wounded long before. Gut wounds were rough and when she got to both Dartmoor and Wolfram.

"How are you doing today?" She asked pleasanty as she took a chair between the two and smiled.
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Healing at Wardens' Home Empty Re: Healing at Wardens' Home

Post  Ianto Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Jez was busy. He could understand that. There was no way he was going to complain about picking up the supplies she needed to heal all of the civilians who'd been wounded in the attack, especially not when she was swamped as it was. Besides, she hadn't requested it lightly, either - he'd seen the hesitation in her eyes when she'd handed him the list of the items she was running low on, and he'd known then that, if she could have gone herself, she would have. He was a good enough errand boy, but there was no way he'd have been able to fill in for her if she'd run out to get the things herself.

Besides, the merchant was set up just outside the walls of the Keep (having perched himself there the moment he'd sense the opportunity to sell to the Wardens), and he wasn't so weak that he couldn't pick up some potions and lyrium without falling into some kind of drug induced shock over it.

In fact, the hardest part was really just getting the price he wanted. He knew for a fact that the guy had promised to sell at a discount, but Ianto had seen lyrium for half this price in Denerim, and he was very keen to tell the merchant just that. The price was higher, he got as an answer, because of the increased need of it, what with the darkspawn attack and Wardens and mages running about. Ianto didn't buy it for a second, and after a prolonged haggling relay, he walked away with everything on Jez's list for half the price of what the merchant had been originally asking for. Ianto could almost ignore the shaking in his hands as he mentally preened at his success.

"Jez?" he called out when he pushed the door open. The dark-skinned elf had appropriated one of the cleaner rooms near the garden for her sick ward, and as large as it was, it was still crowded enough with the wounded and weary citizens that it was easy to lose the miniature healer. "Jez? You in here? I got what you wanted?"

When he found her, she was talking to Dartmoor. He gave the younger man a brief smile, knowing he was well enough in Jez's care that there was no need to ask if he was alright right away, and then he returned his attention to Jez, handing her the parcel of her supplies with only the slightest hint of abruptness, pulling his hand away as soon as she had taken it and offering a tight smile in apology. "How are things going here? A lot of work?"
Ianto
Ianto

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:02 pm

The healer gave the two a gentle smile as only Jezarine could manage and took a look into their bodies with her healer's eyes as she touched their hands. They were healing, that was true, but it would still be some time before they were fully healed. She knew that what they needed most was rest and proper healing and it was the worst wounded who had received actual beds. The others were mostly on mats on the floors but that had to change. At least the Seneschal had said he would find proper beds to keep them from the cold ground.

"Kassina has been here for the most part, Dartmoor. You just do not remember." The sound of Ianto coming into the room pleased the healer and she looked over her shoulder then back at the other two, "Kassina should be back soon. I made her go eat with her pack. I will not change your bandages again today. They are clean. Rest. I will be back later."

Jezarine looked up at Ianto with a bright smile, "I'm done my rounds." She said then stood up and touched his arm, "Oh good! I hope the trader did not try to cheat you. He's always trying something that one. Come let's get everything set up then."

She led Ianto out of the infirmary and into her own rooms and sat down on the couch, waiting for him to put down the box of supplies, "How are you doing?" She laid her hands on top of his.
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:12 pm

As he was led out of the room by the healer, his eyes swept around to linger on the haggard faces, and he was struck (not for the first time) by Jezarine's skill. She'd taken in more tired and hurt patients than could even fit in her makeshift clinic, and yet she'd managed to see to every single one of them, doing what she could with magic and herbs and old fashioned nursing to make sure they were all going to be alright, and all without accepting any kind of pay. She didn't need to do that. The Wardens weren't obliged to offer their services to citizens without compensation when there was no Blight for them to be fighting, but she did so anyway. He thought it was probably less that she didn't charge for her services, but rather, that it didn't even cross her mind to do so. He wondered if that would have to change, considering all the money they'd need to help fix up the Keep.

He almost didn't pay attention to where he was being led until Jez was pushing open the door to her room, and he felt his shoulders sag in relief. Here, there weren't any patients to bother or bump into, which was probably all the better for them. The couch was low and worn, probably as ancient as the Keep itself, or nearly so, but it was still a relief to sit down. He deposited the parcel of Jez's supplies on the table in an almost careless hurry, and sank into the flattened cushions next to Jez.

"I'm fine," he said on reflex, turning to crack an eye open and offer her a flashing, lopsided smile. "You're the one that I should be worrying about. Have you gotten any rest yet, looking after all of those patients?" Something told him the answer would be no, though he managed to buoy the hope that maybe she'd stopped to sit or nibble on some food in the midst of her chaotic clinic.
Ianto
Ianto

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:53 pm

As fast as ever Ianto was able to grasp the reality of life and how hard she worked. The worst of it was that he always knew when she was probably working too hard and would make a comment which would make her look away shyly, knowing that she must have been misbehaving by not taking care of herself. She looked outside to see where the sun was and gasped.

"Oh my! Have I been at it that long?" She started to rub her hands melodically as she bit her lip, "I started at breakfast time and just stopped now. There was so much to do, Ianto. I forgot myself and got caught up in my work."

Jezarine lowered her eyes for a moment and realized how much he was shaking. It was not too bad and he did seem to be getting better but she wanted to make sure. She put a hand on his cheek and looked up into his eyes, "How are you holding up? Truly Ianto. You can't keep holding it in yourself. Well, I guess you could but it isn't healthy. Really it isn't."
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:30 pm

He sighed, a smile forcing itself onto his face even if he didn't mean for it to. Really, he shouldn't be encouraging her habit of forgetting all about her own well-being when it came to healing her patients, but it was so her that it would almost have seemed odd for her to suddenly stop. That didn't mean it was good for her to totally forget herself, though.

"You know, Jez, I think you might need a trained parrot or something. It could sit on your shoulder and constantly tell you the time."

The laugh in his throat died out as she put a hand on his face and looked up at him, her big brown eyes as earnest and undemanding as ever. The look alone was enough to make him feel bad, and he bit his bottom lip, looking away quickly. His hands pulled away from her, closer together on his lap in a vain attempt to hide the shaking.

"I'm fine, Jez, really." He wouldn't lie to her, even if it would have been easier to do so. Easier with anyone else, at least. "I've been trying to hold off as long as I can for the last week. I think I'm managing to go a little longer without it each time, but . . . " he glanced down at his hands, and their shaking was telling enough. Longer he might have managed, but so far the only result was worse shakes and headaches than before. He'd been cleaning out the stables the other day, and he'd even caught himself muttering under his breath - he usually tried to avoid that particular brand of crazy.

"But it's getting better," he assured with partially faked enthusiasm, forcing himself to meet her eyes again. "You know how it is. As long as I don't try to drop it all at once, I'll be fine." The worst part was that he knew, already, that Jez would understand. It wasn't that he didn't want her to, but he didn't want to be her 'patient', either, because as much as he welcomed her support and understanding, this was something best kept to himself.
Ianto
Ianto

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Kassina hadn't wanted to leave Dartmoor's side, but had done so at the healer's insistance. She would be no good to anyone if she starved herself to death. And her pack needed her too. She had gone out to the forests around the keep for a few hours to check on the pack and munch on a few plump rabbits.

As the sun began its downward journey she trotted back into the keep, returning to elf form when she reached the walls. While she was still more comfortable in animal form it made communication with most people rather difficult.

As she approached the makeshift clinic she ran into Takara. The human woman looked as tired as Kassina felt. Since both women had basic healing abilities they had been helping Jez with the wounded as much as they could. But they had been wounded and severely drained in the fighting and were still recovering as well. After going through so much together words were barely needed and they simply nodded to each other and walked in companionable silence.

Once inside the building Takara headed to check on some of the patients while Kassina went straight to Dartmoor's bed. As she sat down in the chair Jezarine had recently vaccated she noticed Darmoor was finally awake.

"Hello sleep head. Dartmoor sleep like winter bear." She said with a smile, a feeling of relief washing over her. "How feel?" She enquired as she took his hand gently in her own.
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:08 pm

As Dartmoor began to speak Kassina's smile turned into a wide delighted grin. She was so glad to hear his voice again. It had been days and she'd feared many times that she would never hear it again. She nuzzled his hand, wanting more contact with him, but afraid to hurt him.

"Kassina no bad hurt. Just little hurts. But all better now. Kassina know how not get stabbed." She said with a laugh. "Dartmoor need more training. Wardens take keep. Darkspawn get dead. Time now train lots." The young elf was tripping on her words trying to get them out so fast. She knew she didn't have long before he fell off to sleep again with the healing brews still trying to hold him under.

"Pack is good. Few hurt, but good forest here. Hunt lots. They want Kassina bring Dartmoor rabbits to make better, but Jez say no food yet. All ok now. You see soon."
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:31 pm

There. There was that smile he always got whenever she was not paying attention to herself as much as she should. But he knew as well as she did that once she caught the whiff of someone who required help she had small chance of keeping herself from healing. It was not easy. In a way one could say it was like it's own drug that she had to take and could not resist the pull of. This made life very difficult for any near her and she had lost friends before because she could not pay as much attention to them as they wished. She only hoped this did not happen with Ianto.

"You know, Jez, I think you might need a trained parrot or something. It could sit on your shoulder and constantly tell you the time."

A timid smile and a rosy blush flushed across her face, the tattoos turning a brighter shade, "What do I need a parrot for when I have you?" It wasn't a tease. It was a fact to her that he was there for her and she loved that.

The laugh in his throat died out as she put a hand on his face and looked up at him, her big brown eyes as earnest and undemanding as ever. The look alone was enough to make him feel bad, and he bit his bottom lip, looking away quickly. His hands pulled away from her, closer together on his lap in a vain attempt to hide the shaking.

"I'm fine, Jez, really. I've been trying to hold off as long as I can for the last week. I think I'm managing to go a little longer without it each time, but . . . " She took her hands from his face and put one on his shaking hands and one on hers.

"You are working hard at it." She looked up at him with no small amount of pride. He had been trying and it was noticeable. Yes, he would have difficulty through it and she could see each twitch that showed how hard he was fighting.

"But it's getting better. You know how it is. As long as I don't try to drop it all at once, I'll be fine."

He always had that strange look in his eyes when he spoke to her about the addiction like he did not really want to talk about it with her. What was it that made him react that way or feel that way? It was that wasn't it? He did not want her helping him. Wasn't that it?

"Ianto ..." Jezarine looked down at her hands and noticed that they had started shaking. Oh no no no she couldn't be shaking! What made her do that when she was thinking, just thinking of talking about important matters with him. No she could not back down from saying what she meant, "I ... I ... you're always there for me whenever I need you and it's always you who makes sure that I take care of myself and we're together most of the time unless we are working on something that takes us away from the others' side but you also make sure that someone watches out for me and I ask people if you are doing ok at whatever you're doing and it seems like we do want to be around each other a lot and the reason I watch over you is because I want to see you getting better and feeling good because I want to be around you and love when you are around me and want you better not the person better but you inside but I don't know ... oh oh ... I didn't say that quite right and I'm sure I meant it in a better way then what I just said but I think we should ... well maybe ... kinda like ... be together with each other ... uhm ... well... like kinda more if you ... if we ... if I'm not wrong and what we are and have and all ..."
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:59 pm

Kassina realized Darmoor was not going to go back to the healing sleep he needed until he knew what had happened. Jezarine has warned her his memory may be fuzzy due to the severity of his injuries. The brain often blocked out chunks of time like that to protect itself from the memory of the pain.

She closed her eyes and took a minute to enjoy the feel of his hand in hers while she gathered her thoughts. Despite the year spent with the others in the fade she still tripped and stumbled over the human way of thinking and communicating.

After a few minutes she opened her eyes and began. "Darkspawn attack keep from under. Kraven send all to stop. Small Alpha pack big danger. Must help. Leave Fade. Meet templar... Bry..ant?" She slowed trying to remember his name. Dang humans and their complicated names!

"Much fight. Darkspawn. Dead things. Magic traps. Shade still no part pack. Throw fire. If no Taka save water we all cook." She paused again, looking angry and indigent at the memory. "Big fight, Darkspawn come behind, stab Dartmoor bad." She slowed and paled as she said this part. Remembering her fear that he was dead. Briefly she closed her eyes, then opened them and took a deep breathe before continuing.

"Kassina and Taka heal you best can. Kassina get big, carry Dartmoor. More fight. Then find door. Shade go through door. Lock. Leave all behind. We no see again. Tatsoo so sad. All return top. Find Small Alpha. Kassina, Jez, Taka work fix you. Can no fix Tatsoo. Only time fix." She said with a sad smile.

She shook her head to clear the sad thoughts and shadows and smiled down at him once more. "Dartmoor much better, but not all better. Need sleep more. Stubborn snarly male no stay sleep. But now know, must sleep more." She leaned over to kiss his forhead but couldn't resist the lure of his lips and gave him a gentle but lingering kiss before reluctantly pulling away. "Sleep now."
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Ianto was something of a "keeping up with Jez's rambling" expert - if for no other reason than that he was a fairly adept rambler in his own right - but even he found himself feeling blindsided as she started on her fast-paced stream of words. Not, however, because she was speaking any faster than she might usually speak, but because the content was wholly unexpected. He wasn't sure, but he was fairly certain that he'd started gaping around mid-speech.

Was she asking what he thought she was asking? Did he want her to be asking it, if she was? it seemed like a stupid mental question on both parts - of course she was, and of course he did. If he was going to be completely honest, he wouldn't have even thought that it needed asking, it had just seemed so obvious between them. Not that he was taking Jez for granted, but rather because they worked so well together that they had somehow, at some point, seamlessly transcended any boundary that might have been between them.

But if Jez wanted any kind of reassurance, if she wanted to hear it from him, then of course he would say it, even if he hadn't thought it needed saying. He had no desire - less than no desire, he had negative, anti-desire - to cause her any apprehension or confusion about what they were to each other, and if could remove any of her nervousness, he would do it in a heartbeat.

Except, when he opened his mouth to cut her off and tell her that she wasn't wrong, not in the slightest, the words wouldn't come out. He paused mid-motion, and for what felt like a long, long time, he just looked down at her. It was easy, when they didn't say it, when all he really was was protecting her, nothing more, and anything else was left to skirt under the surface. Because taking that one extra step, doing that . . . and suddenly, all he could see was a sad pair of blue eyes so pale he'd thought they were blind at first instead of wide gold, pale skin that had never seen the sun in place of Jez's dark, smooth brown. In the span of an instant, he wasn't at Vigil's Keep - he was at the Circle Tower, standing in front of another mage he couldn't protect.

He'd always denied himself his own happiness - he'd confessed as much to the black-haired songstress that came and went about the camp as she pleased. And why shouldn't he? He didn't deserve it, after how horribly he'd messed up. How could he do the same thing to Jezarine? He was a Templar, for Andraste's sake! The only thing he'd ever be able to do would be to hurt Jez, and the Maker knew that she deserved so, so much more than him.

He stood up from the couch, shaking hands be damned, and strode quickly across the room, wracking both of his hands back through his hair to rest on his neck. "Jez, I-" he started, and already he knew that he was messing this up. It looked like he was about to try and let her down nicely, when that was the very last thing on his mind.

"Jez," he turned around this time to look at her, "No. I mean, yes, I-" he cut himself off, took a breath, and closed his eyes. "No, you're not wrong," he started again, as calmly this time as he could manage. "You're not wrong at all. But I don't know if I . . . " I don't know if I can risk hurting someone I love again. The pale elven face, eyes devoid of life when they'd shower her to him after her Harrowing, disappeared, and now all he could see was Jezarine, scared and trembling after being kidnapped, crying even while trying to look brave when she'd come back to them. It had killed him once, to see her in pain like that - what would it do to him the next time he messed up and she didn't come back? If he'd been a selfish person, he would have gone over to her right now and never let her go, but he couldn't afford to be selfish if it wasn't what was best for her.
Ianto
Ianto

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:40 am

The blood mage Wolfram Caron had been sleeping since the capture of Vigil's Keep. In the safety of the Fade, he is free from the pains of his body. He is able to walk and fight against the wishes of his physician, Jezarine. He is left unaware of being relocated to Vigil's Keep and unaware of the state of his injuries and those of his companions. His only companion through this has been the desire demon, who has been adamant at convincing him to turn away from the rest of vials of archdemon blood. He shooed her away and woke up for the first time in days.

A sudden gasp of air could be heard from his direction, followed by a grunt of pain. Wolfram's eyes opened and he supported himself on his forearms as he looked at his surroundings. Next to him was a staff. He quickly swept his feet off the bed and grabbed the staff for support. He almost stumbled, his muscles weakening during his sleep. But he got himself moving. He took two steps before noticing two people who had been gone just a few days ago. "D-dartmoor? Kassina? How...how are you all back already?" the blood mage questioned, baffled at the sight. He took a step forwards again, but the staff wasn't positioned properly and he fell to a knee.

"I need to know...what...what happened to the others? Is everyone alright?"
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:44 pm

The elf smiled down at Dartmoor as he spoke. "I sleep Dartmoor. Be small, soft, light. Cuddle."

Kassina looked up sharply as Wolfram got out of bed and made a dissaproving noise. Why were all males so stubborn and dumb. She jumped up and rushed to help him as he fell to his knees. She didn't know the mage very well, but she's spent days tending him and she wasn't going to have her work undone.

"You bed." She said firmly as she began helping him back to his bed, muttering a mix of common and what sounded like wolf under her breath. "Stubborn males" was all that could be made out. "How we here long story. Fade time not same as people time. But we back. Wardens now keep live. All fine... all but Shade." She told the mage as she tried to help get him settled. Hopefully he wouldn't fight her too much, but he looked like he could be a stubborn one.

She stepped back and looked between the two men. "Kassina go get Jez. Both stay bed!" The young elf commanded, giving them both long glares before stalking away shaking her head.

Kassina stopped at the closed door at the back of the infirmary. Doors were still somewhat of a novelty to her, and she stood staring at it for a moment trying to remember what she'd been told. What she'd been told by people and by animals was NOT the same and she had to sort through the information for a moment. Hesitantly she raised her hand and knocked on the door like she'd been shown.
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:03 am

"Sorry, but I must insist. Recovery will take much more time unless I stretch out my muscles every once in a while," Wolfram commented. However, the lack of movement had weakened him enough that he couldn't resist against Kassina's actions.

He managed to pull himself back up in a sitting position. Kassina's explanation, as broken as it was, was decipherable. Apparently time in the Fade flies by much faster than it does in here. Does...that mean he'll rapidly be aging when he finishes his transformation.

She also mentioned that they have taken the Keep. Which is quite a development, considering their formerly nomadic status. However the other thing she said was troubling. Although he had no fondness for Shade, he was still meant to be under his protection before they got separated.

"Dartmoor. How long were you in fade? How much time has passed for you in the past weeks you were gone?"
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:34 pm

There was a struggle going on within Ianto which was difficult to understand since he had not told Jezarine anything about what he felt. They clicked. Jezarine knew they clicked and that they worked so well together that everyone seemed to consider them a couple as it was. It was something no one had seemed to have expected but that's the way it was. The two could do things together without expecting much from the other except to be around each other.

But Jezarine wanted to know. She was afraid and she needed to know what was going on inside because sometimes he seemed to back off with her and that hurt. Even now she could see the struggle, the look of a trapped animal ready to bolt or deal with what was there. It was saddening thinking that she may be hurting him by trying to get him to say what he felt and due to this she lowered her eyes feeling guilty for the pain he was in.

Why couldn't I just leave him be? Poor Ianto. There's so much that hurts him and here I'm making him struggle.

"Jez,"

Jezarine looked up just as he turned around to look at her. Her eyes were soft and wet from feeling guilty about asking him the question but then he began speaking again and she watched his eyes.

"No. I mean, yes, I- No, you're not wrong. You're not wrong at all. But I don't know if I . . . "

Watching him fighting with himself was horrible but these words showed a lot. Jezarine flipped them around in her head as she close to burst from the couch and rushed to him, wrapping her arms around him and putting her cheek to his chest to listen to his heart beat. She shivered as she worked out what he had said and tried to determine what all it was he meant with how he had been acting and what his words indicated. Her mind was racing through all she knew about him, all she could tell from the way he'd acted when they were together and when she was told about when they were not.

It came down to pain deep down somewhere inside him.

Finally she lifted her head, looking up at him with her puppy dog brown eyes and brought an index finger to his mouth, "You hurt inside but we can get past that, Ianto. There is no hurry. True healing takes time when it is flesh and bone or the heart." She stood up on her tip toes to give him a kiss.

A moment later there was a knock on the door and Jezarine sighed, "We are ok, right?"
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto Sat May 05, 2012 10:16 pm

He stared down at her as she stood on her toes and kissed him, and he stared at her as she settled back on her feet and asked him if they were alright. Hopefully, if the Maker was merciful, she wouldn't take his staring as a bad thing, because he was pretty sure that his wide eyes and slightly open mouth more conveyed "momentary brain death" than "rejection." At least, he hoped so. Honestly, he hadn't seen that one coming, even though he probably should have, considering the way the conversation was going, and finally, realizing that she had asked him a question and he probably owed her an answer, he nodded.

His hands came up and dragged over his face and through his hair, resting on the back of his neck. The brief break in eye-contact was all he needed to take a deep breath and open his eyes to look at her, even managing a small smile this time. "Yeah," he said, and he put as much of his conviction as he could into that one word. "Yeah, we're okay. I promise." Then he reached down and hugged her, and she was so small that he had to bend his head down to bury his forehead down in her neck. For the span of a moment, he felt fine, safe, and then he stepped back, nodding at the door. "Don't want to keep 'em waiting, right? That wouldn't be very healer-ly of you."
Ianto
Ianto

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine Tue May 08, 2012 7:45 pm

Chocolate eyes glimmered with amusement as Ianto's face fell into an amazed state where he seemed to have lost everything to say, or trying to figure out where he was. "The peg come off the wheel?" She asked bemused but she was not sure if he heard her tease as if the brain was a wheel from an aravel that had come off and needed re-seating.

She had wanted to kiss him more but was afraid of being pushed away. Rejection was something she was not used to as she tended to ignore people who would reject her and never truly cared to make much headway with people past healing them. Ianto was much different. If he rejected her ... she did not know what to do if that happened.

His hand crossed over his face then through his hair and to the back of his neck making her wonder for a moment if it was alright. Had he even heard her? She bit down on her lip until she saw his eyes again while a small smile came onto his face. She smiled back as he hugged her and she held him as hard as she could until he released her.

"You're right. I ... Ianto, I may need your help. Ok I know I will need your help with Ostef. He's too heavy for me to move to clean him."

Jezarine touched his hand before opening the door and looking out, "Oh. Kassina? Is Dartmoor up?"
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Tue May 08, 2012 10:39 pm

A year? They spent a whole year on their own while he spent the following weeks in Jezarine's care. Will he be subject to the flow of time in the fade when he becomes a fade walker like Kraven? There was so much he never discovered about what it means to be a Fade walker and so much he has to learn.

Dartmoor's voice snapped him out of the that train of thought and back to why he has been bedridden. "After the ambush pushed me back through the portal, sharp pieces of rocks followed me. It was too sudden for me to protect myself with rock armor. So I got cut up pretty bad, when finally a large sharp rock pierced my stomach," Wolfram replied, putting his hand over the area of the wound.

"It did knock me out of the way from the boulder that sealed the portal, which certainly would have killed me, but I've been bedridden ever since. The wound hasn't closed up completely, and I've agitated it a bit, but I hopefully should be back in action next time it's required of me," He explained. He glanced back at the door where Kassina was alerting Jezarine.

"Now that we have secured the keep, I think I should be able to finish recuperating in whatever room is mine. Although...I guess that's all up to our resident healer to determine that."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Wed May 09, 2012 9:34 am

Kassina waited impatiently at the door. Privacy was still a relatively new concept to her and she didn't like it much. Sure she'd spent a year in the fade with the others, but there weren't many buildings and closed doors there. She was just about to knock again when the door opened.

She nodded to the other elf as she emerged. "Yes. Dartmoor wake. Wolfram too. He no want stay bed. Try get up. Snarly male." She said shaking her head in irritation. "Jez come?" The young elf asked uncertainly. "Ok Kassina get big. Make stay bed?" She grinned at the thought of this. She was pretty sure she could become a wolf big enough to easily hold both men in bed with paws the size of their chests.
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine Fri May 18, 2012 12:52 pm

Jezarine sighed as Kassina explained about both men wanting up and looked up at Ianto then back to Kassina, "Time to give you two a bit of training on difficult patients. First rule to learn is that the most difficult people to keep abed are wardens."

She chuckled as she walked towards the two men, "The second worst are Templars and Knights." Jez turned to waggle a finger at Ianto teasingly while winking, "And you know that's true so don't pretend it's not."

The healer stopped in front of the two beds with the warden men and put her hands on her hips, trying to look stern but that was another expression she could never get right, "Ok what is going on here you two? Lie down right now mister Dartmoor." She started off after catching the conversation, "You are going nowhere until I check you out and make sure everything is healing just fine mister Wolfram."

She gave him light push on the chest to make him lie down so she could get to his bandaging while taking a wash pan from the side table. Her fingers were gentle as she removed the cloth while wetting it to make it come off easier. It stung at the worst parts but not too badly.

Jezarine hummed as she looked at the wound and the whole area starting to feel like someone was tickling Wolfram. Soon it started to mend more and this time it closed up completely leaving a scar line that made it look like it had hardly been a scratch, "You've been asleep most of the time that these folks were in the fade but this wound didn't start repairing too well until they returned a week ago. Now ... this is quite a difference. It isn't fully healed but it should only take a week more to heal."
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto Fri May 18, 2012 11:08 pm

His mouth opened to protest on instinct, but it quickly snapped shut again, even without Jez's warning look. As much as he'd like to deny it, it was far too obviously true to ignore - Templars made for the worst kind of patients. He knew because he made the worst kind of patient, and he had been an unusually mild Templar to being with.

"We can't help it?" he offered lamely by way of explanation, laughing nervously to accompany what he was sure was a hardly satisfying answer. Really, it was just a mix of stubbornness and pride that kept Knights out of their healing bed when even they knew that they should be resting, and there was no explaining that away.

The healing room was livelier now that it had been when they left it, thanks to the waking patients. Jez did her best to look authoritative and imposing, but it wasn't really working out so well for her, so he backed her up, crossing his arms as he stood at her shoulder while trying to appear as menacing as possible. For all intents and purposes it probably didn't work so well, considering the people he was trying to intimidate into bed, but it was worth a shot.

After that, standing back and letting Jez do her thing was all he could do. He watched, keeping up on the rudimentary medical training Jez was attempting to offer him, but she was so in the zone - the healer zone, not the teacher zone - that he pretty soon lost track of what she was assessing and prodding. He could dress a wound fairly enough on his own, or set a dislocated arm in the middle of a fight - this kind of intricate thing was the work of swifter minds than his.
Ianto
Ianto

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:54 pm

Kassina was glad when Jezarine came right away to inspect the patients. She had some healing skill, but hers was like a hammer compaired to Jezarine's delicate and precisce skill. It felt to her like Dartmoor was healing well, but she could easily be missing something and the thought worried her. She didn't want to be responsable for him coming to harm if it could be avoided.

As they approached the patients Kassina sighed, happy that both men had stayed as ordered. She looked at Dartmoor suspiciously as he claimed to be a good patient. He must be feeling better if he was joking around. "Thieves stay never where good to be. Always where not allowed." She replied witha mischievious smile.

"Dartmoor must better soon. Whole cave.. no... room? stories here! Must see!" The young elf bounced excitedly on the balls of her feet, thinking of all the things she wanted to show him when he was out and about. But then she sobered remembering she needed to encourage him to stay in bed and heal properly. "Maybe Kassina bring stories to Dartmoor? That ok?" She asked, turning to look at Jezarine with big puppy like eyes.
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:24 am

Wolfram held back a laugh when Jezarine brought up the difficulty of tending to wardens. "Thankfully I'm a frail mage with a penchant for cutting himself instead of a knight," Wolfram joked. He went to scratch his eyebrows when he noticed his hands. Specifically his left hand, which is normally a scarred up mess, suffering from many cuts, the most recent of which was fighting Dice. It was almost completely healed. It reminded him of his third day in the company on the Fereldan Wardens. Which was also the third time Jezarine had to attend to him. "Although considering how I've been under your care every single day since I've joined the Fereldan Wardens, I may as well be a knight."

"Of course. I don't really have a choice. I proved last time it was a stupid idea." He complied with all of Jezarines actions, wincing in pain as she moved along. He was starting to shrug off pain since the initial injury. He didn't look at what she was doing but felt some of the pain fade away. He actually felt sensations that wasn't pain exclusive. "Well, I did reopen it once. So there's that. But will I be able to move around the keep now?"
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:00 pm

"You never can help it, Ianto." She gave him a brilliant grin that said it did not bother her in any way at all, her eyes shining happily before turning back to her work then heard Dartmoor start to speak.

Jezarine smiled at the thief as he said he was being good then almost choked on a laugh when Kassina told him that thieves never were where they were supposed to be. That was oh so completely true. It made her think of her brother and wonder what kind of trouble he was getting into. She hoped he wasn't bothering Fremelda again because that woman was likely to cut him up if he kept being ... well ... him.

"Stories would be a great thing to bring in here, Kassina. I wish we could grab a bard to keep the patients soothed. Some stories or light singing would be a nice change." She glanced at Dartmoor, "Not you! Your energy is needed for healing not singing. You were lucky to even survive that sword thrust."

Even though most people would sound strong and demanding when telling someone to behave, Jezarine's voice stayed steady and even though there was a tone of authority it was covered with a tenderness that only Jez could exude. Some people may have thought her too sugary sweet to be real but for the most part she was more like a doe relaxing while drinking at a stream.

She giggled at Wolfram, "You better watch it or Ianto may think you're just trying to get my attention instead of just healing." Her teasing was light as she patted his shoulder, "You will be able to have your own rooms and go about the Keep but you have to come see me once a day and if you see bleeding or anything strange like discolouration of the skin then come right to me. You can even go to tonight's meeting that Nygozy is having. Talk with Macha. I believe she has a map of the rooms all settled out so you can choose."

Jezarine turned to Dartmoor and checked him over before starting to work on him, "Now you get to stay here a bit longer but if you ask Ianto, Kassina, he may move Dartmoor to my spare room on a cot on the floor so that you and the wolves can visit easier. How would that be?"
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:06 pm

(will edit color codes later)

Wolfram chuckled at the thought. He wasn't that kind of person. The idea was laughable....right? His blood magic isn't a cry for attention...although it attracts a lot of it. Wolfram shook the thought from his head. All he needed to know was that he was able to travel the castle unattended.

"Ianto has nothing to worry about. Unless he wants my unlucky streak. I haven't gone a day without pain since I joined this little group," Wolfram joking replied. "He can take it if he wants it."

He started to get up when realizing he lacked proper clothes. "Eh...before I take my leave, would there be anything for me to change into before hand. I'd rather not wander around the castle nearly nude."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down