Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Mission to Amaranthine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Mission to Amaranthine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Mission to Amaranthine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Mission to Amaranthine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Mission to Amaranthine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Mission to Amaranthine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Mission to Amaranthine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Mission to Amaranthine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Mission to Amaranthine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Mission to Amaranthine

+2
Dragonis
Guremi
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mission to Amaranthine - Page 2 Empty Re: Mission to Amaranthine

Post  Khael Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:03 am

Khael sat quietly listening to the others and observing the patrons of the inn around him. His eye was immediately caught by the large Qunari. Well at least there was someone here stranger than his ragged band he thought. That would take some suspicion and attention away from them. Perhaps they could go unnoticed for awhile after all.

The young dwarf was grateful when their food arrived quickly for he was starving. He always seemed to be starving since the joining. Khael devoured half of his stew before he slowed down and spoke.

"I've never been to this city before but something seems off. I don't know what, just... everyone seems like they're acting. And badly. I'd say they're all nervous about something but too afraid to talk about it, even amongst themselves."
Khael
Khael

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Marcus' lips twisted into a frown when he heard Maddox and Khael's story of how they had trouble of getting in. Also that Qunari nearby was making the hairs on the back of his neck stand up on end. He didn't like this unsettling feeling. Khael was right, something was decidedly off about this city. Like it was all pretend. "Well... assuming all is well at the Keep, the Commander could always take Bann Esmerell in for questioning... but I just can't shake the feeling that we're missing something important." He said, scratching his chin.

He looked over towards Hyperion. "Maddox... you have contacts here, yes? Can they tell us about anything that's been happening lately? Power vacuum aside, I know there is something amiss. Khael seems to feel it too." He suggested and pulled out his carving knife and a block of wood, beginning to shape it.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashkaari Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:23 pm

The Ashkaari kept to listening in without appearing to do so, sipping his tea and staring at what he had in front of him, denying the bas the notion that he was, indeed, listening in. Before he spoke with them -- if he did and he wanted to -- he would ascertain who and what they were. It didn't yet make sense to him, but it was like a small piece of a puzzle. The name 'Tiberius' made him think of Tevinter, and he wondered what this man was doing with Tevinters.

He wished that his Ben-Hassrath guards were here. But they were not. "Shok ebassit hissra," he murmured, asala in his grip. He had no doubts. Struggle was an illusion, and there was certainty in the task before him even though he was not defended.

He decided to insert himself into the conversation. If the bas did not like it, that was just how it was. He was unbothered, as there were no feelings to be bothered. He turned, facing them. "There is something strange going on in the city," he replied. "But I am unaware of what." But the Ashkaari knew and understood bas customs, and added, "It is necessary to introduce myself. I am called Ashkaari." There were no weapons on his form, and should these bas attack him for some reason he would most certainly die, but he was unafraid and he saw no reasons for them to even given their unpredictability.

Perhaps there was wisdom to be had in this venture.

EDIT: *edits* Didn't realise there was whispering, my bad.
Ashkaari
Ashkaari

Back to top Go down

Post  Guremi Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Of course she should have remembered Maddox's reputation and that he had said shortly after leaving the wardens that he was known here and even by Aidan. Now she felt the fool for going directly for one plan without thinking everything completely through. She should have spent more time considering the options instead of going with Marcus' plan. Had she compromised the mission by taking that plan to show Marcus that she trusted his planning? It wasn't that she did not trust his plans but he did not know all the information behind the situation and SHE did.

This was not something the partial Qunari was used to. Normally her choices were based on skills and background, information that she had. Never before had she not given every aspect a looking over before tossing out bits of information she felt would not help.

Instead of relaying her concerns to the others, Guremi brushed back some of the red locks to her wig and sighed, "At least there is that, Maadox. So you and Khael get to be the cheese in this mission."

Khael then Marcus then spoke their minds and she nodded, "I agree. It does seem to be very strange. We are going to ..."

Then the full Qunari spoke and Guremi was unsure of what to say until she realized what he was, "Ashkaari." She said with proper dialect for the race, "You are a knowledge seeker well out of your realm with no guards? I would assume that you have been within the town longer so know of things we do not."
Guremi
Guremi

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:31 pm

"I'm okay with being bait. I have a reputation for trouble, especially in here, hence the security deposit." Maddox replied.

Contacts? He does have several contacts. But can he think of any that may help? He has a contact close to the Bann, but she would only be able to relay second hand info. And another contact that was a bit lower to the ground was accused of something last time they met and might still be laying low. But there was one man who could possibly explain it all. For a price. Where as the other contacts both required favors for payments, this man required a good deal of sovereigns.

"I know a guy. He calls himself an information broker. His info never let me down, but at the same time it lightened my purse. Never knew him to charge more than 50 sovereigns. I can say I can afford at most one request. He would probably give us all the info we need to find this group we are looking for."

He paused. "You might have heard of him Guremi. He is referred to as the Dark Wolf. He refers to himself as something else, but I'd risk exposing him if I said it in public."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Khael Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:32 am

Khael finished his meal while listening to the others talk. "I'll be the cheese as long as you keep me away from the Commander." He joked at Guremi's comment.

He nearly choked on the bread he was eating when the large Qunari came over and introduced himself. The creature... man, he supposed, was just far too large for Khael's comfort. The young dwarf fought the urge to go for his weapon as the stranger didn't seem to be an immediate threat, despite his size. He was polite, and he seemed to be unarmed.

Khael looked around the table and then gestured to an empty chair at the table. "No use standing about drawing attention to yerself. I'm sure we could probably use all the help we can get in this creepy town." Suddenly Khael stopped, realizing he was probably overstepping his authority. He looked briefly to the others, then grabbed another chunk of bread, intent of filling his mouth to keep it quiet.
Khael
Khael

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashkaari Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:46 pm

((Sorry this took so long. The Qunhat was not working with me for a long while, but I'm forcing it to work.))

The female bas wearing the helmet appeared to know a bit about the Qunari, whereas most were uneducated as to their ways. That was interesting, but not unheard of, as the bas may have had encounters with Qunari sent to these lands, or may have been from Rivain. "Yes, I am a seeker of knowledge and wisdom," he replied. "The Ben-Hassrath accompanying me were slain." He was alone, yet he did not falter. Were he to die, he would be returned to the Qun, doing his duty for his people. His soul would be likely wasted, however, pilfered by filthy bas. He would hope that he could survive anyway, and that these bas could be trusted. He had no choice, however.

"An 'information broker'?" the Qunari asked. "He exchanges information for currency?" The Qunari did not have currency; everyone did their role for the people, did not sell it, but he had seen bas selling themselves everywhere. Mercenaries, shopkeepers, actors, prostitutes.

The dwarf spoke. The Ashkaari was reminded of a time that he nearly tripped over a dwarf, in Rivain. He would not make that mistake again. Dwarves were strong, despite their stocky builds. And they made wonders that nearly rivaled that of the Qunari. "I will aid you in your investigation," he said. He required no payment; there would be knowledge, and maybe wisdom, to gain on this quest.
Ashkaari
Ashkaari

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:33 pm

So there was an information broker around. Well that was something at least. The massive elf leaned back in his chair and observed the Qunari's exchange with Guremi. He kept a hand on the haft of Durbans just in case the horned stranger made a threatening move. Gray eyes watched the room carefully. "A Qunari quoting the Qun comes calling us out of curiosity or concealed consternation. Call us your coded names, if you feel, but my comrades can be quite compassionate." He went on another alliterative tangent, sliding easily into the Durbans persona as he had done hundreds of times before when amidst strangers. He continued, "Information is important in an intrinsic struggle against insidious, insipid spies and despots."
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guremi Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:03 pm

"I'm okay with being bait. I have a reputation for trouble, especially in here, hence the security deposit.

"Yes, I remember hearing of those times." Guremi commented while thinking things over and listening to what was going on around them.

"I know a guy. He calls himself an information broker. His info never let me down, but at the same time it lightened my purse. Never knew him to charge more than 50 sovereigns. I can say I can afford at most one request. He would probably give us all the info we need to find this group we are looking for." His pause gave weight to his considerations,"You might have heard of him Guremi. He is referred to as the Dark Wolf. He refers to himself as something else, but I'd risk exposing him if I said it in public."

Her eyes lifted and she grinned, "Yes I have heard of this Dark Wolf but ... are you sure he is a man? I overheard Alistair speaking of this in a meeting with ser Macha Cousland while I was guarding them. It sounded like this person was a she."

"No use standing about drawing attention to yerself. I'm sure we could probably use all the help we can get in this creepy town." Khael commented and that made her nod her head.

"I will aid you in your investigation," The Qunari responded.

"A Qunari quoting the Qun comes calling us out of curiosity or concealed consternation. Call us your coded names, if you feel, but my comrades can be quite compassionate. Information is important in an intrinsic struggle against insidious, insipid spies and despots."

"You forgot incredibly intrepid interlopers, love."
She teased Marcus then nodded at the rest, "Thank you for offering your services, Ashkaari. They may be well needed. Now, what have we learned as of far? I have noticed that parents keep their children close to them at all times and that the patrols are quite extensive. That would lead me to believe that there is some form of danger no one is willing to talk about."
Guremi
Guremi

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:24 pm

"I do believe there was mention of a Dark Wolf in Denerim. It is possible that there are two Dark Wolves. They could be unrelated, or maybe a copycat," Maddox paused. "I haven't heard anything about the Denerim Dark Wolf since after the Landsmeet. Hmm...maybe Nygozy knows about it. She was in Denerim trying to rally support at the time."

Maddox sat back in his seat and looked down to see Tiberius. He reached back and pat him on the head as the others tried to develop a plan of action. He had almost completely ignored the Qunari since his initial observation of his presence.

"When does anyone speak of danger in a city whose income relies on the coin of outsiders? It would scare them and their coin away."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Khael Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:40 pm

Khael finished his food silently as the others spoke. When there was silence he looked around the table at his bizarre party.

"Well I'm not much for sitting around and talking. I'm more for action. Someone just point me in a direction and let me go. Preferably with someone to figh on the other end."

With that said the young dwarf flagged down the waitress and ordered another mug of ale.
Khael
Khael

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:56 pm

((Ashkaari it is your turn. Has been for over 2 months))
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2