Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Supper Time Day One I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Supper Time Day One I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Supper Time Day One I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Supper Time Day One I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Supper Time Day One I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Supper Time Day One I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Supper Time Day One I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Supper Time Day One I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Supper Time Day One I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Supper Time Day One

+4
Caterina
Ianto
Bowen
Nygozy
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Supper Time Day One Empty Supper Time Day One

Post  Nygozy Tue May 25, 2010 9:41 pm

Bowen Pentaghast wrote:
''Worry not. But I give you my thanks. Anyway, this poor thing is done. May I help you with something else?''

Bowen smiled at Ianto. ''That little scoundrel decided in Denerim he wanted to come with us. Calliara is his mommy, and I am the pillow and the one who spoils him while she tries to educate him properly. It's an embarrassing thing to admit, but I melt when he looks at me with those sad, big puppy eyes''. He chuckled, not looking embarrassed at all, and stroked gently the pup's little ears. Fenrir barked again, waving his little tail.

Nygozy laughed as Fenrir chewed on Ianto's boots and got the meal ready for consumption when she heard the chatter of some birds. That was interesting. She stood and walked to the center of camp, not making much note of the others. The first thing she saw come from the forest was a dark Elven woman on a bay horse who did not look like she was suited to the woods at all and by the way she rode was not a rider either.

One thing caught her eye though. There was a pack with the colours of the King among the saddlebags. She choked, looking down for the moment to get her composure. It was a messenger from him.

"Hello? Would you happen to be Nygozy the Hero of Fereldan?"

She gave a slight dip of her head, "Yes. I am at that. Bowen, Ianto, Caterina ... if you don't mind I have business to attend to." The woman tried to look calm, keeping most of her feelings from her face but some sadness was still evident.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Supper Time Day One Empty Re: Supper Time Day One

Post  Bowen Wed May 26, 2010 8:12 am

Bowen nodded politely, standing while Nygozy walked apart from them, and then sat down again next to Caterina and Ianto, cutting potatoes.

''It seems something is happening. I wonder... Hey!!''. He scowled playfully when Fenrir grabbed one of the potatoes he was trying to cut and ran away with it. ''You scoundrel! I bet you won't like it at all!''

Fenrir lay down a bit far from them, with the potato between his little paws and waving his little tail excitedly. If the tall ones were going to eat it, it must be delicious! Excited, he chew it. And the choked and lowered his little ears, disappointed. It was cold and not delicious at all... Sadly he returned with the tall ones, and his happiness returned as well when Daddy picked him up to his lap.

Bowen chuckled. ''You know I can't be angry with you, little scoundrel, you don't need to look at me with those sad eyes! Wait a few moments and you'll have something nice to eat''

Fenrir barked happily. Most of the time he understood just partly what the tall ones were saying, excepting for Mommy and the kind not-so-tall lady, but 'eat' was something that he definitely recognized.
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto Wed May 26, 2010 10:18 am

Ianto was cutting potatoes with minimal pain (he'd only nicked himself once, on the thumb), and was already almost half-way done with the pile he had to cut, so he allowed himself a moment to watch the frolicking puppy (taking that time, too, to suck on his bleeding finger). He could help but snicker at the mabari pup's obvious dislike for the taste of the potato.

"I agree completely," he said with a laugh as the puppy passed him to go back to Bowen's lap. "I never had a taste for potatoes, myself." He leaned over Caterina, who was between him and Bowen, a ran a finger down the pup's back.

He looked out the corner of his eye at Bowen, and gave the older man a sympathetic smirk. "I don't know how you ever resist anything this little guy wants, man. I don't think I'd be able to deny him the world, if the little bugger asked for it." He ran another finger down Fenrir's back- the soft puppy fur was a lot different from the stiff fur of an adult mabari. A moment later, he sat back up straight in his seat. It probably wasn't polite to lean across the lap of a lady you didn't know, just to pet a dog.

"I wish I'd had a dog when I was growing up," he complained as he picked up another potato to cut. "I probably wouldn't have been booted off to the chantry. They say dogs are a good influence on problem kids."
Ianto
Ianto

Back to top Go down

Post  Caterina Wed May 26, 2010 10:35 am

Caterina looked up curiously as she was peeling potatoes as Nygozy stepped away from the group, but she decided to let it slide. As curious as she naturally was, it probably wasn't a good idea to go spying on your new camp leader. Well, at least not yet. She could help a small, mischievous smile to herself before turning to look at Bowen and Fenrir.

It was too cute, watching him with the little dog. It was hard to believe that Fenrir would eventually get to be about as big as Torture was. Hm. That would make it hard for him to sit in Bowen's lap... She seemed to consider that as if it was a true and present problem, but then waved it off.

"You know," she said, leaning forward to tap the puppy on the nose. "Maybe if we can't teach you to be ferocious yet, maybe you can at least learn to do some tricks? I know you can understand us, you adorable mongrel. Give me your paw." She held out her hand, as if waiting to receive a handshake. She smiled at the puppy reassuringly, and expectantly.
Caterina
Caterina

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowen Wed May 26, 2010 3:55 pm

Fenrir sniffed curiously Caterina's hand and the barked happily, licking her fingers and patting it lightly with his paws. Bowen laughed softly and looked at Ianto.

''I wish I had a dog too, but in Nevarra there aren't dogs like this one... Cats are more common. Oh, here he goes...''

He sighed as Fenrir jumped off his lap to Caterina's, licking happily her chin and cheeks, and then jumped again to Ianto's lap to do the same, barking excitedly.

''I don't know what he is saying... but I bet he is begging for food'' Bowen smirked
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine Wed May 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Jezarine took hers and Kai's horses to the paddock, removed their saddles and reigns to let them go play with the other horses. She watched them for a moment then walked into the camp itself, looking at the three Humans shyly. Some humans took badly to Elves so she took care, almost stumbling over her feet approaching them. They must already all be friends and she was probably going to be a third, or fourth in this case, wheel.

"Uhm ... hi. I'm Jezarine ... I was sent from Weisshapt and then King Theirin sent me here. May I join you? Maybe cut up some carrots and herbs?"
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowen Thu May 27, 2010 3:10 am

"Uhm ... hi. I'm Jezarine ... I was sent from Weisshapt and then King Theirin sent me here. May I join you? Maybe cut up some carrots and herbs?"

Bowen stood up politely and smiled at the newcomer, bowing his head a little.

''But of course you can join us. My name is Bowen, Bowen Pentaghast from the Grey Wardens. Please take a seat with us''

Fenrir jumped from Ianto's lap to sniff Jezarine excitedly, barking, and sat in front of her waving his little tail, waiting for her to notice him.
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto Fri May 28, 2010 6:59 pm

Ianto glanced up with an inquiring look as he heard footsteps near where he, Caterina, and Bowen were sitting. When he found the source, he saw it to be a dark-colored elf with a rather reserved way of talking. He stared at her a moment before smiling over at her. Awkwardness aside, it would be best to welcome newcomers with a smile (even though he didn't bother getting up from his seat; peeling potatoes, after all, was rather important at the moment).

"Hello there, Jezarine. Welcome to this, our humble out-door abode. If you're sent from Weisshapt, then you might Bowen here. Or, perhaps it's Fenrir's reputation that precedes him." He looked at the yapping puppy with an amused grin as the mabari jumped up at the elf excitedly.

"As for helping with the cooking, well," he looked down at his newly bleeding finger, a reward for his inattention, "I might be convinced to part with my knife and potatoes, if you really wanted to take up the job." His smile was almost wincing with his offer.
Ianto
Ianto

Back to top Go down

Post  Caterina Fri May 28, 2010 7:08 pm

Caterina was so entranced in her peeling that she almost didn't notice the footsteps approaching. Of course, as an assassin, her idea of 'approaching' was when Jezarine took her first step towards the campfire, from the other side of the camp. By the time the elf had half-way approached them, however, Caterina had picked up on the sound, and had lifted her head curiously to investigate, pausing in her potato preparations for a moment (so that she didn't end up like the fool of a man next to her, cutting his fingers while his attention was elsewhere).

When she found the origin of the footsteps, and the person attached to them, Caterina couldn't help a look of admiration. She jumped from her seat just a moment before Bowen rose from his own seat, and she quickly closed the gap between her and the dark-skinned elf.

With an appreciative once-over on the elf's appearance, Caterina turned her eyes back to Jezarine, a merry sparkle in them. She took the elf's hands in her own, and positively cooed. "I adore your tunic! And your hair is adorable! You have tell me where you got the cloth for your clothing." If there was anything Caterina could appreciate in physicality, it was handsome men (and women, if she were so inclined), and good clothes. Even the austere life of a peasant orphan had been unable to rid her of her mild obsession for finery. In fact, it may have even added to the allure. When one had nothing, one often dreamed of having everything.
Caterina
Caterina

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine Fri May 28, 2010 7:44 pm

''But of course you can join us. My name is Bowen, Bowen Pentaghast from the Grey Wardens. Please take a seat with us''

"Well, thank you good ... oh!" She looked down at Fenrir with curiosity in her eyes. The woman had seldom been around dogs, or many animals besides halla and cats. Even if she hadn't been in line to be the next Keeper of her clan she still would not have gone beyond the boundaries of the camps. A hand came down to pet the puppy, nervously at first then more stable when she figured it wasn't going to bite, "Oh. Nice puppy. You are a marbari, yes? Your tail is wagging so that must mean you are a happy puppy. I think I like you."

"Hello there, Jezarine. Welcome to this, our humble out-door abode. If you're sent from Weisshapt, then you might Bowen here. Or, perhaps it's Fenrir's reputation that precedes him."

Jezarine looked at Ianto then Bowen and smiled shyly, starting to ramble because these were two very good looking men and she became nervous. This time she actually spoke in sentences instead of plunking everything together oddly but still spoke at a fair pace, "I don't know, really. You see I am a Keeper, or would have been, so I get into knowledges more than anything else. I stayed in the library a lot and was mostly in a book so ... maybe ... I might have seen you outside when they were training me to fight but I was usually on my rump at those times so wouldn't have noticed anyone much but I'm sure I would have noticed you, Bowen." She blushed and looked away from the men and at the woman who had just rushed up to her.

"I adore your tunic! And your hair is adorable! You have tell me where you got the cloth for your clothing."

"Oh this? I bought it at a market in a fairground and then got a seamstress I knew to make this up. She did ..." Jez noticed Ianto cut himself and rushed over to him and knelt by his side.

"As for helping with the cooking, well. I might be convinced to part with my knife and potatoes, if you really wanted to take up the job."

She took his hands in hers and closed her eyes, letting the healing power flow into the wound which had cut much more than the man had probably suspected. It was deep but within moments it was cured, "There, now let me take those off your hands. Uhm and ... your names? I caught Bowen's name but not either of yours. People sometimes call me Jez if you like shortening names and I really like your hair too, miss. I can't sew at all so I have others do it." She started working on the potatoes.
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto Fri May 28, 2010 8:17 pm

Ianto blinked, taken completely off guard by Jezarine's sudden movements. He moved his body back slightly, instinctively, in surprise, but allowed his hand to be captured by the suddenly worried elf. He tilted his head as he felt the familiar... feel of magic.

For a moment, he had to wonder how it was that magic felt. He'd almost call it a 'sludge'y feeling, except calling it 'sludge' had a rather awful connotation. It was just that it kind of felt like it moved like sludge- slow and cold. When he pictured it in his mind, the way magic moved, he kind of saw this... clear, glittery, glowing gooey magic thing, covering whatever area the magic was being used on like a balm...

Anyway, that's when it felt like to him. Not that it made any sense, and not that living for more than 15 years of his life surrounded by mages had made it any clearer to him.

Then, rather suddenly, it occurred to him that he should lower his natural Templar shields, to allow her magic to work. It was kind of instinctive, after so long, to keep his magic-disrupting aura activated at all times, but now that he was going to live peacefully with mages (as he'd always wanted to) it would be best to get into the habit of keeping that defensive aura deactivated. So, he closed his eyes and felt his mind push the defense back, and as he did he could feel the cool touch of magic begin to heal the skin of his hand.

When it was done healing, he inspected his finger, and looked up at the elf, a broad smile on his face. "Thanks for that, Jez. That should teach me to cut potatoes without looking, eh?"

Because both Bowen and Caterina had gotten up from their seats, he was able to scoot over, making a seat for he elf-mage, and carefully handed his knife to her. "And, here you go. Can't thank you enough, even though I'm putting you to work after you've only just got here. I'll make it up to you. How do you feel about card tricks?"
Ianto
Ianto

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowen Sat May 29, 2010 9:08 am

"I don't know, really. You see I am a Keeper, or would have been, so I get into knowledges more than anything else. I stayed in the library a lot and was mostly in a book so ... maybe ... I might have seen you outside when they were training me to fight but I was usually on my rump at those times so wouldn't have noticed anyone much but I'm sure I would have noticed you, Bowen."

Bowen smiled and sat down again, with Fenrir on his lap and rubbing the puppy's back softly. ''Maybe or maybe not. Calliara and I trained apart from them, as we were staying in a building in the yard, not in the fort. Gunnar was staying in the infirmary. Maybe you remember him, if you're a healer as obviously you are... A dwarf, you know. Short, muscled, red haired... without left hand.'' He frowned lightly, but soon he smiled gently again. ''In any case, it's not important, my lady, do not worry. And by the way, the lovely lady that is enjoying a lot your clothes and hair is Caterina, and he is Ianto. I know they can introduce themselves, but being old has some advantages. It's nice to meet you, Jez''

Looking to Ianto, Bowen smirked and placed the happy puppy on the other human's lap. ''Knowing that you're done with the cutting, here you are. Enjoy, my friend''

Fenrir barked happily and licked Ianto's fingers, rolling on his back playfully. Bowen smiled at the women now. ''So you're another Dalish. Calli would be delighted to know you, Jez. And you, Caterina...'' He smirked. ''You would be able to ask her about hair and clothes and whatever. How lucky are we, simply men, having such beautiful ladies staying with us here in camp''
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Caterina Sat May 29, 2010 9:58 am

Caterina trailed happily behind Jez as the elf went about healing the Templar's finger. She couldn't help but giggle slightly at the man's clumsiness, but it was cute, rather than annoying. After all, how could she be annoyed by a man she'd only just met? In any case, it seemed like there were enough people around camp that could cook that the loss of Ianto's helping hand really didn't matter.

Caterina took a seat on the other side of Bowen from Ianto and Jex, and rested her head in her hand with a smile as she watched the two from around the older warrior. She laughed beratedly, and playfully hit her own forehead when Bowen introduced her and Ianto. "Oh, of course. How silly of me. Caterina Caelestis, at your service. As might be possible for you to tell from my fetching accent and even more fetching appearance, I hail from Antiva. The word of an Antivan is a promise, dear elf, and I give my word that, if fighter you are not, I shall do my best to protect you in the field of battle." She ended her introduction with a playful wink, and casually flipped her white hair over her shoulder.

"As for you, Bowen dear, it simply seems to be your mortal luck to be surrounded by women such as us. Don't you agree, Jez?" The playful tilt of her head, and her conspiratorial wink invited the Dalish elf into the joke.
Caterina
Caterina

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine Sun May 30, 2010 12:08 pm

"Thanks for that, Jez. That should teach me to cut potatoes without looking, eh? And, here you go. Can't thank you enough, even though I'm putting you to work after you've only just got here. I'll make it up to you. How do you feel about card tricks?"

She smiled at him, "No problem whatsoever. I like to heal people and I really enjoy cooking as well. I'm pretty good but not excellent. It's edible anyway and I don't mind working right away. It gives me something to do and lets me feel useful."

''Maybe or maybe not. Calliara and I trained apart from them, as we were staying in a building in the yard, not in the fort. Gunnar was staying in the infirmary. Maybe you remember him, if you're a healer as obviously you are... A dwarf, you know. Short, muscled, red haired... without left hand. In any case, it's not important, my lady, do not worry. And by the way, the lovely lady that is enjoying a lot your clothes and hair is Caterina, and he is Ianto. I know they can introduce themselves, but being old has some advantages. It's nice to meet you, Jez''

"Knowingthat you're done with the cutting, here you are. Enjoy, my friend.

"So you're another Dalish. Calli would be delighted to know you, Jez. And you, Caterina... You would be able to ask her about hair and clothes and whatever. How lucky are we, simply men, having such beautiful ladies staying with us here in camp''

"Oh a Dwarf without a left hand? I think I remember something ... he wasn't my patient, that much I know." A little ornamental knife came out of her bodice and she tapped the tip of the sheath against her bottom lip, a strange habit she'd picked up whenever considering things and trying to remember details, "Do you know what has happened with him?"

Jez stopped tapping her lip and looked directly at Bowen for a moment, "Another Dalish? Oh that's good! Well, good day to you, Ianto and Caterina." She gave them respectful little nods then laughed, "Hair and clothes are not all women talk about, right Caterina? We also talk about handsome men like you two."

She put a hand over her mouth, her eyes wide looking shocked that she'd said that last part. There was a bright blush upon her cheeks and she seemed shy again.

"Oh, of course. How silly of me. Caterina Caelestis, at your service. As might be possible for you to tell from my fetching accent and even more fetching appearance, I hail from Antiva. The word of an Antivan is a promise, dear elf, and I give my word that, if fighter you are not, I shall do my best to protect you in the field of battle. As for you, Bowen dear, it simply seems to be your mortal luck to be surrounded by women such as us. Don't you agree, Jez?"

"Antiva? That is an interesting place. I've been through the area long ago but that's about it." She gave Caterina a bright smile at the promise, "Oh thank you so much! I really don't like fighting but I am good at healing and giving energy to those fighting. Those are my best skills." She bowed her head a bit, "I'm afraid that even though I don't want the enemy to win I really don't like hurting them myself. It's ... against my grain. It's easy enough to see the enemy go down but it's hard to do it myself, even though I will if I have to."
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowen Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:17 am

"Do you know what has happened with him?"

Bowen nodded, looking at the sky. ''If you mean if I know what happened to his hand, yes. I know. If you mean where is he now, Calli and I had to leave him in Weisshaupt. He'll join us eventually, if he is able to''

"Hair and clothes are not all women talk about, right Caterina? We also talk about handsome men like you two."

''WELL-well, that's an awesome thing to know, my lovely ladies...''. The Nevarran smirked playfully and poked Ianto in the ribs lightly with his elbow. ''Do you see, kid? We have them already... until they find something better!''

Fenrir yawned happily on Ianto's lap, chewing his belt, but suddenly he lifted his little ears, listening to something that was still far. And then, with an excited bark, he jumped from the human's lap to run away. Bowen smiled again. ''I bet that means 'Mommy, mommy is here, mommy!'. Calli, Drake and Durbans must be coming back''
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:10 am

Suddenly the group could hear the shrieks of shrieks and see a fight going on up on the top of the plateau Nygozy stayed on. Before they could do much else, Darkspawn started rushing through the mouth of the trail which came into camp from the direction of Orzammar and a Hurlock Emissary took aim, shooting a fireball at the plateau. The rest of the forces directed their attention between the camp and the plateau.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dragonageafter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Caterina Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:36 am

Any witty retort Caterina may have had when Jezarine mentioned the handsome men (which she thoroughly agreed with, and was almost disappointed that she could say so), died in her mind as her senses worked ahead of her mind and body. Sound, smell- they alerted her into acting on instinct, before she really even knew what was happening. Stepping and disappearing into the shadows as only an assassin could, Caterina narrowed her eyes to glare off into the distance, searching...

There!

Once more, before she could think, she'd pulled a dagger from her leg pouch, and had thrown it with full force and accuracy on a Shriek that was sneaking up to their little quartet, coming from the bushes to the backs of Ianto and Bowen. After the horrid creature let out an even more horrible shriek, she backflipped out of the tree, and with a deft movement landed in a crouch behind the tall, elven darkspawn, and stabbed her longsword through its back, tearing out viciously to kill it.

And that, it seemed, was only the beginning. The Shriek's piercing cry only seemed to herald an ever greater herd of darkspawn. From somewhere near the hill she heard another two hellish roars, and then a mob of darkspawn was on them. With a quick glance at her companions, she disappeared into the shadows again. She was no direct fighter- she didn't have the strength. Her skill lay in hiding, in picking off the darkspawn where they least expected it, and in aiding any companions where they might need a helping, hidden blade.
Caterina
Caterina

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowen Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:46 am

Bowen sensed the same as Caterina, and was standing up when she threw the knife to the shriek behind Ianto and him. Now serious, the warrior drew his longsword and his shield, thinking it was a pity he wasn't wearing his full armor. Surely the ladies would appreciate that...

Bowen wasn't a subtle warrior. He was more a 'tank type', so when darkspawn ran to their position he smirked.

''Lady Jezarine, stay back, please. Lady Caterina, cover us and protect her. Ianto, my friend, let me go first''

And with that and a resonant war cry, the Nevarran charged to the first two darkspawn who reached their position, using the shield like a wall to hit them hard
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:08 am

Whatever had been on Ianto's mind a few moments ago, it was forgotten now. Well, maybe not wholly forgotten- it was hard to forget having two very lovely ladies tell you that you were handsome- but it was certainly pushed to the back of his mind. He was no Warden, and he didn't have the ability to sense Darkspawn like the others, but he was a damn good warrior and Templar, if he did say so himself, so by the time the others were jumping out of their seats, he was already up as well, ready for action.

Ianto had the strengths and skills of a Warrior, but often preferred a more roguish style of fighting, preferring to use two one-handed swords to strike faster, but while also dealing more damage than a typical rogue. Of course, he thought as he looked on at Bowen, he also didn't have that kind of physical power, either. He'd just have to make do with what he could.

He took a step back, casting a reassuring glance back at Jezarine, who was standing a few feet behind him, before turning back to the fight at hand. "Stay back there, Jez," he called over to her, standing at the ready. "We wouldn't want our lifeline getting hurt in battle." He glanced back once more, quickly, and gave the elven girl a wink. He trusted her to keep away from the big-fight, and to keep herself safe, but he would keep an ear and eye on her, in case trouble found her (as it had a way of doing in big fights).

Ianto acquiesced to Bowen for a short moment, allowing the man to go first before he charged in only a moment later. There was an Emissary by the edge of the battle, casting magic to attack from a distance. Perfect. There was no enemy that Ianto was more prepared to fight than a magic user, and none he enjoyed to kill so much as darkspawn- it was practically a match made by the Maker himself.

With a quick extending of aura onto his blades- a magic dispelling aura that drained mana- Ianto struck at the Emissary, dealing a solid blow to it's chest. It's crude armor protected it somewhat, but he smirked to himself with satisfaction. Hey, action was action. Sometimes you needed some to spice up an otherwise boring day (or, in this case, to create an exciting end to a pretty darn good day).
Ianto
Ianto

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:53 pm

Something was going on but Jezarine could not fathom what. She was happily working on the potatoes when everyone reacted and she sat there stunned only long enough to see there was really bad stuff going on. Up from the ground, the skittish Dalish bounced to a standing position and looked about in fear.

"Oh no oh no." She had no idea what to do. The woman had never actually been in a real fight before and the sight of the Shriek falling startled her even more. Her hands went to her ears as she cried out from the sound of it, missing what the men were saying. There was something about "back" and "hurt" but she wasn't sure as she suddenly saw claws tearing down at her face.

Jezarine fell backwards onto the ground with her own shriek of terror, letting out a stonefist attack in fear. The only reason her spell hit was because the Shriek was so close or she likely would have missed.

The creature flew backwards, hitting the ground near Bowen as Jezarine gasped on the ground, eyes wide and fearful.
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinjan Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:44 am

Sinjan's call came from the path towards the plateau Nygozy's tent was on, "GET UP TO THE PLATEAU! WE'RE BEING OVERWHELMED!"
Sinjan
Sinjan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowen Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:33 am

Bowen growled angrily while charging again. It was a bit offensive, actually. He was exhausted for the long journey and now they were being attacked. What a pity and how unpolite, not even a night of rest before going back to work...

Then the shriek landed just beside him, and for a moment he looked at it, surprised. That was enough for a big hurlock to reach him, and Bowen grunted when he felt a blade sinking deeply in his side, between his armor and his belt.

''For the Grey Wardens!!''. He yelled at the hurlock, beheading him with a swift movement from his sword, and then hitting with his shield another darkspawn who was trying to exceed him and attack the ladies. The Nevarran was like a stone wall with his height of 6'3'', using his shield to stop them and his sword or even a quick nudge, blow with the sword's hilt or a kick to unstabilize them and then kill them quickly.

"GET UP TO THE PLATEAU! WE'RE BEING OVERWHELMED!"

''Ianto''. He growled, hurt but not showing it. ''Escort the ladies to the plateau like a good boy. I take charge on this''
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:01 am

The only think that kept Ianto from rushing over the the frightened mage was the Shriek snapping at his face, which he held off only an inch from his body with his swords. When she cried out once more, he gritted his teeth and shoved the Shriek away with a kick to its chest, and with a swift movement he thrust one of his swords through it's chest, bringing the other one forward to hack its head off in the same movement. While one sword was still stuck in the dead darkspawn's armor, he swung his other, right hand blade into a Genlock's arm. It had been beside him, heading towards Bowen, but it now turned to scream at him, and, finally getting his other sword lose, he relieved it of its head.

With a few quick movements, he was by Jezarine's side, and he shot out a hand to roughly drag her up from the ground. "Good way to get killed like that, my dear," he said, his playfully-intentioned words spoken in a serious, tense voice as he turned away again, slashing at a Hurlock that was coming near them. "Bowen's injured. Heal him," he commanded, before running off to join the larger man in battle.

The voice of one of Nygozy's companions ran across the camp, telling them to retreat to the plateau. It was a good idea, in Ianto's opinion. If everyone together, at least they weren't stuck worrying about the others. That would at least be one distraction off of their mind.

Then, Bowen issued what was probably the most insane command of his life. "Like," he said, slashing at a Genlock, shouting for the other man to hear, "I'm," he turned, and slashed at another Genlock behind him, "going to leave you," a downward thrust to the Genlock's head, splitting it open, before returning to the first Genlock, limping with its leg slice at the thigh, "here by yourself," he finished with a growl, thrusting to the heart of the Genlock. He huffed a heavy breath, and turned to look at Bowen with a hard, stubborn look. "It's all or nothing, Bowen. If you stay, I stay. Caterina can get Jez to the plateau."
Ianto
Ianto

Back to top Go down

Post  Caterina Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:51 pm

"I will not," came a voice from behind the group, and then Caterina's form appeared soon after, stabbing a dagger through a Hurlock's neck from behind. She turned a disapproving stare to Ianto and Bowen.

"I refuse to leave the both of you here to fight. As Ianto said- it's all or nothing. If Nygozy wants us at the plateau, then I think we should go. She is the Commander among us, after all," she pointed out reasonably, keeping her senses open for an attack. After speaking, she gave each of the men a stern look, and dashed away, jumping over a Hurlock that was rising to its feet after being felled by Ianto, and she thrust a dagger at it as she passed over, splitting its skull.

"Bowen," she called over from near the trees before disappearing into them once again. Her disembodied voice called out after her, "if I have to drag you and Ianto to that plateau, I will!"
Caterina
Caterina

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowen Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:16 pm

Bowen lifted an eyebrow, amused, and then smiled softly, touching Ianto's sword with his with a metalic sound.

''It's an honor to fight by your side''. He bowed his head lightly. ''Help Lady Jezarine then, we have to go''

The Nevarran started to walk after Caterina, feeling his own blood under his shirt and the open wound pulsating painfully, but said nothing. Instead he tried to reach Caterina and grab her arm to make her face him, and bending a bit pressed his lips to hers quickly, but passionately before releasing her and smiling down at the Antivan Warden.

''I like commanding women'' He whispered playfully with a smirk, and then led the way to the plateau. ''Let's go, my lady''
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next