Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
In Search of the Warden Commander I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
In Search of the Warden Commander I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
In Search of the Warden Commander I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
In Search of the Warden Commander I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
In Search of the Warden Commander I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
In Search of the Warden Commander I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
In Search of the Warden Commander I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
In Search of the Warden Commander I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
In Search of the Warden Commander I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

In Search of the Warden Commander

+2
Sinjan
Lobo
6 posters

Go down

In Search of the Warden Commander Empty In Search of the Warden Commander

Post  Lobo Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:50 pm

( Lobo is coming from this thread [ https://dragonageafter.forumotion.com/t246p15-the-long-road-ahead#3764 ] )

Lobo vanished from the sight of Kraven, and the Elven visitor, fading into the shadows. Without a sound, he moves off at a high run, weaving in and out of the brush, not even moving the tall grass as he went.

The gates to the walled city of Dererim loomed a few hundred yards away, the road mostly deserted, except for a few beggars, and merchants trying to sell their left over wares of the day.

With great skill and amazing agility he weaved in and out of the beggars and merchants; not seeing anything shiny that caught his eye, he took off at a full sprint towards the city gates.

Like a blur, he slipped past the guards posted outside, and entered the bustling city, his sharp eyes on the look out for anything shiny that might catch his eye.

"Where Commander at..?" Lobo thought to himself. Then with a shrug he skipped along into the crowded area, snatched a few bulging coin purses as he went.
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

In Search of the Warden Commander Empty Re: In Search of the Warden Commander

Post  Sinjan Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:59 pm

"Torture." Sinjan looked about nervously as the dog lifted his leg and peed on yet another post. The dog seemed too happy to be out peeing on posts as they went towards the market on their "mission." He shook his head while he watched the dog then rolled his eyes, "Just don't go doing that to any more soldiers. Last time you let me take the heat for your impropriety and I do not intend on doing so again. If you do it again I tell Nygozy."

His eyes wandered about, "Now let's get this done before any ...."

"Well hello, ser Sinjan dear."

Sinjan went still as he heard the voice and swore under his breath, silently wording oath upon oath at the dog for taking his time with everything and making it easier for something like this to happen. Then he steeled himself, turned and smiled at the woman before him, "Esania." He said in mock sweetness, "It is so nice to see you. We somehow missed each other at my father's ball last year. It is too bad we were unable to catch up. I'm sorry but I am here with the grey warden commander's dog to find a new collar."

Esania smiled at him and took his arm, "I look forward to helping you with such an important chore. Where is the lovely thing? I am sure she has a pretty little dog"

Torture had a huge grin on his face as if he were laughing inside and he probably was but then he smelled something strange. The mabari stuck out his tongue at Sinjan when he griped at him then turned his head, noticing a small form then pounced right at it, attempting to pin it down with his front legs and body to see what it was. He'd never seen something so much like a child but not one.
Sinjan
Sinjan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lobo Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:49 pm

Happily humming to himself as he skipped along, watching in delight at all the fine things there were to be had in this new city. He had never before been to Denerim, and it was all so exciting.

With his satchel bulging full of newly acquired coin, he decided to actually look for the Warden Commander.

He scratched his chin, and looked around at all the buildings, and high walls, with so many people, in such a large place how was he to find just one single person.

He shrugged, and skipped long, weaving in and out of peoples legs, going unnoticed as he usually did.

Then out of no where, a large Mabari hound came bounding at him, Lobo tried to back pedal and run, but with the weight of his satchel so full of coin, the only thing he could do was trip over his own feet, spilling the coins upon the ground.

"Oh no, Lobo shinies" he cried to himself. Just as he was turning over to pull himself up, a large paw came crashing down, pinning him to the ground.

Lobo looked up at the slobbering hound, smiled a toothy grin, "Oooooo, Lobo like puppies." as he reached up to pet the hound.
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinjan Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:50 pm

"Crap." Sinjan rushed to Torture, partially upset that he would pounce onto a child and partially thrilled that the dog ruined the noble hunter's ploys, "Torture you don't hurt ... what in the Maker's ... you ..."

He blinked at the being beneath Torture's paws and tried to figure it out. This was no child and it was no human, dwarf or elf. It ... was no darkspawn but it had strange eyes. It talked which made him wonder even more about it.

"Uhm ... hi. Uh. Don't mind Torture. He is a bit head strong." He had no clue why he was saying much to this one but was sure that Jezarine would have a great time trying to figure him out. He put out a hand to help him up.

"That is the warden commander's dog?" Esania asked, disgusted by the size of the animal and now this ... whatever it was. Probably a commoner, "I will have to go now, Sinjan. I hope you will show at the King's yearly masquerade ball."
Sinjan
Sinjan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Torture Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:52 pm

Torture tilted his head back and forth trying to figure this one out. He did not smell right and that made him thing that it should possibly be killed but it was also something that his person would be interested in as it was weird. He let it pet him due to it being so child like but continued to hold it down.

He turned his head enough to look at Sinjan but keep an eye on Lobo as well and barked in confusion.
Torture
Torture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lobo Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:32 pm

"Lobo ok, puppy no hurt Lobo." he continued to pet the Mabari, even giving his nose a quick squeeze.

"That is the warden commander's dog?" Esania asked

"You Warden puppy?" he asked Torture. "Lobo need Warden. Lobo have paper from Master. Lobo give to Commander"

The heaviness of the Mabari paw was becoming a little evident now, and Lobo started to wiggle and squirm underneath its weight.

"Lobo get up now. Lobo done playing with puppy." he said, as he tried in vain to lift the Mabari's giant paw off of him.
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post  Torture Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:53 pm

With a flick of the ears and tilt of the head Torture barked a response to the question about him belonging to the warden commander. What a silly question to ask. Of course not! She belonged to him, not the other way around. How these two legged creatures always thought of him as being owned was beyond his imagining.

His nose twitched as he moved his face closer to this Lobo's and he growled a warning to remind the being that if he did anything against his person that pain and blood would most assuredly follow.

The paw was lifted and Torture waited for the small, man?, to get up at which point he'd grab him by the backpack and carry him along to his person. She could do whatever she wished of him.
Torture
Torture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lobo Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:19 pm

As the crushing weight was lifted from his tiny torso, Lobo crawled to his feet, and began to pick up the coins from the ground.

"Lobo like shinies, Lobo needs his shinies." He murmured to himself as he finished gathering up all the coins he had lost when the Mabari dog barreled him over.

"Now what was Lobo doing" he scratched his head with one of his over sized hands, his face in deep concentration.

"Oh, Lobo know. Lobo climb on puppy to go to Commander Warden." With out a second thought, Lobo walked over to the Giant dog, and grabbed a tuff of fur, and tried to hoist himself up.

"Lobo need help. You give Lobo hand?" he looked up at Sinjan, with pleading eyes.

"Maybe puppy lay down so Lobo get up?" he tugged on Tortures fur, trying to make him lay down, so that he might hop on his back.
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinjan Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:25 pm

"Uhm ... I'm not so sure ... well, maybe." He grinned thinking it would be a good way to get the mabari back for all the tricks the dog had ever played on him and went to pick the little guy up but Torture turned his head, ears to his skull and growled with that growl that made the half elven noble know it would be a bad idea to even try that, "Ok so Torture is not in the mood to let you use him as a riding animal. He doesn't know you, you know. Anyway, how about if I take your pack and carry it? That will make it lighter."
Sinjan
Sinjan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lobo Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:11 pm

"Ummm...no...Lobo carry pack. It Lobo pack. Would be silly for other to carry." Lobo laughed as he swung his legs beneath him, enjoying how high he was.

"You carry Lobo? You have big muscles. Yes, yes, you carry Lobo." he said, as he crossed his arms over his chest, which looked rather ridiculous as his hands seemed rather large for someone so small.

Lobo began to hum a catchy tune, the music filled the air, and thoughts entered into Sinjans mind. "Yes, carry Lobo. Carry Lobo to Warden Commander."

The enchanting song continued, filling the air around them, dancing in the ears to all who heard it.
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinjan Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:40 pm

"What is it with you and being carried? I'm not about to be carrying you and that's that."

Now that would be a good way to get killed. Hey did you hear about Sinjan? Yeh the idiot decided to carry a midget assassin. We knew he wasn't bright at all. It would be all over Denerim in no time and his father would be humiliated, having to hide in one of the forested keeps to be away from the mental torture of people laughing at him for siring an idiot.

"Let's go and get you to the palace before anyone decides to try to kill you for looking different." He said as he moved the two along, taking note of the people watching them to make sure there would be no trouble. He wasn't about to allow anything to happen. In his mind Nygozy was the only one with that clout.
Sinjan
Sinjan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lobo Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:58 pm

Lobo scuffed at the ground sadly, as he couldn't ride the puppy, and the big man wouldn't carry him.

"Here go. I found on ground, you must have dropped." Lobo said, handing him a coin purse, looking everywhere but at the large man.

"We go Commander now?" Lobo asked, clapping his hands in excitement.
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinjan Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:34 pm

Torture seemed to be scoffing at him as he trotted along, snorting with a huge dog smile on his face.

Sinjan looked at the pouch, Lobo, the pouch and Lobo again before grabbing it and putting a hand on the little person's back to move him along, "Unfortunately, you and the warden commander may just get along." He rolled his eyes at the many times the little woman had filched things from him as he was watching then waved it at him to show him that she'd done it, right in front of him. He smiled. Good memories.
Sinjan
Sinjan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lobo Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:43 pm

Lobo clapped his hands excitedly, and started skippy beside the Mabari hound, humming to himself.

Then, he began to sing, " Lobo off to see the Warden, the wonderful Warden of......" he paused for a moment, and just stood there scratching his chin trying to think of some more words to use.

Lobo gave up, looked around, realizing they had gone off without him.

"Wait for Lobo!! No leave Lobo behind!!" he scurried to catch up, unfortunately for him, his feet hadn't decided if they wanted to skip or run, so instead, he fell forward and landed smack on his face.

"Lobo no like feet today. Feet mean." he whined, his voice muffled by dirt that filled his mouth. He got up, spit out dirt, brushed himself off, and raced after the Mabari hound and his big tall friend.
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post  Torture Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:52 pm

Torture was pleased that this little fellow could tease the half elf and trotted along happily, amused with the fact that the man was embarrassed. He never liked being tricked or having anything taken without his noticing and that made it even more amusing to the mabari hound. He trotted along silently but when he heard the being fall he turned and cocked his head to the side.

The mabari made a sound much like a sigh and walked over to Lobo, sniffing his head and ears then snorted. Did he have that smell? Yes but ... weird. He wasn't bad.

He nudged the strange person then knelt so that he could get on Torture's back. He'd teased Sinjan and that was good enough for now to give him a ride. As long as he didn't pull his little ears or try to play giddyup with spurring his sides with his heels or such he would be fine.
Torture
Torture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lobo Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:08 pm

"Pretty puppy." Lobo said, as he clapped his hands together.

With some effort, he managed to scrabbled onto the hound, and seat himself comfortably on his back.

He clapped his hands together with joy, and patted the large Mabari hound.

"Lobo play song for puppy. ok?" as he took the silver flute from his belt, dusted it off, and began to play a strong, powerful song. For some reason, more than just flute music seemed to come from the song. Sounds of drums, and the strumming of lutes could be heard amongst the notes that were so skillfully played.

Each time the hounds foot hit the ground, a drum would play from the flute, while the timing of the music went very fluidly with the pace they were marching.
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinjan Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:54 am

Torture allowing this little guy to actually use him as a riding beast was surprising and then the music: the music was amazing. Sinjan looked at the little being in shock thinking of how Calliara would love to hear this and also how this would be wonderful for the group. To have someone who could play one instrument that would sound like many was beyond belief. He smiled at Lobo as he walked hoping that the being was a good form of person.

Then he walked directly into the palace's open gate, staggered back and fell onto his back.

He lay there, eyes closed and counting to one hundred under his breath, swearing at himself for being a dork under his breath as people laughed, pointed and gossiped about the weirdo or in some cases about the Koru idiot of a noble. Great. Father would hear this one.

Sinjan got up and walked onto the palace grounds as if nothing happened then brought Lobo to the room where Nygozy was taking audience.

Torture followed him almost dancing from the music then barked in amusement when Sinjan fell. Once they were inside the waiting room he barked for Nygozy and waited calmly, glancing over at the guards stationed there, almost rolling his eyes at their youth.
Sinjan
Sinjan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:54 pm

Nygozy stepped out of her borrowed office and noticed Lobo on top of her mabari as if he was some form of war steed and this being his esteemed rider. A brow lifted as she took note of the strange little man then gave a slight bark. Torture barked back and she sighed, "Torture says that you were looking for me. That in itself is not such an odd thing but ... who are you and why are you on my dog?"

((short but I forgot that I should post Nyggy here too :p ))
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lobo Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:51 pm

Lobo stopped playing his flute as the Warden Commander started talking, he cocked his head sideways, put his flute in his belt, and nimbly dismounted Torture.

"Lobo thought Commander taller," he started, "From stories told, Commander giant," he raised his hand above his head, and stood on his tippy-toes

He shrugged, and scratched his chin for a moment, "Lobo have something for you..." he thought for a moment, his voice trailig off, "Where did Lobo put paper?" he asked himself.

He put his satchel on the ground, flipped over the flap, stretched his arms in front of him, and cracked his knuckles.

He reached into the satchel, putting his rather large head inside, and began throwing stuff out of the bag. Many strange and interesting items started flying every which way, a round wooden object with a groove all the way around, which a string wrapped around it.

A pair of strange looking dice that seemed almost round, but not quite, they rolled on the ground, one coming up with the number twenty, the other the number one.

A large black pouch fell to the ground, and some rather large playing cards slipped out, with strange looking pictures on them, one of them looked like a grim reaper, while another a devil, and the last one that could be seen looked like a mage of some sort.

Lobo continued to hum to himself as he dug out more and more objects, then, without warning, he fell into the satchel, and disappeared.

"Umm...it dark in here, where Lobo light?" his voice seemed to echo from inside the bag. All of a sudden a light shined from within the dark confines of the satchel, "Oh, here it is, Lobo Found it." His head popped out of the bag, and he looked around with a rather large grin on his face.

"Lobo always losing things it seems. Lobo always find later though." He started to climb out of the bag, however he lost his balance, and fell out, tumbling head over feet to land in front of the Commander. Lobo straighten his hat, got to his feet, dusted himself off, and gave a little bow.

"Master requests Commander", he said, holding up the sealed scroll.
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:29 pm

This was certainly one crazy little individual. What in the world was all that stuff coming out of the pack and did he have some entrance to the fade in there because it was the only way she could think of that so much stuff could come from that small of a bag. Her broows almost reached her hairline as Lobo fell right into the pack.

Nygozy went to move forward to get a closer look but a hand suddenly wrapped around her arm to keep her in place. When she looked back, Kai shook his head calmly indicating without words that he did not trust these magical events at all and would not allow her to endanger herself.

Before she could speak with Kai the strange form was back out with the document.

"Master?" She questioned as she looked at the pack, trying to figure out the unusual contraption then put out her hand for the scroll, "Let me..."

Her hand was grabbed just before a cold voice replied, "Read the scroll to us. The hero will not be touching it." Kai sneered.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lobo Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:14 pm

"Umm...Lobo no read scroll," he started,"Scroll only for Commander, only commander can read scroll."

"Master be mad if commander no read scroll." Lobo frowned, "Scroll no dangerous, see," as he smacked it on the ground, and then over his head. "No boom."

"Puppy like Lobo, Let Lobo ride. Puppy nice. Lobo feet hurt from walking."

"Oh noes!! Lobo shinies!!" he shouted in distress. He let the scroll go, and instead of dropping to the ground, it just floated there, hovering for a moment, and then moved into the commanders reach.

Lobo scurried around picking up the strange objects from the ground. With only the cards left, he stopped, paused, cocked his head looking at how the cards laid out.

"Uh oh. No good. No good." A frightened look appeared on his face, as he shook his head, and pointed back at each card, as his thoughts seem to deepen. "No good at all." He hurriedly picked up the cards, put them back in their pouch, and stuffed them into the satchel.

"Lobo must go. Lobo must warn master." He slung the satchel over his shoulder, tipped his hat, bowed, and with a quick turn, he took one step, and vanished from sight.
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:42 am

Drake had come in through a window as a sparrow and was sitting on top of the chandelier watching as Lobo try to give the scroll to Nygozy. He had missed the pack disappearing act but this one was interesting anyway. The guards were in the other room so the sparrow flew part way down to the floor then he changed back into himself, landing with ease in a crouch to Nygozy's side, smirking as Kai's knives settled at his throat then were removed.

"Next time I am liable to gut you." Kai snarled as the knives were removed from sight.

"Not with your knives at my throat." Drake pointed out as he stood, "I have to admit that Zevran chose wisely."

"Of course he did. Zee Antivan always chooses wisely." A voice admonished from a dark corner.

The changeling waved off the comment, "The scroll is safe, Nygozy. I met this one's master. Calliara and Guremi stays with him still waiting for you to come. The Wolf requested that I come get you."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:47 am

Lobo's disappearing act was surprising but the dwarven lass did not even stir for that or Drake's unannounced sudden arrival. Only her hazel eyes moved to see the man in a stealthy crouch and Kai giving him a snarl for it. She turned full attention back to the scroll as Drake spoke.

"Really?" Nygozy looked at the scroll again and finally took it in hand to open and read it.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraven Shadow Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:44 pm

As the commander took the scroll and broke the seal, the scroll immediately burst into flames. From the ashes rose a dark shadow like creature, with only 2 blue glowing orbs that could be seen from beneath what looked like a cloak of shadows.

It spoke, its voice raspy, "You, Nygozy, Hero of Fereldan, Slayer of the Arch-Demon, and Commander of the Wardens. You have been summoned by Kraven Shadow, walker of the fade, shaper of fates, Protector of the Pantheon of Elves, and the Last true Keeper. He who is The Darkweaver requests that you meet him outside the walls of of this human city, so that he may discuss the coming darkness with you. Come in peace mistress of the stone."

And with that, the shadowy figure sank into the ground, and vanished from sight.
Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:35 pm

Drake watched the scroll with interest but showed nothing upon his face that he was more concerned than curious but when he saw there was no devices that would hurt his friend he almost visibly calmed. He could never accept letting anything happen to those he knew, let alone willingly allow it so he was reassured when the message clearly was only a message.

Kraven seemed determined and as if he would not do anything to the wardens but you never knew. It was always best to be on one's guard.

"Palindrome is tethered outside the front doors and ready for a little ride. I figured it would be further."

He ignored the glare he got from Kai, expecting the elf to react badly to Drake already knowing about this and being suspicious no matter what. He was pleased that the man was.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down