Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Forgotten dwarves I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Forgotten dwarves I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Forgotten dwarves I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Forgotten dwarves I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Forgotten dwarves I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Forgotten dwarves I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Forgotten dwarves I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Forgotten dwarves I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Forgotten dwarves I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Forgotten dwarves

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Forgotten dwarves Empty Forgotten dwarves

Post  AlistairTheirin Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:38 pm

King Alistair Theirin of Ferelden, Grey Warden and ex Templar, was in trouble.

That wasn't a strange thing, actually, but right then, he wanted to dig a hole and hide till the next Blight. How could he had forgotten about something that important? How could he?

They are going to kill me..., he thought for himself. His intention had been telling Nygozy the very moment she arrived, many days ago, but with all the things that happened and were happening... The false guards, the strange tattoos, his not-very-enlightening talk with Nygozy in private, all the problem with telling Eamon, Jezarine's kidnapping... He just forgot about it.

And now, he was going to be assassinated

Assassinated?

''That's it!!'' He yelped, almost jumping in his chair in his private study. That could work and maybe he'd live another day. He stood up and walked with determination to the door, opened it and looked outside.

''Hey, you'' Alistair pointed at one of the guards ''I need you to go and tell Commander Nygozy, Drake Rainard and Zevran Arainai that I need to speak with them right now. Tell them it's urgent, a matter of life or death. Go, boy, go!!''

He watched the guard run away and walked back to his chair again to wait for them.
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Forgotten dwarves Empty Re: Forgotten dwarves

Post  Nygozy Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:57 pm

"No." Nygozy stated flat out with a swipe of her hand, "Not at all and you know it! I can't do that."

"Yes you can and you know it, Commander my dear." Zevran smiled with amusement.

Sinjan rolled his eyes, "You just want it because it will benefit you. Nygozy is not stupid you know."

"Of course she is not stupid." Zevran turned to Drake, "Would you do it?"

"Not on my life." Drake stated in easy tones.

"Aw for nugballs sakes just give him the damn queen already!" Oghren said, tired of the squabbling over a simple queen and threw down his cards in dismay, "I'm out anyway. I have no sodding anything so take my chips."

The door opened and a guard walked in making all of the card players groan.

"Sodding hell I come along for a visit and what do we get? What's the emergency?" Oghren snapped.

"The king requires the commander, Drake and Zevran immediately. He says it is life or death."

Sinjan tossed his cards on the table, "There goes the best hand I've had all evening!"

Nygozy got up and laughed at the fighter, "You're just saying that to save face. I'm sure you can con Ianto, Garoll and Macha into the game."

"Oh Stones no not Macha!" Oghren called as the three were exiting the room, "That missy almost got my pants last time we played ... heyyyy ..."

Zevran closed the door before Oghren could say anything else, "I do not believe I wish to know more about his thought process."

"Believe me. It is safer that way." Nygozy agreed as they walked on and to the room where Alistair was. She opened the door and they all entered to look at Alistair, "So what's the emergency?" The dwarf asked while Drake closed the door behind them.

((OOC - I don't feel like colouring all the talking text so bleh))
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:45 am

''Nyggy, I'm about to be slaughtered'' Alistair whined dramatically, looking defeated on his chair. ''I forgot something very important and it just came to my mind again... I need you. I need you all. Snap, I should have summoned Sinjan, Macha, and all the sodding army as well...''

Looking nervous, he stood and started pacing here and there. ''Well, none of you know him, excepting Zevran because he was there when he arrived, but I promised to tell and with all this mess, the false guards, Jez's kidnapping, etc... I totally forgot''

Looking like a lost puppy, he looked at the three. ''Gunnar Karanir arrived a week or so ago and I forgot to send word to him telling you and your group arrived, and telling Bowen and Calliara that he is already there. You have to save me! They are going to kill me, but I have to tell them! I sent word for them to come, but please! You three have to protect me!''
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:15 pm

Nygozy smiled, then she smirked, a chuckle came from her and then she outright laughed. Her eyes crinkled at the sides as she took a moment to get some air into her lungs and flop into a chair, "Is that all? Oh come now, Ali, it's not like you left the man with no money and in an Inn to pay everything all himself."

She put her feet up on the table and relaxed, "So they are on their way and you are worried that the two will strangle you. Have you sent for this Gunnar as of yet or will he still be at this Inn?"
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:46 pm

''Bowen would strangle me, the Wolf would just look at me without blinking until I become ice and melt''Alistair sighed, and then lifted an eyebrow ''Hey wait a minute! The Nevarra's ambassador is his brother and is here in Denerim so I can tell Bowen he can't kill me because that would be a international problem! Maker, what a wonderful idea, he is royalty after all! But that means he'll tell Wolf to kill me! Or Gunnar!''

He started pacing again. ''And well... no, I haven't sent word for Gunnar, he is not at the Inn he told me he was staying, he didn't wanted to stay in the Warden quarters all alone... I... The city watch told me he was seen at The Pearl''

AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:08 pm

Nygozy listened, allowing Ali to go through his own worried reactions. She waved for the other two to leave quietly so that Alistair would not notice and sat there nodding at what the king was saying, Kai silently in the background rolling his one eye.

"Calm down Ali. When they come in let me do the talking. You won't need anyone to watch your back when I'm done with it." She smiled as she grabbed a bun then started eating.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:15 pm

''Thank you'' Alistair smiled gratefully, and shook her hand ''Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you... hey, where are Zev and Drake???''
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:26 pm

''He'd better have a good excuse''

Calliara smiled lightly, listening to Bowen's rant while they were going to Alistair's study. Her hair was still wet, she had been in the baths until some embarrassed guard called for her from outside, and asked her to go and speak with Alistair, but getting Bowen to go there first.

Bowen had been taking a nap to get through his light hangover, and now he was grunting like a bear, as usual. The Wolf just smile while listening, and patted his hip playfully. ''Grumpy are we this morning, huh?''

Bowen looked down at her and smiled ''What do you think he wants now?''

''No clue'' She shrugged

After a while they both were at the study's door, Bowen knocked and both stepped in.

''Hi, Nyggy'' Calli lifted an eyebrow, surprised to see the dwarf there, and then looked at the obviously nervous Alistair. She started to suspect already ''What's going on?''

''Why are you sweating, dude? It smells from here'' Bowen grunted, still asleep
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:28 am

"It seems that there has been a mix up and word had not been received by yourselves that Gunnar is in town. He is in the Pearl and we will be going to get him this afternoon. A paige has been sent to inform him of this and take care of all of his bills."

She tossed an apple at Bowen to wake the man up and hoped that Alistair would be smart enough to follow her lead and just not say anything further about what the mix up was and who it came from. He was normally quick enough to follow her lead but these past few days had been difficult on both of them.

"Alistair has been concerned that you would be upset that this news had not been given to you sooner." She added, "But all is well now. The news has been received and everything has been put in order as well as the reason for the news being delayed dealt with."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:04 pm

At first, none of the two Wardens reacted.

They just stared at Nygozy and Alistair, shocked. And then, they started to react.

Bowen caught the apple without thinking, and then dropped it to the floor, jaw slightly open, but his green eyes were bright.

Calliara's eyes were full of tears, and she turned to hide it, specially from Alistair. Both of them started tyo talk at the same time

''Where's the Pearl?''

''I am going to get him''

''I go too''

''No, you won't, that's not a good place for a lad...''

''Don't be stupid...!''

Bowen rushed out the room, and Calliara followed him quickly. After a few seconds, both of them stepped into the room again, obviously nervous

''Permission to...''

''... go out and get him, Commander!''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:50 pm

Nygozy didn't even glance back as they spoke, she just smirked at Alistair, "Fetch. Have him come see me soon after coming back and please, no bloodshed making sure one or the other of you is or is not going to go?"

She closed her eyes, not expecting any answer but a door accidentally slamming behind her, "Now go."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:04 pm

Alistair watched them go with wide eyes, and then looked at Nygozy in disbelief

''You can handle them! I can't believe it'' The King looked grateful. ''You are truly a good Commander. I always knew it''

Now he realized they were alone, and he started to feel nervous. He tapped with his fingers on the table, avoiding her gaze.

''Well, eh... er... Should we talk?''
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:10 pm

A shrug then the table cloth seemed much more interesting than anything else in the room. The truth was that she had no idea what should come or how to deal with anything further about their status together. He was probably still upset for her refusing to talk to him about it the day before with the arl, Macha and the assassins there.

"It is probably something we should do. I mean ... talk."
She spoke to her hands instead of him.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:29 pm

Alistair looked around, trying desperately to find something that would force him to change the subject and avoid the talk that they had to had. Wasn't it best that way? Just avoiding the bad things and trying to live without knowing.

''Well... hum... ah... the other day... you know... when we were talking with Eamon... something was said... and you... never answered...'' He started nervously, rubbing one foot against his other ankle
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:59 am

Nygozy's eyes lifted, sadness clearly evident as she tried to hold it back, "Ali ... I couldn't answer in that meeting. How could I?"

She noticed that her voice had cracked and that she was close to sounding almost hysterical and she did not want that. That could not be allowed so she breathed deeply, trying to calm herself before speaking again but it was taking her strength to do so.

Finally, after what seemed like years, she breathed out, knowing that her shadow was likely getting restless as well, "At one time I would have said I would be your queen within moments, or even your mistress, but our circumstances are not the same now and you know it. I am the warden commander, not just some warden who has become the leader out of desperation."

The dwarf bit down on her lower lip wondering how to continue the conversation.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:38 pm

''You're the Warden Commander and I am someone that wants to be commanded by you'' Alistair tried to make her laugh, feeling horribly nervous

''I made a mistake, Josie... I listened what I shouldn't have. I can say it wasn't my fault, that Eamon and the nobles made me do whatever they wanted, but I'd lie. In that time I thought that was the best and I was wrong. At that time they were furious with the thought of a non human being their Queen, and I... I just couldn't bear the thought of you being a Mistress. You don't deserve that...''
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:28 pm

"You always have wanted me to be the commander, the one making the orders and keeping everything together." She sighed, looking at her hands once again, "Everyone knew that. No one expected you to step into that position and do any different when it was just our group."

Nygozy leaned back, surreptitiously checking the sides with only her eyes as she knew Kai was there somewhere, watching in the darkness, "We all made mistakes. I should have talked to you when you became king, or even beforehand, instead of leaving but I couldn't face you. It was too hard to keep myself in control and not break down. You needed to do what you thought was right and I felt that all I would do was make things bad. So I left, hoping to get over it all. Foolish. It was all I could do to retain my sanity and dignity. It would have done no good to make a fool of myself in front of anyone."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:25 pm

He listened to her intently, looking at her and trying to not show his nervous state.

''I am sorry I hurt you, Josie. I'm truly sorry, but I cannot change what I did, what I said, or what I should have done instead...''

The King sighed, messing his hair and then looked at her awkwardly. ''I know we are not the same persons we were then. I know... I... I know that maybe things are different now, too''

Once again he sighed, thinking how to continue. ''I just want to get out of here''
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:46 pm

Kai stood in the shadows and watched the strained conversation. He was having a very hard time staying still in the shadows when the little hero was in obvious distress.

"I know... I... I know that maybe things are different now, too''

Once again he sighed, thinking how to continue. ''I just want to get out of here'

Suddenly he moved without even thinking, coming out of the shadows to stand between Nygozy and Alistair. "You're right things are different. Maybe you should get out of here and stop causing the hero so many problems." He was shocked at his behaviour even as he growled out the words.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:19 am

When Kai reacted Nygozy let out a sad sigh which showed that she had expected something like this but was hoping it would not come to anything, "Kai. I know you do not like me being upset but Alistair and I do need to discuss things."

The dwarf looked at both men in turn not knowing how to go on. How do you tell someone you still lovedthem yet also loved another? She faultered, upset at herself for being able to negotiate with political figures without concern yet could not get herself to deal with this. Her emotions were back to a state of unsteadiness and she fingered the present from Kai nervously.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Alistair looked at Kai. Then, he looked at Nygozy. At Kai again. Then at Nygozy. Finally at Kai.

''There's something else going on, isn't it? You're not answering not just because you're still angry with me, or because you don't want me to come along with you'' He said suspiciously. He wasn't bright at all, alright, but even for him, it was clear that something awkward was in the air.

AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:08 pm

Kai couldn't believe how he was acting. What was he doing giving away his position and sticking his nose in where he shouldn't. Nygozy was the Hero of Ferelden and the Warden Commander after all, she could handle her lovelife on her own. And she could definatly handle this idiot of a king. But still he couldn't help himself, the little hero had really gotten into his brain and messed with it.

He shook his head and stepped back behind Nygozy's chair. "You really are thick aren't you," the assassin muttered under his breath. "You're like a small child who threw away his favorite toy to dress up in daddy's clothes and play king and then realized you missed your toy and now you're trying to get it back."

Kai crouched down to look Nygozy in the eye. "I know you love him hero, but you deserve better. Who is to say he won't just dump you again the next time a new game comes along?"
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:42 pm

This was just great in the sarcastic sense of the word.

Nygozy tried to look away but Kai forced her to look at him just by being in front of her. Her eyes became damp as he spoke and she wanted to be fighting Darkspawn at that moment instead of having this talk but she had to have it. She couldn't put it off now that Kai had thrown it out in the open and she owed both men more than to run away.

"You are right, Kai. I do love Alistair but I love you too." Her eyes rose to look at Alistair, pain from having to hurt either of them evident behind the dampness, "I had given up and had no trouble with going to the Deep Roads to find what happened about the Arch Demon, since I had not died with it. Then Kai arrived with your summons not to go there. We have had a connection from the first day just as you and I have, Ali."

She shook her head trying to regain her senses, "I love two men and I hate myself for it."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:11 pm

Seeing Nygozy so upset hurt more than any knife blade. He kicked himself mentally for having caused this.

Gently he took her face in his hands and forced her to look at him. "Never hate yourself hero. It is a sign of the strength of your heart that you can have so much love after the life you've had. You are strong to have melted a heart as cold and scarred as mine. You are strong that you can consider forgiving someone who caused you so much pain. You love him despite the pain, instead of turning the pain to rage and hatred. If more people had a heart like yours maybe we could end the blights forever. Know that whatever you chose I will always be here to protect you."

Slowly he stood and gently kissed her forehead, and then he ghosted back to his place in the shadows. He had said all he could say, probably more than he'd ever said at one time in his entire life. The rest, now, was up to her.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:54 pm

Alistair listened in silence, still puzzled and shocked. So that was what was happening. He was not the only one in Josie's heart. Maker, he had to be glad that there was even a little place for him, even with all that had happened.

And then, just like that, he realized something. He was being a selfish bastard. After what he did, he couldn't pretend her to wait for him, to still love him the same way and forgive him for everything. And in fact, he didn't wanted that, because that wasn't what Josie was.

He walked over Nygozy and kneeled beside her. ''I understand, and I am sorry. I know how difficult is for you to really 'connect' with someone, even if you can get along with almost everyone. I am sorry you're torn because of me, I've never wanted to hurt you... but I also never wanted you dead. That's why I did what I did. But, Josie... we've been apart for some time, and both of us had survived. This... this is not the end, for either of us. If it can't be...'' He sighed, hands trembling and sad puppy eyes. ''This is just my own doing and not yours. You won't feel guilty, because you're not''
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum