Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Talk Talk Tamassran I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Talk Talk Tamassran I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Talk Talk Tamassran I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Talk Talk Tamassran I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Talk Talk Tamassran I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Talk Talk Tamassran I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Talk Talk Tamassran I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Talk Talk Tamassran I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Talk Talk Tamassran I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Talk Talk Tamassran

Go down

Talk Talk Tamassran Empty Talk Talk Tamassran

Post  Jezarine Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:44 pm

A giggle and a bit of a smile showed that the Elven healer was in a fairly happy mood as she walked about the camp for something to do. Jezarine had a pleasant evening talking with the others but did not drink much. Right now she just wanted to find Ianto and have a good chat with him too but then she noticed a large form in front of her. She stopped and gazed up at the Qunari there then>
gulped nervously, "Uh ... hi ...?"

The big Qunari was murmuring some tenants from the Qun when a slight Elf came to speak to him. He looked down at the dark skinned girl and muttered a greeting. "Hello."

"You are ... Qunari?" She asked, noticing the horns and skintone, "I have never met one of your kind." Jezarine also knew she wasn't sure if she had wanted to as she had read some about them and knew of their reactions towards mages.

He nodded his head, the white ponytail falling over his shoulder as his golden eyes regarded the elf. "Yes. I am one of the Qunari. I am called Tamassran." He said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Tamassran. Tamassran..." She worried her lower lip with her teeth, noticeably working out the word, "Oh." The dark Elf looked up with a smile, "You are a teacher! One who teaches of the Qun and your beliefs. There are those who connect proper marital pairs for precise creation of strong, suitable children for the next generations and ... uh ... are also sent out to help get peoples ready for being included within the culture with minimal problems." She smiled, pleased with knowing that, "There is not much else about your particular position within our books. I do not believe the diplomats were able to get much more than the basis of your culture. That is so sad."

The Tamassran lifted an eyebrow at the Elf's knowledge of not only the meaning of his name, but his mission here. "Impressive. I did not expect that one of your kind should know so much about me." He said warily.

Jezarine looked up at him like a worried puppy, her big brown eyes watching him carefully as if she expected to be hit, "I read a lot. Reading is really good because you learn quite a bit. Uh ... but what do you mean by my kind?"

"An Elf." He said simply. Apparently he didn't know she was a mage yet. The Tamassran watched the small woman carefully, his eyes piercing through her as if to discern her purpose speaking to him.

"Oh! Well, my clan wanted me to be a Keeper but it never came to that. There was a disease and I was the only survivor. The Grey Wardens took me in and I helped find a cure using books and what was available to us." She rubbed an arm, "Sorry if I bothered you. I just saw you and was surprised. I didn't know any Qunari were in camp."

"I a recently arrived here. There is no trouble. I admit, I still do not know much about those I camp with...

Jezarine nodded, "There are quite a few of us in such a short time. I don't know everyone here either. There are warriors and Templars, former Templars, mages and even assassins. You know one is Nygozy's bodyguard?"

"Yes. I have seen the man. Or rather, felt his presence." He nodded, sighing at the memory.

"I traveled with him. He's ok enough but kind of scary. You know the scary like there's liable to be a knife out your neck at any moment? But he took good care of me because the King told him to I guess." She giggled.

He nodded. "We can all only do the duty that is given to us. His loyalty to his orders is commendable." The Tamassran said and leaned back where he was sitting.

She licked her lips and considered what he was, "The Qunari don't like mages much, do you?"

He grunted. "There is a reason for it. Saarebas have proven to be wild and can control people's minds.
"We keep them on leashes back home." He concluded

"Leashes?" Her voice became a squack of concern and she paled, "I know some mages can do that but ... others have no ability whatsoever."

"If they disobey their leash holders, their tongues are cut out so that they can no longer cast any spells." He said, watching her reactions. "It is a precaution that has helped us immensely in the past. We do not use magic like you do, we prefer our gunpowder."

She looked down as she thought of the significance of the words, "What about healers and ones who create for the people? I mean, that's like ... well like being a dog."

"You Fereldans are primitive, but magic that heals is still needed, true. Healers are still kept on leashes." He said with ominous finality. "They need to be watched. Even healers could be evil saarebas that control minds."

"Anyone with a weapon can use that weapon, with or without training. Keeping one on a leash only gives them reason to want to escape that imprisonment." She countered.

"You are not a follower of the Qun. Yet. I do not expect you to understand."

"Oh? Why should I not understand?" She wondered aloud.

"Because, the Qun teaches that those who have magic are little more than weapons."

Jezarine rubbed her chin with one hand, "Yes but does the Qun believe in not teaching anything to the mages? If you do not allow one to learn then all they can be is used as one wishes or are easily manipulated by your enemies due to ignorance."

"We teach them the Qun. And how to read and write."

"Really? But what are their lives like? I mean, you said they are on leashes and have leash holders. I would wonder, but not want to experience, what that must be like. It sounds like being taken like a pet."

"The leash may also be figurative. The collar is necessary though."

"Collar?" She rubbed her neck and blanched, "That's ... but what is it like?"

"Those who complain, their tongues are either cut off or their horns are removed and they are exiled to become Tal'Vashoth."

"Tal'Vashoth? So they have no rights and are kept like guard dogs. Do they get beds, a regular meal and not just scraps? It is ... incomprehensible. I wonder if they are treated any better than Elves in an Alienage."

"They are treated like your kind in the cities." He shrugged."

Jezarine shook her head, "So used as others wish."

"Do all of your people revolt at their conditions?"

"When they are raped, abused, beaten or any such thing that hurts them then yes. Would you not revolt at being abused?" She asked.

The Tamassran sighed. "Like I said, you are not yet enlightened." He shook his head. "All will be explained in time, but as of yet I am not yet prepared to convert all of you."

"Well if you wish to convert people you should be prepared to discuss what you are converting them to." She put her hands on her hips, "You have to start somewhere ... or do you not like debates and open discussion learning as well as teaching?"

"I have converted several small towns on my way here. I have spoken to many and debated with more."

"Then debate with me. I find this interesting. Scary but interesting." She said as she found a log to sit on.

He sighed and nodded. "Fine. What do you wish to know of the Qun?"

Jezarine smiled timidly, "I suppose it's not what you wish for. I mean, you don't seem to believe much in Elves either."

"I do not believe much in lesser species in general. That goes for Humans and Dwarves. And Darkspawn are not worthy to lick the Qunari's boots.

"Then why do you wish to convert anyone if we are all lesser than you? I mean, Nygozy proved herself yet we are still lesser beings?"

"Because I wish to spare you all the bloodshed that is to come. And it cannot be proven that Nygozy is a Dwarf."

"Uh..." She lifted her finger as her brows furrowed in confusion, "I don't understand you about Nygozy."

He shrugged. "I say she is a reincarnated Qunari."

Jezarine wondered about this, still puzzled, "Into a Dwarven body and just lost to your kind?"

He nodded, smiling "Yes. She is willing to embrace the Qun also, thus proving she remembers her past life."

"Oh." The young woman took a few moments of quiet to think of this, "That means your culture believes in reincarnation but then it also indicates that there would be more reincarnated where the Qun are not acquainted. As for that it also may conclude to attempts to find those souls in some manner and even return them to the 'rightful' Qun."

He nodded. "That is my personal belief, yes. I am no priest."

"I think I'm getting to understand this. It still scares me though. I mean, it is hard to tell if you are going to become used and abused but then again it is like that in any society. I don't like the belief of other races being less than any other." She leaned back, "But I am starting to understand where it comes from."

"That is my personal belief. Not the belief of my people." He grunted.
"I feel that Qunari are the superior beings. We are much more advanced than the rest of the world."

"Advancement is good depending on the cost." She said quietly.

He nodded. "Yes. We just do not use magic as much as other countries. We prefer our cannon."

"I certainly hope it is a very long time before your people decide to come here." She admitted.

"That is unfortunately not possible. I do not want there to be bloodshed, but it will happen if I do not convert Fereldan to the Qun."

"Then there will be bloodshed." Jezarine analyzed, "You may be able to convert some but not the majority."

He nodded and sighed. "I know this. I knew my task was impossible when I took it."

She scratched her arm nervously, "Then why did you take it?"

"Because if I can save even one life then I will."

"You are a pacifist." She announced realizing it.

He nodded. "Yes. I am no warrior. I was not good at it." He said. "That is why I am unarmed."

"Ah. Well, I can understand that. I don't like fighting either but with Darkspawn you can't do much more. It really ..." She rubbed a shoulder, "Bothers me."

He nodded and sighed. "You are surprisingly easy to talk to for a Saarebas." He said

"Kind of guessed that, did ya?" She looked down shyly with a sad expression.

He nodded. "I was watching your reactions."

"I'm not good at hiding feelings. I admit I like to learn and it is exciting even when it scares me. Without talking to you I probably would have run." She admitted.

"You should not fear the Qun but embrace it. It benefits all."

"But that would mean losing everything."

"No. You lose nothing."

She shook her head, "You said yourself, I am a mage and mages don't have rights. We are leashed."

"I have yet to explain it all."

"I'm listening." Jezarine crossed her legs as she set up to listen to him.

"Shok ebasit hissra. Meraad astaarit, meraad itwasit, aban aqun. Maraas shokra. Anaan esaam Qun." He quoted to her.

"Which means in common?" She asked, a smile on her face from hearing a new language. Noticeably she enjoyed languages.

"Struggle is an illusion. The tide rises, the tide falls, but the sea is changeless. There is nothing to struggle against. Victory is in the Qun." He translated to her.

"That is a statement of a belief and sounds well and good but what is it that the Qun wishes of the people? How is it that one would know what the Qun wants?"

"You do the role you are given. We do not question the Qun." He said, shaking his head.

"Who speaks for the Qun?" She changed the question a bit.

"The Ben-Hassrath enforce the Qun's law." He said, nodding.

"Is the Ben-Hassrath a seer to know where the Qun wishes the people to go?"

"The Qun is not something mystical. It is the law given to us by the Arishok."

"Oh. So the Arishok give the laws and orders to the Ben-Hassrath who bring it to the people to have them carry the orders and rules out." She licked her lips, "So is there anyone above the Antaam ?"

"No one is above the Antaam. They are on even ground with the Arishok, who command the military."

"So it is the Antaam who decide where the people go an when."

He nodded. "Yes. They make all the decisions."

"Oh. So no one has a name but their title? That could get confusing, could it not?"

"You are speaking to me, yes? How does it confuse you?"

Jezarine took a couple sticks and put them in the ground, "Say there are three Tamassrans and I want to speak to you. How would I be able to call you to have specifically 'you' answer?"

"We have true names, but they are not given to those outside of our families."

"Well that is helpful to your family but no one else." She stated.

"I am the only Tamassran you will encounter."

"How do you know that?" She asked, "What if a group of Sten were to come around those trees and Nygozy noticed her Sten in the group? How would she address him?"

"She would call him Sten, the others as The Sten"
"When I say Warden here, and there are several Grey Wardens about, you know who I am talking to, yes?"

"Then how do generals call their men?"

"Either as Ashaad, Sten. Karashok... Kithshok know who they are addressing."

"That would take a lot to learn it all just for that alone." She mentioned, thinking over the new information she could garner.

"Pasheraa. Is there anything else you wish to discuss?"

"I am not sure what else to ask at the moment. Learning is always a joy for me but it is late and I am probably keeping you from your bed." Jezarine made a motion which in the Qunari culture would be considered as a respectful action, "I am pleased to have had this conversation with you, Tamassran."

"It was an enjoyable discussion, I will admit." He said nodding to the Elf

"Good. Oh. There was one question. Who controls the mages? Are there specific people who hold the leashes, per se, or are there those who are allowed control of one due to good work or such?"

"Arvaarad hold the leashes of the Mages."

"Ah." She stood, brushing off her legs, "I hope then that if this time comes while I am still alive and I survive that I am not taken by a mean Arvaarad."

"I would not permit it. You are a healer."

"Thank you." She smiled at him.

He nodded. "Any time. I enjoy our discssions." He said before laying back on the ground, hands behind his head.

"I enjoyed it too." She admitted, waved then walked off, looking for Ianto to see how he was.

another day....

Jezarine sat on a blanket not far from camp, in fact, everyone could see her. It was her JIC way of doing things. Being out of people's ways as she worked on stuff and in sight as she was no fighter and the thought of being attacked by
Darkspawn did concern her. Or bandits. Oh bandits were bad too. But right now she was reading a book and writing on a notepad. She stopped, looked at her paper while frowning.

The Tamassran had been quiet since they left the tower. He didn't say much to people even before then. He was just a silent mountain of a man, often staring off into space. Some doubted he had any real purpose here.
Still, he saw Jezarine sitting in a precarious spot and decided to sit with her as insurance they would not be attacked.

The sound of someone coming made Jez look up and smile, "Ah. Shanedan, Tamassran." She watched as he sat beside her, wondering what made him consider sitting with her. He certainly did not like being around mages so why would he be near her? It must have been consideration of readying her for being on a leash. She shivered as if cold at that thought but her eyes were still bright with>
friendly greetings.

He nodded his greeting. "Good evening." He said in his low growl of a voice. Golden eyes watched the elf. "You are writing something?"

"Ah yes." She shrunk in on herself a bit, nervously as he watched her and asked about writing, "I was setting up teaching plans for Calliara to learn another language but I finished that so I am working on learning the Qunari language. I have yet to learn if you have art or poetic concepts in your culture but I tried the language in>
a poem. It's not so good I'm afraid." Jez said quietly. She didn't realize it but for a novice like herself she had done well putting the language together into an accounting of the wonders of finding new things.

The Tamassran looked at the poem and read it silently. "It is crude, but the meaning gets across. You will learn. We do have prose writers."

Jezarine perked up a bit, "At least I have the meaning. I wasn't sure of the context between a few lines but it seemed to fit and explain. Thank you. I am no poet but I find it sometimes helps me envision the language by writing poems."

He nodded approvingly. "Yes. A good way to learn another language is as such..." He said scratching his chin as he did so. "All told, you do seem to grasp my native tongue's basic forms."

"Learning languages is one of my hobbies. It just comes naturally like healing arts, both herbal and magically related." She was not boasting but spoke as stating a fact, "Then again, I just love learning."

He nodded. "A healthy mind is a keen one."

"True." She leaned back and looked at the sky, "How was the trip to the Tower?" She visibly shuddered and rolled her shoulders as if she felt something ready to attack her back. The Tower was not one of her favorite known places and she was afraid they could have tried to keep her there.

He grunted. "Unsettling. Their security is so lax any saarebas could escape if they knew how." He growled again, staring at the tower in the distance

Jezarine turned her head to look at the place, "I don't know about that but maybe, if someone wanted out well enough and was willing to hurt others. I'd pine away into nothing in a place like that. I could never escape."

"That would be proper. We can only do our duty, no more, no less."

"It would be proper to pine away because I can't hurt others?" She asked.

"You would be serving as a Saarebas. That is what you were born to do."

Her shoulders slumped at the thought of being in a place like that, "So Saarebas are not taken care of in such a way that they would be most useful?"

"Is there a war right now? No. Then they just sit about learning."

"But so ... closed in. How would one find herbs or study the plantlife, or test animal reactions to see how to best deal with them, or contribute to new healing practices with ... well ... there is so much more than books." Jezarine stated slowly which showed how much this affected her. Normally she'd ramble but not when so distraught.

"It is not my area of expertise so I have no idea."

"Oh." She wrung her hands in her lap and looked at them.

"Again, I am only here to convert and spare people the bloodshed that is to come

"But what is the point of being spared if you cannot accomplish the duties you are best at ... that you excel at?"

"Were you not Saarebas, you would have had a transfer like me. I was first an Ashaad"

She looked back at him, "But ... wouldn't Saarebas be set for what they are best at? Like one who works fire used for battle or back fighting a forest fire, or a storm mage to put out fires or help with crop cultivation?"

"If that is the wish of their Arvaraad that they do such things." He said, shrugging. "Again, I had little contact with Saarebas."

"What all do you teach?"

"I teach the Qun. Or enough of it that it would convert the barbarians here. I am also responsible for breeding arrangements."

A brow rose, "Breeding?"

He nodded. "Yes. To create the most optimized children, I pair the most suited parents."

"At least I don't have to worry about that being Saarebas." She chuckled wondering who in the world he'd pair her with if she were not, a blush coming to her cheeks at the thought of a couple she wouldn't mind.

"I would take the children and raise and educate them myself. The parents have no need to know who their spawn are." He grunted, reciting his role. "That is what I truly do; teach children. And since I am here teaching closed-minded adults, my task becomes all the more arduous."

She looked shocked, "You mean you breed Saarebas as well?"

"If necessary. It is not the child's fault their parent is Saarebas. They could be born without the taint of magic. It would be a waste to not use such potential."

Now that was an unusual answer, "So you may breed Saarebas with a normal to have possible regular citizens but move them to being on a leash if you find they are Saarebas?"

"Such is the way of things. Qunari do not waste people or tools unnecessarily. We use everything. A saarebas is a tool, we do not waste tools."

"I see." Her mind chewed on these things as her eyes stayed on one spot on the Qunari's shoulder unseeingly. Everything he had said was being digested but she also could not help but feel curious about other things. Things she probably should not be asking, "So when breeding, is it treated like a chore or do you try to equalize pleasure for the mate?"
Jezarine asked this in a more curious, scientific manner than Nygozy who found it amusing. The Elf found it more scientific.

"It is a ritual, one may as well enjoy it. But it is painful and it is rewarding. It grants the world more young minds to follow the Qun and bring civility to a barbaric world."

"Painful?" A brow rose as she wondered.

"However, the mating is -never- out of love. If such a union produces a child, the parents are re-educated by the Ben-Hassrath. The child is raised as normal by a tamassran. Mating with a Qunari involves the female wearing armor. Our teeth are quite strong, and could easily break your fragile bones. However, I do not believe it is necessary for inferior races mating with one another."

She blinked a few times at this knowledge and debated what exactly it meant, "You bite when you mate?"

"Yes." He said simply and with finality. "When I begin assessing who is compatible with who for breeding, I will not be participating."

"Well of course not!" She stated aloud with surprise then thought of two men at a time and smiled at the concept before shaking her head, "But ... is this like wolves mating style or a different form of dominance gesture?"

The Tamassran shrugged. "You could compare it to wolf mating I suppose." He said, crossing his arms over his massive chest. "To show dominance is to bite."
"But that is just my kind."

"Ah right. Your society is a patriarical one in which women are less than the man and not allowed other rights the males would have; therefore, you would have the requirement of showing who is boss."

"No. You have that one partially incorrect. The women administrate society, the men labor and fight. Tamassrans are usually women. I was an exception due to my intellect."

"Oh." She worked this out, "Then some of our books are direly incorrect in that matter."

"Men are better at things than women, and vice versa. It is the way of things."

"Here it depends upon the individual as opposed to sex." Jez said with consideration to how she worded things, "For instance, Lithawen is a good fighter but not administrator ... uh or diplomat for that matter..."

"Then she would have had a transfer as I did. Except she is saarebas."

"I'm sure as a saarebas she would have had a permanent transfer." She said quietly.

"At any rate...do you have any more questions?"

"Do you?"

"I am the one teaching. You are the learner."

She smiled, "Even so, we all learn and sometimes learning about others helps us accomplish our duties more readily."

He shrugged. "Why do you barbarians insist on resisting the Qun?"

That was something to consider and it took her some minutes to put together a suitable answer, "People here learn to be individuals and it frightens them to consider others controlling everything about them."

"It is not control, it is structure. There are no civil wars in Seheron and Par Vollen."

Another day:

The Tamassran was writing some notes as he observed the group. He was possibly setting up optimal mates by now.

Calliara was learning the Orlesian language very well and it had been a long few hours teaching. They were now close to Denerim and Nygozy had decided they needed a day or two before going into the capital. No one knew why but Jezarine didn't care as it gave her a chance to get some things done. As she strode along the outskirts she noticed the Tamassran making notes and walked over to him,>
"Hi. Would you mind company?"

"Yes. I could use someone to speak to I suppose." He scratched his chin and put his notes down.

"Oh? This sounds important." She said as she sat down beside him and looked up, "What can I help you with?"

"What is your impressopn of each member of this group?"

The healer mage blinked, wondering about the question but shrugged to show a bit of indifference, "Most seem to work well together. There are a few who are out for themselves but that's not unusual."

"I see. But I meant as individuals." He said, with a slight twinge of uncomfortable meaning behind the last word.

"Individuals? Well that depends on who you mean." She looked to where Nygozy was speaking with Sinjan and smirked as she noticed a flash of movement beside her, "Who did you want to start with?"

"We shall start with our leader. What are your thoughts on her?"

Jez smiled, "Well, she's tough and tricky when it comes to fighting. She is really good with most people and believes in taking care of everyone in her care. There is some pain there but I don't know why. It seems to be getting better by the day though. It seems ... well, Kai seems to be helping her smile more even though he's so ... hard."

"Yes, I see." He jotted something down onto his notes. "Kai, her shadow. What about him?""

"Uhm..." She rubbed an arm as she turned her head from the others, "He's strong, tough, and well he's scary. He's so stolid and shows no emotion in front of anyone. Sometimes he will say something but it is seldom and mostly only when required or for sarcasm. He's trustworthy but I wouldn't want to be a target of his. He'd feel nothing if he had to take me out. Sometimes I think he'd be>
happy to do it."

"Hm. I admire the man. He is the most Qunari-like of the group. Shame he was born a barbarian. He would have made a fine Qunari."

"I suppose. He certainly takes great care with Nygozy." She stated with a slight smirk, "It's his job to watch her but he really takes it ... I don't know he is stuck to her and it feels somehow ... more."

"That would make him an unsuitable mate for her. Love does not factor in the breeding."

She shrugged, "Oh? In this culture young are not taken care of by others which might make something like that a big factor. Here you protect and train your young yourself so if you have a father willing to kill for his young that makes him even more valuable to a female."

"You need not distract yourselves from your duties because of children. They will become my responsability. I am happy with the way muy people do it."

"And you believe that Nygozy would accept that?" Jez stared up at him, "It would be nice to have some facility to care for children but I'm not sure how that would hold with her."

"I will be opening up a school to bring up the children in. There they will learn of the Qun and how to be civilized."

A brow rose, "And you have talked with Nygozy about this?"

"I thought it did not need saying. I will discuss it with her, of course. But she trusts my judgement from what I have seen." He said and then moved on to the notes. "Margaid."

"Uh huh. May I request to be there when you discuss it with her? I'm sure it would be ... uhm ... enlightening." Jez scratched her chin, "Uh ... sanity is not in Margaid's vocabulary I believe. The poor girl has been out of touch with anything besides the forest for so long I'm not even sure she can change to be accepted by any but this group."

"So she is not suitable for any breeding." He nodded, jotting it down.

"Well ...not sure about that but certainly not for raising children unless you want feral kids running around."

"As I said, I will be raising the children. You and your collegues will have little to do with them."
The Tamassran looked back down at his notes. "Garoll."

"Oh he's an ok guy. Funny even if he does drink a lot but that seems to be characteristic of a lot of Dwarves to drink a lot. He's nice enough and tends to have a good attitude. Quite the fighter I hear."

He nodded. "I see. A good match for someone." He said, doing some more jotting down on the paper. "Calliara."

"Calliara is very sweet. I like her. She's nice and is a good help to Nygozy." She nodded.

"Anything else? Something more ultility?"

"She's good with her bow and sings very well." She said with a nod, "Calliara is also brave and very smart. She learns fast."

"Intriguing." He said and jotted notes down. "If you have any others you wish to discuss, please share."

"Uh ... there's Lithawen but she's a very rough person. I think she excels at fighting authority figures. She gets all high and mighty then mad at others who do have the authority. Seems to think she should have it instead. And she hates humans with a passion." Jez shook her head, "I don't know if she likes anyone but she fights well."

"She is Saarebas. She would be taken with a grain of salt for the breeding program due to her mentality."

Jez nodded, "I suppose so. Uh ... there's Sinjan. He worked for the crown until he got sent to help Nygozy. He fights well and is loyal to her. Funny guy when it comes to the woods though. He's such a clutz doing anything outside of a city." She chuckled.

He nods. Sighing, he rubbed his temples. "Griffinhart."

She glanced towards the fire and shivered, "Cold. He fights like one possessed of a heart of ice and is all work, no emotion to speak of. It isn't just his attitude, it is the feel of him as if he was bred for one thing and cares nothing for anything else." She smirked, "Maybe a good Qunari warrior there."

"I am sure he would unsettle even the most hardened Arishok. But yes, he would have made a fine Qunari."

The young woman nodded, agreeing, "Let's see." She smiled then blushed, "There's uh Ianto. He's ... well ... he's really nice and fights good. He's not anything like a Qunari because he's more of a funny person but he's a good guy and protective."

"You are saying Qunari are not funny?" He asked, lifting a brow. "Our sense of humor may be different from yours but it is still a sense of humor."

"Well ... he jokes a lot more though and chatters on and on like I do. How many Qunari chatter like a squirrel that's gotten into candy?"

"Merchants mostly. And womenfolk among themselves."

She gave him a funny look, "Have you heard me on a chatter binge?"

"I dont need to. Your eyes often rant." He smirked.

Jezarine put her arms over her chest, "Fine then. Who else should I talk with you about?"

"Maghai." He said, going down his list. There was no particular order to it.

"Guremi. She's dedicated and strong. I'm surprised with how tall she is. Most women are not that tall around here." She rubbed her chin, "Guremi seems like a hunter somehow. Dedicated, strong and honourbound."

"She does her duty. Indeed, but she does seem a bit absent minded."

"Oh? How's that?" She asked, curious.

"Oh... The tall elf, Marcus, told me that she almost crushed herself under a tree by cutting it down wrong, not paying attention."

Jezarine shrugged, "I don't know if I can go by that. Marcus is a lumberjack so I'm sure he'd say the same about me if I tried to cut down a tree. I wouldn't know what way to do it. And there are a lot of variables."

"Common sense dictates that when you are cutting down something like a tree, you cut away from where gravity would make it fall precariously... like the hill leading down to Lake Calenhad that Guremi did not seem to notice. At any rate, moving on. Marcus, since I just mentioned him."

"Well I don't know the situation so I couldn't tell." She shrugged again, "Marcus seems to want people to like him. He's sweet enough and he's constantly whittling and giving out little statuettes to people. He fights good too. Sometimes one would think he's crazy then he acts different. Maybe he's just pretending on some things."

"I have seen him as unstable since I got here. But such is the fate of a barbarian berserker. His vocabulary is impressive though."

Jezarine tapped her chin with a finger, "Yeh he likes to show unstable but I don't know. Anyway, who's next?"

"I will let you question me for now. If you have any inquiries."
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down