Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
More Politics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
More Politics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
More Politics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
More Politics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
More Politics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
More Politics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
More Politics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
More Politics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
More Politics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

More Politics

+2
Hikarusakanoue
Nygozy
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

More Politics - Page 2 Empty Re: More Politics

Post  Calliara Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:35 am

Once the false guards were imprisoned, and she checked that everyone was alright, Calliara ordered to keep some of the wounded guards that were still lying on the floor alive. While the others were doing this, she went to find Nygozy.

Of course she didn't hear anything, she just saw just in time Nygozy going out a room, the King's study it seemed, and going down the corridor to another room, followd by Kai.

Nygozy's expression shocked Calliara, and the Dalish just stood there in silence, in the shadows, just exchanging a look with Kai.

Her cousin shrugged a bit and nodded, and kept following Nygozy until they two were alone in a room. Calliara wondered what the hell had happened to put the Commander in such agitated emotion.

And then she saw Alistair and comprehension hit her suddenly. The Dalish frowned and followed silently the human King until he stopped, watching Kai closing the door behind Nygozy and him. When Alistair turned to leave, he found her right behind him, staring at him.

''Oh! Er... Ah... Hello, Calliara. I didn't hear you''

Calliara kept her silence, staring at him without blinking until she saw Alistair starting to sweat

''What have you done to her?''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:15 am

Kai's presence wasn't realized until he pulled her to him and held her. She had not heard him come in or even close the door. His strong arms holding her gave Nygozy some comfort and she let herself slip, no longer standing of her own accord. She pressed her face against his shoulder, closed her eyes and shuddered.

What was it with this Elf that the tears burned away with this one small action. It was as if he were taking her pain into himself and leaving her with a warmth, a cozy feeling which she could close her eyes to and fall into slumber.

All the hurt from what had just happened with Alister seemed to fade at least for now. She would deal with all of that later. There was no energy to do so now.

Nygozy had not eaten well the last couple of days, no matter how much Kai had pointed out that she should. She also had not slept more than a few hours since the soldiers had come to take the horses.

"Kai."

She whispered his name but once yet had no way to follow up on what she was trying to get to come out, that he had become her foothold on sanity where Alistair once had been. With the man holding her, she was able to let herself slumber. He made her feel safe and that was all she could handle at the moment as her breathing became deeper and she fell asleep against the Dalish man.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hikarusakanoue Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:39 am

Kai felt the hero as she drifted into sleep, he knew she needed it, so he was glad to let her lay against him. He listened as she whispered his name, he gave a quiet nod in reply as he still had no words.

Kai waited a long moment in silence. After it had ended he lifted the hero off of the ground, he didn't know if there would be a place he could take her to rest properly. He wasn't truly thinking of that at the moment and the woman was small, not heavy by any means, he was content to hold her there in his arms.

With nothing to do in this quiet room, the elf started to think. He thought of Alistair and anger sparked in him, it confused the assassin a bit. He was usually calm, level headed, one to watch and then react reasonably. So he didn't understand just what made him change in this way. He'd noticed it before, in small ways, but now he felt it stronger. He feft different.

He was sincerely angry at the king, he hadn't been there during the original fight, he hadn't known what happened. Yet, whatever it was had harmed the hero, he wanted to demand answers from the king. He stayed where he was though, right now Nygozy needed him there.

And he saw Calliara there, he saw his cousin before he'd closed the door. And somehow he trusted in her, to react in his place, with the king.
Hikarusakanoue
Hikarusakanoue

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:35 pm

There were fewe injuries in their group than Drake had anticipated only proving in his mind that these were not normal soldiers to the crown. That meant that there wasa switch on purpose and the actual soldiers must have been reporting elsewhere. Soldiers to the crown were never that sloppy or badly trained. He knew.

While he stood watching the others he noticed the movement to his side and took note of the happenings there. He shook his head as Calliara went after the king and strode along a few steps behind her, a furrow of discontent between his brows.

His lady questioned the king and he put his hands upon her shoulders, "Perhaps we should take this into another room, my love? Having this kind of discussion in the hallway is not a good choice."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:43 pm

The Shadow was observing the humans from a distance. He had already shown himself to their leader, revealing himself to be a talking hurlock freed from the song of the Old Gods. For the sake of his own safety and that of the others, however, he kept a full face mask on, a white mask that only had holes for his shining gold eyes with the black abyss behind them. He folded his arms over his chest as he watched the fight, not wanting to get involved. And then the Warden-Commander went in alone to speak to the Human King.

He seemed like a statue, sitting there, unmoving and just watching beneath his deep hood and mask. He knew the others were uneasy around him except for the one who was fascinated by him; the one who was dream-touched. Everyone else he had noted liked to hold their weapons around him. They do not trust you. the voices in his head said in their gentle, comforting whisper. Make yourself indispensable, then you shall be trusted. it cooed. The voices sounded less harsh now, more soothing. He did not mind it so much now.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:52 pm

''I don't mind telling him that he is an idiot in the hallway'' Calliara snarled furiously

But feeling his hands on her shoulders made her be less tense, and the Dalish pointed to another room

''YOU. THERE. NOW'' She ordered to Alistair, and the King sheepishly obeyed, looking at Drake like begging him for mercy

Calliara took Drake's hand and sighed

''Come with me, I think it's better if you're with me so I won't strangle him''

The Dalish smiled, tense, and then pushed Drake to follow her
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:00 pm

Once Calliara and Drake were with him, and the Dalish had closed the door, Alistair started to talk with Drake, nervously

''It is good to see you again, Drake. I missed you all. How is Sinjan? I hope I'll be able to talk with him as well. If Wolf... if Calliara doesn't kill me''

He laughed nervously and then he realized something. Did he just heard Drake calling Calliara 'my love'? Or it was his imagination?

''Soooo... I take it that you two know each other... very well. That... that make people be less aggressive... right? Right?''
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:53 pm

Her little push made Drake slip a bit which hurt his manly pride so he rolled his shoulder to look nonchalant and cover his misstep. It was interesting to see the dynamics between his love and the king proving to himself that he had been correct that Alistair had not been the best choice of ruler.

"Sin is fine. your majesty." He said but not mockingly, "That all depends on what is going on if there will be any compassion. Calliara, how about if us men talk?"

He had a look on his face that said he saw nothing funny at this time.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:58 pm

Calliara crossed her arms and shrugged

''Do you want me to go and leave you alone?''

She was a bit surprised with that. So he wanted her to leave? Fine. He'll get it

''Don't kill him. Bowen would like to do it himself once he knows what's happening here'' She snarled at Alistair, like an animal, and left, closing the door with a -bang-
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:05 pm

Alistair closed his eyes when the door was closed that forcefully and then looked at Drake, a bit scared of what the warrior could do with him. He knew that Drake was absolutely loyal to Nygozy and payed no attention to Kings or nobility.

''So... you and the Wolf, huh? Man, I suppose I have to congratulate you... or not? I wonder why and how it happened, she is soooo.... she was sooo...'' He wondered how to say it. Of course he knew about Duncan and Calliara, all the Wardens knew. Also, he saw the pain in Bowen and Calliara when he had to tell them that it was true that everyone was dead but the newest recruits, who they never met.

''Well, sooo...'' Maker's breath, what if Drake killed him right then? ''Sooooo....''

Alright, Alistair, you have to say something instead of 'Sooooo...' or he will kill you just for being annoying.

''Cold...... Like ice...'' Great, Alistair. ''What did you wanted to talk about...?''
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:22 pm

"Hmm." He said as he watched Calliara leave and didn't react when she slammed the door, "I hope you have a good reason for everything because I am now in the Mabari house."

Drake strode calmly to a counter which held bottles of drinks, "It was a fluke. We saw each other and that was it." He touched a decanter then started looking at the pictures on the wall, "Wasn't that the way it was with you and Nyggy? Or did it take time for the two of you to realize what you felt?"

The man slowly turned and grinned at the king for a moment knowing that Alistair was nervous around him sometimes and now even more so since something was definitely not right, "Then again, both the Wolf and I are icy."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:55 am

''It took a little time. I never loved anyone before, I didn't know what I was feeling, but I know I felt something the first moment I saw her'' Alistair muttered, almost smiling with the memories. Things seemed easier then even with the Blight approaching, but there wasn't a whole Kingdom between them

"Then again, both the Wolf and I are icy."

Alistair started sweating again. He always felt nervous around Drake, even if he really liked the warrior, but he had something... feral, animal in him that tested his nerves. No wonder why the Wolf and him were together now, they looked and acted the same way: like predators

''What... what's on your mind?''
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:56 am

His eyes wandered and a slight "uhm hm" came from his lips as Alistair spoke at each point the man had made. He sighed and stalked around the room, idly looking at the items within as if they were interesting but everything he looked at was nothing exciting or interesting in any way.

"Ah yes. Now I remember Nyggy telling me that. She'd never been in love before you either." He stopped his stalking and half turned to look at Alistair from the side of his eyes, "That seems like so long ago, almost like a life time away, does it not?"

Drake flicked a chair back with his foot and dropped into it, his feet landing on the table, "Well, we might as well get this out of the way before my lady decides that the land does not require you as their king." He pointed it out almost tiredly but he was nowhere near tired, "Do not worry. I am not here to take that task into my hands. Unless I really had to."

He smiled but the smile did not reach his eyes in the slight moment that it lasted, "Besides ... your assassin bodyguard would not allow it. However, was he not requested to watch you for Nyggy? Hmm. Well, he does know that if you died it would hurt our little friend much more so. So ... why was the Wolf angry at you and asking what you 'did to her'?"

The fighter could not help but to do as he did. He was a predator and enjoyed playing with his prey sometimes but only when they deserved the play. It seemed like Alistair, if not need to be played with at least needed to learn some things.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:05 am

Alistair looked at his feet, just like a child being lectured

''I... eh... hum...''

Think, Alistair. And think fast

''I... I'm almost certain that she wasn't inside the room where Nygozy and I were talking... So I take that she saw Nygozy going out... er... crying...''

And that was it. Good bye world. He was certain now that Drake would kill him, or let the Wolf do it, or, Maker's breath, maybe it would be Bowen who would kill him. The Nevarran man scared the hell out of him since his days as a recruit. He wasn't sure who scared him the most: Bowen with his rudeness, the Wolf with her icy eyes or Drake with that casual tone of him that meant all kind of hidden pain for him
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:22 am

He shrugged then yawned, "We were kind of involved in a little war with your cult soldiers and guards. By the way, you have quite a few problems to deal with." He leaned back, "This one first though."

Drake seemed to be looking at the ceiling, "Nyggy disappeared in the middle of that fight. You do know that she was being targeted? Yes, well we were very concerned about this, as you can imagine, but fighting for our own lives was the only option we had. I'm sure you would have been unhappy then too."

His feet suddenly left the table and his elbows took their place instead, hands under his chin, "So please ... regail me, oh king, on how she disappeared from our deadly battle only to end up going out of your study looking like a piano just dropped on her head?"
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:39 am

Alistair moved uncomfortably in his place, still feeling like a child. He tried to recover some dignity, though

''I think that's something between Nyggy and me, and none of your business nor the Wolf's. In any case, shouldn't you go after 'your lady' to make sure you won't be sleeping outside tonight? I bet she is one helluva woman when mistreated. I remember that...''

He stopped his babling, thinking that maybe it wasn't wise talking about the past lover of someone's lover.

''Anyway, Nygozy used some of the hidden tunnels here in the Palace. I have no clue why she knew about them, hell, I am sure I didn't knew about them, so maybe it was Kai who knew because Zevran knew or... I don't know. We talked about some things that... felt her feel bad, as well as I feel bad for them, and that's all. Personal. The End.''
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:03 pm

Drake leaned forward, his grin deepening and this time there was amusement in his eyes as Alistair spoke to him. Once Alistair was done he pushed the chair back and walked over to the other man, stood right in front of him, looking him in the eyes.

"Are you saying that this is none of our business?" He asked with no expression whatsoever as he looked into Alistair's eyes, seemingly analyzing the other man.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:09 pm

Alistair almost shivered, but closed his fists and stared into Drake's eyes, trying to look firm

''That exactly'' He said with gritted teeth ''That's none of your business. And I won't say a word about it''
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:22 pm

Time passed as Drake kept his eyes on Alistair's after the man had made his declaration. He waited and the king did not falter, he kept his stance and stood up to the man who normally would terrify him. But Drake still waited, watched and assessed.

Finally a grin tugged at the side of Drake's lips, his eyes became pleasant and he patted Alistair's shoulder a few times, "Good."

He said it simply as if there was nothing else in the world which mattered. He did not move but his stance had changed from that of a predator to one of a friend, "You are gaining some balls but you really need to grow a tougher spine, my friend. I am glad that you said that. If you had caved then I would have been disappointed, especially because you are the king. Also, our love lives are our own and of no concern of others unless you confide freely."

Drake moved to the alcohol and poured two glasses of something, he had no idea what, and handed one to the other man, "I knew Nygozy would be hurt when you two saw each other again. There was no way around that. My Wolf is being motherly. Interesting how she's taken such a maternal interest in our little woman. Anyway, have you realized that you are not suited as a king?"

He did not sound condescending or offensive. It was a point of fact to him and he needed to discuss these things with the man. It wasn't like they had never talked man to man before. They just never had very often.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:40 pm

Relieved, Alistair accepted the drink and sip from the glass a bit. Maker, it was strong.

''I know I'm not! I just let Arl Eamon talk me into this like the stupid fool I am! 'My duty, my honor, my family's name, my father.' Bullshit!'' He mimicked angrily ''As if my father bothered about me, or even my brother! Why the hell did I accept this... cage?''

He drank a bit more, feeling better now that it looked like Drake wasn't going to kill him

''And Wolf had always been that way, for the time I met her. She was worried for anything and anyone, and spent hours just checking every dust in the quarters to be sure everything was alright. No wonder why she was sick that often. She is cold as ice, true, but I know she truly cares. It's just that... she scares the hell out of me when she looks at me with those eyes without blinking. Because she does blink sometimes, doesn't she? She stares like an animal...''

The King sighed heavily

''I just wish sometimes that we were traveling again, during the Blight. We had difficulties, true, but it looked way too much simple... I just wish I could drop this stupid crown and run away''
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:56 pm

Drake raised his glass to Alistair knowing his capabilities then drank a bit. He leaned against the wall, his legs crossed as he drew circles around the lip of the glass, "Calli is a determined woman but she does blink when she is not intimidating people." He chuckled, a prize to some, "But she is not the issue here. Well, not after I speak with her anyhow. I'm likely to be sleeping with the Mabari's so I hope you appreciate what I am doing."

He drank a bit more, "Either you are going to have to get the balls to say to the Arl that you are not in a position which is not good for yourself or you will be forced to continue on this way until it kills you." A sigh and another drink before he continued, "Would you like my council upon this matter?"
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:02 pm

''I can arrange some room for you far from her if you need it'' Alistair offered with a chuckle, and then looked at him intently

''Eamon doesn't want to hear me rant about this anyway, he is tired already. The only one who listens to me... sometimes... is Teagan. And Macha, poor Macha. I'd love any advice that would help me, thank you''
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:10 pm

He swirled his drink then looked up, "Bring Nygozy into it." He grinned, "The woman is as devastating as a Mabari holding onto things. Eamon is in town." Drake did not say how he knew that piece of information, "Tell him that the wardens are here and that you request a meeting, luncheon maybe, with himself and his aides. Tomorrow would be good."

Drake pushed himself from the wall and downed the rest of his drink, refilled his glass and offered more to Alistair, "I know that Nyggy is upset right now but she will calm down. She has hardly eaten or slept since those fake soldiers tried to take our mounts so that probably did not help. I know Kai tried his best to get her to but she's stubborn."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:15 pm

Alistair's eyes looked sad knowing that. ''I do know how stubborn she is indeed. Maybe not tomorrow, but I think I can request the meeting in two days... and yes, a lunch would be awesome. I hope Teagan would come as well, but he is busy with the Bannorn...''

The King began pacing back and forth, thinking. The more he thought about it the more he liked the idea

''Maybe if we corner him he will understand! Oh Drake, that would be awesome. Imagine, I'd be free to leave with you all again, maybe I could be Nyggy's second with the Wardens, maybe we... well... Who knows...''

Suddenly grabbing Drake's hand, he started to shake it in his excitement ''Thank you, Drake, I can't thank you enough for this''
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:32 pm

Drake nodded then drank back the rest of his drink once more and put it back on the counter. At least the king was thinking in a better frame of mind than he had been before. He watched the glimmer of hope run through the man's eyes and waited for the rest of his reaction.

As Alistair shook his hand he clasped the warden's other arm with his other hand and looked him in the eye, "You continue to forget that I am friend to both of you, Alistair. It is not something I show as often as others, and probably not as often with you as others, but I am. Remember that. I have always been council to Nygozy and have for you as well. This is something you can request when you wish."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next