Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Leon Amell I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Leon Amell I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Leon Amell I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Leon Amell I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Leon Amell I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Leon Amell I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Leon Amell I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Leon Amell I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Leon Amell I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Leon Amell

3 posters

Go down

Leon Amell Empty Leon Amell

Post  Canus Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:26 pm

Leon Amell KOpL4

Character Name: Leon Amell
Sex: Male
Race: Full-Blooded Human

Class: Mage
Specializations: Blood Mage/Arcane Warrior
Favored skills: Blood Magic abilities, Combat Magic, Primal Electrical Spells, Creation Summoning Spells, Spirit Death Spells, Entropy Spells

Hobbies: The thrill of living in freedom and taking risks is fun in and of itself. And of course, discovering new spells and new techniques. He also enjoys taking upon himself an alias, when he has to. In entering into the outside world, he’s found he enjoys doing quite a lot of things, and let’s his sporadic life take him wherever it may go.

Background:
Leon was born into the Amell family. He does not remember much of his family, except that they lived in Lothering, and he had a twin brother named Andon whom he was inseparable with. One day he accidentally shocked his brother, and Andon went screaming to his parents. Before he knew it, Templars arrived at their home, and literally had to pull the boy from his home, with Andon screaming and begging him forgiveness and asking the Templars to leave him or bring Andon along with them. It was the last he’d see of his brother so far, as he was taken to a tall tower in the middle of a lake, and that became his new home.

The very day he’d been brought there, he met an apprentice who’d been there a year before him—Jowan—and the two became close friends after that. They did everything together, as he and Andon had done, from studying to random mischief. In getting older, Jowan began to drift away from Leon, and it was apparent to the younger apprentice that something was amiss. Leon was called for his Harrowing, and passed with flying colours. After he recovered, he went to see Irving and received his mage gear, then Jowan approached him finally.

He introduced him to Lily, an Initiate in the Chantry, and told him that she was the reason he’d been sneaking around. Leon was miffed, as he and Jowan had been friends for what seemed like eternity, and yet, he couldn’t have told him this sooner. He’d even told Jowan what the Harrowing had been like. And then Jowan began to whine about becoming Tranquil, and it threatened to drive Leon insane. But he saw opportunity—as Irving had said that his phylactery would be shipped soon—and decided to risk it. He went to Irving, told him of Jowan’s plans, and the First Enchanter walked him through this, step-by-step. Neither he, nor Jowan, realised they were being manipulated.

Down into the repository they went, guided by Lily. They fought sentinels and any other defenses, and made it to the phylactery chamber. When Jowan destroyed his phylactery, Leon did as well, and then they exited...to find a welcoming party. Irving praised Leon for bringing Jowan to him, though Greagoir looked upon him with suspicion. When it was announced that Lily would face Aeonar, Jowan dug a knife into his skin and threw his blood at the Templars and Irving, knocking them unconscious. Leon was shocked, and angry at Jowan, but he saw an escape route and took it.

He’s been on the run ever since. He took up a new identity, and eventually learned blood magic as it was a “necessary evil.” And he found he could do so much with it. The more he used it, the better he got with it. During the Blight, he fought Darkspawn whenever he encountered them—or ran, if there were too many. At times, he encountered Templars, and dealt with them as was necessary. Using Blood Magic, he started to change his appearance, taking on different personas and hiding in plain sight. He plans on finding his brother someday, however, and hopes that the two of them could return to the old days.

He would spend a few days, scouting out his new identity when he needed to make one, and learning about the person, whether using the shadows or his coinpurse to procure information. His most recent was quite bold: a Templar, part of a band that was actually hunting him. Ironic, then, wasn’t it, that Leon was spying upon them all? Once he’d had enough information, Leon allowed them to “ambush” him, not letting on that they were entering into a trap. Once they were all dead, he found the one with the least-damaged armour, and reshaped his looks to that man’s, then dressed in his armour, and burned the other body, scattering the ashes where few would care to look. Then he returned to the village, acting as though he were the only survivor.

Personality:
Leon is generally happy and optimistic. He takes what life throws at him, and savors every moment, even the killing, which he has gotten used to. He loathes Templars and the Chantry, but he is easily able to conceal his disgust. In fact, he can very much meld how he acts to the situation, no matter what he thinks. This comes in handy when he takes on other people’s identities, a thing he has enjoyed doing, as it adds more excitement to his life, and lets him experience things as another person.

Weapons/Armor: Leon’s preferred battle attire would be a set of ancient and powerful Tevinter robes; how they have survived is a mystery to him. He has a Magister’s Staff, which is red and looks like two intertwining dragons with a gem at the tip. Of course, he cannot wear this in public, so generally he dons civilian clothing.

Appearance:
Leon used to be a handsome, brown-skinned man with short, dark brown hair parted to the side, and green eyes. He had been thin, but in performing labor, he had grown a bit of muscle. Now, he takes on varying personas, and melds his appearance to match them. His present one looks like this.

((It will be fun, taking on various identities as him)).
Canus
Canus

Back to top Go down

Leon Amell Empty Re: Leon Amell

Post  Nygozy Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:36 pm

This should indeed be quite interesting! I'm looking forward to it.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:41 pm

Archive this one, please. I am keeping Devin, but I don't think I can play Leon. Besides, I have two great character ideas and the limit is three I think. Thanks.
Devin
Devin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:18 pm

Limit is three at the start to see if you can play them. If you can play more then go ahead.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:18 pm

The main reason I'd want to archive him is that I'm not going to play him, and I want the "Amell" to be open to whoever wants to play him/her, rather than the "Amell" being a character that is inactive.
Devin
Devin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:02 pm

Very well. I will put him in an archive. Poor fellow Laughing
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:12 pm