Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Off to Denerim - Sinjan's Group I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Off to Denerim - Sinjan's Group I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Off to Denerim - Sinjan's Group I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Off to Denerim - Sinjan's Group I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Off to Denerim - Sinjan's Group I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Off to Denerim - Sinjan's Group I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Off to Denerim - Sinjan's Group I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Off to Denerim - Sinjan's Group I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Off to Denerim - Sinjan's Group I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Off to Denerim - Sinjan's Group

+5
Dragonis
Margaid
Sinjan
Royce
Nygozy
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Off to Denerim - Sinjan's Group Empty Off to Denerim - Sinjan's Group

Post  Nygozy Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:40 pm

"Your group will come after Lithawen's. You will be set up. Once it comes evening you will find a campsite and set it up while Lithawen's group secures the area. Margaid, Marcus, Royce and Iauron along with Fa'hallen will be in your group."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Off to Denerim - Sinjan's Group Empty Re: Off to Denerim - Sinjan's Group

Post  Royce Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:02 am

Royce pouted slightly, very childishly throwing a tantrum in his head. But I want to go with the pretty ones!. He was thinking of Jez and Ianto, but of course the group of full of pretty people. At least the blond elf man was with them (Roy had thought for a minute that the Dalish might be a woman, truthfully). Marcus was a bit too manly for the noble's tastes, he liked his men feminine and his women tough. Margaid was quiet cute, but a little too out of her mind to be worth much to him. And the leader of this group, psh, another noble. Royce had nothing against nobles on a personal level, but just didn't like to 'mingle' with them any more than he had to. All his life he had to shut up and take the nose-in-the-air attitude, and he would definitely have to take it for the rest of his life. But he preferred to be amongst the more common folk, if anything they were at least more interesting.
Royce
Royce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinjan Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:59 pm

Sinjan nodded towards Nygozy and watched Lithawen for a few moments before moving towards his team. He got Snow's reigns and walked the large stallion towards the people he would be going with and surveyed his team.

What exactly was Nygozy thinking when she set him up with this group?

To be honest the only one he really wondered about was Margaid. She was so unusual and sporadic. He had no clue what to do about her. Maybe he was being tested in his capabilities to lead someone who was completely unusual. He'd only ever led those who had been trained.

Marcus was ok but he wondered about that man too. He seemed good enough for the most part but went from sane to strange quickly. Whereas he knew Margaid had a few rocks loose he wasn't sure about this man. Marcus was just different.

Royce seemed ok. The man was looking towards Ianto and Jezarine and seemed a bit nonplussed. Sinjan had no idea what background this one had but he wasn't sure he wanted to delve into it. That was more Nygozy's job.

Now Iauron and Fa'hallen certainly made him curious. It was mostly due to them being from a Dalish clan but also because he wondered so often what it would have been like to have been raised in his mother's clan instead of with humans. Oh well. Maybe he could ask Iauron for more information.

"It looks like the forerunners are already on the go. Let's get mounted and wait them out, let them get a bit ahead." He looked at the group, "Margaid, you stick with me. Marcus can take up the rear and Iauron and Royce behind myself and Margaid."

Sinjan
Sinjan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Margaid Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:38 am

Margaid had been sniffing inquiringly at Snow while Sinjan assembled his troupe, looking up abruptly when she heard her name called.

"Margaid, that's me, right?" She asked the air between her and Sinjan, before turning back to the horse and answering the stallion. "Okay." She mumbled, not quite sure she knew how she felt about 'sticking' with anyone. It didn't sound like too much fun, but she shrugged it off and went back to looking the horse over intently. A lot of the people in the camp had these creatures and she had seen a great deal more from a distance when the maleficar happened upon travelers in the woods. They were big, and pretty grass-eaters, like deer, but stronger looking. She tilted her head to the side and scratched her chin, looking as though she were pondering something with a great deal of concentration.

"No, no....ah!" She exclaimed to herself, before stepping back, raising her oak tree branch staff and shape-shifting into a buckskin quarter horse that reflected her one skin and hair coloring. The mage-horse whinnied, pleased, to herself and trotted in a circle, getting used to the un-cloven hooves that were heavier and bigger than the deer-hooves she was used to. She then went to stand beside snow pointedly, showing Sinjan that she was ready to 'stick with him', whatever that meant.
Margaid
Margaid

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:31 am

Marcus was eager to get moving again, but he felt stiff from sleeping in the stables with the horses. Hay was never the best bedding in the world. He was to travel with Sinjan again, was it? That suited him fine. Royce and Iouron he didn't know too well, and even less so Margaid, who was quite possibly truly insane whereas Marcus just pretended insanity. Or eccentricity. Whichever.

Combing his fingers through his thick brown hair, the elf hoisted Durbans onto his back once again, the familiar weight of the enormous axe comforting him as he rode on the horse that Drake had given him. He couldn't remember the mare's name, so he was content with calling her Yew, after the type of tree he liked to look at during his lumberjack days. Petting her mane reassuringly, he trotted up to Sinjan. "Well, if I'm going to take the rear, try not to get yourself ambushed, hmmm?" He smirked, then moved Yew to the back of the line.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Royce Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:04 pm

Well... at least he was with the pretty elf. Margaid had proven herself just a tad too out of touch with reality for Royce's liking (though her lyrium high this morning had been quiet entertaining to watch), and he watched her wearily every now and then.

The red headed man threw himself up atop his 'noble' steed, running his fingers through the well-groomed silky mane of the white mare. Who knew what her name was? Roy just knew that it was the horse that his servants had prepared for him before his departure.

His eyes wandered, and his caught sight of a trinket of Sinjan's carrying the warrior's family's crest. "A Koru, eh?" he smiled toothily. He knew of the family as well as he knew of any other noble family. He was brought up knowing about others, what their political views were so to know who his allies were. "Ardric is a good man. Perhaps a little occupied with other things, but a good man none the less." he was speaking of the few and very rare times he had met the other noble, whether at a landsmeet, or some other 'stupid' event, but he knew Ardric's views as well as anyone else's, and he both agreed and disagreed with his strong opinions.

This fact of course didn't change the opposition Royce had with traveling with another noble, but if anyone were to act below their 'Maker given statues' it was a Koru (Or of course himself), so he had some hope for Sinjan yet.
Royce
Royce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guremi Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:55 pm

People had passed along the road while Tempest stomped her hooves, ready to get going. A pat on the neck did not appease the quarter horse in the least as she moved her head, flinging her white mane over her pale golden neck. Soon enough her mistress was seated upon her, ready to get going into the day, through the bushes and out to the road. Those who had gone past were well gone but another group was now on their way.

Guremi turned her warhorse towards the party of strange people and stared at the men and halla. They seemed to have an extra horse moving beside the person at the head of the group. She watched them coming towards her but stayed where she was, waiting to see if they were brigands or simple travelers. The two in front did seem to be nobles but that often as not meant anything due to some of the younger ones believing that because they had status they could do whatever they wished.

The crest on Tempest's blanket showed the crest of the King and it was on the saddlebags as well. She didn't show any fear or aggressiveness. The woman simply waited calmly and quietly.
Guremi
Guremi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinjan Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:38 pm

"Margaid, that's me, right?"

"Yes that is you." Sinjan smiled at the maleficar with awkward amusement. She was so childish that it made him unsure of how to react to the young woman. This was not something he was used to. It shouldn't be too long to get the hang of it ... hopefully.

"Okay. No, no....ah!"

Sinjan blinked as Margaid changed into a horse then shook his head, "That will do I suppose. Stay close to me and we will make sure you are safe." He rubbed her ear, "You make one fine horse, Margaid."

"Well, if I'm going to take the rear, try not to get yourself ambushed, hmmm?"

He chuckled, "Oh we will do our best to make sure of that, Marcus. Just remember to keep your head about you while you sculpt or that horse Drake lent you will wander into the bushes. She's not like his warhorse." He teased.

"A Koru, eh?"

The acknowledgement of his family name made Sinjan take a closer look at Royce then chuckled as he noticed Royc's family crest, "An Alfstanna? Well, you must be the one they tend to call 'the insufferable whelp.' I am glad it is you or I'd have to live through a mighty amount of 'ser this' and 'ser that' for all the boring thrill it is worth."

"Ardric is a good man. Perhaps a little occupied with other things, but a good man none the less."

"My father has calmed since last I saw him. His mind is more into the political gains and how to go about ... I don't know. All that noble stuff they keep talking about and I keep ignoring." He shrugged.

That was when a woman came from the woods, calmly placing herself into the path and watching them. Sinjan halted the group about ten feet away from the woman and looked at her, assessing the woman carefully. He was not yet sure what to do but waited as she waited.

"Iauron. Check the woods. I want to know if there are others or if there was any camp about." He said calmly as he kept an eye on the woman, "Marcus. Parlay with the good woman and you give him backup, Royce. Margaid, stay here with me." Sinjan patted her neck to make sure she knew he was talking to her.

Sinjan
Sinjan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:00 am

Marcus lifted an eyebrow and brought Yew to a halt when they were headed off by a woman in their path. He had only been half listening to the conversations but when he heard the traveller in front of them approach, he snapped back to reality. Suddenly he was cautious, but still kept his aloof persona on. "Ah, I shall endeavor to appeal our path earnestly!" He smiled and then trotted Yew towards the woman with the symbols emblazoned on her saddlebags. "How now, my hopefully harmless harrying honey." He greeted after clearing his throat. "Pray tell us why you hinder our progress 'pon yon road?"
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Iauron Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:29 pm

Iauron couldn't say he was displeased with the group he was in. He worked well with others, generally, and with a job as simple as setting up camp, he wasn't too worried, even if he still hadn't spent much time getting to know the group. Long journeys like this were usually good for that.

As they set out, Iauron allowed himself a moment of internal thought and observation, trusting Fa'hallen completely to keep him in line with the others. The leader of their group, Sinjan, seemed to Iauron to be a very capable leader. He seemed reasonable, certainly more than fair and, if Iauron was allowed to make certain assumptions of character, looked to be a very nice man. As far as the elf was concerned, those were the most pressing qualities needed for leadership (at least, with a group this small).

The mage who rode next to him, Iauron knew quite well from their hunting excursion the night before. Margaid was... eccentric, but, if it was possible, Iauron had seen worse among the wild maleficar. She seemed to retain a modicum of human social understanding, if only just in her curiosity and vague desire to work with them. However, crazy as she might be, she was a powerful mage, and since seeing her this morning, she seemed to have even more energy, magical and otherwise, about her that made Iauron wonder what had changed.

The man next to him, Royce, or something of the sort, seemed amiable. Granted, he hadn't spoken more than a word to him yet, but from what he'd seen he was very well bred, but rebellious (Iauron had seen the type before in Denerim, but not quite to this degree). Perhaps it was the cocky, confident smirk her wore, but Iauron took an instant liking to him. He would have to make an effort to have a conversation with him, later (which shouldn't be hard, considering they were riding next to each other).

The last member of their group was the burly elf at the back. For the longest time Iauron had mistaken him for a human, if just the tad-est short for a man that size, but he'd seen his ears when he'd fallen back to the rear, and Iauron had been fairly shocked. He'd never seen an elf that size, and half-elves didn't have ears quite that pointy. He'd looked back from the corner of his eye for some time, watching him whittle at a piece of wood like it was second nature, and concluded that he should most definitely speak to the man later, at camp at least.

In the time during his musings (the blond elf could get far too distracted in his thoughts), Fa'hallen was doing some observing of her own. The many two-leggeds with her seemed trustworthy enough to allow her master, her brother, her friend, to fight with, but her chest still puffed up with her personal sworn duty to protect him herself. However, even as she was mentally sizing up the tall creatures that the other two-leggeds rode ('horses' she knew Iauron called them), she didn't allow herself to become as lost as her thought-inclined rider. When a woman and her steed appeared in the rode before them (a stranger and, therefor, a threat), the halla halted, jerking Iauron slightly in his seat, though he didn't fall. She snorted out through her nose, wary.

Iauron looked up when he was jerked suddenly in his seat. He hadn't noticed the interruption, looking back at Marcus as he was. When he looked forward, though, he was a rather tall woman on a rather tall horse, blocking the road in front of them but making no move to attack or call out, or anything of the sort. He felt wariness creep into his muscles even as Sinjan called back for him to scout the area. He nodded curtly and, his bow held firmly in his hand, Fa'hallen dashed into the bushes with a single movement. She was much more at home in heavy forests than horses were. His sharp eyes began to take in every detail, looking for signs of other people.
Iauron
Iauron

Back to top Go down

Post  Royce Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:22 pm

Roy snorted out a chuckle. "Insufferable Whelp?" he laughed a bit. "You must have been talking to my sister. But that's far from the worst thing I've been called." he was amused by the name, it had to be someone proper enough not to call him an outright bastard or other such things.

"Yes sir," he teased, smiling cheek to cheek.

Royce was distracted when the woman cut through their trail, though that wasn't saying much as he seemed to always be distracted. He wasn't mad at himself for not noticing her at first, after all the woods were a strange and new place for him. Only having ever ventured through them during a hunting trip in his youth (which he had hated,) with his father. Give him the rowdy surroundings of a shady tavern any day of the week.

"How now, my hopefully harmless harrying honey. Pray tell us why you hinder our progress 'pon yon road?"

Worded a bit strangely, but basically what Royce would have said as well. A little flirting, then get down to the question, maybe add in a little sexual innuendo or a idle threat.

But he had his orders, hang back. Not that he would have gone head first into her bosom or the edge of her sword. There was a strange air to this woman, and he would processed with caution until he knew whether she was friend or foe.
Royce
Royce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guremi Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:49 pm

The group had stopped but still she waited, her mare staring at the men, horses and halla like it was waiting for a possible problem. Tempest stomped a front hoof but did nothing further as her lady contemplated the people before them.

One man with his halla took off into the woods, probably scouting or getting a good position for a possible attack. Guremi clucked her tongue and Tempest's eyes followed the rider. It seemed that the leader had given orders as two other men broke off from the group and came forward.

"How now, my hopefully harmless harrying honey. Pray tell us why you hinder our progress 'pon yon road?"

It seemed that these two were the spokes persons of the group and therefore required some form of acknowledgment. A careful view of the two gave her a good idea of how well these two were armed but guessed that the red head who had not spoken may have more concealed upon his body.

"It was not an intentional action, I can assure you ser." Guremi looked Marcus in the eyes, "I broke camp and came upon the road as your troop advanced. Leaving could have caused an issue and that is something best to be avoided whenever possible. So I waited to see who and what you were."

Her eyes flicked to Royce for a moment then back to Marcus, "And what pray tell of you gentlemen? You do not seem like highwaymen but not of a primarily civilian group either."
Guremi
Guremi

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:00 pm

Marcus was aware of Royce's presence beside him. He still felt uneasy around the human with the maroon hair. Still, he didn't let it show and kept his buffoonish facade up. He idly started carving into the block of wood he had been working on before they stopped to greet this lass. "I broke camp and came upon the road as your troop advanced. Leaving could have caused an issue and that is something best to be avoided whenever possible. So I waited to see who and what you were." the woman said and Marcus nodded, understanding the need for discretion in this part of Fereldan.

She seemed to be watching Marcus intently. He figured she saw Durbans slung across his back, a fine axe contrasting his own very simple attire. "And what pray tell of you gentlemen? You do not seem like highwaymen but not of a primarily civilian group either." Marcus offered a smile of reassurance. "Ah, well you see, we are not notorious negligent nimrods who nail travelers for nary more than a handful of string and possibly some coppers. Nay, we are just a group of well... I suppose you could say escorts of the Warden-Commander. But I myself am just an out of work Lumberjack and part time big damn hero." He smiled and bowed as he carved, not looking at the block of wood, but still carving something stunningly accurately without slicing himself. Clearly he had been working wood for a very long time to be so experienced.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:18 pm

Iauron found nothing but a campsite which looked as if only one person and a horse had spent their night there. It was cleaned up well with nothing left to disturb the wildlife showing that the person who had slept there took care to look out for the environment. The only other thing he found were signs of wolf tracks and some fur nearby.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dragonageafter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guremi Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:38 pm

"Ah, well you see, we are not notorious negligent nimrods who nail travelers for nary more than a handful of string and possibly some coppers. Nay, we are just a group of well... I suppose you could say escorts of the Warden-Commander. But I myself am just an out of work Lumberjack and part time big damn hero. "

Her eyes watched his as he spoke then shifted to check out each side for anything else around but keeping the two men in sight at the same time. Her head turned a slight bit as she considered his words.

"Grey Wardens? Is this a high ranking individual or 'the' highest ranking Warden in Fereldan? What nationality was this person again?"

It was a test to see what would be said. Guremi was careful and one part of being careful was to make sure that the ones you were near were being truthful. She lifted her head a slight bit and breathed deeply through her nose.
Guremi
Guremi

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:35 pm

Marcus waited for the curly-haired woman to reply. Eventually she did. "Grey Wardens? Is this a high ranking individual or 'the' highest ranking Warden in Fereldan? What nationality was this person again?" She asked. Marcus lifted an eyebrow, she didn't know what Gray Wardens were? How absurd. "Well, my vocal, voluptuous vixen, travelling behind us some hours would be the venerable Warden-Commander of Dwarven-kind, Nygozy. She single handedly slew the arch-demon with her own hands or so I am told." He smiled, staring off distantly as he spoke, still working on the carving while he did.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Iauron Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:51 pm

Iauron dismounted from Fa'hallen's back when he reached the abandoned campsite. After just a keen-eyed once-over, he could tell that there had only been one, at most two, people here, and it most likely belonged to the woman they'd met on the road. Fa'hallen sniffed around with her sensitive nose, hoping to catch anything that Iauron would be unable to, but all she was able to smell was the dirt and grass smell of the forest, and the musky sent of a wolf. Nothing that she could say was very strange at all. Iauron, keeping his sharp eyes on every minute detail with the attention of a skilled tracker, could see nothing of note, either. Besides the wolf tracks- which he would report to Sinjan simply for the reason that a wolf in the area might pose problems for setting up camp- there was nothing to be alarmed over.

With a motion to Fa'hallen, the silver halla bounded over to him, and he jumped lightly up, returning to his position on her bare back. Without needed to even signal her, she was off back through the forest at a slightly slower pace than before, and though he was no longer concerned, Iauron still kept an eye out on the way back to the group. It wouldn't do if something happened because he missed a sign here or there.

Finally coming through the bushes, Iauron glanced around to assess whatever he had missed. Royce and Marcus were still on their horses before the woman, and seemed to still be gathering her intentions. Fa'hallen quickly strode behind them to stand next to Sinjan's horse, Margaid's smaller horse-form standing bewildered next to the imposing stallion.

As Fa'hallen came up next to Sinjan, Iauron gave the leader a curt shake of his head. "I found nothing," he said in a normal tone, but quietly, not wanting the woman to hear what was being said (though perhaps he was being too cautions, as she must have seen him and Fa'hallen go into the woods, and she was a good distance from them, anyway). "Just the remains of a single-person camp. I found wolf tracks and a bit of fur, but I don't think that will be an issue until we set up camp." Fa'hallen nodded her head, as if her confirmation was needed, and he smiled at his companion, petting the side of her head in a familiar fashion.
Iauron
Iauron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinjan Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:31 pm

The other two seemed to be doing ok with the woman, speaking calmly with no one reacting violently. That was a good thing. It seemed like Royce was bored. Maybe the girl was not pretty enough for him. Whatever. But he watched carefully which made the arrival of Iauron and Fa'hallen a bit of a startling thing.

"I found nothing. Just the remains of a single-person camp. I found wolf tracks and a bit of fur, but I don't think that will be an issue until we set up camp."

"That is good. Good work, Ianto. Yes, and you too, Fa'hallen." He smiled, "Then we will keep a look out for wolves especially when we set up camp near the area the Tower is in. It seems like nothing bad is coming from the discussion up ahead either. I will give it another minute or two then we will go see who this newcomer is."
Sinjan
Sinjan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guremi Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:46 pm

"Well, my vocal, voluptuous vixen, travelling behind us some hours would be the venerable Warden-Commander of Dwarven-kind, Nygozy. She single handedly slew the arch-demon with her own hands or so I am told."

"You speak big." Guremi commented calmly, a slight smirk lilting at the edge of her lips for a moment, "That is a nice tale to tell; however, I do know the reality of all that happened and I received the information straight from one who was there. That does not make what the Hero did any less brave or amazing."

She turned her horse and looked directly at Marcus, "The name is Guremi Darslan. I work for King Theirin and wish to join your group as it is always of the King's interest to keep the Hero safe. His wishes are my duty."

"And you ser? What of the fluffy haired, quiet ser as well?" She indicated Royce with her chin.
Guremi
Guremi

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:37 pm

Marcus was enjoying his conversation with the woman. She had a witty air about her. "You speak big. That is a nice tale to tell; however, I do know the reality of all that happened and I received the information straight from one who was there. That does not make what the Hero did any less brave or amazing." She said, almost admiringly. Marcus shrugged. "I cannot convincingly say I have cornered a dragon and cut off its conniving cranium. Nor have I seen it done." He admitted.

"The name is Guremi Darslan. I work for King Theirin and wish to join your group as it is always of the King's interest to keep the Hero safe. His wishes are my duty."

"And you ser? What of the fluffy haired, quiet ser as well?"
She asked after introducing herself. Garoll now had a name to put to the face he spoke to, which suited him fine. He bowed low. "Mayhap you have heard of the mercenary called Durbans. That fellow be me. This currently speechless man aside me is called Royce I believe. And from what I gather, he's the type to sleep with anything with a pulse." He looked over at Royce and chuckled darkly. Poking fun was one way of relieving the tension of the the day's travel.

"Alas, lass, I lack the authority to induct you into our merry little band. You must speak to Ser Sinjan about that." He said, pointing a thumb back at Sinjan's direction. He then tossed the carving he was working on to Guremi, it was a perfect replica of her face, almost lifelike.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Royce Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:56 am

Roy had been day dreaming, and he missed much of the conversation around him. His mind was in a happier place, thinking of all the things he could to do to the woman in front of them. Of course his happy day dream face wasn't one to betray his thoughts so he looks more bored. At least he wasn't a drooling fool. But how could his thoughts no go there when there were so many beautiful creatures around him? Sure he was an easy lay, but he wasn't going to just settle for less than he could get. After all; he knew he was handsome and well breed, and perhaps that made him spoiled in his catches.

"What of the fluffy haired, quiet ser as well?"

"Fluffy haired?" his brows furrowed in confusion. Was that a bad thing? "I happen to have gorgeous locks," he chuckles, shaking out his head while running a hand through said red tresses.

His playful nature showed through as he smiled to the woman, bowing as best he could from his saddle. "My name fair one, is Royce Alfstanna." he said looking straight into her eyes. "But you may call me Roy." usually he said may but he really did want people to stop calling him by his full name. Only his sister did that. And she was rather scary when she had reason to talk to him. "Not another bar fight Royce!" she would say in what could be the most pissed off tone anyone ever had in the history of the whole world.

"I do hope this brute of a man has not been treating you poorly." He smiled, both to Durban and then to Guremi. He may have been day dreaming, but he was experienced enough in that he could pick up most important words of the conversation. After all, he did ignore his sister and teachers most of the time.

Dismounting Roy pet his nameless white mare and stride over to Guremi. He stood next to her, atop her quarter horse, and smiled charmingly. He was tall, not strangly so for a human but taller than average, and he stood at ease next to her horse. His hand instinctively found hers, and he held it in his hand after giving her a light kiss on her knuckles. And then he looked straight up at her, his eyes locked onto hers. "My dear, you have the most beautiful eyes." he said smoothly.
Royce
Royce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guremi Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:32 pm

"I cannot convincingly say I have cornered a dragon and cut off its conniving cranium. Nor have I seen it done."

At least the man was willing to say when he had not seen or done anything. His talk could be exuberant when it came to reporting actual deeds but the happenings likely occurred even if they were embellished. In defense to this theory was that Guremi knew that Nygozy had killed the Arch Demon so that gave weight to anything else this strange Elf said even if he did liven the words up a bit.

"Mayhap you have heard of the mercenary called Durbans. That fellow be me. This currently speechless man aside me is called Royce I believe. And from what I gather, he's the type to sleep with anything with a pulse."

Tempest moved sidways a bit due to slight pressure to the horse's side so that the woman could take a closer look at the man named Durbans, "The Axeman?" She chuckled as she moved her head in an amused, half shake, "A large Elf, almost the size of a Human with a taste for cutting down trees and those who trod upon the weak. Aye, I know of you, ser. And Royce ..." She turned her head to look at the other man to help jog her memory of any she knew the names of.

"Alas, lass, I lack the authority to induct you into our merry little band. You must speak to Ser Sinjan about that."

"Fluffy haired? I happen to have gorgeous locks,"

"Yes, they are gorgeous, fluffy locks. Just because one is fluffy does not make them unpalatable to the eye." She smirked, a hidden meaning dancing in her eyes.

"My name fair one, is Royce Alfstanna. "I do hope this brute of a man has not been treating you poorly."

Her mind played with the name in consideration of the whereabouts of it's origin as she watched the handsome man dismount, come over to her horse and take her hand to give it a kiss on the knuckles. She smiled lightly as he spoke and her memory clicked home.

"My dear, you have the most beautiful eyes."

"Ah yes. Ser Alfstanna, the youngest." She nodded with a slight smirk, amused by the fact that this man had joined this group. What reason there was for this she could only guess, "Your reputation also precedes you, Roy."

She looked towards the others, "If it is Ser Sinjan we need to speak with then let us avail of his time."
Guremi
Guremi

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:12 am

Marcus was enjoying this discussion with Royce and Guremi. They had been playing word games and Marcus usually won those with his faux eloquence. He daren't reveal his true nature to them yet, as he didn't know them well enough. But they were good for a laugh, for sure. "A large Elf, almost the size of a Human with a taste for cutting down trees and those who trod upon the weak. Aye, I know of you, ser. And Royce ..." Guremi described Marcus pretty well there. It almost surprised him that his reputation preceded him for a change. She must have known about Lothering and how Marcus helped evacuate most of the townspeople before the Darkspawn came.

A small bit of banter exchanged between Royce and Guremi, mostly the noble working his charm on her. To Marcus, it seemed to be working but he also pondered which cookie jar (besides his own) does Royce not have a hand in. Lithawen flashed across his mind's eye and he shuddered, but grinned at the same time. The mage would probably have taken the noble's head right off for trying.

Marcus snapped back to reality when the playful banter ended. "If it is Ser Sinjan we need to speak with then let us avail of his time." To this he nodded and grinned that boyish grin of his with the hidden cunning behind his eyes. "Then allow us to escort you t'ward our lovelorn leader." Marcus said before turning his horse around and started towards Sinjan. Marcus had guessed the boy was saddened that he wasn't travelling with Lithawen, but it was none of the Axeman's business. "Here is our highwaywoman, Ser. And she's a beauty." He chuckled and sat back in the saddle, folding his hands behind his head as if relaxing.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Lithawen Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:38 pm

Royce continued to smile to Guremi, and laughed at her mention of his reputation. "Nothing too bad was said, I hope." he chuckled warmly. And with that he moved back to his nameless mare.

Perhaps it would be a good time to name her. She probably already had a name, though of course Roy was hardly one for caring about a name given by a stable boy (unless said stable boy was a looker of course). "I know!" he nearly yelled, throwing his arms around the mare's neck and nuzzling his nose into her soft white fur and main. "I'm gonna call you Fluffy."

With ease, Roy hoisted himself up to Fluffy's back, and smiled brightly. Proud of himself for the not so clever naming of his horse. Of course she deserved a majestic name, she was pretty and a fine mare. But Royce was far from clever on a whim. Given a couple of hours to plan, yeah maybe something brillant may come from that knuckle head of his, but it was more likely to only be just clever.
Lithawen
Lithawen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinjan Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:04 pm

Sinjan waited calmly as the others spoke then came towards them. He was usually not as patient as some but he had been trained in the militia so he was not too bad at it.

"Here is our highwaywoman, Ser. And she's a beauty."

He looked at the woman, giving her a quick smile, "I take it that you have been thorough in your discussion?" He asked Marcus, playing the leader to the fullest since this woman seemed to be a true military person.

The half-elf looked at Royce for a moment wondering what that man thought of everything.

Sinjan
Sinjan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next