Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Beginnings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Beginnings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Beginnings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Beginnings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Beginnings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Beginnings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Beginnings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Beginnings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Beginnings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Beginnings

+5
Calliara
Lithawen
Dragonis
Drake
Nygozy
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Beginnings - Page 2 Empty Re: Beginnings

Post  Caterina Sun May 23, 2010 10:32 pm

Caterina smiled, snapping to a comical attention, saluting Nygozy. "Got it, Nyggy ma'am. One campfire, coming right up." She clapped her hands together with a smile to herself, and turned to walk towards the side of camp where the firewood was stored. She picked the driest pieces from the bunch, and carried them over to the fire pit in two trips (one of the logs heavy enough that she needed to carry it on its own). She arranged them in a pile, stuffing a few leaves towards the bottom to help the fire go, but not so many that it would create too much smoke. Not only was it bad from a tactical standpoint (a smoking fire could be used to pinpoint the camp from hundreds of feet away), but it was also bad for cooking food, unless you wanted your venison tasting like ashy bark.

As she prepared the fire, keeping the small flame going so that it would grow, she tilted her head back from her crouching position to listen to the others. She frowned at the human man- Bowen's- sad tale, and turned back to the fire for a moment, allowing him some time to let the story pass. Then, the other, younger man, asked awkwardly if he should cut the vegetables, and (as insensitive as it might have seemed) she could help a small chuckle, and then she was doubled over, her shoulders shaking as she tried to keep her laughter in. Really, though. Such an inopportunely timed comment, said in such a way, seemed hilarious to her.

To try and distract herself, she tried to answer Nygozy's questions. Her voice was still shaking slightly from her humor, but she tried her best to conceal it. "There's nothing much to know about me, Nygozy. I'm really just fabulous little me, with very little else to go with it. Life in Antiva is much the same for everyone, I suspect. Mine life just got a surprise twist near the end."
Caterina
Caterina

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Mon May 24, 2010 12:19 am

"Good. Then my lack of culinary skill won't keep me from staying on. I couldn't say the same about the Templars. Whenever it was my turn to cook, I swear they all threatened to have me thrown out of the Order. Excommunicated, even. Cutting vegetables, however, is something I think I can do. You'll just have to mind the bits of finger in the carrots- there's a chance that I 'miss' a few cuts, if you know what I mean. Then again, I hear that they make good flavoring."

"Finger shavings usually cook off into tasty little crumbles." She joked with a grin, "It takes a fair amount to really get enough to make it matter though. Don't worry. I will avoid giving you cooking chores. There are others here who really do suck at cooking as well. In time I will find what you are best at and work with those skills."

Bowen's story kept her captivated even as she caught chirps from birds and the speech from other animals. She also noticed Caterina doing well at making the fire.

The tale made her think of how it was a sad state of affairs when too many stories she heard hit home in this manner. Many people would become jaded and lose their sense of care hearing too much of this but Nygozy still felt the pang of empathy, a pain which would never fully leave. Too much happened to so many and it could not be made right. She watched him, not keeping the sadness from her eyes.

"It is a sordid tale. I cannot say it is new to hear of events such as these but I do feel wearied by it. So much damage to people and on their lives. I feel for you and am sorry that it had happened at all."

Nygozy looked to the Human lass and nodded at her as she spoke.

"There's nothing much to know about me, Nygozy. I'm really just fabulous little me, with very little else to go with it. Life in Antiva is much the same for everyone, I suspect. Mine life just got a surprise twist near the end."

"Surprise twist?" She tilted her head curiously, "Please go on. It sounds interesting."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowen Mon May 24, 2010 4:13 am

"Impressive. That thing looked heavy"

Bowen smirked playfully. ''Being observed by two lovely ladies as you both make a man stronger...''

After telling his story, he looked calmly at Nygozy, still with a gentle smile and not offended by Ianto or Caterina.

''Worry not. But I give you my thanks. Anyway, this poor thing is done. May I help you with something else?''

Fenrir barked happily, chewing Ianto's boot. The little puppy felt happy with so many people petting him and talking to him, and that meant he was going to have more noms!

Bowen smiled at Ianto. ''That little scoundrel decided in Denerim he wanted to come with us. Calliara is his mommy, and I am the pillow and the one who spoils him while she tries to educate him properly. It's an embarrassing thing to admit, but I melt when he looks at me with those sad, big puppy eyes''. He chuckled, not looking embarrassed at all, and stroked gently the pup's little ears. Fenrir barked again, waving his little tail.
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Tue May 25, 2010 9:44 pm

Bowen Pentaghast wrote:
''Worry not. But I give you my thanks. Anyway, this poor thing is done. May I help you with something else?''

Bowen smiled at Ianto. ''That little scoundrel decided in Denerim he wanted to come with us. Calliara is his mommy, and I am the pillow and the one who spoils him while she tries to educate him properly. It's an embarrassing thing to admit, but I melt when he looks at me with those sad, big puppy eyes''. He chuckled, not looking embarrassed at all, and stroked gently the pup's little ears. Fenrir barked again, waving his little tail.

Nygozy laughed as Fenrir chewed on Ianto's boots and got the meal ready for consumption when she heard the chatter of some birds. That was interesting. She stood and walked to the center of camp, not making much note of the others. The first thing she saw come from the forest was a dark Elven woman on a bay horse who did not look like she was suited to the woods at all and by the way she rode was not a rider either.

One thing caught her eye though. There was a pack with the colours of the King among the saddlebags. She choked, looking down for the moment to get her composure. It was a messenger from him.

"Hello? Would you happen to be Nygozy the Hero of Fereldan?"

She gave a slight dip of her head, "Yes. I am at that. Bowen, Ianto, Caterina ... if you don't mind I have business to attend to." The woman tried to look calm, keeping most of her feelings from her face but some sadness was still evident.

((Bowen, Ianto, Caterina - to https://dragonageafter.forumotion.com/dragon-rest-f8/supper-time-day-one-t40.htm#145))

Nygozy moved quickly going over to the woman and directing her towards a path.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum