Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Beginnings I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Beginnings I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Beginnings I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Beginnings I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Beginnings I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Beginnings I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Beginnings I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Beginnings I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Beginnings I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Beginnings

+5
Calliara
Lithawen
Dragonis
Drake
Nygozy
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Beginnings Empty Beginnings

Post  Nygozy Thu May 20, 2010 10:13 pm

The Dwarf sat on her heels close to the edge of a mountain face, gazing down at the world below with a distinctive frown. She was a head shorter than most Dwarves with twined black hair and hardened hazel eyes from what she'd had to do in the months behind them.

The arch demon was dead, that was true, but so many more things would be happening in this world which they would have to deal with. Darkspawn were still evident upon the landscape and even though they were scattered no one could guess as to how wide spread they were. It was horrific to see what they could do even now without an arch demon to control them.

But there was more and Nygozy knew only too well that further strife was upon the horizon.

"There is so much going on, my friend." She said without moving, as if a bird had given her notice that someone was there. This probably was so as the ranger spoke with animals and many were about, watching with keen interest upon the landscape, "What have you? If there is anyone let them speak."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Beginnings Empty Re: Beginnings

Post  Drake Thu May 20, 2010 10:19 pm

A hand touched the Dwarf's shoulder as the man connected to it knelt beside her, "You know too easily my friend. Travelers. I shall go see what there is to see."

The human did not wait for her answer as he strode away, knowing full well she would not be far behind. He skirted the bushy areas on the mountain side and came down along the path and into their temporary camp where he met the first of those who may be of help.

"Hello." He said, standing calmly before the entrance to the camp, "You are new to the area. May I inquire upon your name?"
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Thu May 20, 2010 10:50 pm

Marcus was enjoying a brisk walk through the woods until he came upon a camp. Curious, he investigated, but found it populated by at least two people. His elven ears picked up the sounds of others arriving with him and he smiled reassuringly to the man who greeted him. "Greetings!" He grinned, green eyes dancing in the reflection of the campfire nearby. "I seem to have lost my way in these woods, and your camp does seem inviting. I am called Durbans." He gave his mercenary name, not quite knowing whether or not to trust these people, but put on a jovial persona anyway.

He was of average height for an elf, but he was muscular, which was interesting. On his back was strapped a magnificent looking axe, that glittered in the light, its sweeping crests looked dangerous indeed.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Lithawen Thu May 20, 2010 11:22 pm

It was dreary. It was always dreary in Freleden. The cold air seemed to be a constant occurrence, no matter the time of the year. The cold pissed Lithawen off. Why did it have to be the only temperature that bit at your very core? Heat you could survive. It never got hot enough to kill anyone. But the same could not be said for the chilly nights on the Frostback Mountains. Nasty plots of burning the whole damn forest flickered across the angry elf's mind as she snuggled in tightly into her bear fur cloak.

Arlathan was walking at a relaxed pace. He could feel that his rider wasn't properly holding on, bare back as he was. It had been a long journey for him as well. Their warmer home was so much farther away than their new home will be. This new place smelled of the small yapping creatures.

Lithawen looked down at her horse. Truly a grand beast. His buckskin coat was groomed to a shine, and his black mane neatly braided. Stupid stable boys. Always going over board with the damn horses. She preferred it when he looked rougher, when his coat shined from natural means rather than a brush, and his mane flowed down his neck framing his lithe but muscular body. He was her horse. And odd animal for a Dalish to ride. But over the last three years she's trained him well, and although his intelligence wasn't that of a Halla's, he was clever and a quick learner. And even became a bit protective of his owner. A smile tugged at the edge of Lithawen's mouth as she thought of this, only things she could count on were animals. A little pathetic. Though their loyalty was true.

"Oh thank the Creators!" She cried exasperatedly as Arlathan walked into the warm glow of the camp's fire. Dismounting her horse and leaving behind her cloak as she walked with purpose, fully into the light. She looked hard at the people around. "I am the Orlesian Warden." she said. "Who's in charge here?" her face was hard, no annoyance only business on her mind.

Last edited by Lithawen Bein'Nor on Fri May 21, 2010 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lithawen
Lithawen

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Fri May 21, 2010 2:23 pm

So as you shiver in the cold and the dark,

Look into the fire and seen in its spark

My eye

Watching over you...

Even in the cold, she was in her element. Being born in the Frostback Mountains was an advantage when you had to live and travel in a country as cold as Ferelden, and she was almost happy to feel again the cold wind in her face.

As you walk in the wind's whistling claws,

Listen past the howling wolf's jaws.

My song

Comes to you...

Her white mare, Assan, neighed happily as the Dalish stroked her mane, which was as white as the elf's own hair was. Calliara Mahariel and her companion had travelled for a long, long time and for many, many miles to arrive there. She'd been sad, depressed, since they both knew about what happened in Ostagar, about all their dead brothers, about Duncan... but at least he died the way he wanted, fighting until the very end, and not slained in the Deep Roads with her beside him. Calliara promised him, before they left for Weisshaupt, that if something happened before they were back, she would move on and continue her life. It was going to be hard, as she still missed him deeply, but she had promised, and she still was young.

Still lost in her thoughts, she continued singing softly for the wind and the cold and her companion, feeling sometimes his gentle and reassuring touch when Bowen touched her hand.

And when you're lost in trackless snow,

Look up high where the eagles go.

My star

Shines for you...
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowen Fri May 21, 2010 2:54 pm

Bowen was enjoying Calliara's voice as always. Traveling with a beautiful bard was always a nice thing, and when this bard happened to be his 'little sister' was nicer. Wait... that sounded wrong. Anyway.

Both of them were tired from their long journey, but he felt they were arriving to their destiny. More Wardens. The Warden that defeated the Archdemon, practically alone, and the one who raised an army. Both of them were anxious to meet her and join her files to rebuild the Order in Ferelden. Most of all, Bowen was anxious of being with people, with people that could understand what was like being a Grey Warden, as he knew Calliara was as well. Mostly Calliara, he thought, combing his long blonde hair, with an amused spark in his deep green eyes. He absolutely had to find another man for her, of course. That was what older brothers did for their little sisters. Smiling, he touched her hand gently, just to let her know that he was listening.

In deep, dark mine or on crumbling peak,

Hear the words of love I speak.

My thoughts

Are with you...

The little mabari puppy that he was holding in his lap while riding his black stallion, Goliath, barked happily hearing her singing. Wrapping the little Fenrir better with his green cloak, Bowen laughed.

''Calli, it seems that Fenrir approves your song... and approves that we're almost there. A fire, food and a warm place to rest would be a good change for once...''

And so they saw that they weren't the only ones arriving. Calliara lifted an eyebrow, letting her hood fall down and her white mane fall around her shoulders until her mid back. And Bowen could not supress a big grin when he noticed the interested spark in her ice blue eyes when she saw the human standing there, receiving the newcomers.

''Greetings. I am Bowen Pentaghast, Grey Warden from Ferelden. My lovely sister is Calliara Mahariel, Grey Warden as well. We've just arrived after a long tiring journey from Weisshaupt''

Last edited by Bowen Pentaghast on Sun May 23, 2010 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Caterina Fri May 21, 2010 5:07 pm

Caterina had been in Ferelden for a whopping one week and she was already sick of it. It was cold, and even though Antiva smelled worse by far, Ferelden had a different smell that she didn't like. It smelled like wet dog and wood. She missed the smell of leather and the faint copper of dried blood that pervaded the run down streets, and the almost disturbingly clean smell of the richer sections. Mostly, though, it was the cold that annoyed her. Antiva was warm almost all year round, and she wasn't used to the cold. Once, she had stolen a coat from a rich lady that would have been perfect, but since becoming a Grey Warden, she had given up all of her stolen goods in an attempt to 'reform' her thieving ways.

Still, if she was doing good for this country, she'd stay, despite the smell and chill. She was used to roughing it, and it would take a lot more than this to sway her once she'd made a decision. In fact, despite her misgivings, she was almost excited to see what this new country would bring her. She'd always wanted to travel- all of the orphan kids dreamed of leaving their caves- and some cold weather wasn't enough to throw her off that dream.

Now, she was riding through a dense forest (the likes of which Antiva did not have) on her horse, Bosco, an elegant but strong gelding of almost pure black, except for a patch of white on his forehead and two white socks on his hind legs. They'd been traveling for a while, and his forelock hung low over his eyes, he in a similar state of disarray as she. He was a good horse, she thought with a fond smile, hanging low over his neck to give him a pat. He wasn't the... smartest of horses (more so, he enjoyed playing around more than a grown horse should), but he was almost frighteningly efficient in a battle, and wasn't given to being spooked. Luckily, she had gotten into few fights while on his back, and she was glad for it. She liked to keep him safe. He was a good companion, though, and they kept each other happy, and that was all that mattered to her.

She could see his ears perk up, now, and she turned her attention forward. Narrowing her eyes, she could see a faint glow of a fire in the distance, and the sound of voices. That was nice, she thought with a smile. Fire. And, what were the chances of running into a camp here, if not the camp which she was supposed to be meeting? The promise of a warm fire and, possibly, food spurred her and Bosco forward, and soon enough, they were treading carefully at the edge of camp. She glanced around, looking at everyone around her, and jumped down from Bosco's tall back, leading him in on foot as she introduced herself to anyone who would hear.

"Greetings," she said with a half-cocked smile. "I am Caterina Caelestis. I am the Warden from Antiva. I believe I should be expected." She spoke mostly to the attractive human man who'd addressed the group that seemed to have arrived just before her, but she said it loud enough that all could hear. No need to be secretive in a camp like this.
Caterina
Caterina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinjan Fri May 21, 2010 9:43 pm

There was another man sifting the wood in the fire to put more in. His red ponytail swished when he turned his head to watch Drake go to the edge of camp to greet all of the newcomers. His deep green eyes followed the movement of others coming towards them through the forest and he stood, turning calmly to see what people these would be.

He was five foot ten with a strong body, a medium build and was wearing a two toned gray chainmail outfit. A large longsword was hung on his back inside it's sheath in an exact position in which he could reach it. This man stood like anyone used to being in a military function with a simple, interested expression on his face.

The first person came forward, an Elven man with a large axe.

"Greetings! I seem to have lost my way in these woods, and your camp does seem inviting. I am called Durbans."

Now that caught his attention as this camp had been chosen by their leader for the sheer reason it had been well out of the way of more traveled locales. This man must have been lost to have stumbled this far into the reaches of the mountain ranges. Or he could well be a spy or something else. There was no reason to be too concerned as of yet but you never knew.

"Oh thank the Creators! I am the Orlesian Warden. Who's in charge here?"

Now there was an interesting lady who seemed either tough or just pushy. Maybe both. He took note of her and smirked quietly, looking her over with interest. He certainly did not mind another pretty woman in camp.

Music came to his ears and he adjusted his hair over one then looked past the lovely Elven maiden before him to see two others coming forward on horses. The song was sung in a sweet tone that made him pleased. A bard. It had been a while since one graced their camp. Music would be a definite treat.

'Greetings. I am Bowen Pentaghast, Grey Warden from Ferelden. My lovely sister is Calliara Mahariel, Grey Warden as well. We've just arrived after a long tiring journey from Weisshaupt''

A human calling an Elven woman his sister. That was different but not as different as it could be. He was sure there was a good tale to come from that and he was curious but still there was another come to the camp.

"Greetings, I am Caterina Caelestis. I am the Warden from Antiva. I believe I should be expected."

He'd heard there would be at least one from Antiva. The latest Fereldan hero did not keep a lot of secrets and if she did they would never know about it, or even try to intrude to find out.

His curiosity in all these people was great but he kept his tongue knowing their little leader was on her way.
Sinjan
Sinjan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sat May 22, 2010 1:11 am

Leaves rustled in the wind and caressed the Dwarf's brow as she stood just out of sight of the newcomers so that she could assess them before entering the area to speak with them. She listened carefully, a brown frame between her and them, shading her from sight as her hand touched short fur on muscled shoulders.

Her eyes went from one person to the next, assessing their frames, body movements and words. She even chirped to the birds to get their assessments of the people who had come to the camp. She smirked as she heard music, clearly appreciating that a bard would be part of their company but also sad of the loss of Leliana having left to go back to Orlais.

Four elves and a human, a lost individual and four wardens. That was an interesting combination and more would come soon. The forseer had told her this and she had no reason to disbelieve that.

What it all meant was beyond the Dwarf but that would come in time. Now was the time to meet those who were there.

"Come Torture." It was only a whisper but the dog moved first at her slight nudge and she followed. The first thing the new people would see was the large face of the mabari, an animal who most assuredly had been through fights alongside his mistress as the scarring across his frame could prove. It was an imposing sight as he strode along then sat and following that lay down so the new people could see Nygozy clearly.

"I see that the forces at Weisshapt was not exaggerating when they said they would send people soon." She looked at everyone calmly as if she were just seeing them now, "Nygozy is my name. Some call me Ny, Nyggy, Gozee ... it doesn't really matter. I'm a warden like four of you are and yes I am a bit small to have faced an arch demon. I didn't do it alone. Wardens have been sent here because there is more to do which means we are rebuilding but it will take time."

She looked about at them, one by one, her eyes taking each in, "These are my associates, Drake, Sinjan and Torture. Any questions from the wardens or our visitor?" She indicated each man and the dog in turn then nodded to Durbans at the last.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sat May 22, 2010 8:11 am

Calliara smiled softly, bowing her head a litte, Bowen did the same at the same time.

''I must say we are not Weisshaupt Wardens, Nygozy. Duncan sent us there to deliver a message before the Blight began. We are Ferelden Wardens, and we are returning to our task, and helping to rebuild our Order. And of course, kill darkspawn''

Bowen nodded, looking at the mabari hound with a big smile, and lifted his own four-month-old mabari puppy.

'I forgot to introduce our little friend, Fenrir. When we stayed in Denerim he decided he wanted to come with us''

''That's not true''. Calliara sighed, looking at him seriously. ''Be honest and say that you pet him and fed him until he only wanted to be with us, and the dog breeder had to give him to us because he couldn't sell him to anyone''

Fenrir barked happily, waving his short tail, and Bowen dismounted to leave him in the ground. The puppy trotted to sniff the bigger mabari while the Warden gently helped Calliara to dismount as well. The Dalish smiled at him and then at the others. Bowen noticed that she was trying to make eye contact with the human male that caught her interest at first, and smiled for himself.

''I only have one question. When do we start?''

Last edited by Calliara Mahariel on Sat May 22, 2010 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Caterina Sat May 22, 2010 11:08 am

Caterina couldn't help but blink, surprised, at the small (even for a Dwarf) woman who was said to have killed the Arch Demon, an honor that any Grey Warden would praise her until the end of her days for. Caterina had to admit that she was impressed, and even the admission that she had help didn't sway her growing opinion of the dwarf Nygozy. She decided that, at the moment, she was very glad to be in this camp. If she was going to pick up tips from anyone, it would be her pleasure and her privileged to learn from a dragon-slayer (despite the job description, few Wardens outside of Anderfels (and now Ferelden) ever saw much action).

She finally turned her attention from Nygozy and looked at her companions briefly. She's introduced them as Drake, Sinjan, and Torture- two rather handsome men, and a proud, scarred mabari. Unlike most visitors to Ferelden, Caterina rather liked the mabari breed. It was strong and intelligent, and Caterina simply liked dogs in general. Her admiration of the dog led her to follow the path of a young puppy, which ran up to Torture to sniff at it excitedly. She smiled at it, and looked back to see where it had come from.

It seemed to have run from where a man and an elf had just dismounted from their horses. The elf was beautiful, with snow white hair not unlike Caterina's own, though the elf's was a shade or so lighter. Next to her was a slightly older looking man, strong- the kind of rugged handsome that Caterina liked, but it was too early to tell personalities. In any case, they said they were from Weisshaupt, or at least, they'd been sent from Weisshaupt, though the elf- Calliara if she remembered correctly- said that they were originally from Ferelden. Lucky them, getting out before the attack on Ostagar. Even in Antiva, they had heard of that disaster.

She allowed her attention to drift to the two others who had spoken. There was a small, blond elf, who looked rather cute, in Caterina's opinion. She had a small affinity for cute things. She especially liked her long hair. The other was a man which she almost mistook for human until she noticed his ears. She'd never seen an elf quite that muscular.

All in all, a rather interesting group of people. Caterina was now doubly glad that she had come.

A moment later she was dragged out of her personal musings when the dwarf asked if they had any questions, and the white-haired elf simply replied, "When do we start?" Caterina smiled to herself, and nodded. "That's all I need to know," she agreed, looking back at the dwarf.
Caterina
Caterina

Back to top Go down

Post  Lithawen Sat May 22, 2010 12:33 pm

Lithawen's two toned green eyes scanned the group. The women she had seen so far would be easy to take on, should a fight ever brake out between herself and the others. The white haired elf, a bard, as long as she struck first or even covered her ears the songs wouldn't get to her. Being in a city of travel she had seen many different types of warriors, mages, and rogues. And bards were among her least favorite. Useless in combat, their songs did little against the enemies and little for allies (In her opinion).

The Tan woman. Antivan. You could tell by the smell. The smells of Antiva were vial at best. The leather production left the city feeling dirty, grimy, sticky, over-all unpleasant. The woman wasn't a warrior, her body didn't have the muscles required for such a profession. A rogue, not as skinny and weak as normal mages. A rogue from Antiva was sure to be an assassin type, regardless of if they had been in the crows or not. And this woman was a human, but a Warden as well. The order took help where ever they could get it. Shame they had to settle for common thieves who probably had no skills outside of petty cut-purse crimes.

Now to the last women. The hero of Ferelden. Slayer of Arch Demons and all that. Shorter than she had expected. And a Durgen’len no less. The Keeper had never been to Orzammar, but she had met Durgen’len who had just come to the surface. Their people were known to be bad-mouthed, dunkid, short-tempered. This dwarf must have had an army behind her to defeat the Arch Demon.

For a split second Lithawen wondered if Riordan had made it to Denerim. She had not heard news of him since their group decided it was best just to send one of their own into Freleden, when they were stopped at the border during the blight. But perhaps it was best that she didn't know his fate. This woman, this warden was still alive. Perhaps Riordan was the one who took the killing blow. Or perhaps another Warden. Either way, he died in the way all Warden's seek to die; fighting Darkspawn and protecting the land from the Arch Demon.

Now the men in the group. With a sigh Lithawen flicked her long hair over her shoulders and crossed her arms over her chest. Four men. One elf among them, and he was a worthless wonderer who just happened upon them. He had the body and muscles to say he was a warrior, and carried an Axe. And lumbering idiot could swing an axe.

The man who rode in with the other elf maiden. He looked old, though it maybe that his body is betraying his age. A warrior as well. The mage didn't know what to make of him just yet. A Warden yes. And that meant he was at least a bit more useful than the other non-Wardens. But there was something she didn't like about him, and she couldn't put her finger on it. It wasn't just that she didn't like or respect men either.

The last two. Companions of the Durgen’len it seemed, as they were there before everyone else. Small and fail in the Arcane Warrior's eyes. The red-head had been smirking at her, and Lithawen glared at him in return when she caught his eyes. A young man, probaly didn't have any world experience what so ever. An average human. No surprise there as humans were very average. He would be good as a meat shield at least. Throw him in first to buy some time.

And the last one. A slim but muscular man. Another mystery it seems, as his face didn't hold much clues to what he was thinking. If he proved himself to be as useless as everyone else in this camp, he could be used as another meat shield.

Useless, all of them. She thought with a scowl. It seems that I am the only one fully capable here. What a burden that puts on me.

"As I said. I am the Orlesian Grey Warden. My sword is your's though you have to prove you are worthy of my magic." Lithawen said, staring at Nygozy. She pulled Elendil from her back, the red steel coming to life as orange tendrils of heat licked it's length (perverted sentence is PERVERTED). Lithawen drove her sword into the ground in front of her. In bedding it a good few feet in the ground. And with that she turned on the balls of her feet, as if in a dancing motion, and moved back to Arlathan.

The horse snorted as it sniffed around camp. These people were strange and new. Some smelt of sulfur, others smelt of rain, and there were a few who smelt like his rider. And odd mix of what a the two legged things should smell like and what the evil things smelled of. A smell he had grown us to over the past year. The buckskin shook out his black man once his precious rider removed her cloak and single bag from his back. A relief. And he moved away from the group of two legged things and towards a grass patch, fully intending to roll around in it to cool off.

Lithawen watched as her horse moved away from her. As he started to roll around she turned back to the group, her cloak slung over her shoulders and her bag's draw string wrapped around her arm. How far would she have to sleep away from camp to keep herself sane?
Lithawen
Lithawen

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Sat May 22, 2010 7:04 pm

Marcus soon discovered those who were invited to this camp whereas he was not. It had put him in a bit of an awkward spot, but he rolled with it, shrugging his shoulders. He examined each. Everyone of them were Wardens, which made him edgy, the hairs at the back of his neck were standing on end, but he maintained an air of aloofness. His greatest asset was whenever people thought of him as a babbling idiot when he was really examining and planning. "You see, I seem to have had too much to drink one night and had a wrestling match with a Darkspawn... a match with which he lost on account of me snapping his neck, on account of him trying to fillet me with a rather nasty looking knife... He wasn't much of a by-the-book wrestler as it were." He babbled, grinning like an idiot, but there was a keen intellect behind those green eyes of his. He lifted an eyebrow at the incredulous looks around him. "Don't believe me, do you? Well, here's your proof, my good fellows." He tossed a burlap sack onto the ground, it landed with a thud and out rolled the head of a Genlock.

Smiling impishly, he placed his hands behind his head, clasping the fingers together. "Mm, and you should have seen his friends. They didn't take kindly to their mate getting whacked by an Elf. No sir. It were four of them, big guys. I hacked the leg offa one with Durbans here on me back, and cut clean up the torso from the groin on another. The other two were clever, trying to do me in with arrows and the like, but I were faster than they, and dispatched them in a way that would give you nightmares so I will not say." He smiled a little wider.

"At any rate, you've a quaint little camp here, and I wonder if'n you'll have me along for a while? I could use a good rest."
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sat May 22, 2010 7:31 pm

Drake did not look like he was paying attention to anything that was going on. In fact his head was tilted a bit as if he were contemplating the sky more than the people who were there but his eyes were constantly on the move and he had angled himself just so in such a way he could see everyone and assess everything.

Once all was said and the strange Durbans had spoken, chocolate sights turned to the Elven maiden name Calliara who was watching him intently. It amused him but he showed no signs of it as he spoke, "Where you are from matters not, miss Calliara Mahariel." He nodded politely, "Nygozy had been informed by Weisshapt that they would send wardens from wherever they could to aid us. I am glad to see that they did as they promised."

His attention was taken for a moment by the puppy, Fenrir whom had gotten between Torture's paws and untrue to his name the elder dog nudged and licked the hapless youth. He smirked then looked back at the others, waiting for his leader to speak again.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sat May 22, 2010 8:30 pm

Nygozy was not like her friend who did not show emotion very readily. She smiled calmly even during Lithawen's sticking of the sword into the ground. Their expressions were interesting and she took some time to get a better impression of each person. It was one of the ways she had been able to get through life. Listen, learn then react.

"As Drake said, Weisshapt informed us that assistance would be requested from the other warden locations. This was due to the King's assurance that Fereldan is now completely open to the Gray Wardens."

She glanced away for a moment when she mentioned the King but only for a moment then looked over to Bowen, "Fenrir is welcome here as well but do not expect Torture to give him up so easily. He is likely to train the pup just as much as you while you are out on missions and whenever he gets a chance." A smile returned at the thought.

Caterina's and Calliara's statements of when they start did not even give her pause as she waited for Durbans to stop rambling on, "You have a star shining upon you, Durbans, since they did not send their Darkspawn skunks after you. That group must have been without a nest of them. Lucky you. You are welcome as long as you wish to kill Darkspawn and can handle my rule."

"So it is, Orlesian warden?" She stepped forward, looking at the sword calmly. Torture growled as he watched then licked the pup, "You have yet to give me your name but that is hardly an issue at the moment. As to the question of when to start, that is now. We will have working time and time to rest but we need to get our gear set up so we can hold this location until further individuals and or groups show."

Nygozy rolled her shoulders and nodded, "Drake." She didn't even have to look to see him nod, "You will go with Calliara and Durbans to the market outside of Orzammar. Get extra supplies."

((Calli and Durbans to here - https://dragonageafter.forumotion.com/dragon-tales-f2/off-to-market-outside-orzammar-t17.htm#33))

After a moment's pause to look at each of the three she continued on, "Bowen you and Fenrir are with me to help me cook."

Her head turned slightly to look at Lithawen, "You, Orlesian warden will be with Sinjan and Torture to pick greens. Do not allow him to get lost and if you can catch a few large foul for tomorrow it would be appreciated." A smirk came upon her face, "First, I would like to hear your real name then everyone can get to their work."

((Lithawen to here once you've answered your name or not - https://dragonageafter.forumotion.com/dragon-tales-f2/gathering-away-t18.htm#34))

She waited for Lithawen's reply.

Last edited by Nygozy on Sat May 22, 2010 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto Sat May 22, 2010 8:51 pm

Ianto Bryland knew that there was a Warden camp somewhere in this... general area. The only problem was that the 'general area' was really, really 'general', and the 'area' was much more like an extended location, wherein a camp was located. So, it was taking him a while to find. He had to wonder if this was on purpose, because it afforded extra security. He didn't think he'd ever find it, unless he just happened to stumble upon it.

He stopped suddenly, tilting his head like a dog listening for faint footsteps. He thought he heard... voices? Well, what do you know. It seemed he had 'stumbled' upon the camp. Ianto had never considered himself a lucky man, but at least this seemed to be working for him.

He had heard of the Warden camp while in Denerim, traveling to find something worthwhile to do with his life. He'd heard some soldiers- who'd been part of the committee designated to rebuilding the decimated town- talking about the Hero of Ferelden, who'd almost single-handedly taken down the Arch Demon. They'd been talking about where she was, and what she was up to now, and he'd been able to put together the snatched of conversation he'd managed to hear, and had divined that she was somewhere in these forests. And, Ianto had though, what better way to help (and possibly redeem a good 15 years of wasted life), than to see if the great Hero needed any extra services. It had occurred to him once or twice that they might not want some random Templar to help- especially when he wasn't announced- but he was (fairly) confident that he'd be able to prove himself useful. If not, at least he could be the entertainment (he was a wicked juggler).

So, now that he was so close, he continued forward, towards where the voices from camp became louder, and then he was standing pretty close to a bunch of people and horses. Luckily for him, most of the other people looked to be just arriving, as well, and so his own arrival was now less awkward by extension. He could help a small smile at that extra bit of luck.

Now turning his head to look for the self-made Hero (the only thing he knew about her was that she was a dwarf), he spotted her addressing some of the newcomers. He wondered if he should just come out and introduce himself, and figured that that would probably be the best course of action- he wouldn't want anyone skewering him because they thought he was some dastardly intruder.

"Hello, Ms. Hero of Ferelden?" He said, slightly drawing out the words, not sure if he had her attention, but continuing to speak anyway. "My name is Ianto Bryland. You shouldn't be expecting me, so don't worry about that. I've come, though, to offer my services?" Despite his confidence in speaking to her, he still ended his offer like a question, not wanting to sound too pushy.

Last edited by Ianto on Sun May 23, 2010 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ianto
Ianto

Back to top Go down

Post  Lithawen Sat May 22, 2010 8:59 pm

The Keeper smirked, walking up to Nygozy and looking down at her. "My name little one, is Lithawen of the Dalish clan Bein'Nor." her voice coated and dripping in the smug and cocky tone these people deserved.

Lithawen let out a dry chuckle as she moved over to Sinjan. "Well then. At least I got a handsome idiot." she taunted, clicking her tongue. "Keep up, and don't eat any poison berries.". Without waiting to hear what ever ridiculous retort the idiot could come up with, she moved towards the forest. Leaving Elendil in the ground, content and feeling safe enough with the short blade around her waist.
Lithawen
Lithawen

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun May 23, 2010 1:44 am

Lithawen's response did not create any particular reaction besides a lopsided grin. This woman was one who wished to be impressed and tended to feel she was better than others. What a challenging individual, "Lithawen it is then. Remember to get potatoes."

She stretched as a figure appeared from the side of her eyes and she spent a moment looking at another newcomer, this one was another human and she wondered idly if this was another warden then he spoke, offering his services and she could not help but smirk with undisguised merriment, "You offer your 'services' to the 'Hero of Fereldan,' do you? Sometimes you have to watch how you say things." She waggled her eyebrows and chuckled, "It is good to meet you, Ianto Bryland. My name is Nygozy and you do not need to be so formal. Others call me Ny or Nyggy."

Nygozy pointed to a tree, "There is a deer in that tree, Bowen. Would you mind getting it down so we can butcher it and start it up for supper?" She smiled, "In the meantime, I would like to know a bit more about you gentlemen. I take it you are not a warden, Ianto? If you do not mind, please tell me about your skills and why you are here."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun May 23, 2010 5:21 am

Calliara nodded calmly. ''As you wish, Nygozy''. She smiled gently patting Bowen's shoulder and after receiving a forehead kiss from her 'brother'. ''I'll be back soon, bro, try not to burn the meat again''

Then she went with Drake and Durbans, but first she snuggled Fenrir a bit, whispering to him softly. ''I'll be right back''

Last edited by Calliara Mahariel on Sun May 23, 2010 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowen Sun May 23, 2010 5:21 am

Bowen, after kissing Calli's forehead and huffing because of her joke, nodded to Nygozy, smiling.

''Of course. And don't worry about Fenrir being trained by your mabari. The pup just respects Calliara and not me, I am only his pillow sometimes, the fool that feeds him whenever Calli is not looking and the one who is spoiling him''.

He chuckled, going to get down the deer from the tree. When he was back, he placed it gently in the ground. ''What do you want to know?''

Fenrir whined sadly when he saw both his 'mommy' and the adult mabari leaving in different ways. After a moment he waved his little tail and trotted to follow Nygozy, barking happily and trying to get more attention.
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto Sun May 23, 2010 6:41 am

Ianto tilted his head for a moment, wondering if she was implying what his mind automatically assumed she was implying, then decided that she was, and a wide grin spread across his face, and an eyebrow quirked up in amusement.

"Oh, well, in that case. I can be offering that, too. You know, just so that I don't go and create any confusion," he joked, unable to manage anything resembling a straight face. "However, in the unfortunate circumstance that said offered services are neither wanted nor accepted, then I suppose I can just offer my run of the mill fighting services, too. Because, those services are almost as good."

As the little dwarf- Nygozy, he would remember to call her, rather than Hero- went about preparing for a meal, and another man came over, working out her instructions, he figured it wouldn't be so horrible if he attempted to help out. "For starters, if you want to know anything about me, I can't cook to save my life, so I'm afraid my helping hand in this endeavor is going to be fairly limited. After that, I'd say the less important stuff about me is that I'm a Templar, though I'm not here on behalf of the Templar order, and I came because I have very little else to do with my life, and thought you and yours might need a helping hand. You know, run of the mill kind of stuff. It certainly isn't as important as knowing I can't cook, though. That right there is the deal breaker."

He took a step back so that the other man could but the deer carcass down, and he spared the man another glance as he asked the dwarf, ''What do you want to know?''. Ianto looked back up at Nygozy, and said, "Oh, and, I'm not a Warden. I'm rarely cool enough to be accepted into super secret organizations. The last time I applied for such an exclusive club, my little sister kicked me out of her room and said that tea-time was only for her and her dolls." With that, he sat down on the ground just a pace away from where Nygozy and the other man were preparing the food. He glanced curiously at the little mabari puppy, tilting his own head in a dog-like manner, and followed it with his eyes.

"Hello fluffy," he said in an exaggerated 'baby-voice', smiling at the puppy. "Where did you come from?"
Ianto
Ianto

Back to top Go down

Post  Caterina Sun May 23, 2010 6:52 am

As a Warden in her own right, Caterina was used to taking orders. It was easy to separate her 'work' self from her 'real' self, and she rarely expected the two to mix when on such an assignment. When the dragon-slaying Warden, though, introduced herself and offered for them to call her Ny or Nyggy (both rather cute nicknames, Caterina thought), she could already tell that 'work' her and 'real' her were going to mix right away in this camp. In a way, that was a good thing. The camp that stays together slays together, and all of that. She hadn't expected to be part of a camp that was meant to foster both working and personal relationships, but she was glad that she was. It was boring to be stiff and professional all the time.

While the others were going about preparing for their assignments, Caterina took the moment, to step up to Nygozy, making sure that she wasn't in the way of the slightly older man's way as he set the deer down. She spared a brief glance at the newcomer- a younger man with strange, two-toned hair and a broad smile- and then quickly looked back at Nygozy.

"Well, Ny, if there's nothing you explicitly need me to do, I'd be glad to offer a second pair of hands for cooking. Or, you know, with anything else you might need me to do." She glanced down at the older man- Bowen, Nygozy had called him- and offered him a lopsided smile. "Impressive. That thing looked heavy," she said with a wink, not able to help the playful add-on.
Caterina
Caterina

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun May 23, 2010 11:06 am

She nodded to Calliara but smirked with good nature at the comment about Bowen burning meat. Her eyes then turned to Caterina, having not given her instructions as of yet.

"Well, Ny, if there's nothing you explicitly need me to do, I'd be glad to offer a second pair of hands for cooking. Or, you know, with anything else you might need me to do. Impressive. That thing looked heavy,"

"Certainly Caterina." Nygozy smiled at the young woman as she turned to speak with her, "I know it seems as though I had forgotten about you." She was going to speak with the young woman after Lithawen answered her but got sidetracked with the new arrival, "I wish for you to get the fire going better. I am afraid that Sinjan is a good fighter but not so good with camping matters. There is wood to the side of the camp. I would also like to know more of yourself."

''Of course. And don't worry about Fenrir being trained by your mabari. The pup just respects Calliara and not me, I am only his pillow sometimes, the fool that feeds him whenever Calli is not looking and the one who is spoiling him. What do you want to know?''

The Dwarf turned back to Bowen and nodded as he put the deer down, "You have my gratitude, Bowen. That deer is a heavy one." A gentle yap came from her lips and she knelt down to pet with the pup, "That is the mabari way to accept only one, is it not little sweet? I would like to know how you became a warden, Bowen."

"Oh, well, in that case. I can be offering that, too. You know, just so that I don't go and create any confusion; however, in the unfortunate circumstance that said offered services are neither wanted nor accepted, then I suppose I can just offer my run of the mill fighting services, too. Because, those services are almost as good."

She looked up at Ianto with a mischievous smirk and chuckled as she looked him over, "Truly? I will have to keep that in mind for further missions." Nygozy liked flirting sometimes. It lifted her heart from the past.

"For starters, if you want to know anything about me, I can't cook to save my life, so I'm afraid my helping hand in this endeavor is going to be fairly limited. After that, I'd say the less important stuff about me is that I'm a Templar, though I'm not here on behalf of the Templar order, and I came because I have very little else to do with my life, and thought you and yours might need a helping hand. You know, run of the mill kind of stuff. It certainly isn't as important as knowing I can't cook, though. That right there is the deal breaker. Oh, and, I'm not a Warden. I'm rarely cool enough to be accepted into super secret organizations. The last time I applied for such an exclusive club, my little sister kicked me out of her room and said that tea-time was only for her and her dolls."

"You need not know how to cook. I do that here and I can teach others basic feats of culinary capabilities but am no teaching mage. Templars," Her eyes became sad for a moment then went back to a calm cheer, "Are of help in this group. So you came specifically to be of help? Thank you for that. This group is not such an exclusive club and we don't have dolls. I did not invite the one magical person I know who uses them ... yet."

She went to a large crate and started pulling out supplies, vegetables, cutting boards and cutting knives, "Among the three of you is the choices of cutting up veggies and potatoes or working with me butchering the deer."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowen Sun May 23, 2010 11:34 am

''That is the mabari way to accept only one, is it not little sweet? I would like to know how you became a warden, Bowen."

Bowen nodded, serious now, and started butchering the deer.

''The short story is just plain revenge. The long story, well... I am from Nevarra. My family was, and I supposse still is, an important one, but I wanted to travel. So I became a mercenary, and eventually I met and married a beautiful girl, and I loved her endlessly. Her father was a merchant, and I worked as a guard for his caravan. Almost six years ago, near Lothering, we were traveling from Redcliff to Denerim and we were attacked by darkspawn. Sadly, my father-in-law and my wife decided to come that time... When I was trying to organize the survivors to let them escape, the Ferelden Warden Commander Duncan and Calliara appeared and helped me fighting them''

Bowen watched her carefully, for what he knew, Nygozy was recruited by Duncan as well. Sighing, he continued butchering the deer and talking, and trying to keep the excited puppy away from the raw meat.

''My wife was dead. My father-in-law blamed me for it. Duncan offered me a place with the Wardens, and I left with Calliara and him to Denerim, where both Calli and I, and another recruit, survived the Joining. And that's all my amazing story''
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto Sun May 23, 2010 12:15 pm

"Good. Then my lack of culinary skill won't keep me from staying on. I couldn't say the same about the Templars. Whenever it was my turn to cook, I swear they all threatened to have me thrown out of the Order. Excommunicated, even. Cutting vegetables, however," he said, shrugging, "is something I think I can do. You'll just have to mind the bits of finger in the carrots- there's a chance that I 'miss' a few cuts, if you know what I mean. Then again, I hear that they make good flavoring."

He kept to his seat as he listened to the older man tell his story, and he felt a familiar twang in his chest, the same feeling that he had whenever he thought about Maari. He was sure that that was probably a whole lot different than losing a wife and family- a whole lot different- but he couldn't help but feel the same sad pang. So, he listened silently as the man finished his story, and then looked between him, Nygozy, and the woman standing off to the side.

"So," he said, not a little bit awkwardly after the depressing tale. "Should I do the potatoes, or vegetables?"

Last edited by Ianto on Sun May 23, 2010 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ianto
Ianto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum