Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Campground - Resting I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Campground - Resting I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Campground - Resting I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Campground - Resting I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Campground - Resting I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Campground - Resting I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Campground - Resting I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Campground - Resting I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Campground - Resting I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Campground - Resting

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Campground - Resting Empty Campground - Resting

Post  Calliara Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:16 pm

Calliara helped Drake gently to stand up, looking shyly at the other men in the room. There were too many people in there. Far too many for her, and she was getting really nervous, even feeling that she had to escape.

"The first room has actual cots in there. I'd say get one dusted out and Drake can rest until Jezarine gets here''

The Dalish nodded silently and took the human to the place Nygozy said, and helped him to lay down on one of the cots after dusting it out. Once the door was half closed behind them she sighed deeply with relief, showing now her nervousness, but said nothing.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Campground - Resting Empty Re: Campground - Resting

Post  Drake Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:23 pm

There was movement and talking which Drake took little consideration of except for the slight reactions between Lithawen and Nygozy. He watched the mage for a moment then saw Garoll and Royce go into the room indicated for alcohol. He had no clue about this new man and was curious but he had to heal up before worrying much.

When Calliara took him to the other room he went without problem and lay down as she requested.

"Crowds are not your thing, I see. Better being in front playing rather than inside one?" He smiled tenderly at her.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:31 pm

Marcus stayed in the room where Drake and Calli were, sitting down in a chair by the door to the room, carving into a block of wood. He wasn't particularly thirsty so he didn't take part in the revelry by the camp fire. He preferred staying around those he had established as friends here, and to tease Calli a bit. He smiled as he carved into the maple. The sweet smell of fresh cut wood was wafting from the block and it calmed his senses down. Without a mage who could heal his wounds, Marcus would have to look after Drake with his herbalism skills. Durbans rested by his side, propped up against the wall.

"So, my dear white flower, as Drake states, you're claustrophobic around people, hm? Well, you needn't worry. They're harmless for the most part." He jibed and hummed as he carved. A steady pile of wood shavings were gathering by his feet. "So, how did you two manage without the almighty Durbans, hm? Ah, maybe I should tell you my real name. I am Marcus Kel'thor of West Hill." He said, forgetting that he never properly introduced himself to them (at least he thought so).
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:04 am

Calliara smiled shyly at them, blushing a bit. Now she felt stupid letting them know she was nervous.

''It's not that I don't like people, or I don't enjoy company... It's... I don't like crowded places, and crowded places that are a close place, like a room, a house, a city...'' The Dalish shivered suddenly and stared at the floor, shamed. ''Even when I was living with my Clan I was left alone, hunters are most of the time apart from the rest. It's strange for me to be living in such a small place with walls and a ceiling and with so many people breathing and speaking at the same time so close to me... It was hard living in Denerim with the Wardens, and so I spent most of the time living alone in our state's gardens...''

Stroking softly Drake's hair with a firm hand, but trembling breathe, she whispered. ''You should lay down on your stomach''

Sighing, she looked at her own blood soaked hair, but decided to wait for the healer first. Smiling, she looked at Marcus.

''Well met then, Marcus Kel'thor of West Hill. Why the nickname then?''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:36 am

Marcus listened to Calliara's story and smiled weakly. "I've always wondered what Denerim looked like." He mused to himself as he carved. And then Calliara accepted his true name and he smiled back at her. "I chose the name Durbans as an alias when traveling. It's really the name of my axe, but some people figured it also meant me so I rolled with it. It also is useful in case someone wants to hunt me down and instead, they find a ghost. Besides, I've all but buried my past, my whole family died in West Hill." He said, sighing at the memory.

"I was the one who gave a damn about villages along the way. Especially Lothering. I defended it against hordes of Darkspawn with a handful of other villagers, while the refugees escaped. We bought them the time they needed." He said, carving a little more in earnest.

"It was only later I found out that the Wardens of Fereldan had all but been decimated. So, I decided to work as a mercenary, defending people from the Darkspawn." He grunted a bit. The block of wood in his hands were taking shape now. It looked like three figures.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:27 pm

"So, my dear white flower, as Drake states, you're claustrophobic around people, hm? Well, you needn't worry. They're harmless for the most part So, how did you two manage without the almighty Durbans, hm? Ah, maybe I should tell you my real name. I am Marcus Kel'thor of West Hill."

Drake watched as Marcus spoke, wondering about the man and what exactly he was doing. He'd never been one to trust others easily and even though Marcus had proven his worth the fighter still felt territorial about Calliara. His expression stayed neutral even though his eyes flicked between the two slowly as if he were thinking hard on something and maybe he was doing so.

''It's not that I don't like people, or I don't enjoy company... It's... I don't like crowded places, and crowded places that are a close place, like a room, a house, a city... even when I was living with my Clan I was left alone, hunters are most of the time apart from the rest. It's strange for me to be living in such a small place with walls and a ceiling and with so many people breathing and speaking at the same time so close to me... It was hard living in Denerim with the Wardens, and so I spent most of the time living alone in our state's gardens...''

"It is difficult when you are used to one or the other. I've dealt with both and for the most part I prefer the quiet of the wild and not having so many people around." He smirked, "Yet I have chosen to be in circumstances which requires many people. I must be a masochist Especially hanging out around a man with many names." The last was a joke and he showed it as such by smiling at Marcus.

''You should lay down on your stomach''

Her whispers tickled his ear, making him smile for a moment, "I will be alright like this. I do not wish to move or relinquish my sight of you."

"I've always wondered what Denerim looked like. I chose the name Durbans as an alias when traveling. It's really the name of my axe, but some people figured it also meant me so I rolled with it. It also is useful in case someone wants to hunt me down and instead, they find a ghost. Besides, I've all but buried my past, my whole family died in West Hill."

"Losing ones family is not easy." He commented calmly.

"I was the one who gave a damn about villages along the way. Especially Lothering. I defended it against hordes of Darkspawn with a handful of other villagers, while the refugees escaped. We bought them the time they needed."

Drake shrugged then grimaced, "There are those who have done what they could. You did a good thing helping like that."

"It was only later I found out that the Wardens of Fereldan had all but been decimated. So, I decided to work as a mercenary, defending people from the Darkspawn."

"It seems you have come to the right place. We're likely to keep having to deal with them. And we even have someone who is strong at sensing them to make it easier for us." He squeezed Calliara's hand.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:06 pm

The healer looked into a room at Drake, Calliara and Marcus, "Oh my. I am late. I'm so sorry."

Jezarine went into the room and knelt beside the bed, taking Drake's free hand and starting to cast a healing spell, her whole attention on the wounded man for now. She'd heard Ianto's footsteps but was now in a healing trance.
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:36 pm

"I will be alright like this. I do not wish to move or relinquish my sight of you."

Creators helped her, but she blushed. To a deep crimson red that lighted up her cheeks and even her pointed ears, and she tried to hide it looking elsewhere, but her hand trembled in his, running the fingers of her other hand through her hair nervously. But a tiny, shy smile curved her lips.

''I've all but buried my past, my whole family died in West Hill."

Calliara looked sad hearing that, as she was sad when Drake told her about his own family. ''I am so sorry, Marcus... I never knew my parents, so I can't know what it feels like losing them suddenly, but I am truly sorry...''

Then Jezarine went into the room and Calliara looked at her completely for the first time, calmly. She observed her, the tattoos on her face, her ears, her clothes, everything while Jez was kneeling beside the bed, holding Drake's free hand. So this was the healer. Calliara found with surprise that she felt some kind of shy jealousy when she saw the other Dalish holding her human's hand, but she was still rational enough to know she was a healer, Drake was hurt, and that was all. Everything was so new and weak that she was terrified of losing all again.

When Jezarine was done and about to stand up, Calliara offered her hand to help her, looking at her straight in the eyes. ''I want to give you my thanks. You're the one that healed me before. And now you've healed him. My name is Calliara from the Grey Wardens, but once I was from the clan of the Mahariel. Ma serannas, sister, and well met. Bowen told me you were in Weisshaupt when we arrived there, and that maybe you saw our dwarf friend in the infirmary. That means I owe you two, one for Gunnar, one for Drake. You have my bow and my grattitude''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:40 pm

The healing was difficult this time as the wounds were more extensive than what he'd had before and Jezarine was tired but she did her best to magically sew up the sinew and muscle, flesh and veins. She kept her concentration as he'd received a liver puncturing and she had to make sure that her mind stayed on that. There was blood leaking into his abdomen which she had to deal with as well.

It seemed to her that he already figured out what was going on but was not going to tell anyone else exactly how bad he was. Stubborn human. The medicinal help someone had used to cover the wounds would have been good enough if it hadn't been for the liver wound. It was a good thing she'd arrived when she did. It should have been sooner but she kept her mind from that.

Finally her healing was complete. Jezarine felt faint and thankfully when she went to get up, Calliara offered her hand. Drake, during this time closed his eyes and relaxed.

''I want to give you my thanks. You're the one that healed me before. And now you've healed him. My name is Calliara from the Grey Wardens, but once I was from the clan of the Mahariel. Ma serannas, sister, and well met. Bowen told me you were in Weisshaupt when we arrived there, and that maybe you saw our dwarf friend in the infirmary. That means I owe you two, one for Gunnar, one for Drake. You have my bow and my grattitude''

"You are welcome but it is only my calling. I am glad you are well, Calliara. I am Jezarine N'yala of the extinct E'Siena clan. I am no Warden but I have become of the clan."

She looked into Calliara's bright eyes and smirked, realizing that there was some jealousy hiding in there. It was kind of funny. What would any woman have to worry about with her? "I believe I may have worked on this Gunner fellow but do not quite remember. If I saw him I would know."

The healer looked to Marcus as she could smell the herbs on his hands, "Were you the one who patched this man up?"
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Marcus was finishing up the carving he was making. In walked a beautiful dark skinned girl whom he assumed was the healer as she set to work right away at mending Drake's wounds. Slightly annoyed his work was being overridden yet again by magic, and yet, relieved his friend would be guarenteeed survival, he offered her a smile in thanks. Soon enough, both Calliara and Drake were offering their condolences to Marcus for the loss of his family. "I do miss 'em. But missing 'em won't bring 'em back." He sighed and then offered his carving to Drake and Calliara, it was a statuette of the three of them, posing over-the-top-like.

"Were you the one who patched this man up?" the dark-skinned healer asked Marcus. He nodded. "Of course, lass. The almighty Durbans is a master herbalist!" He stood up out of his chair, putting on his aloof facade once more, bowing lower-than-what-is-needed. "Marcus "Durbans" Kel'thor, at your service, o beauteous one." He introduced himself. "Defender of the oppressed, wrestler of Ogres, and Former-Lumberjack-Turned-Mercenary." He said in rapid fire succession.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Jezarine blushed as Marcus called her "O beauteous one" and shyly stepped back, looking at him as if he'd completely confused her. He had because she never expected someone to call her anything like that even if Ianto had been being nice to her as well.

"Oh. Well I guess you will fit in here just well if you defend others so much but I think it might be best for us all to leave these two alone. This man still has some healing to do and your herbs will help with that but he needs rest and quiet. Maybe you should come with myself and Ianto to the fire once we've talked with Nygozy."

She looked about for Ianto to see if he'd gone to talk with Nygozy or had waited for her to heal the wounded man.
Jezarine
Jezarine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:13 pm

Calliara's eyes smiled as well as her mouth when she took the new carving.

''Marcus, it's wonderful... You're greatly skilled. Thank you''

Then she listened, amused, to his banter with Jezarine while stroking softly Drake's hair and then massaging his temple and forehead carefully, silent.

''Maybe you should come with myself and Ianto to the fire once we've talked with Nygozy."

She lifted an eyebrow.

''Go ahead. I'll keep an eye on him and be sure he would rest''. Calli looked down at him, serious, like saying I know there's something you tried to hide from me
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:44 pm

Drake refrained from saying anything while Marcus spoke with the others. He wasn't interested in making small talk right now. The wound still ached as much as his pride. He should have been able to deal with that attack and use Arcarla for that dark lightning attack at the same time without problem.

There was the sound of footsteps leaving the room and the door closing so he opened his eyes to see Calliara looking at him. He cocked his head to the side trying to figure out what was on her mind.

"Go ahead and speak your mind." He said softly while watching her face.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:22 pm

Calliara shook her head slowly, massaging his temple and forehead again softly.

''I feel pain all the time. Always, since I was tainted, before my Joining. The Joining didn't take it away from me. So I know very well when someone is in pain, even if he is a stubborn and tough bastard and is trying to hide it''

The Dalish thought for a while, meditating her next words carefully, but kept looking at him right in the eyes.

''You don't have to hide anything from me. I'm used to observe and notice things than others maybe can't see. Just like Nygozy knew you were worse than you wanted us to know. I am no flower, Drake Rainard, and you don't have to impress me. I know it's the way you are, and maybe that's one of the reasons for what I...''. She blushed lightly, and looked elsewhere briefly, thinking again. Her hand was still firm touching him, but her breathe was deep and trembling now. ''You don't have to hide whatever you feel, think or suffer from me. I just wanted to say that''

Calliara remained silent for a while after that, and finally whispered. ''Rest now if you need it, and then we'll look for some place where we can clean ourselves. I'm not going to say that you stink, but I know I do... Eau d'Ogre as the Orlesians would say... And...''

Again she fell silent, and her shy smile appeared again.

''I still owe you a song''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:13 pm

Drake watched her carefully as he listened to her words. She was concerned and afraid that he was keeping things from her to not worry her. That was true to an extent but it was more complex than that. Did she feel he did not trust her to be able to handle things? Maybe. He was not quite sure. Then she said as much.

He shook his head slowly, "Calli ..." His eyes lifted to look into hers, "The reason I hide my pain is not that I wish to shelter you. It is but my nature. Sometimes my actions are little more than that of an animal. My first reaction to hurting badly is to puff up my feathers and act like nothing is wrong, even if I have blood pouring from my body. It feels safer to do so. So it is not to protect you, my dear. It is because it is how I am, it is how I am built and it is difficult to not do so."

The thought of a bath made him grin, "I would love a bath but for now it is better for me to rest. I do not believe there is energy enough to get up, let alone to wash. You go ahead, Songbird. I will go nowhere and then, if you wish, you can sing me a lullaby." His smile was genuine as he pulled her down to him to give her a light kiss on the lips.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:33 pm

A small sigh of relief was her only answer to his explanation, and Calliara nodded briefly, looking elsewhere again.

''I'm not going anywhere until you're alright again''. She whispered calmly, but when he pulled her down to kiss her something switched off in her. In the very moment she felt his lips meeting hers, Calliara sighed once again, but this time more like an exhausted animal after a long race, and kissed him back hungrily.

Suddenly she straightened up, blushing and horrified of what she had done, and started babbling. ''I-I am sorry, I didn't mean to... I am so-so sorry, you're still hurt...''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:38 pm

He sudden babbling gave him pause then he laughed, "Calli Calli! I pulled you to me. Don't apologize for giving me what I want."

Drake put out his hand with a grin, "Come. Lie beside me and relax. We are both exhausted and you'll keep me warm."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:45 pm

Still blushing, Calli avoided his gaze, shamed. ''It's been so long, it's been so long...''. She muttered mostly for herself, but her voice was sad.

"Come. Lie beside me and relax. We are both exhausted and you'll keep me warm."

She looked at his hand and then at him, shyly, trying to protest. ''But I stink... And I'll have nightmares... I'll scream and cry, I don't think that's good for you if you have to rest...''

Even protesting, her hand reached his shyly, but before doing what he said she began to remove her lorica segmentata armor to leave it on the floor with a little grunt. Then, blushing even more, she lie down beside him, still doubting if she should touch him or simply lie there, unsure
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:54 pm

He waited for her calmly, quietly, letting her get out what she needed to. Drake was a patient man, watching and waiting being his way of life. Sure he'd had his wild days and could be wild when he wished but for the most part he was best at being patient, waiting for things to happen, holding himself in calm reflection as the world moved around him.

Then she gave in to her wish to lie with him. It was a sensual feel to have her get onto the bed as well and he enjoyed that sensation. Nothing more was required but having her beside him.

Drake pulled her close, curling up against her in such a way that his wounds were not touched, then lay his head down so he could smell her hair. Yes, she was dirty but so was he and he did not care.

"Shh." He whispered into her ear, "Just sleep, Songbird. I'm with you. There is nothing to fret about sleeping." He pulled a blanket over them.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Calliara was trembling like a little animal when he pulled her close to him and pulled the blanket over them. She was terrified. Not because of him, she was terrified because she thought it felt too nice. Too nice to loose it again...

She sighed deeply, forcing her muscles to relax and closed her eyes. Calli knew he needed rest, but right then she needed to explain what was on her mind before it was too late.

''I am scared. I am scared because it's been two years... almost two years since the last time I've been this close to a man and I don't know how to act, I am so scared of loosing it again... loosing you. I don't want to loose it, to loose everything again... I... I've just been with one man in all my life... So I don't know... I don't know what to do, I just want to feel... I am so tired of being sad...''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Calliara was shakey, almost terrified for some strange reason. Drake waited it out knowing that she was not afraid of him but there was a likelihood of her being afraid of any form of intimacy. So he waited calmly, brushing her hair back trying to ease her fears.

"Two years is a long while." He said quietly, trying not to frighten her, "Calliara. It is normal to fear these things. You had a strong love and it isn't easy going on. Life is difficult and even more so when you have to go on alone. Yet, you are not alone. You have friends who love you and now you also have me and these new people. Relax. All you need to do is relax. The rest will come later."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:27 pm

''But I'm tired of waiting!'' Calliara gritted her teeth, trying hard to stay calm as always. ''I am tired of wasting my time. I want to live before it's too late for me, and when my time comes I want to welcome Death with wide open arms, as if Death was an old friend, and fall proud of my life and no regreting anything. It's been two years of mourning and tears and I can't stand it anymore...''

Suddenly the Dalish fell silent, and when she spoke again, her voice was calm and soft, as always. returning to her own shelter, and hiding behind her mask again.

''Enough of this. Rest now''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:35 pm

Drake kissed her neck, then her ear, when she finished her rant, "You will have love and time to savour it. We will fight together and likely die in battle together. I am with you, Songbird. I do not know how but you have stolen my heart almost as if you plucked a tune from the air."

He touched her neck lightly with a finger, tracing the length of it to her chin then up across her lips, "Do not close up on me. You must live your life, not shut it out. I will not allow you to."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:47 pm

''I don't know how to live''. Calliara muttered softly, knowing how true her own words were. ''I just kill and walk to the next battle. That's all I do. Even when I lived with the Dalish. Silence, observe, hunt, search, hunt again. With the Wardens is no different. Kill darkspawn, charge against the next horde until you're dead or they change you into them or worse''

She sighed, closing her eyes again. ''I am so tired of being just a bow and not just a 25-year-old girl with no fear, no sadness, no pain. That's all. But a bow is what I am.''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:57 pm

Drake sat up, pulling her with him and made her sit looking at him. One hand moved to under her chin, lifting it so she could look into his eyes, "You are like a hurt animal in your heart and don't know how to do anything else."

He crawled out of bed and stood, putting out a hand, "Come. We will live." His eyes were intense as he looked at her, a smile tugging at the edge of his lips.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next