Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Campground - Family Ties I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Campground - Family Ties I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Campground - Family Ties I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Campground - Family Ties I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Campground - Family Ties I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Campground - Family Ties I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Campground - Family Ties I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Campground - Family Ties I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Campground - Family Ties I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Campground - Family Ties

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Campground - Family Ties Empty Campground - Family Ties

Post  Nygozy Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:53 am

"Well I was. I just came out to get a drink for the lady. No reason she can't enjoy a bit of ale even if she's not here. And besides that It gave me another chance to see you my dear girl. Why is it you look so surprised?"

"She is so surprised because Kai does not act like that. Good try, mind you." Nygozy stepped out from the woods and stared at the man trying to act like her protector.

"Uhhh... Okay, what the crap is going on here?"

"Okay so I have a brother. A twin brother. He was watching our camp, trying to find the wardens. He'd left our Dalish clan in search of them in order to help with the cause, or that's what he told to me at least. As for what he's doing over there with my eyepatch...I honestly cannot say. He just sort of...took it and ran off before I had a chance to stop him. If I had to take a guess at his intentions however, I would say that he's either trying to impersonate me or embarass me...Maybe both."

''... Kai? Kyon?''

Nygozy looked between the two men then smirked, "Really now? It looks like we will have to take this elsewhere and let the drinkers get back on with it. No need to mess with fun and revelry, now is there? Kyon is it? Come with us. Drake and Calliara, you're with us as well."

With that the Dwarf turned from the campfire and walked to just past the small house to a destroyed patch of garden, well enough away from the fire so that they could all have a relaxing chat without bothering the drinkers.

"Now ... give your brother back his eyepatch, Kyon. I'm sure he'd like that."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Campground - Family Ties Empty Re: Campground - Family Ties

Post  Drake Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:26 pm

Drake followed quietly but whispered to his lady, "You know those lads?"

He watched as everyone gathered around and stood beside Calliara, watching each person and noticing that once again their numbers have grown, not only with the assassin's brother but with a strange looking man he could not place. The clothing was much different than that of nowadays.

The fighter put his arms over his chest and waited.

Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:34 pm

Calliara followed Nygozy quietly as well, still holding Drake's hand and still surprised.

"You know those lads?"

''Yes, I... I think they are my cousins. Sons of my father's younger brother... I think. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think so... I had them on my knees when they were born, and I played many times with them, I even taught them some things, but... Maybe they don't remember me. They were only kids when I left...''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hikarusakanoue Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:00 pm

"Now ... give your brother back his eyepatch, Kyon. I'm sure he'd like that."

"That would be nice. There was no reason for you to take it in the first place, it's not like you need it." Kai said as he took the eyepatch from his brother and placed it back over his right eye.

Kyon smiled to Nygozy. "I have to say, trying to act like someone you have not seen in a while, even if they're your older brother is quite difficult." He then looked over to Caliara, the bard recognized her certainly but it took him a moment before he could remember her name. "I remember you very well Cal, I believe you helped me in learning to be a bard didn't you?"
Hikarusakanoue
Hikarusakanoue

Back to top Go down

Post  Aayugara Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:16 pm

Aayugara looked at Kyon and Kai. It wasn't as bizarre as his story, but it certainly had been a dramatic day. With his interest in the brothers distracting him from his tiredness, he followed them after Nygozy suggested leaving the fire to leave the others in peace. Gara held his helmet and watched Kai put his eyepatch on.

"I have to say, trying to act like someone you have not seen in a while, even if they're your older brother is quite difficult... I remember you very well Cal, I believe you helped me in learning to be a bard didn't you?"

He had hardly noticed the two that had come with them from the campfire until then. He turned to the elf who Kyon was talking to, waiting to hear what she had to say.
Aayugara
Aayugara

http://www.aayugara.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:18 pm

"I'm sure it was not the easiest thing to do, especially when Jezarine spent more time with Kai then any of us as of yet."

Nygozy looked from one young man to the other then brushed her teeth over her bottom lip, "This is unusual. Families coming together from long absences. So tell me, what is it you were looking for Kyon? If it was family you are quite the hunter."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:21 pm

Drake held Calliara's hand and waited, back into his normal mode of watching, assessing and being in the back of everything. He wasn't about to step into any of this as he tried to figure out all these people.

((Hiku - you can bunny Drake and Ny. I will be back later tonight but you guys have fun.))
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:29 pm

''I remember you very well Cal, I believe you helped me in learning to be a bard didn't you?"

Calliara smiled softly, a bit shy feeling all the eyes on her. ''Yes, I did. Your mother was the one who taught me with hahren Paivel, so it was just fair that I taught you my poor knowledge... Why are you both here? What happened after I left? Is the Clan still travelling? Are they alright?''

Her anxiety was obvious at this point, and even a point of fear was in her eyes, and her hand held Drake's tightly, even trembling. What if the Clan was dead, as was Jezarine's Clan? What if everything she once knew was gone, just like the Grey Wardens at Ostagar? All those years living among humans were hard, and one of the things that made her keep going on was the thought that her Clan was still somewhere, living free, with the freedom she no longer had and longed for.

She looked at Kai, and without thinking she reached her free hand and brushed his cheek tenderly. When Kyon and Kai were kids, most of the time they were with her. Calliara was the one that was there seeing their first steps while their parents were busy, the one that taught them their first words. She had a soft spot for them, and all the old feelings were returning, strong as they were in the past.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hikarusakanoue Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:52 pm

"This is unusual. Families coming together from long absences. So tell me, what is it you were looking for Kyon? If it was family you are quite the hunter."

"To be honest I never expected to meet with Kai again, in fact it took a while before either of us recognized each other. I think we may have forgotten about each other's existance, if that makes any sense. And I wasn't expecting to find Caliara here either." Kyon stopped for a moment to think "If I recall she left with someone a long time ago, I can't remember much else."

He smiled to Caliara "Yes yes the clan is fine" He noticed that she began to tremble "You do not need to worry so much my sweet cousin, they are all fine." The bard was unsure if the woman was aware of the fates of his own parents. Since she had been gone he guessed that she did not and decided it would be best to keep it from her for now.

Kai, surprised by Caliara's sudden action, stepped back. As his own memories of her came back slowly he recalled spending much time with her, he was younger then and a much different person then he is now. He recalled he did have enjoyable times with her, with out realizing it the assassin stepped forward to be within her reach again. He found himself wondering what she thought to find that one of the children she knew so well hadn't remained cheerful, and instead ended up becoming more distant and cold

Kyon, who was all but oblivious to this, continued chatting away happily with Nygozy. "But that all aside, you asked what it was I was looking for didn't you? Well I've spent most of my life learning the ways of a bard and a ranager, as well as learning how to handle a sword or two. I thought of the blight and how it must be a difficult for the Wardens to continue fighting after such a battle. I'd thought I could be of some assistance"
Hikarusakanoue
Hikarusakanoue

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:24 am

As Kai moved back from Calliara's touch she reassuringly put a hand on his shoulder. It was strangely an automatic response for her with him and somehow that bothered her. It did not bother her because she didn't like it but because if he reacted so hesitant with one he'd grown up with, had been cared for by then it was probably not such a great thing to touch him for reassurance.

She took her hand away and backed up to give them space as she tried to discern her confused thoughts. Why was it so easy around him? Why was it second nature to react to his concerns? It wasn't like she wasn't concerned about others but Kai was different.

Nygozy took a deep breath and turned back to Kyon and Calliara, finally getting her wits about her, "Kai was hired by the King to be my bodyguard and take care of me." She mentioned noticing that Kai had yet to say anything to the woman.

"You seem to have gone into the same route as Calliara, except the becoming a Warden part." She said to Kyon and considered that as she did not wish to ask the young man to do as Calliara had. In fact, she didn't want to ask anyone to do so but knew Allistair would order her to soon enough. At least she would be able to leave Kyon out of that choice.

The Dwarf glanced at Drake who only stood there watching as per normal and then to Aayugara, "If you are up to it, Drake, could you take Aayugara for some food within the back of the cottage. Once done that maybe rest. You look pretty beaten up. I'm sure that Calliara will be in soon enough to watch over you."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:36 am

He squeezed Calliara's hand and watched but when Nygozy touched Kai's shoulder his eyes went directly there then to the Dwarf's face. A slight grin passed the edge of his lips and he glanced at Calliara to show he had seen something but only for a moment.

Drake bowed his head as Nygozy spoke to him, "I am well enough to get the gentleman some food and a place to sleep." He turned his head to Calliara, "When you come in then we can continue with our previous plans, Songbird."

As a gentleman, he kissed the back of her hand, gazing into her eyes, "Do not worry. Enjoy and take your time with your cousins. I will be in our room."

He turned to Aayugara and nodded his head, "Let us see what we have that will put a few pounds back on you. You look starved." The fighter turned and walked off towards the cottage.

((Drake and Aayugara go here - https://dragonageafter.forumotion.com/dragon-rest-f8/campground-demons-past-t89.htm#1133))
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hikarusakanoue Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:03 am

Kai gave a quiet sigh. Nygozy's hand some how calmed the assassin, he was unsure why but he was glad it did. That was when Ny started to move her hand away and step back. Kai was unsure why but he reacted and caught her hand, he didn't want her to move away just yet. The assassin tried to reassure the dwarf with a smile then he turned back to Caliara and his brother.

"Kai was hired by the King to be my bodyguard and take care of me."

Kyon whistled impressed,"Not bad Kai, not bad at all. Working for the king to protect one of the most important women in all of Ferelden?" To this kai just scoffed, his uncaring attitude made Kyon laugh "Well now, you've sure changed since we last saw one another." The bard's attention was shifted to Nygozy once the woman began speaking.

"You seem to have gone into the same route as Calliara, except the becoming a Warden part."

"So that must be who she left with back then, a warden. Joining the order....I'm not sure about that part, you do need more wardens or so I have heard. For now though I think I'd prefer to help without becoming one."

Both elven men watched in silence as the interaction between Ny and Drake took place, They both continued to watch as Aayugara and Drake walked away.
Hikarusakanoue
Hikarusakanoue

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:27 am

"Yes yes the clan is fine. You do not need to worry so much my sweet cousin, they are all fine."

Calliara smiled softly again. ''Creators be praised for that... You two have lots and lots of things to tell me. You're all grown up!''

When Kai moved back Calliara blinked, surprised, and a hint of pain reflected in her eyes, but she tried to hide it quickly. And then he moved forward again and she didn't know what to think about it. Maybe it was just a so long time and the cousins were all grown up now and they didn't need her now, that was obvious. She noticed Nygozy's gesture and wanted to smile, but instead of it just nodded briefly, and looked back to Drake with his same amusement.

"You seem to have gone into the same route as Calliara, except the becoming a Warden part."

"So that must be who she left with back then, a Warden. Joining the order....I'm not sure about that part, you do need more wardens or so I have heard. For now though I think I'd prefer to help without becoming one."

Calliara looked at Nygozy, calm as always, but something in her eyes was desperate. She was a master hiding her feelings most of the time, but she thought that the dwarf, as a ranger too, could read in her very well. Please don't do that to me. Please, I beg you, don't do it

But she said nothing, as usual.

"I am well enough to get the gentleman some food and a place to sleep. When you come in then we can continue with our previous plans, Songbird. Do not worry. Enjoy and take your time with your cousins. I will be in our room."

Calliara smiled shyly when he kissed her hand and nodded, trying to keep him close to her for a moment though. Reluctant, she let him go and watched him and the new warrior until they disappeared. Then she looked at Nygozy to say something, but a happy bark distracted her. There in the ground Fenrir was sitting, waving his little tail. The Dalish smiled and kneeled to hug him, whispering. ''Go with Drake and watch over him until I go there. Be my eyes''

When the puppy trotted away she stood again. ''Nygozy, after this I'd need a word with you, if you're so kind of giving me a few minutes from your time''. She asked politely, and smiled at her cousins. ''But first this... I don't know what to ask you. I am just so glad that you both are here''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hikarusakanoue Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:01 am

''But first this... I don't know what to ask you. I am just so glad that you both are here''

"Well you must have something to ask us Cal" Kyon gave her an innocent smile, it was the same smile he'd always has when he was a child. "There's quite alot I'd like to ask you as well, but you should go first. You are, a lady after all." Kai just looked away absentmindedly and it made Kyone laugh. He put an arm around his brother's shoulder "Doesn't look like Kai'll answer them. He seems so stubborn."

Kai stared at his brother for a moment before removing his arm. "You..." he sighed "Will get very annoying very fast if you keep this up."

Again kyon laughed "Is this how you always act? It's not how you used to." Suddenly the bard smiled slyly to Kai "Perhaps Caliara and I can tell tales of when you were younger and actually likeable some time."
Hikarusakanoue
Hikarusakanoue

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:44 am

Kai caught her hand and smiled at her for a moment making Nygozy look at him in wonder. It did not seem like a work reaction to keep her close so it would make it easier to watch over her. The Dalish was reacting as if he needed her close.

Nygozy stepped back to be beside him, her hand back on his shoulder, close enough for their sides to touch so when he shifted the did touch.

"Not bad Kai, not bad at all. Working for the king to protect one of the most important women in all of Ferelden? Well now, you've sure changed since we last saw one another."

She smirked as Kai scoffed and looked like she was ready to chuckle but was holding it in. There was a slight flushing of embarrassment on her cheeks due to Kyon saying she was one of the most important women of Ferelden. Usually this didn't make her react but for some reason having Kai's twin say it was different.

"So that must be who she left with back then, a Warden. Joining the order....I'm not sure about that part, you do need more wardens or so I have heard. For now though I think I'd prefer to help without becoming one."

She noticed Calliara's look from the side of her eyes and shook her head, "I would prefer not to make anyone a Warden; however, it is something that will be ordered of me. Even so, I will not ask this of you. Ever."

''Nygozy, after this I'd need a word with you, if you're so kind of giving me a few minutes from your time. But first this... I don't know what to ask you. I am just so glad that you both are here''

"That will be no problem, Calliara." Nygozy said then left it to the twins to answer the next statement.

"Well you must have something to ask us Cal. There's quite alot I'd like to ask you as well, but you should go first. You are, a lady after all. Doesn't look like Kai'll answer them. He seems so stubborn."

Kyon's hand touched hers as he wrapped his arm around Kai's shoulder and she looked over at the other man as Kai removed his arm. That reaction wasn't a surprise to her and the amusement flitted across her features for a moment before she looked to Kai.

"You... will get very annoying very fast if you keep this up."

"Is this how you always act? It's not how you used to. Perhaps Caliara and I can tell tales of when you were younger and actually likeable some time."

"I believe telling stories would likely be a way to get Kai to hide on you." Nygozy shrugged but realized that even if Kai wanted to hide from story telling he would stay wherever she was. This was going to get aggravating for him. She was able to easily tell that he didn't like the idea with the way he became stiff from hearing those words.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:09 pm

Calliara laughed quietly. ''Things change, my dear''. She said to Kyon. ''We are not trees. You both are all grown up and it's normal than your behaviour changed as well. You're adults after all... you're no longer da'len. My da'len''

The Dalish sighed with some kind of sadness, and then laughed again. ''Oh, dear. As if you two were going to be six years old all your life. But I miss those days. What about your parents? How are they? Did you leave the Clan long ago or recently?''

All the old feelings were returning, and Calliara was now acting just like a mother, looking at the twins with not-so-very-well-hidden pride.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hikarusakanoue Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:34 pm

Kyon was glad to see that Caliara was happy, however his happiness seemed to fade as she continued to speak. ''Oh, dear. As if you two were going to be six years old all your life. But I miss those days. What about your parents? How are they? Did you leave the Clan long ago or recently?' He'd hoped to put off telling her about his amly in order to spare her any grief, but no she'd brought them up and he had little choice.

"Well I left the clan a few wees ago, but our parents are..." Kyon looked for words, he wanted to find a good way to tell his cousin the news "Well they...."

Kai began to grow impatient at his brothers loos for words, if you need to tell someone unpleasnt news then do so. Waiting and taking longer to say what you need to won't improve the situation, better to do it and be done. "Our parents died about two years ago Caliara, that is when I left the clan."
Hikarusakanoue
Hikarusakanoue

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:44 pm

There was pain in all of their eyes when it came to the subject about the twins' parents. It was plain to see even if Kai didn't want to show anything. Nygozy squeezed his shoulder gently to remind him she was there for him if he needed it.

She kept quiet, listening to their voices and just being there for Kai. There was nothing for the Dwarf to say when it was a family reunion but she stayed because he wanted her there. It would have been easy enough for Calliara to find her to talk later but leaving when Kai wanted her there wasn't something she would do.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:00 am

"Well I left the clan a few wees ago, but our parents are... Well they... ''

Calliara looked at him, serious now, and knew it before Kai spoke.

"Our parents died about two years ago Caliara, that is when I left the clan."

For a couple of minutes the Dalish said nothing, just staring at them. Finally she looked elsewhere. ''... so it looks like it's true I have nothing left, nowhere. How did that happen?''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hikarusakanoue Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:05 am

''... so it looks like it's true I have nothing left, nowhere. How did this happen?"

"You can't say that Cal, you have everyone that's here icluding Kai and I. And the rest of cthe lan is still alive." Kyon tried to smile a little, he hated hurting hs family in such away

Kai sighed again "Our father was supposedly killed during an assassination mission that he was sent on. Our mother then recieved that news and wandered off into the forest, she never returned and it is thought that the cause of her death was her own greif." Kai somehow managed to keep the pain from his voice.

But then the assassin looked down at Nygozy in order to silently thank her for staying with him. The pain was clearly evident in his eyes. It seemed that she was to be the only one he would tell of his true feelings, the ones that he hid so well from all others even if he did so in silence.
Hikarusakanoue
Hikarusakanoue

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Calliara sighed listening to Kai, and without thinking, she wrapped an arm around Kyon's shoulders to hug him, still looking at the Crow. ''I am truly sorry, my sweets... My mother did the same '' She said simply. Then she realized that she called them 'my sweets', as she used to do long, long ago when they were just da'len and looked at her like an older sister. Calliara wondered if they would mind.

''I am sorry if that offends you. You both are adults now.''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hikarusakanoue Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:13 pm

"My sweets, that is what you used to call us isn't it." Kyon smiled happy to have Caliara's comfort "Don't worry my sweet cousin I don't mind the name at all, I'm just glad that you stil enjoy all those things from the past."

Kai had taken his moment with Nygozy and was now ready to look to Cali once more, as he did he answered her quietly "While my brother may be open to such childish names I am not."

Kyon continued to smile to their older cousin. "Oh don't mind Kai. He still likes the name, he just doesn't want to admit that he does." he whispered to Cal as he spoke to keep Kai from hearing him.
Hikarusakanoue
Hikarusakanoue

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:20 pm

Nygozy looked up into Kai's eyes as he turned his head to gaze down at her. The pain was there, easy to see, and she also realized that he refused to show anyone else. Her head moved slightly, almost imperceptively in order to indicate that she knew and it would be their secret.

Another slight squeeze of his shoulder and she looked back to the others with a slight smirk as Kyon said he didn't mind the pet name and Kai said he did. It looked like Kyon would make life interesting just for the fact that the two would be butting heads.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:28 pm

Calliara smiled gently again. ''I offer you my apologizes, Kai. It wasn't my intention to offend you''

What in the world happened to the by she knew? Now he had a permanent scowl and was cold and distant. Calli could remember long nights with the twins, telling tales or nursing them when they were sick, and Kai was as cheerful as Kyon. He was more responsible than Kyon though. Kyon was the dreamer, and Kai was the one with things clear in his mind. It seemed that was still the same.

Suddenly she found herself looking to the place Drake had been just a few moments ago, and she almost blushed. Almost. She wondered what her cousins would think if they knew that she loved a human, and she was about to love another human again. Surely Jezarine already knew, but when the another Keeper would notice, that was a thing Calliara wasn't sure she wanted to see, or hear.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hikarusakanoue Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:43 pm

Kai did not answer Cali. He perfered not talking to her even if he knew she was, and still is a good person. He was different now yes and that was of course to be expected, but the vact was that he was now very different. He wondered quietly what she thought of this, he knew she had noticed it he could see it if he looked into her eyes. Then both he and Kyon both followed their cousin's gaze to Drake's previous spot, Kai remained quiet as Kyon spoke.

"It seems as though your mind is elsewhere cousin. Don't wory so much about it though, if you would like to we can always talk some other time"
Hikarusakanoue
Hikarusakanoue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next