Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Arrangements VK - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Arrangements VK - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Arrangements VK - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Arrangements VK - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Arrangements VK - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Arrangements VK - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Arrangements VK - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Arrangements VK - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Arrangements VK - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Arrangements VK

+13
Dragonis
Drake
Torture
Elenri
Rakot Hemlin
Ostef Ziker
UncleVanya
AlistairTheirin
Macha
Final Warrior
Calliara
Kai
Nygozy
17 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Arrangements VK - Page 9 Empty Re: Arrangements VK

Post  Rakot Hemlin Thu May 05, 2011 9:33 pm

Rakot smiled and moved his right hand just in time to block the punch heading for his face with his elbow. He then shifted to the right, keeping his elbow up for defense and swung his other arm, his fist flying towards Nygozy's throat.

The size difference made things a bit awkward, in addition the berserker heard rumors that the Commander was pregnant, so everything below her chest became off limits for striking. Rakot focused his rage, speeding up his swing while his mind maintained clarity.

What is she playing at? She is fast, and her punches got some weight behind them, but my muscle acts as defense as well as offense and I can take a lot of punishment. She knows this...she is planning on dodging my swings forever?
Rakot Hemlin
Rakot Hemlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Thu May 05, 2011 9:49 pm

Dodging was fun when it wasn't a life or death struggle. It kept her mind in gear and allowed the little woman to keep her skills in good form. She was starting to wish that she had not set Drake up with the control of the two men for his assignments and was tempted to change that, at least enough to get these workouts. She loved to build her skills and Rakot certainly was a new target who would go for hours in training drills. That would help her to keep in shape as, even though she would have to be careful in some respects, she did need to be healthy and capable so that the pregnancy would not slow her down. If there was one thing she could not do it was that because there was always a chance that she could be cornered alone at some time.

Plus she hated the idea of ever becoming some whiny damsel in distress.

So she dodged, searched for an opening then went for his leg. If done just right she could jump onto his leg that was bent, hop onto his back and scramble up to his shoulders to sit there like a child on her parent's shoulders - not like she ever had that kind of childhood, putting her arms on top of his head and looking down with a grin.

If she could pull it off.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rakot Hemlin Thu May 05, 2011 10:02 pm

It happened fast, and before Rakot knew it he had dwarf sitting on his shoulders, grinning down at him, he looked up at her with a calm gaze.

"Two things can happen, salroka. Either you break my neck, or I fall backwards and slam you with my whole weight against the ground. I got a pretty thick neck, and you got pretty small hands, and I weigh a lot....not a good position to put yourself in then fighting someone of my size, that's just a tip for the future. As for stand up fighting, I got more reach than you, you've been pretty good at dodging my swings so far, but there is always a possibility of me getting lucky, and then a couple of hits and you're out, my fist is as big as your head after all. Rather you should be trying to get in close, but not too close, just enough so that the length of my arms makes it awkward for me to strike at you, and then watch for the knees one could always come up to meet your face. Also, don't get caught off guard...."

Rakot jerked his arms upwards attempting to grab the dwarf with intention of tossing her to the ground in front of him.
Rakot Hemlin
Rakot Hemlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Thu May 05, 2011 10:14 pm

The training speech amused her even more and she chuckled as she continued to grin at him. In the meantime the commander was moving her legs, calmly getting ready for the inevitable grab and throw maneuver he would be doing any moment now and once that happened she was on the move, springing from his body and doing a flip and roll to the ground then back into a crouch, one leg on the ground as the other's foot was beside it.

Nygozy lifted her head and looked up at him with a wink, "Oh yes I know all that. I would never have stood a chance with an ogre if I didn't. Now, I would love to play more. I see you would be excellent to train with but I have other things which must be dealt with and you and Ostef have some blood to spill with Drake."

She walked over to Rakot and put her hand out for a true handshake, one where they could clasp the other's elbow, "Thanks Rakot. You guys get back safe and sound so we can teach each other more tricks."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Thu May 05, 2011 10:22 pm

Rakot smiled and shook her hand.

"Very well then, Commander. I may not approve of your methods or decisions but you are a fighter of some skill, I can and I do respect that. I'm good for one thing, and one thing only, that is killing, so I will go do my job now. We'll be back shortly, and then we can continue conversing with our fists, it has been an enlightening conversation this time around."

Rakot walked out of the tent, motioning for Ostef to follow him.
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Thu May 05, 2011 11:53 pm

The commander nodded, not having much more to say to Rakot at the moment then smiled at Ostef, "Better get a move on before he puts more rocks in your pack. Take care of yourself and him as well. See you soon."

Once the two men were out of the tent and well on her way she turned back to Dice, "As for you, your actions are what started this mess in the first place. It was by your own disrespect that people within this camp reacted. It did get out of hand quickly and the resulting threats to the children was not required; however, it still stands that I cannot have another within my camp who disrespects authority and has no ability to follow commands. I respect that you are a good fighter but without discipline you are nothing to the Fereldan wardens."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Fri May 06, 2011 12:09 am

"I only brought the children into this because I was hoping he'd realize his actions were endangering more than himself. But had we had any real intent to harm the children based on his actions, they'd be dead right now. You really shouldn't be dealing death threats to people with potential hostages," Wolfram replied. He walked over next to Nygozy.

"Since you obviously know almost nothing about the Wardens, and since your likely not to be accepted by any of them, I'll leave you with this warning. When the nightmares grow in ferocity, say in about 20 to thirty years from now, you must embark on your Calling. Basically, you must return to the Deep Roads and kill as many Darkspawn as you possible can before you succumb to your injuries. And you must have them kill you. Otherwise, you will become but a pawn, forced to fight for the darkspawn for a small while before you die."

He looked down at her."Give me the word, commander, and I'll free him from my force field."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Fri May 06, 2011 1:03 am

Dice looked at Wolfram and smiled. "So you know Mage I went down there to die in the first place. My father was lost at Astigar my brother was wounded beyond healing and my mother died from grief. I had nothing else except a Land I didn't want so I gave it up. The Dwarves that went down there with me wanted the same thing a release from this world as did the Wardens we met there. When they did the Joining I begged them to let the blood take me but hey said they would not allow me to die like that. I have no fear of Death Mage I wanted to die for Two years. Those children made me come out when there father was using them as bait to lure out Darkspawn. I lost every Dwarf under my command. They gave there lives to save those kids you think I would allow there sacrifice to be in vain? You and every person who went near those children in intent to harm them would have died and that is not a threat that is a cold hard fact. Even if it killed me those Children or the Legacy of fifteen of the bravest Dwarves I have ever known."

Dice sat down leaning his head back against the bed. "You say i am not worth to be a Warden I tell you I never wanted to be one. I fought battle after battle waiting for something to kill me a spear or arrow or sword or axe I didn't care. I had nothing in this world and when I was splashed with that Ogre blood and felt it's poison enter my mouth It was the happiest day of my life. You thought I would be afraid of anyone here when my only desire for two years has been death. Most people have something to live for I lost mine a long time ago. Threaten my life, Kill me if it makes you feel good but go near those children, threaten them ever again and I swear by whatever god you worship I will find a way to kill you."
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Fri May 06, 2011 1:14 am

"...So much of that made no sense to me. What dwarves? I didn't hear anything about dwarves into now? Where did you meet a bunch of suicidal surface dwarfs in the first place? I'm going to assume those were wardens who were on their calling. The shouldn't have any of the stuff to perform a joining, especially since one took place at Ostagar and the Joining chalice was still there. Also, you traveled with these dwarfs for two years in the deep roads, yet they get killed trying to kill probably a meager amount of darkspawn that would have been left on the surface after the end of the blight."

None of this was making sense to him. "And you say all you wanted has been death. Hanging yourself, stabbing yourself with your sword, and alcohol poisoning are all better ways of getting yourself killed. Hell, you could have just bought a barrel full of those explosive lyrium bombs and blow you and who knows how many darkspawn up with you. Going around getting into fights just to hope that it's your last is not healthy. Hell, I could just stab you in the neck if you wanted to die so badly."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Fri May 06, 2011 1:28 am

dice looked at Wolfram like he was stupid and laughed throwing his head back. "You fool I would never have been allowed by the side of the Maker for taking my own lives. As for the Dwarves that was none of your business anyway no one here had earned that right. I only speak of it now because your Commander there is a Dwarf. As for the others I do not know nor do i care. And so you know the Dwarves and I were coming back from a Battle to take a path many were injured when we charged the Darkspawn. They had three ogres and too many of us were wounded, exhausted and tired. As for where the Dwarves came from go to Hells Gates you haven't earned that information."
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Fri May 06, 2011 1:49 am

"No, of course not. I'm pretty sure not even the First Warden has earned that right. Hell, none of the other four Grey Wardens who slew the previous Archdemons which ended the blights have earned that right. Why was if after finally two years, which at that point the blight was over, you got yourself into a battle that forced you top side where you ended up meeting three ogres, that in all honesty have no damn business being topside still. Are you sure you weren't seeing things and didn't attack three qunari instead? And this bit about not earning the right to know where you came across fifteen surface dwarfs, who could only have been of the warrior caste for them to survive so long with you. I'm pretty sure that even Andraste herself wouldn't have earned that information."

"So, lets check things off. You want to die, but you must have someone kill you. However, you seem to have a belief that the twenty or so people gathered here can't do the deed, or won't. Next, you don't believe there is any one living or dead who has actually earned the right or privilege to know anything about how you managed to gather more than a dozen surface dwarfs who want nothing else but to return to the stone. You also believe that, from your encounter with a couple of Grey Wardens that must have been on their calling, yet decided to bring archdemon blood and some other ingredients, provided a Joining needed to be performed, which just doesn't happen by the way, are enough for you to come up with a good idea of whether the living Wardens you meet are actually an improvement or a detriment to the Wardens. I think I've covered everything."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Fri May 06, 2011 2:18 am

Dice sighed closing his eyes looking at Wolfram. "Wolfram he person who kills me has to kill me on there own a Warriors death if I am to ever stand in the Ranks of the Warriors of the Maker. Taking your life is forbidden and if any twenty here can they are welcome to try. And as for the Wardens ask them if you see them in the Afterlife they did it not me I was just the object at the time. And they were not Qunari I know Ogres when i see them I killed enough to know a Ogre from a Qunari. I lost them because I failed as a leader. And we didn't have much choice to go up a man was using his children to lure Darkspawn. he hoped to kill one and get it's head as a trophy. I lost all my Command because I made a mistake and they died. I failed as there leader and they paid for my mistakes. What else do you want from me Mage?"
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Fri May 06, 2011 2:34 am

"Well, it looks like we made some progress here,"Although I would have rather seen in beaten out of him Wolfram thought. "Your finally showing humility for the first time today. And while I'll contest the existence of a place by the maker exclusive to warriors that died in combat, I think I trust you just enough that you won't try to kill me when I put down the forcefield. Hey, and look at that. If the threat was actually real, you just came under the hour mark. I think I'll keep it up for a little longer, unless the commander says otherwise. Just to make sure no one tries attacking you before you leave."

"Commander, I'll take my leave for now. Just send someone to inform me that he is cleared to leave and I'll drop the force field." Wolfram said as he began walking away, just slow enough to see if Dice had anything else to say before he left.
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lobo Fri May 06, 2011 3:33 am

From out of the shadows a strange green creatures came forth, everyone in camp knew him as Lobo. A curious, funny creature who seemed to have to much time on his hands for mischief.

"Lobo got turned around. Where Lobo?" he asked looking around.

"Who that? He look mean. No scary. Lobo no scared."

Lobo went closer to the deranged berserker, standing on his tippy toes to get a closer look.

"That bad man? Lobo hear fight. Lobo stay away. Lobo no like fight."

He sniffed the air, then sniffed closer to the being known as Dice, "Uh oh. Lobo no like. Cards Tell Lobo 'bout bad man."

Lobo reached into his mysterious satchel that for some reason seemed to carry far more than it was able.

He produced a single card and showed it to Wolfram, the image of a reaper on the front. "Card say Death."

He reached in a took out another card, again showed it to the blood mage. This time is was a man with seven swords thrust through his body, "Card say dishonor. Lobo have one more."

He took out a 3rd card this one showed a man carrying five swords, "Card say..D..i..s..c.o..r...Uh Lobo no know word. Card mean bad man. Card mean dark hear. Card mean evil."

He flicked the three cards into the ground, where the edge of the card embedded itself.

Before anyone could blink, they burst into flames, leaving behind a pile of ash.

Lobo shoot his head, his large over sized ear flapping, "Make bad man go away." He reached into his satchel one more time, producing a small golden cube. It seemed to pulsate and glow, giving off an almost warm aura.

He tapped the cube, it made an eerie hollow sound, "Fade Cube. Throw at bad man. Bad Man go to fade. Demon eat Bad man."

He tossed the cube gently to Wolfram. He climbed up onto a chair, taking out a piece of cheese from his satchel, he sniffed it. He looked at it for a moment, cocking his head to the side, before he broke off piece and threw one to Nygozy Before it had even landed in her hand, he had devoured the cheese, swallow it whole.
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Fri May 06, 2011 4:29 am

Wolfram looked down at the object in his hand. If what that thing, wasn't it Kraven's?, said was true...this could send a person into the fade. Presumably body and soul. Was Kraven testing him? Or was Lobo acting on his own? It was tempting...almost as tempting as just keeping the cube and studying it. However, considering how dangerous it is supposed to be, he'd probably activate it and get sent to the Fade with no way back.

He looked back at Dice before looking back at the cube. It offered Dice a way to die a warriors death, killing as many demons as possible until he succumbs to his wounds. And unless Jezarine enters the fade after him, he won't have any way to heal himself. "Dice. If you'd rather hurry to your death in combat, this cube will offer you that way out. Instead of darkspawn, you'd come to face all manner of demons, those of pride, desire, sloth, and rage, and what ever else finds it home in the Fade. I can tell you it won't be an easy task. Pride demons are particularly tricky when your fighting them alone. Even more so when you don't have spells to keep them restrained. Know that, presumably, its a one way trip. If you choose that option, I recommend making a will, or a good bye letter."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun May 08, 2011 3:11 pm

"That is quite enough." Nygozy stated as she looked at both Wolfram and Lobo, "You two will sit down and let me do the talking. There have been too much miscommunication and posturing today. Even better, Wolfram, please go see to Calliara and make sure all is alright with her and let down the forcefield. Let me take that fade thing. Lobo," She ruffled his hair and smiled at the little minion, "You can stay if you like or go."

She turned back to Dice, "You and I will have a discussion without anyone else around to interrupt."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sun May 08, 2011 3:14 pm

Dice looked at Nygozy and nodded sitting down as he laid back against the bed. "As you wish Lady Nygozy I believe we have much to discuss." Dice sounded tired but more than that he sounded just plain beaten not by people but by life itself.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Sun May 08, 2011 3:29 pm

Wolfram walked over to Nygozy and carefully handed her the cube. "Be careful with that, it sounds like a one way trip. And while I'd like to study it, Ferelden is much more appealing than the fade."

He walked out of the tent in search of Calliara, dispelling the force field when he got far enough away.
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun May 08, 2011 6:43 pm

"I will remember that, Wolfram." She smiled at him then looked at the cube and waited for the mage to leave.

Once Wolfram was gone she looked up at Dice, "Now, we are mostly alone so I don't want any more nugshit. You were giving Wolfram incorrect answers, lying to him I believe. So let's get to this. What is your name and how did you find those children?"
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sun May 08, 2011 6:51 pm

Dice sighed and looked at the Commander. "My name is Dice Matrix I am a Arl my Castle is two days from here. I found the children outside a cave being used as bait by there father who was hunting Darkspawn for a trophy. Me and my command were coming back from a.....Hunt of sorts we called it a death call which is when we throw ourselves against large numbers in the hopes we die. We won but many were injured badly. The cave was pure luck we heard a scream and we charged hoping for another Death Call but when we saw children we threw away our selfish reasons for death and fought to save them. I lost everyone and myself was wounded....Fatally. I am dying Commander but I hoped to get the kids to my sisters before I passed."

Dice sighed closing his eyes a vein twitching. "I lied I am not a Gray Warden but we did meet some there...I drank too much Darkspawn Blood you know what happens after that. The Wardens didn't have the necessary whatever they use to make me a Warden. I am on a slow death not the way I wanted to go but my friends died for those kids and they will be given a new home. It wasn't hard to claim to be a Warden many don't question it. Is there anything else Commander?"
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun May 08, 2011 7:07 pm

Finally the man was telling the truth of it all and she was glad of it, "You do realize that if you continue on with those children that you may find yourself changing into a ghoul before you even got to your home?"

She looked at the cube but kept a watch on him from under her eyelids.

Last edited by Nygozy on Sun May 08, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sun May 08, 2011 7:09 pm

Shade chuckled staring at the ceiling. "The wardens said I would have just enough time to get there and leave before it happened after that well half of Fereldan will be out to kill me not that it will matter much. I have to get those kids home then whatever happens happens. I will die one way or the other."
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun May 08, 2011 8:04 pm

"True enough but if you change on the way, or shortly after you leave then you will kill more than you have saved." She said in a no nonsense tone, "What do you intend to do about that?"
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum