Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Duty's Call I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Duty's Call I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Duty's Call I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Duty's Call I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Duty's Call I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Duty's Call I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Duty's Call I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Duty's Call I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Duty's Call I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Duty's Call

3 posters

Go down

Duty's Call Empty Duty's Call

Post  Drake Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:38 pm

Drake sat on a rock, his wrist draped over one knee and fingers tapping said body part while looking in the direction of Orzammar with a snarl upon his lips. He was angry. Very very angry.

How something like this could happen under his watch was a hindrance which made the shifter feel like tearing things apart, which was a reason he chose a spot away from the actual camp to speak with the team he was assembling to go after those who had crossed his path and made him look the fool. He'd go himself but there was too much to do here. Or could he?

He thought it over carefully as he still glared into the distance awaiting Ostef and Rakot. The two he could count on to kill whether Nygozy wanted them to or not.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Duty's Call Empty Re: Duty's Call

Post  UncleVanya Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:17 pm

The two warriors found themselves walking towards the rallying point, summoned by Drake.

"So...."

"You got something to say?"

"We're Gray Wardens now, nightmares and everything..."

"Not what you expected?"

"Not quite....don't feel much different, to be honest. You hear stories of Gray Wardens, they're supposed to be mighty warriors, and I am one now, and I am still just me."

"Well, thats why I told you before not to be so eager to believe in bullshit. Anyways, thats Drake right there...."

The duo continued down the path until they stepped in front of the shapeshifter.

"Warden Hemlin and Warden Ziker reporting for duty. What are your orders? Do we finally get to kill something, or someone?"

Last edited by UncleVanya on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:31 pm

His eyes moved before his head did and he stared at the two. He'd heard them long before they had gotten to him but had not reacted, waiting on how they would address everything. It seemed that no one knew he was not a warden. That was convenient for him.

"We've had a magical attack on the Gray Warden Commander. It was instituted many months ago and created to react at a specific time frame. I'm sure by now you have heard that she had fallen at the end of the joining ceremony."

Drake fully turned and looked both men in the eyes before continuing, "It was actually an attack that was meant to take out both Nygozy and Kraven but only got the commander due to changes their seer had not known about. I know you don't give a royal dump about that elven being and to be honest I'm not too caring about that matter either. However, Nygozy is my concern. so yes. Yes you do get to kill."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Rakot grinned, getting excited.

"Well then, don't keep me waiting. You must know by now how it is with me. Point me towards the enemy and watch the fireworks, or don't watch, I'll do the wet work regardless."

"And you know me...I go in head first into danger and bleed. Cause I'm courageous....and such.....yeaaah."

UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:11 pm

"That is exactly what I figured and it's a reason Nygozy did choose the two of you. There are missions others won't touch." He admitted and took a deep breath, "The problem is that only Sinjan or I know exactly what to look for and I'm debating on which one of us should go with you. I am probably the better bet of the two."

He waited for a moment then smirked, "Don't worry. I'm not bossy and I don't intend to get in anyone's way. I know better than to get in the way except to help find. The rest, well, that's your job not mine."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:41 pm

''So I get to know before you three leave what are you planning to do with two Wardens without telling me?'' Calliara's voice came from the shadows that some trees made. She wasn't expecting to go unnoticed though, and that's why she was just waiting there, arms folded and an icy look.

''Don't you think I have enough to worry about without you three plotting Creators know what?'' Her voice was as icy as her eyes, but the real meaning was there. Were you going to let me find out that you're not here when you're already gone without telling me?
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:39 pm

Of course he had noticed well before Calliara arrived that she was on the way to see them and he also knew why. His eyes moved to lookcat her, unwavering and strong, "We were not to leave tonight. The men deserve their party for surviving concentrated pain and I was going to inform you of the fact that we were embarking on a mission."

He stepped down from his location on the rock and was beside her faster than she could react, "Nygozy had not yet told you that these two were to be under my command for 'special duties' but this is so. You can ask her when she returns. No one is going anywhere until morning."

Drake showed no throat to her, being just as decisive and controlled as he was with Nygozy as his friend ruled him no more than he ruled her and he would accept nothing less, even from his love.

Last edited by Drake on Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:48 pm

Calliara stared at him, unblinking. What a surprise, of course he did not understand. To hell with him.

The Wolf nodded slowly. ''She hadn't had the time to tell me, but that wasn't my point. If you think that I need to ask her to know if you had told me the truth, go to hell''

Calliara's icy eyes moved slowly to stare at Rakot and Ostef, not moving more than that.

''Go, eat, and rest. From this moment on, both of you are under Drake's command. I don't think I need to remind you what I do with those that displease me. Before you leave with Drake, you two will meet me. It's an order. Now go''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:14 pm

Drake tilted his head slightly when she told him to go to hell but did not relent or stand down. He looked at her without changing his expression even though she was being frustrating with the way she was acting. There had to be a reason to it. Now to just find it without being demanding or subservient.

"I did say that we were not leaving tonight." He pointed out, "Which also means that I was going to discuss this venture with you as you are Nygozy's first in Warden matters. I mentioned that you could ask Nygozy as you did accuse me of setting up plans behind backs in a manner which could be detrimental."

He turned his head to look her directly in the eyes, "If you react as if I am being deceitful then I am going to respond as if you do not trust me."

(((OOC: Edited above post for adding speaking colour.)))
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:26 pm

Calliara looked as if she had been chewing a lemon. Where the heck did the talk jumped out of the window? And why were they arguing, again? As if she had nothing better to be busy about...

''I don't like being left behind'' She hissed through clenched teeth. ''All kind of things happen when I've been sent away or left behind. Of course I forgot you're invincible'' The Wolf finished with iced irony.

Lowering her tone, she looked right in his eyes. ''If you think I'm going to apologize for being terrified of you disappearing or not returning from the missions you get into, you're wrong. Now that things are clear, continue planning whatever is what you're going to drag these two into. I trust you enough to know that you'll come back, or that you'll tell me at least where are you going before you leave. Just remember this: if you dare to not come back alive to me, I swear that I'll look for you and kick your sodding arse out of your grave until you bleed again so I could kill you myself''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:33 pm

A brow rose and Drake listened to her, confused and derailed but he did not show it on his face except for the brow being high. What was this that she was talking about? Didn't he just tell her that he was going to discuss it with her?

He waited out the tirade and nodded, "Then the men will have to make sure I do not die then or if I do to make sure I am not revivable for your after death ministrations of torture to my failed body." He gave her a slight smirk then went back to his normal expression, "We shall speak later as you wish; however, I believe we both have duties we must perform as I need to instruct my men upon requirements for the morrow. If you will call a truce?" The last was spoken a bit more gently but not enough to make it sound like he was being pussy whipped.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:41 pm

"Then the men will have to make sure I do not die then or if I do to make sure I am not revivable for your after death ministrations of torture to my failed body."

''Tell them to be sure that they bury you very, very, very, very deep in that case'' She offered him her small, shy smile. She was still feeling uncertain about all that though. Finally, she nodded and muttered a muffled and sweet Abelas [Sorry]

''No truce. You were right and I was wrong. Just don't get used to it''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:00 pm

He winked at her, "I will do my best to not become smug. You must be hungry. Maybe it is time you see to that party yourself. We will not be much longer."

Drake waited for her to leave then turned his head to look at Rakot and Ostef, "You hear that men? You are to bury me very deep if I die on this mission."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:38 pm

"Well, now we know who wears the pants in that relationship...the knowledge got forced on us in fact."

"Come on Rakot, be nice to the....Ser Drake? Not sure what rank you are exactly Ser, or if Wardens even have ranks besides Commander."

"Should we practice for the mission ahead by burying him now?"

"I had my fill of digging holes in Lothering to be honest, no need to practice, I have sufficient mastery of the burying skill."

"Well that's sorted out then."

Rakot turned to face Drake and grinned.

"Do you have anything else for us, oh glorious leader? Ostef can stay and braid your hair, I can watch in disgust and make blunt comments about your lack of balls."
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:52 pm

"She wears the confuse the fuck out of me pants." He snorted, "Name is Drake and Drake only. No Commander or anything like that. I'm not a warden."

Drake turned and grinned, "My jobs are not the pleasant ones much of the time. I deal with the sneaky and the deadly and it is all on my own operational status. Nygozy is the big boss but that's for everyone else. I stand by her because it is my choice."

He smirked, "Actually, braiding my hair might be an idea. Lack of balls? Not in the least. I just know how to make it so I don't have to chase cows." He waggled his brows at Rakot.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:06 pm

"I didn't chase it! It was just standing there and....oh I see what you did there, nicely played. All nug shit aside, where are we going and who are we killing? And you do realize that neither of us do sneaky? We do bloodbaths."

"And also kid's birthday parties part-time."

"Don't remind me....first mission after two weeks of training...I rode on the back of a tainted bronto through a birthday cake, while stopping a small darkspawn raid on some village in the middle of nowhere. The thing mauled me pretty good, I mauled it back a lot better. Couldn't get that sticky frosting out of my chainmail for four days..."

"And the village folk hailed us as heroes, except little Timmy, he called us assholes...was a bit unexpected from a seven year old. Sure we ruined his party, but I mean come on, darkspawn killing is serious business, collateral damage is to be expected. We saved everyone, we were heroes, Maker damn it! Heroes!"

"You also banged his older sister."

"I did it heroically!"
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:24 pm

Drake smirked and shook his head, "Glad you enjoyed that one, nug nuts. I never expected you to be sneaky. You're as sneaky as a bronto in a vase hut and just as ripe. The reason Nygozy gave you to me is because we are willing to do dirty jobs that most others cringe to even think of. You're part of the brawn."

He laughed at the story and grinned, "Yeh that's a good one awright. Anyway, we are off tomorrow morning to find whoever put the magical whammy on Nygozy. We will find him. We will get information from him and anyone he is working with and we will kill him. Since this was planned I am figuring that there is a den of the bastards which makes it a plausible fun time for all."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:04 am

''Party? What party? I yet have to speak with Sinjan, Griffinhart, Iauron, Kassina, and then fight with Lithawen to make sure she understands she is under my command now or else she can go back to Orlais. Hungry? I can't remember the last time I ate'' Calliara huffed, the stressed expression returning to her eyes.

She started to leave, but stopped and looked at Rakot and Ostef. ''In the morning, before you leave. Meet me. It's an order''

Then, the Wolf was gone
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Sun May 01, 2011 8:00 am

As the wolf left, Ostef looked at Rakot with a puzzled expression on his face.

"What crawled up her arse?"

"She is a woman, Ostef, don't try to begin to understand how her head works, you may go mad."

"Well, I guess we'll have to meet her, its an order and all. Judging from the sounds of the party back at camp, they got ale, so we will be hung over, great."

Rakot turned to face Drake.

"We got the gist of the mission ahead of us. Is there anything else you need to tell us, or can we go enjoy the festivities with the rest of the friendly woodland critters?"
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sun May 01, 2011 11:15 am

Drake shook his head, "Nothing more. I will meet with you here in the morning after you meet with Calliara. Don't hurry yourself as I don't mind waiting." In fact he wanted to have a relaxing morning by himself so even if they got to him by noon he did not care.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down