Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Checking the cubs I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Checking the cubs I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Checking the cubs I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Checking the cubs I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Checking the cubs I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Checking the cubs I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Checking the cubs I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Checking the cubs I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Checking the cubs I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Checking the cubs

+3
Takara
Khael
Calliara
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Checking the cubs Empty Checking the cubs

Post  Calliara Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:47 pm

Now that everyone was in camp, the Wolf could get things done.

Tents: checked. Everyone had where to sleep.

Firepits: a big one in the middle of the camp, another two to be sure that the tents nearby had their heat as well.

The wagons with the supplies: protected in the middle, close to the biggest firepit but no so close so any lost flame could do any damage.

Horses: checked. All of them were clean, brushed, fed and petted, and they were feeling happy and sleepy now.

Mabaris: The four of them (Torture, Argos and Tiberius) were fed, and Fenrir was trying to get the three oldest ones to play with him. It was curious to see that the four of them were males.

The was some trouble a bit far away from where she was standing, counting the bags with the food, but Nygozy was there as well as many others, and she really had to get that done.

Finally, when she was quite content with it, the Wolf sighed and stood. Now the last of her tasks.

See how the cubs were doing.

With a bag full of sweet buns, she walked over where she knew the youngest ones were staying, such as Khael, Takara, Kassina, Dartmoor, Cestrah... Surely Maghai was there too. Maybe a bit of senseless talk would make her feel less tense
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Checking the cubs Empty Re: Checking the cubs

Post  Khael Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:14 pm

After checking on the dragon situation and making sure everything was okay Khael and Takara went back to the fire to continue their lessons.

Khael was helping Takara write her letters when he looked up to see the white haired elf that had rescued them a few days before. "Hello there Wolf! How are you this evening?" He called out to her with a wave.

Takara was completely absorbed in her efforts to write the words Khael had set and didn't take her eyes off the page.
Khael
Khael

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:19 pm

"Hello there Wolf! How are you this evening?"

Calliara smiled and walked over where both the youngsters where staying and... practicing Takara's writing?

''I am fine, cub, thanks for asking. But I came to ask you if you were alright, if you need anything or there's some problem I can deal with'' She offered them a pair of sweet buns. ''I hope our not so easy travel hadn't sore any of you. I promise that these kind of things doesn't happen every day. I mean dragons appearing from nowhere, things exploding and such''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Khael Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:30 pm

"Thanks" Khael said as he accepted a bun and took a big bite. Takara nodded her thanks and munched slowly as she continued to write.

"We're free so we're quite excellent thank you. A few close encounters with dragons are a small price to pay for freedom." He stopped and though for a minute and then looked up at her. "You don't happen to know were we could get a few books from do you? Like those meant for children? The only ones I have are far too hard for Takara right now."
Khael
Khael

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:37 pm

Surprisingly enough, the Wolf laughed.

''Gimme a minute''

And with that, she parted. Like ten minutes later she was back, carrying a bag with books, and sat down with them, starting to show them the books that she had: some old tale books, some song books, one or two history books, two or three in Orlesian language and then some children books.

''I use these to improve my own reading and writing almost non existant skills. Jezarine is helping me with the Orlesian language. Because I am Nygozy's lieutenant, I have to learn some other languages to help her dealing with things and such. Do you think Takara would like some of these?''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Takara Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:49 pm

Takara was just finishing up her writing practice when the wolf returned. She stared at all the books in wide eyed astonishment. "I... I've never seen.. so many books! I'm just learning my letters. This is the first time I've ever written on paper. It is... very different than writing on wood or cement with chalk. Much h.. harder." She couldn't seem to tear her eyes away from the books.

"I've tried to teach her with the materials I had," Khael explained, "But they don't give fighting slaves much access to books or paper. My parents planned for me to be an apprentice in town when I was old enough so I learned my letters and my sums."

"C.. can I see one of those pl.. please?" Takara asked pointing at the children's books.
Takara
Takara

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:53 pm

''See?'' Calliara smiled and shook her head, handing the children books to Takara ''You can have them. They are yours now, cub''

The Wolf leaned her back against the nearest tree, acommodating herself on the ground and sighing with content now that she wasn't trying to get things prepared for everyone but her. ''Apprentice of what, Khael?''

Fenrir appeared and almost jumped on the young dwarf's lap, with some flowers and grass in his mouth and squealing in excitement. His little paws were dirty too, but the pup looked absolutely happy
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Takara Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:03 pm

"Mine?" Takara squeaked "Oh no no no, I.. I couldn't!" the young mage stammered. She had never owned anything in her whole life and this was just too much. "I... I..."

"I think the word your looking for is thank you, little sister." Khael said with a chuckle. "One of my sister in law's parents owned a carpentry shop. They had only the one daughter, so I was to apprentice in her place since her and my oldest brother were set to take over the farm. It's all gone now of course." He said with a sad look in his eye.

Then he shook his head and looked at the books. "Try reading this one." He said, handing one of the children's books to Takara who still looked totally shocked.

Takara took the book with wide eyes and just turned it over in her hands several times before opening the cover and staring at the words. "O.. on.. once u.. upon a time.." she began.
Takara
Takara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lobo Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:04 pm

Lobo seemed to come from no where, his body materializing in front of the group.

"Lobo smell food. Lobo smell sweet buns." The green little creature licked his lips, his eyes wide with excitement.

Then before anyone could respond he saw the books, "Oooo...Lobo like books. Read Lobo story? Lobo like stories! Lobo know stories. Lobo need more stories! Lobo always need more stories." He jumped up and down clapping his hands, before plopping himself down next to Takara. He leaned in close, trying to see the book she was holding.
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:13 pm

''Here, Lobo'' Calliara laughed and offered him one of the buns, then kept listening to Takara

But first, she patted Khael's shoulder gently

''I am sorry, da'len. It seems almost everyone here had lost someone loved''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm

Kassina came running toward the group by the fire almost tripping on her feet in her excitement. "Stories? Kassina hear stories! Hi Lobo! Hi wolf!" She called out happily spotting the two she knew. "Wolf know stories? Tell stories!"

Then Kassina spotted Fenrir and seemed to get even more excited. She was having so much fun since she met the wardens. "Fenrir! Look Kassina learn!" And with that she shifted into her new mabari form. The transformation wasn't yet as smooth as her others but a few seconds later a golden female mabari stood in her place. She barked happily and ran over to sniff the puppy.
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Takara Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Takara halted in her reading and gasped in suprise when the small strange creature appeared beside her. Suddenly he was leaning in over her book and she didn't know what to do. She looked frantically to Khaal for help but he was laughing himself silly over the situation.

"Ummm.. h.. hello. Lobo? I.. I'm Takara. I.. I can't read very w.. well. Maybe you want to read it? She asked and offered him the book.

Before she could fret anymore a blond elven woman about her own age came running toward them bubbling like a happy puppy. She spoke quickly but brokenly like an excited small child. Then as suddenly as she appeared she seemed to dissapear. But wait.. was that a mabari? Was this woman one of the shifters she had been told about? Takara just sat with her mouth open looking about her totally bewildered as Khael laughed at her even harder.

"I'm sorry little sister, but your look is priceless!" Khael gasped between chuckles. "Oh it feels good to laugh again!" he said as the chuckles began to subside.
Takara
Takara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lobo Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:56 pm

Lobo looked up at the human female, cocking his head to one side. He had a look of concern in his eyes as he reached up as if to touch the marks on her face, "Poor lady hurt?" totally ignoring the book that was offered to him. He reached into his satchel and withdrew a small round clear flask; a thick red liquid swirled inside.

The creature offered the vial to Takara, "This help lady." Then he demonstrated by opening the vial, putting his finger over the opening and turning it upside down for just a quick second.

A small red drop of the liquid could be seen on the end of his finger. He gently rubbed it on the side of his face in small slow circles. Even though he had no scar, the blemishes on his skin quickly disappeared. His cheek was left feeling smooth and free of any marks that were there before.

He eyes twinkled as he smiled up at dark haired woman; again offering her the small vial of red liquid.

Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post  Takara Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:40 pm

Takara stared at the strange creature for a minute unable to speak. Slowly she reached up and felt the scar and tattoo on her face, the marks of her slavery. "A... are you s... saying you co.. could fix this? W... would the tattoo go away t... too or j... ust the scar under it?"

Takara just continued to stare at the little man with her hand on her cheek unable to imagine what it would be like not to be branded a slave. She had born the mark for so long.
Takara
Takara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lobo Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:03 am

"Take everything away. Even make skin soft. Lobo skin soft now."

Lobo patted Takara's leg, "Lobo give. Liquid yours. Lobo no need." he grinned again, the smile seemed to take up his whole face.

Lobo placed the vial in her hand and closed it over the vial. Before she could respond, he jumped up and ran over to the mabari pup tackling him. He growled playful with the pup as they rolled around on the ground together.
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsubori Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:16 am

As Cestrah nervously walked towards the fire with the others, she saw three people she recognized, and three that she didn't. The small man who was talking to one of the other girls seemed very odd... Like nothing she'd ever seen. She saw Kassina, Dartmoor and Calliara, and ran towards the three. She stopped next to the fire and sat down on the ground. "Hi Kassina, hi Dartmoor! Lady Calliara, I-it's been a while. How have you been?" She said with a small smile.
Tsubori
Tsubori

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:09 pm

Kassina looked up from her play with Fenrir as Dartmoor and Cestrah came to the fire. She barked happily and ran akwardly toward them barking and wagging her stumpy tail. The mabari tail was so much different than the wolf tail she was used to.

The golden mabari happily ran a few laps around the two and then went to dog pile on Fenrir and Lobo. As every minute passed she seemed to gain more control over her body and legs.
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Khael Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:21 pm

Khael watched the events around him in silence for a few minutes. After laughing at Takara's reaction to the little creature who was apparently called Lobo he had to contain his shock as a blond elf came running toward them and then turned into a mabari.

"Th... thank you."Takara stuttered as she accepted the vial from the strange little man. She just sat staring at the bottle in shock as the creature ran off.

Before Khael could react more people showed up. An elven man came chasing after the elf woman, or mabari, or whatever she was. Then a young timid looking human girl slowly came into the fire light. He guessed he shouldn't really call her a girl as she was about his own age. She reminded him a lot of Takara when they'd first met. "Come on little sister, let's go say hi." He said to Takara, taking her hand and pulling her to her feet. She slid the vial into a pocket in her robes and followed him to the others.

"Hi there, my name's Khael." The young dwarf said as he walked up to the new arrivals. "This here is Takara." Takara just gave a small lopsided smile as she was introduced and scuffed at the dirt with her feet.
Khael
Khael

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:35 pm

Fenrir howled with delight when Lobo and Kassina started to play with him, and soon the three were a bunch of legs, ears and two waving tails

Calliara smiled when Cestrah joined them, but shook her head.

''Cestrah, please, just Calliara. You can also call me Cal, as my cousin does, Calli, as many do, or Wolf, as almost everyone. I am no lady'' The Wolf chuckled

Surrounded by cubs. Her motherly heart was delighted
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:35 pm

Kassina looked up as the others she didn't know stood up and introducted themselves. She gave Fenrir a lick then barked and ran over to the new people and began siffing their legs before barking happily and running around crazily some more. She was much more steady on her legs now, barely falling at all.

The mabari ran over to Dartmoor and stood up, putting her paws on his chest and barking happily. The next moment the mabari shifted and grew and was the blond elf once again. "Dartmoor!" she exclaimed happily, her hands still on his chest where her paws had been. She had her body pressed close against his for a moment before she darted off again to talk to the new people.

"Kassina. Nice meet you!" she said, standing infront of the other two bouncing slightly on the balls of her feet. She looked at the human for a minute with her head cocked to the side. "Ta... taka? Mage like Kassina!"
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Takara Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:09 pm

Takara watched wide eyed as the mabari became an elf once more. How did she do that? Watching the mabari/elf woman bounce around was kind of making her dizzy. Then the girl was speaking to her. "Y... yes, i'm a m...mage. I c.. can't change like you though. I can j.. just heal. N... nice to meet you all." Takara replied slowly.

Khael laughed as Dartmoor introduced himself. "Sounds like an excellent job description to me." The dwarf said, "Your friend there sure seems to have a lot of energy." Then the dwarf turned to the white haired elf. "Singing? Are you a bard miss Wolf?"
Takara
Takara

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:20 am

Calliara nodded, her back leaned against the nearest tree stump.

''Yes, I am a bard. And please Khael, don't call me 'miss'. I am no such thing'' She answered with a chuckle.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:35 am

"Sing? What sing? Is like stories?" Kassina asked looking curiously at the white haired elf. Then she looked over to Dartmoor. "Dartmoor sing? Show show!" She said excited running back over to him and tugging on his sleeve. She didn't know why but she really enjoyed being close to him. There was something about his scent that she couldn't identify but that she really enjoyed.
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:24 pm

"Oh yes yes. Sing!" Kassina replied happily. She wiggled a bit to get comfortable in Dartmoor's lap and sighed happily as she laid her head back against his shoulder. Kassina still wasn't quite sure about physical contact with most people, but with Dartmoor it just somehow felt so right.
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Khael Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:28 pm

"Dwarves don't sing." Khael growled mockingly, trying to sound like many of the drunk surley dwarves he had met over the years. In truth he loved singing although he probably wasn't very good at it. Chuckling he went to sit back by the fire with the others.

Like Kassina, Takara didn't have very much experiance with signing. She had heard others sing, mostly drinking songs, but had never sung herself. "I... I think i'll just l... listen for n.. now." She said quietly as she went to sit beside Khael.
Khael
Khael

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum