Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Shifting Times I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Shifting Times I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Shifting Times I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Shifting Times I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Shifting Times I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Shifting Times I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Shifting Times I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Shifting Times I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Shifting Times I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Shifting Times

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shifting Times Empty Shifting Times

Post  Drake Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:19 pm

((From https://dragonageafter.forumotion.com/t305-vk-maadox-shade-tatsoo-ianto-jezarine-royce-and-gunnar))

Drake flew down and dropped to the ground, changing into a white wolf that was even larger than Shade's version. He strode out to beside Shade and waited for him to reassure Tatsoo that all was fine.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shifting Times Empty Re: Shifting Times

Post  Elenri Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:45 pm

Shade walked beside the larger white wolf noting it wasn't that much bigger as he looked over at Drake and growled. "Ok so about these visions do you see them too? A large dragon bigger than any calling you in your head when you turn into one. I feel puny compared to what I saw and it screams to be free and I feel like I should. Do you have any ideas?". Shade looked at the wolf with hope wondering if the other Shape-shifter had any ideas he needed to know.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:06 pm

The white wolf strode along in an almost ambling manner but for others it was still a fast gait which the horses were not catching up to in their calm trot. He kept sniffing the air to make sure all was well but was also listening intently to Shade.

"That is not an uncommon dream for anyone who can change into a dragon." Drake said as he looked to Shade, "The elven god who created dragons has been trying to get free of his prison for a long time but none have been able to find him. He seems to use the image of a dragon to make dragons accept him."

Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:34 pm

Shade trotted next to the larger wolf sniffing the air every few steps to make sure nothing was coming. He listened to Drake's information for only a fool would ask a question than deny a answer he hadn't had before. "So it's not a dragon? It felt so real like it was right on the other side of he veil and reaching out. I could feel it's eyes on me like that of a Father looking at a proud son but it may be my own wishes that are giving it power. I just wish I could talk to it." Shade looked back at the group than turned his head back to scout. "I apoligize for the dragon thing it makes me feel safer in the air then being a bird does. Plus I'm faster, stronger, and can not only see ahead but I can read the weather for days just by the thermals in the air. To be honest nothing feels more right than when i am in my dragon body.".
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:07 pm

There was a sudden flash and a crack of lightning.

Suddenly all that could be heard were cries of terror, "ON NO!!! LOBO FALLING!!! HELP!!!"

It stopped and a child like giggle replaced the screams. A loud thud filled the air as something impacted the ground, sending a shower of dirt and grass into the air.

"Lobo ok. Lobo fine." a strange child like voice said.

A small green creature crawled out of the small crater left by his impact.

"Master always playing jokes." he chuckled as he starting brushing the dirt from his tunic. He checked his satchel, making sure it was secure. His hand fiddled with a flute that hung from it; he gave a sigh of relief as he realize that the flute was undamaged in his fall.

He picked his hat up off the ground; putting it back on his head.

With wide eyes, a toothy grin and a friendly wave he ran towards the two wolves.

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:48 pm

"Being large and strong would make anyone feel safer. Think about it. Look at us. We could have changed into regular sized wolves yet what did we choose? Wolves many times the size of any normal wolf. As for changing into a dragon, that was the wrong time and place." He barked, looked back at where Shade had looked then glanced at the young man with a heady grin then trotted along a bit faster, "You keep looking back." He noted.

As there was noise in the sky Drake looked up to see what it was then backed up a couple of steps as Lobo dropped onto the ground. His shoulders sank and he shook his head as the creature went directly towards them, "Great."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:28 am

Shade growled jokingly before giving in and nodded looking back at Tatsoo. "I care for her alot but she wouldn't want me coddling her she knows how to take care of herself. But I need her more than she really thinks.". Shade looked at Drake and pondered the question before shaking his head. "No it's not the power it gives me it's the feeling of being completely in my place. Any other form feels like a mask or a extra skin even my real form feels like that sometimes but I have none of these things when I am a dragon it feels Natural."

His head shot up as he looked at the little creature and growled baring his fangs as he sniffed the air but could not detect anything else. He moved forward keeping the thing in sight as his hackles rose making him look even Larger. "What is that thing Drake?"
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:16 am

"Lobo not thing. Lobo is Lobo. Lobo always Lobo never thing. Silly puppy." The creature says in response; shaking his head at Shade.

"Lobo like puppies. Puppies soft"

Lobo looked at the large red wolf, "Lobo no scared of puppy. Puppy not puppy. Lobo knows"

"Master watching red puppy. Red puppy Shade."

Lobo looked confused and scratching his head, "How shade be puppy? Shade scary demon thing.Oh well. Lobo no need know. Master sent Lobo. Lobo watch Shade puppy."

Lobo thinks for a moment, then his eyes light up, "Lobo ride puppy? Lobo feet hurt."

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:12 pm

Drake smiled at Shade, "So the honeydew has caught your attention. She is rather pretty and exotic. As for how you feel, of course you do. You have some dragon blood in you."

He looked back at Lobo and sighed. Lobo was not quite as annoying as Maghai but he could test one's patience when he kept wanting to ride something. The fact that Lobo was even there and watching Shade for his master concerned Drake enough that he nudged the little man thing with his head.

"Kraven has set you the task of watching over Shade?" Drake walked around Lobo, checking him over with his wolf senses, "Your 'boss' is interested in a lot of Elves and he has a nasty curiosity for some things." He stated, hinting about the shards that had pierced much of his flesh not that long ago, "I'm thinking that Shade is not going to allow you to ride him. Why don't you go ask someone with a horse to let you join them?"

The shape changer glanced back and thought of Tatsoo as one to have Lobo ride with her but shook his head at the thought.

Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:40 pm

Shade chuckled looking over at the wolf. "My attention, My adoration, My heart just to name three. As for the dragon blood that must be why i can turn into a dragon ha that means the old lady was dragon blood as well should have guessed who she was but I was young and naive then. So you go dragon blood in your veins as well?".

Shade looked at the little creature and shrugged reaching around he picked him up like a puppy and placed him on his back and continued forward. "If the little creature is gonna try anything I rather i be close to the target and not harm other, And if i has been sent here to watch me than it must have been for a reason and I see none to make it work harder when it already has a job. Just don't kick me little one or I may have you as supper.".
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:59 pm

Lobo clapped for joy as he was placed on the red wolf.

"Just don't kick me little one or I may have you as supper"

"You no eat Lobo. You eat me, master eat you. Lobo no taste good anyway." Lobo said with a serious voice, which seemed odd for such a strange child like creature.

"Ooooo, Lobo almost forgot. Lobo has present for white haired elf." He stood up on the wolf and jumped off the back. Before he even hit the ground he seemed to fade away disappearing from sight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:45 pm

"My attention, My adoration, My heart just to name three."

Drake took another glance back then turned back to Shade and Lobo, "That was fast. Not like it wasn't the same with and me though."

"As for the dragon blood that must be why i can turn into a dragon ha that means the old lady was dragon blood as well should have guessed who she was but I was young and naive then. So you got dragon blood in your veins as well?"

"No." He said quickly, "You do not need dragon blood in your system to become a dragon but it does help. I am ... much different."

"If the little creature is gonna try anything I rather i be close to the target and not harm other, And if i has been sent here to watch me than it must have been for a reason and I see none to make it work harder when it already has a job. Just don't kick me little one or I may have you as supper."

"You no eat Lobo. You eat me, master eat you. Lobo no taste good anyway. Ooooo, Lobo almost forgot. Lobo has present for white haired elf."

"Lobo has been sent for a reason. His master is checking things out and not trusting others to watch for him." Drake felt a bit put out by that as if he had no ability to watch over Shade himself. It wasn't like Lobo could explain the way of shape shifters or of dragon kind. He could watch and that was about all, "Don't worry Lobo. Just don't boot him or I might tickle you to death. And behave around my woman."

Drake wasn't really worried that Lobo would not behave around Calliara, as he suspected by the description it was her due to no other being like that. For some reason he did not mind teasing with the little guy as if he were a child.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 am

Shade thought about it as he walked lost in his own thoughts as he tried to work out a long dead memory. "Are you sure it's just blood? I have this memory but I can't grasp it. Just out of reach and the further I reach the harder it gets to grab onto. I'm not sure what I am anymore, Mage, Elf, Dragon, Wolf. Sometimes I feel like all of them others like None. It's probably a normal feeling for Shape Shifters we take on different instincts, different emotions, different ways to judge the world. In this form the whole world could burn bu unless i disturbed my pack I couldn't care less. As a Elf I care only for my own kind, As a Mage I care for power and the skills to save my people. And as a Dragon......I feel alive.".

Shade watched the little creature wonder off and shrugged for each had there own device and it was no concern of his what another did.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:27 pm

"Blood is a lot in comparison but what within you is dragon is not by a small amount. I would not be surprised if you were of a second or third generation of dragon folk but not the kind that look like the lizards at all. It could be that Flemeth had a use for you by making that part of you wake up."

Drake looked to the sky at a storm which came and went within moments and gave it a hard look while listening to the animals. He took a deep breath and continued on, "Life goes on as usual. Anyway, would you truly like to be full dragon? That would make relationships difficult." He glanced back at Tatsoo who seemed so full of life talking with Maadox.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:07 am

Shade looked back at her and smiled and shook his body. "I honestly don't know, As a Dragon i am powerful and deadly and can even slay armies from the sky and with that power I could keep Tatsoo safe forever but I also have to ask if she would even stay with me if I wasn't Elven. Tatsoo is not a shallow person she is free and open and worldly but hearts even elven are fickle things and a simple touch of flesh can mean more than all the words and strength in the world. Flemeth awoken something deep inside something Primal and ancient and I fear it for I do not know what it is. You may be right and I could be third even second generation of Dragonkin but what does that really make me and if I know will I still be me?".

Shade padded along watching the storm and felt something rise inside him before the storm died and the mystery vanished leaving him chilled to the bone. He took a deep breath to settle himself and looked around. "I wonder if will be setting camp soon.".
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:33 pm

"Maybe you should spend some time with her and I will scout ahead. I know what it feels like being able to protect the ones we love but I also know what it's like to just cuddle up to them and feel the warmth." He winked at the other wolf, "We can see if we can find out what you really are altogether later. Our healer might be able to see."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:57 am

Shade looked over at Drake and chuckled. "I would be a poor scout if I abandoned my duties to go back and chat, We will find a Suitable area to camp first then I will speak to her on the matter but right now Drake we are scouts. As for your healer Jezarine I have already met her once before she was nice to me. Her lover I don't know about I can smell Templar on him and another in the Group. However I have given Nygozy my word I would not attack her Followers even if they are Templar rats.".

Shade looked around sniffing the area and sighed though it had been a short day a lot had happened and he for one was just ready to plop down in the fores for some rest. He also looked around for a Suitable Campsite.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:33 am

"You are a good scout." He mused as he walked along beside the youth, impressed that he did take his duties seriously. It was a simple test and Shade passed it with flying colours but when he mentioned that Ianto was a Templar he laughed.

Drake glanced out the side of his eyes at Shade, very amused with the Templar comment because the fellow would have no idea what he had been in the past, which was many more things than what anyone would guess.

"There are at least two former Templars and a current Templar in the mix. I do strongly point out the word 'former' because those ones left for reasons, mostly for not wanting to continue being pawns to damaging those who could not help for what they were." He trotted along calmly, "And yes, Jez is very nice as is her lover, Ianto. Just never lift a hand towards Jez though. That's when he truly is not nice at all."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:02 pm

Shade walked quietly for a few moments his head shifting as he scanned the area. "I'm not stupid Drake I know there are Good men and women out there who see Elves as victims and I know there are Templar's who left the order but though there views changed they still took the path to keep Mages under there thumb and on leashes. I know a free Mage is dangerous hell I am dangerous and I know the wrong spell or wrong muttered incantation can have disastrous effects. But does that mean I don't know my limits, Does it mean I can't control what I am? No it is like a person with a Blade he can easily become a Monster as a Mage can become a Demon but there are not watched and kept imprisoned. I saw a young girl no more than nine years old brought to the circle and told by the Templar's she was a Creature of destruction and she would kill everyone she cared for if she didn't submit to the circle. In the end the Recruits know what they are signing up for it's just Guilt and Sympathy that change them later but in the beginning there all the same."

Shade looked over at Drake feeling comfortable in his presence, He shrugged wondering if it was because they both had a gift and it was easier to talk to your own kind. "Everyone just automatically assumes that all Mages will turn to Blood Magic. I will be Honest Drake I can use it as well as any mage but I never have, I have seen what it can do and the consequences are too much. I have been backed into corners and still never used it. The Chantries greatest weapon to keep Mages where they want them is fear of Blood Magic. But most Mages who use it do it to escape the chains that were forced upon them. Templar's...No the men inside the Armor who wear there symbol have a long way to go for redemption. Your friends may be Former Templar's Drake but they still chose the path."
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:10 pm

"Now there you are wrong on some accounts. Not all Templars have a say in whether they go here or there. Many are sent by their families for not being the first, being too unruly for them to discipline on their own or because they have nothing better to offer the youth. This often happens at tender ages when it is easy to brainwash them into hating anything to do with mages. They are shown horrific things done by mages who have become abominations to make them react negatively. The ones who fight that image are forced to comply, beaten on, trashed and treated badly. If they survive this harassment to the point they take their vows they are given lyrium so they must then stick with the Chantry or become hopeless with no ability to get the substance they are now addicted to."

He continued on, padding along and sniffing the air then looked back at Shade, "Then there are the ones who are completely soulless when it comes to mages. Those who hate for whatever reason or non reason that they can give. They do not care even if there is no proof that one is not a mage. All they do is hate mages and use them, especially elven."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:40 pm

"I have never met a Templar forced into there role and if I had he or she probably died since no Templar I have ever met survived. I shall reserve judgment but if one of those Templar's makes a crack about how all Mages are blood mages and should be under the order of the Chantry I will kill them. They only want slaves Human and Elven Mages are nothing but weapons to them. They eat magic and they say we are dangerous. We were born with these gifts for a reason, I am not saying we should rule I personally would be a horrible Monarch and probably would spend my days in the forest. But we deserve Freedom Mages and Elves. Tatsoo said the King is a Warden, Who is he?"

Shades eyes seemed to glint at the chance to be alone with the King his claws digging into the ground as he imagined the man under them begging for his life and agreeing to set all elves free and to do away permanently with the Chantry.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:20 pm

"I have." Drake said with certainty and experience, "Usually they become shells or run away. You may also not wish to speak with the Tamassran. You would want to kill him if you did. He is a Qunari and their beliefs are rather rough when it comes to mages and anyone not of the Qun. Personally, I avoid the man. I don't like the smell of him even if he is not a fighter. He fights with words, not with crafted weapons. Often the word is a more dangerous thing to overcome. Especially when you don't know where or when it is being drawn."

He shook out his fluffy mane of hair around his neck and yawned, "The King stays close to Nygozy so don't get any funny ideas. She cares for him a great deal."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:26 pm

Shade looked over at Drake and chuckled. "Seems like Nygozy keeps important people close, But he Warden won't always be around to keep a eye on him sooner or later I will meet the King and do I have a few things for me and him to discuss. But I am not a Murderer and I gave my word that no one under her command will be harmed by me unless provoked. But I would like to meet a king who allows slavery in his Nation."
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:00 pm

Drake laughed, "You have no clue about politics, do you lad? Just snap your fingers and things happen. I wish, and don't wish, but the truth of the matter is that you have to fight tooth and nail all the way to get anything others do not wish to give you. I looked at the records." He grinned evilly, "Yes, I got into official records to get information which was required for warden use. Alistair had a long fight to get proper compensation for elven wages and treatment. He passed the law then had to keep fighting the people who were supposed to uphold the laws. That is when these people with hawk tatoos under their ears showed up and things went downhill. They sabotaged his efforts to help the elves and caused other problems which were dangerous to the citizens of Denerim and Fereldan, both human and elf alike. I did not find the full accounting of it but because of them there were almost two wars. The only thing that kept them from winning was Macha Cousland, a noble warden."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Shade shrugged walking. "Then he should kill them, None should ever be allowed to stand in the way of what you want. That was the first lesson I learned when trying to survive. Anyone who stands in the way of your goals is the enemy and as for politics. These are sentient lives were talking about. A good King no a good person would do what is right. Politics are for those too scared to stand up for what they believe in and our cowards. If I was King the Elves would be free and anyone who opposed it would burn. The one's who are suppose to hold up the laws refuse fine get rid of them and put people in there place. The world has enough difficulties Drake without petty nobles and cry babies screaming for importance. Darkspawn, Templar's, War, Famine, Poverty. We have enough to worry about. Free the People and to hell with the consequences. He will lose Human allies but he will gain all of Elven gratitude. "

Shade sat down looking back and decided to wait for the others to catch up since they were close to camp already.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next