Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Errands I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Errands I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Errands I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Errands I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Errands I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Errands I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Errands I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Errands I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Errands I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Errands

+2
Swift_Assassin
UncleVanya
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Errands Empty Errands

Post  UncleVanya Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:54 pm

A field just outside of Lothering

"You know, when they gave us that speech about a life of hardship and sacrifice that we were about to undertake as Gray Warden recruits I pictured myself throwing my life away fighting darkspawn so some helpless, innocent townsfolk could continue scratching their balls and going about their business without any monsters ripping their faces off. I did not imagine myself picking up dirt and stuffing it in a bottle. I'm pretty sure this wasn't in the fine-print either."

Ostef grunted as he plunged his shovel again into the ground. Rakot picked up the dirt, and put it in a glass container. The landscape was devoid of all life, no grass grew here, no trees, there was no birds flying in the air, nor critters running around on the ground.

"We're getting ground samples so the mages back at the head quarters can figure out the extent of the taint in this region. It won't do if people try to resettle these parts and start turning into ghouls."

"One bloody look at this place and you know its still tainted....but its not even that, its just that you'd think that Gray Warden missions would involve something more glorious, or at least dangerous. Though its possible the bards will sing the tale of Ostef the Valiant's epic feat of digging a hole in the ground, and later deciding to take shit in it."

"Going to be a tale for the ages, I'm sure. Keep digging, we're almost done here, then we got to go get samples from whats left of Lothering."

Ostef sighed and looked up, then froze in place for a moment, the shovel dropping out of his hands, as he reached for his sword and shield. As the young warrior took a defensive stance, Rakot was already holding his maul. On the other side of the field figures emerged, a group of Hurlocks and Genlocks, and above them towered an Ogre.

"How come you didn't spot them sooner? I thought you could smell these things."

"They were down wind."

"That sure seems to be a lot of them, and a sodding Ogre with em too. Maybe they don't know the Blight is over, maybe we should tell em."

"You go ahead and do that Ostef. I'll stay over here, there their arrows can't reach me.

As the two warriors exchanged words, the darkspawn were closing in, they were charging forward, roaring and quickly covering ground as they went. The warriors could now see that there was twenty of them, plus the ogre. As the fiends got closer, the Genlocks fired their crossbows, first few arrows whisted by. One passed just a few inches from Rakot's temple, but the berserker did not flinch.

"Well, so much for that strategy."

"Eh...speaking of strategy, I am pretty sure that at this stage in our training, in the absence of a Gray Warden to rescue our asses, we're supposed to run."

"Pfft...run? Hell, we just got here. Besides, we've got the element of surprise on our side."

"Element of surprise? Seems more like we've been caught with our pants down, fucking a chicken....oh wait...you mean....no....no, no, no, no, no."

"Stop whining, just do it."

"I don't think you appreciate just how heavy you are."

"No time to argue."

"Fine, but if you break my back, I am not naming my first born after you."

Ostef walked infront of Rakot, and got on one knee, planting his shield in the ground. The horde was getting closer, the bolts in the air became more plentiful, Rakot had to block two with his maul.

"Wait for it."

The horde grew even closer.

"Waaaaait for it."

The horde grew closer still, they were now just ten meters in front of the duo.

"NOW!!!"

Ostef heard Rakot's roar and lifted the shield above his head. Rakot charged towards his comrade, jumping on top of the shield and using it to leap high into the air.

"SURPRISE!!!!!!!!"

Yelled the berserker as he descended on the aproaching darkspawn, his maul high above his head. Rakot's weapon slammed into the skull of the closest Hurlock, instantly crushing the beast, and sending a shockwave that sent three Genlocks tumbling. Rakot quickly recovered and got to work, his weapon doing the dance of death as the air in front of him filled with flying blood, and sound of bones breaking.

Ostef got up to his feet and joined his friend in combat. The young warrior slammed a genlock with his shield, and ran his blade through the fiend's throat as it was trying to recover. Meanwhile the Ogre was fast approaching even as the ranks of the darkspawn were getting thinner by the minute.

UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Errands Empty Re: Errands

Post  Swift_Assassin Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:17 pm

(Hope you don't mind)

Lothering, the first town to fall to the fifth Blight. From what he had been informed, Lothering had a decent population and was the last stop for most on their way to Ostagar. Many refugees fled to Lothering after Ostagar, but anyone too foolish or stubborn to leave either died or were dragged into the Deep Roads, where they would suffer a fate most foul.

Wolfram had come from Orlais to Lothering, expecting a new Warden outpost, as well as the hero of Fereldren, the dwarf Nygozy of Orzammar. Instead, he came upon the site of two men digging. At first it seemed as though they didn't know what happened here, but a keen observation of one of the men shown him bottling some of the dirt. It was obvious that they must be Wardens, or in their employ, and they seemed to be taking samples. Looks like the Hero knows what she's doing down here.

But then he felt it. Darkspawn. Figures there would be stragglers. The presence of an Ogre complicated things a bit. He couldn't reveal himself yet. If those men decided to fight, he would have a better opportunity to help. And it looked like they did. Good, with this amount, he would have to do some summoning, and that wasn't on his agenda today.

Those two men seem to be dealing a good bit of damage to the horde. Wolfram decided to concentrate on the true threat, the ogre. He stepped out from his hiding place with a dagger in his hand. He sliced open his left hand, almost perfectly tracing the previous scar from his last need for it. With blood dripping from his hand, he focused on the ogre. Within a second following his hand gestures, the great perversion of kossith form stopped dead in it's tracks. Such is the fate to those who fall victim to blood wound. It wouldn't last for long, however.

He quickly wrapped his hand up and took out his staff. He wasn't about to risk more of his blood without a healer nearby. He aimed his staff at the ogre and a cone of cold spewed forth, freezing the twitching ogre in place. Again it would not last long, but every bit helped.

Before he could do anything else, a bolt from one of the genlocks struck into his arm. He didn't particularly like that idea on bit. He put away his staff and harnessed the blood from his arm to cast one more blood magic spell. He turned the unsuspecting genlock into his slave, and redirected his weapon towards his kin.

He looked at the two men and saw a man using a rather impressive maul. "You there, with the maul. I could use some help with this ogre before he breaks free of the ice."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:15 am

The months spent training with the Gray Wardens did not go to waste on Rakot, he was able to augment his inherent berserker abilities enabling him to focus his rage, yet at the same time keep control of his actions. His blood still boiled with anger, the world around him was still tinted red, but his mind was clear and his movements were his own. Swinging his maul with one hand he sent its spiked end into a Genlock's chest, using his other hand to grab a Hurlock by the neck, and with a quick movement ripping out its throat. Rakot felt the air get colder as the mage cast a freezing spell on the Ogre.

"A mage? I guess they decided we couldn't handle this by ourselves afterall."

Ostef remarked, as he stuck his blade into a Hurlock's stomach, while protecting his flank with the shield.

"Less talking. More killing."

"I like to multitask."

"You there, with the maul. I could use some help with this ogre before he breaks free of the ice."

"I think he means you, Rakot."

The berserker didn't respond, but moved to action. Kicking a Genlock in the face, he sprinted towards the Ogre, and leapt into the air, swinging his maul downwards on his descent. It was then that the ice began to crack, and the gigantic beast stretched out its arm, catching Rakot by the neck in mid air. Rakot's maul dropped from his hands, his face turned red and his whole body tensed up as the Ogre squeezed at his neck. Unable to breath, and having only seconds to live, Rakot swung his fist delivering a mighty blow to the giant's nose. Blood poured out of the beast's nostrils as it stumbled backwards, releasing its hold and allowing Rakot to drop to the ground. Landing on his feet, the berserker wasted no time, the pain and the closeness to death made his rage spike, every muscle in his body screamed for blood.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHH!!!"

He picked up his maul and leaped up once again, this time landing a crushing blow with the blunt side of his maul straight on the Ogre's forehead. The beast toppled over, as its skull split open, Rakot landed on top of it and swung his maul once again, pounding the fiend's head into the ground. He swung again, and again, until the Ogre's face turned into a mush of blood and bone, its body still twitching. Rakot jumped off to the ground and charged at his next target.

UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:31 am

The man he called upon reacted quickly. Unfortunately, it seemed that the ogre reacted faster. Maul guy was almost strangled to death, but he proved to him that he must be a Warden, just for his impressive display against the ogre. He never heard of a man punching his way free from an ogre's grasp. His gratuitous use of the maul on the ogre head after he knocked it down revealed that this man was a berserker. It seemed to be a waste of time, since ogre's can't recover from a bashed in head, but who is he to argue with a berserker?

Meanwhile, Wolfram's little genlock blood slave took out a hurlock that was running up behind him. Wolfram spied a couple of genlock crossbowman appear to take aim at the other man. Since he little use for a genlock for much longer, he cast another spell. A little explosive one that works as well on darkspawn as it does on demons, templars and anyone foolish enough to threaten a mage. He became a walking bomb, one that Wolfram sent on the crossbowman.

When the genlock was in range, it was time to follow it up. He charged his hands a bit and took aim at his slave. With no hesitation, he fired a bolt of lightning at the slave, killing him and setting off his little explosive spell, which claimed the lives of the other genlock crossbowman.

"It will never cease to amaze me that that spell isn't forbidden by the templars."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:10 pm

As the smoke from the explosion settled to the ground, the battlefield went quiet. The few remaining darkspawn ran for their lives, while Ostef walked around finishing off those still twitching in pain on the ground. After being satisfied the young warrior approached the mage.

"Thanks for the help, friend. Did the Wardens send you? Or did you happen to be here by chance? No matter, your aid is appreciated. Being a Warden recruit doesn't grant you any special powers against the darkspawn, unfortunately."

As Ostef spoke, Rakot sniffed the air.

"This one is a Warden, Ostef, he got the taint in him....but....smells a bit like an Orlesian, odd."

Rakot paused to wipe the blood off his maul. He then faced the new arrival and continued.

"Well, Warden, I guess I should issue my report. I am Rakot, this is Ostef, Warden recruits in training. We're here on a mission collecting soil samples to be sent for testing back in the Denerim head quarters. Was supposed to be a simple run, but as I am sure you know things are never simple. In light of the circumstances me and Ostef are heading back to the Koru Estate, Ser Koru is a local benefactor for the Wardens, his home is a sort of an outpost. Unless you have some other standing orders, you're welcome to join us."
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:42 pm

He let the young recruit speak uninterrupted. It's good to know his instincts were right. The berserker, however, surprised him. He...smelt the taint of darkspawn on him. As well as the smell of Orlais, which prompted him to try to smell what he did.

"I am indeed a Grey Warden. I am Wolfram Caron, of the Orlesian wardens, although I can assure you, I'm actually a Free Marcher who grew up Ferelden. Long story, so I won't go into it." He let the berserker speak next. It seems he was correct in what they were doing as well. It only makes sense, the surrounding area being what it's become.

"So, Rakot and Ostef is it? My only orders is to join the ranks of the Ferelden Wardens, which means I have to find my way to the Warden-Commander, Nygozy. And since you are only recruits, that would mean that at some point in the future you will come into contact with her. It would be in my best interests to accompany you."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:58 pm

They began walking along the road towards Koru's estate.

"You're looking for the Commander? Haven't seen her in months, ever since she sent us down here to train. Wonder you didn't stop to look for her in Denerim before venturing all the way out here...regardless, I am sure you had your reasons. Ser Koru will sort this out, he'll point you in the right direction at the very least."

They continued walking.

"So, Warden, whats going on in the big world? We don't get much news what with spending our time training and running errands."
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:26 pm

"I heard some reports that the new Warden stronghold was to be in Lothering, so I came here. I didn't know as to how far along it is in construction." Wolfram replied, surprised that the recruits haven't seen her in such a long time. Especially for training. He would easily offer support to put them through the joining, just be going off of their performance earlier.

Ostef brought up an interesting question. It was unfortunate that he asked him that question, but he figured he had some news. "Well, I'm not entirely sure. You can say I'm one of those mages that study samples like the one you just acquired. Let's see...a couple of wardens recently embarked on their calling. Oh, I received some news that your Commander recently held Ferelden's first Joining since the end of the blight. The results were impressive...but I can't go into any more detail."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:18 pm

"I see...well good thing that old Ferelden is still holding together despite all. For all I knew we were invaded by them Orlesian dogs again...ehm...no offense...well, you're from the Free Marches, so you shouldn't even take an offense. Regardless, then you meet the Commander, can you pass the word along that we'd really like to do the joining and get this whole mess over with? Not that I don't appreciate the training, I learned a lot, its just that I would like to go visit my family again."

"Ostef be quiet, I'm sure the Warden doesn't want to hear about your sodding problems. We all have em, keep em to yourself. Besides, its not like we joined the Wardens under the most favorable conditions. If I were the Commander I'd have our heads removed, think of this is as a vacation."

"Vacation? I ran a good chance of having my intestines devoured by a darkspawn not an hour ago. You have some very odd ideas about what constitutes a vacation."

"Well, I for one was glad to have a chance to kill something. After spending all that time in training attacking bags of sand my swinging arm has gotten itchy for a real fight.

"Good for you...that maul of yours seems a bit worn out though. Why not use the weapon you picked out from the arsenal? You've been training with it."

"Yes, I have....this maul has gotten me through some bad shit...doesn't seem right to just toss it out."

"I always imagined you'd be more practical than that, especially since the prospect of it falling apart mid-swing, is not very pleasant."

"Sod it...you're right, we get back to the estate I'll get that spear...sword...maul....thing that they gave me. Its time....good thing that the ol' Crunchy got to taste darkspawn blood one more time."

"Thats the spirit...oh, look, there is the estate."

A silhouette of a large compound appeared in the distance as the group walked over a hill.

"Good...well, Warden, there it is, the Koru estate. It would look better was it not for the endless blighted fields surrounding it. Maybe these soil samples will help fix that...who knows. Let's go, I need some food in my stomach."

UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:17 pm

Wolfram's expression changed little after hearing Ostef wanting to see his family again. The horror's of the Joining are obviously unknown to them. He just let them bicker between themselves. He had to wonder what their situation was. It sounded to him that they were conscripted instead of a some kind of punishment. He can't exactly say his situation was much better. Being an apostate blood mage chased by the templars is actually much worse than others.

"Well, if you ask me, you two are probably ready for it. I can say this though. The commander might not have been prepared for it at the time. But given the success of the there joining, she may be prepared this time."

When they came upon the estate, he was surprised at it's current state. It must have been built after the blight ended. "Is this were the Warden's are meant to be situated or are they building a new building."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:16 pm

"The estate is all we have for now, and haven't seen much construction going on so I assume that's the way its going to stay. But once again, we aren't told much, our usual day consists of getting up, and spending most of the day practicing combat techniques."

Rakot banged his fist on the gates.

"Ser Koru will answer all your questions, Warden. He should be coming to let us inside shortly."
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:30 pm

It was almost quiet as movement could be heard past the gates. There was someone on top of the battlements who could not be seen beforehand but now was out from the shadows. The person nodded back at someone within the estate and the door slowly opened to show a young man looking at them.

"Oh you're back!" The page seemed rather happy, "Did you find anything interesting Ser Rakot? Ser Ostef? Oh." He got a confused look on his face, "Company? Ser Koru will need to know of this. Your name Ser?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dragonageafter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:38 pm

"I'll need to report to Ser Koru immediately, and our guest is a Gray Warden and in need of some assistance."

Rakot said to the page as he walked through the gates.

"Go and tell to your master, this is important, we'll wait in the main hall to be summoned."

UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:02 pm

"Yes Ser." The youth said as he ran off to go give the news to the master of this keep. A large man closed the doors behind them and locked it up while the person on top disappeared once more.

It did not take long for Ser Koru to have them sent for from the main hall and led to the library where the man sat looking at some disturbingly grey plants in containers on his desk, "I am told by the lad that we have a new warden in our midst." He looked up then walked over to the men, "I am Ardric Koru. You are likely looking for the warden commander, I take it?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:39 pm

Wolfram was going to introduce himself, but Rakot took care of half of the explanation and the man brought them to a library where Ser Koru was sitting at a desk. "It's an honor to meet you, Ser Koru. I am Wolfram Caron. You are correct. I had been reassigned from the Orlesian Grey Wardens to that of the Warden-Commander Nygozy."

Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:43 am

"And here are the soil samples."

Rakot pulled out a glass container from his pack and placed it on Ser Koru's desk.

"This is from a field just outside of the ruins of Lothering. We were not able to go into the remains of the town itself, our mission was cut short. There was a band of darkspawn, twenty heads, and an ogre. We fought them, the Warden aided us, the ogre is dead, as well as most of the hurlocks and genlocks, though a few were able to retreat. My personal opinion is that they banded together by accident, they had no emissaries with them, which suggests that they aren't being lead by any entity we're not aware of. Still, a large group like that would require further investigation. I'll make that suggestion in my written report."

Ostef sighed.

"More fieldwork?"

"Better than sitting on our asses and getting soft. Unless of course, the Warden Commander decides that we're ready for the Joining."
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:02 pm

"A pleasure Ser Caron." Ardric said then listened to Rakot's report. He shook his head with a resigned sigh, "Very well. I will have my chemist take a look at these but I know from what you have already found before that this is a situation which must be reported directly to Warden Commander Nygozy."

He walked beside his desk, tapping his fingers across the edge as he went. It was an action he did whenever he was concentrating on something he was unsure of. Ardric stopped then turned towards the men and walked back, "You will provide me with your report tonight. Ser Caron shall remain the evening as a guest. I am sure that your journey was long and that you could use the rest before continuing on. In the morning the two of you will accompany the warden to Denerim with my recommendations. Three horses shall be readied to quicken your travels."

The Bann gave a slight bow to each man, "If you will escort Ser Caron to a guest room then commence upon writing your reports and return them to myself then you will have the rest of the evening to enjoy."

Errands Ardric-koru-sm
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:32 pm

"As you wish, Ser."

Rakot and Ostef stepped out of the library, stopping just outside the doors to wait for Caron.

"So, Denerim, and with recommendations. Maybe this means that we're finally going to undertake the Joining."

"Don't get excited...though I can't say I'd pass up a trip to the populated lands. The ale here in the estate is fine...but getting a bottle of something a bit stronger is problematic. Also there is a lack of a brothel....alright, lets shut up for now, I think Ser Caron is about to step out."

"Sure thing, will you handle writing the reports?"

"You grew up in a family of wealthy farmers....how the hell are you illiterate, again?"

"Pa had my cousin brought up to take care of the book keeping side of things, I was preoccupied with the cattle and the harvest."

"Or so you say, ya lazy sodding nug....alright, whatever, I'll do it again, or it won't get done otherwise."

"Appreciate it, now there the hell is the Warden?"

"Its only been a minute."

"Has it? Seemed like an hour...maybe I am getting a bit excited over the upcoming journey."

"Fantastic...just try to keep your mouth shut the best you can, I get irritated easily as I'm sure you've noticed by now."

"Yes, yes, I know."

The two warriors continued waiting for the guest.
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:06 pm

"Thank you, Ser Koru." Wolfram replied when he heard that he'll be allowed to stay the night. He was a bit surprised that Koru decided to send them with him. With recommendations no doubt. Had the darkspawn not assembled, would Rakot and Ostef still be here waiting for their chance?

Rakot's report did bring up something interesting. He hadn't thought about it at the time, but they didn't seem to have a command unit in charge. Having spent his time researching demons, he doesn't know much about darkspawn habits, but he knows that they don't typically organize without an emissary.

When the two left, he had one question left for Ser Koru. "Ser Koru, I have one more question. Is this the first account of a large group of darkspawn with not emissary to lead them?"
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:49 pm

Ser Koru watched as the two men walked out then his eyes shifted to Wolfram, knowing there were likely further questions upon the man's mind. He waited for it then shook his head slightly, "It is not the first but it usually is not very many at a time. They tend to go North or directly back into the Deep Roads. It is another reason those two leave earlier than they were supposed to. We cannot stay long either."

His gaze went back to the door, "They are ready though. Have been for a while. Especially Rakot."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:46 pm

Wolfram's eyebrow cocked a bit when he said about them being ready. He is unsure to what extent Ser Koru knows about the joining, but no one is truly ready for that. Even the first Wardens weren't ready. They were desperate. They may only be ready to fight darkspawn.

"I see. Well, I'll make sure that they survive until then." Wolfram replied, almost wanting to contradict him. But they are definitely as ready as their going to be. Hopefully they'll be able to put up with the horrors of being a Warden.

"I'll see you later, Ser Koru."

Wolfram stepped outside and closed the door behind him. "Rakot, Ostef, if you don't mind leading the way?"
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:52 am

OOC: I hope you don't mind Swift, Im gonna do a quick flash forward to the morning.

IC:

"Not at all, Warden. Its just down the hall and to the right, follow me."

"And I am gonna go start working on those reports. I'll meet up with you all in the dining hall later."

---------

Next Morning

The sun rise saw Rakot and Ostef on their horses in front of the main gate, waiting for the Warden do join them.

"Well, I am leaving my homeland behind again."

"You mean Lothering? Not enough left of it to call it home."

"Still, can't help but feel a bit nostalgic."
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:29 am

OOC: Not at all.

Wolfram walked out of the front door, and was surprised by the horses. Ferelden's never used horses, at least, not much. They were mostly foot based travelers. But it seems that the Warden's are using horses. Perhaps they were gifted to them for stopping the blight. It would make it easier to get to Denerim.

He approached one of the horses and mounted it. It was a hard considering his outfit, but he managed it. "Sorry for the wait. We should hurry if we want to meet up with the commander before she leaves Denerim."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Several days later, on approach to Denerim

The trio slowed their horses, making their way on the main road towards the city gate.

"Looks like we made it."

"Certainly looks that way."

"So eh...Rakot...you left your maul at the estate?"

Rakot sighed.

"Here we go, took you long enough to ask, I even began to hope you'd keep your mouth shut....yes, Ostef, I left my maul at the estate, we were supposed to travel light and we'll most likely be going back soon."

"I see, and this new weapon of yours, what is it exactly?"

"Its a weapon, it stabs, cuts, maims, crushes things. You can't see that?

"It seems a bit unorthodox."

"Thats because its of Qunari make, its an artifact Ser Koru's armorer gave me. I've been told it was originally captured back during the first Qunari invasion up north several hundred years ago, then somehow it made its way to Ferelden and at some point was augmented with fire enchantments. The weapon's name is "Ataash", in the Qunari language it means "Glory"."

Errands Swordspear1n

"I've seen you practicing with it, seemed to be giving you some trouble."

"You think? I've been using my maul almost my entire life, it was simple, one end of it crushes, the other end impales. And with this thing I have to worry about the flames from the blade setting me on fire. But, I think I got a pretty good handle on it now, I've found some texts in the library about Qunari combat arts, been trying them out the past few months...I'm far from perfect, but now that I'm able to focus my rage, I can cause a lot of destruction with this weapon....Alright, enough talk, let's get past the gate ."

They rode through the gates, and down the road leading to the Gray Warden head quarters, once they got there they stopped in front of the entrance and Rakot got off his horse.

"Here we are Warden, go ahead and lead."

Last edited by UncleVanya on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:59 pm

Wolfram's patience had been tried these past few days. It's hard to say who was worse. Ostef seemed to get on his nerves with his talking, yet Rakot seemed to actually talk more. Granted, all instances of it was trying to explain things to Ostef. All things considered, it's easily Ostef. Hopefully he won't be as bad if he survives his joining.

He almost didn't notice them enter the city, due to the new conversation Ostef brought up. It started off to be a bit irritating. But it became interesting when Rakot began talking about this new weapon. He knows little of the qunari or their ways, so it was nice little view into the qunari.

When they came to the compound doors, Rakot told him that he should lead them in. He knocked on the doors and waited. He looked over at them. "Don't want to just barge in. They might start over reacting if we do."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum