Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Inn-stinct - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Inn-stinct - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Inn-stinct - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Inn-stinct - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Inn-stinct - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Inn-stinct - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Inn-stinct - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Inn-stinct - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Inn-stinct - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Inn-stinct

5 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Inn-stinct - Page 2 Empty Re: Inn-stinct

Post  Dragonis Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Marcus merely shrugged at Maddox's probing him for information. As if a lowly lumberjack would be informed as to the reasons the Commander moved them wherever. "To be perfectly honest, the only thing I could glean from us coming here was there were some men with forged documents who tried to steal our horses or even kill us for them. We came to ask the king about it. Beyond that I have no idea, I am not privy to that sort of information." He said, folding his arms over his chest, letting the food digest.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:51 pm

"Really? People posing as the King's men and demanded the Wardens surrender their horses?" Maddox replied, a bit confused as to why they would stupid enough to believe that they would comply. "So your...rather, their, business here is to find out more about it from King Theirin. I highly doubt the legitimacy of their claim."

He looked over at Tatsoo, who seemed to just resign herself to listening. Perhaps she was having a hard time interpreting their conversation."Tatsoo, it's okay if you don't know. If you having trouble, we can explain something to you. The best way to learn is to ask questions, I've heard."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:38 pm

Maddox made her smile generously with his gracious offer to help her out, "Aye ah will ask ye, Maddox, if ah have any ques... tions." She rubbed her chin in contemplation, "Ah jus thought zat maybe if de wardens be here for recruits there should be a way to find out. Were ye looking to join them?"

Tatsoo petted Tiberius and scratched behind his ears.
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:32 pm

"I've thought about it. It would probably solve my perpetual boredom that has been most of my life. I would have to forfeit any claim I have to Cercium, but I don't think I really have to, what with the King being a Warden." Maddox replied.

He looked over at her and wondered if she might have had a thought to that effect. For that matter, did Durbans want to become a Warden? "Durbans, are you traveling with the Wardens in hope of joining them?"
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Marcus offered a nod when Maddox offered he and Marcus help Tatsoo comprehend the basic language if something confused her. "Fair warning, my fine female friend: I love to lapse into loquacious literary lines." He smirked and chuckled to himself.

And then Maddox asked him a question he had been wondering himself. "How much do you know of Lothering?" He asked the knight.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:35 pm

"Not much. I think it's like the last stop on the way to Ostagar. I was supposed to travel through there along with the Teryn Cousland's forces, but since they were attacked, I wasn't didn't. I heard it was sacked by darkspawn during the blight." Maddox thought it was safe to assume that Marcus spent some time there, maybe even met the Wardens there. He wondered why it was important. "Wait...were you at Lothering before the darkspawn attacked?"
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:47 pm

"Low ... quo ... aysee ... us?" Her brows drew down at the word and she wiggled her nose, "Dat ... not a clue on dat one ah must admit."

This talk about wardens made her wonder and she considered the idea, "Den you would go out ta kill darspawn if you became a wareden? Ah thingk that might be a good way to do thins. Dey has to be killed. So how ye fine out if dey are re...cru...ting?" She smiled, happy that she was getting closer to saying some words almost like everyone else.
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:53 pm

"Wait...were you at Lothering before the darkspawn attacked?" Maddox asked Marcus, who shook his head. "No. I was at Lothering during the attack. I stayed with a few defenders to help protect the refugees escaping, and we held the Darkspawn back until they were away. I was the last man standing by then, and I left with a horde of dead Darkspawn behind me." He recollected, his fingers idly stroking the blade of his axe. "I did not join the Warden's group to be one of them. I was bored and needed an adventure. But, It seems that I may join them after all. I don't know."
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:18 pm

"I wish I could have been there. It's a lot easier killing darkspawn than it is fighting your own countrymen in civil war. You can't know how relieved I was when the fighting shifted from each other to darkspawn."

His attention shifted to Tatsoo. She seemed to also have some interest in joining the Wardens. But she did raise a good question. How do you find out if they are recruiting? Considering their numbers, it would be hard to imagine them not recruiting. Especially since Fereldan is mistrusting of most outsiders, they would be doing their best to bolster their numbers with natives. "They probably are recruiting. I think they do it all the time. After Ostagar, I heard that the only Warden's remaining in Fereldan were the ones following Nygozy. I think they'd be more than happy to increase their presence here."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:02 pm

Tatsoo turned her head and took a closer look at Durbans, her eyes seeming to look for something specific as she sniffled. That was interesting information, "Lothering? Oh yes. South of here, North of Kockari. Ahve been a few places Darkspawn," She cheered internally as she got the word right for the first time, "Took over an Lothering was one a dem."

She picked up a boot and started stitching in a pattern, "Ah thingk it would be a good idear to check it out. We could do it tagetha?"
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:15 pm

Marcus shrugged his shoulders. "I can see if the Warden Commander will take new recruits. But you'd need to prove yourselves or so I heard." He said, standing up and stretching. "Well, I think I should go. Thanks for the meal and the laughs."
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:47 pm

"That sounds like a good idea, Tatsoo."

Durbans had said something about proving themselves. It wouldn't be hard. At least for him, anyway. He doesn't know enough about Tatsoo's combat skills to pass judgment on how easy it would be for her. He also said it was about time he left. "I think I should get going, too. I don't want to distract you from your work any longer. Durbans, do you think you can find out and stop by here tomorrow? I usually stop by this place every day I'm in Denerim anyway, and Tatsoo's already here, so I think it would be the most convenient spot to meet up."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:01 am

"Ah got all dah skins ah need for now. Tha sounds like a good idea. Ahl have the kitchen make us meat buns." She was excited to finally find friends. It was almost like a tribe. Not quite but it felt good to know others and not be completely alone.
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:08 am

Marcus looked over at Maddox for his request. "Provided I can see the boss if she's not busy at the castle, then sure." He smiled and then gave a thumb's up. "Save me some meat buns. Your cooking is great." He said, walking out and waving over his shoulder as he hoisted his massive axe back in place. He really was a giant of an elf.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:22 am

"Sounds like a plan. See you later, Durbans."

Maddox turned back towards Tatsoo, then to Tiberius."Come on boy, we should get going too. We'll see you tomorrow, Tatsoo." Maddox said as he watched Tiberius jump down to the landing below. Maddox almost cringed, imagining him breaking a bone or something from the jump. He appeared okay at least. He didn't seem to be limping or anything. "You are going to hurt yourself sooner or later, you know that right?" Tiberius' bark was far from the tone he wanted to hear. It sounded a bit like he was mocking him. "Figures. Your too cocky for your own good, and mine as well." Maddox climbed down after him and led him away.
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:44 pm

Nygozy stood at the stables, a frown on her face as she watched some of her people go off to find whoever kidnapped Jezarine. She was very upset with this and was additionally disturbed by the fact that she had other duties to attend to. It seemed that any and every dignitary within city limits and some outside of it was vying for her attention and she had to give it to them to help the wardens' cause. It was as if someone hired a town crier to tell the nation that she was there.

The next meeting was not for an hour so she stood there looking out at the road out of the palace grounds while petting Paindrome's neck.

"They will find her, hero. You do not need to be in everything."

Without turning she nodded, "I know, Kai, but I.wish I could be."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:47 pm

Marcus sought out the Warden-Commander, looking a little glum while he walked. When he finally met with her he offered that boorish smile his Durbans persona was known for. "I have some good news and bad news for you, boss. The good news is I found interested parties for recruitment into the Wardens. The bad news is I'm also putting myself forward as one, as well as Guremi." He said, leaning on his axe as he rested its counterweight on the ground.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:51 pm

Well before Marcus got anywhere near the warden commander she knew he was there. She continued to look off into the distance until he stopped and gave her that smile which made her lift a brow. Now what in the world was he up to that garnered that kind of a smile?

Then he spoke and she tilted her head in curiosity, "For once some good news but why is it bad news for you and Guremi?"
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:02 pm

Marcus scratched his head a bit at her question. "Beeeeecause then you'll have to put up with me forever?" He said in a slightly playful way. "Regardless, we've got two other Warden hopefuls; a cobbler named Tatsoo and a knight from Highever named Maddox. They seem like okay people to me. Up to you if you're gonna induct them though." He said and then idly started carving in the block he was working on earlier.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:11 pm

Nygozy rubbed a finger across her lips as she thought it over. Normally she would have joked with Marcus about his comment upon himself but she only gave him a slight smile which showed exactly how disturbed she was over the day's events, "A cobbler and a knight. That is a funny duo to be setting up for being wardens but if you can get them to come in to be tested we will see if they have the required skills." Her eyes lowered then she remembered something, "Tatsoo the cobbler at the Traveler's Inn? If that is who you mean, please have her bring examples of her work. The innkeeper showed me some and I may wish to use her services in that manner if nothing else."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:54 pm

If Marcus saw the distraught look in Nygozy's eyes, he didn't show it. "Yeah that's the one. I said I'd meet up with them tomorrow. You're welcome to come along and meet them personally if you wish." He shrugged his shoulders. Placing a hand on Nygozy's shoulder, he looked down at the Dwarf. "You look tired, boss. Maybe you should get some sleep. I'm sure the others will find Jezarine soon. We're your group after all." He smiled at her reassuringly. So he did know what was going on after all. Sneaky.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:59 pm

Nygozy smirked a bit and looked back at Kai whom had been telling her she required more sleep or she would fall over and nodded before turning back to Marcus, "Found out already did ya? Pretty sneaky. Well, I cannot go see them in the afternoon as I have a meeting with the king and Arl Eamon but bring them over after supper and I may have the chance to see them then."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:55 am

He nodded, smiling a little. "I'm not still alive solely because of my strength, you know." He said and then combed his fingers through his mane of hair. "I will see you tomorrow then. Hopefully, Jezarine will be returned to us. I cannot help with it because the trail's long gone. I leave it to Drake and Calli."
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:09 pm

"I am sure they will bring her back safe and sound." rs were known to kill their captives if they felt they were going to be killed but she booted that concept out of her mind and gave Marcus a tired smirk, "Then we reconvene at my quarters tomorrow evening."

She nodded to Marcus and walked off towards the palace entrance.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:05 am

The meat buns were on the table, there was fresh butter, ale some fruit and also a big bone for Tiberius. That should be good.

Tatsoo was about ready for when the other two would arrive. This would be a good day and she was thrilled. Friends. She had friends to talk to and who were willing to help her learn more so she would not stand out so much!

She sat back on her bed and went to stitching a pattern onto a boot while smiling warmly.
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum