Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Off To Market - Outside Orzammar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Off To Market - Outside Orzammar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Off To Market - Outside Orzammar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Off To Market - Outside Orzammar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Off To Market - Outside Orzammar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Off To Market - Outside Orzammar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Off To Market - Outside Orzammar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Off To Market - Outside Orzammar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Off To Market - Outside Orzammar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Off To Market - Outside Orzammar

+2
Dragonis
Drake
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Off To Market - Outside Orzammar - Page 2 Empty Re: Off To Market - Outside Orzammar

Post  Drake Tue May 25, 2010 4:18 pm

"Or mere moments evidently."

Drake's eyes flicked to Durbans' for a moment then he went on to removing more armor off one of the bandits and pushed one body off the cliff face.

''All of them have the same tattoos, even the qunari'. Small ones, just two digits under the ears and behind the jawline. Black the left one, red the right one. The left looks out, the right faces out. Perhaps a sect...?''

"That could mean something." Drake replied as he tossed armor into a pile and picking up the Qunari head to look at the spots she had indicated, "Good work spotting these. We will take this head with us and see what Nygozy finds of it." He said as he pushed the body he'd gotten the armor from off the ledge and went to another, putting the head in a bag first.

"Ok. Let's get going, sell all the crud, buy what we require and get back." He pushed the last man off the cliff and hefted armor onto the back of the mule.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Off To Market - Outside Orzammar - Page 2 Empty Re: Off To Market - Outside Orzammar

Post  Calliara Tue May 25, 2010 4:31 pm

"Good work spotting these. We will take this head with us and see what Nygozy finds of it. Ok. Let's get going, sell all the crud, buy what we require and get back."

Calliara nodded again and whistled softly after collecting her arrows, even the broken ones, before Drake pushed the bodies off the cliff. Assan neighed and trotted happily to her side, and nuzzled her hair and neck while the Dalish stroked her mane and then got on her. She was still holding the carving in her hands, and traced its lines with her fingertips, obviously delighted with her gift, and smiled brightly at Durbans before turning to the human.

'Drake...''. She called sweetly. ''May I suggest you fill with some snow or ice the bag with the head? That way it won't smell...''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Tue May 25, 2010 10:09 pm

Marcus let the others talk and he moved on to calm his mare, stroking her mane and gently shushing her. He hopped atop her as the other two looted their dead adversaries. He had also noted the tattoos but said nothing about them, as they too were beyond his knowledge. The strange markings probably meant a cult or something but he let his companions speculate. He wasn't even a real member of the group, merely an intruder who worked for them. He scratched his chin and smiled over at them. "Well, my fickle friends who fought fabulously, shall we be off to yon Dwarven city?" he asked them, pointing to Orzammar ahead of them. He wanted to be out of the cold mountains and by some fires so he could recuperate from the fight.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Tue May 25, 2010 10:52 pm

'Drake... may I suggest you fill with some snow or ice the bag with the head? That way it won't smell...''

As some ice tumbled into the bag Drake was holding he looked back at her with a slight grin. He had just begun getting ice and snow from a shrub as she had stared to talk, "You and i think much alike. Give me but a moment here."

He got the head cooled off then hooked it to a saddlebag then got onto his horse.

"Well, my fickle friends who fought fabulously, shall we be off to yon Dwarven city?"

"Of course." He responded then started off to the market. As they got there they noticed quite a few bonfires and lots of merchants. Drake went directly to the armorer's and turned to the other two, "Here, Durbans, I'm guessing you know how to haggle armor sales so if you can do that with these and the weapons, Calliara and I will get tents at the merchant two stalls down." He looked to Calli, "If you like."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Wed May 26, 2010 7:57 am

"You and i think much alike. Give me but a moment here."

She smiled quietly, nodding, and waited patiently. Once Drake was done, they continued to the market.

"Well, my fickle friends who fought fabulously, shall we be off to yon Dwarven city?"

"Here, Durbans, I'm guessing you know how to haggle armor sales so if you can do that with these and the weapons, Calliara and I will get tents at the merchant two stalls down. If you like."

Calliara smiled again, a bit shy now that they were surrounded by people, but looking as calm as always.

''Of course. Durbans, please, if you see mabari collars tell me about it. Fenrir would need one eventually, he is growing up faster than I expected, and I want to see how they are to make one suitable for him.''

Then she followed Drake, looking at the stores, and her eyes showed a bit of longing when they passed in front of one that had musical instruments as well as other things.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Wed May 26, 2010 10:29 am

Marcus nodded to Drake when he got his assignment of haggling for armor sales, and to Calli when she asked about Mabari collars. "Fear not, my friends. Durbans shall avail us of these used armors, and find the finest collar for the fair one's dog." He chuckled then pivoted on his foot while carrying all the armor in his arms and on his back, heading towards an armor merchant.

He lay the armors on the snowy ground and smiled. "How now, my pint-sized pal. Will you purchase these armors from me, as they seem to be those of several brigands I felled on the way here." Marcus asked the merchant, who looked at him curiously. "Yeah sodding right. You by yourself?" the Dwarf asked and Marcus grinned, and spun such a fantastic tale about how he was the sole victor of a raging melee with his outrageous combat skills, dazzling wit and several strange battle cries to distract and confound his foes, who all fell quite easily.

The Dwarf's eyes changed from utter disbelief to pure amazement because a man this crazy couldn't be lying. "I'll buy the lot for 200 gold." He said and Marcus' eyes flashed. "Make it Two hundred and fifty." He said, and the Dwarf proceeded to raise his price, while Durbans also raised his, perplexing the Dwarf until the Dwarf reached two hundred and fifty gold sovereigns, Durbans said "SOLD!" And slammed the armors on the table, while the baffled Dwarf handed the purse of gold to Marcus.

Marcus whistled merrily as he walked off towards the pet collar seller. Amazingly this Dwarf appeared to have Mabari collars even though it was highly unlikely Dwarves even knew what Mabari were. He blinked in surprise only once and then proceeded to buy a jewel encrusted collar in a similar haggling manner as before, but confounding the Dwarf merchant to give it to him for 10 gold as opposed to the original 50. He pocketed the collar and went looking for his companions.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Wed May 26, 2010 5:30 pm

"Fear not, my friends. Durbans shall avail us of these used armors, and find the finest collar for the fair one's dog."

There was nothing to say to that and even if there was, Drake didn't want to. Haggling was not one of his best skills but he knew he could get good prices when he wanted to. Durbans' voice drifted in the wind as he certainly was not a quiet man and seemed to love attention. That was fine. It kept the attention away from this fighter and that made it all the better.

The feel of the air changed as Calliara slowed, making him look to her in order to see what she was checking out. Of course. A bard not looking at instruments would almost be a sin. He halted his steps and turned to her, "Is there anything you like? Try out the instrument you feel is best for you."

It was only right to have her see what was best for her music. Bards relied on their skills in battle and a good instrument could only help. Not only did it make sense for the good of the team but for the bard's own esteem. Drake had to admit to himself that he did want her to have something nice but then wondered where that thought had originated.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Wed May 26, 2010 5:38 pm

"Is there anything you like? Try out the instrument you feel is best for you."

Calliara looked at him and blushed lightly, surprised. She was so inmersed observing the instruments that didn't realize he was looking at her.

''Can I?''. She asked shyly. ''I... had some instruments, in Denerim in the Wardens quarters, but Loghain let the crowds burn everything when they thought the Grey Wardens betrayed Cailan... Everything we had is ashes now. Instruments, clothes, books...''

She looked again the store, hesitating, and began testing, one by one, the instruments that caught her attention. A flute, but she didn't liked the sound and that it was made with metal. She prefered bone or wood. Maybe she could ask Durbans to carve one for her. A lute, but it was small, even for her, maybe for dwarven hands. And finally she chose a guitar, carved in wood and bone, and its sound was wonderful. Calliara relaxed, smiling while testing some chords.

''This one''. She decided, and began counting the money she had to ask later the merchant about the prize
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Wed May 26, 2010 8:29 pm

"You can." He stated simply then let her go about deciding without a word good or ill on what she was looking at.

Even though he was keeping her company he believed that he was hardly noticed as she looked at the instruments in the shop. She took her time and he did not deny her that right, keeping quiet and hardly even moving except to grab an urchin's hand who had been about to try to pick pocket the woman.

He smirked at the waif then showed her a coin, "Take this and buy food from that shop over there." He pointed, "Food and drink for three then bring it back and you will get three of these coins. Got that? Don't dally. I'm watching you."
The child ran off and did as she was told, returning with hot food and drink on a tray. He took it, handed the girl the coins and ruffled her hair before sending her on her way. Only then did he turn to Calliara.

Drake put a hand on hers, stopping her from paying and handed her the tray of hot food and drinks pointing to a bench. He paid the merchant, took the guitar and followed, calling back to their other new friend, "Come feed yourself, Durbans."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Wed May 26, 2010 9:12 pm

Marcus had found the two of them outside of an instrument shop it seemed, and he nodded, figuring it was the fair one's wish to be there. They were sitting on a bench and Marcus walked up to them, smiling as he held the fat sack of gold up. "Never fear, Durbans is here. With money." He grinned and Drake greeted him. "Come feed yourself, Durbans." the human said and Marcus made a sweeping bow. "I don't mind if I do, friend Drake." He said, sitting beside them on the bench, and looking at the meal that was brought for them. A simple meal but he was indeed hungry, especially from fighting and he tucked in quietly.

Nothing needed to be said from him, so he stayed silent most of the time. He finished his food quickly and sighed, then pulled out a block of wood from his pocket and started to carve it while the others ate. Wood shavings slowly started to gather on the snow covered ground at his feet.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Thu May 27, 2010 3:06 am

When Drake stopped her from paying she shyly protested.

''Drake, no! That money is for group's supplies! You can't buy my own caprice, it's not useful for the group...''. Calliara then realized that she didn't know if he was paying with the group's money or his own money, and that made her to smile shyly at him, still blushing lightly but her eyes full of illusion. She really didn't know why.

Suddenly with her hands full with the tray she had to hold it and watched gratefully while Drake was paying, and obeyed going to sit on the bench. When Durbans arrived she greeted him with a bright smile and moved to let him have some space. Of course not long after finishing her meal she examinated her new guitar, delighted, and couldn't resist testing it again.

Now you all know
The bards and their songs
When hours have gone by
I'll close my eyes
In a world far away
We may meet again
But now hear my song
About the dawn of the night
Let's sing the bards' song

At first her voice was shy and calm, and her play almost quiet, but when she had more confidence her voice full of joy seemed to reach every inch of the market, filling the air with her obvious happiness.

Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

There's only one song
Left in my mind
Tales of a brave man
Who lived far from here
Now the bard songs are over
And it's time to leave
No one should ask you for the name
Of the one
Who tells the story

Calliara didn't realize that merchants and costumers were looking at her, listening to her song. If she had, she'd become nervous for the attention and their stares, but in that moment, she didn't care. She had a beautiful carving and now she had a guitar, and that two simple things lit up her spirit.

Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow all will be known
And you're not alone
So don't be afraid
In the dark and cold
'Cause the bards' songs will remain
They all will remain...
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Thu May 27, 2010 7:38 am

Drake smirked as Durbans came along, sat and ate, along with Calliara who seemed to be completely confused as to why he had paid or even with what. It hadn't been from the camp's coffers. It was his own. He tried to tell himself that it was only so they could have more music as he did enjoy some even if he seldom seemed as if he was taking much note of it.

She sang and the fighter listened, eating slowly and savoring the hot apple cider. It was some good cider and he continued to watch the crowd for clues as to how things were going. They had begun acquiring quite a bit of attention but nothing untoward.

Once Calliara stopped singing, he stood, "I am going to get the tents and supplies now. Durbans and Calliara, if you could get vegetables and some kind of meat then we can be on our way."

He stood and was off, determined to get his duties done and get back to the camp. He didn't like being away too long.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Thu May 27, 2010 8:26 am

Marcus listened carefully to Calliara's song, but it was not a song he had ever heard. Still, it was indeed beautiful music and he enjoyed the tale being spun. He kept carving into the block as she sang, it was starting to take shape but still had no features at all so it was impossible to tell what it was. He waited till the girl had finished her song and he grinned over at her. "That was brilliant, fair one. I love it." He said through his smile. There were cheers and applause from the dwarves who listened in and Marcus urged her to stand and take a bow.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Thu May 27, 2010 8:38 am

"That was brilliant, fair one. I love it."

Calliara smiled him back shyly, but blushed when she heard the applause and cheers and Durbans made her take a bow, but she did, with great shame.

"I am going to get the tents and supplies now. Durbans and Calliara, if you could get vegetables and some kind of meat then we can be on our way."

She nodded and smiled at him, then turned to Durbans.

''I am not used to buy in markets''.She admitted. ''So I'll follow you. Did you find mabari collars? I need to buy some clothes too for Bowen and for me''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Thu May 27, 2010 5:14 pm

The applause was reassuring and appreciated as Drake wished for Calliara to be noticed for her singing. He took himself to get the supplies they would require, haggling with each shopkeeper in a polite and expressionless manner. It unnerved some that he would show no expression and therefore gave no indication as to what he was feeling. This made his buying experience easier as he could work things around without anyone knowing how much he appreciated or did not appreciate the products he was looking at.

After some time of obtaining what they required, he returned to the seats they had been in and waved the urchin over to go get him another hot cider. He was not about to leave his new purchases alone for possible thieves. He sat there quietly, watching people go past as if he was just watching the woods and nature.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Fri May 28, 2010 8:01 am

Marcus held out a hand to (politely) help Calliara to her feet. She was smiling at him, whether it was in gratitude or if she just genuinely tolerated his presence, he smiled in kind. ''I am not used to buy in markets''.She admitted. ''So I'll follow you. Did you find mabari collars? I need to buy some clothes too for Bowen and for me.'' She said and Marcus nodded. He held out the jewel-encrusted Mabari collar he got for a steal of a price. "Never you fear, fair one. Durbans is here. I shall show you how he barters." He grinned and went into the food market.

First he headed to the vegetable vendor, and he pointed to the lettuce. "These, ser. I would like twenty heads." He told the shopkeeper who clapped his hands together. "Most excellent choice, my boy. That'll cost a total of Fifty silvers." The Durgen'len smiled. Marcus leaned forward and smiled back, but connivingly. "Tell you what, good ser. You give me twenty heads of lettuce for no more than fifteen silvers." He said with a smile. The Dwarf looked to Marcus as if he were daft, but then Marcus started to raise his price, and the Dwarf started to lower his own. Until the Dwarf reached fifteen silvers, Marcus shouted "SOLD!" And handed him the money, whistling merrily as he bagged the lettuce.

He repeated this process with other merchants until the two of them had the required supplies. And then he went with Calliara to clothes shop.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Fri May 28, 2010 8:19 am

Calliara listened carefully, amused and trying hard not to laugh. She was silent most of the time, but laughed sincerely with Durban's jokes or even his babblings, grateful for the collar and still delighted with the carving.

''You have to tell me how much did this thing cost... You chose well, it's beautiful, I think Fenrir will like it''

Once they had the supplies and he guided her to the clothes stores, Calliara examined everything carefully. Finally she bought, with her own money, two green men shirts, a pair of masculine leather pants, and then some clothes for her, just one white shirt, another pair of leather pants and unmentionables for both sexes without demostrating shame, but she explained him.

''Bowen and I only have what we are wearing now, and just a few things more, but most of them are spoilt. Under his armor his shirt is torn and bad sewed, for example.''

Once she was done and payed for the clothes, she smiled at him again.

''Ok, that's all I needed. We can go back with Drake, or there is something you need to buy?''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Fri May 28, 2010 8:34 am

As they shopped, Calliara posed a question to Marcus. ''You have to tell me how much did this thing cost... You chose well, it's beautiful, I think Fenrir will like it'' She asked, to which Marcus replied. "Ten sovereigns. The poor lady was dumbfounded I sleighted her but she was the one who ended up setting the price anyway." He chuckled. Whilst they were shopping for clothes, he noted she was also picking up undergarments not only for herself, but also for her 'brother'. She explained herself and Marcus shurgged. "Fair vision, I am not thy keeper, and cannot judge you on your purchases. Just know that all is well and that you have a lick-the-mirror handsome bodyguard with you to see you safe and sound back to camp." He smiled over at her as he picked out a couple new shirts and pants for himself (Mind, that they were all very similar to what he was already wearing) and purchased them.

"Aye, let us go to the fellow with the great hair." He chortled and walked out with her, smiling.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Fri May 28, 2010 8:44 am

Calliara laughed quietly

''I'm buying this for him because Bowen is an inept with simple things. Ask him to fix a carriage or craft an armor and he will, but ask him to buy some clothes or even food and he'll look at you with a fish face...''

Chatting, both of them walked over Drake, and Calliara smiled at him.

''We're done, ser. Durbans bought a lot of vegetables and venison meat. These...'' She lifted lightly the packed clothes. ''was payed with my own money, they're just clothes. I forgot to ask you if you needed something apart from the group supplies...''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Fri May 28, 2010 6:03 pm

He noticed what the others were doing without expression but was inwardly pleased that they were getting along, yet somewhat unpleased for himself. Drake took note of his feelings to review later and kept his eye out for anything that could become an ill situation for any of them. It was busy but not too busy. There were people started to stream in though and that would be too much for him to handle at this time.

As the other two approached his feet moved him over to them, with his own packs settled on his back, "

''We're done, ser. Durbans bought a lot of vegetables and venison meat. These... was payed with my own money, they're just clothes. I forgot to ask you if you needed something apart from the group supplies...''

"That is good and fine about your own payments. Let's get going. Our leader will probably like to have a meeting some time after supper." He spoke as he walked to their mounts and started affixing his purchases on the mule, "Was there anything else which would be of interest before we leave?"
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sat May 29, 2010 8:47 am

Calliara thought for a moment and then shook her head. ''I don't think so. And if necessary, someone with a fast horse can just come back here to buy something again...''

Assan neghed happily and sniffed her master's hair, and the Dalish smiled, stroking the mare's mane. While her companions placed the purchases on their saddles and the mule, she smiled softly observing her guitar and the carving. Both were lovely... but the guitar was something more special to her than Calliara would admit to anyone. She didn't know why, but she was pretty sure that Drake payed the guitar with his own money, and that thought made her feel something strange, but not unwelcomed. Calliara promised herself to think about it later.

With a smooth movement she was already on her mare, ready to go and watching the road and looking around, just in case. Calliara let Assan to lead for the moment, waiting for the men, and when they passed next to Drake she bent and whispered sweetly to him

''I owe you a song''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Sun May 30, 2010 12:11 pm

Marcus and Calliara, having reunited with Drake, finally decided to set out towards the camp. He mounted his mare and pat her flank gently, and adjusted Durbans on his back to make it more comfortable, then clicked his tongue and they started the march down the mountain. He started to carve that block of wood he was working on earlier and started to hum a bit of a tune, and then ended up singing it aloud to pass the time.

"There was an old farmer who lived on a rock.
He sat in the meadow just shaking his...

Fist at some boys who were down by the crick.
Their feet in the water their hands on their...

Marbles and playthings and at half past four.
There came a young lady she looked like a...

Pretty young creature she sat on the grass.
She pulled up her dress and she showed them her...

Ruffles and laces and white fluffy duck.
She said she was learning a new way to...

Bring up her children so they would not spit.
While the boys in the barnyard were shovelling...

Refuse and litter from yesterday's hunt.
While the girl in the meadow was rubbing her...

Eyes at the fellow down by the dock
He looked like a man with a sizeable...

Home in the country with a big fence out front
If he asked her politely she'd show him her...

Little pet dog who was subject to fits
And maybe she'd let him grab hold of her...

Small tender hands with a movement so quick
And then she'd bend over and suck on his...

Candy so tasty made of butterscotch
And then he'd spread whipped cream all over her...

Cookies that she had left out on her shelf
If you think this is dirty you can go fuck yourself!
"

He chuckled as the song was meant to amuse not to be serious.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sun May 30, 2010 12:30 pm

He got up onto Sinjan's horse and had him moving in but a moment. When Calliara got beside him saying she owed him a song he looked over to her and gave her the tiniest of smiles, "You owe me nothing, Songbird; however, I would be pleased to hear another tune from you."

That was when Durbans started to sing and a brow rose then his eyes rolled. It was amusing that he'd sing such a tawdry ditty but certainly not unexpected. Once his voice died away he took a deep breath for his own song, his deep baritone making it a strong tune.

The minstrel to the war is gone,
In the ranks of death you'll not find her;
Her father's sword she hath girded on,
And her wild harp slung behind her;

"Land of Song!" cried the warrior bard,
(Should) "Tho' all the world betrays thee,
One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
One faithful harp shall praise thee!"

The Minstrel fell but got back up! The foeman's steel
Could not bring that proud soul asunder;
The harp she lov'd spoke again and again,
For she tore its chords asunder;

And sang "No chains shall sully thee,
Thou soul of love and brav'ry!
Thy songs were made for the pure and free
They shall never sound in slavery!
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun May 30, 2010 12:38 pm

"You owe me nothing, Songbird; however, I would be pleased to hear another tune from you."

Calliara blinked, and blushed lightly, delighted with that nickname, and smiled at him.

''I'll sing for you then... if you keep calling me that...''

Then Durbans started to sing, and she looked at him, astonished, but in the end she was giggling like a child with his naughty and irresistable funny song, laughing sincerely.

When Drake began singing as well Calliara looked at him, surprised again, and couldn't resist finishing the song

''The Minstrel will return we pray
When we hear the news we all will cheer it,
The minstrel will return one day,
Torn perhaps in body, not in spirit.
Then may she play on her harp in peace,
In a world such as Heaven intended,
For all the bitterness of man must cease,
And ev'ry battle must be ended''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Sun May 30, 2010 1:00 pm

He chuckled, as it seemed that now was a singing competition, so as he carved, he switched to a song that was a bit more forlorn as opposed to jovial, his countenance changed from his usual idiocy to one of seriousness.

"Which way to the fountain of my youth I wonder
Which way to the years I've let go by
Let a thirsty man drink in its memories while the water still flows sweet and crystal clear
For yesteryear

Oh to see the sun's eclipse
on the horizon like ships
sailing way away from here
Oh just one more time my dear
Before I'll go hear me out
Cos of this there ain't no doubt
When it's time for curtain call
Just before the shadows...

Fall like a leaf in the wind on the ocean
Of blue like your eyes in the twilight theater
With symphonies playing in the world without sound
We're given and denied

Give me back my innocence cos I wish to dream again
Like I never outgrew my old playground
Where the sun sets slowly with a golden crown and the leaves sing lullabies 'round vacant swings
Give me those wings

Let me fly once again
Like I did way back when
I would gamble and win
To lift me high above the din
Of the future we see
Does it hold something for me
I'm weightless again

We're given and denied

Before I'll go hear me out
Cos of this there ain't no doubt
When it's time for curtain call

We're given and denied

We're given and denied
"

He sang in a calm, but clear tone, granted, he was no bard but his voice did have a quality to it uncommon in a lummox.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum