Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Sadness in Wardens' Home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Sadness in Wardens' Home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Sadness in Wardens' Home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Sadness in Wardens' Home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Sadness in Wardens' Home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Sadness in Wardens' Home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Sadness in Wardens' Home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Sadness in Wardens' Home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Sadness in Wardens' Home - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Sadness in Wardens' Home

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Sadness in Wardens' Home - Page 3 Empty Re: Sadness in Wardens' Home

Post  Lithawen Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:41 pm

..:: Sinjan killed Kestral?::..

Lithawen smirked at the man's reaction. It pulled her back from her bad mood, and brought her enjoyment. She did oh so love to tease men, watch them squirm as they wanted her, or remembered her body. Perhaps the only time she presented herself as calm and even with a semblance of normality to her ever temperamental personality. "Ah so you remember my rear. And here I was under the impression you cared not to recall. I thought you might have been snubbing me.

But my brother has a problem with staying down. He's never been one to lose and not seek another fight, with a trick or skill to back him up more.
"

Lithawen looked to her dalish kin and nodded slightly. "I would like to know more about your previous encounter. A demon may have easily tricked you, and showed you what it knew you desired most..." she offered her knowledge about the Fade to them, but it wasn't as much as perhaps the Templar or the Circle knew. Or perhaps it was more but simply from a different point-of-view, dalish magic was older and they once had a grad understanding of the Fade.
Lithawen
Lithawen

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:56 am

''Your brother better stay quiet to prevent Bowen hearing his complaining about elves and such'' Calliara stated calmly, but with a tiny pride smile. ''He absolutely hates that, and will have no problems with kicking his ass from the tallest tower. Poor knighty Bowen can't stand elves being molested by stupid racist humans. Maybe because he married a half elf, and had to deal with anyone trying to insult her. I bet he was scary''

She hid a chuckle and then her face turned serious again, nodding to Lithawen. ''What I know of the Fade is little, so every knowledge you can share with me is welcomed. I am afraid I'm not intelligent enough for more complicated explanations, such as all the myth and nonsense shem usually believe, mostly their encaged mages, so your straight-to-the-point things make me feel better. Why do they need to embellish everything they say with complicated words?''

The Wolf smiled brightly, showing she was joking, and then her smile disappeared again. ''I spoke to Duncan, former commander of the Grey, Lithawen. I am almost sure it was him for real, as he... knew things only him and I knew, but as you said, I may have been tricked. Creators know I'm gullible enough when it comes to this matter, I just... miss him so much'' She finished, with a weak whisper

Really, now, now the Keeper would have information enough to hate her -for loving a human, and now loving another 'human', great - and for mock her for being still grieving, a human! Mythal's breath, now that it seemed the Dalish Keeper was opening a bit to her...

''In any case, you're presence is welcomed. We're trying to summon him again, because Sinjan needs to ask him something, if he is truly Duncan''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinjan Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:45 am

Lithawen thought he had been snubbing her? In a way he had but only to get away from her tongue lashings. It was bitter sweet to be near the woman and since he had work to do most of the time he tended to not get much of a chance to see the mage. If he was in the dining room when she was it was likely that he had to carry in food. If she was in the Salle then he was moving equipment. If they were in the hall at the same time he was running some form of errand or trying to find a lost paige.

"It has seemed like I've been avoiding you, hasn't it?" He said in a low, grieved voice. This day had been the first time he was able to sneak away and it was still due to a sort of business in itself. If Nygozy's child did not have a soul there could be various repercussions not only to his friend but to the wardens in general.

It was true that a demon could have tricked Calliara. Demons could trick almost anyone but he didn't think this was the case. He leaned back against the wall and listened to the women while hoping that this would be done soon.
Sinjan
Sinjan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lithawen Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:29 pm

"The problem is Kestral is some what stoic when he isn't speaking. Bowen might not have the cause to throw him from anywhere." It made the elf angry how her brother managed to avoid trouble, mostly from the fact he was of noble blood, and it wasn't worth fighting his hatred for those who cared about elves, and those in enough power to punish him saw no need as they cared little for the other races.

Lithawen tied the bundle of seeds she was carrying up and slung it over her shoulder as Calliara explained. "Demons are tricky like that. They know more than we want them too. Some can read our minds, some our hearts. It's what makes them so dangerous."

There was much the angry elf could say about her sister's love for a human, both in the past and at presence. She even took a breath to start preaching, lecturing, and hating, but the look on Calliara's face gave her enough pause to realize it was far from worth the sadness of the Bard. "It's not often we have the chance to speak with those who've left us. I have not heard of such a thing outside of the trickery of a Desire demon. I am merely warning you, I know you've already gotten your hopes up. Just...realize there is always more to the Fade than what we on this plane know."

She shot a quick look to Sinjan, an eyebrow cocked to his statement. Like it wasn't a question or not that he was avoiding her. Nor did she seem distressed over the matter. But that moment passed and she focused back to Calliara and her Fade problems.
Lithawen
Lithawen

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:55 pm

''He can always pretend he actually heard something awful from him'' Calliara shrugged, then looked around. ''Alright, so if you're not going to have angry sex, which is a shame, and are not going to fight either, let's get this done before I change my mind...''

She tried to laugh, but couldn't. The feeling was there again, and the Dalish kept looking around, trying to hear something, to feel something... But there was nothing she could see or hear.

''Don't you feel it? Something is happening. Is like... a cold, wet blanket that is slowly wrapping itself around us...'' Creator's mercy, even her breath was visible now, the temperature in the room had suddenly changed to a cooler environment, not enough to be uncomfortable, but noticeable.

Still, nothing seemed to happen, and when the Wolf was about to sigh and tell the other two to go back...

''I heard your voice...''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinjan Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Stoicism seemed to be one of the easiest manners in which to use to keep out of trouble and Lithawen was right about her brother using it to his benefit. It was always those types of people that you had to watch out for the most. They would start trouble then react as if it was the victim's fault.

Sinjan nodded to that truth then tapped the wall with the back of his hand for the heck of it. It was nervous fidgeting and he knew it but he did it nonetheless so that he would stay calm. The subject had gotten back onto the ghost but how long it would stay there until one or the other woman would turn to tease was an unknown he didn't wish to think of. But think of it he did.

Just as he was about to assume all was fine Calliara teased about angry sex again. He pushed himself away from the wall and gave her a pouty look which he'd hoped would come off as stoic but it was true that Lithawen and her brother was much better at that feat than he.

"Calli..." He whined just before he noticed her expression. What the ... it was getting colder and he could see a puff of air from his breath. What in the world? Could demons make the air colder or was that only ghosts? And Calliara seemed to be sensing something more than he was.

He glanced to Lithawen with questioning eyes then turned back to Calliara, "Calli?" Sinjan questioned as he moved forward a step, "Is everything alright?"

''I heard your voice...''

Sinjan yelped and turned around and around looking for the originator of the voice but all that was there was the three of them. He tried to make himself look dignified as he realized that he had almost sounded like a little girl screaming and did not want anyone to realize that.

"Finally." He tried to sound unafraid. He was good at handling the real world, well sorta, but the supernatural was another. He'd hated it in the Fade when Nygozy had taken them to the Tower during the infestation and now he was easily disturbed by it - and how it could trick others, "Here I thought we were running up against a wall."
Sinjan
Sinjan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lithawen Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:24 am

..:: God, I have litterally rewritten this post several times because I keep loosing it to my phone spazing, my computer having to be reset, and me just staring at the post box trying to remember what I wrote to begin with. ::..

Lithawen looked to Sinjan as he attempted stoic, it came out as a cute pout. Was this man an idiot, she wondered. And she put on her own stoic manner as she was neither amused nor bemused about the jests of angry sex.

And then the it was almost visiable how thin the veil became. Fade energy floading the enclosed space, corsing through the mages body, warming her very spirit. This energy made her stronger, and she could feel that right away. All magic feeds off the fade, and she could feel her body desiring that very energy. She felt that energy warm her ad the room chilled, almost burn her from the inside out.

Her eyes survayed the room, it lookec the same, but felt worlds apart. Lithawen continued to be silent, and simply observe the situation, trying to determn if it was in fact a ghost or was a nasty demon playing with their minds.
Lithawen
Lithawen

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:40 pm

Calliara looked around, trying hard to stay calm, to not fret, not show how moved and anxious and sad she was feeling right then... But she knew she was failing

Slowly, she took one step, and then another one, trying to place where the voice was coming from. It seemed to be more focused on the way to the stairs, and so she faced that way

''I see you have company now, moonlight'' Duncan's voice sounded relieved somehow. ''Ah, and another Dalish... Andaran atish'an, falon. And be welcomed as well, young man''

''So you can see us'' The Wolf muttered, a bit disappointed that was not the case for them. ''But I... we cannot see you''

''I am afraid that's the way things work here, child''

Suddenly, Calliara blinked and touched her cheek, surprised. Duncan's soft laughter echoed in the room.

''Yes... I touched you. I wasn't sure about that''

The Wolf looked back at Lithawen and Sinjan, hoping they wouldn't see the tears she was fighting back. ''I... I... They are Lithawen and Sinjan. Lithawen is a Grey Warden from Orlais, and Sinjan is...''

''A Koru, I assume. That red hair is unmistakable''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinjan Tue May 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Sinjan glanced at Lithawen who was now looking stoic so he sighed at the thought of how he never could get away with it as that woman could. For a moment it infuriated him that she was so cool and debonair in the face of any odds where he looked like he was pouting or lost. Damn that woman! She tore him to pieces just being there.

He pulled his attention away from Lithawen to watch Calliara who was trying to be calm but was doing no good at it. No wonder. Her lover before Drake was making a house call from beyond the grave and that could make almost anyone piss their pants let alone look like they were not concerned. She took a couple steps towards the stairs then looked at it as if she'd found the speaker they were hearing. To him it was sound bouncing off walls, unlike listening for the living where he could hear and tell where the sound was coming from. This voice seemed to be anywhere but since Calliara looked in that direction, so did he.

''I see you have company now, moonlight. Ah, and another Dalish... Andaran atish'an, falon. And be welcomed as well, young man''

So this spirit called her "moonlight." That was something to remember for whenever Drake came back. Heck, they could use Drake now but that was beyond their ability. He put a hand against the wall to try to look laid back but felt moss squish under his palm and make his hand slip. He caught his balance and rubbed his hand off on his tabard trying to look as if nothing had happened.

''So you can see us. But I... we cannot see you''

''I am afraid that's the way things work here, child''

Of course that was the way things worked. The better to scare you my pretty, bwa ha ha. Sinjan rolled his eyes. Spectres, spirits, those from beyond the veil seemed to never be able to show themselves properly for one reason or another. He wondered why but really did not care to ask.

Then Calliara touched her cheek and there was gentle laughter. Well that was interesting.

''Yes... I touched you. I wasn't sure about that''

Now that spirit made Calli cry and Sinjan sneered in the general direction of the ghost now thinking nasty thoughts about his best friend's girlfriend crying. He did not pretend not to see the tears but he did not stop looking towards where the sound was coming from.

''I... I... They are Lithawen and Sinjan. Lithawen is a Grey Warden from Orlais, and Sinjan is...''

''A Koru, I assume. That red hair is unmistakable''

Sinjan tilted his head a touch and even though the sneer wasn't quite off his face yet he started thinking of his quest instead of how this hurt his poor snowy haired friend. It didn't seem to bother Lithawen but she was a woman carved of stone anyway so he wasn't worried about the other elf. She would attack if she felt threatened and he would hopefully have enough warning to duck or jump out of the way.

"A Koru is correct. We never officially met but my father said you visited when I was a child and that you had promised to watch for my brother to help us find him." He took a deep breath, stealing some confidence from the steadying of his nerves, "I would guess you have little time to be here so let's get down to what we have come for. But first ... my father gave you a signet. What was the signet of?"

Sinjan had a copy of the signet in a container within his coin purse and he took it out to roll around in his hand. He had not opened it so did not know what it was. The only way this Duncan could know what it was would be if he were truly Duncan.
Sinjan
Sinjan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lithawen Thu May 03, 2012 10:08 pm

Lithawen stayed her voice as the fade being spoke. It had yet to present itself as a threat so she would let it contiue to try and prove itself as the late Duncan. Calliara was upset by its presence though. Untamed emotions welling up in her eyes. Love. A consept so out right disgusting to the guarded woman. The thought of being so open to an emotional assault was just unacceptable.

The mages eyes were trained to a mass of energy, it was so thick that it was almost visible to her. The mass was just in front of Calli, it moved forward slightly and Calli retracted, touching her cheek.

Lithawen did not like this situation. A fade entity was among the waking world. This was not right, it left the world scared. Thinning the veil with each second it was there. And even if this spirit was the true Duncanm his presence may allow for other, less friendly, spirits to come through.

The spell was on the tip of her tounge, ready to spill forward so she could spring into attack. Fade shrowd would allow her body to exist between this world and the fade, which would hopefully allow her to confront any dangers that presented themselves.
Lithawen
Lithawen

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Fri May 04, 2012 4:46 am

''Smart lad''

Calliara looked back at Sinjan and Lithawen while Duncan laughed quietly. Lithawen seemed like holding back a spell, and most likely that was what the Keeper was doing, having a spell prepared just in case. Blessed Lithawen, all grumpy and difficult to befriend, but reliable. The Wolf wished they could be friends eventually, but she feared that the knowledge of her preference for human lovers made that impossible.

Then, the spirit continued. ''The signet has a bear and a hawk; the bear is swatting the air while the hawk is by its side. It's a signet that belongs to your mother Dalish clan. The Arainai''

The Wolf's eyes snapped open. ''Arainai! But that is...!''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinjan Fri May 04, 2012 4:26 pm

Sinjan took the signet out of container and looked at it after Duncan spoke then smiled as he showed it to both Lithawen and Calliara. He glanced at Calliara and shrugged, "That is...?" He asked Calliara jokingly but wanting an answer as well.

He turned towards the spectre and gave a slight bow, "You are whom I am looking for then. Let me try to be frank. What I ask may be painful for some but I believe it may remove pain in the long run." He took a deep breath and let it out almost calmly, "Nygozy is pregnant and has been told that the child will be born without a soul by a man who has knowledge of such things. Jezarine looked up information to see if this would be true and found it to be correct in many cases. I wished to ask of you if you would like to rejoin this world as Nygozy's child."

The knight stood still like a statue awaiting his answer or questions regarding this situation. The spirit had proven who he was as the container the signet was in was made of a material Jezarine said could not be seen through by beings from the Fade so he was sure he was right. He hoped he was right about the choice to ask this as well.
Sinjan
Sinjan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lithawen Wed May 16, 2012 9:30 am

Lithawen watched as the spirit engaged the other two. She had known Duncan in life, but only in name and one passing encounter. It wasn't much, so she felt absolutely nothing for the man, even if he was a fellow warden and "brotherhood" should have been a factor, but as it was with most things, the elf cared little for it. The spirit had little care for the elf regardless. And instead reserved his time to proving to the others that he was as who he said he was. The late Duncan. There was tangible relief from the Dalish Bard and the Half Elf, but the mage stayed on her toes. She trusted little from the fade. Caution was her game, and she played it well, her eyes stayed trained on Duncan's general area.

A spirit taking over the body of a baby....that was interesting. And the late lover of a woman who has already found another. Much more interesting. This situation was sure to end well. A soulless child though...that was more troubling than it should have been...or perhaps it was just as troubling as it should be. Soulless is inviting to all sorts of Fade darkness. And there had been enough of the troubles with demons and spirits.
Lithawen
Lithawen

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Wed May 23, 2012 9:13 am

''My mother's clan'' Calliara finished, a bit confused with all that. She knew Zevran's surname was Arainai. If Sinjan knew that already, why hadn't he asked the assassin about it...?

The Wolf looked briefly at Lithawen, trying to read in her what she thought about the spirit, the Fade and what was happening. Of course the Keeper had an extremely disapproval face, but that wasn't new. Ah well. While Sinjan explained himself to Duncan she tried not to say anything or show sadness, although all that plan made her heart cringe.

Duncan seemed to be confused as well.

''You... are offering me to return as Nygozy's child?'' There was a snort of disbelief, and the mass of energy only Lithawen could see moved closer to Calliara, as if seeking her comfort. ''Do you even realize what you're asking me?''

Calliara said nothing, and shrugged looking at Sinjan and Lithawen. Duncan continued

''If I... return, I won't be myself. You are asking me to forget everything I've been, everything I've done, my sacrifices, my duties, my memories, my honor... my love. I won't remember who I was, I won't suffer that pain. But you are asking me to bring that pain to those I love. I understand why you are asking, lad, and it is indeed a good idea. But you are asking me to come back and not be able to grow old with my woman. You are asking me to forget her and everyone else. You are asking me to sweep everything I've done while alive under the rug and start over again as if anything had happened''

The spirit stopped speaking for a moment, that became a minute, then two. Calliara looked around, unable to see that the mass of energy was still there, just not moving.

''Duncan...?''

''I am still here, moonlight'' He assured her gently. ''Please, forgive me for what I am about to say''

''What?''

''I am a Grey Warden. I was. I still am. I am still vigilant. We are still serving. And I made an oath with my Joining. I won't escape my duty, not even in death'' The spirit seemed to breath in.

''So my answer is No''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinjan Thu May 24, 2012 3:13 pm

As soon as Duncan started to talk Sinjan knew that his quest had been useless. The way the ghost reacted to him as if he were a child who understood nothing did nothing to improve the tension but made it much worse. The discussion seemed like an insulting slap to his face as if he was planning to eat his soul.

Eyes narrowed and not only a frown came upon the young knight's face but his nose wrinkled up with angry distaste, a reaction Sinjan seldom had even when it came to Lithawen teasing him.

"Do I know what I am offering you?" He finally sneered at the place where he thought the spectre stood in front of Calliara, "Jezarine looked up the information after Nygozy had spoken with Kraven and you should know how thorough she is as you knew her before you came to Fereldan over the invasion. So I know what I am asking!"

Sinjan turned to look directly at the spot he assumed Duncan had taken and pointed a finger at him, "You forget that you are a GHOST! You are not a live person and sooner or later you will be called to where souls go for coming back as a new person. That will change you. Or are you going to hang about hoping for a chance to be a warden again and tear apart those who love you? And don't tell me that won't happen. As long as you are a ghost no one can have closure. She will continue to dream of you as if you were alive! She will continue to cry on Drake's shoulder hoping and not hoping for you to return while feeling guilty about thinking that way. Her pain will not end until you are not a ghost." The knight jabbed his thumb towards the snowy haired beauty.

He snorted derisively. Even though he was angry he spoke clearly and openly, "The chance I give you is to come back as a person you know will be taken care of properly, you know the child will be taught about being a warden and if anything may have the chance to do more for the people of Fereldan. Yes it would hurt some people knowing it is your soul at first but that would change to a different love as you grew and it would also give Ny's child a chance to be a real person instead of a shell of a killing machine!"

His arms crossed over his chest defiantly, "So your answer of 'no' seems offensively selfish."

((Gods this took a lot on speech recognition ha. But it was fun.))
Sinjan
Sinjan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lithawen Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:25 pm

Lithawen shook her head, eyes passing from person to person to ghost. "I agree with Duncan. The pain of his... resurrection would run deep in the hearts of those who loved him in life. It is an unnatural thing growing within Nygozy's belly. Spiritless, hollow." the mage voiced.

It was true she had not read up on this particular subject as Jez had, but she knew the nature of the fade. "Even with a soul forced inside it, the body would be at danger of being taken by a powerful spirit, and the soul at risk of corruption past anything normal living-beings ever face. Even if it steamed the tides of the lust for blood, the soul may not keep those urges at bay, and then your dear Duncan would become something....twisted."

She looked to Calli, sorrowfully. It was not what the Dalish wished to hear. The prospect of a dead lover come back to life, was a sweat one indeed. But she had a new love now. She and the man, Drake, were quite close from what Sinjan had said. Lithawen had been not been too attentive as she was busy with tasks of her own. And perhaps she had missed the "bonding" with her fellow wardens, but she felt a kinship for the Dalish. After all it seemed like it was the world against the Dalish most days. Then again recently it was the world against the mages. An elf, and a Mage, the most hated combination around.

"Regardless this is a matter best left to thought. Shall we come to see you this time the morrow? Time to weigh the pros and cons of this decision. It is, after all, not one to be taken lightly."
Lithawen
Lithawen

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:23 pm

(Am I the only one who remembers Alistair's mother was a Warden and he turned out fine?

/end cameo)
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Lithawen Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:27 pm

..::It's actually not confirmed who Alistair's mother is. The book says that Maric had a kid with Fiona, but it's not stated that it's Alistair. It could be another son, which would be another mess to deal with if he wanted the throne. And in the game Bitchy-sister says that the maid died in childbirth, but also she had been told that the child had too. What is known is that Alistair is Maric's kid. But not who his mother is. It's not explicitly stated who she is, other than Alistair was told that it was the maid, and that indeed Maric had a child with the maid and Fiona. An argument could be made that he is neither of those lady's kid. But an argument could be made that is he as well.::..
Lithawen
Lithawen

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:15 am

[Well, I remember and I've mentioned here and there when this talk started, so Calliara at least knows about Alistair's mother. I thought we had that as lore. We'll see what Nyggy says. Either way, we were counting that as fact. Also take in mind that Nygozy was the one killing the Archdemon, and that could have had special effects on her. I don't think getting in touch with an Old God would leave you just as before]

''Don't use my pain as an excuse'' Calliara pleaded quietly. She hadn't strenghth even for being angry. That was just wrong. The last thing she wanted was Sinjan getting angry and worse, Duncan becoming furious, as she knew he was.

''If you didn't want my opinion why did you ask in first place?'' Duncan said, apparently calm, but Calliara knew better. She could imagine the hairs on his back neck, the frown, the tense jaw while trying to remain calm and composed. She had seen that face so many times while dealing with Cailan and Loghain. ''I may be dead, kid, but I still can think for myself, thank you very much. And my answer keeps being no''

The Wolf shook her head. She was ashamed of knowing it, but she was relieved. She was not getting him back as he were, and she knew positively that knowing his soul was inside Nygozy's child would kill her eventually, in spite of all her love for Drake. It was already difficult to not burst in jealousy for Nygozy's fortune with conceiving.

''You keep saying that I am a ghost, but I don't think you know what that means. I'm not wandering Ferelden, howling in despair and looking for my living comrades, Koru. I am in the sodding Fade, guarding the Old Gods with my dead companions. Grey Wardens do not reincarnate, it's another perk of the Joining. If you think I will flee my duty even after death, you are very wrong and you don't know a thing about me''

Calliara blinked owlishly. That was getting worse. Duncan had swore, and that was a bad signal.

''You are talking to me in this place because there is a tear in the Veil in this place specially. Once it's repaired, you won't hear me ever again. I am a spirit, not a ghost. Get that in your thick head. The only conditions with what I would return would be becoming my old self, with my age, my memories, and my woman. That can't be, and I refuse wasting time regretting it, even if now I have all the time in the eternity to regret''

Again the energy mass moved, and the Wolf felt something touching her cheek, then her lips, and suddenly something very cold embraced her, but she said nothing as she welcomed the feeling. She only wished she could hug him back.

''Forgive me, moonlight'' Duncan's voice was calmer now, the energy mass stepped back. ''You are a fitting Koru heir, Sinjan. Your father would be proud. Your heart and compassion are enormous, and that I am thankful for. I couldn't ask better for looking after my little Commander and my Wolf. But I can't do what you ask me for. I can only tell you that instead of using an... 'used' soul, use a new one. There are plenty of unborn children's souls in the Fade, with no memories and anxious of being loved.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinjan Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:48 pm

Sinjan turned his head as Lithawen spoke, angry for a moment that she would dare to intervene in this "discussion" and furious that she would agree with Duncan as he knew that Calliara would agree. He'd thought he could use logic and try to make Duncan realize the extreme need for this to work but it was not going that way. It was going to be a rough journey for his little friend because no one would actually listen to him.

Then the woman he could not keep his mind off, at least for long, pointed out more reality than he had thought of. A rough, twisted being growing within Nygozy, one with no mind to the lives of others except through a twisted thought process. How would a child keep at bay the taint within itself, the taint Nygozy had sent on through her own blood?

He turned his head and breathed out his nose knowing that Lithawen was correct. Even as Duncan spoke he considered more about the taint then the dead man's words. If he had been listening too well to him then Sinjan would have become angry again and yelled at the spirit but he was half there. His mission was a failure no matter what way he turned. Whether Duncan would have accepted or not it was a useless venture he could not continue without fear that whatever they did would make this child whole and strong enough to fight what it was bent to become.

All he could do now was hope it became a stillbirth. That would be the kindest way for everyone. Even better is if it never even came to full growth and was aborted.

Sinjan breathed deeply as Duncan turned his own rant into compliments then a suggestion about children who needed to be born but nothing would help his feelings of losing his personal war for his friend and shame for not having thought of what both Lithawen and Duncan had said. It was more Lithawen's words which had ripped the heart of it out of him but Duncan's were the coup de gras.

"No. Lith is correct." He said, the thought of his fight being a complete failure having left him worn and frayed. The once proud and hopeful outcast was completely destroyed, "Whatever we do the fetus is tainted. No baby can fight that strength." He said it without feeling, a dull drone of a faded passion.

Without another word he turned from the group and walked up the stairs like a broken machine.
Sinjan
Sinjan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:56 pm

[But maybe Innocence can make it! D: *pets Sinjan's head* it was a good idea, don't let it go so easily!]
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lithawen Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:50 am

Sinjan looked pale, and only half present while Duncan spoke. He took her words hard, but he had only looked mad for a moment. It seemed to be a strange thing for him to hear her logic, rather than hear her words of unadulterated hate. Hard words too hear, but knowledge he must become aware of. There were many possibilities with the shell growing within the Commander's belly.

The babe could take on Duncan's spirit, and it could live a full and happy life, warden or not. Or it could take on any spirit, even those of the unborn as Duncan had suggested, and it could twist them into demons, trapped outside the fade to thrive in their chaos. This was a cruel thought, as the evil could surface early on, and then a child would be the target of many.

Lithawen stepped towards Sinjan. He looked shaky. No. More than shaken. He looked defeated. This was important too him, a just cause to fight for. And all the mage could do was reach out to him, touching his arm in a hope that was a comfort. "Whatever we do the fetus is tainted. No baby can fight that strength." his words struck deep.

The woman had never thought much on the matter of children. She knew one day she wished for little ones. To watch them run and play in the forest with the Halla. To sing them to sleep in the night. To recall stories with them around the fires of the Dalish Clan. The thought of children hadn't come to her mind in a long time though, she was still young. There was time wasn't there?

No. That privilege, like so many, had been taken from her at the joining. Those in the order she knew to have children, had them before the taint cursed their blood. A child with that much darkness...would they all end up like the babe inside Nygozy's belly? Would they all be soulless monsters waiting for their chance to spill blood?

This disturbed her. Made her feel like she would be physically ill. Turning her back on the three she took a few steps away for air. In this realization she felt cold. A cold that chilled blood, her bones, and crept through to her heart. The Wardens had taken away the one thing she wished for the most in life. The beautiful love of a child. Her child. Men would come and go. Love for them would fade. Love between a mother and her child was much different. It lasted wars, blights, famine, even centuries.

This wasn't becoming of her reputation though. And so, blank faced, and calm once again she turned to the two living, and the fade spirit. "We need to make sure that a Demon does not possess her child. Sinjan and I were attacked by one on our travels. The Demon did not seem to be connected to the Fade in any way I've felt them before. It was almost as if it moved grounded to our world. If there are others like that then Nygozy is at a great risk. And this tare is creating it's own danger..." She looked to Calli. "I will not risk the lives of everyone in this fort by leaving this gateway open. Say your goodbyes now. And pray it is the closure your heart requires to stay your tears."
Lithawen
Lithawen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3