Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Returning To Vigil's Keep I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Returning To Vigil's Keep I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Returning To Vigil's Keep I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Returning To Vigil's Keep I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Returning To Vigil's Keep I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Returning To Vigil's Keep I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Returning To Vigil's Keep I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Returning To Vigil's Keep I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Returning To Vigil's Keep I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Returning To Vigil's Keep

+3
Elenri
Tatsoo
Admin
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Returning To Vigil's Keep Empty Returning To Vigil's Keep

Post  Admin Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:03 pm

The air became overheated in the center of Vigil's Keep as flames flickered within the main hall from no discernable source. It swirled about the confines of the walls, tearing through Darkspawn which inhabitted the room and bursting out the front doors with a force which threw burning slivers into the courtyard burning anything which was in their way.

Water suddenly sprayed into the hall, extinguishing the flames as wind blew out what remained of the flames. A roar bellowed into the rafters then died out with a wailing screech which shook the rocky walls.

The only sounds left were that off dripping water.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dragonageafter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Returning To Vigil's Keep Empty Re: Returning To Vigil's Keep

Post  Tatsoo Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:40 pm

A form moved through the darkness, stumbling onto the wet floor while holding onto the wall while coughing. A hand moved to a forehead and brushed ash filled hair back from golden eyes. Tatsoo coughed again and stumbled a bit forward, knocking a Darkspawn's arm as she shook her head.

"Where are we?" She asked as her eyes took in the room, "It almost looks like a great hall at Denerim but ... ooh I think you overdid it, Dartmoor."

"Hey it worked didn't it?" Dartmoor exclaimed as he walked past her and sneezed, "It got us through the portal in time, didn't it?"

He looked down at the dead Darkspawn and frowned with disgust, "Whatever you do my love, don't take a whiff. You either dragon boy." He looked back for Kassina as Tatsoo gave him a push for teasing Shade.
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:41 pm

Shade looked over at Dartmoor for a long moment before turning his head to look at the dead, his dark silver eyes once gold shifted from the dead. Since the trip through the fade the boy known as Shade had taken a drastic turn. His once fiery red hair was long and silver and hung over his dark silver eyes that seemed to hold a person like ice. His skin once tan was white as snow with a visible aura around him.

He laid a gentle hand on Tatsoo's shoulder and walked by her, since the transformation Shade had yet to smile once. He moved like a wraith through the door and stopped as he examined his surrondings. "It seems we have finished our journey...or what we believed to be our journey." Shade looked at the others and back as his staff lit up with a glowing light illuminating the dark.

He stepped out into the darkness alone his staff glowing brighter as a small orb generated from the top and floated up and exploded forming a large glowing orb of light. "We must hurry."

(I assume they already went through the fade?)
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:06 pm

A soggy, ashy, and very angry wolf came flying out of the portal just before it closed. Kassina had been bringing up the rear and had barely made it through the portal before it was too late. The speed at which she had hit the portal carried her across the room and she hit the floor in an ungraceful heap.

The muddy wolf tried to get to her feet but gave up with a yelp of pain. And that was when she noticed the smell. In wolf form it was overwhelming. She shifted to elf form to have a weaker nose, but the stench still sickened her. "All make it? Kassina break leg again. Need Taka." the filthy elf girl said in a weak voice.

Takara had hit her head and was a little dazed. The fog was just cleaning when she heard her name. "Ag...gain?" The equally filthy young mage asked. "Y.. You should be more careful. Y.. You're always br..breaking thing! With a resignec sign the mage grouped for her staff. When she found it she gathered some of the nearby water and used it to power a spell to heal all of them.

Slowly both women got to their feet and went to join the others.
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:28 pm

With a sigh the golden lady turned to look at Kassina and waited for Takara to heal the other woman. She waited to make sure the shape shifter was fine and gave her a warm but tired smile.

They had come through a lot together and now that Kraven had left to whatever fate awaited him the four were free to get back to their lives in their own realm. Since time worked differently in the fade as compared to their homelands the group had aged a year but their arrival back to Fereldan was not much more than days. The group was close now as they spent almost no time away from the others, but it was going to be nice to have space now that they did not need to watch each others' backs every single living moment. At least, soon they shouldn't have to so much.

Tatsoo was worried though. Her concern on Shade as they had yet to be able to talk to each other about this transformation of his. The fact that he no longer smiled disturbed her but it had not been that long since the incident. He should be able to come out of it. Shouldn't he?

She turned her head from making sure the others were ok and walked to Shade's side where she was most comfortable even through her fervent concerns for her lover's health in body and mind, "Ah think Kraven said this be Vigil's Keep, aye?" Her golden eyes took in the destruction of the Darkspawn which had been there but it seemed that any others were out somewhere else.

Dartmoor rushed over to Kassina and grabbed her hand, looking down at her leg, "How do you do that all the time, Kass? You'd swear your bones were twigs. Are you sure there isn't something wrong with her bones, Takara?"

He was fussing over her even as Takara did her spell on the woman he'd fallen for. His arm went around her to help her up and help her walk, even though there probably was no reason for him to do so. He didn't care. He would watch over her and make sure nothing happened as much as he could.

It wasn't that he didn't trust Takara's abilities; however, Kraven had said that she may have the power but some things only a true healing teacher could train so even though her power was great she still needed to find someone to train her again. Then again that should be easy as Takara was a warden and once they found Nygozy's group they would find Jezarine and Takara could excel past any healer about.

The young man had faith in his friends but when Shade announced that they needed to hurry he looked back at the other man, "What was it that Kraven said we needed to do again? I'm sorry but I was a bit occupied fighting stuff and opening the gate." He chided but not maliciously.

Shade had talked with Kraven before they left but everyone else had been busy making sure they could escape. It wasn't that Shade was slacking. They needed to know what Kraven told Shade so they could do something important. To the stone he had no clue what that important thing was.
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:18 pm

Shade didn't even move when Dartmoor snipped which only awhile ago would have had the young hot head pissed. However he just turned his head looking at the elf. "What he said was for me, if he wanted you to know he would have told you." His voice was as chilling as his eyes as he spoke.

He looked at Tatsoo then back to the night his only comfort given to her was a slight touch on her hand before he started walking forward alone. As he walked the ground seemed to change as fresh grass grew slowly following his trail. Hie dropped his red robes and muttered something as they changed silver and were put back on.

Shade looked up at Vigils keep and raised a hand and spoke softly, the sky seemed to shift as the wind picked up and lightning flashed across the sky landing in three places. "There are Darkspawn in those three locations...they will come soon. Prepare yourself." Shade got to his knees and slid his hand into the soil and waited.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:05 pm

Kassina stuck her tongue out at the others."Kass no twig! Hurt all time save you!" While the elf sounded offended the others could see the grin on her face. During their journey she had discovered sarcasm and was quite fond of it.

She held Dartmoor's shoulder for support for the first few steps. Once she was sure her leg was okay she planted a quick kiss on his cheak then ran ahead a few steps. Once she was well clear of the others Kassina shifted back to wolf form and trotted after Shade.

When she was clear of the walls the wolf expanded and grew to nearly three times her normal size. Kraven's amulet had let her learn to be any size she wanted, and she loved being large if she had the room to do so. The giant wolf sat and waited, alert for the approaching enemy.

Despite her teasing complaint Takara was glad her friend was okay. The two women had grown quite close in the last year. Takara couldn't quite nelieve they were back. Her first thoughts were of Khael. Was he okay? Was he even still alive? These were dangerous times and they had chosen dangerous lives.

Takara shook off her uneasy thoughts as she followed silently behind the others and prepared for yet another life and death battle.
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:25 pm

Shade watched the Ogres coming his body trembled for a moment before the ground shook and thick roots sprouted from the ground wrapping around the ogres and lifting them into the air, Shade had called for Nature to assist and it had come. The ogres where whirled around in the air slamming into each other. The roots pushed into the Ogre flesh tearing deep inside and with a whiplash they ripped all three apart sending blood and limbs everywhere.

Shade stood up as more Darkspawn ran towards them. "Into the tunnels, i will hold them off until the last one is through." Once Shade would have shown off but now he simply wanted to keep the others alive. His left hand sprouted flamed and throwing them sent five large balls smashing into the charging group and the Darkspawn caught on fire like they were soaked in oil. Thunder shook the sky as Lightning zig zagged down slamming into a smaller skirmish group sending body parts flying. Shade dropped to one knee though he controlled vast amounts of power his body still drained normally for he was a long way away from his full potential. Summoning up his last spell he pulled a thick wall of roots up guarding the door.

He leaned against a wall and laid his hands against the smooth stone and felt his energy returning. He no longer had need of Lyrium potions when the land itself could power him but only in small amounts. It would be sometime before he could call power like that again. "Follow the tunnel. Dartmoor your in the lead we need a light, Kassina your behind Dartmoor, let us know if you scent anything. Tatsoo stay with Takara and keep her safe. I will follow behind and if necessary be the wall between us and the Darkspawn." Shade bent down touching a root as he absorbed energy through it and into his body. Though Lyrium was faster it clogged the minds for Nature magic.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:04 pm

As Shade valled orders and attackes the ogres the giant wolf was already in the move, shrinking as she went in anticipation of the narrower tunnels. A genlock appeared from the shadows, attempting to block her path, but Kassina took in down with a flying leap full of fury and claws. A second genlock was engulfed in a block of ice by Takara as the mage ran behind the wolf.

Once they were inside the tunnel Kassina checked to make sure Dartmoor was okay, then barked once to acknowledge Shade's words as she moved to assume her position.

"I don't need a b... babysitter." Takara said indignently when Shade told Tatsoo to keep her safe. "If anyone n.. needs to be watched it's y... You mister look at me throw insane sp...spells." Takara realized she was bwing crabby and unreasonable but she was too tired to care.

Despite her comments Takara took up her assigned position and preparwd to move out.
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:57 pm

Tatsoo stood beside Shade as the Ogres came closer and she growled at him, "Ah weel not run off an leave ye to overdo yerself." She growled under her breath knowing that he could hear her well enough. She was upset at him for even suggesting it and even more upset that he had unleashed such an amount of energy in a short time.

The golden girl threw her own blasts of wind and dropped a tornado on top of a line of Darkspawn then followed Shade into the cave with the others. Dartmoor was ahead of her after he'd thrown his own fire balls and a fire wall into the horde helping the combinations of attacks to down the rest of their attackers.

She waited silently as the others got ahead a bit. Dartmoor had already taken Kassina's hand and kissed it just before looking her over for anything wrong. He did that every time he could get a chance, making sure she was alright in every way possible. It was noticeable that the man adored the shape shifter and did everything in his power to keep her as safe as he could under the circumstances but knew enough to let her do what she had to. It wasn't like he could stop her.

As Takara snapped back at Shade, Tatsoo smiled at the other woman for standing up for herself then turned to Shade herself, "She's right." She announced while standing in front of him with her arms over her chest. It was easy to tell the woman was upset, "Ye be acting like de boss again and ye overdo yerself even though we all have our powa too. Ah know dat Kraven taught ye to not go overboard and ta conserve da energy or ye could burn yerself out, mebee even die! I don' want dat! Ye be pushin de envelope and it scares me!" She glared at him as she kept back her tears of fear and anger, a snarl on her face but the worry was more than evident. This was taking a large strain on her.

Dartmoor on the other hand noticed that Tatsoo was upset so decided not to let in on Shade himself. Instead he took Kassina by the arm and directed her to a little alcove where he kissed her then smiled, "You did really well, you know that. So ... we ... I'm ready to ..." He struggled with words then looked over to Takara, chickening out, "Hey Takara! Get over here with us. We shouldn't be in firing range."

Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:40 pm

Chaos. That was what Bryant awoken too. He barely had time to grab his sword before a hurlock bashed open his door. He swung at the hurlock, but it knocked away his sword. He focused on the power of the fade and unleashed it at the hurlock, knocking him to the ground. Bryant was able to grab the hurlocks sword and thrust it through the creatures chest. "I thought the darkspawn had retreated. What are they doing in Vigil's Keep?" Bryant asked the empty surroundings. He rushed back inside and slipped into his templar armor. He took his shield and retrieved his sword and ran towards the sounds he that must have awoken him.

He came to an overhang where he saw a mage almost decimating a group of darkspawn. He saw him close a door behind him, as if retreating. "Who was that? Definitely wasn't Anders. How did that mage get in here?" He jumped down to the lower level into a roll that had him facing the door. He saw as roots began to rise up from the ground to protect the door. "How did none of us notice this person enter the place? Could he have led the darkspawn here?

He put his sword up to his face and focused on the door. He began purging the magic to the best of his ability. He slowly saw the roots withering. He tried to force open the door, but to no effect. There must be another group on the other side of the door. He began knocking at the door. "Hey! I know you are in there! I don't know how many survivors there are, but we should stick together against the darkspawn."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:57 pm

Shade smiled stroking Tatsoo's hair. "Fear not young one, your lover has far to go before life leaves him." The eyes glowed for a split second as he looked at Takara. "You are as tired as us Water mage, however you are our healer so please stay with Tatsoo." Shade turned his head as he heard banging and placing his hands on some roots he pooled large amounts of energy into himself giving him enough spells to protect his friends and lover.

The silver mage waved a hand as the roots slid down revealing the Templar. "That is all the Darkspawn here for now mage hunter, No more will you find here only friends." Shade looked at the group behind him and nodded. "Nygozy and the others must have arrived by now, we must meet with them before it is too late. Dartmoor lead the way." Shade nodded to the Templar who at one time he would have gone full out to slay him. Many of the traits that was once Shade seemed to have had vanished and replaced with something else. Shade opened his palm as a glowing orb floated up and forward lighting the path ahead.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:01 pm

Kassinna grinned as Dartmoor fussed over her. There was still much that she didn't know about human (or elven) relationships but he made her immensly happy and as far as she was concerned that was all that mattered.

The elven woman raised her head and let out a low growl a second before the pounding and shouting began outside their refuge. She left Dartmoor's side and went to investigate the stranger when Shade adnitted him. "No smell evil." She declared as she approaches.

As she picked up the scent of Takara's waryness and fear Kassina planted her feet and stared the templar straight in the eyes. "No bad mage here so good be circle man or Kassina bite. Hard." Kassina had very little experience with templars herself but had learned more than enough from Shade and the others to be wary. She stood quiety, firm but not overly threatening, waiting for the stranger's reply.
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:15 am

A brow rose as Shade brushed her hair with his hand as he spoke.

"Fear not young one, your lover has far to go before life leaves him."

"Young one? Ma lover fergets dat ah'm older den he is. Ah think ye gots de cobwebs going on up dere or it be gettin too big fer ye ta be able to hold up." Tatsoo tapped Shade's forehead gently with a fist as she rolled her eyes mockingly, "Ye still have ta be careful. It ain't like da rest of us canna fight so save de thee-ah-tricks fer when dere is a huge threat. What if dere were somethin' bigga than what dere was an it waited until ye be all tired out? Did ye not listen ta yer master's training?"

Shade's eyes glowed as he looked at Takara and Tatsoo sighed, still miffed at Shade even though his brushing of her hair was soothing her. Her eyes were set on the ceiling as he spoke to the healer, "You are as tired as us Water mage, however you are our healer so please stay with Tatsoo."

"Well dat much be sure. Healers are always ta be protected not because a yer abilities, we know ye be de tough mage, but acause we wanna make sure ye be safe ta heal us all includin' yerself. Now de archers, dey be protected because dey not in fighters like de rest a us." She put a hand on Takara's shoulder, "An it make it easier fer da two of us ta talk about de new boots a will be makin' ya when ah ken get back to ma skin work here. Ah think dat demon boots are na holding up well here."

Tatsoo had made boots out of demon flesh while they were in the Fade because she had no access to other forms of leather. It was not her favorite choice but it worked for being able to have footwear. They were tough but the werewolf did not know if they would hold up in the "real" world.

"Hey! I know you are in there! I don't know how many survivors there are, but we should stick together against the darkspawn."

Tatsoo watched as Shade allowed a Templar into the catacombs with them. As the man stood there, Kassina was the first to react, coming forward to sniff the stranger, "No smell evil."

'That is all the Darkspawn here for now mage hunter, No more will you find here only friends."

A moment later the shape shifter got in front of Takara and beside the golden lady within only a moment's time, "No bad mage here so good be circle man or Kassina bite. Hard."

Tatsoo smirked, "Ah would listen ta her, Templa. Kassina not make threats she not willing ta go through with. Ye are welcome ta come with us if ye like. Betta with others den alone, specially with all de Darkspwan. We not seen survivors before ye though."

Dartmoor stayed out of the way of the other two knowing that there was enough going on there to keep them busy for a few more minutes at least and he was not too interested in running off into whatever quest Kraven had set upon them as of yet. It was nice to just stand there paying attention to Kassina but then another person arrived and he had to sigh and roll his eyes as Kassina went forward to check the new person out.

"So much for a few somewhat quiet moments." He said under his breath as he moved forward to see the Templar, "Sorry for being twitchy, ser, but we have heard enough about Templars to be wary for our mage friends. If you agree to leave them be then we can agree to you coming with us."

"Nygozy and the others must have arrived by now, we must meet with them before it is too late. Dartmoor lead the way."

Kraven's words reverberated in Shade's mind as he allowed the templar in,"You must go into the tunnels and secure them against the horde of Darkspawn. If you do not do this then they will overwhelm the Wardens in the open. In an enclosed space you are more capable of stemming the flow and you can cut them off as there is a door made by Dwarves."

"The wardens are here? What are we waiting for then?" Dartmoor went to go past Tatsoo but the woman put out an arm, "Hey ..."
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:00 pm

Shade smiled and kissed Tatsoo gently before looking at the others including the new templar. "We all have old grudges and duties but for now survival is our main thing, if the Templar wishes to do his job then it must wait until we have time so for now think of him like a brother. Nygozy and the others weren't far from Vigils keep when we left and knowing that crazed dwarf she would have brought them here as soon as we left so we must hurry. Dartmoor you are the best we have at close combat not to mention your fire can light us a path, Kassina is our tracker and no one can do better so she will stay by Dartmoor's side and warn us of anything coming." Shade turned his head looking at the pair and smiled gently.

He looked back at Takara and laid a hand on her shoulder. "I do not doubt your skills at all, they are the sole reason you are to be protected for without you we die. Tatsoo has the fury of a wolf and the skills to back it up that is why I wish you to stay with her, she will die a warrior and a warden before she allows you to perish. Templar I know not your skills but those of the Templar are amazing and right now I can't let old quarrels cost the lives of my friends. I want you behind Tatsoo if they get through her ten Takara falls under your protection do not let her die because if she does not even you will escape here. I will follow since my spells are limited as is my power but I hold the strongest to hold off the darkspawn before they reach any of you. SO let's go to our leader I'm sure she is just dying to get us back." Shade stroked Tatsoo's hair staring into her golden eyes. "My love do me a favor, when we get to the doors do not turn around, keep going forward no matter what you hear. Nygozy must be protected at all cost and I put my faith in you. When you see the doors take Takara and the others and run straight for them and do not look back." He leaned forward laying a kiss on her brow. "Everyone move out."
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:20 pm

"How? It's not possible that this many mages managed to sneak in here when I have 6 other templars here. And...Nygozy?" Bryant paused. The name was familiar, but it couldn't be, could it? "You aren't talking about the Hero of Ferelden are you?"

Bryant was astonished by the development. He saw glimpses of the Hero of Ferelden, back when she saved the Circle, and what seemed like a few weeks ago as he began his mission to find Anders. "Consider yourself lucky I'm the templar that ran into you, then. By Templar standards, I would also be considered a mage. Besides, I have already had enough on my hands trying to deal with Anders."

Bryant just stood and watched as the mage who dealt with the Darkspawn issued orders like he was the one in charge. He seemed like one of the youngest, yet he seemed to have the biggest mouth of the group. "Anyone mind telling the 'big, bad Templar' what in Andraste's name is going on here? Who is Tatsoo? Or Takara even? Can we get introductions out of the way first so I know who it is I'm supposed to be helping?"
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:42 pm

"No sneak!" Kassina said indignently. "If Kassina sneak circle man no see!" The elf stared at the templar a moment more before turning and shifting back to her wolf form. The wolf trotted back to Dartmoor's side and nuzzled his hand affectionatly before assuming her assigned position.

"N.. New boots? Oh, that would be l...lovely!!" Takara said looking down at her tattered and filthy clothes. "I c..can't wait to get back to the oth..thers and have a bath and c..clean clothes!" The mage stopped abbruptly as the templar knocked and was admitted.

After the Templar spoke and Kassina moved off Takara timidly raised her hand. "I... I'm Takara. If you h...have any magic st...stopping things up you m..might want to drop them so I can h. ..Heal you." Takara didn't actually know much about Templars other than what she had learned from Shade's stories and didn't know exactly what they were capable of.

After taking a deep breath a thought struck the mage. "W.. Who is Anders?"
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:13 am

"Then how did you get into this far into Keep without getting noticed? If that isn't considered sneaking, I don't know what is," Bryant spoke to the one with the broken speech. That must be Kassina, or she's actually not talking about herself in the third person and talking about something else. He was shocked to see her turn into a wolf. That was definitely not magic taught in the circle.

"I am uninjured, for now. But it's okay, I prefer fighting if I'm injured. Its considered more 'dangerous' and as reckless as it is, happens to be part of why I would be considered a mage," Bryant replied to Takara, the only one who decided to give him their name. He don't know just how well they'd react to him, technically being an abomination. But her not knowing Anders...that doesn't seem right at all. "You...your kidding right? He escaped the Tower of Magi seven times. Doesn't that ring a bell? Didn't the Hero recruit you at the Circle of Magi?" He paused. They couldn't be apostates, could they? Could they? "Don't...," he started, as he closed his eyes and rubbed his eyebrows with his thumb and index fingers. "...tell me that you all are apostates. Please tell me that you are all Gray Wardens." The Order dictates that he should bring them in, perhaps kill them if they are blood mages, which due to lack of scars seems unlikely. The only mages he can't apprehend are Wardens. Even if they are in the Hero's protection, they are still subject to the Chantry's laws.

"If your not, then we will come to an impasse when the Keep is safe. Trust me on that."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Takara Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:47 pm

Despite her fear Takara decided to keep talking because she was afraid how the others, especially Shade, might respond. "H.. How we got here is a long st.. Story, best saved for a somewhere safer." The mage began. "I'm a w.. Warden and we were all recruited by Nygozy. Te.. Techically Tatsoo and Dartmoor aren't actually m.. Mages at all." With this last statement she waved in the direction of the two she mentioned as she said their names.

She fell silent and hoped silently that her saying she was a warden and Nygozy recruited them all would lead him to believe they were all wardens. She turned to look at Shade figuring he would know this Anders person if he was from the circle.
Takara
Takara

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:01 pm

Tatsoo moved between the others, slipping through like the wind and stood in front of Shade to the side a bit, looking at the Templar calmly, "Ah am Tatsoo. Ma love beside me, he be Shade." She tilted her head and nodded towards Dartmoor who was eying the man carefully, "Tha gentleman over dere be Dartmoor. Takara is our healer and Kassina be de shape shifter. We all are part of de wardens and under Nygozy's arm a protection. And aye, it be Nygozy de Hero."

The golden eyes took careful merit of his expressions, "None a us came from de Tower cept Shade but he escaped an Nygozy took him in. Takara she be from a slaver ring dat kept dem to fight. She was dere captured healer. But we know no Anders and ye be needing ta say yer name as well."

She smiled to give him a break. He did not seem like a bad sort and she did not want any misinterpretations.

Dartmoor leaned against the wall watching, listening and waiting. He would have dealt with things in a much different manner but he knew better than to get into the way of the vulpine lovers and they tended to lead much better anyway. It was funny how he had become much more hot headed and Shade became more level headed but he supposed it was bound to happen with the fire and him finally being allowed to react without being captured by the guard or anything like that.

He put his hand down and rubbed Kassina's ear, "This Anders guy escaped seven times? And was captured six times? Hey Shade, you did much better than him. You must be proud."
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:25 pm

Bryant looked back at Shade after the introductions were made. The name sounded familiar to him, but it wasn't until him escaping from the circle was made clear that he did know the name. "You can't be. I knew a elven boy named Andvers from the Circle who called himself Shade, but you don't look like him at all," Bryant replied. "The only difference between the two was that Anders never orchestrated events to destroy his phylactery and killed his way out. Anders knew he'd be called a maleficar if he killed his captors. How else do you think he's been allowed to live after the first escape attempt. Oh, and for the record, captured seven times, unless he uses the chaos of the attack to escape."

"I'm Knight-Corporal Bryant Franderel. Judging by how Kassina and Takara speak, its obvious they are apostates due to circumstances out of their control. I have one more question. The Shade I, and other Templars of the Tower, know has many crimes against him which would undoubtedly be met with death or the Rite of Tranquility. If this is the same man, what do you have to say in your defense."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:55 pm

Shade turned his head and chuckled. "Andvers died a long time ago...but yes I was once a boy named Andvers who was tortured and beaten by your brethren so no I have no remorse. Yes I killed templars in my escape. I gave them what they deserved and nothing more. As for your punishment you Templar's have no authority over me and no I am not a warden I am the first real free elf in the world." Shade turned to the templar as his eyes glowed and his silver aura pulsed around him, roots begin wriggling in the ground and the wind rushed down the hall. "No one will ever command this one again Templar."

Shade stared at the man and smiled. "Unless you want to try it? Remember I killed Templar's before and one more body in a hallway isn't much to cry about. I have become more than what you can control." Shade looked at the Templar and smiled. "Oh I also was the cause for burning down the Chantry in west villa if you want to add that to the record." Shade looked at the others and smirked. " Yes I escaped the Tower and I knew Anders, He gave me the location of my phlactaphy and warned me when the Templar's showed up. So yes I can't wait to see him again. But for now I have to get to Nygozy so let's carry on."
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:35 am

Bryant just stared in disbelief at Shade. He seemed a bit arrogant when he was younger, but he must have delusions of grandeur. 'Templar's have no authority over me'? 'First true free elf'? What happened to him since then? He picked the wrong person to provoke. The Spirit of Valor would be crazy enough to actual fight him.

Bryant's eyes began glowing as well, against his will. He covered his face momentarily as he regained his composure. "While I appreciate you telling the truth, I would have preferred to hear a lie that you were a Gray Warden over that little display. I might not be able to control myself."

"I don't want to fight you, but the Spirit of Valor does. I just wanted to hear your justifications," He replied. "You may not remember it, but I was also a prisoner of the Tower. I wasn't like the men you killed, who just lived there when they are on duty. I was brought to the tower as a person with magic in his blood and due to lacking the ability to manifest my magical talents, I was trained to be a templar," Bryant said as he put out his hand. It started glowing slightly before disappearing. "During my youth, I couldn't even do that. The Spirit of Valor is helping me learn the magic that alluded me, but I can only progress so much before the other Templars catch on."

"In lieu of any questions about that, can I get that explanation about what we are doing down here before we proceed?"
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:01 am

Shade smiled and laughed. "My Templar, we are doing what your kind hasn't done in centuries. We are killing Darkspawn not manifesting them. Humans brought the Plague here and in the end you will all be punished for the sins of those creatures, As for your friend living in your head...Ancient would not allow him to harm me. You speak of Valor but it is only your own cause that you fight for, Valor is protecting the weak, standing against the cruel, and looking to a better world. Ha your a Templar maggot biting at the scraps of your masters table and they fear us Templar not because they worry about demons or us using war magic but because we may band together as one and throw off there shackles...mages and elves. I have other priorities than dealing with some petty cry baby nobles laws made thousands of years ago.You want a fight fine but first I must return to Nygozy as promised...fate has things in store for you Mage hunter otherwise you would not have met up with us."

Shade turned around looking at the group. "We have wasted enough time here on this, we must return to Nygozy at once and I was hoping not to do anymore magic but this talking has allowed the Darkspawn to get closer and there are many of them. Wardens should feel them any second but we have other places to be so head to the end of the tunnel oh and it may be good to run. We got some big fellas coming this way and I'm afraid I'm running low on spells." Shade placed his hands against the smooth vegetation and breathed in the plants decaying under his touch as he absorbed there energy. "That may help but not by much, Hurry Dartmoor lead the way, Oh and Templar....the journey ahead will be new to you not in sight but experience. You must learn to throw off the shackles of your master if you wish to truly live." Shade waved his hand behind them as thick roots slid up guarding the door. "That won't hold them for long.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:47 am

The big wolf sat impatienlty, bumping her head against Dartmoor for pets while the templar and mage agrued. When Shade finally said they should move Kassina barked her agreement and then dashed off to scout despite Shade's orders. She didn't need Dartmoor's light to see as the others did. Not with her keener sight and hearing and her superiour sense of smell.

Kassina had only gone a short distance when the tunnel branched in two directions. She sniffed a short way down both tunnels and then ran back to inform the others. She ran up to Tatsoo and reported in wolf that there were two tunnels. One continued in straight while another led to a flight of stairs that stank of darkspawn.

Message delivered she ran back ahead to guard both entrances and wait for the others.

Takara listened to Shade and Bryant, mostly puzzled by what they said. She'd have to figure it out later though as the group was moving out. "I'm not an a... Apostate," Takara said defiantly as she took up her place and began to move. "I'm a w...warden and I'm being t.. Trained by circle mages. And th..there a plently of t...templars in the wardens. Isn't th...that good enough?"

Takara had gained a lot of self confidence on the long journey and had grown used to speaking her mind. "Re...diculous that mages are t..treated so badly just because they m..might be posessed. Loghain caused a lot more d...damage and d.death and he was so c..called normal."
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next