Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Start to Denerim - Drake's group - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Start to Denerim - Drake's group - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Start to Denerim - Drake's group - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Start to Denerim - Drake's group - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Start to Denerim - Drake's group - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Start to Denerim - Drake's group - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Start to Denerim - Drake's group - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Start to Denerim - Drake's group - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Start to Denerim - Drake's group - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Start to Denerim - Drake's group

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Start to Denerim - Drake's group - Page 3 Empty Re: Start to Denerim - Drake's group

Post  Calliara Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:14 am

Running as fast as she was, Calliara arrived shortly there, and with a brief look checked darkspawn's positions and Drake's. She was still quite far from the warrior, but with that distance she could stop, set a knee on the ground and began firing arrow after arrow, with deathly precision.

A Hurlock that was about to attack Drake's side suddenly fell with an arrow sunk in his throat. Next, a genlock that looked that way fell as well with an arrow deep in his eye. The next one was another hurlock that suddenly found an arrow cutting his medulla by sinking in the back of his neck, leaving him helpless.

Some of the darkspawn noticed the archer and changed their interest, leaving the warrior fighting with other darkspawn and running to Calliara. The Dalish calmly stood up, absolutely serious and with a shady look on her ice blue eyes, placed her bow on her back and draw her swords, walking to them. The first genlock was welcomed with a quick move of her left sword that beheaded him.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Start to Denerim - Drake's group - Page 3 Empty Re: Start to Denerim - Drake's group

Post  Drake Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:06 pm

The fight was going rather well, especially when Calliara started to pick off the ones closest to him. He'd already gotten cut a couple times but neither were too deep or painful. Then he noticed a few breaking off to go after Calliara and he snarled like a wild animal, breaking free of the group that was chase fighting him and rushing towards the others.

He pointed his curved sword at the throng going towards Calli and black lightning spilled forth, arcing dangerously and frying those going after her. They fell to the ground but with this action he had left his back open to attacks since it took his focus and time.

He growled as he was hit but made sure all that was after Calliara were down.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:38 pm

Creators forgive her, but she felt pride. Her swords ripped a ribcage open and another genlock fell, just in time to see the lightning coming from Drake's sword and falling on those who were trying to attack her. The Dalish felt pride to be claimed by him in that way, feeling that somehow he wasn't just trying to help her or save her, but showing everybody that she was his.

Calliara's eyes went wide when she noticed that the human had now his back open to his oponents, and when she started to run to him she saw him being hit by another huge hurlock. Her heart felt like stopping her heartbeat, but she said nothing. No screaming, no crying, no damsel reactions. The huntress almost instantly was there, her right sword eviscerating the hurlock that dared to attack her possession. ''Mine''. She growled low like an animal, or like the wolf her Clan called her.

Usually Calliara was unexpressive while fighting. It wasn't that she felt nothing at all, she just tried to hide it. Now she didn't bother. A devilish grin curved her lips, and her calm ice blue eyes sparkled with dark amusement while twisting her sword inside the agonizing hurlock, threatening the other seven or eight that remained alive with her left sword, trying to give Drake time to recover his breathe, and for Bowen and Caterina to arrive.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Caterina Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:14 pm

Caterina's mind switched into battle mode after Bowen's kiss of good luck, and her eyes hardened as she entered the fray before them. How a band like this had survived the earlier battle, she didn't know, hut she was determined to make sure than none survived this one. She didn't want to risk having any present dangers around while the camp was readying to move, and was thus vulnerable.

Since this band was smaller than the last (much smaller, which she was thankful for), she felt more at ease in fighting openly, rather than from the shadows. Of course, the darkspawn had also already seen her, so hiding away would have been difficult. Taking a dagger into each hand, she viciously slashed at all who got in her way, even attacking two at a time, slashing one so that it recoiled, turning to attack another, and then going back to finish off the first. Lather, rinse, repeat. It was easy to lose herself in the motions, in the adrenaline. Maybe too easy, but hey, she was an assassin. It was practically in the job description to like blood and enjoy killing. In fact, she was positive that it was.
Caterina
Caterina

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowen Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:11 am

Again, Bowen snorted thinking about his awesome and manly massive armor that was happily packed and carried by Goliath. It wasn't that he wasn't able to deal with whatever they had to without his armor, but obviously it worked fine with his fighting style. Head down and attack like a mad bull, using the shield to destabilize darkspawn and then massacre them with his longsword. His greatsword was with Goliath too.

He hoped that Drake and Calliara would be fine by the time Caterina and him could reach them, but at the moment, he was more concerned in protecting the Antivan girl. Yes, she was perfectly capable of protecting herself, but the Nevarran was an old fashioned guy, and liked to be the knighty type as well. So he followed her while the assasin danced between darkspawn, slaying them with her great and graceful skill, and Bowen occupied himself in slashing bodies and breaking skulls with the sword hilt or the shield.

Bowen had to admit himself he was enjoying this. The journey was too long, too sad and too angst to enjoy the views properly, and he had lots and lots of stamina and stress that needed escape. And killing darkspawn was the best way he knew. Hell no. It was the second best way. The Nevarran grinned, glancing at Caterina while breaking another dakspawn's neck with a quick shield hit. Better that he didn't think about that in that moment. But later... yes. Definitely later.
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Calliara was fairly safe now, the Darkspawn around her dwindled as she attacked the ones he was confronting. There was motion which he followed, ripping into further attackers, both swords moving with incredible speed as he disembowled a Hurlock Alpha.

His movement became slower as blood splashed from his side but he did continue on until the last opponent was down. A growl intermittently came from his lips like a wounded bear ready to attack anything which took him by surprise.

Drake finally stood, eyes darker than normal but starting to lighten as he breathed steadily. The wounds he had received while protecting Calli were deep but he refused to admit it as he took a deep breath.

"Let's get to the new camp." He stated coldly and evenly, not capable of much more than that for speaking as his legs went into motion taking him back down the trail towards the farm.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:35 am

''Let me see first''. Calliara said, worried, and forced him to stop so she could check his back and side. The wounds were deep but clean, and they seemed to not have affected vital parts, which was a relief. The Dalish took some herbs from her bag and began cleaning softly the wounds with them. ''These would prevent infection, but you need a healer. However, you healed Durbans with your sword, can't you do the same with yourself?''

Her heart ached seeing him in pain, but she tried hard not to show it so he won't feel bad about it. But she was really worried. It was a curious thing to feel actually. As curious as it was touching his bare skin under his torn clothes, next to his wounds, and smelling him. It felt nice, even with the blood, but after all, he was a warrior, and wounds were part of the job.

Calliara kissed softly the skin of his back, unable to resist doing so while wrapping shortly her arms around his waist. Then she released him and instead grabbed his arm to make him wrap her shoulders with it so she could help him to keep walking. ''I know you can do it yourself'', She warned before he began protesting.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Caterina Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:37 am

Caterina fought quickly, taking down the darkspawn around her with minimal movements. She had quickly noticed how Bowen was taking anything that came to close to her, and she smiled to himself at the realization that he was trying to 'protect' her. She certainly didn't need it, but the sentiment was in the right place.

So, in an effort to allow his manly pride to shine, she worked close to him, letting him take the bigger ones while she cut at and killed the wounded and the smaller ones. She moved around like a cat, her daggers extensions of her hands. It was almost fun to dance around Bowen, striking where he couldn't as if she were his extra arm.

Finally, though, the opponents grew thin, and eventually all lay dead at their feet. She straightened from her defensive crouch as she looked around the field, searching first for stragglers, and then for Drake and Calliara. She spotted them not to far away, and hissed a little in surprise. She lifted a hand to grab reflexively onto Bowen's shirt sleeve, and tugged on it a little, motioning to him the state Drake was in. She hoped that a lot of that blood was darkspawn blood, because if Drake had lost that much, then they'd have a hard time making it to the new camp.

Then, she remembered to actually wonder how she and Bowen had fared in the fight, rather than just Drake and Calliara. Often, when she was in the throes of battle, she wouldn't notice the various wounds and cuts she accumulated, and now had to do a once over of her own body.

A few cuts on her legs, nothing bad. Nothing that would even need dressing except for one almost-nasty cut on her right thigh. For once, she was glad that she was on the voluptuous side of skinny. If that cut had been at a skinnier part of her leg, it might have cut into a serious muscle.

Keeping track of a few other cuts that she wanted to clean, she finally turned to look back up at Bowen, face expressing both concern and interest. "And you, Bowen? Are you alright, after all of that?"
Caterina
Caterina

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowen Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:28 am

Bowen was having the fun of his life, or so he thought while slaying darkspawn. That was one of the greatest things of being a Grey Warden, being able to do such massacres without worrying about others' opinions. He was no berseker, but the Nevarran definitely enjoyed the battle, the blood, the shrieks when he hit vital spots...

And suddenly everything was over. Blinking, he looked around, almost offended that there were no more darkspawn to kill, and he huffed like a kid. ''What a pity...''. He growled, sighing. Then he noticed Caterina tugging on his sleeve to attract his attention, and he turned to see what she wanted him to see, lifting an eyebrow.

''Andraste's holy knickers''. Bowen snarled seeing all the blood and Calliara cleaning Drake's wounds. He pondered if he should go and see if the warrior was alright, but he decided it was better if he left them both alone. Instead, he lowered his gaze to Caterina, worried.

"And you, Bowen? Are you alright, after all of that?"

''I am alright, precious''. He assured, although he had some cuts on his arms that torn his shirt more that it was before, and some on his thighs, but nothing really serious. Fighting with a shield had its advantages, even if he used it to protect the Antivan most of the time. Bowen checked Caterina's wounds quickly, and sighed while wrapping an arm around her to hug her lightly to his chest. ''I think we need a bath and some bandages, my sweet. And we have to keep moving and get to that new camp to be healed properly... I hope Drake's wounds are not serious''

Bowen looked into her beautiful eyes and smiled at her, tired, his hair and beard a bloody mess. Does it hurt...? You should bandage it, my sweet. Do you want me to do it for you?''. He pointed at the cut on her right thigh
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:32 pm

''Let me see first. 'These would prevent infection, but you need a healer. However, you healed Durbans with your sword, can't you do the same with yourself?''

As Calliara tended his wounds he looked off into space, calmly watching leaves move in the breeze and animals traveling through the foliage above. It was soothing to watch and allow the woman to tend to his ills even if the pain gave him a jab now and again. You wouldn't notice from his face that he was in any pain as his eyes focused on nothing in particular.

She asked him the question which made him consider it but not move. Instead he continued looking into space as if he were not there, "There is no energy to do it at this time. We will have to go, walk steadily but at a fair pace. Camp is not far and we have that healer."

Drake was a stubborn man who normally would keep going no matter what. He could be close to death and still move as if he were a stubborn Dwarf who could never let himself seem weak but he was not of that race so something else must drive his hardened exterior.

Right now he was too tired to say more as his feet took him along, directing himself towards where they had to go. In the back of his mind he hoped that Calilara would understand but there was no energy to do much more than move. He hardly noticed that she'd wrapped his arm around her.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:45 am

Calliara sighed, and nodded briefly. She understood very well his silence, even his inexpressive face.

''Stubborn oaf...''. The Dalish whispered sweetly, lifting a hand to touch his chin and made him turn his head so she could kiss him slowly, lovingly. In her kiss and gestures her worry was there, silent and trying to remain calm as always, but she kept moving as he wanted.

''Bowen, Caterina''. She glanced back, seriously. ''Cover our backs. Are you alright?''

She didn't wait for their answer, instead she whistled a loud, sibilant sound, and shortly after that they could hear the horses approaching quickly, leaded by Assan. Fenrir barked happily from the bag in the saddle where Calliara put him before the fight, his little head the only thing they could see, but the pup was very happy to see them, and still a bit scared. ''And please, take him out of there... It's a relief that bag was empty, otherwise we'd had had all its content smelling...''

Calli smiled briefly at Caterina and Bowen, and then continued leading, helping Drake to walk even if he didn't wanted to, but she didn't care. ''Talk to me''. She whispered. ''Don't think in the pain. Talk to me instead while we walk, one step after another one. Talk to me''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Caterina Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:18 pm

Calliara nodded with Bowen's sentiments. She certainly did need a bath, after two battles and moving camp. She could use a long, hot bath and a good meal. What she would probably get would be a short, cold bath in a lake, and something passable as a meal, but that was all fine with her. Luxury wasn't something one expected when doing what she did. She gave up luxury after she'd given up a life of crime for a life with the Wardens. Having a healer tend to her injuries would be nice, though.

She blinked when Bowen pointed down to her leg, and she had to look down to actually remember that that cut was there. She waved it off, smiling up at the taller man. "It will be find, Bowen. It only stings a little bit." She laced her arm around his and gently tugged him forward, walking towards where Drake and Calliara were already walking. "Bandaging it can wait until we get to the camp. I don't want to hold up Drake, who seems to be faring far worse than I." When she took a step, it actually stung a little more than she thought it would, but it was nothing she couldn't handle. "Your sister is counting on us to watch her back. You should not worry for a woman you have only just met over your own sister." She winked at him, and continued to walk forward with the slightest of limps.

She paused slightly, and looked back at him, her playful smile replaced with a more sincere smile. "And thank you, Bowen. I noticed that you were shielding me in the battle. While some part of me should be offended, because I can take care of myself," she casually flipped her hair over her shoulder, "I am still grateful. That was very noble of you." But of course, she could already see that Bowen was a noble man. Sad, since nobility was such a rare trait in men these days.
Caterina
Caterina

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowen Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:44 pm

"Your sister is counting on us to watch her back. You should not worry for a woman you have only just met over your own sister."

Bowen frowned, walking with her, and stared at the front, now serious. ''That's unfair, Caterina. I don't mind if I met you just a few hours ago or six years like I've met her. You are a lady, and I shall protect you. And knowing that I feel... that I like you, it's just a plus. So please. Don't tell me to not worry for you. I can't help it. That's all''

Now the tall warrior looked tired, very tired, his hair and beard a bloody mess and dark circles under his eyes. The long journey and two battles and moving camp was a bit more than he expected just for one day. He sighed softly, watching Calliara and Drake walking in front of them.

''Wolf, have we anything resembling a plan?''

''Mm-hm. Walk till we find the hut. Can't ride the horses with this ground. Pointy things''

Bowen nodded, and hearing Fenrir barking and begging in his own way to be released of his 'prison', he took the puppy in the arm with the shield. ''What if we find darkspawn again?''

''We kill them all''. Calli's voice was as cold as winter, tense, but her arms were gentle helping Drake.

The Nevarran barked a short laugh. ''You made it sound soooo easy, Wolf...
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:59 am

He was blocking out most of the world, giving the power to the other three to watch out for any danger. They were wardens so they would do as they had to. Most people he would not trust easily but these three had already earned it. That was amazing in itself because Drake did not trust easily.

"Talk? Speak of what?"

The fighter breathed deeply, fighting off exhaustion as they got closer and closer to the secondary camp. His instinct was to find somewhere to hole up while his body did what it had to for him to heal but he knew with his head that he had to go with the others. There was that healer. Yes?

"Let me see. Well, I feel kind of stupid for allowing a shot to get through like that. I am no mere recruit who is easily distracted. One who has fought so many battles should have been able to ward that simple attack even while concentrating."

He knew very well that he'd been on the move all day and that was why he had not been as capable in this fight. Plus there were other things on his mind. New situations and old memories building in him. He had to get all of them sorted out.

They came over a rise to see the small home which was set into the side of the mountain and looked down at the other three near the building. Wait. Where was that man who had been with Nygozy? She stood by a tree with another person he had not met and Garoll.

He watched the male Dwarf for what seemed like eons then took a deep breath,

"We are here." He announced and started towards the others, still holding onto Calliara and made a call like a hawk while the four ... now four? Interesting. While the four started into the house.

((Moving so everyone can meet together and go off into little threads as people wishes to. https://dragonageafter.forumotion.com/dragon-rest-f8/campground-farm-house-t69.htm#664))
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3