Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Start to Denerim - Drake's group I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Start to Denerim - Drake's group I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Start to Denerim - Drake's group I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Start to Denerim - Drake's group I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Start to Denerim - Drake's group I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Start to Denerim - Drake's group I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Start to Denerim - Drake's group I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Start to Denerim - Drake's group I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Start to Denerim - Drake's group I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Start to Denerim - Drake's group

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Start to Denerim - Drake's group Empty Start to Denerim - Drake's group

Post  Drake Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:19 pm

"Thank you to those who have decided definitely that you will join us. I'm afraid our journey starts now but we will not be going far tonight. Just enough to be out of this smoke. Margaid, Ianto and Iauron, you are with me. Everyone else can choose to help Drake or to help Sinjan. I will be working on our travel groups for tomorrow."

Drake nodded and started off. He looked at Calliara, turned his head and licked his lips then looked back, "I would like it, Songbird, if you assisted me in my group. I shall require a ranger to help contact the horses." It was a lame excuse and he figured she probably knew it but that didn't matter. He wanted her to go with him.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Start to Denerim - Drake's group Empty Re: Start to Denerim - Drake's group

Post  Calliara Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:52 pm

Calliara nodded briefly to Nygozy's words. She wanted to go with Drake. She bent to pick Fenrir up trying to hide the sudden blush on her cheeks just with the thought, but she couldn't do anything against it. It was a shame, to be honest, but...

"I would like it, Songbird, if you assisted me in my group. I shall require a ranger to help contact the horses."

The Dalish looked at him, speechless and hugging the puppy close to her chest. She was sure he could see her blushing. She was sure he could see the smile in her eyes even before it curved her lips. But she didn't care at that moment.

''As you wish''. She answered shyly, and followed him with a brief look at Bowen, wondering if her brother would like to go as well. She saw him hugging the beautiful Antivan girl and smiled softly. Well that was nice. The lion deserved some joy as well. Looking back to Drake, she felt the shyness returning again, unsure of what to do or how to act around him after the kiss she gave him.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowen Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:57 pm

Bowen listened carefully to their new leader. His first choice was following Calli when he heard Drake asking her to join him. She was his sister after all. But he still had Caterina close to him, and it felt so nice...

The Nevarran smiled down at her. ''My lovely lady, what do you think? Shall we remain together? I must confess your presence is a balsam for an old man'' He teased, hugging her gently, and then lifted her hand to kiss her fingers. ''I want to be honest: I want to go with Drake and Calliara. And I want you to be with me. But I want to know first what are your thoughts about the matter... I won't be offended if you choose another thing, my dear''
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Caterina Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:25 pm

Caterina nodded absently as Nygozy spoke, listening with half an ear, and processing the words with half a mind. Most of it didn't really pertain to her, except for the parts about the Wardens, and their new mission. As a Warder herself, it was her duty to help Nygozy as best she could, and she was determined to be of use. With that conviction in mind, she turned to look up at Bowen as he, in turn, spoke to her. Except now, she listened with full attentiveness.

She cocked her head a little as she listened, then smiled, and brought a hand up to poke playfully at Bowen's nose. "Well then. Are you not such a gentleman, Bowen? It is very considerate for you to ask me what I want." She turned slightly so that she was resting her back against this chest, her head tilted up with her eyes closed as she continued speaking, smiling still. "Since you have made such a touching appeal, how could I refuse? It would make a cruel tyrant of me to deny such a heartfelt request." She suddenly spun, turning to face him, and quickly but gently took each of his hands in hers, pulling him playfully towards where Calliara and Drake were standing. "I don't think we should keep your sister waiting, hm?" She winked, a small laugh escaping her throat as her hair swished behind her.
Caterina
Caterina

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Drake smiled at Calliara and watched as Bowen and Caterina came over. He nodded, waited for them to be ready then started off, "Let's see if the supplies are in tact first. I know the food will be useless."

He went down the path and started pushing over dead bodies. The porticus had shifted back into position and he seemed pleased that nothing had gotten in it's way of doing so.

"These few Darkspawn have to be pushed over first." He continued moving the bodies and letting them fall off the path.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:01 pm

Calliara tilted her head to a side when she heard Bowen and Caterina following them, and that made her smile. She liked the Antivan girl, and seeing that she seemed to like her 'brother' as well was something she appreciated.

At first she followed Drake, but finally she tried to keep his pace, not wanting to be behind him. As a ranger she felt she had to go first, just in case, to check the path, but said nothing, still holding the now sleepy Fenrir to her chest.

"Let's see if the supplies are in tact first. I know the food will be useless."

''Maybe, food were the first things we set down the horses. But the tents, my guitar and the clothes are still on them...''. Her voice seemed to be full of joy when she mentioned her new instrument.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowen Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:04 pm

Bowen laughed and let Caterina to pull him, pleased to know she thought being near him was valuable as well. When they were right behind Drake and Calliara he bent quickly to press a quick kiss to Caterina's cheek.

''I'm still willing to know what would be my punishment...'' The Nevarran whispered playfully, wrapping an arm around her shoulders again.

"These few Darkspawn have to be pushed over first."

He nodded and hugged lightly the Antivan before moving to began kicking some of the corpses off the path
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Caterina Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:25 pm

Caterina smiled slyly up at Bowen as he leaned over to kiss her cheek, and she playfully bumped into his side with her hip before breaking off slightly to start with cleaning up the darkspawn. "Wouldn't you like to know, hm? If you wait, I might even change your punishment to a reward. After all, you did such a good job with the fight," she whispered back, glancing back at him as she walked to the side of the path.

She followed along, ambling at an easy pace next to Bowen. After all of the excitement from the battle, it was best to take it easy. She wasn't physically strong enough to lift any of the larger bodies, but she gathered as many... well, dismembered parts as she could, throwing them over the side of the path. She glanced up at Drake who was in the lead as she threw a grey, wrinkled hand over the side. "Drake, should we not be burning the bodies? Won't the rotting meat prove detrimental to the land and wildlife?" She wondered if a bird could die from taint if it began pecking at a darkspawn corpse, and decided that she wouldn't like it if that was the case.
Caterina
Caterina

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:42 pm

"There was also food by the fire and that is useless but I am sure the food we got would be fine as long as it was not trampled as I had it all bagged in special wrap." He pushed the last Hurlock to the side and started off around the side of the camp, avoiding the dead bodies.

"Drake, should we not be burning the bodies? Won't the rotting meat prove detrimental to the land and wildlife?"

He shrugged and pointed to the pile they just created, "They are burning and Sinjan will be putting wood on them to make the bodies burn better. We can only do so much because there are so many. Animals will stay away from the area until it begins to grow back."

He got to the coral and noticed the Darkspawn had not even tried to get in there, "It looks like what we got is safe."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:05 am

Calliara nodded briefly, looking around and smiled wide when she saw her guitar with the few belongings they had time to set down the horses before the attack. Like a child she grabbed it with one hand, using the other one to hold Fenrir to her chest, and examined it thoroughly to be sure it was intact.

Then she showed it, and the carvings, to Bowen and Caterina, and the Nevarran nodded his approval.

''Fine gifts you have, little one. Market?''

She shook her head, placing the guitar on her back with her bow. ''No, Durbans gave me the carvings. And Drake bought the guitar for me...''

The Dalish blushed a bit, delighted just thinking about it, and smiled shyly at Drake, still unsure
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowen Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:15 am

Bowen let Caterina talk without interruptions, busy looking around and tossing the last corpses off the cliff. When they saw the coral was intact the Nevarran nodded, satisfied.

''This is a relief. Then the horses are alright too...'' He muttered, really worried for his stallion. Goliath was a nice friend after all.

He began helping Drake recovering the bags, but smiled gently when Calliara showed Caterina and him two fine wood carvings, made with great skill, and a guitar. Even if Calli was trying hard not to squeal like a little child, he knew her very well and recognized the joy in her eyes and in her smile.

''Fine gifts you have, little one. Market?''

''No, Durbans gave me the carvings. And Drake bought the guitar for me...''

Bowen smiled again and stroked briefly her hair still dirty with blood, delighted seeing her blush. ''Well that's a good thing. I know you missed a lot having an instrument. Why don't you whistle to see if Assan and Goliath are near? Caterina, my lady, could you keep an eye on her?'' He asked gently, kissing Caterina's forehead

When the two girls moved to the open gate from where the horses escaped, Bowen continued helping Drake. After a while, he said, like distracted. ''She likes violins as well''
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Caterina Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:18 am

Caterina watched Bowen and Calliara's interaction with a smile on her face. They really were very much like brother and sister, despite their races. It was adorable, she had to admit. When she inspected the items Calliara showed her, it was hard not to be impressed.

She took one carving gently into her hands to look it over before carefully handing it back to Calliara. "They are wonderful, Calliara. It's a wonder that elf had time to carve them in such a short period of time, and with such skill!" She looked from smiling at Calliara to the guitar in her arms, nodding approvingly. "We love music in Antiva. I have heard so sad few notes played in Ferelden. It will be lovely to have music again, and played on such a fine guitar," she glanced back at Calliara with a smile, "accompanying such a fine singer."

With a last look at Calliara, Caterina turned for a moment to look around for Bosco. She smiled when she saw the black gelding calmly nibbling at a patch of grass, as if nothing had happened at all. "Well, you great dumb brute," she said, her words overflowing with affection, "it looks like you made your way safely." She would allow him to keep eating, for the moment, until they had to move the horses.

She turned with a curious look when she heard her name called, and was met with a kiss on the forehead just as she turned. She blinked, slightly surprised, then smiled up at the Nevarran man, placing her hand to her brow in a mock salute. "Of course. You can count on me." She took a step closer to Calliara to show that she would stay with the elven woman, and gladly.
Caterina
Caterina

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:58 am

Calliara felt happy, and that was something strange in her. At least, it was strange in her lately, since Bowen, Gunnar and her had to leave Ferelden. As if she had known that something terrible was going to happen. The trip was hard and long, and they were attacked many times, and the last miles they had to protect an injured Gunnar until they arrived at Weisshaupt. Life there, even if it lasted just for a month or month and a half was harder than the journey, and when they were told about the Mage's visions in the Fade about Ostagar...

For a while she thought that happiness and joy was again away from her, and the Dalish resigned to a life of duty and war until her Calling would come. Because she had promised she was going to live and not look for a quick death in the Deep Roads just to join him in death. During the long lonely nights in their journey returning to Ferelden, Bowen admonished her about that. Poor Bowen. So gentle, so knightly and so torn very deep in his heart as well. At least he seemed to be interested in Caterina...

"We love music in Antiva. I have heard so sad few notes played in Ferelden. It will be lovely to have music again, and played on such a fine guitar, accompanying such a fine singer."

Calliara smiled sincerely. When she was not trying to look unexpressive and unshakable she couldn't avoid her own feelings being reflected in her face, or even in her eyes. Seeing how Caterina acted around Bowen, and how Bowen acted around her (like a shameless fool, she thought with amused affection), Calliara decided she liked the Antivan girl.

She had always been lonely since she joined the Grey Wardens. Being the only woman among them was hard at times, even if they were a gang of lovely bastards and they tried really hard to make her feel comfortable with them. But a girl needed someone to trust in sometimes, someone that could feel the same, and more important than that, understand...

Maybe everything had a meaning after all. From having nothing but two 'brothers', and one of them far away, she had now another group, another 'tribe' where maybe she could feel as part of something again. Calliara knew that Bowen felt the same, and was happy for him seeing his growing interest for Caterina. And she was feeling... happy, she decided. Maybe happy was not the exact word, but words ran away from her whenever she felt that Drake was looking at her. First it was the guitar, then he claimed her taking her hand while running to the plateau after Iauron showed up helping them. And then he picked her up in his arms when she couldn't breath properly to run. And, more important than that... he asked her to go with him. He used different words, but Calliara was a ranger, and a ranger could read body language fairly well.

And that was just the first day. Surely the rest of the gang was going to be interesting as well, and she couldn't wait to meet everyone. Dalish were collective societies, and were more used to be surrounded of their people than alone. Caterina and Drake were a good point to start.

When Caterina joined her Calliara had already whistled to call Assan and Goliath. Both horses were near and came instantly when summoned, and the Dalish greeted them stroking their manes and whispering softly to them. Then she turned to the Antivan girl and gave her a shy, almost nervous smile, not hiding behind her mask.

''Thank you. I know we haven't met properly before, but... I... well, I would like to know you'' She said simply, honest as always. ''Bowen likes you and that's a good reason as well, but I want to make clear that I want to know you not because of him...''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:37 pm

Their packs were easy to acquire and arrange on the mule. He chuckled at the animal and patted her shoulder while listening to the others speak. He did not join in as that was not his way. The fighter was more known to watch and sometimes even seem brooding but that was how he dealt with what was being thrown at him. Knowing what was going on, who was who and what people were like. That was his job to figure others out as much as he possibly could. There was also the part about killing Darkspawn which was a bonus all on it's own.

Drake looked over at Calliara, smiling and thinking of the woman more than he normally would. He sighed. It had been a very long time since he'd thought of a lady so much and wanted to watch their back for more than just being a good team mate. He watched over Nygozy but that was completely different. She was a target for much more than he wanted to consider. Calliara though ... she had grace of a halla, hair much the same, and eyes of such a blue that could melt one's heart.

Ok he had to stop thinking of her and get to work. They needed to start gathering what they could from the cooled ashes so they could be sold. He got out some think handkerchiefs and handed one to each person, "Time to do some digging about." He poked a pile of dust with his sword and extracted a necklace, "We will work in teams of two and put what we find back near the coral. Caterina and Bowen, you're together. Calliara," He looked at her and unwittingly smiled without realizing it and pointed to a couple sacks, "I would like you to come with me. Bring that sack, please."

Drake tossed the necklace into the sack and then went back to fishing about using his short sword.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Caterina Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:09 pm

Caterina's smile fell for a moment, and she found herself staring openly at Calliara for a moment. She seemed to flounder for a moment before looking away slightly, the dark skin of her face a little redder than normal. After a moment, she looked back at Calliara, and her smile had returned. "Of course, Calliara. I- of course. I would like to know you as well." She cast a sideways glance at Bowen, and her smile took on a mischievous turn, and then looked back at the elf. "And, also, not just because of you being his 'sister', as well."

Her eyes closed with her smile, and she took a step back, extending her hand to Calliara. "Now, then. Perhaps more formal re-introductions are in order? Hello, Calliara, I am Caterina Caelestis. As a proud Antivan, I should have liked to offer you a fruit basket or something in good-will, but a handshake will have to do." She grinned happily as she 'introduced' herself.

She blinked when she heard her name mentioned, and she looked to Drake, then glanced over at Bowen, nodding her head. Of course she would go with him to scavenge. She couldn't quite imagine what sorts of things they'd find, but she'd do it, anyway. Any excuse to keep ambling about with Bowen.
Caterina
Caterina

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:16 pm

Calliara smiled again, and shook Caterina's hand firmly. ''Hello, Caterina, I am Calliara. We Dalish don't use surnames, just nicknames sometimes, or just our names because they have meanings. Once I was part of the clan of the Mahariel, now I am just another Grey Warden, and proud of it. I am aware that my name could be difficult to pronounce sometimes, so my closest ones can call me Cal or Calli, as they wish... ''

She said everything with clear, loud voice so Drake and Bowen could hear them talking. And then Drake talked to them as well.

"We will work in teams of two and put what we find back near the coral. Caterina and Bowen, you're together. Calliara, I would like you to come with me. Bring that sack, please."

The Dalish nodded with a smile, still holding Fenrir, and went to do as she was told. After that, she followed Drake, sometimes pointing him things that she could see in the dust and cooled ashes, humming softly and happily.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowen Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:27 pm

"We will work in teams of two and put what we find back near the coral. Caterina and Bowen, you're together"

Bowen grinned wide, nodding. ''Happy to serve with that task''. The Nevarran winked to Caterina and waited for her to join him. When the Antivan girl was close to him again he bent to kiss her forehead again but said nothing. He just got his own sack and began poking in the dust with his boot or his sword to check if there was something of value below it.

Things were going right this time, or it seemed so. Fighting alongside the Hero of Ferelden, feeling part of the Wardens again, seeing Calliara smile, and now this delicious girl that he had so close to him that he could smell her perfume.

Hey that was a dagger... yeah, to the sack with it. He heard Calliara humming softly, something that she usually did when she was focused in something, and smiled. Yeah, things were going right. That thought made him want to kiss Caterina again, and so he did, of course. Wrapping an arm tightly around her waist he forced her to face him, and bent lightly to press his lips slowly to her lovely mouth. Not as desperate as the first kiss, this time he took his time to enjoy it.
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:19 pm

They were working, she was pointing things out, everything was coming together just fine with the other two. Things were good but it was too quiet. This wasn't something the fighter was used to, feeling that it was too quiet. He loved the quiet but right now it was too much and he needed to hear her. He needed to learn.

"Tell me about yourself." Drake said while plucking a necklace from the piles and blinking at it. A necklace? This looked unusual. He dropped it in a small sack he was using for jewelry that seemed more useful, "I'd like to know all about you, Calliara."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:32 am

''To begin with, you can call me Cal or Calli... or Songbird''.

Calliara smiled shyly and extracted a belt clasp, examined it and finally dropped it in the sack.

''And to continue... well, I am Dalish... from the Mahariel clan. I was born here in the Frostback Mountains, but obviously I don't remember it. I am a ranger first, and secondly a bard, but for my clan I was just a huntress and a ranger, and that was fine for me. Because I am an orphan I remained nameless until I was eight or nine years old. I was told that my father was the Keeper, and he fell in love with a huntress from another Clan. Their relationship was not accepted by her Clan, so she left them to live with my father. Their names were Theron and Lyna...''

Calliara stopped to breathe, still smiling, and rubbed Fenrir's tummy. It was nice talking, actually. Usually she didn't talk that much, or even with long sentences. Usually she was straight to the point, but now it just felt nice.

'' I was told that when my mother was pregnant with me, my father and her were attacked by bandits in the forest. I supposse you know what happens with Dalish women if caught... My father died defending her so she could escape. My mother lived long enough to give birth, but days later she abandoned me and left the camp, unable to deal with my father's death. She was never found''

Calliara shrugged. It was something painful actually, but in the end she could understand her mother. When she knew that Duncan was dead, the pain was so hard and deep that she wished to die as well.

''In my clan is tradition that parents name their children, and I had no parents, so I had no name. Is tradition as well that Keepers name the orphan children if they show some great skill. My name means 'War Song'. When I was eight or nine years old a human village tried to attack us when we were camping near them. When my people was preparing for battle, I began singing one of our old war songs, from the times of Arlathan. The Keeper said that our warriors felt braver and more skilled thanks to my song, so she named me this way. I like it, even if it's too long. When I grew up and became a ranger, they also called me White Wolf, but that's another story... During my initiation I was attacked by wolves, but I could talk with them so I survived just with a few scars. When I joined the Wardens and they asked me about my tattoos I had to explain it, so they always called me that, as a joke... I am digressing, right?''

Calli laughed softly, blushing a bit. ''I usually don't talk that much. What about you? I... I want to know you as well. All about you. If you like...''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Caterina Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:38 am

Caterina laughed at Bowen as he winked at her, and smiled back at Calliara with her own wink- a promise to talk more, later- before dancing off to stand at Bowen's side. Her eyes crinkled at the sides slightly as she smiled in response to his kiss to her forehead, and also silently took up her own bag to begin rummaging about, staying near Bowen's side so that Drake and Calliara could have their privacy. For the moment, she was fine with Bowen's seemingly pensive quiet. The sounds of Drake's and Calliara's voices drifted over faintly, and it was calming enough to listen to them talk to one another.

She still wasn't sure what things of value they'd find in this mess. Of course, it seemed logical to look, in any case, but not when they were on a supposedly tight schedule. If they were so low on funds that selling a few rusty daggers would make a significant dent in their budget, she worried for the whole of the operation. Ah well. It wasn't her job to complain, or ask questions.

As she fiddled about, she picked up a few daggers, leaving the more damaged ones in the field, and completely ignored the weapons of darkspawn make, unless they looked particularly valuable. Few people wanted to buy darkspawn-made items.

She was distracted, thinking of the items and losing herself in the search, that it came as a huge surprise to her when she felt an arm around her waist, and she was tugged gently but firmly around for a kiss. She blinked for a moment, re-orienting her mind, before really realizing what was happening, and she kissed back, bringing her free hand up to gently rest on the side of Bowen's face.

When it was over her throat made this strange, low growling sound as she pulled away, and she looked up at Bowen with a questioning glance. "Now, what did I do to deserve that?" She asked with a small smile twitched onto her lips. It certainly didn't seem like the time or the place, but she wasn't complaining.
Caterina
Caterina

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:38 am

That shy smile was a wonderous thing but Drake kept a clear expression which told nothing. As she spoke he nodded or shook his head. Calliara had some hard breaks in her life but also some good breaks, being raised by her clan instead of other things which could have happened. There were things which likely hurt a fair amount, like in anyone's life but she was doing well now, she looked well but her eyes told him there was more in the recent past that she was not saying yet.

"Your parents must have loved each other very much." He commented as he pushed aside the remains of a sheath with his sword, "War Song and White Wolf. I prefer Songbird."

There wasn't much to say but he did smile at her which in of itself was a lot considering he prefered to look like a brooding woodsman and he did that rather well, except around her it seemed. How could that be?

"My life? Well, my childhood was normal for my ra... culture. My parents taught my siblings and myself well on how to use our innate skills for our benefit. They were weaponsmiths and taught us the trade. My specialty was weapons with skills attached to them, like frost or the such but I had older brothers so I was sent away to foster with relatives. While I was there my family, all but my sister was killed. I was told it was a robbery gone wrong."

Drake was another who seldom spoke much but it felt right with Calliara. No one else but Nygozy ever got him to open up like this but with her it was for different reasons he'd confided in her.

"My relatives sent me to the tower to become a Templar. I learned but I did not like it there. Then the Darkspawn started showing up in numbers and my sister was taken. She had been learning to be a priestess in Lothering. It came time for our initiations so Knight-Commander Greagoir had us sent out to test our skills and I ran off on them. I went to the Deep Roads to find my sister."

The fighter sighed and shrugged at that point, "I worked with the Legion for a few years, met up with Nygozy and decided to work for her."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bowen Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:52 am

"Now, what did I do to deserve that?"

''Being so precious''. He answered gently, releasing her with a smirk, then continued with what they were doing. The Nevarran could hear Drake and Calliara talking although he couldn't hear what they were saying, but just knowing they were talking made him feel satisfied.

Being an 'older brother' was nice, but obviously it was not enough. Definitely, it was better to be something more to a woman and...

A big head suddenly poked him in the back, and he turned to see Goliath following them, curious. Bowen laughed and stroked the black mane of his big stallion, who was still carrying his bags. ''Well aren't you a lovely good fellow. Caterina my dear, I want you to meet Goliath, my trustful friend''

Goliath nuzzled the girl's hair curiously, sniffing her neck and chest, and then hands. Bowen continued to look for valuable things in the dust, whistling a soft tune.
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:23 am

"Your parents must have loved each other very much. War Song and White Wolf. I prefer Songbird."

''That's what I've been told, that my mother abandoned her Clan for him'' Calliara smiled shyly again. ''And... I prefer Songbird too''

She listened carefully to him, looking at him and rubbing Fenrir's back softly, and sometimes pointing him out some things hidden under the dust.

When he told her about his dead family she couldn't resist and touched his arm, concerned. ''I am so sorry... I've always been sad because I never knew my parents, but I'm not sure what's worse... Not knowing them at all, or knowing them and have them gone...''

Calliara knew little about him, but something she believed she knew was that he liked talking as much as her, and even with that, he was talking to her. That made her feel nice. She didn't even realize, but the more he talked, the closer she walked alongside with him, to the point to almost touch him with her elbow carrying Fenrir, or with her hip.

"I worked with the Legion for a few years, met up with Nygozy and decided to work for her."

''I am glad you did''. Calliara muttered, shy again, but smiled weakly. ''I think it's my turn again... Well, I am 25 years old, and I became a full member of my Clan when I was eighteen, when I got my tattoos. They show my respect for Andruil, goddess of the Hunt, and Mythal, goddess of Protection. And to be honest, most of them are meant to cover scars'' She smiled again, shrugging. ''When I was nineteen, a clanmate and I were patrolling our camp's limits when we found three humans running. They told us that the found a cave with ruins and treasures and a demon with black eyes... Of course Tamlen and I were young and stupid, and even if I wanted to warn our Keeper first, we went to check the cave. We found some... walking corpses, a tainted bear and a mirror... Later I knew it was a corrupted Tevinter mirror''

Calliara sighed. Even if it happened years ago, it was still painful to remember where her life ended.

Tamlen touched it. He said he saw something moving, and then a dark city underground... and he yelled that 'they' saw him and... there was a flashing light and Tamlen screaming for help. I don't remember what happened next, but I woke up two days later in my camp. I was told that a Grey Warden found me out the cave, so I assume I somehow managed to crawl out there. I also was told that I arrived deathly sick and my Keeper had to use ancient magic to heal me. She asked me to return and look for Tamlen with her student Merrill, and so we went, alongside with another friend of us, Fenarel. We found darkspawn this time, and the Grey Warden was in the cave, looking at the mirror. That's when he told me what it was, and that it had to be destroyed, and that my friend was forever gone''

The Dalish looked at him directly now, calm as always and petting Fenrir's ears softly.

''The Grey Warden was Duncan, the Commander. Nygozy was recruited by him, if Bowen and I were told correctly. Duncan told me then that I was going to die slow and painfully because I was tainted by darkspawn. When we were back in our camp, he talked to my Keeper, and then offered me two choices... die right there or joining the Order, having a little possibility to survive. I wanted to live and avenge my fallen brother, so I accepted, even if leaving my people made me sad. And so we left for Denerim... I've been a Grey Warden for almost six years now and I was to the Deep Roads twice. One when I was just a recruit, and we just were there for a week and a half. The second and last one we were there for a month or so, but it seemed to me as if it had been years... Throwing up every thirty steps'' She chuckled darkly, mocking on herself and shuddered. I don't like caves. I'm fine with houses and that, but caves... or being underground... But if I have to, I do it. Before the Blight began Bowen, Gunnar and I were sent to Weisshaupt to deliver a message, and we've just returned. And that's all my amazingly interesting life...''

She was still looking at him, surprised for actually having told him all she had, but pleased with it. Now it was his turn to make the next movement.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:01 pm

"I have no idea what it would have been like for you. It's hard for me to imagine not having sibling rivalry and fun or parents. Maybe parents because of my fostering but it's all hard to imagine too much."

Drake listened carefully to her story about becoming a warden. His eyes actually looked sad for it. He'd heard many stories and often as not the stories from wardens were not happy ones, especially when it came to their relationships with other wardens due to what they were. Duty came before all else and death was an inevitable possibility, if not for the fighting but for their lifespan which was shortened by the taint. No one could ever get him to go through the ritual to become a warden but he had great admiration for those who had.

"I've lost a former lover before due to Darkspawn as well. She was no warden and it wasn't something long term but it hurt. I could only imagine what it was like to lose Duncan. Nygozy spoke of it. She and King Therein took his death badly. Personally, I would never become a warden. My lineage is that of those who would not take to it well and probably die in initiation."

In a spurious moment, unlike him, he put his hand under her chin and lifted it to look into his eyes. The dark chocolate of his own were gentle as he whispered, "But I find your strength to be one like an elixer." Drake kissed her lips gently then turned back to the work at hand, almost as if nothing had happened.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:36 pm

"I have no idea what it would have been like for you. It's hard for me to imagine not having sibling rivalry and fun or parents. Maybe parents because of my fostering but it's all hard to imagine too much."

''I don't think it was that bad... I was raised by a widow, Ashalle, she was related somehow to my father, I think she was his aunt or something... I'm not sure. And I had friends, Merrill, Fenarel, Tamlen and I were like siblings. But being an orphan and nameless for so many years was a bit hard, yes''

Calliara shrugged, still petting Fenrir. In fact, it had been harder than she even dare to think, but as always she resigned with everything.

''Personally, I would never become a warden. My lineage is that of those who would not take to it well and probably die in initiation."

''To be honest, I never thought about it. I was just happy being a valuable clan member, with a simple, quiet life, but I supposse that was not meant for me. And as I said, I just had the choice of trying the Joining or die. Maybe I was a coward, but I didn't want to die''. She whispered, staring at the ground. ''I felt that even if my life would end in combat, it was better than waiting for a slow painful death because of the taint or being executed just to not become a danger for my people. I don't regret becoming a Grey Warden though, and I like what we do, even if sometimes it's... an unhappy task. Duncan wasn't sure if I was going to live either, and of course he didn't tell me a thing about it, but if he had I would have tried anyway. I had nothing else to loose.''

Calliara didn't tell him that she was pleased he was not a Warden and wasn't planning to be. That kind of reasons were only hers, at least for that moment, and were reasons that she barely dared to even consider.

When Drake kissed her Calliara blinked, shocked, but kissed him back even if it was a brief kiss. She blinked again when he continued with what he was doing, as if nothing had happened, feeling the blush on her cheeks and butterflies in her stomach. Great. Now she was thinking like a stupid Orlesian teenager. Bowen would be delighted if he found out what she was thinking, and she won't hear the end of it.

Shyly, she took one of his hands gently, trying to make him stop, and tried to joke, her smile trembling lightly. She had heard Caterina teasing Bowen and the Nevarran teasing her back happily, so she tried hard to do the same, even if she felt stupid and unsure with it, but she really wanted. Also, Calliara hoped he would understand that it was a clear surrender. ''Ser, I am afraid that I have not caught it... It was too quick to be sure...''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next