Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Yo! Minna(Hey Everyone) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Yo! Minna(Hey Everyone) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Yo! Minna(Hey Everyone) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Yo! Minna(Hey Everyone) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Yo! Minna(Hey Everyone) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Yo! Minna(Hey Everyone) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Yo! Minna(Hey Everyone) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Yo! Minna(Hey Everyone) I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Yo! Minna(Hey Everyone) I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Yo! Minna(Hey Everyone)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Yo! Minna(Hey Everyone) Empty Yo! Minna(Hey Everyone)

Post  Akari Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:38 am

I kind of promised myself that I wasn't going to post on this site except for my rp'ing. I ended up making this thread to say hi to everyone I am new to this site, well sort of since I had joined a month back. I can't really remember to be honest with school and life in my mind. I am usually on the chatboxes trying to talk to people but since this site is different things of course are different for me to get used to as well. So to introduce myself...

I am a fanfic writer that likes manga and anime (mainly Shugo chara) that is actually the main reason why I am an rp'er. I am a part of a few sites not that many unless they are recommended like this one was. So far I like it even though it's taking a while to finish but I know everyone has their life and problems to handle. I am a college student that is almost graduating and hoping to get int grad or med school.

I can't really think of what else to say.. ^^" If you have any questions you want to ask me feel free to ask me. :3

ah! I forgot my name sorry about that, I am known as Amuto, Riku(nickname), Kagura and Yuji. I prefer amuto or Yuji, but my username here is Akari.
Akari
Akari

http://animemanga.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Yo! Minna(Hey Everyone) Empty Re: Yo! Minna(Hey Everyone)

Post  Final Warrior Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:43 am

Chasing every word of romaji with its English equivalent is adorable, in an "aw, look at the lil' weeaboo!" kind of way.

And your username makes me think of coffee mugs.

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

http://www.innocentmachine.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:09 pm

Welcome to the forum, Akari. Hope you enjoy it here and maintain activeness.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Akari Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:25 pm

@ Final warrior : not sure if what you mean is a good thing or not. I don't really mind being called an otaku at all knowing that for me it's not an insult at all rather something I enjoy watching and learning about. As for my username I would change it but I have no idea what I would change it into and Akari was the first name I thought of when I was recommended to this site.

@Dragonis Thank you, I hope I can be active but I have to be honest since I am not sure if I will be able to or not. I can probably say I will make a promise that I won't but I rather not just in case I am unable to. Though if I can be as active as I can I will do what I can, though it doesn't help when this forum is practically new to me. ^^"
Akari
Akari

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:55 am

For a weeaboo, you don't wakarimasu desu recent nihongo cartoons (or not-as-recent comics) very much, huh?

Yo! Minna(Hey Everyone) Akkarin-yuru-yuri-disappearing-cup-001

Akari~n!

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Akari Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:48 pm

ah! souka(I see/understand). I don't usually watch/read too much of the recent anime's/manga's if I don't like their plot. So honestly it really depends on their plot and storyline. As the one you just showed me I have never seen thus I might not have had an interest to watch it or haven't seen it yet. There are many that I have watched and lost interest but there are many nihongo anime's that I watch. I usually just watch the Omoshiroi(interesting) ones though.
Akari
Akari

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:06 am

Oh god. The characters we attract. (Was I really like that when we were kids, Final?)

Aaaaaand for the fun of it

Shigata ga nai
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:44 am

Nah, anata kesshite used gratuitous kazu of nihongo (or, well, romaji, which is nipponese for westaboos) to kimi zettai kesshite sprinkled it into the mannaka of your English, nor did omae chase it with an English honyaku.

In fact, boku oboete iru omae o shiyo shite romaji at all.

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:53 am

Hi again! I always love it with new people, not that you are new new anymore but I still love it. As much as I love the oldsters here lol ... two years coming up soon gang. Anyway, it's great having you but my brain is fried with normal brain fry and getting ready to go camping but I wanted to say hi again and try to figure out what Final said but no brain to look it up or bablefish it so gonnna get going laters have fun or try ta!!!!
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:11 pm

So, kids who want to try being cool these days slip japanese words when speaking/typing? I might be growing too old then

Be welcome

Griffinhart, either you translate what you wrote or I withdraw my marriage propose
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:39 pm

:<

Then I guess I'll just have to go back to being forever alone polyamorous uhuhuhu

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:46 pm

I only understood a little bit of what Final said. Mostly from reading things like Shogun by James Clavell, as well as my years in karate and the occasional sub anime (I'm also noticing more mistakes in translations).

In short, it's slightly condescending but light hearted jab at Westerners who like to smatter their speech with random Japanese words and phrases. Hence the Weeaboo thing. Don't fret about it too much Akari, he's just playing with you. I've known him since we both started roleplaying oh... ten years ago now?
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:57 pm

Actually, I was just replying to you and made no comment on Akari (though I can see how one could interpret my parenthetical re: romaji is Japanese for westaboos as such).

Has it really been ten years? Hmm... I could go dig up the old Evers'ilance thread and check the timestamp, but... well, that'd rely on the thread still being around.

And also I'd probably get sucked into reading that thread, and I'm pretty sure I'd die of retroactive embarrassment.

(Or would I die retroactively of embarrassment?)

(What's the difference?)

ETA: I think your first post in the Evers'ilance thread was 2003 Oct 08, and the thread itself was created 2003 Sept 18. So, closer to nine than ten.

*Shiver*

*Vomit*

I can't believe I used to write like that (script-style! With gratuitous amounts of puppeteering!). And I remember crushing on Kitty so hard back then, too. I was holding out the Rose Warrior position for her, can you believe it?

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:29 pm

Yeah I can believe it.

Also that thread is physically painful for me to read. We were ALL doing script style as I recall. And the grammar errors; dear God, the grammar errors. I occasionally dig it up for masochistic nostalgia.

Also, I still don't know where I got Vox's Magitto move from. It was supposed to be based on Isaac's Meteor from Golden Sun or something.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:40 pm

I know we stopped doing script-style by the time of Stone King, but that was four years after Evers'ilance started (and two after it ended). Talon is such a hybrid of Griffinhart and Reynardine (which is strange, because I didn't create Reynardine until I joined your Soul Wars forum, though I guess I floated the concept earlier in an Exalted game I ran with some friends [although, back there, he was even more of a ripoff of Jack Sparrow]).

I always assumed your Megitto was inspired by/a total rip-off of the Super Megido spell from the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, although I don't remember it dropping a meteor (then again, I also haven't played SMTP2 in years).

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:43 pm

At that point in time I had never heard of the SMT series. It was something I either observed or popped into my head, inspired by the Meteor move from Golden Sun. I didn't find out about SMT until Persona 3 was released (read: Localized).

Fun fact: I named Vox after my home security system: VoxCom
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:56 pm

I don't think you two realized yet that you're speaking taiwanese again
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:31 pm

Oh, don't mind us, Calliara. We're just two old biddies reminiscing about the Good(ish) Old Days™. We first met on a different forum, as roleplayers, in an RP that I had started (it grew to become pretty epic-long: 81 pages on the old forum software, 216 on the new, with nearly 30k views; no other thread has come close, not even the stickied character submissions thread). I was 12 at the time, and I'd guess Dragonis to be 13. Needless to say, in hindsight, we were terrible writers. Embarrassingly, horrifically so.

Griffinhart is totally stolen from inspired by Leonhart. (FFVIII was my first, and still my favorite, Final Fantasy game, for all its mechanical failings; Squall is still my favorite JRPG protagonist [that isn't a blank for the player to impose their own personality quirks onto, like the Pimptagonist of Persona 4], and Squall x Rinoa was my first ship and OTP.) "Leon" is a corruption of "Lion", "Griffin" of "Gryphon". No idea where Raphael came from, though... (I've retconned the inspiration as "like the Archangel", but let's face it - Griffinhart is a terrible healer.)

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:34 pm

Well, I, myself, just LOVE your character's name. Character's names are an important thing when it comes to designing them. All of my characters have pretty names for me Razz

Raphael Griffinhart. Personally I love the name Raphael. It's old form, not the spanish form (Rafael). And I happen to love griffons. Or gryphons. Or whatever.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:53 pm

Yeah, it's still my favorite name. Enough that I named myself after him.

Griffinhart's also got brothers in certain universes (not the DA one... at least, not that he's aware of). The original (I assume) Vox was a brother (of a sorts) of his.

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:38 pm

If memory serves, they were "brothers of the soul", but not related by blood (That in itself would raise all kinds of hell with the Dragonis clan continuity).

Aaaand by the time of DART within Dragonis Canon, Vox is long dead. Still deciding on the current Eladrin, but he/she may appear for nothing more than a cameo (I have too many characters as it is)
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:01 pm

That seems to be a current issue lately. I mean, having too many characters to have track of. Let's see mmm

Refering strictly as characters I actually rp, and are not NPC's...:

World of Darkness (Masquerade, a.k.a. nowadays) :
Michelle de Cameron - Brujah 5th Gen (my favourite of all time)
Prince Aristos de Esparta - Brujah 4th Gen
Elysium's Guardian Azeem al Muanmar - Brujah 7th Gen
Zulema al Seddiri - Assamite 6th Gen
Natasha Vodianova - Tzimisce 7thGen

Forgotten Realms:
Calliara Viento de Escarcha (Frost Wind) - Half elf - Ranger/Bard/Solonor's First Arrow (I love her, she's crazy)
Carhelka - Wolf/Astral - Solonor's Will and Ranger's Companion
Caelor Viento de Escarcha (Frost Wind) - Moon Elf - Ranger
Narae'erinion Oblodra - Half Drow/half Moon Elf - Assassin/Gladiator

Shadowrun: Rhea Frost - Elf - Runner (Pilot) (maybe the less crazy of them all, in spite of being in the process of becoming a vampire)

World of Darkness (Ancient times (Sumer/Akkad) : Sahira, Inanna's reincarnation - Mage

Skyrim: Eira Karanir - Nord - Ranger/Hunter/Berseker (my current favourite)

Lord of the Rings: Fione Losfinel - Noldor - Warrior (too much Noldorin angst)

Cosima - Calliara/Hawkeye/Silver - Half elf - Sniper

Dragon Age:
Calliara Mahariel - Dalish - Rogue/Ranger/Bard
Bowen Pentaghast - Human - Warrior/Guardian
Gunnar Karanir - Dwarf - Warrior/Guardian

Yes, I'm bored
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Dragonis wrote:If memory serves, they were "brothers of the soul", but not related by blood
Hole in one.

I don't actually keep all that many recurring characters, what with Griffinhart. Griffinhart is the most, at... well, he's basically my only constant. His brothers have appeared in something like five or six RPs (only two or three of which that got off the ground significantly). Zillam has had two appearances - here, and back at Soul War.

Technically, within the Evers'ilance continuity, Griffinhart does have a descendant (Talon "Quietstorm" Griffinhart, but if he ever makes an appearance, I am retconning the hell out of that "nickname"), but it's never cleared up exactly how that happened (Talon isn't actually aware of his heritage, and states that, according to the histories, the Final Warrior actually betrayed and murdered the King, despite being the heir to the throne, though he wasn't of the King's blood), and worse, I don't remember the exact specifics (Talon's only ever occurred the once, and that was five years past).

Hm, I guess technically Rhianna is tied with Zillam for lowest reoccurrence count, although she wasn't an actively-played character; rather, she's part of Griffinhart's background in a different continuity.

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:08 pm

I keep the Dragonis/Eladrin clans in any RP I'm in, they are able to be shifted with the setting, since the ancient history is mostly ambiguous (and further lost in the annals of my embarrassing start to roleplaying). But yeah, I can mould them to just about any setting with enough tweaking. Therefore, the two clans remain constant.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:16 pm

Considering that, in Evers'ilance continuity, Griffinhart eventually becomes an immortal (or close enough to it, anyhow) planeswalker... well, that's his excuse. Also the whole ridiculous supernatural origins (being the direct descendent of actual Life and Death, etc., etc.).

Maybe for fun one of these days, I'll go back and fix up the history of the Brothers Griffinhart.

ETA: Oh jeez I went into the Evers'ilance thread and jumped to page 100. By 103 I was physically, actually cringing in embarrassment. I don't think I'll ever be able to master my reflexive convulsions, so a "fixed" history isn't probably ever going to happen. Maybe a new history.

(I did get reminded of the fact that Griffinhart committed patricide, though.)

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum