Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Vigil for Vigil's Keep - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Vigil for Vigil's Keep - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Vigil for Vigil's Keep - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Vigil for Vigil's Keep - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Vigil for Vigil's Keep - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Vigil for Vigil's Keep - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Vigil for Vigil's Keep - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Vigil for Vigil's Keep - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Vigil for Vigil's Keep - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Vigil for Vigil's Keep

+5
Caterina
Calliara
Dragonis
Final Warrior
Nygozy
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Vigil for Vigil's Keep - Page 3 Empty Re: Vigil for Vigil's Keep

Post  Final Warrior Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:24 am

What was the purpose in putting him on point if all the Commander was going to do was rush head-long into the unknown?

Or so Griffinhart would have thought, if he weren't more concerned about getting to the next fight. Stunned, for the barest of moments, by the might of earthquake, the soldier had already regained his balance and was looking to Nygozy for orders when the dwarven woman mad a mad-cap dash down the hallways in the direction of the roaring. Surprised at his Commander's initiative, the Anders man had no other course of action but to follow.

There wasn't a fight waiting for them at the end of their path, and so Griffinhart fell back, swords low but still in-hand, letting Nygozy do her work.

He hadn't felt her appearance, but there was a scent in the air that was not that of the dead and the dying; ever-aware, Griffinhart saw Calliara waiting in the doorway (or what had once been the doorway, at least) as his eyes roamed the room, surveying the new man's handiwork. More importantly, he saw his helmet in Calliara's possession, and moved quietly towards her.
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

http://www.innocentmachine.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:14 am

Griffinhart moved, and Calliara's eyes moved as well to follow him while the warrior approached her. Just her eyes, as she didn't move at all, just that. She suppossed he wanted his helmet, and the Wolf handed it back to him with a nod.

''Here you are, brother. Bowen sends this with his excuses for not being able to bring it back to you, he is taking the survivors to camp. He still has your cloak, though''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:21 pm

Kai braced himself and prepared to cover Nygozy if needed as the room began to shake. Luckily nothing more than dirt fell on the group. Even before the elf could get his wits back Nygozy was on the move. Damn that woman kept him on his toes.

Kai took off with Griifinheart, just a few steps behind the crazy dwarf. The assassin pulled up short as he saw the destruction around the blond man. As Nygozy addressed the stranger non-chalantly (was that woman ever serious?) Kai moved around to flank the man incase of danger.

He was just starting to gain a handle on the situation when he saw Calliara ghost into the room. Kai instantly sensed something was wrong. And then she spoke. The words were hers but something in her voice seemed... Other. How much more bizarre could this day possibly get? The elf thought to himself as he tried to keep his attention focus on too many places at once.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:23 pm

((Your turn Anders.))
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anders Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:00 am

He glanced up from looking at charred body of the darkspawn at his feet, blinking away the ashes that stained his face as he looked at the newcomers in the doorway. Well, that was a surprise. Even after fighting for what seemed like forever, though, he didn't start or jump at their arrival, or accidentally raise his staff for attack - it was probably a good thing, too, since that one white haird tall man looked like he could have ripped his arm off, even without the magic he felt drifting about him.

"Well they started it," he said automatically, pointing to the monster at his feet. It was either a very small ogre or a particularly large hurlock - he hadn't had the time to notice before his smiting instincts had kicked in. "I mean, it's not everyday I let someone get away with calling it a dress, but when a darkspawn is being more polite about it than a Templar, I just have to make a note of it." He gestured to the steaming remains on the ground and then the evident after-shocks of the attack, where the walls were scorched and his robes were singed as well. "Clearly, though, I lost myself a bit. I can't help it - I like to be politically correct about my choice of clothing."

The mage finally stepped over the smouldering remains, approaching the party with a perfectly appropriate level of caution. He looked each of them over in turn, and then looked back at the dwarven women who'd spoken first. "You're not . . . with the Templars are you? I swear I didn't kill any of them - it was all the darkspawn. I prefer to slip away without hurting anyone rather than blast my way out, if you know what I mean."
Anders
Anders

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:30 pm

A grin, a snort of amusement and a kind chuckle following the previous sound made it known that the small Grey Warden was tickled by the way this man spoke about his escapade of what exactly had happened with the Darkspawn.

"Ah yes. I do believe that is a sin and the most offensive thing to a mage, besides chopping his or her head off." Her eyes roamed over the bodies on the ground then came back up to settle on the human before her, analyzing him with grace and deference, "We are not with these Templars but we do have a couple in our employ ... if you could call it that. This group is a tiny amount of Grey Wardens, come at the King's demand to use this place as our own. So what would such a politically correct gentleman be doing in this keep with such charming acquaintances to keep him company?"
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Calliara walked slowly until she was by Nygozy's side, head covered with her hood and eyes low looking at the dead darkspawn. That was not right. They were way larger than they should. That was not right.

The Wolf said nothing, but was checking everything and everyone, to be sure none of them were hurt and to be sure nothing was hiding in the shadows, ready to jump on them.

Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:00 am

[OOC: (╯゚□゚)╯︵ ┻━┻ ]

Griffinhart nodded at the White Wolf's words before donning his helmet once more. Lives were more important than armor; this, the warrior understood. The weighty armor settled down on his head - a familiar, comfortable sensation; even the loss of his peripheral vision was something he knew well. Griffinhart clasped and locked the helmet, turning his head and rolling his neck to ensure that it was on tight.

"So what would such a politically correct gentleman be doing in this keep with such charming acquaintances to keep him company?" Nygozy's inquiry caught Griffinhart's ear, sealed behind hard metal as it was. He turned from his post at the rear and interjected before the stranger mage could respond. "Interrogations are better held back at camp, Commander." It was an uncommon act - Griffinhart rarely spoke without being spoken to first - but they were in an uncommon situation. They were fighting undetectable darkspawn, in a fortress that should have been well-defended, and one of their party had been taken out of the battle.

Griffinhart did not show it in his movements or his mannerisms, but he was worried. For a man from the steppes of Anderfel, darkspawn incursions were nothing new; but ones that could fell fortresses often meant responding with far more force than what the Fereldan Warden-Commander was bringing to bear.
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:24 pm

Kai watched the mage warily, staying as close to Nygozy as he could without interfearing with her fighting room should something attack.

"I agree with Griffinhart, Hero. We should leave this place and come back with a larger force. Plus the camp will need leadership with all the wounded to care for. With both you and the Wolf here..." He trailed off, having made his point. While before he would have never dared to council without being asked, he was worried as Grifdinhart was. There was so much wrong here he didn't even know where to begin thinking about it.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:48 am

Nygozy glanced to the side to see Calliara but went back to watching this mage carefully. He seemed to be the fun loving type but one never knew with anyone. She was waiting upon his reply when Griffinhart spoke of his own accord. That made her stop for a moment and turn her head to look at the man, carefully analyzing the situation as she did so.

Interogations are better to be done at camp.

That was true and even though this was not "quite" an interogation it was not a good time to be trying to figure out about this new person.

Then Kai agreed with the magical warrior and the dwarf smiled lightly. Two of her most unspoken men speaking and agreeing upon an action. They were both correct and strangely, at least for Griffinhart, worried.

She put up a hand and motioned towards the door, "My advisors are correct. Griffinhart. Take command of the mage. We are going back to camp and I would advise you," She gave Anders a significant look of warning, "Please do not try anything. Even though I do not believe you will there is always a chance and if you do then believe me, Griffinhart will take quick work of you and if you harm me then Griffinhart will make short work of you after Kai tortures you."

Nygozy turned and started off, "Calliara you have point. Make sure we are not walking into anything we do not wish for."

Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:15 pm

The Wolf just nodded, eyeing the unknown mage and then the Commander.

''I will make sure there's nothing hiding here that would be dangerous for us once we get inside''. The Dalish looked around. ''I sent Bowen and Caterina back to camp with the survivors. They were running like beheaded chickens''

With that, and a slight bow from her head, the Wolf entered the shadows in the Keep to explore and check if there were more darkspawn inside, and to check from where the hell they came in first place
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anders Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:47 pm

His eyes widened as he looked at the dwarven woman, not so much in disbelief but certainly in surprise. Wardens? Here? It hadn't been long ago that everyone had thought them all dead, but even so, he'd never imagined that he'd ever actually run into one. He didn't say anything, though. She seemed otherwise occupied with her party, and he really had no intention of doing anything that would further annoy any of them.

"'Take command of the mage'?" he couldn't help but repeat as the dwarven woman went about giving orders, and his eyes trailed over to the man she seemed to have motioned to. The rather extremely large man. An eyebrow rose, and he held up his hands placatingly, returning his staff to the holster on his back. "Be gentle with me. I bruise easily." As much as he would have loved to be offended by the blanket command and borderline racist nomenclature, even his mouth knew when to shut up in a situation like this. A gang of angry Wardens wasn't something he really wanted to have on his back. Besides, Wardens were actually fairly well known for accepting mages. He could even feel the Fade on the man that the dwarven woman had motioned at to watch him, and though he'd pretty much been given to him to watch like a badly behaved dog, it was at least good to know that another mage was in their midst. Sort of.
Anders
Anders

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:10 pm

Griffinhart regarded the man's words - "I bruise easily" - with a moment of bemusement, before understanding that he struck an imposing figure. That worked in his favor.

The warrior nodded in acknowledgement, both of his orders and of the mage's words, and settled in behind his charge. They did not have the time to properly bind him; nor did Griffinhart actually know if the man was to be treated like a prisoner; instead, the swordsman spoke, in a neutral voice, with an even tone, taking advantage of his form to convey any subtle threats of violence.

"Follow the Commander. Take care with your hands, or I will take care of them." It was simple, direct, and acknowledged both the mage's capabilities and his own.

It would have to suffice.
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:40 pm

Kai stood motionless for another moment observing the mage before he acted. He flashed a dagger at the mage with an evil grin, then turned away as if the mage were beneath his notice. Reluctantly he gave Nygozy's shoulder a squeeze and faded into the shadows ahead of the party to scout the way back.

He didn't want to stray far from Nygozy, but threats were best found early. He also thought briefly of following his cousin deeper but that would really be leaving Nygozy. As concerned as he was for Calliara, Nygozy had to come first.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  Anders Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:02 am

Well Maker, wasn't this fabulous. One of his guard was giving a particularly dashing impersonation of a brick wall, and the other was quite pointedly ignoring him (after making a very real threat of his dagger, no less). If they'd been Templars, he wouldn't have taken any chances and he'd have mad a run for it, low on mana or no, but considering the fact that he hadn't yet been bound and gagged, he figured he hadn't quite jumped into the metaphorical fire just yet. Besides, the dwarven woman seemed likeable enough - as likeable as someone could be covered in darkspawn gore in the middle of a razed keep.

He looked back at the white-haired maybe-mage warrior, and then turned back around to follow the procession out of the room, the very picture of an obedient prisoner. If he was a prisoner. Even his assigned guard seemed to be flaky on that detail. "Is that a promise or a threat?" he couldn't help but quip back, willfully ignoring the fact that now was probably not the best time for his particular brand of snarky retaliation. he couldn't help it - it was hardwired into his brain to be smart with people. "I think I can manage my hands just fine, but I'm not promising anything if we're attacked by darkspawn again. Forgive me for saying, but then it's every mage for himself."
Anders
Anders

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:58 pm

The Keep was a complete mess. It was amazing how fast darkspawn could spread their filth and turn a completely safe place into a dirty lair. There was broken furniture everywhere, and some corpses as well. Or what she assumed were corpses. It was obvious that some of the unfortunate ones that couldn't escape in time had been eaten. The Wolf wanted to think they were dead before that.

Calliara checked the upper floors to find that most of them were still clean and untouched. There were no survivors though, as they surely had escaped with the first attacks. Still, she registered every corner just to be sure.

Then she started to go lower and lower, and things got worse. Here and there she found a genlock wandering, and sometimes even some agonic darkspawn that still had breath to roar at her. She killed them all and continued looking, not daring to leave without knowing exactly where they came from in first place.

There was something in the air though. Something that didn't feel quite right. It wasn't darkspawn presence, she was quite sure there were no darkspawn in the Keep at that moment, but she could feel their filthy presence far beyond her. Underneath her feet.

No, that feeling was a strange one. Looking around, the scene looked like seen through some kind of weird blurr. The Wolf wondered if...

Smart beyond your years

The Wolf stopped, staring at the front in disbelief. There was nothing there, in front of her or behind. She couldn't feel anyone close. But still, she could hear his voice, as clearly as if he was standing right by her side.

''It happened at last. I went mad''

And then his laughter, his soft, gentle laughter, and the Wolf suddenly saw the scene way worse blurry than before.

No, you are not mad. I know I've told you so, sometimes. But this is not the case

Calliara shook her head and continued walking. ''This can't be happening''

You can deny it if you want. But you, and the Wardens, need to know what it's happening here, my moonlight

The Wolf had to stop again, and lean her back against the wall, feeling her knees weak. It couldn't be. There was no way it could be. She seriously considered she went mad for real, because there was no way that Duncan, former Grey Warden Commander, was speaking to her from nowhere.

''How...?''

Again his laughter, with pride in his voice. Smart girl. I can't tell you. You must realize by yourselves. I'm forbidden to tell, but I needed to tell you all. I couldn't let my Wardens go to war into the unknown without trying to help them

''Are you here?'' Calliara's voice sounded more broken than ever, to her dismay, fighting back her tears. How she wished she could hug him, and not letting him go again.

I can't even touch you, my moonlight His deep voice, sad as it was the day they parted to Weisshaupt. Calliara closed her eyes while Duncan kept speaking. I am not in your realm, I know what you are asking. I am gone, Calliara. I can not return

The Wolf nodded lightly, heart still broken. She knew it, but hearing it was far worse. ''Then how...? Why...?''

''You must warn Nygozy and the others. You're heading to an entrance to the Deep Roads, beneath this Keep. But that's not the worst part. You already know what part that is. There's just one way I could be speaking with you, as you have no magic powers, from the place I am...

Calliara frowned, but then, when realization hit her, she sighed. ''Sethenera. The Veil is broken. You're speaking to me from the Fade''

She could imagine Duncan nodding with his usual silent approval when one recruit did something that pleased him. Smart girl. I can't tell you how it happened, as we are not sure

''We? Who are...?''

Service does not end with death, moonlight. We are here, standing vigilant, as always. Just... in another place

The Wolf silently nodded, feeling somehow scared and relieved at the same time. So that was what Wardens had to expect. Their souls and everything they were would not vanish in the shadows in the end. There was a place for them, guarding the Veil. She wondered if they were guarding the dead God's souls when they were defeated in the Blights, to prevent them coming back. She wondered if she would go there once her time came. In Death, Sacrifice, meant more things than the Grey Wardens motto let know. Now she realized it also meant Eternal Service

''I... miss you...'' Oh Mythal, she said it out loud. Damnit.

I know you do. I miss you too, my moonlight. But my life was close to its end and you are still so young. And now you have another reason to continue. I'm proud of you

''How could you...?'' Calliara whispered, not knowing how to finish her whine. How could he be so calm about her loving another man? How could he know about it? [/''He... he left... a while ago... and... and he hasn't come back... I don't know if...''

He will do. And you two will live. And everything would be fine... I must go now, and you must go back to Nygozy and inform

''No, not yet..! Duncan...!''

It hurts me just the same as it hurts you, Cal... Duncan's voice was as sweet as in their most intimate moments, and Calliara felt her heart breaking again. I loved you, I still do, and I'll always will. That can't change, and it won't. But I want you - need you - to be happy and live. I'll wait for you to join us, but not before it's your time for real. Tell Alistair I'm proud of him, really proud, but he needs to harden more. Tell Gunnar and Bowen I miss them, and I'm proud of them as well. And tell Nygozy she is doing a good job keeping my Wardens safe and going. I am proud of all of you

The Wolf nodded, defeated, and wiped out a rebel tear that was falling down her cheek. ''I love you too'', she whispered. ''I'll always will. And I miss you''

And you also love him. As it should be. There's a reason for anything, my moonlight

''And I love him too'', the Wolf nodded, feeling the pieces of her heart hurting more just thinking about Drake and wondering if he would be safe, and wondering where he could be. Or if he was ever coming back.

I'll see you when it's your time, Cal. My White Wolf. Be safe and proud until that moment. Protect your cubs. I love you

And that was all. She could barely whisper her last 'I love you' when the scene changed lightly, still blurry, but not as blurry as before. An ominous feeling was coming from the stone stairs right in fron of her that went down, to the basement that led to the lowest level of the Keep. But she could not go there alone.

The Wolf turned to go back to the highest levels and out the Keep, to go back and inform. Luckily, she had enough time to recover her calm state before arriving, a time she needed to hide her tears and the pain she was feeling right then. Pain for the man she lost, and pain and fear for the man she feared she was about to loose.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:20 am

[OOC: Next poster is either myself or Nygozy. Shall we wrap this one up, or was there more plot?

-- Griffinhart]
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:32 am

[There's nothing left, go ahead Smile ]
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:30 pm

[OOC: Hrmph, I just realized that there's a bit of a plothole - Nyogzy ordered Calliara to take point on the way back to camp, but Calliara went and explored the interior of the Keep... time to Duck Fate.]

The Warden party arrived back at camp without further incidence, partially due to vigilance, and mostly due to having killed nearly everything on the way into the Keep; it was not as if darkspawn were going to randomly pop up in the middle of the forest to waylay the group. At least, Griffinhart did not voice the likelihood of it happening. They weren't in the Anderfels, after all. Still...

The camp was in a state of orderly chaos - it was not constructed to deal with an influx of refugees (or, really, an influx of anything other than hostiles), and people were running about - the less-injured tending to the more-injured, with the more medically-minded members of Nygozy's party administering aid to the best of their overwhelmed abilities.

The freshly-arrived Keep crew dispersed to attend to concerns that lay within their spheres of influence.
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:36 pm

[That must have been me and my usual lack of understanding orders *awkward penguin walks away* ]
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3