Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Off to Denerim - Garoll's Group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Off to Denerim - Garoll's Group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Off to Denerim - Garoll's Group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Off to Denerim - Garoll's Group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Off to Denerim - Garoll's Group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Off to Denerim - Garoll's Group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Off to Denerim - Garoll's Group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Off to Denerim - Garoll's Group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Off to Denerim - Garoll's Group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Off to Denerim - Garoll's Group

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Off to Denerim - Garoll's Group - Page 2 Empty Re: Off to Denerim - Garoll's Group

Post  Swift_Assassin Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:31 am

Robert just stood by listening intently to just was unfolding in front of him. He didn't really know why the dwarf wouldn't just go ride the horse. It's not like he can keep up with them on foot. Unless dwarves were really fast on foot, but that would mean that they would tire very easily.

Two things caught his attention though. One, the dwarf has, seemingly, known Drake for a long time. Leading him to question how they met. Two, the mention of a nug. What could it be? He leaned over to Calliara. "What's a nug and why would someone want to fuck it?"
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Off to Denerim - Garoll's Group - Page 2 Empty Re: Off to Denerim - Garoll's Group

Post  Calliara Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:31 am

Calliara smiled and answered gently. ''A nug is some kind of pig, common in Orzammar where the dwarves live. It's mostly used for food. For the fucking part, I assume that sometimes the dwarves are lonely...'' She chuckled even if she was trying to remain calm and serious, but failed and laughed.

Fenrir whined at Robert, waving his tail and trying to lick the young human even if he was comfortably resting on Calliara's lap.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:35 am

Garoll's temper was flaring. But to prove his point, he struggled to get atop the horse that was considerably bigger than him. When he finally managed it, his feet could not reach the stirrups. He glared over at Rainard. "See unlike you, lad, I can't be all stretchy." He muttered. "Nug humping sodding duster." He growled.

And then there was a long pause.

And then Garoll burst out laughing, tears in his eyes from laughing so hard. "By the Stone, I forgot what it was like to trade jabs with you!"
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:39 pm

"What's a nug and why would someone want to fuck it?"

A smirk and a chuckle came just before Calliara's reply.

'A nug is some kind of pig, common in Orzammar where the dwarves live. It's mostly used for food. For the fucking part, I assume that sometimes the dwarves are lonely...''

"It is a hooved animal something like a pig, yes. Most people do not actually wish to do such things with them but that comment is an insult or a joke to tease another person. Most Dwarves quite enjoy that saying."

"See unlike you, lad, I can't be all stretchy. Nug humping sodding duster."

Drake adjusted the stirrups for Garoll as Cosima looked back at them. The comment about the stretchy legs made him chuckle then give the other man a smirk, "No you're have little, lumpy legs as you've always had even more so than most short, stocky beasts."

"By the Stone, I forgot what it was like to trade jabs with you!"

Once the stirrups were comfortably set for the Dwarf the fighter went over to Calliara's horse and got up behind her easily. He kissed the back of her neck and put his arms around her then looked at Garoll, "Aye. You love to have someone to whap you back when you're a dink. Must find you some haughty lass with a big booty to keep you on your toes."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:20 am

"Aye. You love to have someone to whap you back when you're a dink. Must find you some haughty lass with a big booty to keep you on your toes."

Calliara smiled happily as she felt his kiss (her now clean hair smelled like citrus and flowers) and his arms wrapped around her. She wondered how could Drake be comfortable on a horse without reigns or saddle, but it didn't matter at that moment, feeling him close was enough for her.

''Well, now that we all are ready, I think we should continue'' She said calmly, touching softly Drake's hand just with her fingertips.

Fenrir barked excitedly and tried to lick and chew the new fingers, waving his little tail. When Calliara hissed and tried to make him stop something that the puppy barked made her blush and smile, but said nothing.

''Robert, I am the Warden here, but the temporal leader of our little merry band is Captain Stonebrach. I beg you to obey him until we reach Nygozy's group, please''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:06 pm

Robert held back his laughter at Calliara's and Drake's responses. He just stood by watching until they situation seemed settled. So Robert climbed onto his horse, completely, but unintentionally, ignoring Fenrir's actions.

''Robert, I am the Warden here, but the temporal leader of our little merry band is Captain Stonebrach. I beg you to obey him until we reach Nygozy's group, please''

"Well, as long as he doesn't order me to do something that is certain suicide, I'll do as he orders. Oh...this may a bit late to ask, but what exactly is our final destination?
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:13 pm

Garoll smirked, and then Drake finished adjusting the reins. "Aye. You love to have someone to whap you back when you're a dink. Must find you some haughty lass with a big booty to keep you on your toes." He said with a glint of triumph in his eyes. Garoll just snorted. "They all can't be Prinda's, lad." Garoll grunted. "Now how the sodding hell do I ride this sodding creature? Go on, git!" He pleaded from the horse but it refused to move. Garoll fumed for a few moments.

In the mean time, Calliara pointed out that Garoll was the leader of the group here. Garoll snapped out of his moodiness enough to grunt "Aye. Well I ain't in the habit of sendin' my troops to certain death, then again, we were all dead to begin with. Might me a nice change commandin' the livin'." He chuckled darkly. "We're a-headin' fer what you surfacers call the Tower or sommat."
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:05 pm

"Cluck your tongue like you do when a new Dead accidentally throw's their axe instead of hitting a Hurlock head, lightly nudge her ribs with your heels and cluck your tongue again." He looked back, "I said lightly for a reason, by the way."

He turned back to Calliara, "Yes, you have to obey or this snow haired demoness may take your soul." He chuckled.

"It is the Tower of mages." Drake sighed, "Nygozy likes the quality of their lyrium."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:22 pm

"Yes, you have to obey or this snow haired demoness may take your soul."

Calliara laughed and looked back at him teasingly, kissing his chin. ''It's more than enough with yours...'' She purred.

"It is the Tower of mages. Nygozy likes the quality of their lyrium."

She lifted an eyebrow, amused. ''Then we all must taste it, I think. I can imagine Bowen drunk as a goat the very moment we arrive there''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:51 pm

Robert just sat on his horse a bit confused by what his companions were saying. He made sure none of them saw his confusion, to ensure they don't waste more time just sitting here. He was confused by the dwarf saying that they were all dead in his former group...which must be this Legion he was talking about. The dwarf definitely looked...alive, for a dead man. Could it be a manner of speech or something. He chalked it up to cultural differences and kept it at that.

But that wasn't all. Apparently the Wardens and company are heading to the Tower of Mages on Lake Calenhad. He originally thought Nygozy would be going to conscript some mages and/or templars to their group. But apparently their going for the lyrium, something that is not necessarily hard to find, and then they were expected to taste it. Robert decided to wait to ask that question, when they actually made some progress.
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:05 am

Garoll was cranky about having to ride a horse for the first time but he followed Drake's advice and clicked his tongue. The horse moved easily but Garoll bounced painfully in the saddle. He clapped a hand on Robert's shoulder. "Relax, boy. We won't eat you. Just stick with us and you'll make it out of this alive, alrigh'?" He grunted and then trotted off again.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:56 pm

(OC: Sneaky Calliara here. No one is going to continue? I'll be back in two days, people, come on, gimme something to work with when I'm at home again xD Miss you all XXXXXXX )
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:16 am

"I do not believe that lyrium would be the best for us..." He teased Calliara, brushing her hair back, "Any more than teasing Garoll about his ackwardness on a horse would be." He smirked at the Dwarf.

"Do not fret, young one. Nygozy would take our heads for a dragon toy if she found out we ever hurt a youth for no reason, especially when that youth had risked his own life to help her. I believe she is also going to look for possible new Wardens as well since she has been given that duty from the King himself."

He rubbed Calliara's shoulders as the horses marched at a light walk, determined to be as lazy as possible until Drake made a sound with his tongue. His own mare started to move a bit faster which caused the others to follow at the same pace.

"The youths we met yesterday are not far ahead of us but we will leave them to themselves for a while. So what kind of traveling games does everyone know? We could tell stories or count rocks." He looked serious but anyone could see the slight twinkle in his eyes.
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:40 am

Calliara purred softly when Drake brushed her hair, and smiled while looking at the road in front of them.

''Eye spy?'' She laughed. ''I don't know other kind of traveling games than that, because that's the only one Bowen and Gunnar can win. Telling stories would be nice, or singing like we did with Durbans when we went to Orzammar's market... I liked the dragon and the virgins song''

The Dalish chuckled, petting softly Fenrir's back as the pup was slowly falling asleep again on her lap. The day was cold and so was the wind, and she muttered. ''Is going to snow''

Not long after that she muttered again, singing very softly.

Heaven today is but a way
To a place I once called home.
Heart of a child, one final sigh
As another love goes cold.

Once my heart beats to the rhythm of the falling snow
blackened below.
The river now flows - a stream on molten virgin snow.

For the heart I'll never have,
For the child forever gone
The music flows because it longs
For the heart I once had.

Living today without a way
To understand the weight of the world.
Faded and torn, old and forlorn
My weak and hoping heart.

For the child, for the night
For the heart I once had
I believe and foresee
Everything I could ever be.

Time will not heal a dead boy's scars,
Time will kill.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:24 pm

(OOC: Sorry, I didn't realize it was my turn to post already. Well, here it is.)

Robert laughed under his breath as Garoll was mocked by his friend. They really seemed close, for a dwarf who is legally dead in his own country and a human. They couldn't have been traveling together for that long to be so comfortable with each other. Looks like a question for another time.

"I don't really know any traveling games. The last time I went traveling anywhere in a group was to Denerim...just prior to fighting the Darkspawn horde besieging the city," Robert replied. "It wasn't really a time for games."

Robert just looked down at his horse as he remembered his friends that died during the battle. Calliara's singing caught his attention. Robert didn't know what the song was, or the story behind it, but it felt sad. When she was over, he spoke up. "What song was that? I don't recall hearing it before."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:44 am

Garoll harrumphed as he lead the group onward. He bounced in the saddle and it was killing his loins, as he didn't know how to ride properly. He grunted, thankful that his armor offered some measure of protection from crushed groin injuries due to amateur riding. He tried to put up a face of dignity for this but the incessant bouncing was making him wince. He decided to run with it and just resigned himself to the hellish mount. "I thought you Fereldans hated riding anyway... Somethin' about it bein' an Orlesian thing ter do." He said over his shoulder to Rainard.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:13 am

Drake smiled as Calli sang then his normal, non expression contenance came over his features as he watched the sides to make sure all was going well. He was pleased with the day so far which meant that something must be coming from somewhere. Yes, paranoia was part of his life but it had served him well up to now.

Robert spoke and Drake listened. No that time going to Denerim was no time for travel games. That was for sure.

Then Garoll piped up and Drake chuckled, "The former rules do not apply when it comes to travel. It is true that few here do have horses but the King found that they are useful for getting from one place to another quicker. The general populace isn't as ..."

The fighter's eyes narrowed and his head turned, checking out the sides of the woods, "There is a whooshing sound off to the south of us." He said calmly.

((Have fun creating something for that if you like Very Happy ))
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:27 pm

"What song was that? I don't recall hearing it before."

Calliara smiled at Robert. ''It's a very ancient song, and it tells the tale of a brave elven soldier from the days of Arlathan, our land. During the war with the humans many of my people sacrificed everything they had to save their loved ones and their race, but they lost everything... their hearts, their emotions, the capacity to live like normal people with their families and the rest of their people and not like soldiers. Once you choose the path of the war there's hardly turning back. The warrior of my song cries because he won't find the love he lost when he left for the war, as he won't find his own innocence or the innocence of his children, never again, because he knows he won't return... and if he does, he won't be the same''

The Dalish calmly smiled and kissed Drake's arm softly, then stroked Fenrir's little back while looking at the front. Just seconds before Drake spoke, she suddenly tensed and a cold sweat covered her skin.

"There is a whooshing sound off to the south of us."

''Darkspawn. I can feel them. Just a few, but one is... ''

Thundering steps sounded way behind them, making the birds fly in fear, trying to escape. There was also a thunderous roar, and Calliara sighed.

''An ogre''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:19 am

"I...I see," Robert replied, feeling a little on edge about the belonging to the race of people that did said things to the elves. It also put him on edge knowing that despite the war he was in was against far more terrifying foes, he had come out pretty much the same in comparison to the elvish warrior. Perhaps it's true, about war being hell.

Drake suddenly something make a 'wooshing' sound just south of them. Quickly following his warning, Calliara commented on feeling the presence of Darkspawn and revealed that one was an ogre. Robert grabbed his bow and prepared to grab an arrow.

"Do we stay or go?" Robert asked anxiously. Robert wasn't sure how prepared he was for this. This time around he doesn't have much in the terms of help. How could four people really take on these darkspawn with a ogre in the mix?
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:08 am

Garoll was sighing until the ominous whooshing occurred nearby. He chuckled at the boy's nervous question. "You're in luck boy. We're about to go Darkspawn hunting with professionals." He grinned madly and hopped off the horse, landing painfully but he didn't let it show. Then he drew his longsword and beat up Legion shield. The Dwarf was seemingly not worried at all. Being a Legionnaire, he had fought Darkspawn for decades. Every day. This was as natural to him as breathing. He felt quite at home now. He grinned over at Drake. "Like old times, eh, Rainard?" He chuckled as he charged towards the Darkspawn he could smell being there. He was looking forward to fighting an Ogre again.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:02 pm

"War tears everything to shreds." Drake commented as he dismounted from the horse and landed on all fours. He stayed in what was much like a sprinter position as he lifted his head, looking at once like a dangerous predator ready to pounce.

''Darkspawn. I can feel them. Just a few, but one is... '' A roar preceded Calliara's next words and Drake grinned, ''An ogre''

"Do we stay or go?"

"We are rearguard. We stay. If these ones get past us they will call others to go after Nygozy's group and if that happens there will be much more to deal with."

"You're in luck boy. You're about to go Darkspawn hunting with professionals."

Drake stood slowly, removing two swords from their sheaths, gleaming dangerously in the light, "Garoll has been fighting Darkspawn for longer than you have been alive, Robert, and I have been fighting quite a while as well. Calliara is a Grey Warden and is quite astute when it comes to Darkspawn."

"Like old times, eh, Rainard?"

"Calliara, Robert, get into the trees and cover us." As he strode forward the fighter laughed, swirling his swords, "Aye ol' dead man. Let's make sure 'em beasties don't take your arm off. At least here we don't have to worry about being slammed into a rock wall now."
Drake
Drake
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:38 pm

Calliara dismounted and placed the puppy inside one of Drake's bags on his mare's saddle. The Dalish whispered soothing things to the little dog and kissed his head, and then whispered more things to the horses, who seemed to be listening to her carefully and finally continued the path

''Assan will lead them wile we deal with the unwelcomed visitors'' She said calmly, and prepared her long bow. ''I suggest Robert and I distract the ogre while you two, fearless warriors, deal with the few darkspawn that are with it. They are...''

The Dalish cocked her head to a side, eyes half closed and serious. ''Ten. More or less. Some of them are wounded, I smell blood and I feel their pain. Maybe they escaped from us when the horde tried to attack our camp. Robert, use that tree, if you like, it seems strong enough'' She pointed at one of the trees near the road, and she walked to the opposite one

''Drake, I would suggest Garoll and you avoid the big guy until the rest is dead or critically injured'' Calli whispered when she approached him while walking to the tree, and smiled softly ''Be careful, love, you were seriously hurt yesterday''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:01 am

With the overall consensus being fighting the darkspawn, Robert jumped off his horse and stood there, mentally preparing for what he was about to do. He couldn't mentally picture these few numbers holding off and beating the amount of darkspawn that Calliara claimed there was. But as Garoll said, there were professionals. Perhaps this is the kinda of stuff that help him actually determine if this path is right for him. What a better way can there be to clear any doubts in his mind?

"Yeah, that looks pretty good," he replied as the Redcliffe militiaman ran towards the tree. He tossed the bow up to the branch nearest his intended perch. He commenced climbing up the tree using his sword and dagger until he was able to get a hold of stable branches. He maneuvered himself on the largest branch and grabbed his bow, carefully slipping it off the end. Maintaining a crouching position, Robert nocked his first arrow and waited until the ogre was in sight.

"Hey, Calliara...How exactly did you know there were darkspawn around?"
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:35 am

[OOC: I'm replying although it's not my turn just because Razz I think it's better to solve the talking part before anyone begins with the fun]

"Hey, Calliara...How exactly did you know there were darkspawn around?"

Calliara's voice came from somewhere in the nearest trees, soft and calm.

''Because Grey Wardens can feel darkspawn if they are close enough. With close I don't mean a few meters, I mean... well, I don't think anyone really knows exactly how far. I know I can feel them further than other Grey Wardens, and I can feel them harder, and it's not pleasant. They stink and they are foul. Feeling them is an advantage because you're hardly surprised if they try to ambush you, and you can ambush them''

Knowing that she was speaking more than usual, she chuckled for herself and continued.

''Grey Warden's stuff, you know. It's hard to explain without letting you know things that you're not suppossed to know. Let's just say it's that way and that's the way it is. When the ogre arrives try to shot to his eyes, if we blind him he would be more dangerous but we have an opportunity if he begins punching his own companions. The back of his knees and the throat are good spots too, if we pierce his tendons and make him fall. I am sure you'll do it well''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:27 pm

Garoll was still running towards the Darkspawn he knew were nearby. He could smell their rancid stench from years of fighting them in the long darkness of the Deep Roads for many many years. Drake was right beside Garoll as they ran. "Aye ol' dead man. Let's make sure 'em beasties don't take your arm off. At least here we don't have to worry about being slammed into a rock wall now." He said and the Dwarf grinned in response. As Drake got some whispers in with Calliara, Garoll marched into the bushes, to be met with three Genlocks. He grinned as he brought up his battered shield, deflecting a blow from a Darkspawn sword, and whirled his sword around, chopping a leg off the Genlock behind him. He smashed the rim of the shield into the head of the single-legged Darkspawn, breaking its neck and killing it, and roared as he bullrushed the remaining one, flipping it over his head as it rode on his shield. At the same time he impaled it through its armor with his blade.

He heard the Ogre nearby and yearned to take it on, but he wasn't used to fighting on the surface. Still, it wasn't much different. "Come on ya pale skinned nug humpers! Ol' Garoll Stonebrach is here to take you back to the Stone!" He cackled as he threw himself into the midst of more Darkspawn.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next