Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Gareth Feres I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Gareth Feres I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Gareth Feres I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Gareth Feres I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Gareth Feres I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Gareth Feres I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Gareth Feres I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Gareth Feres I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Gareth Feres I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Gareth Feres

Go down

Gareth Feres Empty Gareth Feres

Post  Dragonis Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:13 pm

Character Name: Gareth Feres-Cousland
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Appearance: Full Body Image
Gareth is an average height, handsome man with a head of short, thick dark brown hair and a full beard on his jaw. His hazel eyes have a tendency to entrance females he flirts with, a skill he had developed as he grew older. He has an easy smile, and a strong body, and travels wearing his trademark Grey Iron Scale Mail. He wears a shield bearing the Heraldry of the Couslands, though he comes from Umoja and thus, is a member of the Feres family, they are still under the jurisdiction of the Couslands. Strapped over his shoulder is his Grey Iron family blade, bearing the seal of the Feres family on the pommel.

When he is not in full kit, he wears an embroidered purple tunic and brown trousers, with black boots.

Class: Warrior
Specializations: Champion/Guardian
Favored skills: Flirting, Picking up women, mild drinking

Hobbies: To be described in one word, Gareth is promiscuous. He holds no attachments to the women he had slept with, and views full relationships as restrictive to his free spirit. He tends to pub crawl, picking up barmaids when time permits and bringing them to his chambers with little more than a wink and some flirtatious words (or so the rumors say). He enjoyed playing with Fergus and Macha Cousland when they were children, but as they grew older, they saw less and less of Gareth as he had become more concerned with his aging parents' well being.

Background: Born and raised in Umoja, a small Arling next to Highever, Gareth was the son of Arlessa Jinian Feres, younger sister of Teyrna Eleanor Cousland. His parents managed the state of Umoja while Gareth grew up alongside his cousins, Fergus and Macha. As children, they would often play together within the walls of Highever whenever Gareth had visited with his family, forming an unbreakable bond between them. As the years passed, Gareth had grown to teenage when Fergus married Oriana and had Oren. It was at this point that Gareth's parents started to show signs of illness, but their constitution was strong enough that this illness was slow in building and didn't fully develop until he had reached manhood. Ever worried about his parents' health, Gareth took over as Arl of Umoja, which afforded him less time to spend with the Cousland family, as matters of state took precedence.

His parents were often exasperated by Gareth's antics as a womanizer, and never settling down to give them grandchildren. They pleaded with him constantly but his free spirit and fear of betrayal had hindered his finding a wife at every turn. Sure enough, arranged marriages were offered but Gareth turned them all down.

When Arl Rendon Howe betrayed the Cousland family and massacred those living in Highever Castle, Gareth was enraged and grief-stricken. He had loved his aunt and uncle, as well as his cousins so much that he grew bitter from the news. When he found out that both Fergus and Macha (and only them) had survived the attack, he regained some of his cheerfulness but the loss of Bryce, Eleanor, Oriana and Oren still plagued his mind and heart. During the Blight, Gareth had done all he could to help the war effort, having his miners supply Fereldans with Grey Iron. The loss of King Cailan and the subsequent Civil War had caused riots, half of the miners owed a lot to Loghain while the other half wanted to help Fereldan as a whole and not Loghain's ambitions.

When the riots were quelled, the Blight had ended and Umoja went back to living in peace.

Personality: On the surface, Gareth is quite promiscuous and can be a bad influence on others due to his loose attitude around women. However, in private he is a family man, and cares about his parents' well-being due to their illness. He is fond of his cousins and is apt to be protective of Macha as if she were his little sister. He has fierce loyalty to the Cousland line, and would do anything to protect it, thus deigning himself as a guard of sorts to his cousins now. He has a deep-seated fear of betrayal which was only magnified by the massacre of Highever. As much as he loves women, his free spirit and paranoia prevents him from pursuing a meaningful relationship, even though his family constantly tells him to settle down.

Weapons/Armor: Umoja Clan Sword (Grey Iron), Scale Mail Armor (Grey Iron), Cousland Guard Shield (Steel)
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down