Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Macha Cousland I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Macha Cousland I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Macha Cousland I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Macha Cousland I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Macha Cousland I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Macha Cousland I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Macha Cousland I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Macha Cousland I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Macha Cousland I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Macha Cousland

Go down

Macha Cousland Empty Macha Cousland

Post  Macha Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:54 pm

Character Name: Macha Cousland
Sex: Female
Race: Human Nobility

Class: Rogue
Specializations: Duelist; Honorary Legion of the Dead Scout
Favored skills: Fight Head-On

Hobbies: Reading, Fencing, Cleaning her Weapons

Background: Macha grew up very happily with her family at Highever. She and Fergus, her older brother, both trained in fencing and in some hand-to-hand combat, and both learned how to manage the estate of Highever. As she grew she proved that she would one day be a great warrior, though she was more expected to manage Highever, while Fergus was to be the 'family champion' as she called it. Still, she wasn't upset- she knew that one of them would have to take up a more active life, while the other would have to manage Highever, and she was far too happy at her home to mind much. She loved and got along with everyone- her mother, father, brother, sister-in-law, nephew, mabari... she even made a habit of knowing and talking to all of the servants in the castle.

All of that changed, of course, when Arl Rendon Howe betrayed her family's trust, resulting in the slaughter of everyone inside the castle. She (and her mabari Argos) only survived with the help of the Warden Duncan, who was present, luckily enough, to smuggle them out of the castle. For a while after that, Macha was bitter- more than bitter, she was insane with fury at her family's needless death. Slowly Duncan convinced her to come to Ostagar (where he was taking her anyway, so it hardly mattered) to become a Warden. With nothing else to to, and with the hope in her heart that, as a Warden, she would be able to bring Howe to justice, she agreed, and she and Argos were brought to the massive military camp of the King to become inducted into the Warden Order.

Macha took her oaths, and survived the Joining, with the dwarf Nygozy, and for a long time after that, she, the dwarf, and their companions traveled Ferelden after the massacre at Ostagar, trying to defeat the Blight. Unfortunately, Macha soon became utterly consumed with the desire for revenge against Howe, at the cost of acting rashly in battle and shirking her duties to the Wardens. Finally, after a particularly bad break of sanity which almost cost her her life, she and the others decided it would be best if she left for a time, to cool her head, and hopefully heal some of the festering wound left by Howe.

Macha took time in Orlais to come to terms with what happened to her family (though she still has not forgiven Howe, and never will), and trained some with the rather famed Warden Riordan. When it was rumored that the final battle with the Archdemon would take place soon, Macha returned to Ferelden with Riordan, just in time to fight in the final battle.

With the Archdemon dead, and finally reunited with her former companions, Macha decided to stay in Denerim to help rebuild, and to recruit for the Wardens, while Nygozy left to find Warden recruits elsewhere.

Personality: Macha is a noble, to be sure, with an abundance of manners and knowledge of the inner-workings of Ferelden's upper-classes and natural class and charisma. She carries herself with dignity, and has a quite wit, a good sense of humor, and a refined manner. However, she has always been much more a noble male than a noble female. She is polite and courteous to women, converses with men, manages the Teyrnir of Highever as well as if she was a noble son, and would rather practice fencing, or clean her armor, than search for a husband or sit about in fancy dresses. At an early age, it was obvious that she was going to be a warrior, and a good one, exhibiting an intense strain of the strict code of honor and chivalry that had been bred into every member of her family, whether male or female.

However, Macha's personality took a more cynical note after the murder of the Cousland family by the traitor Howe. Though still in possession of her ever cared-for honor and family code, she lessened in her naive idealism, and began to take a more street-wise approach to dealing with problems. While she is still helpless to the plight of others, and will come to the aid of everyone and anyone who asks for it, she knows that sometimes you need to fight dirty to keep toe-to-toe with the riff-raff of society, that bribes have to be paid, or skulls knocked together to get information, and she's more than happy to deliver someone their just deserts.

Besides her more cynical side, Macha has also developed something of a temper- a furious obsession with the death of her family, and the murderer responsible, Howe. Even though he's dead and buried, and his family's land has been given for the good of Ferelden, the simple mention of his name, or her family's slaughter, is enough to send her into a rage, which takes more than a calming word or slap on the face to get her out of. When she gets like that, it usually takes an intense fencing practice or outright fight to get her out of it.

Macha has particularly bad nightmares for a Warden, coupled as they are with memories of her family's murder, and the slaughter at Ostagar. Argos usually licks her awake when they get bad, though, so she keeps them under control.

Weapons/Armor: Cousland Family Sword (she will fight with no other sword), The Edge dagger (she sent away for it as a child), and the Shield of Highever (she rarely uses it, as a rogue, and keeps it mainly for sentimental purposes), with Wade's Superior Dragonskin Armor (she and Wade are tight) or Warden Commander Armor (though she's a rogue, she prefers heavy armor).

Appearance:

Macha Cousland Macha_Cousland__Lady_Knight_by_LLawlietYagami

Character Name: Argos
Sex: Male
Race: Mabari

Class: Warrior
Specializations: Mabari Skills
Favored skills: Biting and Tearing

Hobbies: Sleeping, Eating, Having his ears and tummy rubbed

Background: Argos was a puppy when he was given to Macha Cousland at the age of 12. She trained him personally to be a fierce fighter and loyal friend. He has followed her through every step of her journey, and doesn't plan on leaving her side any time soon.
Personality: Argos is a particularly dignified mabari, almost stoic, and never barks unless there is danger near. He is very loyal to, and very protective of, Macha, though he accepts the company of others, and protects those she considers to be her friends and family. He does love having his belly rubbed, however, and will gladly take food from anyone who will give it to him, willing or not.

Weapons/Armor: Various collars and kaddis
Appearance: Argos is a strong-set mabari, slightly taller and leaner than average for the breed, with a pitch-black coat and red kaddis markings.
Macha
Macha

Back to top Go down