Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Is it this time of the year again, already? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Is it this time of the year again, already? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Is it this time of the year again, already? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Is it this time of the year again, already? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Is it this time of the year again, already? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Is it this time of the year again, already? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Is it this time of the year again, already? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Is it this time of the year again, already? I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Is it this time of the year again, already? I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Is it this time of the year again, already?

4 posters

Go down

Is it this time of the year again, already? Empty Is it this time of the year again, already?

Post  Final Warrior Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:56 am

Is it this time of the year again, already? 5cl0f
Right, I'm flying across the entire Goddamn continent tomorrow (well, midnight my time, so it's closer to a day and a half from now) and spending a month away from Joyeuse, again, because apparently my family (or at least, my mother) absolutely, positively needs to see me for some unknown (probably sentimental) reason.

(It's either visit them for a month, or configure a way to have my mother visit me for an indeterminate amount of time. Neither choice is particularly palatable, but I at least have old friends that I could visit when I'm back on the east coast.)

I'll have Sauvagine with me, but no promises on how often I'll be free to put him to use (to be honest, I'll probably have plenty of free time, if past experiences are viable points of data - I basically sit around all day and do nothing on the Internet, and occasionally take a pair of tweezers to my legs when the opportunity arises); I know I'll be spending at least a couple of days, if not a week, at a friend's.

Probably will be doing this again come December.

Ugh, and Guild Wars 2 releases right at the ass-end of August, when I still won't be within reasonable proximity to Joyeuse, and I won't be getting back until basically right before the fall semester starts, which means I won't have time to play even after I'm reunited with my beloved.

This is the only secret: I hate traveling, for any reason.

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

http://www.innocentmachine.com

Back to top Go down

Is it this time of the year again, already? Empty Re: Is it this time of the year again, already?

Post  Dragonis Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Hrrrr, well I'm sure things will be fine eventually... Just try to relax and enjoy the time with your mum.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Is it this time of the year again, already? Empty Re: Is it this time of the year again, already?

Post  Final Warrior Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:01 pm

If past excursions are indicators of future expectations, then I will probably spend most of the time with friends and hardly any interacting with my family.

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:44 pm

Parents tend to feel inexplicable relieved when their offspring sleep under their roof, even if they don't see them for the whole day.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Dayam but that sucks. Is it because you don't get along with your mom or does she just ask you to come visit then ignore the crud out of you? My sister does that. Hi. Ignore ignore ignore. Uhm yeh I'll just go visit someone else thanks.

Missing GW2 opening? Shocked Fricken hell that's no fair! But but ... wah. I'd be an unhappy camper too. Yes, I'm that bad. No one will be rooting me from my desk on August 25th and they know it. That's incredibly unfair. Can't you get an earlier flight back? Run away!

I'll do my best to get some stuff running for you while your away if you say you are bored out of your mind plucking leg hairs.

*hugs* Keep up your strength. You'll need it.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:52 am

It's not that I don't get along with my mother, I just... don't really connect with her. She's sixty and change, and from the old country. I'm... not.

I'm gonna try and run GW2 on Sauvagine, but since he doesn't even have a discrete GPU, that's probably not going to end well.

Ah well. Guess I'll sit here for a while longer, waiting for my plane to arrive.

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:41 pm

I am safely in Maryland.

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:16 pm

*woot you're safe* *hugs*

Glad you are there in good shape. I know what it's like when you don't connect with someone. Not fun at all. Makes you feel a bit sad. Sad
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Good to know. Now try to have some fun and cuddle your mom
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:53 pm

Fun fact: I almost didn't make it! I flew from WA to TX, and from TX to MD. I was supposed to land in TX at 6:23PM (local) and board at 6:39PM (local), with the plane scheduled to depart at 7:24PM. Yeah, 17-62 minutes of layover.

Note that I said supposed to. My first flight ended up being late, and we landed in TX nine minutes behind schedule. Thankfully, the gate for my next flight was literally next to the gate for the plane I had just disembarked. Still, they were already doing boarding by the time I got off the ramp.

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:11 am

Flying is awful. My mother just arrived yesterday from England, but the day she left, they had to wait almost two hours because a godamn bird decided to crash against the turbine, so the flight was delayed until the bird was cleaned. Poor bird though
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Right, I've been back in WA since Saturday morning (i.e., two and a half days ago).

Of course, classes start up tomorrow, and I still need to deal with financial shit.

*Sigh*

I hate money.

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:15 pm

*hugs* Gads financial stuff is always a pain. Glad you are back safe and sound though!!!
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:50 pm

Yeah, I need to call up my dad and have him fill out a PLUS loan application. And I need to do some job application paperwork because I applied for (and apparently got accepted to be) a math tutor and grader at school.

Three hours of camping the Academic Support Center a week, plus four hours worth of papers to grade per week, on top of 18 credit-hours of classes (though, I think the only really difficult class I'm taking this semester is MAT300, since I had to drop everything over the summer due to illness) and whatever I decide to do for my GAM200 project (still undecided as to whether I want to have another go at a team game, or if I should just do an A* solo project).

As if I didn't already have negative free time before...

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down