Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Atticus Oswell I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Atticus Oswell I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Atticus Oswell I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Atticus Oswell I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Atticus Oswell I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Atticus Oswell I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Atticus Oswell I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Atticus Oswell I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Atticus Oswell I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Atticus Oswell

2 posters

Go down

Atticus Oswell Empty Atticus Oswell

Post  Dragonis Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Character Name: Atticus Oswell, Atticus the Bloody
Sex: Male
Race: Human

Class: Mage
Specializations: Blood Mage/Battle Mage
Favored skills: Asunder, Blood Boil

Hobbies: Serving the demon who controls him

Background: Once, a long time ago, Atticus was a simple merchant's son who lived in the Rivain, but one day he became something more. He was being attacked by some highwaymen while delivering goods to his father. Stricken with fear, he lashed out at them with an unknown power within him: magic. The muggers lay dead and flayed by winds he hardened into razor blades. Staring down at his hands, he realized how this could be used for good, and began to teach himself how to use them. However, he kept his abilities secret, never getting discovered by the Templars till much later in his youth.

When he turned twenty, he fell in love with a woman named Ingrid, who hailed from the Anderfels. She was a woman who had become a skilled sailor and merchant, so they often worked together on such trade missions. Unfortunately, one day Atticus' ship was attacked and he was knocked unconscious by the battle. Aboard the other ship was a group of Templars, transporting young mages to their Circle in Dairsmuid.

When he awoke, he was locked in a cell in the Tower. He tried to use his magic there, but Templars kept him in check. For the next few years he was forced to live in the Circle, and when the time came for his Harrowing, he was so wracked with longing for his Ingrid, that he made a pact with a Pride demon to see her face again, in exchange for the Demon to control him by command.

He was shown her face, but only for a minute. Then the demon had him. He had become a maleficar then, tearing himself out of the Harrowing Chamber and inevitably being one of the causes of the Rivaini Circle's annulment. He slaughtered his way out of the building, leaving shredded bodies and piles of blood and gore as he left.

So it was that he had stopped ageing, staying youthful but ever more bitter as he grew older. To make matters worse, the demon within him saw to it Ingrid had married his best friend, Antonio. Eventually, Atticus gave up and submitted to the Pride Demon's will, the both of them becoming a public enemy to the people of the Rivain.

Personality: Bitter from the years of service to the Pride Demon within him, Atticus is anti-social and full of rage. He has a short temper, prone to lashing out violently to passers by. Fundamentally, he's a good person, but a slave to the will of the one who controls him. Perhaps he could thaw out his frosty personality, given time and space, but the way he figures, he's too old to change his ways now.

Weapons/Armor: As a mage, and Rivaini to boot, Atticus tends to wear bold armor and clothes, with rich colors and shiny plates. He keeps a silver staff with a helix pattern to it, topped with a ruby gem.

Appearance: Atticus Oswell AticusAtticus Oswell AtticusDA2-1
Despite his actual age, Atticus appears to be a handsome youth, with dark skin and hair, but an unsettling red tint to his eyes, marking him as possessed by a demon. He is taller than average, standing at about 5'11", and has a strong, athletic build. He keeps a neat chinstrap beard, and has medium length hair to go with it.

Last edited by Dragonis on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Atticus Oswell Empty Re: Atticus Oswell

Post  Nygozy Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:09 pm

Accepted.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Atticus Oswell Empty Re: Atticus Oswell