Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Amarantha Argendrake I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Amarantha Argendrake I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Amarantha Argendrake I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Amarantha Argendrake I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Amarantha Argendrake I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Amarantha Argendrake I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Amarantha Argendrake I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Amarantha Argendrake I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Amarantha Argendrake I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Amarantha Argendrake

2 posters

Go down

Amarantha Argendrake Empty Amarantha Argendrake

Post  Amarantha Argendrake Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:53 am

Character Name: Amarantha Argendrake
Sex Gender: Female
Race: Human

Class: Pie Priestess Mage
Specializations: Cheesecake Cleric Spirit Healer, Battlemage-in-training
Favored Skills: Fireball, Arcane Bolt, Heal, Baking

Personality:
Amarantha Argendrake is, in a few words, alarmingly optimistic - almost cruelly so. She cannot but see all that which is right and beautiful with Thedas, for all the shadows that lurk in its darkness. Even worse, then, that this flower blossomed in the dour halls of Weisshaupt Fortress, surrounded by grey-faced Grey Wardens, where the blistering cold has tried its damnedest to freeze her heart solid and break it into a thousand glimmering shards.
Tried, and failed miserably, for Amarantha is true to her name, and is eternally hopeful and happy. That isn't to say that, simply because she believes in the wondrous innocence of the Maker's creation, she herself is wondrously innocent. She is that, absolutely - that and more - but behind her benevolent smile is an ascerbic wit more suited to a world-worn and weary matron, not a forever-youthful girl. Many a Grey has tried to match wits with her, only to find themselves shamed and tongue-lashed, for though Amarantha is an innocent little girl, she is entirely aware that she is an innocent little girl.
If there were even a single mean bone in her body, Amarantha would have easily been the one to doom all of Weisshaupt Fortress, given a few more years of worldly expereince. Unfortunately for the Grey of the Anderfels, the Maker is not so kind as to have forged Amarantha with even a single flaw; so, instead, she turns her smile, and her innocence, and her gentleness, and her graciousness, to making better the lives of those around her. Amarantha Argendrake is, in a few words, optimistically cruel - almost alarmingly so.

Hobbies:
Her greatest love is a secret.
Amarantha's second-greatest love, by a very narrow margin, is the fine, and nearly-lost, art of baking. Confectioneries are her second-geatest passion, and it is a sad day for her if she cannot spend at least the entire evening in a kitchen, with an apron, half-covered in flour, by an oven, creating something absolutely delectable. Or lethal, if she happens to be experimenting.
Her third-greatest passion is working the Fade, and tailoring magic. She has a healer's hands, but in the service of the Grey Wardens, those hands know more than a few things about harming; though Amarantha is somewhat unsure of, and mildly resitant to being taught the ways of a Battlemage, she has a natural aptitude for spellcasting, and a learner's curiosity.
Kittens are Amarantha's fifth-greatest passion, and dogs are around the eighth.

Background:
ひ ~ み ~ つ!

[Only time will tell my greatest secrets.]

Appearance:

• Hair color: Amaranth
  • Eye color: Silver-viridian
  • Skin color: Pale
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: It's impolite to ask!
  • Three Measures: えー?!これは恥ずかしいです!

With flaming locks of red hair - nearly the color of her namesake flowers - and silvery-viridian eyes, and pale skin like a figure's alabaster, and lips tha are not quite full, nor too thin, for they are always joyous, Amarantha would be a statuesque beauty, if she were shaped anything like a statue, or a beauty. But time has yet to be so kind to her (and cruel to men), and so she still retains a youthfulness of face and form - thin, but the thinness of her natural form, of hours spent in the kitchens baking and on the training fields magicking, not of malnourishment (for the Wardens do not allow for things like unfitfulness); elven in height - not quite tall enough to be qunari, but not quite short enough to be mistaken for dwarf.
But her one true fault, the one simple thing that makes her unsuitable and unfitting as a statue (beauty or not) is the grace with which she moves. Perhaps it is natural; perhaps it is so well-calculated that it just seems natural (but that would be abhorrently unnatural for something a mere girl of sixteen winters' passings to do); but there is a fluidity to her steps, a grace that is better described as graciousness, that does not seem to fit a mageling and kitchen-girl.
And yet, Amarantha moves through the world with benevolence in her step and on her face; deep green eyes that can only behold all that is right with this world; her lips curled into a faint, conspiratorial smile, as if she were privy to all your joys; crimson hair unbound and springing with every step.

Weapons/Armor:
Simple robes and a simple staff, with a simple dagger at her side, if worse comes to worst. Many pockets adorn and are hidden within Amarantha's mageling robes, in which she keeps a veritable infinitude of scrolls and texts and ingredients for her baking; and beneath even those simple robes she wears an apron, at all times, for there is always the chance that a baking must be done.
The staff has both utility and power, but mostly the former and little of the latter, for Amarantha is still young, and still in training, and she finds it more useful to have a walking aid when she must roam the steppes (in the company of a few good Wardens, of course, for who in their right mind would allow a still-blossoming flower into the unforgiving wilderness?).
The simple dagger is plain, and steel, with a wrap of leather cording around the grip, and unmarked but for the notches of use on it. Those notches are memorial, and the dagger itself is sentimental, though only the sentiments are Amarantha's.

"Do not then winde up that light
In ribands, and o'er-cloud in night,
Like the sun in's early ray;
But shake your head, and scatter day."

-- Richard Lovelace, "To Amarantha; That She Would Dishevell Her Hair"
Amarantha Argendrake
Amarantha Argendrake

Back to top Go down

Amarantha Argendrake Empty Re: Amarantha Argendrake

Post  Amarantha Argendrake Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:29 am

I kept my promise!

(Mostly.)
Amarantha Argendrake
Amarantha Argendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:19 pm

You kept your promise to whom?

Anyway, what I would like to know about is her actual background. Yes, she is pretty beyond a doubt with ginger footfalls and all the brightness that only rose coloured glasses gives one but I need to know more before I will accept this character.

1. How did she come to Weisshaupt Fortress?
Was she left on her own? Did her family die? Were her parents wardens?

2. How old was she when she came to Weisshapt Fortress?

3. When did she start learning her arts?

4. They have not made her a warden yet so why are they training her?

5. What kind of time does she have to train and bake?

6. When did she first go into the Fade?
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:24 pm

Thanks for the PM. Now I understand the character and she is accepted.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amarantha Argendrake Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:36 pm

n_n
Amarantha Argendrake
Amarantha Argendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content