Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Emil Reinhardt I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Emil Reinhardt I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Emil Reinhardt I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Emil Reinhardt I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Emil Reinhardt I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Emil Reinhardt I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Emil Reinhardt I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Emil Reinhardt I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Emil Reinhardt I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Emil Reinhardt

3 posters

Go down

Emil Reinhardt Empty Emil Reinhardt

Post  Swift_Assassin Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:11 pm

Emil Reinhardt Emil3
Emil Reinhardt EmilReinhardt
Emil Reinhardt EmilAvatar7
Character Name: Emil Reinhardt
Sex: Male
Race: Human

Class: Rogue
Specializations: Duelist
Favored skills: Sword and Shield, Beyond the Veil

Appearance: Emil has short brown hair and pale skin. His eyes are of an equally dark brown. Emil has bags under his eyes from his persistent insomnia, which seems to give him an air of being a much darker individual. His body is rather thin and of moderate built.

Hobbies: Taking on odds jobs, recording his hallucinations in a book, free running, dagger tossing.

Background: Emil was born into the prestigious Reinhardt family in the city state of Kirkwall. He was raised with all the advantages his family's rank could bring. He was the third of four children born into the family. Whereas his other siblings took to the their advantages quickly, Emil wasn't as appreciative of them. In a city like Kirkwall, he wanted something different.

As a youth, he took up the sword, but wanted something a bit different. He took up dueling with daggers, a skill not that common in Kirkwall. His father approved of the idea enough to hire an Orlesian Duelist to come to Kirkwall and be Emil's mentor. He took to it well, learning the basics in only a few months. His mentor stayed for a few more months to help Emil develop the physical skills he would require down the road as he perfected his dueling skills.

In his mid-teens, Emil found himself dueling his fellow Kirkwall youths in Hightown, and even traveling to Orlais to participate in a dueling competition. He excelled in his age group, coming in second in the competition. Upon returning to Kirkwall, his younger sister and him wandered into an alley which took them down into the docks district. There, he and his sister were attacked by a group of thugs. Armed only with a pair of daggers, Emil was forced into trying to protect the pair.

Unfortuitously, Emil was grabbed from behind and thrown into the water. He struggled to find a place to climb back up, but when he was free from the watery embrace, the thugs and his sister were gone. He ran all over the district looking for them, but no luck. Then he heard a sobbing noise and ran to find the one of the men violating his sister.

The image was burned into his retinas and he instinctively and expertly threw a dagger into the side of the mans throat. He ran over and held his blade towards the mans genitals, threatening to cut them off in he didn't answer his questions. However, he initial attack was too effective and the man died before an answer could be given. He covered up his sister and returned home. Fortunately, there were no lingering physical reminders of that night. But both would be scared from the experience.

From that night on, Emil would never be able to sleep more than a few hours, else nightmares of that night return. He developed insomnia and stayed up into the night, where he'd spend the time perfecting his abilities. His sister developed a fear of men outside the family, and never left the estate without accompaniment.

By his eighteenth birthday, his father requested that Emil find some outlet for that anger he seems to have. He had suggested he join the city guard and protect others. Emil had a different idea. He became a free lance mercenary. He had a negative opinion of the guard due to their lack of protection at the docks that night. He'd unleash anger on whoever would pay for it. Especially against the assorted gangs of the city.

Over the following years, he did occasional work for Meeran, Athenril, and the Coterie, as well as some bodyguard work for several different merchants and nobles. But he never lost any hatred towards the gangs. He would kill every last one, if the chance was given.

He managed to locate the gang responsible and slaughtered them, in a daring midnight raid on their base. One man escaped, and he made his presence known the following week. In response to the action against his lackeys, he snuck into the Reinhardt estate while Emil was away one another job. He attacked Emil's older brother Linus, who fled to find Emil. When Emil and Linus returned their eldest brother Alwin was stumbling out of the house with a cut along his throat. Linus caught Alwin and tended to him while Emil ran to find the man responsible.

He made his way through most of the estate until he came into his sisters room, where his father Albert was lying next to the door covered in his own blood. He kicked open the door to see his mother Lizbeth lying on the floor between his sister Marianne, and the sole survivor of his slaughter. As Emil reached for a throwing knife, the man's sword ran through Marianne. Emil dropped the knife and instinctly charged him. He tackled him through a nearby window. It was one thing to fall through a second story window, however it's another thing when the building has a staircase leading up to the front door. Falling from thirty feet in the air with the full weight of Emil on him almost ended the man's life. Emil stabbing him repeatedly afterwards would do the trick.

In one day, Emil's family was halved. After his eldest brother's recovery, he took on the tasks of their father. Linus had to arrange a suitable funeral for the Kirkwall elite. However, prior to both, Emil was cut out of the arrangements due to his own rage. A man from his duelist past came to town, an Orlesian noble. He mocked the death of Emil's family members and his inability to get the job done. He struck the man down in a fit of rage. He fled Kirkwall afterwards after returning to his senses.

He fled to Ferelden, since he believes he'd be wanted in both the Free Marches and Orlais.

Personality:Emil harbors a great deal of anger and hate towards the assorted gangs of the Kirkwall. The deaths of his family plagues him constantly and his lack of sleep is starting to get to him. He has extreme blood lust towards anyone that might try to take advantage of anyone else. Outside of his obsessive hate, Emil holds no true standing towards any of the other major problems in the world.

Weapons/Armor: Emil has a custom outfit consisting of a red jacket with fur lining, black pants and brown leather gloves. He has a blue and silver pauldron paired with a single blue and silver gauntlet for his left hand and blue and silver greaves. He uses a pair of daggers resembling those of Qunari design and has a seemingly infinite amount of throwing knives at his desposal.

Last edited by Swift_Assassin on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Emil Reinhardt Empty Re: Emil Reinhardt

Post  Dragonis Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Swift! You're back! Welcome home, buddy!

Also awesome character
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:29 pm

Nice. I'm looking forward to seeing him in action. Accepted.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum