Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
The Ashkaari I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
The Ashkaari I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
The Ashkaari I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
The Ashkaari I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
The Ashkaari I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
The Ashkaari I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
The Ashkaari I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
The Ashkaari I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
The Ashkaari I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

The Ashkaari

Go down

The Ashkaari Empty The Ashkaari

Post  Ashkaari Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:37 am

(I'm bringing him to Ferelden since it'd work better than DA2's at this point).

The Ashkaari HitB0

This is a commission from DrawAnon on DeviantArt; full deviation found here. Scroll down to see another drawing of the Ashkaari, by VictoriaDAEDRA.

Character Name: He is known by his title and role, Ashkaari. What would be considered a “name” is merely a string of genetic information kept by the tamassran for record-keeping.
Sex: Male
Race: Kossith (Qunari)

Class: N/A
Specializations: N/A
Favored skills: N/A

Hobbies: The Ashkaari enjoys fulfilling his role. Anything else is pointless.

Background:
The line of ashkaari from which he descends is a long one, dating all the way back to the prophet Koslun himself, and known only by the Tamassrans for record-keeping. He was expected to be as suited to the role he was bred for, and as such he turned out to be. As imekari he was taught the Qun, the way, the thinking, the belief of the Qunari people. The tests conducted by the tamassran confirmed him as inquisitive and intelligent, and at the age of 12, he was assigned his role and his tool, a pen. For years, he served in his given role, his duties keeping him in Par Vollen for a time before he was sent to Rivain, to examine the kabethari and the Qun converts residing there.

Recently, the Qunari had growing interest in the basra southern lands. A Tamassran had been sent south to Ferelden, as well as an arvaarad and his karataam of saarebas. But the Qunari wanted to know more. And so, the Ashkaari -- with his knowledge of the kabethari and his near-flawless Common -- was sent south along with a complement of Ben-Hassrath guards. It was not his role to interact on behalf of the Qunari with the basra, or to teach -- that was the job of the beresaad and the Tamassran, respectively -- merely his job was to seek wisdom. However, something went wrong on the roads of Ferelden: they were ambushed by several groups of Tal'Vashoth who feared the Ben'Hassrath were there to bring them back to the Qun, and the guards -- save a single one -- were slaughtered. The Ashkaari was wounded, but evaded capture, knocking out the Tal'Vashoth that held him. Wounded, he and his guard ran, and collapsed just outside Amaranthine. A family residing in Amaranthine pitied the poor "creatures" and took them in. The Ben-Hassrath guard did not make it, and the Ashkaari was alone among bas.

Personality:
Brought into being by the tamassrans, and taught that there is one life, one duty, the Ashkaari is adherent to the ways and beliefs of the Qun. His nature and his actions are as much a part of his role as his duties, and he is loathe to deviate from this path. His duty is to observe the ways of the bas, and to understand them in a pursuit of wisdom. There is a day that the Qunari will bring the Qun to these lands, but there is wisdom even in the deviant bas and some of what the Ashkaari discovers may be allowed to remain when that day comes.

It is for this reason that he is more comfortable among bas than most Qunari; what better way to discover and to learn than to interact with them? He does not fear their beliefs changing him, as he is certain he will never leave the certainty of the Qun. The Ashkaari is not easily intimidated or insulted. He's had a knife in his face a few times and has not given the wielder the satisfaction. And as such, he's not afraid of being in the middle of danger, though only if attacked would he fight, albeit in an unskilled manner as fighting is not his role.

Weapons/Armor:
His only gear is a special pen, considered to be his soul. Presently, it is in the possession of the Tal'Vashoth, meaning he cannot return to his people. For “armour” see his appearance.

Appearance:
Compared to the bulky soldiers that most bas are accustomed to seeing, the Ashkaari is thin -- which still makes him thicker than most humans -- yet tall, standing slightly over average for his race at eight feet three. He has an aquiline nose with a single mole upon the right side, and gentle, intelligent plum eyes. An older Qunari, he has long, elaborate horns that look heavier than they are, and an aged face. His stark-white hair falls freely down his back, a few locks down pulled between his hair and falling down his shoulders. He lets his white hair flow down his back, with a band upon its halfway point. A few locks trail down the side of his face in front of his horns.

The Ashkaari is usually bare-chested. He wears golden bands -- one on his upper left arm, and three on the lower, as well as another on his lower right arm. He wears black pants that gather at tall black boots, and over that, a leather "skirt of sorts" with a green cloth "belt" tied at the front, the ends trailing down. He carries a pack, which contains the wisdom he has gathered as well as varying supplies. The Ashkaari is never seen without his pen, a device which holds its own ink and is more elaborate than any pen ever seen in the Free Marches.

The Ashkaari 8Haks
This image is a collaboration between myself and VictoriaDAEDRA, and is a WIP.
Ashkaari
Ashkaari

Back to top Go down