Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Fading Out I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Fading Out I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Fading Out I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Fading Out I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Fading Out I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Fading Out I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Fading Out I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Fading Out I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Fading Out I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Fading Out

+6
Elenri
Tatsoo
Takara
Swift_Assassin
Kraven Shadow
Nygozy
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fading Out Empty Fading Out

Post  Nygozy Fri May 13, 2011 10:10 pm

Nygozy stood at the edge of camp watching as people were starting to rise. She already had most of her people out and getting everything going so now she could deal with the others who would be going into the fade.

"I know you are close by, Kraven." She said to the man's mind, "I take it you are working with Takara first?"
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fading Out Empty Re: Fading Out

Post  Kraven Shadow Fri May 13, 2011 10:21 pm

"I am always close by."

"I will be taking them all to a spot where the fade is weakest so that I can show them how to open a doorway. There is an ancient temple of one of the old gods carved into a mountain side not far from here. It was one of the few that survived when the rest were razed."

"It will take all of them to find the essences; all of them to survive. Any of them going at it alone would surely die a horrible and painful death."

Kraven reach out with his mind and gently touched the minds of the fellowship, asking them to rise and prepare to move out.

Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Fri May 13, 2011 10:45 pm

Wolfram's eyes rolled when he felt Kraven contact him. He had been up for the last hour, putting together a better protective outfit. His robes were given to him by Empress Celene, which if he had mentioned before, would probably harm Rakot's opinion of him even more. These robes were not meant for that.

This new outfit was more fit to this venture. Leather gloves, black coat and pants, armor protecting his entire right arm and knees, leather strap to fasten his staff to his back, a pack for his potions secured to one belt, with a knife secured to another belt. A pair of boots with armor protecting his toes. He'd be much better off in this outfit for this venture. The Orlesian robes were put into a little pack bearing his name, with a request for it to go with his staff to his new quarters, where ever that may be.

He left and gathered some supplies that he would need from the stores and waited for others to assemble.
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Takara Fri May 13, 2011 10:56 pm

Takara felt a touch on her mind and slowly opened her eyes. She wasn't quite sure how she knew, but it seemed it was time to go. Butterflies errupted in her stomach as she slid out of bed and dressed. She sat on the edge of the bed to put her boots on and then leaned over to place a kiss on Fremelda's forhead.

The mage picked up her new staff and wrapped her cloak about her to ward off the morning chill. She stopped at the main camp to pick up her small pack and whisper a quick farewell to a still groggy Khael.

Takara followed the mental tug and walked to where Kraven was waiting. "G... good morning." she said as she approached. "I h... hope I packed ok."
Takara
Takara

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Fri May 13, 2011 11:22 pm

((Coming from here: https://dragonageafter.forumotion.com/t366p30-moon-times-2-vk - a little messed up but meh))

"Oh silly!"
Tatsoo said to Shade as he mentioned about a moat and fortress and stuff like that making her grab his hand and pull him along, "We be goin to da fade first an travel in dere. Ye not remember or did de night, an mornin," She winked, "Take away ye memory. Mebee ah be pleased dat ah ken do dat to ya."

She laughed again as she grabbed his staff and bounced backwards, "Ye gotta catch me ta get yer staff back." The wilder woman then turned and began to run away towards where the others were probably getting assembled.
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sat May 14, 2011 1:23 am

Shade felt the touch of Kravens mind and smirked at Tatsoo as she took off with his staff. "Let me get dressed first my Honey dove I will be right there." He walked back into his tent looking into the pool of water has his new features. His eyes once golden yellow where solid silver with a shine to them his once red hair had white streaks and if he looked closer he could see more white pushing away the red. He dressed in his new blood red robes with matching boots and shirt. He was called the Red Son by the Elven woman so the Red Sun he would become. He had decided that would be his name amongst his kind he was Shade a dark shadow that moved from place to place but he was also the Red Sun the burning light of war and power.

Shade grabbed a haversack with potions in it and turned walking out staring at the sky. He could no longer feel the ancient power of destruction in his blood the voice urging him on was gone as well he was alone to make his own decisions and Judgments and make them he would. He smiled at his beloved and gave chase leaving the serious moments behind for now.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Sat May 14, 2011 7:18 pm

As Wolfram began heading to the the meeting place, he remembered he still had all of his documents on his person. Documents that Nygozy requested to be given over to their group. He returned to the stores and found an empty pack and put the documents inside, realizing for the first time how heavy they were. He closed the pack and put the label of the Gray Wardens on it, with another note indicating that they were for the commander's eyes only. Sure, they really weren't, but it hopefully kept added a level of secrecy to it.

As he walked away, he looked back. The only thing still on his person that had been his since he left Orlais was the dagger he kept on his hip, his Gray Warden amulet, and the vial of the archdemon blood. His robes, his staff, and even his confidential files were all left behind. He never figured he'd be parted from his possessions and leave the group as soon as he arrived, but nothing about this had been normal.

He took out the vial of blood and looked at it. He prepared himself for something that seemed almost suicidal. He popped upon the vial and drank the entire thing down. He paused for a bit, expecting pain. There was discomfort, for sure. But perhaps because he already carried the taint it wouldn't be as bad as if he was ten years younger drinking it. He closed the bottle and tossed it aside.

He headed back to the meeting place, where Kraven and Takara were standing. "I'm ready. Can you tell us just where we are heading? Are we still going to be in Ferelden, or are we going elsewhere?"
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraven Shadow Sat May 14, 2011 9:02 pm

"Good morning Takara, I hope you slept ok." He squeezed her shoulder reassuringly, "All you need is yourselves, and whatever food you can bring. However, Uthza will be able to give you nourishment when needed. Well, as long as we are on Thedas he can."

Kraven greeted Wolfram with a smile and quick nod, "If only it were that easy, my friend. The first place this journey will take us is into the heart of the Tevinter Imperium. That is where the essence of fire is located. After that, it will guide us to the next."

"First off, we need to get to a place where the veil has a weak point, so that you may cross over. Once there I will send Lobo with you so that I can keep in constant touch. He has.....acquired.....some items that will allow me to communicate with you while you are there."

"The closest place is one of the few remaining temples of the Old Gods. Inside there is a gateway room; a room that was used to directly communicated with the gods and even travel the fade if necessary."

"Unfortunately, my power is weakest in those places of worship. I will be reduced to the power of mere mortals, no offense of course." he said as he winked at the two.

Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Sat May 14, 2011 9:34 pm

((Brief Fremelda Cameo is brief))

Fremelda and Takara had spent the entire night together after the girl came back from the ritual as a means of saying goodbye. Fremelda made sure she was extra gentle with Takara and when Takara woke up the next morning, Fremelda was already awake and just watching her. A kiss planted on the red headed assassin's forehead brought a small smile to her lips. "Come back safely and do try to have fun, dear. I'm sure you'll do great." she said and propped her head up on her elbow as she watched the mage dress and leave. Then she sighed to herself and fell back asleep.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun May 15, 2011 2:26 pm

"I am always close by."

"I will be taking them all to a spot where the fade is weakest so that I can show them how to open a doorway. There is an ancient temple of one of the old gods carved into a mountain side not far from here. It was one of the few that survived when the rest were razed."

"It will take all of them to find the essences; all of them to survive. Any of them going at it alone would surely die a horrible and painful death."

Nygozy smiled as she walked towards where she felt Kraven was but she did not move quickly. She wanted to give everyone the chance to meet up there before she showed up.

"It is good to know that I will have an advisor who will help me with fade and Elvhen issues. I will not be coming with you for this trip but I wish to give you a send off and say farewell to my people. With luck they will be able to return unscathed. The ones chosen are not the type to abandon each other so at least that part is covered. I am glad that Wolfram will be going along with them. Having more than one experienced mage should be a boon to them."

She continued to walk slowly, not hiding in the shadows but walking openly so she could speak with any who needed to talk to her.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Sun May 15, 2011 3:58 pm

Kassina woke to a mental tug from Kraven. She shook her head and snuggled closer into the warm body beside her. Eventually she couldn't ignore it anymore and she growled and rolled over,

"Should go. No wanna." She grumbled to Dartmoor as she got up and began to get ready.
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Kassina Sun May 15, 2011 6:20 pm

"Yes. Go to.. togedder. That good." Kassina said with a smile as Dartmoor nuzzled and kissed her. She sighed as he let go and finished putting on her armour. She picked up her small battered travel pack and took Dartmoor's hand.

As they walked to the meeting place Kassina paused for a minute to look back at the still sleeping camp. She wondered how long it would be until she saw her pack, or the rest of the warden pack, again. She would miss them all, but this was something she had to do. And at least Dartmoor would be with her.

She looked over at Dartmoor, smiled, and began walking once more.
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Takara Sun May 15, 2011 6:26 pm

"Y... yes, I slept ok." Takara said, turning slightly red thinking about all she had been doing before sleeping. "I... I didn't br... bring any food. W.. will we stop to get some?" She asked, looking up at Kraven.

Takara fidled nervously with her staff as she waited for the others to arrive. She had heard that Tatsoo was a fine leatherworker. Perhaps the woman could fashion some sort of carrier for her like she had seen on other mages.

"G.. good Morning." She said to Wolfram with a wave as he approached. "N.. nice armour."
Takara
Takara

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Sun May 15, 2011 7:06 pm

"Thanks, Takara. I just have to hope that it'll help me protect you and others when trouble strikes." Wolfram replied, with a slight smile. He didn't know just what kind of trouble or if this armor was protective enough. Stuff like that is a trial by fire sort of thing. In fact, all of them have to go through a trial by fire, in one case it's actually literal in a sense.

Tevinter. That may be a great challenge. So many temptations for mages there. Innocent Takara could be corrupted by the promises of power for mages. 'Purified' Shade could realize his own hatred and loathing and attack the Imperium. Even Wolfram may feel inclined to try to take over the Imperium and then Thedas. It's only fitting to be the home to the first element.

"I wonder what's taking the others so long."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tatsoo Sun May 15, 2011 10:38 pm

Tatsoo laughed as she ran, going towards where the others were and skidded around Wolfram then off towards Kraven whom she hid behind and stuck her tongue out at Shade, "Ah win! Ye be not as fast in yer Elvhen form. Mebee ken beat me in were but dat not like dis."

She was excited to have won the race and was grinning widely until she realized exactly whom she'd used as a winning point. Once she noticed that she bit her bottom lip and looked up at Kraven with timid eyes as if to say, "Oops."

"Uh ... gu mornin, Kraven. Ahm here fer de miss shon dat we be going on, ser."
Tatsoo
Tatsoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sun May 15, 2011 10:45 pm

Shade smiled walking into the clearing after his beloved and laughed when she hid behind Kraven. "Well Master seems your the Winning spot guess I lose." He moved quickly and took his staff back and pulled Tatsoo away as he stared at the group giving a warm smile to Takara. "I am sorry Lady I never got your name but I thank you for healing me I was too shocked to thank you properly earlier." His voice was calm not like the voice of rage just under the surface before.

He nodded to Wolfram then to the others who arrived and stood quietly off to the side leaning on his staff he looked better but he was fatigued not having realized how big a part his dragon side had played in his life he felt older. He stood next to Tatsoo instead of behind her like he use too his face blank and his body as straight as a arrow and full of confidence in the coming ordeals. "Master Kraven is there anything you can give me some knowledge or wisdom to help me protect my allies while in the Fade? As you said I am limited by what i know of our natural magic and that is not much."
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Takara Sun May 15, 2011 10:57 pm

"W... we will all pr... protect eachother." Takara said in response to Wolfram. "And once I l... learn to use th.. this thing better, I c.. can always patch you up." she said with a hint of a smile.

The mage giggled to herself as Tatsoo and Shade came tearing into the clearing playing some sort of game. She hoped she would lose her nervousness enough to be like that one day. They seemed to be having a lot of fun.

I.. I'm Takara. she replied as the redheaded mage spoke to her. "N... no need to th.. thank me. I w.. would never leave anyone w... who needed help."
Takara
Takara

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraven Shadow Mon May 16, 2011 8:54 am

He smiled at Tatsoo, "Good morning child. Slept well I hope."

"You must all work as a group to protect each other, Just like Takara said. If the group tries to rely on just one person for protection, then there is no way any of you can survive."

"You must all watch out for each other, you must all keep each other safe."

He looked at Shade and realized how much the transformation had effected him, "Uthza will be able to part any knowledge on you about the fade. You went through your harrowing; expect more than just that. The harrowing is a controlled fade experience; and only a mental one. You will be physically entering the fade; something that most humans never get to do in their life time. But you can cross greater distances in a shorter period of time than you can in this realm. That, and time is different, you can be in there for days, while only hours will pass here."

Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Mon May 16, 2011 9:19 am

Shade nodded without question and looked at Tatsoo. "Whatever happens stay with me I will keep you safe I promise." He turned his face away as the tiredness appeared in his eyes he forced it away turning back to face the group. "We are all here the chosen four and the tag along pair. Where is master Uthza and should we not be leaving soon?"

His silver eyes turned to look back at Kraven and nodded his head signaling he trusted in his masters words as he awaited the next step in his journey glad it wasn't time to part from his beloved yet.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Mon May 16, 2011 10:52 pm

"Sorry, but as the senior Warden, and the oldest non-god or master mage in the group, I feel inclined to put your protection over my own. Besides Uthza, I'm the most skilled member and I wouldn't be putting those skills to justice if I can't protect you." Wolfram replied.

"Tag-along pair? You say that like we aren't needed to help them. Granted, you aren't much of a help in your current state, they'll need all the help they can get. Especially since we're heading to Tevinter." Wolfram said in responce to Shade. "And provided I'm not mistaken, we may have a temporary companion when in the fade. A probably untrustworthy companion, but that's just another body between the demons and us."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraven Shadow Tue May 17, 2011 12:02 am

Nygozy wrote:
Nygozy smiled as she walked towards where she felt Kraven was but she did not move quickly. She wanted to give everyone the chance to meet up there before she showed up.

"It is good to know that I will have an advisor who will help me with fade and Elvhen issues. I will not be coming with you for this trip but I wish to give you a send off and say farewell to my people. With luck they will be able to return unscathed. The ones chosen are not the type to abandon each other so at least that part is covered. I am glad that Wolfram will be going along with them. Having more than one experienced mage should be a boon to them."

She continued to walk slowly, not hiding in the shadows but walking openly so she could speak with any who needed to talk to her.

"I will always be around to advise you in anyway that you may need. You were not meant to come on this quest Paragon. If you were to become absence from your troops, someone may come and snatch them up. You know there are forces at work against you; even ones within the Grey Wardens. It may be up to you to prove that that the Wardens are a force that can be counted on in a time of need and not a whining brat that it has become."

"Uthza, he is only there to instruct and train; it will be up to Wolfram to lead. I know that he will protect them as he would any other Wardens underneath him. "
Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Tue May 17, 2011 12:42 am

Shade looked at Wolfram and shrugged. "We are here by circumstances not because we were chosen I have accepted that as should you. We are Tag alongs you and I we are not important to this journey only the four chosen we have been allowed to go as a Boon. It is up to us as a whole to keep each other safe it shall not fall to just one and if it does then we have failed and we all die. I am not much right now but I think i could be of some help in the Fade do not ask why I just feel it."

He kept his silver eyes focused on Kraven as he spoke. "Master is there anything else we should know before venturing forth? I have heard things of the Fade they bring out what is hidden show who is what truly is. We could enter and massacre each other. Sounds interesting but we will meet foes of power if we go where you say a place of power then a Guardian should be there."
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraven Shadow Tue May 17, 2011 2:02 pm

"Yes Wolfram, Lobo will be going with you. He can be trusted, do not worry. He has not failed me, nor do I think he ever shall."

Kraven arched an eyebrow as he looked at Shade out of the corner of his eye, "Tag a long? No one is here unless they were chosen to be. If you think otherwise, then maybe it is you who should not be going. However you are correct in saying that you are not as you once were. You had been given powers that were beyond your control. They were given to you out of Malice; Flemeth is not a creature you should trust by any accounts."

Kraven shook his head, "No shade, the fade holds many temptations, that is all. You are all going in their physically, it is not the same as if it was just your mind. There have been very few people that have been physically inside the fade; the first were the Teviter Magisters. You have heard that story before; they entered the fade and corrupted the Makers house, thus becoming darkspawn. Or, that is how the story goes. No one truly knows for sure; it has even been kept from me."

"Of course you have to be careful in the fade, any mage who can cast the simplest spell knows that", he shook his head as he chuckled. "But, if you all work together then I am sure you will do just fine. Wolfram knows the temptations and dangers of the fade better than anyone here; besides myself and Master Uthza. Follow his lead and you will do fine. And because of his experience in such matters, he will be in charge if anything is to happen to Uthza."

He pointed a finger at Shade, "Understood, apprentice?"

Kraven nodded, "Yes, the temple of the old gods. I am sure there will be troubles in there we will have to face, but face them together and I am sure we will prevail."
Kraven Shadow
Kraven Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Tue May 17, 2011 2:28 pm

"Kraven is correct, Shade. Both Wolfram and yourself have been chosen to go on this task. It was no fluke or happenstance which made this happen. Kraven and I have had extensive discussions regarding this matter." Nygozy came into the clearing and gave each person there a nod of respect and a proud look, "Training of your abilities is required which means that you must be with your teachers for this to happen. Do not become too cocky though. Entering the Fade is never a simple matter and being there may attract those who wish to use you. Every person in this expedition will be at risk to be tested in some way."

She looked to Wolfram with a smile. The man had proven himself to be loyal to her several times in short order, "Wolfram is going with you because he is a talented mage and he is also a senior Grey Warden. Do not forget this as he will be your commanding officer in this while Kraven is not present. That means all of you are under his command, by mine and Kraven's decissions. You will listen to im as you would myself or Kraven. Is this clear? If there is any dissention to this then he has the right to dismiss you and have you returned to my care."

Nygozy turned her attention to everyone in turn, "Remember to stand together. Remember to all come back safe with wonderful campfire stories to tell me. There are supplies behind that bush for all of you. And Wolfram. .. Jezarine said you better come back with lots of stuff for you two to study or she will be sad. If you don't then you will regret it as she is devastating with those puppy dog eyes.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Tue May 17, 2011 8:20 pm

"I was referring to someone else, Kraven. You could call her a she, based on her form, but she is just another one of the dangers of the Fade. She was the demon responsible for my blood magic. I wouldn't trust her as far as I can throw her." Wolfram replied.

Wolfram was a bit relieved to here that he was in charge of the group. He was also relieved that none of them were berserkers. Berserkers can't seem to hear him. And they have a hard time being stopped by his magic when they need to be stopped.

"I'd be devastated if I failed to bring back some stuff. I mean, with a starting point of Tevinter, it would be unlikely that I wouldn't find anything."
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum