Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Arrangements VK I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Arrangements VK I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Arrangements VK I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Arrangements VK I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Arrangements VK I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Arrangements VK I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Arrangements VK I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Arrangements VK I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Arrangements VK I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Arrangements VK

+13
Dragonis
Drake
Torture
Elenri
Rakot Hemlin
Ostef Ziker
UncleVanya
AlistairTheirin
Macha
Final Warrior
Calliara
Kai
Nygozy
17 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Arrangements VK Empty Arrangements VK

Post  Nygozy Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:53 pm

Morning came and there were many people sleeping off the party from the night before. One of these people was not Nygozy as she had stayed away from the party and spent the night before doing other things, including wrapping her mind around everything that was going on.

Griffinhart had been guarding her tent and even though he was rather reclusive about it and did not seem to be taking much note, Nygozy knew exactly what he was doing. It was probably Calliara who had set him up to be the guard and she admitted that he was the best for a job like that. Kai was the best to watch her within and Griffinhart the best on the outside.

She started to dress so as to be ready for guests as she had made a wolf call for Calliara to gather up Macha, and Alistair if she could find him, to come for a meeting. Her eyes turned back to the cot and tickled Kai's toes, "Don't tell me you are worn out, bodyguard. Were you getting up or did you want to fade out in bed? You do know you will really peeve off Alistair if he notices."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arrangements VK Empty Re: Arrangements VK

Post  Kai Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:07 pm

Kai growled as his toes were tickled. Why did it always have to be morning and time to deal with more people? Especially that bratty king? "What if I don't want to share you today?" He grumbled under his breath.

Suddenly he shot up, wrapped his arms around the little dwarf and pulled her back onto the cot. He kept an ear out for the approach of others as he held her close and smothered her with kisses for a few moments.

He looked down at her with a giant grin then ruffled her hair and slipped out of bed quickly so she couldn't swat him for it. Reluctantly he began to dress knowing his cousin would not dally in answering the hero's call.

Once he was dressed and armed he knelt down infront of Nygozy, wrapped his arms around her and gave her belly a kiss. "Are you going to tell everyone about little hero junior or do I need to keep the stupid grin off my face?"
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:13 pm

The Wolf was another person that hadn't slept even for a minute. While everyone, or almost everyone, was at the party, she had spent her time going from one watch post to another, counting the supplies in the aravels, speaking to the wolves and checking every now and then how the others were having fun.

So, when Nygozy called, the wolf call found the Dalish watching over the sleeping cubs. She had to meet Rakot and Ostef before their departure with Drake though, but she immediately washed her face a bit and then went to find Macha.

Calliara tried to wake her up gently, just pressing her shoulder and whispering to her ear, then went to fin Alistair and did the same, even if she wanted to strangle him right there and right then.

Then she left for Nygozy's tent, nodding to Griffinhart when she passed by and telling him that Macha and Alistair had been summoned by the Commander, so they had permission to enter the tent.

Instead of entering, she stopped just outside, and touched the flap lightly, just to move it a bit.

''Knock, knock'' Calliara said, her voice sounding a bit tired, but firm and calm as always
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:26 pm

Before she could reply to his question he had pulled her back onto the cot and she laughed just before he kissed her silly. The elf was having fun grinning at her and then ruffling her hair, making her smirk at him then turn onto her side as he escaped her wrath.

It was amusing when he was in such a good mood and it made her happier that he was. With that thought she rolled out of bed and got back to finishing getting dressed, "Actually, yes, I do need to make the announcement to everyone today. It is better that I get the rumours dealt with right away. That will be done after this meeting and then, I'm yours for the rest of the day."

She turned to look at the flaps of the tent and sighed, finishing putting on her top, "Come on in, Calli."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:31 pm

In his head Kai was mocking himself for acting like a silly foolish child, but he just coudln't stop himself. He was sure that soon the true reality of the situation and all the trouble that came with it would hit him, but right now he was extremely happy.

As he heard his cousin approach and scratch at the tent flap he rose and placed a quick kiss on the top of Nygozy's head. The assassin went to take up his usual place behind Nygozy but he didn't fade into the shadows as he normally did. He did try to get his emotions under control enough to at least get most of the silly grin off his face.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:44 pm

Calliara stepped into the tent when she was called, covering her eyes with her hand and with an amused grin. ''I could have waited outside, you know. Now tell me if you two are full dressed or I'll be scarred for life...''

The Wolf finally smirked and lowered her hand, smiling as warmly as she could in her tired state. ''How are you feeling, Nyggy?''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:51 pm

Griffinhart wondered, briefly, if only for a moment, if only for an instant, just how little sleep everyone could get by on. Could fight on. He knew the old aches in his bones - they were the closest things he had to friends. But he knew also that such familiarity bred complacency, and he could not afford to become complacent; and so, without ignoring the pain in his stiff limbs, the warrior stretched, arching his back and letting the symphony of joints play their cracking, popping melody.

As Calliara passed him by, the soldier heard her words and took tally, nodding as he did so. There would - should - could - only be three people in Nygozy's tent, and they were all on the "guest list". He mentally added two more bodies - the Ferelden King and Macha - but they would only be temporary; until the Warden-Commander had done with them as she needed.

It was a quiet morning, then, and easy orders. Griffinhart did not expect either the quiet or the ease to last.

Last edited by Final Warrior on Sun May 01, 2011 11:47 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Previously...)
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

http://www.innocentmachine.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:23 pm

"We are dressed just fine, funny Wolf." Nygozy teased back as she gave her friend a hug, "And I'm doing well if a bit queasy. I suppose this has been the reason that I haven't been feeling all that well lately. Here I thought it was just stress."

She chuckled.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:33 pm

A female wolf slowly approached the tent that the white wolf's scent was coming from. She saw the big man outside guarding and was put on edge by his scent. She chose to deliver her message from safely outside the tent.

The wolf sat down and barked that a warden human and two cubs were being guided into camp and the cubs needed food and rest. The wolf waited nervously for a reply.

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:43 pm

Suddenly Calliara kneeled on the ground and hugged Nygozy, not so hard, but firm. ''I can't explain how happy I am for you, and how envious at the same time. But I am very, very happy for you''

The Wolf stood again, smiling, and winked at her cousin. She knew that Kai didn't liked physical contact unless it was from Nygozy, and even if she wanted to hug him as she had done so many times when he was just a kid, she restrained herself.

''Do you want me to tell you what I've done in camp or do you have any other ideas?''

Then a young female wolf called from outside the tent. Calliara looked aside, listening, and when she was informed she answered with some short barks that she was on the way and that Kassina may stop approaching with them until she met them. Calliara also added that she would bring food for the cubs.

Then, she looked at Nygozy again.

''It seems we have company and I want to know who are they before letting them into camp, Warden or not. Do you wish to speak now with me or do you wish that I take charge on this before that?''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:00 pm

Kai grinned at his cousin as she winked at him. "I bet Aunty Cal can't wait to have another cub to spoil." He was glad she was taking the news well. He knew that she and Duncan had tried for children and he had been afraid jelousy would cloud the happyness. He should have known better than to worry of course, his cousin was a level headed woman if ever there was one.

He could see her desire to hug him and was greatful she did not. He did suprise her, and himself by reaching out and giving her shoulder a brief squeeze before he backed up further into the shadows.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:07 pm

Calliara laughed. ''Of course I want another cub! And a baby! That would be...'' Her expression changed when Kai reached out and squeezed her shoulder, and for a moment she had no words.

Then she smiled again and nodded, looking at Nygozy again. ''Forgive me, Commander, but I need to go and check those children that suppossed Warden takes with him. I promise I'll be back shortly, but, but, really, I need to go and get them''

And without more words the Wolf rushed outside to get some blankets and food, just thinking in those children starving or cold, worried as if they were her own
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:26 pm

Nygozy waited then smiled at the Wolf, "Go take care of them. I will terrorize you guard for a few minutes first then."

As Calliara left she kept the flap open, "Griffinhart. Come on in. I have yet had a chance to speak with you since traveling to here."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Macha Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:39 pm

Macha roused slowly from her tent, coaxed by a gentle shake and word. She turned over, her living pillow a la Argos moving with her as both opened their eyes. The tent skin blocked out the sun that was only just rising, but by the time her eyes had adjusted, her mysterious wake-up caller had vanished. She sat up and stretched her arms over her head, and then looked down at Argos.

They'd both gotten to sleep only two or so hours ago, which was fine on a normal night, but after traveling and setting up the camp, she felt more than a little groggy. No matter - she'd be fully awake any moment now. The question, was, what had she been woken for?

Ah, that's right. Now that she was awake, she could remember the words that had been whispered into her ear just a few moments ago - Nygozy's tent. Well, that was all the instruction she needed, really. Argos stepped out of the tent so that she'd have room to put her leggings and boots on, and a few moments later, she was as ready to go as she'd ever be.

Nygozy's tent had been moved the other night, so it was further from hers than usual, but it still only took her the span of a few moments to reach it. She glanced at Griffinhart standing guard outside like a stony gargoyle, and nodded a morning greeting to him. The man might have seemed . . . odd, but he was a phenomenal warrior, and that was all that really mattered in her mind. She moved to pass him, but just as she did, Calliara came out of the tent. Macha stopped to let her go by, nodding with a small smile to the elven Warden. "You look tired, Calliara," she said, a hint of concern entering into her voice. "Didn't someone come to take your shift last night?"
Macha
Macha

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:18 pm

Griffinhart sidled past the conversation between Macha and Calliara, somehow managing to duck his frame into the tent, past the two women without disturbing either. He stood at attention before Nygozy and her retainer, Kai, saluting. Aware of the bone-deep soreness, of his lost sleep. Regarding it, and left it disregarded. It could wait. He could wait.

"Warden-Commander."
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:28 pm

"We were to speak the first day we arrived here." She said as the other two women met just outside the tent, "There is some time before Calliara returns and it probably will still be a bit of time before Alistair shows up."

She waited a moment then continued, "You may speak as you will, candidly if you wish, and I would like to know how everything is coming along."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:50 pm

And so, Griffinhart gathered his thoughts, redirecting them to recalling the moments when he had words to speak; and he spoke.

"The acting out of your men earlier yesterday do not engender confidence in anyone. Warden-Commander, those were acts of betrayal. They betrayed each other and they betrayed you.

"I do not know the full details of what happened; but I saw the battle at its climax, and as it came to its conclusion. There is a lack of familiarity and trust among your troops. That is fine; however, your soldiers must have absolute loyalty to you and your cause, and nothing else before you and your cause.

"They lack discipline, Commander. They are willing to kill each other? They must kill for you and only you, and only at your order. Anything less, anything more, and they are a danger to each other, to you, to your cause, and to the cause of the Grey."

It was probably the most he had spoken to anyone, least of all Nygozy, since the Warden-Commander had interviewed him in Denerim.
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:29 pm

This was one of the reasons to choose Griffinhart as an advisor. He said exactly what he meant and did not add anything not required. As he spoke she did not react or show any expression to what he said. Only after Griffinhart spoke did she make any move or reaction.

"There was betrayal, that is true, as they did as they pleased without thought to anything but their own wants. Rakot is not a team player except when it comes to Ostef and even then it is more of an aggressive match up. That man is best wielded by giving him a bloody direction where there is nothing between him and the quarry."

She shook her head and sighed, "You are correct. He will never be one who will fight for me or for the wardens. He will fight in order to kill something and it does not matter the target or if anything gets between him and the kill. Due to this the two have been assigned to Drake."

The woman shrugged, "Ostef is the type who is a follower. If he were not with Rakot then he would be a team player but he and Rakot do make a good team. The problem is that it would be more detrimental to try to break the team up than to leave them working together."

As she had requested that he speak as he would, she waited for his thoughts upon what she had said. His impartial advice would be looked at and heeded.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun May 01, 2011 4:54 am

Calliara stopped just for a moment with Macha to greet her. ''Good morning, Macha. Taking my shift? What's that?'' The Wolf smiled, tired and all. ''No, everyone was partying excepting Bowen and Gunnar in the end, they went to their watch posts, and I've been awaken the whole night checking things and on watch as well. Now I'm going to meet a stranger with two children that are approaching camp, the wolves had told me. I'll be back shortly, Nygozy is waiting for you, but I think she is speaking with Griffinhart first''

She squeezed her shoulder lightly, and then she was gone to collect some blankets and food.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlistairTheirin Sun May 01, 2011 9:55 am

Alistair turned in his sleep, and vaguely heard someone say something along the lines of 'Nygpzy's Tent' before going off again. He laid there with his eyes closed a moment before those words really sunk in, and then he sprung up, blinking. E-eh? What was that about Nygozy's tent? He moved the flap of his own tent back, and just caught sight of a disappearing Calliara. Was he needed for something? He got up quickly, and dressed in a plain tunic and pants with as much speed as he could, and then hurried for where Nygozy's tent had been moved a day earlier.

When he got there, he saw Macha and Calliara talking outside, and that Griffin-whatever fellow was nowhere to be seen. The man usually watched like a hawk, so he could only suppose he was either inside speaking to Josie, or he'd been sent off to do some errand or other. He slowed his pace as he came up to where Calli and Macha were, and offered each a shaky smile - they were both some of his closest friends, and he'd never be anywhere without either of them, especially Macha, but both of them were kind of . . . mad at him right now, so he wasn't sure how they'd react to him.

"Um . . . was I called?" He asked, figuring that was pretty safe. "Or did I just dream someone telling me to come here? I mean, I do that all the time - it's not like you should be worried that I'm suddenly dreaming of people telling me to go places."
AlistairTheirin
AlistairTheirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Macha Sun May 01, 2011 10:06 am

Macha laughed a little, and smiled wrly at Calliara. "It's that thing that lets you get sleep, and deprives someone else of it," she joked, even though she fully knew the feeling. When they'd been on the road before killing the Archdemon, Macha had often taken other people's shifts at night-watching, just so that she wouldn't have to sleep, because nightmares came with sleep, and sometimes, having nightmares all night tired her out more than staying awake.

She nodded as Calliara relayed the events of the night to her. She'd left the party early, had done much the same as Calliara - checking on supplies and the new Wardens and such - but she had eventually gone to bed, even if only a few hours ago. "Right then. I'll let you get back to your work," she said with a nod, and watched Calli go off, only for Alistair to appear in her place.

"Oh. Good morning Alistair," she said, returning his smile, even though it was a little strained. She didn't want to be mad at him anymore, but some of it was still lingering, from his bullheadedness at not wanting to be King, and from the confusion he was putting Nygosy through.

Alistair noticed her the strain of her smile, and watched Calliara walk off before looking back at Macha, rubbing his hand across the back of his neck. "So - "

"Yes," she started, before he could ask again. "You are suppose to be here. We just need to wait for Nygozy to finish speaking with Griffinhart."

"Ah. Well then, in that case, I'll just . . . wait," he finished a little awkwardly, and Macha could help a small look of satisfaction at it. At least the man knew he was in the dog-house with her. That was the first step to getting out of it, as they said.
Macha
Macha

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Sun May 01, 2011 11:05 am

Ostef's blade cut through the air heading for Rakot's chest. Rakot took a step backwards, but not before the tip of the blade pierced his bare flesh. Rakot quickly recovered taking a step forward and spinning the pole of his weapon, the Ataash, its blade heading for Ostef from the side. The young mercenary lifted his shield to block just in time, pushing Rakot's weapon to the side, and continued by striking at Rakot with his sword. Ostef's attempt was interrupted however as Rakot tripped him to the ground with the pole of his weapon, continuing the spinning motion until its blade was two inches from Ostef's neck. The two warriors looked at each other intensely, breathing heavily from the sparring match, sweat flowing in rivers from their skin. Then Rakot lowered the Ataash and extended a hand to his comrade, helping him get up off the ground.

"So, I finally got you."

Ostef pointed to the small wound he made on Rakot's chest.

"About damn time, we've been training for months, it took you long enough to figure out my motion pattern. But this is good, you're improving. I'm starting to think that maybe we should get you a spear to practice with. You're good at covering most angles with your shield, and your sword work is decent, but you could be a lot more lethal if your weapon had more reach."

"Sure I'll give it a try....shit, this was a hell of a way to get rid of a hang over. I don't even feel it anymore."

Ostef reached for his canteen and started chugging water from it.

"Hard work generally pays off in every way."

Ostef finished drinking, and tossed the canteen to Rakot who began gulping down water himself.

"We have to go meet the wolf before we go on our mission. Its already been an hour since the sunrise, should probably go look for her now."

Rakot nodded his head, put on his shirt and chainmail, waited for Ostef to put on his plate and the two left the training field, heading for the camp.
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun May 01, 2011 11:28 am

Calliara was returning from meeting Dice and the children when she saw Rakot and Ostef heading for the camp. She assumed they were going to meet her (Creators saved them if that wasn't their intention) so she gave herself a moment to get a bottle of... Wine. Yeah. She needed to drink something.

The Wolf stopped when she was close to Nygozy's tent, waving lightly her hand to Alistair and Macha, and then turned to wait for Rakot and Ostef, drinking a brief sip.
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Sun May 01, 2011 11:31 am

Griffinhart did not see the sense in it - if you wanted them to trust you, you had to give them the chance to. "There is a saying - 'keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.' I believe this applies to those that do not trust you, if you want them to grow to trust you. Putting them under another's command... only makes them loyal to that person."
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Sun May 01, 2011 11:54 am

"Would be nice to get some breakfast before we went off."

"We can eat on the road, we got killing to do."

"You don't feel the hunger? I never been this hungry in my life."

"I do, I think it comes with being a Gray Warden.....Oh wait, I think I see her."

Spotting Calliara the two warriors approached her.

"Reporting for duty. What do you want, wolf?"

UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum